Cherished in Hawaii Weddings

Oahu & All Islands

Affordable Full-Service Weddings

Have the wedding of your dreams in the budget you can afford. We strongly believe that weddings should be fun and stress-free from the moment you begin planning. Enjoy both professional quality services as well as the personal touch that will make your day extra special.

Wedding

Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

92-1025 A. Koio Dr., Honolulu, HI
Oahu & All Islands

Reviewed on 10/23/2015

We are an Australian couple who were married in Hawaii this October. As you can imagine a daunting task getting married in a foreign olace and country with 80 of our closest friends and family. Well we found Carrie. This woman not only promised to deliver the wedding of our... Read More dreams, but actually delivered a Wedding better than we could have ever imagined. Her communication and then execution of what we wanted was unbelievable. Carrie and her infinite team/network of everything from husband Mark (our celebrant) to the florists, wait staff, chefs, musicians, bar tenders not only delivered on every promise but they dealt and worked with us with a smile and caring nature that was truely exceptional. As you can tell we could not recommend Carrie and the team more highly. Without her the best day of our lives would never have come true. (We even had guests, some of whom already happily married, that our wedding was the best day of their lives.) The hilariously ridiculous thing is there are literally plently of other planners who charge more than Carrie and I can be certain would not deliver the personal service that Carrie did us. An absolute no brainer we would recommend Carrie to anyone. Thankyou Carrie - we are forever grateful for your hard work and dedication.

Reviewed on 3/13/2016 Azaleah M

Words cannot express our gratitude enough for the team at Cherished in Hawaii Weddings. When we decided to have a destination wedding, our original plan was to do all the work ourselves and hire either a “day of” or “month and a half” coordinator as we had a budget. After... Read More inquiring from multiple coordinators, we were incredibly fortunate to come across Carrie with Cherished in Hawaii Weddings. We exchanged a couple of emails and after giving her our budget, she mentioned she might be able to offer a one stop shop, which was a huge relief. After speaking with her for a couple hours on the phone, we knew immediately that she was the coordinator we wanted to hire. Carrie is one of the most accommodating and most kind-hearted person we’ve ever met. After working with all the contracts, she showed us the invoice from all the vendors and we were ecstatic that she was so respectful of our budget. Fast forward to the week of the wedding, we had our pre wedding meeting with Carrie to go over the logistics of the wedding. She informed us multiple times to just relax and enjoy our wedding as she will take care of everything else. During the day of the wedding, Carrie ensured the timeline go as smooth as possible while also communicating with us each step of the way. After the ceremony and taking photos, we finally walked into the reception and we were blown away of what Carrie and her team was able to do. Carrie and her team at Cherished in Hawaii Weddings easily exceeded our expectations and we could not thank them enough!

Reviewed on 2/29/2016 Gaby W

We are an Australian couple who decided to do things a bit differently. We had a Jewish Orthodox wedding at Lanikohuanua in February 2016 and were so fortunate that Carrie was our planner and coordinator. Our wedding wasn't a simple task for any of the vendors. It was strictly... Read More kosher, and there were lots of traditions and customs that were included that they weren't used to. Carrie was very flexible and went way above and beyond for us compared to what she normally does, while keeping the costs very affordable. The wedding was absolutely perfect. It was a dream come true. And Carrie is incredible at co-0rdinating everything and everyone. She replies to emails straight away and has a very gentle way of communicating and keeping things calm. We highly recommend Carrie and Lanikohonua as a venue and are so happy with how everything turned out. She had a 4.5 hour meeting with us the day after we arrived in Oahu, consolidating everything and going over all the details. At the end of the night, she even made sure a lost wallet was returned to my cousins hotel. Her extreme attention to detail ensured our wedding was executed absolutely perfectly.

Reviewed on 5/24/2016 Gennessey L

Carrie and her team did SUCH an amazing job with our wedding at Lanikuhonua. I wanted a lot of specific elements and Carrie patiently worked through all the details with me over countless emails and phone calls - all the while remaining professional but still keeping things fun.... Read More Her organizational skills made it so easy to keep track of everything and I knew that our wedding day would go exactly as planned - which it did! She also has a GREAT network of vendors whom we completely trusted - especially the food! Nao was absolutely amazing and people couldn't stop talking about how great the food was. Carrie also has lots of tips to keep the day going smoothly, but she always made it work when we wanted to do something other than what she recommended. Many thanks to Carrie and her team for making our dream wedding happen!

