Cherry Creek Golf Club & Banquet Center

Shelby Twp, MI

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with Cherry Creek Golf Club & Banquet Center

A BALLROOM IN SHELBY TWP, MI

Couples seeking an all-inclusive venue to host both their ceremony and reception should consider the stunning Cherry Creek Golf Club and Banquet Center in Shelby Township, Michigan. Nestled among verdant fairways, the landscaped grounds feature a sparkling lake, charming stone patios and an elegant colonial-style banquet hall with a variety of reception space selections. The following spaces are available for a variety of wedding events:

Grounds. The lovely property of Cherry Creek Golf Club and Banquet Center offers several flexible spaces for outdoor ceremonies and celebrations. Couples choose to exchange vows in front of the sprawling lake and lovely fountains, amidst canopies of flowers in their garden area or on their stunning stone terrace.

Patio and Conservatory. A breathtaking space with historically inspired architectural, this towering room is ideal for guests to mingle and enjoy cocktails and appetizers. When combined with the outdoor patio, up to 210 guests are seated and served. This space may also be combined with the Lakeview Ballroom.

Lakeview Ballroom. Overlooking the lake and fairways, the Lakeview Ballroom is the ideal space for both large and intimate events. When broken into two rooms, each side of the Ballroom accommodates 160 seated guests and up to 450 guests in a cocktail reception when the rooms are combined. This space was recently fully renovated and includes two large built-in bars and stunning white wainscoting throughout the space. The expansive windows allow ample natural light to flood the room and classic chandeliers fill the ballroom as the event transitions to evening. The space also opens up onto a lovely outdoor patio.

The Gallery. Guests are welcomed by a room filled with Impressionist paintings and bright French doors and windows on all sides of the room. This space comfortably seats up to 100 guests, making an elegant and unique venue for receptions and pre-wedding events.

The entire clubhouse is available for an impressive 600 guests at a seated dinner and 1,200 in a cocktail-style reception.

Cherry Creek Golf Club and Banquet Center provides attentive and experienced event staff to walk each couple through the details and planning of a well-thought-out wedding day and weekend. Several bar and dinner packages are available, suitable for a range of budgets. Several tiers of champagne toasts are also available. Both plated and family-style meal options are provided by their award-winning culinary team. Shower packages are also offered to guests looking to expand their celebration.

Included in each reception package are linens, table skirts and cake cutting services. Six hours of room rental, chair covers and sashes, bartenders, cleanup and breakdown are also generously offered. An elegant bridal suite is also available onsite for those getting married in one of their many ceremony locations. The bridal suite has the ability to be added for couples exchanging vows offsite for an additional fee.

Cherry Creek Golf Club and Banquet Center works alongside each couple to assure their special day surpasses expectations. Extra perks at this venue include:

• Farewell departure stations with to-go cups
  • Valet parking
  • Custom ice carving included in some packages
  • A wide variety of dessert platters
  • Late-night food stations
  • List of decorative items for rent

Intimate, Classic Service...With an Unrivaled View

Cherry Creek Golf Club and Banquet Facility, built in 1995, has a reputation for its ambience and gourmet cuisine prepared all in house. The panoramic landscaped scenery, viewed from the clubhouse with seating for up to 500, is the ultimate site for your ceremony or reception.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Country Club, Garden, Restaurant

A2f84579 05f6 4400 aa0c 4597c7a89d92~rs 100
340be60c 20f2 414a addb 4083a1d96c7a~rs 100
D692bc15 0755 426d 96a9 fb6ea89c4786~rs 100

52000 Cherry Creek Drive, Shelby Twp, MI (586) 254-6001
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Chelsea K

I do not have enough positive words to describe our wedding experience at Cherry Creek. Janelle and Christine made the planning process absolutely seemless, which allowed us to appreciate the day and process so much more! In the beginning they were very transparent about our... Read More package, without additional hidden costs along the way- which I found to be very helpful. They worked so well with all of our vendors and held a high level of communication with both the bride and groom and the vendors. The food was exceptional and the dining staff addressed and met all dietary needs without question. The scenery was beautiful and elegant both inside and out! Thank you Cherry Creek for our dream wedding!

