Cherry Creek Golf Club & Banquet Center

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Waterfront, Country Club, Restaurant

52000 Cherry Creek Drive, Shelby Twp, MI

Reviewed on 10/09/2015

I can't say enough about this venue. From the management to the planners, to the servers and the bartenders, we had amazing service and can't say one bad thing about our experience at Cherry Creek! I would recommend this venue to anyone looking for an elegant, beautiful and... Read More classy place to have a wedding. I have gotten numerous compliments on cherry creek from guests at our wedding. Janelle was amazing and helped us with whatever we needed in a timely fashion. They were flexible and accommodating in any way they could be. The guys had a golf outing the day before the wedding and there were about 20-25 of them and I haven't heard a negative thing about that either. We thank Cherry Creek for making our wedding day amazing. If we had to do it again we wouldn't hesitate to choose this place all over again.

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Holly J

If you are looking for a beautiful, well-kept venue that provides unparalleled service and exceptional food, look no further!Cherry Creek has it all! Christine, the Executive Director of Sales made the decision so easy for us to select Cherry Creek. She gave us a wonderful tour... Read More and answered all of our questions up front. We looked through photo albums of previous weddings at their venue and we signed our contract the same day! From there Janelle, the Director of Events was so helpful and put our minds at ease every step of the way in planning our wedding at Cherry Creek. This was critical since we live out of state. When we were in town, we could stop by whenever we needed to. We were able to host our rehearsal dinner right after the ceremony rehearsal at Cherry Creek. This option was extremely convenient for planning and also for our guests! Not to mention, the food was delicious! On our wedding day, the bridal party all met at our exclusive bridal suite to have our hair and makeup done. I was thrilled to have a place where we could relax for the next eight hours before saying "I Do". Cherry Creek served us mimosas, fresh fruit and baked goodies for breakfast. Mini wraps were served in the afternoon for lunch. Our first look took place with a stunning back drop of the golf course and the tallest trees. The venue's surrounding was so lush and green. The photos we got there were so beautiful! Our ceremony took place on the Lakeview lawn that overlooks the lake. We kept our ceremony decor simple due to the natural beauty of the property. The cocktail hour was fabulous! Our guests could not get enough of the crab cakes! And they served Bell's Two Hearted Ale and Oberon. At the reception, we received so many compliments on the venue's food, the service of the wait staff and the bar tenders as well as the overall ambience of Cherry Creek's Lakeview Ballroom. We highly recommend Cherry Creek to any guest for their wonderful staff, food and beverage and accommodations!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Whitney J

If you are looking for a wonderful planning experience along with an absolutely stunning venue, Cherry Creek is the place for you! From the minute we got engaged and started thinking about venue options, we knew Cherry Creek was high on our list. After visiting Cherry Creek for... Read More the first time there was no doubt in our minds that our wedding would be there. From our first interaction with the staff at Cherry Creek we were greeted with nothing but professionalism and respect. We were planning our entire wedding remotely, which can definitely add some extra stress, but their event director, Janelle was very accommodating to all of our needs and very helpful in making sure that the process went very smoothly. Cherry Creek hosted not only our ceremony and reception but also our rehearsal dinner in their Gallery. We had our wedding ceremony outside overlooking the lake and it was absolutely breathtaking. For our reception we rented the Lakeview, the Terrace and the absolutely gorgeous Conservatory. Our guests were in awe of Cherry Creek’s beauty and have not stopped raving about how excellent the food was! Everything was absolutely perfect and I could not have dreamed of a more magical venue!

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Alexandra B

I could not have chosen a better venue for my wedding! From the beautiful scenery to the staff everything was amazing and Janelle made everything so easy!!!

Reviewed on 11/05/2016 Sarah D

Our wedding in September at Cherry Creek was incredible! We could not have asked for a more courteous and attentive staff throughout the process. They were very quick to respond to any questions we had throughout the entire planning process and were very accommodating to make... Read More our day perfect. We had the Terrace and Conservatory room which provided an amazing view and allowed us to have our cocktail hour on the beautiful patio. We could not have anything better to say about the venue, food, and staff. Our day turned out perfect! We are still getting complements on how great the venue looked, how great the food tasted and how courteous the staff was that night. A huge Thank You to Janelle and the entire Cherry Creek staff on making our wedding day perfect!

