Cherry Creek Golf Club & Banquet Center

Shelby Twp, MI

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Intimate, Classic Service...With an Unrivaled View

Cherry Creek Golf Club and Banquet Facility, built in 1995, has a reputation for its ambience and gourmet cuisine prepared all in house. The panoramic landscaped scenery, viewed from the clubhouse with seating for up to 500, is the ultimate site for your ceremony or reception.

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Waterfront, Country Club, Restaurant

52000 Cherry Creek Drive, Shelby Twp, MI

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 Alexa B

Cherry Creek is an incredibly classy and beautiful venue with high service standards and gorgeous scenery. It is in a secluded area giving it a very private feel and elegance. The conservatory is beautiful with its high ceilings and the way it is lit up as it gets dark is a very... Read More unique feature! There are a ton of great places for photos everywhere you turn on the grounds as well without having to go far. The staff was fantastic and catered to our wedding requests and really worked with us to create the perfect day! Communication over the planning period was very easy and I always received quick and effective replies. The food was amazing as well from cocktail hour to dinner to dessert and afterglow! We had a very positive experience and could not have asked for anything better on our wedding day! We would definitely recommend this place!

Reviewed on 10/09/2015

I can't say enough about this venue. From the management to the planners, to the servers and the bartenders, we had amazing service and can't say one bad thing about our experience at Cherry Creek! I would recommend this venue to anyone looking for an elegant, beautiful and... Read More classy place to have a wedding. I have gotten numerous compliments on cherry creek from guests at our wedding. Janelle was amazing and helped us with whatever we needed in a timely fashion. They were flexible and accommodating in any way they could be. The guys had a golf outing the day before the wedding and there were about 20-25 of them and I haven't heard a negative thing about that either. We thank Cherry Creek for making our wedding day amazing. If we had to do it again we wouldn't hesitate to choose this place all over again.

Reviewed on 9/24/2015

Christine and Janelle are amazing to work with. They take care of all the details and make sure your wedding runs smoothly. I had a almost stress free wedding with the help of Janelle. The venue is absolutely beautiful, and a number of placed to take photos so you do not have... Read More to go elsewhere if you do not want to. The food is probably the best food you will get at a wedding. We had the duet plate chicken and filet and you must get the alfredo (its the best). I would absolutely recommend this venue!!

Reviewed on 11/11/2015 Lisa S

The wedding day was a blur with activity everywhere. The staff and waiters were absolutely AMAZING. There was never a moment that they weren't on top of things and anytime I had a question they were there to help. Leading up to the day there were even more questions and I... Read More never felt like I was being pushed, neglected or ignored. They were FANTASTIC. The food was top notch, the desserts were completely delicious, and my guests had nothing but fabulous things to say about the wedding and reception. You couldn't do better than to pick them for your venue.

Reviewed on 11/03/2015

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Cherry Creek! From our first meeting, to the tasting, to our actual wedding day and everything in between, the staff was extremely helpful and a pleasure to work with. Every detail was perfect and they helped make the planning process... Read More that much less stressful. Our guests are STILL raving about the food! They have even come up to us at several weddings after ours to tell us how wonderful everything was. I am beyond pleased with our decision to host our special day at this beautiful venue! I would absolutely recommend Cherry Creek to brides looking for a classy, beautiful venue with amazing service and delicious food.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Jessica R

Our wedding reception was held at Cheery Creek this past August and everything was beyond our expectations. The grounds of Cheery Creek are absolutely gorgeous. We have so many beautiful pictures from the rose gardens, the greenery, and the lake. Walking into the reception... Read More and looking around I felt like I was in a fairytale, it was everything I had imagined and more. The dome shaped conservatory gives such an elegant feeling and the bay windows were the perfect backdrop. The food was amazing, we had so many wonderful compliments about the wide assortments of food. The S'more bar outside was a big hit with the guests and a perfect late night snack paired with pizza. There were so many food choices to choose from and Janelle was very accommodating as we went through the planning process. We had a split menu and 2 entrees on each and everybody's food came out perfect. Janelle made the planning so easy and was very timely and was always available when I had a question. She communicated with all of my vendors and set everything up so that it went flawless. The service the night of the wedding was wonderful and the staff was very attentive. They are even quick on their feet, we had a cake mishap and I along with my maid of honor caught the cake as it was toppling over. As we held the cake up the staff quickly brought a serving platter over to slide it onto, so instead of hitting the floor, due to their efficiency we were able to enjoy the cake. The staff made us feel like they were all there for us and the most important thing was making sure our day was perfect and our guests were happy. It was by far the best day of my life and I can't thank everyone at Cheery Creek enough for making our dream wedding come true. I would recommend Cheery Creek to anyone that is looking for an absolutely beautiful venue, wonderful staff, and delicious food!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

