Cherry Blossom Bridal, Specializing in Sizes 8 - 28

Washington, DC

Specializing in Sizes 8 - 28

Cherry Blossom Bridal is Washington, DC’s only salon specializing in size 8 - 28 brides. We are conveniently located in Capitol Hill. Please schedule an appointment today. Visit our website for trunk show and other event announcements (!

Flower Girl Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Bridal Stylists, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Plus Size Available, Private Appointments Available, Fashion Services, Fashion

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100

1208 Pennsylvania Ave SE , Washington, DC (202) 544-2400

Reviewed on 1/02/2014 ReNashia B

1st I would like to say THANK YOU, thank you, thank you. I was so nervous when I thought about finding my dress. I have been watching Say Yes To The Dress for many many years and I wanted that "tingling" feeling. My appointment was on a saturday and when I got there they were... Read More waiting on me with a smile on their face. Nobody else was in the shop but me and my guest and that was a nice feeling. India was my consultant and I can't not give her enough praise. She had the 1 dress that I just knew I was going to purchase ready for me but also had 4 other dresses. I wanted to try on the 1 that I knew I was already going to purchase last so I could have that feeling of saying yes I tried on more then 1 dress. India put me in a lace dress (because i told her NO i was not wearing a lace dress), that dress was really pretty on me and I was shocked. But it wasn't the dress. Then I tried on another dress that was similar in style the dress I wanted and my guest gave it a 10, i was not feeling it though. Then I put on 2 other dresses that was also similar in style to the dress I wanted but they weren't it either. THEN I had the 2nd to last dress. Before I got 1 leg in it I said, "India, this 1 is close, its giving me a little feeling," she laughed. Then I got it on and she pulled it tight in the back and I shook my head and said INDIA this is giving me the feeling, she laughed again. Once it was on i said this is it, but what about a belt, she said i have something better then a belt, how about an embellishment. I said ok lets see, she put that bling on the front of my dress and I could have jumped for joy. I walked out to show my guest with a huge smile. They all said oh my, my mother immediately cried and got up. When I turned around and looked in the mirror I KNEW this was it. But India was not done. She "jacked me up" and the veil OH MY GOSH the veil. They had me walk in like i was walking down the aisle, my mother was crying and I had that "TINGLING" feeling. I said YES TO THE DRESS. The whole time I was there India was amazing, very nice, very knowledgable, friendly and made my experience so memorable. Thank you India and the staff you've made my experience one of the best. P.S I never tried on the dress that I "knew" I was coming there to purchase. lol

Made the experience enjoyable!

Reviewed on 1/13/2014 Kromeklia B

I am a plus size bride and I had a least one experience where a shop said they had plenty of gowns for me to try on and that wasn't the case. So glad I went to Keba's shop. I started looking for gowns here, and ended up buying my gown there after a second visit. I love her... Read More store, it's comfortable and she gives you her personal attention. Every dress I wanted to try on was available and it was big enough for me. I am a street 18. I emailed pics before my appt. of dresses I liked so she would have an idea. At my appt she showed me dresses on a tablet I might liked and had pulled dresses as well. Shop here!

Best Informal wedding dress

Reviewed on 7/27/2013 Catherine W

Excellent service and wonderful alterations.

Reviewed on 3/09/2018 Erica S

Cherry Blossom Bridal did a phenomenal job helping me find the perfect dress. India was very helpful and patient in helping me look for a dress. I recommend this shop to any ladies with small waists, and curves. Especially if you have a size 8 waist, and a size 14 hips.

Reviewed on 3/09/2018 LaKesha J

This is the place to shop for your wedding gown! I had the most wonderful experience at Cherry Blossom Bridal with Keba asking vital questions to help me select the perfect gown to Noelle being so patient and professional with me wanting to try on the gown I chose for a second... Read More look. Yes, this was my first time shopping for my gown and I found it here. I even had a similar dress in my phone that I really wanted but got one that was even better.

Reviewed on 3/02/2018 Morgan B

I found The One here!! It was the second place I stopped at. The first was...okay? I found one I liked there, but all the sample sizes were like a 10, which is a street size 6 or 8, and I'm a street size 18. It was hard imagining what I'd look like in the final version of a... Read More dress when my arms didn't fit into the sleeves and I couldn't pull them all the way up. Octavia at Cherry Blossom asked me what I was looking for in a dress, and I gave her the general strokes and showed her some of my Pinterest pics. She pulled I think five dresses. I put on the third one and thought, oh wow, this is good, but mentioned I couldn't really picture what it would look like with the cap sleeves and a nicer belt. Well, she went and found some, put them in place, pinned on a veil and gave me a bouquet, and it was all over! I was very impressed both by the selection and how wonderful the customer service was. I never felt awkward or pressured or bad about my body--and for me to not feel bad about my body when trying on dresses is QUITE a feat! My dress just came in today and I'm very much looking forwards to picking it up!

