Cherry Creek Golf Club & Banquet Center

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Waterfront, Country Club, Restaurant

52000 Cherry Creek Drive, Shelby Twp, MI

Reviewed on 10/09/2015

I can't say enough about this venue. From the management to the planners, to the servers and the bartenders, we had amazing service and can't say one bad thing about our experience at Cherry Creek! I would recommend this venue to anyone looking for an elegant, beautiful and... Read More classy place to have a wedding. I have gotten numerous compliments on cherry creek from guests at our wedding. Janelle was amazing and helped us with whatever we needed in a timely fashion. They were flexible and accommodating in any way they could be. The guys had a golf outing the day before the wedding and there were about 20-25 of them and I haven't heard a negative thing about that either. We thank Cherry Creek for making our wedding day amazing. If we had to do it again we wouldn't hesitate to choose this place all over again.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Kendall F

This venue was absolutely perfect! It was beautiful inside and out and the food was delicious. The staff was so helpful and went above and beyond to make sure that my wedding was perfect. Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Renee M

Overall.... the best ever is right! The location, the staff, the food. We have only heard amazing feedback from our guests. We can only say "wonderful". So glad we chose Chery Creek.

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Lisa N

We were married on 7/9/16 at Cherry Creek in the Conservatory room. Overall, we had a very positive experience with Cherry Creek. Starting with the staff, we found they were very easy to work with and extremely prompt to get back to us with all our questions. Janelle was very... Read More professional and always had a positive attitude. It was a beautiful venue and everyone raved about how well it was organized and the high quality of food.

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Jessica B

My husband and I were highly satisfied with Cherry Creek. We had a Sunday brunch wedding on July 31, 2016. The staff was friendly and helpful. The food was delicious, and the hall was beautiful. We recommend Cherry Creek to any couple who wants a perfect wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Caroline W

If you are looking for a venue that is beautiful inside and out, this is the place! The outdoor patio, adjacent to the banquet rooms, has a breathtaking view of the well-manicured golf course and pond; great for photos! The banquet rooms are beautiful as well and have stately... Read More windows that bring the outside in to provide a magnificent atmosphere. Management and staff were extremely helpful with all aspects of planning. They offer numerous menu choices for all budgets. The dinner we provided our guests was delicious and we continue to receive compliments on the hors d'oeuvres, main course, dessert table, and afterglow. Cherry Creek's sincere desire to please and attention to detail made the process of having our wedding there stress free. We also had our wedding shower at Cherry Creek and it, too, was wonderful!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Caroline W

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Erin H

We were married on 7/9/16 and it was the most perfect day. Our reception in the Lakeview and restaurant rooms at Cherry Creek was everything we could have wished for. From the very beginning, Christine answered all of our questions and helped us make decisions. As it got closer... Read More to the big day, Janelle was so patient and helpful. She answered every email and phone call promptly. The whole planning team was so organized and made it so the evening went very smoothly. Cherry Creek had an event in the spring where all couples could come and taste appetizers and late night snacks and sample bar cocktails. This was a great opportunity for us to see different vendors and make our final menu choices! The food was absolutely delicious! So many guests have told us that it was the best meal they’ve ever had at a wedding. The dinner and late night snack were beyond our expectations. The ultra premium bar provided every drink that our guests could ever possibly think to order. The grounds speak for themselves. The patio was a perfect spot for cocktail hour and for guests to hang out throughout the night. The reception and bar area are elegant and beautiful. The wall of windows looking out at the pond is absolutely gorgeous. Our wedding reception at Cherry Creek was a dream come true!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Kate L

It was truly a dream come true to have our wedding here. The venue was beautiful, the food was delicious, and the people who you work with are very understanding and flexible.

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Jennifer B

Cherry Creek is absolutely amazing! Our wedding was on 9/16/16. We booked the Terrace/Conservatory after getting tons of recommendations for it. We had our ceremony outside on the patio and our reception indoors. The view of the lake and golf course, the windows.. Oh my... Read More goodness. This place was a dream! Janelle, the wedding coordinator, and all the staff were beyond amazing and super professional. Janelle made sure time and time again that I had everything I wanted and she was super easy to stay in contact with throughout the whole process. I never once had any issues or concerns, it was truly a stress-free wedding. The food was amazing and our guests constantly rave about the venue and food.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Sumir S

Cherry Creek Golf Club was the PERFECT setting for our wedding ceremony and reception! We wanted an outdoor ceremony and the golf course with the lake view was exactly what we were hoping for. Christine and Janelle were an awesome team and by the time the wedding date arrived,... Read More they felt like close friends. They instantly understood our blended family dynamics and helped come up with compromises throughout the whole process. They were organized, professional, and personable. They were very accommodating to any special requests we made. We felt that they truly cared about our vision and our wedding day. There are tons of food options (including vegetarian choices) and everything was delicious. There are two beautiful bridal suites on the lower level, which were essential for our large bridal party to get ready/change outfits. We cannot wait to go back to visit and relive the day!