Absolutely loved everything about my wedding day! The venue was so beautiful and everything was set exactly the way I wanted it for the reception. The personnel was 100% on point and exceeded my expectations of "good service." Janelle was our wedding coordinator. She was... Read More absolutely amazing! She was attentive to my needs and worked with me every step of the way. The venue is breath taking. The scenery for the ceremony was absolutely flawless and the building itself is beautiful! I would suggest this venue to anyone. All our guest feedback was incredible; from the food, service and venue sights, they loved it! The whole package is worth every penny we spent. People are suppose to get married once; that's exactly why I chose this venue. I never wanted to regret my special day! -The Ladas

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Angela M

Cherry Creek Golf Course and Banquet Center Ever since I was a little girl I dreamed about my wedding day, from the flowers to the church, to one of the most important decisions, the venue for the reception, where all my guests would share in celebrating our marriage. After... Read More my college sweetheart proposed to me, I was on a mission to find a place where our guests would experience the beauty of Michigan, since many of our guests were traveling from California where my husband was born and raised. When I first visited Cherry Creek, we knew this was the place where we could create our rustic country themed reception. With its newly renovated rooms, beautiful chandeliers and window-covered walls, it would be the perfect place to make our dreams come true. From the moment I walked into the venue, I knew I had made the best decision choosing Cherry Creek. The elegant cocktail hour on the beautiful patio overlooking the well-manicured grounds of the golf course was a great way to begin the evening. There were so many places to take great photographs it was difficult to choose just a few locations. We even had one of the staff members offer to escort us around the golf course by golf cart to take photos in several of their romantic and unique spots on the course. The place felt magical. Many of our guests asked us how we found this beautiful place and they continue to mention our wedding to this day. Our guests complimented on how delicious the food was and how wonderful the staff was to all of our guests, going beyond our expectations. Cherry Creek provided us with outstanding attention to detail and were supportive of our vision to help create the feel we were looking for. The chef was very accommodating in helping us to provide a variety of choices for our guests. The food was hot, served on time, and tasted delicious. The service was outstanding and the ambiance was very elegant. We were blown away by the overall experience. Janelle and the rest of the staff were very helpful and provided great advice and assistance. I would recommend Cherry Creek to anyone who is planning one of the most important days of their life. You won’t be disappointed. Thank you Cherry Creek for making our dreams come true!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Bernadette R

I absolutely love Cherry Creek! The staff are amazing and go out of their way to make your day very special. I had my bridal shower, wedding and baby shower at Cherry Creek. I was treated so nice by everyone who worked there. All my events ran smooth and the food was amazing. I... Read More do not write many reviews about places but Cherry Creek was outstanding and I had to write a review. I would highly recommend Cherry Creek to anyone who wants a beautiful place with excellent service to host any kind of event.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Jane B

Cherry Creek exceeded all of our wedding expectations! From the tasting all the way to clean up at the end of our wedding night, everything was absolutely perfect. The staff was wonderful to work with and brought all of our wedding ideas to life. When arriving at our reception,... Read More we were blown away with how beautiful our ballroom was and our guests could not stop raving about the food! I would most definitely recommend Cherry Creek as the top wedding venue!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Crissy R

