Cherry Creek Golf Club & Banquet Center

Shelby Twp, MI

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Intimate, Classic Service...With an Unrivaled View

Cherry Creek Golf Club and Banquet Facility, built in 1995, has a reputation for its ambience and gourmet cuisine prepared all in house. The panoramic landscaped scenery, viewed from the clubhouse with seating for up to 500, is the ultimate site for your ceremony or reception.

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Waterfront, Country Club, Restaurant

52000 Cherry Creek Drive, Shelby Twp, MI

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 Alexa B

Cherry Creek is an incredibly classy and beautiful venue with high service standards and gorgeous scenery. It is in a secluded area giving it a very private feel and elegance. The conservatory is beautiful with its high ceilings and the way it is lit up as it gets dark is a very... Read More unique feature! There are a ton of great places for photos everywhere you turn on the grounds as well without having to go far. The staff was fantastic and catered to our wedding requests and really worked with us to create the perfect day! Communication over the planning period was very easy and I always received quick and effective replies. The food was amazing as well from cocktail hour to dinner to dessert and afterglow! We had a very positive experience and could not have asked for anything better on our wedding day! We would definitely recommend this place!

Reviewed on 10/09/2015

I can't say enough about this venue. From the management to the planners, to the servers and the bartenders, we had amazing service and can't say one bad thing about our experience at Cherry Creek! I would recommend this venue to anyone looking for an elegant, beautiful and... Read More classy place to have a wedding. I have gotten numerous compliments on cherry creek from guests at our wedding. Janelle was amazing and helped us with whatever we needed in a timely fashion. They were flexible and accommodating in any way they could be. The guys had a golf outing the day before the wedding and there were about 20-25 of them and I haven't heard a negative thing about that either. We thank Cherry Creek for making our wedding day amazing. If we had to do it again we wouldn't hesitate to choose this place all over again.

Amazing

Reviewed on 9/24/2015

Christine and Janelle are amazing to work with. They take care of all the details and make sure your wedding runs smoothly. I had a almost stress free wedding with the help of Janelle. The venue is absolutely beautiful, and a number of placed to take photos so you do not have... Read More to go elsewhere if you do not want to. The food is probably the best food you will get at a wedding. We had the duet plate chicken and filet and you must get the alfredo (its the best). I would absolutely recommend this venue!!

Reviewed on 7/24/2016 Rachel C

How can you describe a group of complete strangers who work tirelessly to make your dream a come true? I feel nothing but thankfulness to all the staff at Cherry Creek, complete speechless for the care and consideration that went into making sure not only where the things I... Read More deemed important tended to, but that everything and everyone was taken care of. From the first site visit when Janelle captured my heart with her silliness and joy, to a million emails in-between, to our ceremony and then reception ending at 1am in the morning, Cherry Creek made my husband and my wedding day a dream come true! Most importantly, my family had nothing but kind things to say, including "the food was unmatchable. Best wedding food I've ever had." and "Most fun, enjoyable wedding I've ever been to." Family happy, bride and groom happy; I think that rewards an A+ to Cherry Creek. I would recommend Janelle and golf club to anyone. Thank you all!!!

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Shannon R

Janelle helped us every step of the way and we had amazing support the day of the wedding. The staff was so nice and so helpful - you can tell they care about their customers and making their special day all that it should be.

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Jillian A

I cannot even begin to explain how happy we were with Cherry Creek! Janelle worked with us through all of the planning, fulfilling every one of our requests and managing every detail, making everything so easy for us. Also, Janelle, Alessandra, and the rest of the staff there... Read More made everything painless and seamless on our big day. The venue is beautiful, the food is incredible, and the staff are so polite and helpful. Our family and friends have been raving about our wedding, and most importantly, it truly was a fairy tale day for my husband and I thanks to Cherry Creek. Thank you guys so much! If I could give more than 5 stars, I definitely would!

2016-06-21T11:14:14 Response from the vendor

Jillian, Thank you for this amazing review! We're so happy that your day was everything you imagined it to be and more. We wish you and Zach all the best!

