Cherry Creek Golf Club & Banquet Center

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Couples seeking an all-inclusive venue to host both their ceremony and reception should consider the stunning Cherry Creek Golf Club and Banquet Center in Shelby Township, Michigan. Nestled among verdant fairways, the landscaped grounds feature a sparkling lake, charming stone patios and an elegant colonial-style banquet hall with a variety of reception space selections. The following spaces are available for a variety of wedding events:

Grounds. The lovely property of Cherry Creek Golf Club and Banquet Center offers several flexible spaces for outdoor ceremonies and celebrations. Couples choose to exchange vows in front of the sprawling lake and lovely fountains, amidst canopies of flowers in their garden area or on their stunning stone terrace.

Patio and Conservatory. A breathtaking space with historically inspired architectural, this towering room is ideal for guests to mingle and enjoy cocktails and appetizers. When combined with the outdoor patio, up to 210 guests are seated and served. This space may also be combined with the Lakeview Ballroom.

Lakeview Ballroom. Overlooking the lake and fairways, the Lakeview Ballroom is the ideal space for both large and intimate events. When broken into two rooms, each side of the Ballroom accommodates 160 seated guests and up to 450 guests in a cocktail reception when the rooms are combined. This space was recently fully renovated and includes two large built-in bars and stunning white wainscoting throughout the space. The expansive windows allow ample natural light to flood the room and classic chandeliers fill the ballroom as the event transitions to evening. The space also opens up onto a lovely outdoor patio.

The Gallery. Guests are welcomed by a room filled with Impressionist paintings and bright French doors and windows on all sides of the room. This space comfortably seats up to 100 guests, making an elegant and unique venue for receptions and pre-wedding events.

The entire clubhouse is available for an impressive 600 guests at a seated dinner and 1,200 in a cocktail-style reception.

Cherry Creek Golf Club and Banquet Center provides attentive and experienced event staff to walk each couple through the details and planning of a well-thought-out wedding day and weekend. Several bar and dinner packages are available, suitable for a range of budgets. Several tiers of champagne toasts are also available. Both plated and family-style meal options are provided by their award-winning culinary team. Shower packages are also offered to guests looking to expand their celebration.

Included in each reception package are linens, table skirts and cake cutting services. Six hours of room rental, chair covers and sashes, bartenders, cleanup and breakdown are also generously offered. An elegant bridal suite is also available onsite for those getting married in one of their many ceremony locations. The bridal suite has the ability to be added for couples exchanging vows offsite for an additional fee.

Cherry Creek Golf Club and Banquet Center works alongside each couple to assure their special day surpasses expectations. Extra perks at this venue include:

• Farewell departure stations with to-go cups
  • Valet parking
  • Custom ice carving included in some packages
  • A wide variety of dessert platters
  • Late-night food stations
  • List of decorative items for rent

Intimate, Classic Service...With an Unrivaled View

Cherry Creek Golf Club and Banquet Facility, built in 1995, has a reputation for its ambience and gourmet cuisine prepared all in house. The panoramic landscaped scenery, viewed from the clubhouse with seating for up to 500, is the ultimate site for your ceremony or reception.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Country Club, Restaurant

52000 Cherry Creek Drive, Shelby Twp, MI (586) 254-6001
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Whitney J

If you are looking for a wonderful planning experience along with an absolutely stunning venue, Cherry Creek is the place for you! From the minute we got engaged and started thinking about venue options, we knew Cherry Creek was high on our list. After visiting Cherry Creek for... Read More the first time there was no doubt in our minds that our wedding would be there. From our first interaction with the staff at Cherry Creek we were greeted with nothing but professionalism and respect. We were planning our entire wedding remotely, which can definitely add some extra stress, but their event director, Janelle was very accommodating to all of our needs and very helpful in making sure that the process went very smoothly. Cherry Creek hosted not only our ceremony and reception but also our rehearsal dinner in their Gallery. We had our wedding ceremony outside overlooking the lake and it was absolutely breathtaking. For our reception we rented the Lakeview, the Terrace and the absolutely gorgeous Conservatory. Our guests were in awe of Cherry Creek’s beauty and have not stopped raving about how excellent the food was! Everything was absolutely perfect and I could not have dreamed of a more magical venue!