Reviewed on 5/06/2016

I was told to show up on my wedding day, relax, stress-free and have fun. As a lazy groom, done deal. Since I know nothing about weddings, Carrie took the time to explain and guided me through the entire process like I was at a buffet selecting venue, food catering, photography... Read More vendors, flowers, etc. There were a lot to select from. Communication with Carrie was excellent. She was down to earth, easy to talk to, and very friendly. What I like most about Carrie is that she doesn't tell you if your ideas are doable or not, she goes one step further. If your idea was good, she'll provide her personal feedback and recommendation to improve your ideas. If it was bad, she'll state reasons why and provide alternative options. This made my wedding extra special. I can't thank her enough for this. I hope all wedding planners out there follow suit. Come to the wedding day, as promised, my bride (now wife) and I showed up stress-free and had a lot of fun. CHW literally did everything. It was beautifully decorated, magically all set up, and awesomely played out from the DJ playing the music to the entire ceremony. Guests were very surprised not knowing how the wedding was going to be. The Polynesian show made it that more unique. At this point, the guests were blown away from the entire event as my wife and I were. Carrie and team at Cherished in Hawaii Wedding, thank for everything!! My wife and I highly recommend Cherished in Hawaii Weddings. My only advice, save budget for the Polynesian show and send me a thank you card afterward. A day or so after the wedding, my wife and I was treated to a dinner with another Polynesian show and it was entertaining but definitely not as great as the performers from our wedding.

Reviewed on 5/02/2016

We are from Alaska, and it was our first time ever going to Hawaii. We had no idea what to look for so I started browsing wedding websites for a wedding coordinator. Cherished Weddings in Hawaii caught my eye. Carrie is amazing! If you are looking for someone to help you with... Read More your big day from beginning to end stress free. You are at the right place. Our wedding was held at Paradise Cove, and it was gorgeous. The weather was amazing. She had many options of vendors & the ones we worked with were amazing. Our big day went smoothly. Our photos & video looks gorgeous, and will be cherished for the rest of our lives. If you want to remember your ceremony it’s a good idea to video the whole thing. From picking a venue to finding a cake vendor, hair & makeup, photography & videography to our reception Carrie had all the answers. She makes you feel special. She takes care of everything, and pays attention to detail. Tiki’s Bar & Grill, the Coconut Room has an amazing view on Waikiki for a reception. Especially if it’s on a Friday, so we got to watch the Hilton Hawaiian Village fireworks. Thank you Carrie & your team for doing an awesome job on our wedding day! You all made us feel so special. I would highly recommend Cherished Weddings in Hawaii.

Reviewed on 5/02/2016

Reviewed on 4/17/2016 Jazmarie O

Carrie and her vendors did such a wonderful job on making our wedding perfect! Our ceremony was held at Paradise Cove which was so beautiful with the ocean and palm trees in the background. We were on the grass and shaded by palm trees. The ceremony was held on time because... Read More everything was so well organized by Cherished in Hawaii Weddings. We didn't have the usual rehearsal prior since Paradise Cove is strict, but Carrie was great on instructing our family and wedding party so everything went smoothly. The only problem was that everything finished early that my guests had to wait around until they can get to our reception at Roy's Ko Olina. Carrie is also great at trying to keep you in your budget and saving you money. We had a small budget with 50 guests, including my husband and I. I was so fortunate to find a full time coordinator with our small budget. Carrie coordinated our wedding throughout the entire year up until the day. I was a little worried half the year because she was so busy with other weddings that I thought nothing was moving forward. Plus, we mostly exchanged emails so I felt like it was harder to communicate what I was envisioning or explain what I was asking for. It's just hard to explain the details over email and text messages. I'm a perfectionist and I'm a creative person so I was worried that our wedding wouldn't turn out the way I envisioned, but it did. :) I also, had problems making decisions, but Carrie reassured me along the way and did her best to fulfill my requests. There were some hiccups but that happens in any event. One was, the DJ didn't play enough hip hop mostly 70's music but most of my guests were still dancing and had a great time! And Oli from Roy's Ko Olina also did a great job on taking care of us. Our guests were stuffed from the pupus and dinner entree. There were plenty of cocktails and wine that lasted until 9pm and were still within budget. :) Overall, I highly suggest to use Cherished in Hawaii Weddings! I was completely stress free before the day of and during my wedding.