Reviewed on 6/13/2016

As a first time Mother of the Bride, I can't say enough great things about Cherry Creek. From the initial contact with the sales representative, to the meetings with our wedding coordinator, planning was efficient and smooth. The facilities were absolutely spectacular, from the... Read More beautiful grounds, the reception facility, and the bridal preparation room. However, the food was what my guests praised: well prepared, well served, and delicious. I simply cannot heap enough praise on the staff and service at Cherry Creek. My daughter had the wedding of her dreams come true.

Reviewed on 6/04/2016 Katie H

We had both our reception and ceremony at Cherry Creek, and we had a great experience. Janelle the wedding coordinator made everything so easy the day of. We dropped off all of our decor the day of the rehearsal and she took care of the set up on the wedding day. We used the... Read More bridal suite to get ready that morning right on site. The food was great and they were very accommodating with special dietary needs for myself and the wedding guests. We had an overall great experience with Cherry Creek and highly recommend them!

2016-06-21T11:19:59 Response from the vendor

Katie, Thank you so much for your kind words! We are so thrilled that you and your guests had such an amazing time, and that everything the day of was stress-free. We hope you and Kevin are enjoying married life thus far :)

Reviewed on 5/18/2016 Shauna S

My husband and I got married at Cherry Creek Golf Club on 12/19/15 and it was everything we hoped it would be! We worked with Janelle from start to finish and she was unbelievably helpful. She made sure that everything ran smoothly and was open to all of our ideas and how we... Read More could make them come to life. She was especially comforting in the last few days before the wedding, taking over all of the last minute details- which can be one of the most stressful parts of the whole wedding planning process. My husband and I are very “type A” people and giving up control can be anxiety inducing! However, after leaving our rehearsal at the venue we both felt much more at ease knowing we could trust her to take care of the remaining tasks. Cherry Creek is typically advertised with summer and out door wedding photos however it is just as beautiful indoors during the winter months! It is very elegantly decorated with lighted wreaths, trees, and garland, which we chose to leave in place- and it looked so great with our gold-themed wedding decor (there are a few pictures posted of our wedding on the Cherry Creek Facebook page). We chose to do our ceremony in the Conservatory room and our reception in the Lakeview room. Our cocktail hour followed the ceremony and was in the Ryder Cup room. Our guests loved that everything took place at the same venue. We got a great deal by choosing to have a winter wedding and had the entire venue to ourselves. All of the food and drinks were so good and our pictures turned out perfect on the golf course. We have no regrets about choosing this venue during the month of December and would have it there all over again if we could! -Shauna & Matt Wilusz

2016-06-21T11:25:07 Response from the vendor

Shauna & Matt, Thank you for this great review! Everything about your day was just beautiful...the linens, the flowers, everyone's attire in the bridal party.. we couldn't get enough! We are so happy that you two had the fairy tale wedding that you had dreamed... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/01/2016

Cherry Creek was an absolutely fabulous venue. More important than the food, the views, and the beauty of the venue was the professionalism of the staff. The staff makes or breaks an entire event, and this staff was unbeatable. From the moment we expressed interest in their... Read More venue until the very end, we felt as if we were their only client. No question goes unanswered, and every question is of utmost importance. We cannot recommend the staff and facilities and Cherry Creek more - you will certainly not be let down.

Reviewed on 3/23/2016 Geri H

Cherry Creek was our dream venue! We were able to book the Lakeview room as well as the Terrace & Conservatory( which also served as our ceremony location) and the Grille for cocktail hour. Janelle was beyond amazing! She took every little idea, concern, and request and made my... Read More dream wedding a reality! The staff was amazing from beginning to end. They went above and beyond converting our ceremony space back to a reception area as well as directing guests to cocktail hour and making sure everything went off without a hitch! We were able to use the bride and groom suite to prepare for the event and take advantage of the beautiful venue for our first look early in the day even though our event took place hours later. The ambiance and food were beyond compare! Our biggest goal planning our wedding was to not have "hall food" Cherry Creek's chefs are incredible with delicious food and even a great vegetarian/gluten/nut free option! Many guests still rave about what an amazing experience the wedding was months later! I look back at my wedding and couldn't imagine anything more perfect!