Extraordinary! It's too bad there is not a higher rating than five stars! From the moment my hubby and I walked into Cherry Creek, we knew this would be the place where we would say our "I do's". Janelle and her fantastic staff made us feel at home during our first planning... Read More meeting. The Cherry Creek team listened to our thoughts, incorporated their ideas for planning, and made planning for our wedding seemingly effortless. When we had our tasting to sample our wedding menu, the food was superb. Everything we sampled tasted impeccable, and it was during the sampling that we knew we had made the right decision to have Cherry Creek host our wedding. We decided to choose the platinum package which gave our guests a variety of food and beverage options and late-night snacks. Our wedding day turned out to be everything we wanted and more. We decided to have both our ceremony and reception here. We had the most beautiful view of the golf course and lake as we exchanged our vows. My husband and I were married on the warmest day of the summer; without prompting from us, the thoughtful staff provided our guests with bottled water to stay hydrated during our ceremony. We also chose not to see each other before the wedding, and Janelle did a great job of ensuring that my husband and I would only see each other as I was walking down the aisle. The bridal room that was offered to me before the ceremony was elegantly decorated and provided snacks for my wedding party. Our ceremony space provided a memorable experince for all of our guests. While my husband and I took photos, guests were able to enjoy their cocktails and appetizers on the gorgeous patio/lawn area. Our guests raved about the uniqueness of the outdoor space and the ambiance that was created while our trio of jazz musicians played a variety of songs for guests to groove. One of my biggest fears as a bride was that something would go wrong on our wedding day. If something went wrong, it was not apparent to me; Janelle and her staff took care of everything so that me,my husband, and our family did not have to worry about the minor details. Our ceremony space was everything we could have dreamed of and more! Janelle's suggestions about items that would compliment each other were exactly what I had envisioned for the biggest day of my life. Our guests have stated that our food selection left them begging for more. At the end of the night, our guests were given complimentary coffee, water, and mints to take home with them. Again, the staff had already anticipated what our guests would need by the end of the evening. When planning for the biggest event of your life, look no further than the stunning views and excellent service you will find at Cherry Creek. Janelle and the staff at Cherry Creek will listen to you, and provide you with ideas when you are in the difficult stages of planning. When reflecting on my wedding, I cannot think of a single thing I would change. I definitely commend the staff here for doing incredible work for each event they host. My wedding photos turned out remarkable thanks to the exquisite backdrop Cherry Creek offers! If you're looking for an exceptional venue with first-rate service, than look no further than the breathtaking sights Cherry Creek has to offer. We cannot thank the staff enough for helping us plan our wedding, and ensuring that our wedding was unforgettable. With gratitude, Cristina and Stuart P

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Amanda B

We couldn't be any happier with our decision to celebrate our marriage at Cherry Creek Golf Course this past July. From our initial drive through the beautifully landscaped driveway leading to the club house and the enthusiastic, helpful staff we met that day, we were sold from... Read More our very first visit. We were planning a wedding from two states away and somehow the staff, specifically Janelle, made the process so easy and stress free. She was extremely accommodating to our schedule and we often felt like we had our own personal wedding planner. The day of the wedding, we were introduced to our event coordinator for the evening who reminded us to enjoy ourselves and to let her know if there was anything we needed that evening. What we were especially impressed by was the perfectly executed dinner service. The filet was perfectly cooked and the accompaniments were prepared with the same attention and care. The servers and staff were professional and very attentive to all of our guests leaving a great lasting impression with us and all in attendance. The venue itself was perfectly set up with everything placed exactly how we had envisioned. It was a beautiful day and the windows in the conservatory allowed the sun to shine through giving the room a special, whimsical touch. The impeccably manicured green golf course served as an amazingly beautiful backdrop for our pictures that day, and we could not have asked for a more wonderful place for our photos. We would highly recommend this venue! We could not imagine having had our wedding anywhere else. Cherry Creek has perfected the art of wedding celebrations.