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Katie D

We had our DREAM WEDDING at Cherry Creek on June 23rd, 2017. Everything about our day, from start to finish, was unbelievably perfect. Janelle and her team gave us VIP treatment and made our day truly perfect. It is now November, and we are STILL getting compliments on our... Read More venue, especially the food! I have had random strangers tell me how beautiful our wedding was based on pictures they saw. My girls and I were able to get ready downstairs, which made the day much less stressful. We had a delicious brunch while getting ready which seamlessly went into photos on the GORGEOUS grounds, a ceremony overlooking the water, cocktail hour on the terrace, and the best reception EVER in the Terrace/Conservatory/Lakeside rooms. Truly, I cannot express enough gratitude to Janelle and Christine and the entire team at Cherry Creek for making our day so incredibly beautiful and perfect. I would not change a single thing. I wish I could relive it! The food was TO DIE FOR... and the tasting you get to do ahead of time is private with both sets of parents included! Seriously, I guarantee that you will not find a better venue in the Metro Detroit area. THANK YOU SO MUCH to Cherry Creek!

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Elizabeth M

We had our reception at Cherry Creek in March and it was a dream come true! Everything was beautiful and the staff was amazing to work with! I live in Chicago and was planning everything from there, and Janelle always got back to me by the next day, even on Sundays, and was able... Read More to accomodate all of our requests, even until the last minute with beautiful gold tablecloths for the head table. All of our guests raved about how wonderful the food was, how beautiful the venue was, and how spectacular the service was. I'm eternally greatful for Janelle and all of the staff at Cherry Creek that made our wedding day perfect, and one that all of our family and friends will remember for a lifetime!

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Renee S

Had our wedding in June. Everything was amazing. The staff went above and beyond for everything. We had numerous compliments on the food and the venue. Great place for romantic pictures. Highly recommend Janelle and the staff at Cherry Creek. You won’t regret it

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Ashley H

We got married on 8/05/17 and not a single criticism was made about the Terrace/Conservatory reception hall at Cherry Creek. The room had been so carefully and professionally set up and was beautifully presented. The reception hall was also kept extremely clean as the... Read More celebration went on. The many crystal clear windows in the Octagon hall, let through the perfect amount of natural light as the August evening progressed.  The service was AMAZING at Cherry Creek. The process of reserving the hall and choosing the food to be served was effortless and was finished quickly thanks to the effortless ability of Janelle and the entire team at Cherry Creek. During our celebration, all of the servers and workers were so incredibly kind and went out of their way to provide us, as well as our guests, with anything that we had requested. The food was phenomenal and was always kept very hot. The servers left the perfect amount of time between the meal courses and were always very quick and organized when they were clearing the tables to present the next course. Overall, our experience at Cherry Creek was beyond our wildest expectations. The hall was beautifully presented and was kept well organized and clean throughout our wedding reception. The scenery, shown through the many glass windows of the hall, was absolutely gorgeous. The service provided by the servers, bartenders and workers was exceptional and they made the process of making our reservations easy and provided top tier service on the day of the celebration. The food was extremely tasty and hot and was served beautifully. We would definitely recommend Cherry Creek for a wedding reception or any large scale celebration to anyone who asked for our opinion.

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Courtney N

My husband and I had our wedding at cherry creek on 9.9.17. We were amazed at how well everything was put together for our special day! I had worked with janelle the whole time and she would email me back right away with a response as to what I needed! The staff, ceremony,... Read More reception and everything was amazing!! I still get compliments on how good the food was that day and we had the filet and salmon combo!! We also did the carnival after glow food for later! So thank you cherry creek for making our day the best it could be!! We truly appreciate it! -The Newsome's

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Rachelle L

Cherry Creek was the perfect place for our wedding! Any time we had any questions about things we wanted to do, change, etc. they were so quick to respond - and so helpful. The food is absolutely amazing, and the fantastic tasting they provide beforehand leaves you with no... Read More question as to what you're going to get on your big day. Still to this day our guests keep telling us three things - 1) How beautiful our venue was 2) How kind, helpful, and classy the staff at Cherry Creek were, and 3) How delicious the food was! You will not go wrong with Cherry Creek as your wedding venue.