2016-06-21T11:59:58 Response from the vendor

Geri, Thank you so much for your great feedback! We are so pleased that you and John had such a wonderful experience on your special day. It was a pleasure to work with both of you, and we look forward to seeing you, John and... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/17/2015 E L

My husband and I got married at Cherry Creek in May 2015 and it was lovely. The venue was beautiful--both indoors and out--the staff was helpful every step of the way, and everyone raved about the food, even after the wedding! I would highly recommend this venue.

Reviewed on 11/11/2015 Lisa S

The wedding day was a blur with activity everywhere. The staff and waiters were absolutely AMAZING. There was never a moment that they weren't on top of things and anytime I had a question they were there to help. Leading up to the day there were even more questions and I... Read More never felt like I was being pushed, neglected or ignored. They were FANTASTIC. The food was top notch, the desserts were completely delicious, and my guests had nothing but fabulous things to say about the wedding and reception. You couldn't do better than to pick them for your venue.

Reviewed on 11/03/2015

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Cherry Creek! From our first meeting, to the tasting, to our actual wedding day and everything in between, the staff was extremely helpful and a pleasure to work with. Every detail was perfect and they helped make the planning process... Read More that much less stressful. Our guests are STILL raving about the food! They have even come up to us at several weddings after ours to tell us how wonderful everything was. I am beyond pleased with our decision to host our special day at this beautiful venue! I would absolutely recommend Cherry Creek to brides looking for a classy, beautiful venue with amazing service and delicious food.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Jessica R

Our wedding reception was held at Cheery Creek this past August and everything was beyond our expectations. The grounds of Cheery Creek are absolutely gorgeous. We have so many beautiful pictures from the rose gardens, the greenery, and the lake. Walking into the reception... Read More and looking around I felt like I was in a fairytale, it was everything I had imagined and more. The dome shaped conservatory gives such an elegant feeling and the bay windows were the perfect backdrop. The food was amazing, we had so many wonderful compliments about the wide assortments of food. The S'more bar outside was a big hit with the guests and a perfect late night snack paired with pizza. There were so many food choices to choose from and Janelle was very accommodating as we went through the planning process. We had a split menu and 2 entrees on each and everybody's food came out perfect. Janelle made the planning so easy and was very timely and was always available when I had a question. She communicated with all of my vendors and set everything up so that it went flawless. The service the night of the wedding was wonderful and the staff was very attentive. They are even quick on their feet, we had a cake mishap and I along with my maid of honor caught the cake as it was toppling over. As we held the cake up the staff quickly brought a serving platter over to slide it onto, so instead of hitting the floor, due to their efficiency we were able to enjoy the cake. The staff made us feel like they were all there for us and the most important thing was making sure our day was perfect and our guests were happy. It was by far the best day of my life and I can't thank everyone at Cheery Creek enough for making our dream wedding come true. I would recommend Cheery Creek to anyone that is looking for an absolutely beautiful venue, wonderful staff, and delicious food!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

Absolutely loved everything about my wedding day! The venue was so beautiful and everything was set exactly the way I wanted it for the reception. The personnel was 100% on point and exceeded my expectations of "good service." Janelle was our wedding coordinator. She was... Read More absolutely amazing! She was attentive to my needs and worked with me every step of the way. The venue is breath taking. The scenery for the ceremony was absolutely flawless and the building itself is beautiful! I would suggest this venue to anyone. All our guest feedback was incredible; from the food, service and venue sights, they loved it! The whole package is worth every penny we spent. People are suppose to get married once; that's exactly why I chose this venue. I never wanted to regret my special day! -The Ladas