2017-02-04T09:49:00 Response from the vendor

Whitney, thank you for this amazing review! We hope you and Carlos are enjoying married life together.

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Amy M

Our wedding was just over a year ago, and I am still receiving compliments on our venue. Everything was absolutely perfect! Janelle, was such a great resource through the entire process. I've had friends that got married at other venues making decisions and checking on the... Read More set-up the day of their wedding. My experience was the exact opposite. I didn't have have to answer any questions, or worry about anything. The team had everything set up perfectly. The day of our wedding started off cold and rainy. Janelle knew that I wanted to get married outside, so she had everything set up with heat lamps, and said I could wait until 30 min before to decide. The sun ended up coming out just before the ceremony and we were able to have our outdoor wedding. Most places would have forced us to be indoors, but Janelle knew how important it was to us, so she made it happen. We also had many guests with special food requirements. Two of our guests are vegetarian. They liked their meals so much, so the chef wrote down the recipe for them. Another one of my guests wasn't eating the pasta. One of the staff members noticed, asked how she could help and learned my guest couldn't eat marinara sauce. So the staff member brought out a separate pasta for her. You don't see this type of service at most venues! The view is gorgeous, the food is great, and the staff are amazing. Overall, I would highly recommend this venue!

2017-02-04T09:50:31 Response from the vendor

Amy, we are so glad that you and Anthony had such a wonderful time and were pleased with our staff. Wishing you both the best!

Reviewed on 8/07/2016 Aimee N

If more stars could be given, I would. This venue is beautiful! Tons of huge windows overlook a pristine golf course. The food is the best wedding food I've ever tasted and you get SO MUCH! The entire staff is friendly and helpful. Janelle is the coordinator and she is amazing!... Read More I was told multiple times throughout the day that I was too calm to be a bride on her wedding day, and they were largely the reason why. I didn't have to worry about a thing and they try to make everything as easy as possible!

2016-08-22T12:16:46 Response from the vendor

Aimee, thank you for such an amazing review and for your kind words about our staff! We are so happy that you were able to enjoy your day, stress-free. Hope you're enjoying married life!

Reviewed on 4/20/2017 Lauren S

This is an absolutely GORGEOUS venue and the coordinator here knows her stuff!! It is a must see on your list if it fits your budget! ceremony site was so important to us and we didn't have enough guests to get the bigger ballroom which had the much nicer ceremony site which was... Read More a bummer. It is stunning though. There isn't anything bad to say about this venue. She answered all our questions and was very knowledgeable. Wish it was the venue for us.

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Holly J

If you are looking for a beautiful, well-kept venue that provides unparalleled service and exceptional food, look no further!Cherry Creek has it all! Christine, the Executive Director of Sales made the decision so easy for us to select Cherry Creek. She gave us a wonderful tour... Read More and answered all of our questions up front. We looked through photo albums of previous weddings at their venue and we signed our contract the same day! From there Janelle, the Director of Events was so helpful and put our minds at ease every step of the way in planning our wedding at Cherry Creek. This was critical since we live out of state. When we were in town, we could stop by whenever we needed to. We were able to host our rehearsal dinner right after the ceremony rehearsal at Cherry Creek. This option was extremely convenient for planning and also for our guests! Not to mention, the food was delicious! On our wedding day, the bridal party all met at our exclusive bridal suite to have our hair and makeup done. I was thrilled to have a place where we could relax for the next eight hours before saying "I Do". Cherry Creek served us mimosas, fresh fruit and baked goodies for breakfast. Mini wraps were served in the afternoon for lunch. Our first look took place with a stunning back drop of the golf course and the tallest trees. The venue's surrounding was so lush and green. The photos we got there were so beautiful! Our ceremony took place on the Lakeview lawn that overlooks the lake. We kept our ceremony decor simple due to the natural beauty of the property. The cocktail hour was fabulous! Our guests could not get enough of the crab cakes! And they served Bell's Two Hearted Ale and Oberon. At the reception, we received so many compliments on the venue's food, the service of the wait staff and the bar tenders as well as the overall ambience of Cherry Creek's Lakeview Ballroom. We highly recommend Cherry Creek to any guest for their wonderful staff, food and beverage and accommodations!