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Kimberly B

Our wedding at Cherry Creek was absolutely perfect. It was beautiful, organized, and the food was delicious! The staff was dedicated to not only understanding our vision, but valuing our ideas. There was another wedding in the room next to us and the wedding staff still treated... Read More us as if we were the only people there! We had so many compliments on the food and services from our guests for weeks after the wedding! Thank you Cherry Creek for making our special day perfect!

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Michelle T

We got married in November last year at Cherry Creek in the Terrace and Conservatory Rooms. We are STILL hearing compliments from our guests about how beautiful, fun, and unique our wedding was! This venue blew us away when we first looked into it; the grounds are well kept... Read More and beautiful. My husband even got the 'This Is It!' feeling... which I didn't even know that was a thing! We loved working with Christine and Janelle, who made an incredible team. They were both very friendly, responsive to all of our questions (as I had many), helpful and just as excited about our day as we were! I can't say enough good things about Cherry Creek and their staff who always had a smile on their face and were willing to help any way they could. My husband and I couldn't imagine getting married anywhere else. The food was incredible, and the venue itself was absolutely stunning. On the day of our wedding, the staff were professional, prompt, and attentive to detail. They even brought drinks and appetizer's separately to the Bridal Party before our grand entrance. This small gesture made such a big difference to a hungry bridal party! We had a very large guest list, and felt at ease while working out all the details with Christine and Janelle. I really can’t say enough good things about them and about Cherry Creek in general! We were even sent vouchers for a free round of golf (which we gladly used), after our wedding! So, we even got to experience the rest of the property! I would recommend this venue to anyone for a wedding, a shower, or any event. It was such a pleasant experience that my husband and I will remember forever. Thank you for making it the best day of our lives!

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Emily R

There is not enough great things to say about Cherry Creek! They made my wedding spectacular! We were in awe walking into our reception space. A great choice!

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Chelsea D

My husband and I got married at Cherry Creek on September 23rd, 2017, which included our ceremony on the outdoor veranda and our reception in the Lakeview Room. EVERYTHING was beyond perfect for our special day thanks to the help and expertise of the Cherry Creek staff. I... Read More had never been involved in planning a wedding before and I was quite intimidated by the entire process right from the start, however Janelle and Christine were so understanding and willing to help every step of the way. The day-of was flawless and I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful wedding. My guests still bring up how amazing the food was and how they had such a wonderful time at my wedding. Thank you to everyone at Cherry Creek for making it the best day of our lives.

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 Vallorie M

Cherry Creek was the perfect venue for our wedding. The terrace/conservatory room was breathtaking with all the windows and beautiful natural light. The food was also amazing, we got so many compliments from our guests. Janelle and her team were there to make sure everything... Read More went smoothly on the big day and we were so thankful for that. We loved working with Janelle throughout the planning process. She was always there to answer any questions that we had, help us through decisions, and even accommodated last minute requests. Everything from the staff to the food to the beautiful views was perfect and we are so happy that we chose to get married at Cherry Creek!

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Dominique P

We got married on 9/15/17 and I could not have picked a better place! We made an appointment to go in and get more information on pricing and date availability with Christine. She did a fantastic job at answering all of our questions and she was very professional and... Read More informative on what Cherry Creek had to offer for the wedding. Once we booked, we were invited to a Jubilee where we got to taste the appetizers and the afterglow options for our wedding. They had a ton of vendors come in as well and this is where I also found my photo booth. As the wedding approached, we began to meet with Janelle and she couldn't have been more helpful with all of our last minute questions. Janelle made sure everything ran as scheduled and kept everyone on time. The day of the wedding she not only allowed us to have both of the bridal suites, but she also let the girls get ready upstairs in order to have natural light for our makeup. She is a fantastic wedding planner and did an awesome job! Our pictures are beyond beautiful and we have received so many complements on how elegant our wedding was!! Thank you to all of the Cherry Creek staff for making our dream wedding a reality!