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Angela M

Cherry Creek Golf Course and Banquet Center Ever since I was a little girl I dreamed about my wedding day, from the flowers to the church, to one of the most important decisions, the venue for the reception, where all my guests would share in celebrating our marriage. After... Read More my college sweetheart proposed to me, I was on a mission to find a place where our guests would experience the beauty of Michigan, since many of our guests were traveling from California where my husband was born and raised. When I first visited Cherry Creek, we knew this was the place where we could create our rustic country themed reception. With its newly renovated rooms, beautiful chandeliers and window-covered walls, it would be the perfect place to make our dreams come true. From the moment I walked into the venue, I knew I had made the best decision choosing Cherry Creek. The elegant cocktail hour on the beautiful patio overlooking the well-manicured grounds of the golf course was a great way to begin the evening. There were so many places to take great photographs it was difficult to choose just a few locations. We even had one of the staff members offer to escort us around the golf course by golf cart to take photos in several of their romantic and unique spots on the course. The place felt magical. Many of our guests asked us how we found this beautiful place and they continue to mention our wedding to this day. Our guests complimented on how delicious the food was and how wonderful the staff was to all of our guests, going beyond our expectations. Cherry Creek provided us with outstanding attention to detail and were supportive of our vision to help create the feel we were looking for. The chef was very accommodating in helping us to provide a variety of choices for our guests. The food was hot, served on time, and tasted delicious. The service was outstanding and the ambiance was very elegant. We were blown away by the overall experience. Janelle and the rest of the staff were very helpful and provided great advice and assistance. I would recommend Cherry Creek to anyone who is planning one of the most important days of their life. You won’t be disappointed. Thank you Cherry Creek for making our dreams come true!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Bernadette R

I absolutely love Cherry Creek! The staff are amazing and go out of their way to make your day very special. I had my bridal shower, wedding and baby shower at Cherry Creek. I was treated so nice by everyone who worked there. All my events ran smooth and the food was amazing. I... Read More do not write many reviews about places but Cherry Creek was outstanding and I had to write a review. I would highly recommend Cherry Creek to anyone who wants a beautiful place with excellent service to host any kind of event.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Jane B

Cherry Creek exceeded all of our wedding expectations! From the tasting all the way to clean up at the end of our wedding night, everything was absolutely perfect. The staff was wonderful to work with and brought all of our wedding ideas to life. When arriving at our reception,... Read More we were blown away with how beautiful our ballroom was and our guests could not stop raving about the food! I would most definitely recommend Cherry Creek as the top wedding venue!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Crissy R

Extraordinary! It's too bad there is not a higher rating than five stars! From the moment my hubby and I walked into Cherry Creek, we knew this would be the place where we would say our "I do's". Janelle and her fantastic staff made us feel at home during our first planning... Read More meeting. The Cherry Creek team listened to our thoughts, incorporated their ideas for planning, and made planning for our wedding seemingly effortless. When we had our tasting to sample our wedding menu, the food was superb. Everything we sampled tasted impeccable, and it was during the sampling that we knew we had made the right decision to have Cherry Creek host our wedding. We decided to choose the platinum package which gave our guests a variety of food and beverage options and late-night snacks. Our wedding day turned out to be everything we wanted and more. We decided to have both our ceremony and reception here. We had the most beautiful view of the golf course and lake as we exchanged our vows. My husband and I were married on the warmest day of the summer; without prompting from us, the thoughtful staff provided our guests with bottled water to stay hydrated during our ceremony. We also chose not to see each other before the wedding, and Janelle did a great job of ensuring that my husband and I would only see each other as I was walking down the aisle. The bridal room that was offered to me before the ceremony was elegantly decorated and provided snacks for my wedding party. Our ceremony space provided a memorable experince for all of our guests. While my husband and I took photos, guests were able to enjoy their cocktails and appetizers on the gorgeous patio/lawn area. Our guests raved about the uniqueness of the outdoor space and the ambiance that was created while our trio of jazz musicians played a variety of songs for guests to groove. One of my biggest fears as a bride was that something would go wrong on our wedding day. If something went wrong, it was not apparent to me; Janelle and her staff took care of everything so that me,my husband, and our family did not have to worry about the minor details. Our ceremony space was everything we could have dreamed of and more! Janelle's suggestions about items that would compliment each other were exactly what I had envisioned for the biggest day of my life. Our guests have stated that our food selection left them begging for more. At the end of the night, our guests were given complimentary coffee, water, and mints to take home with them. Again, the staff had already anticipated what our guests would need by the end of the evening. When planning for the biggest event of your life, look no further than the stunning views and excellent service you will find at Cherry Creek. Janelle and the staff at Cherry Creek will listen to you, and provide you with ideas when you are in the difficult stages of planning. When reflecting on my wedding, I cannot think of a single thing I would change. I definitely commend the staff here for doing incredible work for each event they host. My wedding photos turned out remarkable thanks to the exquisite backdrop Cherry Creek offers! If you're looking for an exceptional venue with first-rate service, than look no further than the breathtaking sights Cherry Creek has to offer. We cannot thank the staff enough for helping us plan our wedding, and ensuring that our wedding was unforgettable. With gratitude, Cristina and Stuart P

