Cherished in Hawaii Weddings

Oahu & All Islands

Affordable Full-Service Weddings

Have the wedding of your dreams in the budget you can afford. We strongly believe that weddings should be fun and stress-free from the moment you begin planning. Enjoy both professional quality services as well as the personal touch that will make your day extra special.

Wedding

Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

92-1025 A. Koio Dr., Honolulu, HI
Oahu & All Islands

Reviewed on 10/23/2015

We are an Australian couple who were married in Hawaii this October. As you can imagine a daunting task getting married in a foreign olace and country with 80 of our closest friends and family. Well we found Carrie. This woman not only promised to deliver the wedding of our... Read More dreams, but actually delivered a Wedding better than we could have ever imagined. Her communication and then execution of what we wanted was unbelievable. Carrie and her infinite team/network of everything from husband Mark (our celebrant) to the florists, wait staff, chefs, musicians, bar tenders not only delivered on every promise but they dealt and worked with us with a smile and caring nature that was truely exceptional. As you can tell we could not recommend Carrie and the team more highly. Without her the best day of our lives would never have come true. (We even had guests, some of whom already happily married, that our wedding was the best day of their lives.) The hilariously ridiculous thing is there are literally plently of other planners who charge more than Carrie and I can be certain would not deliver the personal service that Carrie did us. An absolute no brainer we would recommend Carrie to anyone. Thankyou Carrie - we are forever grateful for your hard work and dedication.

Reviewed on 3/13/2016 Azaleah M

Words cannot express our gratitude enough for the team at Cherished in Hawaii Weddings. When we decided to have a destination wedding, our original plan was to do all the work ourselves and hire either a “day of” or “month and a half” coordinator as we had a budget. After... Read More inquiring from multiple coordinators, we were incredibly fortunate to come across Carrie with Cherished in Hawaii Weddings. We exchanged a couple of emails and after giving her our budget, she mentioned she might be able to offer a one stop shop, which was a huge relief. After speaking with her for a couple hours on the phone, we knew immediately that she was the coordinator we wanted to hire. Carrie is one of the most accommodating and most kind-hearted person we’ve ever met. After working with all the contracts, she showed us the invoice from all the vendors and we were ecstatic that she was so respectful of our budget. Fast forward to the week of the wedding, we had our pre wedding meeting with Carrie to go over the logistics of the wedding. She informed us multiple times to just relax and enjoy our wedding as she will take care of everything else. During the day of the wedding, Carrie ensured the timeline go as smooth as possible while also communicating with us each step of the way. After the ceremony and taking photos, we finally walked into the reception and we were blown away of what Carrie and her team was able to do. Carrie and her team at Cherished in Hawaii Weddings easily exceeded our expectations and we could not thank them enough!

Reviewed on 2/29/2016 Gaby W

We are an Australian couple who decided to do things a bit differently. We had a Jewish Orthodox wedding at Lanikohuanua in February 2016 and were so fortunate that Carrie was our planner and coordinator. Our wedding wasn't a simple task for any of the vendors. It was strictly... Read More kosher, and there were lots of traditions and customs that were included that they weren't used to. Carrie was very flexible and went way above and beyond for us compared to what she normally does, while keeping the costs very affordable. The wedding was absolutely perfect. It was a dream come true. And Carrie is incredible at co-0rdinating everything and everyone. She replies to emails straight away and has a very gentle way of communicating and keeping things calm. We highly recommend Carrie and Lanikohonua as a venue and are so happy with how everything turned out. She had a 4.5 hour meeting with us the day after we arrived in Oahu, consolidating everything and going over all the details. At the end of the night, she even made sure a lost wallet was returned to my cousins hotel. Her extreme attention to detail ensured our wedding was executed absolutely perfectly.

Reviewed on 8/11/2016

If you are searching for a wedding planning team, CHOOSE CHERISHED IN HAWAII!! I am so happy I selected their team to plan my wedding! I am the type of bride that wanted someone else to handle all of the details; ideally, I wanted someone to plan the entire wedding and I just... Read More show up on THE DAY ready to walk down the aisle. I gave Carrie a few ideas and she asked me some questions over the course of a few phone calls and traded emails. She made me feel comfortable and at ease all of the time. About 5 days ahead of time, I emailed Carrie and moved up my wedding date by 6 months! I was originally planning to get married in December 2016, and completely changed the timeline. I let poor Carrie know that we were coming next week and wanted to get married right away! She took it in stride, found a new (and less expensive!) venue, found a great hair/makeup artist, coordinated everything with the restaurant we chose for the reception, found a minister and made sure we got our wedding license. She never even seemed stressed about the last minute change of plans! I could not have asked for a more perfect team to plan my wedding. I would choose Cherished in Hawaii over and over again!