Reviewed on 8/07/2016 Aimee N

If more stars could be given, I would. This venue is beautiful! Tons of huge windows overlook a pristine golf course. The food is the best wedding food I've ever tasted and you get SO MUCH! The entire staff is friendly and helpful. Janelle is the coordinator and she is amazing!... Read More I was told multiple times throughout the day that I was too calm to be a bride on her wedding day, and they were largely the reason why. I didn't have to worry about a thing and they try to make everything as easy as possible!

2016-08-22T12:16:46 Response from the vendor

Aimee, thank you for such an amazing review and for your kind words about our staff! We are so happy that you were able to enjoy your day, stress-free. Hope you're enjoying married life!

Reviewed on 8/07/2016 Melissa M

Our wedding at Cherry Creek could not have been better. The venue is beautiful, all of our guests raved about the food, and the staff were friendly, professional, and really seem to care about their clients and making sure the day is absolutely perfect-which it was!!

2016-08-22T12:13:00 Response from the vendor

Melissa, thank you for taking the time to write this awesome review! We are so happy to hear that you and your guests had such a great time.

Reviewed on 8/03/2016 Erin S

From the very first meeting we knew that Cherry Creek was going to be amazing. We booked the conservatory room and could not have been more happy with it. Both the ceremony and reception were held at Cherry Creek. Janelle was our planner for our event and she was... Read More AMAZING!!!!!!!!! We loved her. She was very attentive and on the ball for everything we needed or could have ever wanted. The food was amazing, our guests are still talking about the food. The staff treated us amazingly. The room I had to get ready in was set up so nicely and very roomy. I cannot speak highly enough about them and loved every minute we had to spend at Cherry Creek!

2016-08-22T12:10:37 Response from the vendor

Erin, thank you so much for this great review and also for your kind words about our staff! We are so glad that your day was everything you hoped it would be.

Reviewed on 7/24/2016 Rachel C

How can you describe a group of complete strangers who work tirelessly to make your dream a come true? I feel nothing but thankfulness to all the staff at Cherry Creek, complete speechless for the care and consideration that went into making sure not only where the things I... Read More deemed important tended to, but that everything and everyone was taken care of. From the first site visit when Janelle captured my heart with her silliness and joy, to a million emails in-between, to our ceremony and then reception ending at 1am in the morning, Cherry Creek made my husband and my wedding day a dream come true! Most importantly, my family had nothing but kind things to say, including "the food was unmatchable. Best wedding food I've ever had." and "Most fun, enjoyable wedding I've ever been to." Family happy, bride and groom happy; I think that rewards an A+ to Cherry Creek. I would recommend Janelle and golf club to anyone. Thank you all!!!

2016-08-22T12:09:07 Response from the vendor

Rachel, thank you for this AMAZING review! It was a pleasure working with you and Zakk. Hope married life is treating you both very well, and one more thing... #LGRW!

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Shannon R

Janelle helped us every step of the way and we had amazing support the day of the wedding. The staff was so nice and so helpful - you can tell they care about their customers and making their special day all that it should be.

2016-08-22T12:07:04 Response from the vendor

Shannon, thank you so much for your kind words. We're happy that we were able to contribute to making your day such a success!

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Jillian A

I cannot even begin to explain how happy we were with Cherry Creek! Janelle worked with us through all of the planning, fulfilling every one of our requests and managing every detail, making everything so easy for us. Also, Janelle, Alessandra, and the rest of the staff there... Read More made everything painless and seamless on our big day. The venue is beautiful, the food is incredible, and the staff are so polite and helpful. Our family and friends have been raving about our wedding, and most importantly, it truly was a fairy tale day for my husband and I thanks to Cherry Creek. Thank you guys so much! If I could give more than 5 stars, I definitely would!

2016-06-21T11:14:14 Response from the vendor

Jillian, Thank you for this amazing review! We're so happy that your day was everything you imagined it to be and more. We wish you and Zach all the best!

Reviewed on 6/13/2016

As a first time Mother of the Bride, I can't say enough great things about Cherry Creek. From the initial contact with the sales representative, to the meetings with our wedding coordinator, planning was efficient and smooth. The facilities were absolutely spectacular, from the... Read More beautiful grounds, the reception facility, and the bridal preparation room. However, the food was what my guests praised: well prepared, well served, and delicious. I simply cannot heap enough praise on the staff and service at Cherry Creek. My daughter had the wedding of her dreams come true.

Reviewed on 6/04/2016 Katie H

We had both our reception and ceremony at Cherry Creek, and we had a great experience. Janelle the wedding coordinator made everything so easy the day of. We dropped off all of our decor the day of the rehearsal and she took care of the set up on the wedding day. We used the... Read More bridal suite to get ready that morning right on site. The food was great and they were very accommodating with special dietary needs for myself and the wedding guests. We had an overall great experience with Cherry Creek and highly recommend them!