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Amanda B

We couldn't be any happier with our decision to celebrate our marriage at Cherry Creek Golf Course this past July. From our initial drive through the beautifully landscaped driveway leading to the club house and the enthusiastic, helpful staff we met that day, we were sold from... Read More our very first visit. We were planning a wedding from two states away and somehow the staff, specifically Janelle, made the process so easy and stress free. She was extremely accommodating to our schedule and we often felt like we had our own personal wedding planner. The day of the wedding, we were introduced to our event coordinator for the evening who reminded us to enjoy ourselves and to let her know if there was anything we needed that evening. What we were especially impressed by was the perfectly executed dinner service. The filet was perfectly cooked and the accompaniments were prepared with the same attention and care. The servers and staff were professional and very attentive to all of our guests leaving a great lasting impression with us and all in attendance. The venue itself was perfectly set up with everything placed exactly how we had envisioned. It was a beautiful day and the windows in the conservatory allowed the sun to shine through giving the room a special, whimsical touch. The impeccably manicured green golf course served as an amazingly beautiful backdrop for our pictures that day, and we could not have asked for a more wonderful place for our photos. We would highly recommend this venue! We could not imagine having had our wedding anywhere else. Cherry Creek has perfected the art of wedding celebrations.

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Kimberly P

I have only great things to say about this venue! My husband and I got married on 7/25/15 and we couldn't have picked a better location. We got married in the Lakeview room and it was beautiful. Our cocktail hour was on the patio and greens.The golf course makes a beautiful... Read More backdrop to your wedding. Not only is it beautiful, but the service and staff from the planning stages down to the reception were great and knowledgeable. They were very accommodating and our wedding day went so smoothly! I would totally have my wedding here all over again! Thank you, Cherry Creek!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Ambur H

If you are a bride looking to please your guests this is this the venue for you. I have absolutely no regrets from my wedding day and it's all thanks to the staff at Cherry Creek. Planning a wedding can be very stressful but with their patient staff and eager to please leader... Read More Janelle it made a stressful time easy and memorable. Beyond the wonderful staff the grounds of the golf course are absolutely beautiful with unending locations for dramatic and whimsical pictures. My wedding took place in June and I am still receiving compliments on how wonderful the food and service was. The conservatory is absolutely beautiful the timeless picture windows overlooking the lush green landscape. The patio made for a lovely cocktail hour and later on in the night gave a romantic and intimate feel with the close trees and twinkle lights. For a girl that spent her whole life dreaming of a fairytale wedding I was elated to see that dream come to life at Cherry Creek Golf Club.

Reviewed on 10/20/2015

We had our daughter's bridal shower, wedding, and baby shower here. The staff was amazing. Janelle not only helped make our ideas work but also suggested things we would of never thought of. The food is amazing, the best place to have any kind of party. The entire staff makes... Read More you feel like your family.

Reviewed on 10/13/2015

Cherry Creek was absolutely fabulous!! Janelle and the rest of the staff made us feel like we were the only wedding that she was overseeing. All of our questions and concerns were answered in a timely manner and the staff were so friendly! We rented the bridal suite for me... Read More and my girls to get ready in the morning of my wedding. I was the best idea ever! We didn't have to worry about traveling with all of our bags, we just left everything there for the day and the room was locked. The food was phenomenal! We went in for our tasting and we wanted to have a little bit of everything. The only thing I kept hearing from my guests all night was how amazing everything was...from the food, to the setting, to the atmosphere. Our wedding was a day that we will never forget. Thank you so much Cherry Creek! I wish I could do it all over again! Mr. and Mrs. Dahlberg :)