Cherry Blossom Bridal, Specializing in Plus Sizes

Washington, DC

Specializing in Sizes 12 - 32

Cherry Blossom Bridal is Washington, DC’s only salon specializing in size 12+ brides. We are conveniently located in Capitol Hill. Please schedule an appointment today. Visit our website for trunk show and other event announcements (http://www.cherryblossombridal.com/newsannouncement.php)!

Flower Girl Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Bridal Stylists, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Plus Size Available, Private Appointments Available, Fashion Services, Fashion

1208 Pennsylvania Ave SE , Washington, DC (202) 544-2400

Amazing

Reviewed on 1/02/2014 ReNashia B

1st I would like to say THANK YOU, thank you, thank you. I was so nervous when I thought about finding my dress. I have been watching Say Yes To The Dress for many many years and I wanted that "tingling" feeling. My appointment was on a saturday and when I got there they were... Read More waiting on me with a smile on their face. Nobody else was in the shop but me and my guest and that was a nice feeling. India was my consultant and I can't not give her enough praise. She had the 1 dress that I just knew I was going to purchase ready for me but also had 4 other dresses. I wanted to try on the 1 that I knew I was already going to purchase last so I could have that feeling of saying yes I tried on more then 1 dress. India put me in a lace dress (because i told her NO i was not wearing a lace dress), that dress was really pretty on me and I was shocked. But it wasn't the dress. Then I tried on another dress that was similar in style the dress I wanted and my guest gave it a 10, i was not feeling it though. Then I put on 2 other dresses that was also similar in style to the dress I wanted but they weren't it either. THEN I had the 2nd to last dress. Before I got 1 leg in it I said, "India, this 1 is close, its giving me a little feeling," she laughed. Then I got it on and she pulled it tight in the back and I shook my head and said INDIA this is giving me the feeling, she laughed again. Once it was on i said this is it, but what about a belt, she said i have something better then a belt, how about an embellishment. I said ok lets see, she put that bling on the front of my dress and I could have jumped for joy. I walked out to show my guest with a huge smile. They all said oh my, my mother immediately cried and got up. When I turned around and looked in the mirror I KNEW this was it. But India was not done. She "jacked me up" and the veil OH MY GOSH the veil. They had me walk in like i was walking down the aisle, my mother was crying and I had that "TINGLING" feeling. I said YES TO THE DRESS. The whole time I was there India was amazing, very nice, very knowledgable, friendly and made my experience so memorable. Thank you India and the staff you've made my experience one of the best. P.S I never tried on the dress that I "knew" I was coming there to purchase. lol

Made the experience enjoyable!

Reviewed on 1/13/2014 Kromeklia B

I am a plus size bride and I had a least one experience where a shop said they had plenty of gowns for me to try on and that wasn't the case. So glad I went to Keba's shop. I started looking for gowns here, and ended up buying my gown there after a second visit. I love her... Read More store, it's comfortable and she gives you her personal attention. Every dress I wanted to try on was available and it was big enough for me. I am a street 18. I emailed pics before my appt. of dresses I liked so she would have an idea. At my appt she showed me dresses on a tablet I might liked and had pulled dresses as well. Shop here!

Best Informal wedding dress

Reviewed on 7/27/2013 Catherine W

Excellent service and wonderful alterations.

Reviewed on 6/17/2017 Tess M

This was the first shop I started my dress shopping at, and I was impressed! The vibe is super chill, no pressure to purchase, India (all the staff really) was absolutely exceptional. Super sweet young lady, and made me feel very comfy in all the dresses I tried on. I said yes... Read More to a beautiful gown at this shop!! Totally didn't expect to find THEE dress at my first bridal shop, but India had great suggestions & totally brought my idea to life, literally! An extra plus is that it's black owned and a small business, both in which I am adamant about supporting. I'd definitely recommend all my fellow curvy brides to this shop. It's small, but it's packed with sooo many beautiful options. Thanks ladies for making my experience seamless and fun =)

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Anscia B

I went here with my family and bridal party! They were very patient when it came to trying to find the right dress for me. Unfortunately, I tried on a dress in NY that they didn't have physically in the store and they ordered it for me! This was a blessing because they are... Read More located very close to house and it will be easy for alterations and any other assistance I may need. I recommend Cherry Blossom Bridal 110%! (And you do not have to be considered plus sized to make an appointment)