Reviewed on 3/21/2016

Woohoo! As good as it gets! We had a small wedding of 15 people, but Carrie and Mark still made the entire process so easy. They took care of everything, and even found us a public beach that was secluded. They are both so easy going and extremely friendly to work with. And the... Read More pictures Mark took looked amazing! Thanks Carrie and Mark for sharing in our special day! - Lin and Tony

Reviewed on 3/17/2016

Planning a destination wedding can be very stressful, especially if you’re many miles away from the wedding location. I cannot say enough good things about Carrie Lance, from her efficiency and understanding of your needs on your initial call, to her diligence and thoughtful... Read More suggestions. Carrie does not give you a cookie cutter checklist, but works with you to create the wedding you always wanted on the islands of Hawaii. She also has great vendor recommendations, from hair and makeup to photography and videography. Thank you Carrie!

Reviewed on 2/28/2016

I usually don't have a habit of writing reviews but this time I feel that I should write one for Carrie & her team. First and foremost, if you are ever considering doing a destination wedding in Hawaii, give Carrie a call. My now-wife and I had decided to have a small... Read More wedding with close relatives and friends in Hawaii a bit over half year before our wedding date. Both of us had tight work schedules and meantime we were renovating our new home. Yes, if you add these two things up, it would have been ready a headache! I had made a couple of wedding planning inquiries before reaching out to Carrie. It turned out that her price was very reasonable but more importantly she made me feel that everything could be easily and assuredly settled without much hassle at my end which calmed us down a lot in that situation. We were located at the east coast but we didn't really feel much a time difference with Carrie's quick responses via emails. She was so easy to talk and very well organized. I would admit that their website was not the easiest to navigate with but Carrie walked through every single detail with us. She listened very carefully about our needs, budget, style and provide rather constructive suggestions and comments. My wife and I did not have any wedding planning experiences before, not to mention a remote destination wedding. Carrie was just so enthusiast to make our wedding perfectly according to our needs and made our planning process much more smooth than we initially thought. Step by step, bit by bit, line by line, we finally got to Hawaii. The day before the wedding, we finally met Carrie and Mark the first time after numerous emails and calls. Mark was also our minister and he grasped languages like a charm. My wife and my name were hard to pronounce in our native language but Mark got it instantly when we told him! Carrie and Mark patiently went over all the logistics with us and we were 99% sure that we would be in great shape the big day next. The wedding day went very well and executed perfectly. Carrie kept us closely in the loop remind us what preparation had been done, what was the next steps, communicating with various stakeholders, vendors and keeping the timeline and schedules as planned. We didn't and couldn't imagine how much stuff behind the scene that Carrie had her hands on. During that two days, as I remember that the most words that Carrie told us was to "Just relax and enjoy the wedding, I will take care of the rest.." As what she said, it was all good. We couldn't thank more Cherished in Hawaii Weddings for providing such a wonderful service. It was way beyond our expectations. Carrie was just passionate about her business and with the experiences and networks she had, you would never think about planning a destination wedding would be that hard. We strongly recommend her to all future prospective couples.

Reviewed on 2/08/2016

Words cannot express how pleased we are with the team at Cherished in Hawaii Weddings for their efforts in making our day absolutely perfect. Their prices are very reasonable; honestly, at first we thought it was too good to be true. But, after our very first conversation with... Read More Carrie, we knew we were in good hands. We presented a small and very strict budget which we were never pressured to break. The experts at Cherished in Hawaii Weddings provided excellent advice about what aspects of the event would make our wedding everything we had hoped for and more; they even pointed out when requests we made were not worth the money we would spend. Planning our wedding from 3,000 miles away was completely stress-free. We were 100% comfortable that all details were being worked by the team to ensure our destination wedding would be worry free and exactly what we wanted. The team maintained exceptional communication with us throughout the entire process. Our emails and text messages were always returned quickly, and phone calls were set up to talk through any details that weren’t easily worked out via email or text. It is clear the team is organized and detail oriented – and they are so friendly! By the time our event was over, the team of people who were initially strangers, felt like best friends. The entire process was fun and worry free. The team at Cherished in Hawaii Weddings exceeded all our expectations. We could not have imagined a more perfect day!

Reviewed on 2/01/2016 Sheana C

My husband and I decided to have a destination wedding due to our love for the Hawaiian Islands. Oahu was our special place and so we made our dream wedding come to life. Being on the mainland it is very challenging planning from afar. I emailed a few wedding planners and most... Read More were more interested in my budget rather than to get to know me first. Carrie on the other hand, was very friendly and interested to chat about my wedding plans before we got in to the nitty gritty of budgets, etc. What i loved most about Carrie is how she gets straight to the point and how she has the knowledge on where to cut corners to save or splurge. After all, I couldn't imagine not having Carrie on my side guiding me through the planning. My husband and I had the most beautiful wedding that went so smooth i had no worries in the world. I would never hesitate to recommend Carrie and her team at Cherished in Hawaii Weddings. Thank you Carrie!!!