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Kim H

We got married at Cherry Creek in July and had the most amazing day! The planning process was made easy with Janelle and the entire team who all had a warm, friendly and helpful nature. On the day of the wedding, my girls and I got ready onsite in the bridal suite and had our... Read More hair and make-up done. It was a prefect set-up to have the group of girls together and to relax throughout the morning. Our ceremony took place on the lawn of the Lakeview room and the beautiful setting of the golf course surrounding us was so picturesque and a great place to share our first look! The reception was wonderful, food was delicious and the staff was attentive. We couldn’t have been happier with our day!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Tess M

We had our wedding on June 3, 2017 and could not be happier with our choice to go with Cherry Creek! Christine and Janelle were amazing to work with. From start to finish they make the process stress free and they make you feel so comfortable. They were professional yet... Read More personable and I trusted them completely with every detail of our special day. The venue is gorgeous which was part of the reason I was drawn to it initially but the food was amazing as well. The grounds are beautiful and the inside too with all of the windows!! The staff and service was great and memorable (even on a day that felt like a whirlwind I noticed the attention they gave to things). They were extremely attentive to the head table and then even had little shirley temples in wine glasses waiting for my 3 year old flower girl and ring bearer. They felt so special! I know there are things I am forgetting but I honestly cannot say enough good things about our experience at Cherry Creek! It really was the best day ever and they are a huge part of the reason why.

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Chantelle L

Our wedding was in September at Cherry Creek and they were amazing to work with! Janelle was so nice and made sure that we had everything! The food was amazing! The staff made sure we always had everything we needed!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Lindsay F

If I could give Cherry Creek 10 stars I would! It was the best day of our lives and the whole staff made it so perfect. Multiple guests told us it was the best wedding they've ever been to because of the outdoor ceremony with the ponds and trees in the background, the beautiful... Read More ambiance and big chandeliers, the AMAZING food (almost all guests that we have spoken to said best food they've ever had at a wedding). The bridal suite was so nice to have and the accommodations for us throughout the whole process took so much stress off our shoulders. I would tell EVERYONE to get married here. Janelle is the absolute best. We used all preferred vendors and everything was flawless. I would get married there over and over again. THANK YOU cherry creek!!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Stephanie P

Planning a same sex wedding, I knew it was going to be hard. After many phone calls and many emails of being declined services because of same sex marriage. Cherry creek was the first venue we looked at. Christine was helping us at the time and made us feel so comfortable and... Read More accepted and wanted. I knew from the start it was going to be a lot of work, but this was our venue. We continued to look around and talk to others but our minds were set here. We went back and talked to Christine again, and we made the decision cherry creek was it. We eventually worked with Janelle along with Christine and we’ve never felt so loved and supported by these two. Their joy, and excitement they showed about our wedding and our ideas. I can’t even begin to explain. They helped make our day so magical. The entire stay there were amazing. From them to the intern Christine that helped me hide from my wife so we didn’t see each other to the waiting staff to almost everyone that worked that night. It was truly amazing and I’m sad it’s over because they became people we truly love and care for! Can’t thank them enough!

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Logan L

My wedding here was breathtaking. The ceremony and reception were set up perfectly. The food was amazing and the staff is phenomenal! Couldn't of asked for a more perfect wedding.

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Iris C

. We'd like to give a hugh "shout out" and THANK-YOU from the bottom of our hearts to Janelle and the entire staff of Cherry Creek Golf Club and Banquet Center for helping make Lindsay & Chris's wedding day experience the best ever!!! We continue to get high songs of praise on... Read More a daily basis expressing how incredibly "perfect" everything was.. abundance of delicious gourmet food/ spirits, beautiful ambience, decor , even those conditions that could not be controlled.. ie weather. We love you SO much Cherry Creek and could never thank you enough!💚🌞🍸💍

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Jordyn G

We got married on December 31, 2016 (NYE) and it was the most amazing night of our lives. The staff at Cherry Creek went out of their way to make sure that all of our guests were having a great time. We had our ceremony and reception at Cherry Creek, which both turned out... Read More beautifully. We had the whole facility, which is extremely expensive, but well worth it!! Janelle and Christine are both amazing and very responsive. There was not a detail that was overlooked. We have received so many compliments on the venue and the food. The one 'odd' thing was that we had several sets of wedding crashers. We had a couple that ended up leaving us a card and money and then a group of teenage boys that showed up in jeans and started eating food that people left on the table. We let the staff know and they promptly escorted them out. I am not sure if this happened because it was New Year's Eve, but it was kind of a bummer. Overall, I would book Cherry Creek over and over again for my wedding. It was the BEST day of my life.