2017-02-04T09:52:03 Response from the vendor

Holly, thank you for your kind words! Wishing you and Bill the best.

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Alexandra B

I could not have chosen a better venue for my wedding! From the beautiful scenery to the staff everything was amazing and Janelle made everything so easy!!!

2017-02-04T10:01:52 Response from the vendor

Alexandra, thank you for this review. Hoping you and Charlie are enjoying being newlyweds!

Reviewed on 11/05/2016 Sarah D

Our wedding in September at Cherry Creek was incredible! We could not have asked for a more courteous and attentive staff throughout the process. They were very quick to respond to any questions we had throughout the entire planning process and were very accommodating to make... Read More our day perfect. We had the Terrace and Conservatory room which provided an amazing view and allowed us to have our cocktail hour on the beautiful patio. We could not have anything better to say about the venue, food, and staff. Our day turned out perfect! We are still getting complements on how great the venue looked, how great the food tasted and how courteous the staff was that night. A huge Thank You to Janelle and the entire Cherry Creek staff on making our wedding day perfect!

2017-02-04T10:04:41 Response from the vendor

Sarah, thank you for your kind words! Wishing you and Jason the best

Reviewed on 11/05/2016 Traci K

After touring Cherry Creek, my fiancé and I knew it was where we wanted to have our wedding! Not only was Cherry Creek a stunningly beautiful location for our ceremony and reception, but the staff and coordinators were wonderful, friendly, and very accommodating. The food was... Read More delicious, and the service was impeccable. From the moment we finalized our wedding date, the staff at Cherry Creek was nothing but wonderful!! It made our planning so much easier! Everything about our special day was beyond magnificent. Janelle was a pleasure to work with, along with all of her staff. Janelle responded to numerous emails and phone calls within minutes. Our wedding day was everything I hoped and dreamed for. All in all our entire experience with Cherry Creek far exceeded our expectations and I would highly recommend this venue to anyone!

2017-02-04T10:14:27 Response from the vendor

Traci, thank you for this amazing review! Wishing you and Chris nothing but happiness

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Anna A

My wedding on August 27, 2016 at Cherry Creek could not have been more perfect! From the first meeting with Christine over a year ago to the Cherry Jubilee to the night of the ceremony, I was thoroughly impressed with the service. Being the bridezilla that I was, I needed... Read More answers immediately regarding the venue. Janelle was animate about responding quickly. She constantly reassured me that everything would be perfect and none of my details would be overlooked. And then there's the food. OH. MY. They had so many choices and we were able to specialize some of the dishes, even the afterglow. They were able to accommodate all of our guest's allergies with no question. The bartenders, along with the other waitstaff, were extremely friendly and paid close attention to the needs of the bridal party. I highly suggest any event at this venue!

2017-02-04T10:16:19 Response from the vendor

Anna, we are so glad that you and Mitchell had such a wonderful experience! Thank you for such a great review

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Jaclyn D

Our wedding was June 30th, 2016 and it was picture perfect. Every last detail was amazing and nearly brought me to tears before walking down the aisle. Our coordinator Janelle brought my vision to life and it was more beautiful than I could have even imagined. Everyone I have... Read More talked to has told me mine was the best and most elegant wedding that they had ever been to. I will never forget the amazing service and treatment we got from both Christine and Janelle at Cherry Creek. They are complete assets to brides and grooms to be.

2017-02-04T10:18:44 Response from the vendor

Jaclyn, we are so happy that you and Phill had the wedding of your dreams come true! Wishing you both many years of happiness

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Not a f

We were married 10/14/16 and I can't imagine getting married any where else! Cherry Creek was picture perfect. Everything I have ever imagined for my wedding/reception and more!! We were married in the conservatory and had the whole place for our reception. The windows look... Read More out into the beautiful golf course and the view is just stunning! The food is AMAZING! The service is AMAZING! Janelle was great in helping us in ANYTHING we needed at anytime! I highly recommend Cherry Creek Golf Club for your wedding!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Amin E

We did our wedding at Cherry Creek Golf Club at Sept 2016. Very beautiful place. Awesome staff! and unbelievable food! We worked with Eric to plan our wedding. He was helpful, always available and very caring. All the staffs were awesome. They were kind, seems excited all the... Read More time and very experienced. The food was great! We are not from US but every one from our family loved the food. All of our international friends also loved the meal. All of my American friends and co-workers still talk about how delicious was the food that night. Every body Enjoyed the night! Thank you Cherry Creek staff for making this happen!