Reviewed on 7/24/2016

It’s been two months since our dream wedding in Oahu, but we still can’t stop smiling ear to ear just thinking back to our special day. We have one very special lady to thank for this – Carrie is simply the most amazing wedding planner anyone could ever ask for! She pays good... Read More attention to detail, has impeccable taste in her recommendations, is flexible in accommodating our changing ideas and really goes the extra mile. Right from the start, she has always been there for us with prompt replies and suitable notifications whenever she might be a little harder to reach due to events and travel. Not once during our entire planning phase did we feel any sense of panic, because we always had Carrie’s steady hands at the wheel. On the day of the wedding itself, she was ninja-like! It sounds funny, but there is no other way to describe it. Her presence was not at all imposing nor overbearing, but she was always just within reach for any questions we had, and even pre-empted a few of our requests! We could go on and on for pages about how amazing Carrie is at everything she did for us, but really, for a couple travelling to Hawaii for our destination wedding, she simply made the entire experience so assured, relaxed and easy for us. Thank you, Carrie, for the bottom of our hearts. We are so extremely happy to have you be a part of our wedding. Love from Sydney, Yoshie & Alan.

Reviewed on 7/10/2016 Ally J

The team at Cherished in Hawaii Weddings made our dream come true. From the very first interaction I had with Carrie I felt at ease and taken care of. She did a great job to give us a beautiful wedding full of happy memories. It was STRESS FREE & easy, I'd recommend Carrie... Read More and Team a million times over

Reviewed on 6/20/2016

Carrie and her team at Cherished in Hawaii Weddings were EXCELLENT in planning, organizing and fulfilling all our needs for my daughter's destination wedding at Paradise Cove. From the first moment we spoke, I knew I was making a wise decision by hiring Carrie and her team.... Read More She reminded me several times, "no reason to stress over any of this. You will see" and she was absolutely right; she made sure everything was perfect and exactly what we wanted. My daughter wanted to pray with her fiance' privately before the ceremony and Carrie made sure they were able to do this without the groom seeing the bride on their wedding day before the wedding. The team at Cherished in Hawaii Weddings made my daughter's dream wedding a reality and we are thankful for their teamwork. Thank you Carrie and the Team at Cherished in Hawaii Weddings, we have a life time of memories because of your hard work and dedication!

Reviewed on 6/16/2016

We can't thank Carrie and her team enough!! We are an Australian couple who got married at Paradise Cove with our reception at Top of Roy's in Ko Olina and the whole experience was amazing. All the wedding planning from the other side of the world was so easy with the... Read More Cherished in Hawaii team and I don't think there are enough words to do their work justice. Our day was even better than we imagined and if you truly want a dream wedding, in a dream location organised with no-stress and by an amazing lady and her team, then look no further than Cherished in Hawaii!

Reviewed on 6/10/2016

I found Carrie online while looking for a wedding coordinator. Everything I read about her from reviews to her own profile sounded great! I called Carrie because I needed a day of coordinator, and when we spoke she was extremely helpful. Carrie let me know about details I... Read More didn't realize I had to consider and also suggested vendors for me. She gave me good advice and spoke to me more like a friend and not a business. I ended up using three of the vendors she suggested and I couldn't be happier with them. Everyone has been very responsive and affordable. I would recommend Carrie to anyone looking for a planner.

Reviewed on 6/03/2016 Sin Ian S

We are giving them 10 stars for their professional services and being the best of the best. Thanks to the whole team at Cherished in Hawaii Wedding for helping us run a memorable destination wedding. We appreciated your unfailing attention to detail. With all the last minute... Read More snags, we worried that something would fall through the cracks, but you anticipated every contingency. Many guests commented on how well you all had organized the wedding. We could not have done all of this without you! Thank you Carrie and Mark! You guys and your team Rocks!!!!! -Jackie and Katie

Reviewed on 6/03/2016 Charmain B

Recently I had the honor or participating in one of my very best friends' wedding. It was so beautiful. The ceremony location at Paradise Cove and the reception at Roy's in Ko'Olina were outstanding. The decor, flowers, everything was AMAZING!!! My friend told me her wedding... Read More coordinator was Carrie Lance of Cherished in Hawaii Weddings; she was the one who created her dream wedding. And, the officiant was Reverend Mark Kurnow. He delivered a beautiful blessing to the bride and groom and I was truly touched by his words. I just want to say thank you for making my friends' day so special. And, when I plan my dream wedding I will be calling the team at Cherished in Hawaii Weddings to make it happen.