2016-06-21T11:19:59 Response from the vendor

Katie, Thank you so much for your kind words! We are so thrilled that you and your guests had such an amazing time, and that everything the day of was stress-free. We hope you and Kevin are enjoying married life thus far :)

Reviewed on 5/18/2016 Shauna S

My husband and I got married at Cherry Creek Golf Club on 12/19/15 and it was everything we hoped it would be! We worked with Janelle from start to finish and she was unbelievably helpful. She made sure that everything ran smoothly and was open to all of our ideas and how we... Read More could make them come to life. She was especially comforting in the last few days before the wedding, taking over all of the last minute details- which can be one of the most stressful parts of the whole wedding planning process. My husband and I are very “type A” people and giving up control can be anxiety inducing! However, after leaving our rehearsal at the venue we both felt much more at ease knowing we could trust her to take care of the remaining tasks. Cherry Creek is typically advertised with summer and out door wedding photos however it is just as beautiful indoors during the winter months! It is very elegantly decorated with lighted wreaths, trees, and garland, which we chose to leave in place- and it looked so great with our gold-themed wedding decor (there are a few pictures posted of our wedding on the Cherry Creek Facebook page). We chose to do our ceremony in the Conservatory room and our reception in the Lakeview room. Our cocktail hour followed the ceremony and was in the Ryder Cup room. Our guests loved that everything took place at the same venue. We got a great deal by choosing to have a winter wedding and had the entire venue to ourselves. All of the food and drinks were so good and our pictures turned out perfect on the golf course. We have no regrets about choosing this venue during the month of December and would have it there all over again if we could! -Shauna & Matt Wilusz

2016-06-21T11:25:07 Response from the vendor

Shauna & Matt, Thank you for this great review! Everything about your day was just beautiful...the linens, the flowers, everyone's attire in the bridal party.. we couldn't get enough! We are so happy that you two had the fairy tale wedding that you had dreamed... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/01/2016

Cherry Creek was an absolutely fabulous venue. More important than the food, the views, and the beauty of the venue was the professionalism of the staff. The staff makes or breaks an entire event, and this staff was unbeatable. From the moment we expressed interest in their... Read More venue until the very end, we felt as if we were their only client. No question goes unanswered, and every question is of utmost importance. We cannot recommend the staff and facilities and Cherry Creek more - you will certainly not be let down.

Reviewed on 3/23/2016 Geri H

Cherry Creek was our dream venue! We were able to book the Lakeview room as well as the Terrace & Conservatory( which also served as our ceremony location) and the Grille for cocktail hour. Janelle was beyond amazing! She took every little idea, concern, and request and made my... Read More dream wedding a reality! The staff was amazing from beginning to end. They went above and beyond converting our ceremony space back to a reception area as well as directing guests to cocktail hour and making sure everything went off without a hitch! We were able to use the bride and groom suite to prepare for the event and take advantage of the beautiful venue for our first look early in the day even though our event took place hours later. The ambiance and food were beyond compare! Our biggest goal planning our wedding was to not have "hall food" Cherry Creek's chefs are incredible with delicious food and even a great vegetarian/gluten/nut free option! Many guests still rave about what an amazing experience the wedding was months later! I look back at my wedding and couldn't imagine anything more perfect!

2016-06-21T11:59:58 Response from the vendor

Geri, Thank you so much for your great feedback! We are so pleased that you and John had such a wonderful experience on your special day. It was a pleasure to work with both of you, and we look forward to seeing you, John and... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/17/2015 E L

My husband and I got married at Cherry Creek in May 2015 and it was lovely. The venue was beautiful--both indoors and out--the staff was helpful every step of the way, and everyone raved about the food, even after the wedding! I would highly recommend this venue.

Reviewed on 11/11/2015 Lisa S

The wedding day was a blur with activity everywhere. The staff and waiters were absolutely AMAZING. There was never a moment that they weren't on top of things and anytime I had a question they were there to help. Leading up to the day there were even more questions and I... Read More never felt like I was being pushed, neglected or ignored. They were FANTASTIC. The food was top notch, the desserts were completely delicious, and my guests had nothing but fabulous things to say about the wedding and reception. You couldn't do better than to pick them for your venue.

Reviewed on 11/03/2015

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Cherry Creek! From our first meeting, to the tasting, to our actual wedding day and everything in between, the staff was extremely helpful and a pleasure to work with. Every detail was perfect and they helped make the planning process... Read More that much less stressful. Our guests are STILL raving about the food! They have even come up to us at several weddings after ours to tell us how wonderful everything was. I am beyond pleased with our decision to host our special day at this beautiful venue! I would absolutely recommend Cherry Creek to brides looking for a classy, beautiful venue with amazing service and delicious food.