Reviewed on 11/05/2016 Traci K

After touring Cherry Creek, my fiancé and I knew it was where we wanted to have our wedding! Not only was Cherry Creek a stunningly beautiful location for our ceremony and reception, but the staff and coordinators were wonderful, friendly, and very accommodating. The food was... Read More delicious, and the service was impeccable. From the moment we finalized our wedding date, the staff at Cherry Creek was nothing but wonderful!! It made our planning so much easier! Everything about our special day was beyond magnificent. Janelle was a pleasure to work with, along with all of her staff. Janelle responded to numerous emails and phone calls within minutes. Our wedding day was everything I hoped and dreamed for. All in all our entire experience with Cherry Creek far exceeded our expectations and I would highly recommend this venue to anyone!

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Amy M

Our wedding was just over a year ago, and I am still receiving compliments on our venue. Everything was absolutely perfect! Janelle, was such a great resource through the entire process. I've had friends that got married at other venues making decisions and checking on the... Read More set-up the day of their wedding. My experience was the exact opposite. I didn't have have to answer any questions, or worry about anything. The team had everything set up perfectly. The day of our wedding started off cold and rainy. Janelle knew that I wanted to get married outside, so she had everything set up with heat lamps, and said I could wait until 30 min before to decide. The sun ended up coming out just before the ceremony and we were able to have our outdoor wedding. Most places would have forced us to be indoors, but Janelle knew how important it was to us, so she made it happen. We also had many guests with special food requirements. Two of our guests are vegetarian. They liked their meals so much, so the chef wrote down the recipe for them. Another one of my guests wasn't eating the pasta. One of the staff members noticed, asked how she could help and learned my guest couldn't eat marinara sauce. So the staff member brought out a separate pasta for her. You don't see this type of service at most venues! The view is gorgeous, the food is great, and the staff are amazing. Overall, I would highly recommend this venue!

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Anna A

My wedding on August 27, 2016 at Cherry Creek could not have been more perfect! From the first meeting with Christine over a year ago to the Cherry Jubilee to the night of the ceremony, I was thoroughly impressed with the service. Being the bridezilla that I was, I needed... Read More answers immediately regarding the venue. Janelle was animate about responding quickly. She constantly reassured me that everything would be perfect and none of my details would be overlooked. And then there's the food. OH. MY. They had so many choices and we were able to specialize some of the dishes, even the afterglow. They were able to accommodate all of our guest's allergies with no question. The bartenders, along with the other waitstaff, were extremely friendly and paid close attention to the needs of the bridal party. I highly suggest any event at this venue!

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Jaclyn D

Our wedding was June 30th, 2016 and it was picture perfect. Every last detail was amazing and nearly brought me to tears before walking down the aisle. Our coordinator Janelle brought my vision to life and it was more beautiful than I could have even imagined. Everyone I have... Read More talked to has told me mine was the best and most elegant wedding that they had ever been to. I will never forget the amazing service and treatment we got from both Christine and Janelle at Cherry Creek. They are complete assets to brides and grooms to be.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Amin E

We did our wedding at Cherry Creek Golf Club at Sept 2016. Very beautiful place. Awesome staff! and unbelievable food! We worked with Eric to plan our wedding. He was helpful, always available and very caring. All the staffs were awesome. They were kind, seems excited all the... Read More time and very experienced. The food was great! We are not from US but every one from our family loved the food. All of our international friends also loved the meal. All of my American friends and co-workers still talk about how delicious was the food that night. Every body Enjoyed the night! Thank you Cherry Creek staff for making this happen!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Kendall F

This venue was absolutely perfect! It was beautiful inside and out and the food was delicious. The staff was so helpful and went above and beyond to make sure that my wedding was perfect. Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Renee M

Overall.... the best ever is right! The location, the staff, the food. We have only heard amazing feedback from our guests. We can only say "wonderful". So glad we chose Chery Creek.

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Lisa N

We were married on 7/9/16 at Cherry Creek in the Conservatory room. Overall, we had a very positive experience with Cherry Creek. Starting with the staff, we found they were very easy to work with and extremely prompt to get back to us with all our questions. Janelle was very... Read More professional and always had a positive attitude. It was a beautiful venue and everyone raved about how well it was organized and the high quality of food.