Reviewed on 6/02/2016

When my other half told me let’s get married within two months, I was hesitated not because I do not want to marry him, but because of the time frame, the planning and how much stress it’s going to cost me. Then we found Carrie and Mark, spoke to them just one time, assured me... Read More that is doable and do not stress. She put quotes together from place of ceremony, receptions, Music, flowers…. you name it and within a couple of days our needs are within reach. All of them were within our budget. We thought our dream was beyond reach! We have booked our wedding with Carrie’s and Mark’s helped every step of the way. All in all, Cherished in Hawaii Weddings is awesome... My fiancé and I are over the moon and our friends cannot believe how lucky we have got to know them. We never felt stress or worry, we totally trust Cherished in Hawaii Weddings and our special day was fabulous. We love you guys. Thank you so much form the bottom of our heart. Love, Thelma and Jeff

Reviewed on 5/26/2016 Rosalee Y

I simply could not have enjoyed our big day as much as I did without Carrie. I felt she really listened to us and helped us to manifest our vision. She went above and beyond what we expected of her.

Reviewed on 5/24/2016 Gennessey L

Carrie and her team did SUCH an amazing job with our wedding at Lanikuhonua. I wanted a lot of specific elements and Carrie patiently worked through all the details with me over countless emails and phone calls - all the while remaining professional but still keeping things fun.... Read More Her organizational skills made it so easy to keep track of everything and I knew that our wedding day would go exactly as planned - which it did! She also has a GREAT network of vendors whom we completely trusted - especially the food! Nao was absolutely amazing and people couldn't stop talking about how great the food was. Carrie also has lots of tips to keep the day going smoothly, but she always made it work when we wanted to do something other than what she recommended. Many thanks to Carrie and her team for making our dream wedding happen!

Reviewed on 5/06/2016

I was told to show up on my wedding day, relax, stress-free and have fun. As a lazy groom, done deal. Since I know nothing about weddings, Carrie took the time to explain and guided me through the entire process like I was at a buffet selecting venue, food catering, photography... Read More vendors, flowers, etc. There were a lot to select from. Communication with Carrie was excellent. She was down to earth, easy to talk to, and very friendly. What I like most about Carrie is that she doesn't tell you if your ideas are doable or not, she goes one step further. If your idea was good, she'll provide her personal feedback and recommendation to improve your ideas. If it was bad, she'll state reasons why and provide alternative options. This made my wedding extra special. I can't thank her enough for this. I hope all wedding planners out there follow suit. Come to the wedding day, as promised, my bride (now wife) and I showed up stress-free and had a lot of fun. CHW literally did everything. It was beautifully decorated, magically all set up, and awesomely played out from the DJ playing the music to the entire ceremony. Guests were very surprised not knowing how the wedding was going to be. The Polynesian show made it that more unique. At this point, the guests were blown away from the entire event as my wife and I were. Carrie and team at Cherished in Hawaii Wedding, thank for everything!! My wife and I highly recommend Cherished in Hawaii Weddings. My only advice, save budget for the Polynesian show and send me a thank you card afterward. A day or so after the wedding, my wife and I was treated to a dinner with another Polynesian show and it was entertaining but definitely not as great as the performers from our wedding.

Reviewed on 5/02/2016

We are from Alaska, and it was our first time ever going to Hawaii. We had no idea what to look for so I started browsing wedding websites for a wedding coordinator. Cherished Weddings in Hawaii caught my eye. Carrie is amazing! If you are looking for someone to help you with... Read More your big day from beginning to end stress free. You are at the right place. Our wedding was held at Paradise Cove, and it was gorgeous. The weather was amazing. She had many options of vendors & the ones we worked with were amazing. Our big day went smoothly. Our photos & video looks gorgeous, and will be cherished for the rest of our lives. If you want to remember your ceremony it’s a good idea to video the whole thing. From picking a venue to finding a cake vendor, hair & makeup, photography & videography to our reception Carrie had all the answers. She makes you feel special. She takes care of everything, and pays attention to detail. Tiki’s Bar & Grill, the Coconut Room has an amazing view on Waikiki for a reception. Especially if it’s on a Friday, so we got to watch the Hilton Hawaiian Village fireworks. Thank you Carrie & your team for doing an awesome job on our wedding day! You all made us feel so special. I would highly recommend Cherished Weddings in Hawaii.

