Book Your Wedding with Cherokee Rose

A BALLROOM IN COMFORT, TX

The quintessential relaxed and secluded Hill Country Wedding is possible at Cherokee Rose, a family homestead-turned-wedding-venue located in the peaceful rolling vistas of Comfort, Texas. Cherokee Rose is ideally situated on the banks of the lazy Guadalupe River and offers many amazing outdoor settings for your ceremony or reception.

In every direction are fields of grass, silvery wooden paddock fencing, trees and hills. Many of the homestead's original structures remain in place and provide backdrops for Western-style and rustic engagement and wedding photo shoots. There is a barn as well as several outdoor venue possibilities for your ceremony and reception.

The Belle. Get married or party afterward in an authentic barn built in the 19th century. This is pure country with classic wooden board construction inside and a cobblestone terrace outside. The Belle will hold 200 to 250 people depending on the style of service and it is the backup spot in case of rain.

The Grove. This is where the trees are and you have your choice of towering varieties under which you may exchange vows or pitch a party tent, including:

The Leaning Tree. Lofty cypress canopies create a natural stage for your ceremony or reception on the lawn skirting the lush Guadalupe River.

Pecan Bluff. Wed on a rise of the property with expansive views next to a long stretch of Guadalupe river bottom.

Centennial Oak. Say your vows under one glorious, massive oak surrounded by lawn and adjacent to a renovated pavilion.

Packages are available which include a wedding coordinator or you may hire your own, but the venue requires one for your day-of event detail management. You may use Cherokee Rose's preferred caterers and bartenders or hire your own, but your chosen wedding pros must meet with Cherokee Rose prior to booking to ensure they understand the outside-vendor requirements.

There is absolutely no smoking on the property unless you wish to incur a $250 fine charged to the bridal party. You are also required to obtain liability insurance for your ceremony and reception.

Venue hours are 10 a.m. - 12 midnight and last call for alcohol is 11 p.m. Your event must end in time for your caterer, bar staff and other vendors to exit the property by midnight.

A walk-through will be done after the event to check that trash has been picked up and the area has been cleaned. You may hire Cherokee Rose staff to clean the venue if you prefer.

Security is provided by Cherokee Rose for the duration of your wedding.

Cherokee Rose offers plenty of Texas-style extras you won't find anywhere else. Add these special touches to your event for more special memories and photographs:

• Groom fishing package on the river
  • Traveling crystal chandelier for Grove decor
  • Square and round hay bales for seats/decoration
  • Church pews with seating for 76
  • Fireworks (when burning is allowed)

A Hill Country Venue located on the river.

A beautiful, soulful and scenic hill country ranch wedding or event venue. Come kick up your boots with us and enjoy some vintage Texas... Our Hope: To bring hearts and minds together; and, that through a relationship with God, those hearts and minds may stay together. We are so blessed here at Cherokee Rose, our land has always brought us closer to God. And we truly hope that your time here will refresh your spirit, open your mind, and clear your senses. We just want to share what truly longs to be shared. "EVERYONE TO WHOM MUCH WAS GIVEN, OF HIM MUCH WILL BE REQUIRED." Luke 12:48

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Farm + Ranch, Barn, Waterfront, Historic Venue, Tented, Vineyard

Planning

335 FM 473, Comfort, TX (830) 995-3435
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Jordan P

It has been a year since my husband and I were married, and I still think that besides saying yes to marrying him, choosing to have our wedding at Cherokee Rose was the best decision. From the moment we met Dakota and Jorja, they put us at east and helped make our wants and... Read More dreams a reality. They are the most easy going, humble people. Cherokee Rose is absolutely stunning. I cannot say enough great things about the venue and owners. Book your wedding here, you won't regret it!

Reviewed on 4/26/2017 Kassie M

There really aren't enough wonderful words to describe how magical our wedding was thanks to Cherokee Rose. The owners- Jorja and Dakota- have this wonderful balance of professionalism and warmth that immediately puts you at ease and made planning our day much less daunting. One... Read More of the things that originally drew us to this venue was its natural beauty. You don't have to do much decorating at all - the facilities are already gorgeous - once you visit it makes you never want to leave! Combined with the riverfront ceremony under the cypress trees, it truly could not have been more perfect (not to mention the cats and lamb that greeted our guests and followed us around on the day of- a serendipitous and sweet bonus). I grew up and fell in love in these rolling hills next to the Guadalupe, and this venue was able to encapsulate that and so much more. Thank you Jorja and Dakota! We'll cherish these memories forever!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Cassie S

Our wedding was better than we could have ever imagined thanks to Jorja and Dakota. This venue is so beautiful, the perfect backdrop for our special day. Our guest could not stop talking about how amazing it was. Jorja and Dakota are the dream team! We planned the whole wedding... Read More in about 4 months and it's all thanks to Jorja and Dakota. We are not from the area, so it would have been very difficult to find catering, photographer, DJ, and flowers on our own. We choose to have Jorja as our wedding coordinator and we are so glad we did. She made it so easy to find all the vendors we needed and they were all great! We were only able to make a few trips to the venue between finding the venue and our wedding day, but Jorja made it work. She set up all the meeting with the vendors, emailed, called and texted with us to make sure we were on schedule. A few days before the wedding she called all the vendors to make sure everything was in order. I honestly felt like I didn't have to worry about anything. The day of the wedding was the same. Jorja and Dakota made everything run so smooth and it seemed to be effortless. I was able to enjoy the entire day and I didn't spend one second worrying about anything. The venue itself is obviously gorgeous. I had a few concerns about it before my wedding. Before my wedding I was worried about bugs, the weather, and the bathrooms or dressing rooms being too small... I don't know why I wasted any time worrying about that. The whole property is so well maintained, there were very few bugs and whatever bugs may have been there were not harmful or a bother to us. The weather was beautiful, but even if it had rained, I am so confident in Jorja and Dakota I know it still would have been beautiful. They also had heaters or coolers if it got too hot or cold. The day of my wedding the dressing room was more than large enough and there was never a line for the bathroom. In the end I would do the whole day over again exactly the same. It was the perfect day, at the perfect venue, with my perfect guy.

Reviewed on 6/17/2017 Marie G

Cherokee Rose is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful spots in Texas, and an amazing spot for a wedding. Jorja and Dakota went out of their way to make everything about my daughter's wedding absolutely perfect. They couldn't have been nicer or easier to work with. Due to the... Read More sheer beauty and grandeur of the spot, wedding decor doesn't have to be complicated. I have four married children, three who just got married in the space of 7 months. Jorja is the best coordinator I have worked with. She and Dakota watched over every detail, so we could all really enjoy our day. It was wonderful! I can't recommend them highly enough with only 5 stars to give! :-)

The Durdens

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble. Like-wise, two people lying close together can keep each other warm. But how can one be warm alone? A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken. - ECCLESIASTES 4:9-12