Reviewed on 4/20/2017 Lauren S

This is an absolutely GORGEOUS venue and the coordinator here knows her stuff!! It is a must see on your list if it fits your budget! ceremony site was so important to us and we didn't have enough guests to get the bigger ballroom which had the much nicer ceremony site which was... Read More a bummer. It is stunning though. There isn't anything bad to say about this venue. She answered all our questions and was very knowledgeable. Wish it was the venue for us.

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Holly J

If you are looking for a beautiful, well-kept venue that provides unparalleled service and exceptional food, look no further!Cherry Creek has it all! Christine, the Executive Director of Sales made the decision so easy for us to select Cherry Creek. She gave us a wonderful tour... Read More and answered all of our questions up front. We looked through photo albums of previous weddings at their venue and we signed our contract the same day! From there Janelle, the Director of Events was so helpful and put our minds at ease every step of the way in planning our wedding at Cherry Creek. This was critical since we live out of state. When we were in town, we could stop by whenever we needed to. We were able to host our rehearsal dinner right after the ceremony rehearsal at Cherry Creek. This option was extremely convenient for planning and also for our guests! Not to mention, the food was delicious! On our wedding day, the bridal party all met at our exclusive bridal suite to have our hair and makeup done. I was thrilled to have a place where we could relax for the next eight hours before saying "I Do". Cherry Creek served us mimosas, fresh fruit and baked goodies for breakfast. Mini wraps were served in the afternoon for lunch. Our first look took place with a stunning back drop of the golf course and the tallest trees. The venue's surrounding was so lush and green. The photos we got there were so beautiful! Our ceremony took place on the Lakeview lawn that overlooks the lake. We kept our ceremony decor simple due to the natural beauty of the property. The cocktail hour was fabulous! Our guests could not get enough of the crab cakes! And they served Bell's Two Hearted Ale and Oberon. At the reception, we received so many compliments on the venue's food, the service of the wait staff and the bar tenders as well as the overall ambience of Cherry Creek's Lakeview Ballroom. We highly recommend Cherry Creek to any guest for their wonderful staff, food and beverage and accommodations!

2017-02-04T09:52:03 Response from the vendor

Holly, thank you for your kind words! Wishing you and Bill the best.

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Whitney J

If you are looking for a wonderful planning experience along with an absolutely stunning venue, Cherry Creek is the place for you! From the minute we got engaged and started thinking about venue options, we knew Cherry Creek was high on our list. After visiting Cherry Creek for... Read More the first time there was no doubt in our minds that our wedding would be there. From our first interaction with the staff at Cherry Creek we were greeted with nothing but professionalism and respect. We were planning our entire wedding remotely, which can definitely add some extra stress, but their event director, Janelle was very accommodating to all of our needs and very helpful in making sure that the process went very smoothly. Cherry Creek hosted not only our ceremony and reception but also our rehearsal dinner in their Gallery. We had our wedding ceremony outside overlooking the lake and it was absolutely breathtaking. For our reception we rented the Lakeview, the Terrace and the absolutely gorgeous Conservatory. Our guests were in awe of Cherry Creek’s beauty and have not stopped raving about how excellent the food was! Everything was absolutely perfect and I could not have dreamed of a more magical venue!

2017-02-04T09:49:00 Response from the vendor

Whitney, thank you for this amazing review! We hope you and Carlos are enjoying married life together.

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Alexandra B

I could not have chosen a better venue for my wedding! From the beautiful scenery to the staff everything was amazing and Janelle made everything so easy!!!

2017-02-04T10:01:52 Response from the vendor

Alexandra, thank you for this review. Hoping you and Charlie are enjoying being newlyweds!