Reviewed on 2/06/2018 Laura R

Awesome service and awesome experience! The staff actually listened to my ideas on what I wanted to try on which wasn’t the case at other places I had previously visited. My regular size is a 12-14, since bridal sizes tend to run smaller I had a difficult time trying on dresses... Read More at other salons and felt pushed to try on dresses in different styles just because they would fit me. While I didn’t purchase my dress the first trip, the different dresses they pulled helped me decide on the style and fit of dress I do want. I highly recommend Cherry Blossom Bridal because it will be a positive dress shopping experience!

Reviewed on 2/06/2018 Molly G

I had a wonderful experience at Cherry Blossom Bridal today! It was my first (&last) place to try on wedding gowns. I really didn’t know what to expect going into it, but from the moment we stepped in, Keba made us feel welcomed. She picked out styles I had in mind and some I... Read More hadn’t even thought about. India helped me try on all the dresses and she definitely made the experience so great. She was very personable & made me feel so comfortable. I appreciated all she did for me! I ended up buying THE dress because I just knew it was the one thanks to their wonderful help. Thank you for your superior customer service & making it a truly great experience!!

Reviewed on 2/04/2018 Tiffany J

Cherry Blossom Boutique was a great experience. From the time I entered the door everyone was so friendly and helpful. They had plenty of beautiful dresses to choose from. I would recommend this boutique to anyone looking to receive professional services in finding a dress for... Read More their special day.

Reviewed on 2/04/2018 Tiffany J

Reviewed on 2/03/2018 Rachel P

After a bunch of disappointing visits to straight-size bridal shops, I found my dress almost immediately at Cherry Blossom. It was everything I was looking for and at a great price. The women who work there are so fun and kind and helpful, and Sondra the seamstress helped add... Read More sleeves to my dress and make it perfect. She was so funny and we had a great time working together on my dress. Can't recommend this place enough.

Reviewed on 2/03/2018 Catherine B

I was extremely nervous about dress shopping because of how overwhelming it all seemed. But here it was such a wonderful experience. Every thing about this place is a YES! Keba sat with us and within 5-10 minutes knew exactly what dresses to pull. The 3rd one I tried on, she had... Read More just got in and wanted to see it on someone. Keba was so helpful with pairing a veil and belt, as well as explaining sizing and the process. If you are super stressed about wedding dress shopping, GO HERE! Just a stress free wonderful experience.

Reviewed on 1/31/2018 Lindsay-Ann O

I had an amazing experience at this shop. I felt comfortable the moment I walked in. India was an AMAZING consultant; she KNEW what would look good on me and got my style right away. She made me feel beautiful in every dress. I highly, highly recommend !

Reviewed on 1/31/2018 Mary C

This was by far my best dress shopping experience. Everyone was so warm and accommodating, genuinely friendly and made me feel so comfortable- especially India!

Reviewed on 1/17/2018 Kristin B

I'm 56 years old and I'm marrying for the second time after being on my own for 16 years. I eloped the first time around so I never had a wedding or a wedding dress. I came to Cherry Blossom first because I've been dreaming my entire life of being able to wear a beautiful gown... Read More on the best day of my life; and I wanted to work with a salon that specializes in fuller figured women. Everyone at Cherry Blossom was wonderful and my consultant Octavia was awesome. She really listened to me, asked about my venue and then brought gowns that she knew would be good for my body type and the romantic yet casual wedding we have planned. I can honestly say I had that 'bridal moment' when the gown I chose brought tears to my eyes. I didn't know I could look so beautiful. When I went back to make my deposit and get measured, both India and the owner worked to make sure the measurements were accurate. They really put my mind at ease. I got a beautiful, sparkly, one-of-a-kind gown for a minimal price and expert service. I'm so happy I found Cherry Blossom through The At this stage in my life, every little detail has taken on a different level of importance and Cherry Blossom Bridal really made this a special moment for me! Thanks!!!!!

Reviewed on 12/13/2017 Kanisha B

I had a wonderful experience at Cherry Blossom Bridal and highly recommend it! The shop itself is warm and inviting, and India was an amaaaaazing help and support every step of the way. I ended up with a gown that looked *nothing* like what I expected to buy, but India was great... Read More both at following my general vision of how I wanted to feel and helping me identify options I probably (definitely) wouldn't have considered on my own. And on somewhat last notice, Keba, India, and Faizah (seamstress) helped me design a beautiful modesty panel customization that made me feel so comfortable and turned out fantastically. CBB clearly cares for their clients and it is awesome. Very wide selection in so many sizes, everyone should check them out whatever your shape, budget, or vision.