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Kimberly P

I have only great things to say about this venue! My husband and I got married on 7/25/15 and we couldn't have picked a better location. We got married in the Lakeview room and it was beautiful. Our cocktail hour was on the patio and greens.The golf course makes a beautiful... Read More backdrop to your wedding. Not only is it beautiful, but the service and staff from the planning stages down to the reception were great and knowledgeable. They were very accommodating and our wedding day went so smoothly! I would totally have my wedding here all over again! Thank you, Cherry Creek!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Ambur H

If you are a bride looking to please your guests this is this the venue for you. I have absolutely no regrets from my wedding day and it's all thanks to the staff at Cherry Creek. Planning a wedding can be very stressful but with their patient staff and eager to please leader... Read More Janelle it made a stressful time easy and memorable. Beyond the wonderful staff the grounds of the golf course are absolutely beautiful with unending locations for dramatic and whimsical pictures. My wedding took place in June and I am still receiving compliments on how wonderful the food and service was. The conservatory is absolutely beautiful the timeless picture windows overlooking the lush green landscape. The patio made for a lovely cocktail hour and later on in the night gave a romantic and intimate feel with the close trees and twinkle lights. For a girl that spent her whole life dreaming of a fairytale wedding I was elated to see that dream come to life at Cherry Creek Golf Club.

Reviewed on 10/20/2015

We had our daughter's bridal shower, wedding, and baby shower here. The staff was amazing. Janelle not only helped make our ideas work but also suggested things we would of never thought of. The food is amazing, the best place to have any kind of party. The entire staff makes... Read More you feel like your family.

Reviewed on 10/13/2015

Cherry Creek was absolutely fabulous!! Janelle and the rest of the staff made us feel like we were the only wedding that she was overseeing. All of our questions and concerns were answered in a timely manner and the staff were so friendly! We rented the bridal suite for me... Read More and my girls to get ready in the morning of my wedding. I was the best idea ever! We didn't have to worry about traveling with all of our bags, we just left everything there for the day and the room was locked. The food was phenomenal! We went in for our tasting and we wanted to have a little bit of everything. The only thing I kept hearing from my guests all night was how amazing everything was...from the food, to the setting, to the atmosphere. Our wedding was a day that we will never forget. Thank you so much Cherry Creek! I wish I could do it all over again! Mr. and Mrs. Dahlberg :)

Stunning Venue

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Laura S

Have you seen this place? It's stunning, especially the Conservatory Room, where we had our reception. Both my husband and I were against a plain enclosed banquet hall for the reception and then I found Cherry Creek. The windows in the Conservatory were just the look we were... Read More going for - a feeling of beauty and openness while still being inside (but with the option to go outside). Janelle, the coordinator, was excellent, keeping track of all of the details - far better than me! I was a little worried about the day of, not having a dedicated wedding planner, but Janelle made sure that everything ran smoothly, from rehearsal to setup to ceremony to the start of the reception. It was a flawless day and we got so many compliments on the reception venue and the food. Thankfully, I was able to have time to eat and the food was definitely amazing. They also have the option of adding a "Signature Drink" to the bar, which I thought was a nice touch. But the best part Cherry Creek? I actually got to enjoy a bit of cocktail hour even though we were shooting photos, because they brought out appetizers and drinks to the golf course for us! What a great touch! The entire staff was friendly and I really felt like they wanted everything to be perfect for us - and it was. Thank you so much to Janelle and the whole Cherry Creek staff for making our wedding day amazing!

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Sarah M

We would definitely recommend Cherry Creek. The venue is beautiful and the staff is professional and organized. As we faced the challenge of planning the wedding from out of town, Janelle was extremely helpful and quick to answer questions. After a busy year of planning, it... Read More was wonderful to breath a sigh of relief the day of the wedding knowing that Janelle and team would make sure the day went smoothly. We had such a blast enjoying the ceremony and cocktail hour out on the terrace, delicious dinner in the banquet hall, and dancing the night away with our favorite people. We received many compliments from guests on the excellent food, beautiful space, and ease of traveling to and from the nearby hotel. Big thanks to Cherry Creek for helping to make our wedding everything we had hoped for!

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Kara D

I had my wedding there 10.03.15. Despite the rain, it was absolutely gorgeous. The food was amazing, staff was friendly and helpful. I couldn't of asked for a more perfect day!