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Amanda M

I went to Cherry Blossom Bridal after a disappointing first experience trying on dresses. As soon as my mom and I walked in, we were greeted. They had dozens of beautiful dresses on display and the set-up was adorable. India was my stylist and she was amazing. I told her what I... Read More liked and she pulled the most fabulous dresses in the exact styles I told her about. I ended up choosing the first dress I tried on, a stunning Maggie Sottero design. India helped me to style it with a bodysuit and veil that look like they were made for the dress and allowed me to customize my look. Keba was there and gave me wonderful advice on where to get quality undergarments for my dress. Both women were kind and funny and gave me really personalized service. It helped that we had the first appointment of the day! They weren't pushy or made me feel like I had to buy a dress that day. I felt like India really listened to me and made me feel like I was the only bride in the world. The boutique itself is on the smaller side, but there is more than enough space to get changed and move around in the dresses. They have a huge selection of designer dresses in all kinds of styles. I can't wait for my dress to come in and go to my fittings! Anyone in DC looking for a wedding dress, go to Cherry Blossom Bridal, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 5/01/2017 Katelyn W

Amazing, amazing service from the specialists at Cherry Blossom Bridal! Keba and India are amazing. They helped me on three shopping appointments, including a silhouette fitting where I tried on dresses by myself to get a better feel for the process. I would highly recommend the... Read More silhouette fitting to other brides as well! It helped me feel more confident and less overwhelmed when it came time to shop with my family/friends. What impresses me most about CBB is that Keba is straight-forward about managing expectations for her customers. She provided insight on what is realistic in terms of ordering timelines, alterations, etc. India was able to find me a gown that met all my requirements and she has amazing creativity for ways to customize or tweak off-the-rack items to fit a specific vision. Not to mention, as other reviewers have said, they are incredibly accommodating budget-wise and will stick within the range you provide. They never made me feel like my budget wasn't "enough" to find what I wanted or like my questions, however detailed, were unnecessary. They have gone above and beyond to provide customer service and far exceeded my expectations. Now that I've purchased my dress, I can't wait to continue working with their team on alterations, undergarments, etc.

Reviewed on 4/23/2017 Anna M

I can't say enough about how wonderful my experience at Cherry Blossom Bridal was! Keba's warm and attentive presence, as well as her professional expertise, made me feel perfectly comfortable and supported. She listened to me explain what kinds of things I was looking for in a... Read More wedding dress and then brought out dresses that showed a range of possibilities within what I thought I wanted. The boutique space is beautiful and comfortable and I had a personalized, private experience. Finally, Cherry Blossom Bridal caters to curvy and plus size brides and I had an incredibly body-positive experience and felt good about my curves during and after(something I was very nervous about)! I highly recommend Cherry Blossom Bridal.

Reviewed on 4/19/2017 Michelle K

I am not a plus-size bride, and I got my dress from Cherry Blossom Bridal and it was the best decision. Everyone there is absolutely amazing and so incredibly friendly. It's a smaller salon, which I really liked since it felt a lot more intimate than bigger places where I felt... Read More like I was being pressured to pick a gown. After I found a gown that I loved but tried on in a size that was too big, they ordered a loaner in my size, so I would be able to try it on and make sure it was The Dress. I also did all of my alterations through Cherry Blossom Bridal, and everything was incredibly easy and well-organized. Highly recommend checking them out, whatever size you are!

Reviewed on 3/26/2017 Gloria B

Kudos to Cherry Blossom Bridal on a fantastic experience. I am a big fan of supporting local (woman owned!) businesses, so I was very happy to find this cute little shop. The shop itself is small but super glam. Also a very convenient location with ample street parking and... Read More right by the metro. The ladies were all extremely professional, sweet, knowledgeable, and took great pride and joy in their work. I had done a little bit of dress research but there are just sooo many options so I really needed help. My first appointment was a silhouette check, in which I was paired up with the lovely Octavia. She listened very attentively to my likes/dislikes, style, and most importantly BUDGET. The appointment was very informative and helped me narrow down the general styles that looked best on me. I had my eye on a gorgeous tea-length Essense of Australia, which they did not have in stock. However, they were having a trunk show a couple of weeks later and put in a special request to have that dress shipped for me to try on. On the day of my second appointment, I came with some members of my glamourpuss squad (one of my bridesmaids and my very well behaved 7 year old junior bridesmaid). Unfortunately, Essense of Australia was not able to ship the gown I had requested (which of course was not CBB's fault!), but Octavia had pulled several other absolutely STUNNING dresses for me to try. Meanwhile, my glamourpuss squad was having a fine time admiring all the beautiful veils, headbands, and other sparkly accessories. The ladies did not even bat an eyelash when the 7 year old asked to try on a veil, and in fact helped bling her out even more with a big swarovski crown (she just about cried with happiness, it was so cute). After a few dresses, I gave them a brief description of a silhouette and style that I was considering and asked if they had anything like that in the store. They thought about it for a minute then said, we have one Maggie Sottero dress that might work. Three minutes later I was wearing THE dress . The ladies even checked out the suit style that my boo is going to wear just to make sure the styles would work well together. That particular designer had actually had a trunk show the week prior, but CBB still gave me the trunk show price to apologize for the mishap with the other dress I had requested (I forgot all about the tea length one!). Now that's what I call customer service. Another note, although CBB specializes in curvy brides, they can actually order pretty much any size. (A fellow bride to be was there picking up her dress, and she was about a size 8.) I was extremely happy with my experience. Ladies, please consider supporting this fabulous local business.