Reviewed on 1/12/2016 Brooke C

5 stars isn't enough for this review! My husband and I were nervous about the idea of planning a wedding in a place we had never been, and even more, planning a wedding with a person we had never met! From the first phone call with Carrie she just put all my worries to rest. She... Read More had been our rock threw the entire process. We had a very strict budget and she went above and beyond to make sure step by step we stayed with our budget! Our wedding was the most amazing day, and Carrie made sure everything was absolutely perfect. She made sure my husband and I were taken care of the entire day! Words can not describe how thankful we are to have had Carrie threw this entire experience! She made us feel like family, and if we ever plan another event in Hawaii, our fist phone call will be to Cherrished in Hawaii weddings!

Reviewed on 11/10/2015

Do yourself the biggest favor and hire Carrie. Having planned several large (2k+ people) events with VIPs, security and tons of logistics to deal with, I thought that a 150 person wedding would be a cinch for me to plan. Could I have done it alone? Absolutely, but I didn't have... Read More to and Carrie really made everything so easy. It was nice for once, to just let someone else handle most the details. Carrie does this for a living for a reason. She's a true professional with years of experience and the relationships that come with that. If you've ever done business in Hawaii, you know that if you're not a local sometimes it's hard to get people to respond to calls or emails. Relationships matter and Carrie knows who to call, when to call, and what to ask for - no matter what vendor you need. Where your planner is based makes all the difference. An example - one venue we really liked Carrie suggested we cross off our list, "It's beautiful in pictures but the pond nearby means a lot of mosquitoes." That's the kind of insight you are paying for. Not to mention, her great attitude, her spot-on recommendations, and how respectful she is of your budget. We gave Carrie a laughably small budget and she worked with it and was constantly suggesting ways to save money. I never felt less important because our budget was smaller, Carrie treated us like VIPs all the time. On the wedding day, I noticed Carrie running smoothing out details, talking to vendors, and making sure my partner and I were taken care of. In short, hire Carrie - all her vendors and everything about her operation is perfect and you will thank her for it.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

We had a wedding in August 2015. Carrie went above and beyond our expectations before and during the wedding. From the first time we talked to her, we knew immediately we could trust her. Carrie was very attentive and had great suggestions for any concerns we had – flowers,... Read More cake, music, decoration etc. She was responsive to our emails and calls. On the day of the ceremony we woke up to a pretty heavy rain and had the ceremony planned to be outside. Both of us panicked and we were considering moving the ceremony to a different day. Carrie has been on the phone with our vendors before we even woke up that day. She was able to keep it all together and worked with us through different options e.g. renting a tent, moving the party indoors, or changing the venue all together. We will be always thankful to her for staying enthusiastic and having a to-do attitude. We were extremely discouraged because of the rain and she brought our good spirits back together. We decided to go ahead and have the ceremony outside with an option of moving it inside in case it starts to rain again. The great thing is that the weather turned out to be perfect. Carrie managed our vendors on site and she stayed even through dinner to ensure that everything went as planned. She was clearly invested in the party and you could see that she wanted everything to work out perfectly. I would recommend her to anyone.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

Carrie makes everything easy! From the moment that we got a consultation with her on the phone, she helped us realize that what we were originally envisioning for the wedding wasn't what we actually wanted for our special day. She was able to put together the wedding of our... Read More dreams and still was able to maintain our budget. Carrie also took the time to get to know us. She had ideas and visions and cost-saving tricks that we would have never thought of. She has amazing relationships with her vendors, and took care of everything that we wanted. She would gently nudge us when we had ideas that she knew might be challenging, and everything still felt special and customized. We wanted a small intimate wedding that was on the beach but still in a private setting. We got married in Paradise Cove in Ko Olina and had our reception at Roy's. We cannot imagine having our wedding any other way! Carrie was amazing!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Amy H

We got married in September of this year. We knew in the beginning of the year that we wanted to get married on a beach in Hawaii (we're from San Diego) at sunset, and that it would be just the two of us. And I knew I wanted to find someone to set this up for us- really choose... Read More the location, then find vendors, etc. I did not even know if that was a thing that that coordinators even do- just for two people only! I called Carrie based on her excellent reviews, also for the photography on her website. I also liked the fact that I would be dealing with her the whole time - I read reviews for other planners where in one review the planner was praised highly for their excellent work, but the. You might see a poor review for that planner's assistant dropping the ball. So anyways, Carrie made an impression on me during our first phone call- she absolutely does weddings for two only, and finds them very easy to plan- so she gave me the impression that everything would go smoothly. And it did, definitely. She offers option on all the services, doesn't push you one way or the other, but if asked, she'll give you a real and honest opinion. Also what made nervous was trusting someone I've never met, sending them money, to set such an important day for me- but Carrie was on top of everything. She is definitely a type A (though... Actually very relaxed)- she is on top of everything- and is ready to follow up with you on things before you even think to ask. I have to also commend her for setting me up with May for hair and makeup- who came to my hotel and had me ready on time, and listened to everything I said. I am rating her as high as I can and definitely recommended her for your wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