Reviewed on 10/11/2015 Kaitlin B

Such an amazing venue! beautiful inside and out. The windows to the golf course make it different then any venue around. We had the most beautiful day and got the most beautiful pictures

Reviewed on 10/11/2015 Kayla A

Janelle and the team at Cherry Creek made planning our wedding (during a very, very busy time) stress free! Not only was planning with them enjoyable, but the outcome was absolutely beautiful! From the delicious tasting with some of the friendliest staff to their assistance with... Read More cleaning up many of our homemade centerpieces and decorations at the end of the night, it was a very pleasant experience from start to finish. Additionally, Janelle and her staff went above and beyond to make sure my husband and I were able to taste all of the food from the wedding, even when we were busy during the cocktail hour and they had so many decorations/supplies to finish off our desired look, which saved us time and money. Overall, our experience with Cherry Creek was extremely positive and we would recommend this beautiful venue to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 Jennifer F

We had our wedding reception at Cherry Creek on June 26th 2015. We worked with Cherry Creek for several months leading up to our wedding and each time was a positive experience. My husband and I always left a meeting excited and satisfied. Our wedding day was everything we ever... Read More imagined and more! Janelle is extremely professional and makes sure that your vision comes to life. She also provided an enormous amount of suggestions and tips to make our day perfect and to ensure we didn't forget anything. The day of our wedding we could not have been happier when we saw everything come together. The hall was absolutely stunning and we received several compliments. There are many optimal locations on site for photographs. There is no need to go anywhere else. We enjoyed having our cocktail hour simulataneously with our outdoor pictures. Everyone loved the view and relaxed atmosphere of the cocktail hour. There is a great selection of drinks for guests. The food was excellent! My guests loved the variety of the family style dinner. Guests also complimented the flexibility and generosity of the wait staff. We were super pleased with Cherry Creek's commitment and pride in the club. Everything was immaculate and in prestine condition. The staff kept the club looking great throughout the entire night. We were very proud and honored to have our wedding at such a wonderful site. The night was deli gently planned and there was ample time for everything. We will defintely recommend the venue to friends and family! Thank you Janelle and the staff at Cherry Creek for a superior, well planned wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 Nicole S

WOW is what I can say when I think of our wedding June 27, 2015!!! From planning the wedding from Texas, Janelle always made sure that everything was planned well in advance. The entire waitstaff was outstanding and we did not have a need that was not met. The Conservatory room... Read More was completely picturesque and provided an elegant space for our guests. The options for meals and appetizers were out of this world! Despite the rain on the forecast, Janelle was able to find a time frame which enabled us to get married outside -- with just enough time to take some photos before the downpour! I would recommend Cherry Creek to anyone that wants impeccable service and attention to detail. Thank you again for making our day so perfect and beautiful!

You'll be happy with your choice :)

Reviewed on 9/26/2015 Alexandra B

Absolutely incredible staff, service, food, atmosphere. I could go on and on. Thank you so much for everything, Cherry Creek. Special shout-out to Janelle for helping make our wedding dream a reality--and for promptly replying to a billion of my emails. Also, Suzanne is the... Read More sweetest person ever. If you're having an event, book it at this venue, you won't regret it.

Beautiful Cherry Creek Wedding!

Reviewed on 9/24/2015 Keriann N

Our wedding experience at Cherry Creek Golf Club was a dream come true! The staff was extremely attentive and welcoming. Janelle, the wedding coordinator was always helping to make sure the day ran smoothly, and quickly replied to all wedding requests and questions during the... Read More planning process leading up to our big day. Cherry Creek has a beautiful facility and the high ceilings in the terrace conservatory room were breathtaking. The grass area overlooking the pond made a spectacular back drop for our ceremony. Also, many guests were commenting on how delicious the food was! Not only was the food outstanding but the communication between the staff blew us away. The head table always had food and drinks brought to us without asking and the bartenders remembered what drinks we wanted. This attention to detail made our Cherry Creek wedding exceptional and set it apart in customer service from the norm. More than one close family friend told us that this was the best wedding that they have attended in over 10 years. We have recommended Cheery Creek to numerous friends getting married next year!