Reviewed on 3/26/2017 Allison K

Cherry Blossom Bridal was a dream for a plus-size bride. One of my chief wedding anxieties was finding a dress in the feminine romantic style I had always envisioned, that was also designed for my body type. Cherry Blossom Bridal helped me find the dress of my dreams within my... Read More budget - particularly India who provided both expertise (including AMAZING dress instinct) and warm support throughout the process. The store is a class act all around. They made me feel so personally valued, and that seemed to extend to every customer I saw come into the store. When I ran into some last minute alteration issues days before the wedding, the owner actually drove an hour out to deliver my dress mid-way between the store and my wedding venue. If you're a plus size bride looking for a dress in the DC/MD area, there's nowhere better than Cherry Blossom.

Reviewed on 3/01/2017 Tamiko W

India (and the store owner) were/are AMAZING. Super friendly, relaxed environment and it totally felt like it was all about me! Found my dream dress! xoxo

Reviewed on 2/18/2017 Karen H

The location is great, they had good selection of dresses. My only disappointment was that a trunk show was stated on the website but wasn't presented during my appointment. The young lady that helped me was so awesome. I chose one dress, but she put me in a dress that was much... Read More more flattering, thank you for that.

2017-02-18T14:21:43 Response from the vendor

Thanks for your feedback. During our "Lace, with Love" promotion to celebrate Valentine's Day, we offered a free bra or veil with any new order of a lace wedding dress. I don't see that an order was placed during the relevant period by a bride... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 2/17/2017 Trish R

I had the most wonderful experience at Cherry Blossom Bridal! The salon was beautiful and the staff was above and beyond friendly & helpful. They had every dress that I found from designer websites and pinterest that I wanted to try on in a size that fit me! And experience... Read More like none other. Truly a great shop.

Reviewed on 2/10/2017 Ana H

India was my consultant and she was just amazing! It was getting a bit overwhelming but she assured me that she was "Team Bride"! Such an amazing person and the vibe of this store is so laid back and very very comfy. It's a bit small but its what makes it intimate! Great service... Read More here. Had to come back here 3 times! And each time I was never rushed! Fantastic bridal store!

Reviewed on 1/31/2017 Paulette B

I visited Cherry Blossom due to the rave reviews on customer service, selection, and ambiance. My consultant was India. First, the salon is beautiful, stylist, and comfortable. I have visited several salons and I have to say that Cherry Blossom's setup is the best I've... Read More seen. I love the privacy and how cozy it is. Next, when it comes to dress selection, there are plenty of options. I told and showed India they styles I liked and she was able to pull several selections that were very nice and along the lines of what I had asked for. Lastly, I didn't find "The Dress" but I had a great experience. Honestly, it was wonderful to be able to try on dresses completely. While I am not plus size, I am curvy and getting into samples is not always easy to do at other salons I highly recommend this salon whether you are curvy, plus size, or not.

Reviewed on 1/25/2017 Taryn H

These ladies were AMAZING! I had an awful experience at another bridal salon so I started emailing and making phone calls before i even agreed to make appointments. EVEN VIA EMAIL CHERRY BLOSSOM BRIDAL WAS DELIGHTFUL! I wonderful woman named India talked me through what i was... Read More thinking via email and really made me feel special. I was happy to keep this appointment. I got there and i was immediately welcomed warmly and asked about what I WANTED! Not only did they show me everything i was looking for they also had the insight to show me things i didn't know i would love. I left the store purchasing a dress i would have never thought of but i NEVER WANTED TO TAKE OFF! Thank you so much Cherry Blossom Bridal for taking my awful wedding dress experience and making it amazing! Can't wait to visit again in July