Reviewed on 5/02/2016

Reviewed on 4/17/2016 Jazmarie O

Carrie and her vendors did such a wonderful job on making our wedding perfect! Our ceremony was held at Paradise Cove which was so beautiful with the ocean and palm trees in the background. We were on the grass and shaded by palm trees. The ceremony was held on time because... Read More everything was so well organized by Cherished in Hawaii Weddings. We didn't have the usual rehearsal prior since Paradise Cove is strict, but Carrie was great on instructing our family and wedding party so everything went smoothly. The only problem was that everything finished early that my guests had to wait around until they can get to our reception at Roy's Ko Olina. Carrie is also great at trying to keep you in your budget and saving you money. We had a small budget with 50 guests, including my husband and I. I was so fortunate to find a full time coordinator with our small budget. Carrie coordinated our wedding throughout the entire year up until the day. I was a little worried half the year because she was so busy with other weddings that I thought nothing was moving forward. Plus, we mostly exchanged emails so I felt like it was harder to communicate what I was envisioning or explain what I was asking for. It's just hard to explain the details over email and text messages. I'm a perfectionist and I'm a creative person so I was worried that our wedding wouldn't turn out the way I envisioned, but it did. :) I also, had problems making decisions, but Carrie reassured me along the way and did her best to fulfill my requests. There were some hiccups but that happens in any event. One was, the DJ didn't play enough hip hop mostly 70's music but most of my guests were still dancing and had a great time! And Oli from Roy's Ko Olina also did a great job on taking care of us. Our guests were stuffed from the pupus and dinner entree. There were plenty of cocktails and wine that lasted until 9pm and were still within budget. :) Overall, I highly suggest to use Cherished in Hawaii Weddings! I was completely stress free before the day of and during my wedding.

Reviewed on 3/21/2016

Woohoo! As good as it gets! We had a small wedding of 15 people, but Carrie and Mark still made the entire process so easy. They took care of everything, and even found us a public beach that was secluded. They are both so easy going and extremely friendly to work with. And the... Read More pictures Mark took looked amazing! Thanks Carrie and Mark for sharing in our special day! - Lin and Tony

Reviewed on 3/17/2016

Planning a destination wedding can be very stressful, especially if you’re many miles away from the wedding location. I cannot say enough good things about Carrie Lance, from her efficiency and understanding of your needs on your initial call, to her diligence and thoughtful... Read More suggestions. Carrie does not give you a cookie cutter checklist, but works with you to create the wedding you always wanted on the islands of Hawaii. She also has great vendor recommendations, from hair and makeup to photography and videography. Thank you Carrie!

Reviewed on 2/28/2016

I usually don't have a habit of writing reviews but this time I feel that I should write one for Carrie & her team. First and foremost, if you are ever considering doing a destination wedding in Hawaii, give Carrie a call. My now-wife and I had decided to have a small... Read More wedding with close relatives and friends in Hawaii a bit over half year before our wedding date. Both of us had tight work schedules and meantime we were renovating our new home. Yes, if you add these two things up, it would have been ready a headache! I had made a couple of wedding planning inquiries before reaching out to Carrie. It turned out that her price was very reasonable but more importantly she made me feel that everything could be easily and assuredly settled without much hassle at my end which calmed us down a lot in that situation. We were located at the east coast but we didn't really feel much a time difference with Carrie's quick responses via emails. She was so easy to talk and very well organized. I would admit that their website was not the easiest to navigate with but Carrie walked through every single detail with us. She listened very carefully about our needs, budget, style and provide rather constructive suggestions and comments. My wife and I did not have any wedding planning experiences before, not to mention a remote destination wedding. Carrie was just so enthusiast to make our wedding perfectly according to our needs and made our planning process much more smooth than we initially thought. Step by step, bit by bit, line by line, we finally got to Hawaii. The day before the wedding, we finally met Carrie and Mark the first time after numerous emails and calls. Mark was also our minister and he grasped languages like a charm. My wife and my name were hard to pronounce in our native language but Mark got it instantly when we told him! Carrie and Mark patiently went over all the logistics with us and we were 99% sure that we would be in great shape the big day next. The wedding day went very well and executed perfectly. Carrie kept us closely in the loop remind us what preparation had been done, what was the next steps, communicating with various stakeholders, vendors and keeping the timeline and schedules as planned. We didn't and couldn't imagine how much stuff behind the scene that Carrie had her hands on. During that two days, as I remember that the most words that Carrie told us was to "Just relax and enjoy the wedding, I will take care of the rest.." As what she said, it was all good. We couldn't thank more Cherished in Hawaii Weddings for providing such a wonderful service. It was way beyond our expectations. Carrie was just passionate about her business and with the experiences and networks she had, you would never think about planning a destination wedding would be that hard. We strongly recommend her to all future prospective couples.