Planning a destination wedding can be stressful, especially if you are a control freak and trusting people isnt your thing. I am so grateful to have chosen Carrie as our wedding planner. She is exceptionally great at what she does! She is reliable, trustworthy, professional and... Read More overall a great person! She made me feel at ease, she truly cares about her clients. After this, I feel like we're friends. haha. I can go on and on about how wonderful she and her crew are, but I'm limited. So with that said, if you're looking for exceptional service and need to trust and rely on someone...look NO further! Thanks a million Cherished in Hawaii Weddings!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Clairissa V

I cannot even think of words to express our heartfelt gratitude and appreciation for Carrie and her team. My husband and I are from San Diego and planned a destination wedding because my husband grew up here, and it is where we met. I couldn't have made a better decision when... Read More it came to choosing someone to help with all the planning, especially planning from San Diego. Carrie was very easy to communicate with and our day was more perfect and beautiful than we could have imagined. Our friends and family keep telling us it was the most heartfelt, fun, and beat wedding they have ever been to. She allowed us to enjoy our day stress-free and we were able to appreciate everyone's company. We couldn't recommend anyone else but Carrie and her team to take care of your wedding needs. Thank you to everyone at Cherished in Hawaii!

Reviewed on 9/16/2015

We just wanted to say a massive THANK YOU to Carrie and the Cherished at Hawaii Weddings team! We had the absolute best day. Everything went perfectly. We can't thank them enough for all they did. All the vendors were amazing. Mark was fantastic for the ceremony, I loved my hair... Read More and make-up done by May, everyone was raving about our musician, and all the drivers were great. And the service at Roys restaurant was incredible - not to mention the food which was excellent. We had so many compliments about the day. Thank you so much for everything guys! 😀 if you're thinking of a destination wedding definitely choose these guys. No regrets. They take care of everything. We had the best ceremony at Paradise Cove followed by the best reception at Roy's Restaurant. All the guests loved it and we did too. Carrie and her team are the absolute best and you will not regret choosing them. They look after every little detail. So glad we chose them!

Reviewed on 9/09/2015

Carrie is amazing! She helped plan my dream wedding at Paradise Cove! I had to plan my wedding all the way from California, but the distance didn't matter. Carrie listened and captured everything my husband and I wanted. My family had a wonderful time and her team captured... Read More everything so now we can live through it over and over again. Thank you Carrie! Thank you Cherished in Hawaii Weddings!!!

Reviewed on 7/19/2015

The Team at Cherished in Hawaii Weddings was AMAZING!!!! I cannot say enough great things about their team! From start to finish the process was stress-free and turned out flawlessly. The entire process from planning through our big day exceeded my expectations!

Reviewed on 7/08/2015

The team at Cherished In Hawaii Weddings did a fantastic job! My fiancé and I were looking for something simple and small, and they definitely delivered! They were very detailed oriented and listened to everything we asked for! They really want to make sure it is the experience... Read More you want! I highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 6/27/2015 David G

The team at Cherished in Hawaii Weddings delivered absolutely everything we asked for and so much more that we didn't even know we would need. First of all, Carrie was so nice and so easy to talk to which made all of our interactions go very smoothly even in times of... Read More stress. We were about 50 days out when we contacted Cherished in Hawaii Weddings and had one vendor in line at the time, so we were freaking out. The team was not only willing to take us on at such a late time (even though they had another wedding in the evening of our wedding day) but they were gracious enough to work with our very limited budget to give us an incredible level of service. They helped us find all of our other vendors (who were all amazing) and worked through every single detail with us so that we knew everything was in place. They led us through a wedding rehearsal and even provided a backup person to do the ceremony when our officiant's status was up in the air. Without the team at Cherished in Hawaii Weddings, I honestly don't know what would have happened. Thankfully, we did have them and our wedding day went perfectly. The best part of their service was not the perfect execution of our wedding plan, or helping construct that plan, nor was it their friendly demeanor, or willingness to work with our limited budget, but it was the peace of mind they were able to give us throughout the entire process that allowed us to actually enjoy ourselves. We cannot thank them enough! They're the best.