2017-02-04T10:19:54 Response from the vendor

Amin, thank you for your kind words! Hope you and Sepidah are enjoying married life together

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Kendall F

This venue was absolutely perfect! It was beautiful inside and out and the food was delicious. The staff was so helpful and went above and beyond to make sure that my wedding was perfect. Would definitely recommend!

2017-02-04T10:20:49 Response from the vendor

Kendall, it was a pleasure to work with you and Ben. Wishing you both nothing but happiness!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Renee M

Overall.... the best ever is right! The location, the staff, the food. We have only heard amazing feedback from our guests. We can only say "wonderful". So glad we chose Chery Creek.

2017-02-04T10:22:14 Response from the vendor

Renee, thank you for such an amazing review! Wishing Kelly and Ian nothing but happiness!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Lisa N

We were married on 7/9/16 at Cherry Creek in the Conservatory room. Overall, we had a very positive experience with Cherry Creek. Starting with the staff, we found they were very easy to work with and extremely prompt to get back to us with all our questions. Janelle was very... Read More professional and always had a positive attitude. It was a beautiful venue and everyone raved about how well it was organized and the high quality of food.

2017-02-04T10:24:05 Response from the vendor

Lisa, thank you for your kind words! Wishing you and Adam the best

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Jessica B

My husband and I were highly satisfied with Cherry Creek. We had a Sunday brunch wedding on July 31, 2016. The staff was friendly and helpful. The food was delicious, and the hall was beautiful. We recommend Cherry Creek to any couple who wants a perfect wedding day!

2017-02-04T10:25:25 Response from the vendor

Jessica, thank you for your kind words. Hope you and Brok are enjoying being newlyweds!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Caroline W

If you are looking for a venue that is beautiful inside and out, this is the place! The outdoor patio, adjacent to the banquet rooms, has a breathtaking view of the well-manicured golf course and pond; great for photos! The banquet rooms are beautiful as well and have stately... Read More windows that bring the outside in to provide a magnificent atmosphere. Management and staff were extremely helpful with all aspects of planning. They offer numerous menu choices for all budgets. The dinner we provided our guests was delicious and we continue to receive compliments on the hors d'oeuvres, main course, dessert table, and afterglow. Cherry Creek's sincere desire to please and attention to detail made the process of having our wedding there stress free. We also had our wedding shower at Cherry Creek and it, too, was wonderful!

2017-02-04T10:26:17 Response from the vendor

Caroline, we are so glad that you and Ryan had such a wonderful experience. Wishing you both nothing but the best!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Caroline W

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Erin H

We were married on 7/9/16 and it was the most perfect day. Our reception in the Lakeview and restaurant rooms at Cherry Creek was everything we could have wished for. From the very beginning, Christine answered all of our questions and helped us make decisions. As it got closer... Read More to the big day, Janelle was so patient and helpful. She answered every email and phone call promptly. The whole planning team was so organized and made it so the evening went very smoothly. Cherry Creek had an event in the spring where all couples could come and taste appetizers and late night snacks and sample bar cocktails. This was a great opportunity for us to see different vendors and make our final menu choices! The food was absolutely delicious! So many guests have told us that it was the best meal they’ve ever had at a wedding. The dinner and late night snack were beyond our expectations. The ultra premium bar provided every drink that our guests could ever possibly think to order. The grounds speak for themselves. The patio was a perfect spot for cocktail hour and for guests to hang out throughout the night. The reception and bar area are elegant and beautiful. The wall of windows looking out at the pond is absolutely gorgeous. Our wedding reception at Cherry Creek was a dream come true!