Reviewed on 2/08/2016

Words cannot express how pleased we are with the team at Cherished in Hawaii Weddings for their efforts in making our day absolutely perfect. Their prices are very reasonable; honestly, at first we thought it was too good to be true. But, after our very first conversation with... Read More Carrie, we knew we were in good hands. We presented a small and very strict budget which we were never pressured to break. The experts at Cherished in Hawaii Weddings provided excellent advice about what aspects of the event would make our wedding everything we had hoped for and more; they even pointed out when requests we made were not worth the money we would spend. Planning our wedding from 3,000 miles away was completely stress-free. We were 100% comfortable that all details were being worked by the team to ensure our destination wedding would be worry free and exactly what we wanted. The team maintained exceptional communication with us throughout the entire process. Our emails and text messages were always returned quickly, and phone calls were set up to talk through any details that weren’t easily worked out via email or text. It is clear the team is organized and detail oriented – and they are so friendly! By the time our event was over, the team of people who were initially strangers, felt like best friends. The entire process was fun and worry free. The team at Cherished in Hawaii Weddings exceeded all our expectations. We could not have imagined a more perfect day!

Reviewed on 2/01/2016 Sheana C

My husband and I decided to have a destination wedding due to our love for the Hawaiian Islands. Oahu was our special place and so we made our dream wedding come to life. Being on the mainland it is very challenging planning from afar. I emailed a few wedding planners and most... Read More were more interested in my budget rather than to get to know me first. Carrie on the other hand, was very friendly and interested to chat about my wedding plans before we got in to the nitty gritty of budgets, etc. What i loved most about Carrie is how she gets straight to the point and how she has the knowledge on where to cut corners to save or splurge. After all, I couldn't imagine not having Carrie on my side guiding me through the planning. My husband and I had the most beautiful wedding that went so smooth i had no worries in the world. I would never hesitate to recommend Carrie and her team at Cherished in Hawaii Weddings. Thank you Carrie!!!

Reviewed on 1/12/2016 Brooke C

5 stars isn't enough for this review! My husband and I were nervous about the idea of planning a wedding in a place we had never been, and even more, planning a wedding with a person we had never met! From the first phone call with Carrie she just put all my worries to rest. She... Read More had been our rock threw the entire process. We had a very strict budget and she went above and beyond to make sure step by step we stayed with our budget! Our wedding was the most amazing day, and Carrie made sure everything was absolutely perfect. She made sure my husband and I were taken care of the entire day! Words can not describe how thankful we are to have had Carrie threw this entire experience! She made us feel like family, and if we ever plan another event in Hawaii, our fist phone call will be to Cherrished in Hawaii weddings!

Reviewed on 11/10/2015

Do yourself the biggest favor and hire Carrie. Having planned several large (2k+ people) events with VIPs, security and tons of logistics to deal with, I thought that a 150 person wedding would be a cinch for me to plan. Could I have done it alone? Absolutely, but I didn't have... Read More to and Carrie really made everything so easy. It was nice for once, to just let someone else handle most the details. Carrie does this for a living for a reason. She's a true professional with years of experience and the relationships that come with that. If you've ever done business in Hawaii, you know that if you're not a local sometimes it's hard to get people to respond to calls or emails. Relationships matter and Carrie knows who to call, when to call, and what to ask for - no matter what vendor you need. Where your planner is based makes all the difference. An example - one venue we really liked Carrie suggested we cross off our list, "It's beautiful in pictures but the pond nearby means a lot of mosquitoes." That's the kind of insight you are paying for. Not to mention, her great attitude, her spot-on recommendations, and how respectful she is of your budget. We gave Carrie a laughably small budget and she worked with it and was constantly suggesting ways to save money. I never felt less important because our budget was smaller, Carrie treated us like VIPs all the time. On the wedding day, I noticed Carrie running smoothing out details, talking to vendors, and making sure my partner and I were taken care of. In short, hire Carrie - all her vendors and everything about her operation is perfect and you will thank her for it.