Reviewed on 11/28/2017 Annie H

Very nice, inmate boutique. The staff was incredibly warm and welcoming, and the dresses are gorgeous. I wasn't quite yet ready to pull the trigger, and they were so nice to me, and not at all pushy. It was an all around fabulous experience. I've been to a number of stores, and... Read More this was by far my best experience.

Reviewed on 11/21/2017 Olabisi D

I wholeheartedly loved my experience searching and finding my bridal gown at Cherry Blossom Bridal. As a plus size bride, I was worried that I would not fit anything, that the experience would be emotionally draining and that I would not feel comfortable. The whole preparation... Read More for shopping gave me anxiety. I went to Cherry Blossom Bridal with my 3 sisters who were full of energy and more excited about the process than I was. India was incredibly patient, thoughtful, listened to what I wanted and tried her best to get to know me within the first few minutes that we interacted. I was surprised when she came with so many dresses and never once did she ask me "what size I wear?" She helped me get fitted into each gown I tried on, we briefly discussed how I felt about the dress before I went out and showed my sisters and she remained attuned to how I was feeling. I walked out of Cherry Blossom Bridal overwhelmed because I fell in love with 2 dresses. When I asked to schedule another appointment to come alone, they were more than receptive. I returned back to the store and with India's assistance I tried on the two dresses that I was in love with and ultimately chose the one that I loved the best! I would recommend Cherry Blossom Bridal to all future brides if you're searching for a bridal boutique that makes you feel like you're important, that you matter and that you are beautiful and deserve to look and feel it on your special day. Thank you India :-)

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Brianna M

Being a curvy bride (size 18 in regular clothing), I knew I would likely have a disappointing experience shopping at any of the straight-size bridal salons in the DMV area. A friend recommended Cherry Blossoms to me, and I can tell you that my appointment by far exceeded my... Read More expectations. I was met with kindness, patience, and excitement by Octavia, who assisted me throughout the whole experience. A few of my bridesmaids (all very boisterous personalities) attended my appointment with me, and Octavia blended right in with our group. Octavia did an excellent job picking out styles for me to try on and made me feel like a queen. I ended up finding the perfect dress within my budget! I recommend Cherry Blossoms to any and all curvy brides in the DMV area.

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Jackie T

Cherry Blossom was the most amazing bridal salon I visited and I tried more than 10 looking for a wedding dress. I walked out with a different dress than I had ever envisioned for myself and was so pleased with the outcome. They were wonderful the entire process and so fast with... Read More alterations. If you are not a size 6 then go here first, you won't be sorry and they have everything you need for a curvy frame.

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Jane R

As a woman who regularly wears clothing sized 14-18, wedding dress shopping was my worst nightmare. Before coming to Cherry Blossom Bridal, I had gone to other bridal salons where I could kind of fit in sample dresses but I had to "imagine" what it would look like in my size.... Read More It was so amazing to come to a salon where dresses were actually in my size! Everyone was so welcoming and easy to work with! The shop is comfortable but elegant. I also used Cherry Blossom Bridal for my alterations. On the day of my wedding, my dress was perfect and I have never felt more beautiful. Thank you for turning my worst nightmare into my absolute dream!

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Barbara P

I had the best experience at Cherry Blossom Bridal boutique. Every bride knows how important finding the perfect wedding dress is, and Cherry Blossom Bridal more than delivered. This bridal boutique has a vast selection of offerings, and Keba and India were fantastic in their... Read More hospitality and knowledge about styles, budget, and fit. My wedding dress fit like a dream, and I felt like the most beautiful bride ever. If you are seeking a bridal boutique with beautiful gowns, exceptional service, and is a pleasure to work with, this is the place for you. Thank you, Cherry Blossom Bridal, for helping to make my wedding day truly special and memorable!

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Christie A

I had an EXCELLENT experience at Cherry Blossom. I was very nervous about this appointment; Cherry Blossom's collection is normally above my budget, but they were having a sample sale and I thought I might get lucky. I was worried that they might treat me differently knowing my... Read More budget was lower than is typical there, but I could not have been more wrong! My stylist, India, found a GREAT selection of dresses within my price range. Every dress I tried on looked amazing; she really hit it out of the park! I ended up finding an absolutely gorgeous dress at a real bargain! Do not hesitate visiting Cherry Blossom!

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Cierra R

I said yes to the dress at Cherry Blossom Bridal. As soon as I walked into the establishment I was greeted with a warm smile and assisted promptly. I was able to receive personal treatment with someone who was knowledgeable about her profession. Bonus Points: my stylist never... Read More asked my dress size she was able to pull the perfect dress for me that fit perfectly (it was the 1st one I tried on!!).

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Terri B

Love this boutique! First time trying on dresses and fell in love with every dress the consultant picked! She was great and I would recommend them to anyone!