2017-02-04T10:31:19 Response from the vendor

Erin, we are so happy that yours and Eric's dreams came true! Wishing you both many years of happiness together

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Kate L

It was truly a dream come true to have our wedding here. The venue was beautiful, the food was delicious, and the people who you work with are very understanding and flexible.

2017-02-04T10:32:12 Response from the vendor

Kate, we are so happy that you and Mark had such a wonderful experience. Hope you both are enjoying married life!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Jennifer B

Cherry Creek is absolutely amazing! Our wedding was on 9/16/16. We booked the Terrace/Conservatory after getting tons of recommendations for it. We had our ceremony outside on the patio and our reception indoors. The view of the lake and golf course, the windows.. Oh my... Read More goodness. This place was a dream! Janelle, the wedding coordinator, and all the staff were beyond amazing and super professional. Janelle made sure time and time again that I had everything I wanted and she was super easy to stay in contact with throughout the whole process. I never once had any issues or concerns, it was truly a stress-free wedding. The food was amazing and our guests constantly rave about the venue and food.

2017-02-04T10:34:58 Response from the vendor

Jennifer, thank you for your kind words, and we are so glad that you and Rob had the wedding of your dreams come true!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Sumir S

Cherry Creek Golf Club was the PERFECT setting for our wedding ceremony and reception! We wanted an outdoor ceremony and the golf course with the lake view was exactly what we were hoping for. Christine and Janelle were an awesome team and by the time the wedding date arrived,... Read More they felt like close friends. They instantly understood our blended family dynamics and helped come up with compromises throughout the whole process. They were organized, professional, and personable. They were very accommodating to any special requests we made. We felt that they truly cared about our vision and our wedding day. There are tons of food options (including vegetarian choices) and everything was delicious. There are two beautiful bridal suites on the lower level, which were essential for our large bridal party to get ready/change outfits. We cannot wait to go back to visit and relive the day!

2017-02-04T10:35:48 Response from the vendor

Sumir, it was a pleasure working with you and Brianna. Wishing you both many years of happiness together!

Reviewed on 8/07/2016 Melissa M

Our wedding at Cherry Creek could not have been better. The venue is beautiful, all of our guests raved about the food, and the staff were friendly, professional, and really seem to care about their clients and making sure the day is absolutely perfect-which it was!!

2016-08-22T12:13:00 Response from the vendor

Melissa, thank you for taking the time to write this awesome review! We are so happy to hear that you and your guests had such a great time.

Reviewed on 8/03/2016 Erin S

From the very first meeting we knew that Cherry Creek was going to be amazing. We booked the conservatory room and could not have been more happy with it. Both the ceremony and reception were held at Cherry Creek. Janelle was our planner for our event and she was... Read More AMAZING!!!!!!!!! We loved her. She was very attentive and on the ball for everything we needed or could have ever wanted. The food was amazing, our guests are still talking about the food. The staff treated us amazingly. The room I had to get ready in was set up so nicely and very roomy. I cannot speak highly enough about them and loved every minute we had to spend at Cherry Creek!

2016-08-22T12:10:37 Response from the vendor

Erin, thank you so much for this great review and also for your kind words about our staff! We are so glad that your day was everything you hoped it would be.

Reviewed on 7/24/2016 Rachel C

How can you describe a group of complete strangers who work tirelessly to make your dream a come true? I feel nothing but thankfulness to all the staff at Cherry Creek, complete speechless for the care and consideration that went into making sure not only where the things I... Read More deemed important tended to, but that everything and everyone was taken care of. From the first site visit when Janelle captured my heart with her silliness and joy, to a million emails in-between, to our ceremony and then reception ending at 1am in the morning, Cherry Creek made my husband and my wedding day a dream come true! Most importantly, my family had nothing but kind things to say, including "the food was unmatchable. Best wedding food I've ever had." and "Most fun, enjoyable wedding I've ever been to." Family happy, bride and groom happy; I think that rewards an A+ to Cherry Creek. I would recommend Janelle and golf club to anyone. Thank you all!!!

2016-08-22T12:09:07 Response from the vendor

Rachel, thank you for this AMAZING review! It was a pleasure working with you and Zakk. Hope married life is treating you both very well, and one more thing... #LGRW!