Reviewed on 12/20/2016 Amanda F

I made the mistake in coming here for dress search--and because of the experience, it tainted everywhere else I went!! The shop is very small (it's a row house in DC)--so you can only bring so many people in there with you. I brought my mom and her twin sister, and we were all... Read More made to feel very comfortable. I had Octavia as my consultant--and boy did she not disappoint. She listened to me on what I wanted (and sticks within your budget!!!)--I didn't want a strapless dress, and I didn't want it to be white (I'm a pale gal, I didn't need to look translucent on the wedding day lol!). The second dress she put on me was the one. Of course, because it was the second dress I ever put on--I still searched that weekend to "beat that dress"--but alas, it was the one!!! And this is why I tell people to listen to your consultant: it was not a dress that I picked out but she knew exactly what I wanted and what looked good on me. I didn't think I was a ballgown type... but it was just stunning. The fittings went great, and because I had to fly with my ginormous ballgown dress they helped me plan for that. I was getting compliments all day long on the day (and I'm still getting compliments) on how beautiful my dress was. If it wasn't for Cherry Blossom Bridal, I wouldn't have had an affordable one-of-a-kind dress that made me feel like a princess (even when I'm not the type that thought she wanted to feel like one!!).

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 RaeLynne S

Words cannot properly express how grateful I am to the ladies at this shop. I was nervous. India listened to everything I said - even though I wasn't even sure I was making sense - and she managed to come down with several dresses that captured what I was trying to say! The shop... Read More is in a row house. It's intimate and pretty. Everybody is friendly. I felt like India wasn't only on my side - she was a cheerleader for me. The hardest part ended up being that I like two of the dresses a lot! Me! The one who was so nervous! Had a hard time because I liked more than one dress! India called her boss back because I ended up in tears because I was so appreciative of the experience they gave me. I'm forever grateful. Thank you ladies!

Reviewed on 9/30/2016 Kate P

I had tried on over 60 dresses before coming here and I wish I had come here first! Octavia helped me and she was amazing! I bought the sample and saved some money! I could not recommend enough!!

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Charlene C

Keba and the entire staff at Cherry Blossom Bridal made sure that I had the dress of my dreams. At my first appointment, they listened to all my ideas and gave me several options to try on. We quickly found THE ONE and here's where they really worked their magic. We customized... Read More the dress with a lace neckline and satin belt. It totally transformed the look and you couldn't tell at all where the designer's work stopped and the seamstress' began. I went a few more times for alterations and they were even more perfectionist about the details than I was! :) I got so many compliments on the dress and felt like a million bucks (though I spent way less - they specialize in plus sizes, and offer a discount for orders under plus size!). The best part was when we were taking photos and a little girl suddenly yelled out, "Daddy, look! A princess!!" Thank you, Cherry Blossom Bridal!

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Claire M

I have tried on a few gowns at some big box stores, a few boutiques (after calling many to see if they carry plus size sample gowns), and then cherry blossom was chirped in my ear. I am so excited to say that after trying on countless gowns I finally got THE feeling in the ONE!... Read More I love that cherry blossom bridal only caters to curvy women, it's hard enough finding clothes that fit well, let alone a wedding dress. I loved the boutique look and feel. Thank you, I appreciate you ladies!

Reviewed on 6/19/2016 Neva K

Amazing. After getting a glowing recommendation from a friend to Cherry Blossom, I decided I had to give them a try. Right off the bat, they were incredibly friendly and accommodating. As someone who isn't quite plus size but is still pretty curvy, they made me feel like a... Read More princess the whole time and had a really nice variety of dresses for me to try on. Octavia made the whole experience really fun and my friends and I loved her. She really took the time to listen to what I was saying and was able to find a ton of dresses around the store that accomplished the style I had envisioned. Also, their dresses are top notch and I couldn't recommend them enough-- regardless of your dress size!

Reviewed on 6/12/2016 audrey h

This place is a hidden gem!! My consultant India listen to my wants, what I didn't want, my theme of Harlem Renaissance and then she was off pulling dresses! When she returned, I stepped in the very first dress And, it was love at first sight! I've been to other salons and it... Read More doesn't compare. Plus I received a 10% police/military discount!! Nothing but good reviews from me!! 2 thumbs up!!

Reviewed on 5/08/2016 Melissa G

Cherry Blossom Bridal was the third shop I visited in my quest for a dress, and by far the best. I felt instantly welcomed, and upon showing just one dress, she chose about 7 for me, all of which were perfect. I'm still trying to choose which dress to say yes to, but the... Read More slection is fantastic, and the staff is beyond phenomenal.