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Jessica B

My husband and I were highly satisfied with Cherry Creek. We had a Sunday brunch wedding on July 31, 2016. The staff was friendly and helpful. The food was delicious, and the hall was beautiful. We recommend Cherry Creek to any couple who wants a perfect wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Caroline W

If you are looking for a venue that is beautiful inside and out, this is the place! The outdoor patio, adjacent to the banquet rooms, has a breathtaking view of the well-manicured golf course and pond; great for photos! The banquet rooms are beautiful as well and have stately... Read More windows that bring the outside in to provide a magnificent atmosphere. Management and staff were extremely helpful with all aspects of planning. They offer numerous menu choices for all budgets. The dinner we provided our guests was delicious and we continue to receive compliments on the hors d'oeuvres, main course, dessert table, and afterglow. Cherry Creek's sincere desire to please and attention to detail made the process of having our wedding there stress free. We also had our wedding shower at Cherry Creek and it, too, was wonderful!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Caroline W

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Erin H

We were married on 7/9/16 and it was the most perfect day. Our reception in the Lakeview and restaurant rooms at Cherry Creek was everything we could have wished for. From the very beginning, Christine answered all of our questions and helped us make decisions. As it got closer... Read More to the big day, Janelle was so patient and helpful. She answered every email and phone call promptly. The whole planning team was so organized and made it so the evening went very smoothly. Cherry Creek had an event in the spring where all couples could come and taste appetizers and late night snacks and sample bar cocktails. This was a great opportunity for us to see different vendors and make our final menu choices! The food was absolutely delicious! So many guests have told us that it was the best meal they’ve ever had at a wedding. The dinner and late night snack were beyond our expectations. The ultra premium bar provided every drink that our guests could ever possibly think to order. The grounds speak for themselves. The patio was a perfect spot for cocktail hour and for guests to hang out throughout the night. The reception and bar area are elegant and beautiful. The wall of windows looking out at the pond is absolutely gorgeous. Our wedding reception at Cherry Creek was a dream come true!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Kate L

It was truly a dream come true to have our wedding here. The venue was beautiful, the food was delicious, and the people who you work with are very understanding and flexible.

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Jennifer B

Cherry Creek is absolutely amazing! Our wedding was on 9/16/16. We booked the Terrace/Conservatory after getting tons of recommendations for it. We had our ceremony outside on the patio and our reception indoors. The view of the lake and golf course, the windows.. Oh my... Read More goodness. This place was a dream! Janelle, the wedding coordinator, and all the staff were beyond amazing and super professional. Janelle made sure time and time again that I had everything I wanted and she was super easy to stay in contact with throughout the whole process. I never once had any issues or concerns, it was truly a stress-free wedding. The food was amazing and our guests constantly rave about the venue and food.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Sumir S

Cherry Creek Golf Club was the PERFECT setting for our wedding ceremony and reception! We wanted an outdoor ceremony and the golf course with the lake view was exactly what we were hoping for. Christine and Janelle were an awesome team and by the time the wedding date arrived,... Read More they felt like close friends. They instantly understood our blended family dynamics and helped come up with compromises throughout the whole process. They were organized, professional, and personable. They were very accommodating to any special requests we made. We felt that they truly cared about our vision and our wedding day. There are tons of food options (including vegetarian choices) and everything was delicious. There are two beautiful bridal suites on the lower level, which were essential for our large bridal party to get ready/change outfits. We cannot wait to go back to visit and relive the day!

Reviewed on 8/07/2016 Aimee N

If more stars could be given, I would. This venue is beautiful! Tons of huge windows overlook a pristine golf course. The food is the best wedding food I've ever tasted and you get SO MUCH! The entire staff is friendly and helpful. Janelle is the coordinator and she is amazing!... Read More I was told multiple times throughout the day that I was too calm to be a bride on her wedding day, and they were largely the reason why. I didn't have to worry about a thing and they try to make everything as easy as possible!

2016-08-22T12:16:46 Response from the vendor

Aimee, thank you for such an amazing review and for your kind words about our staff! We are so happy that you were able to enjoy your day, stress-free. Hope you're enjoying married life!

Reviewed on 8/07/2016 Melissa M

Our wedding at Cherry Creek could not have been better. The venue is beautiful, all of our guests raved about the food, and the staff were friendly, professional, and really seem to care about their clients and making sure the day is absolutely perfect-which it was!!

2016-08-22T12:13:00 Response from the vendor

Melissa, thank you for taking the time to write this awesome review! We are so happy to hear that you and your guests had such a great time.

Reviewed on 8/03/2016 Erin S

From the very first meeting we knew that Cherry Creek was going to be amazing. We booked the conservatory room and could not have been more happy with it. Both the ceremony and reception were held at Cherry Creek. Janelle was our planner for our event and she was... Read More AMAZING!!!!!!!!! We loved her. She was very attentive and on the ball for everything we needed or could have ever wanted. The food was amazing, our guests are still talking about the food. The staff treated us amazingly. The room I had to get ready in was set up so nicely and very roomy. I cannot speak highly enough about them and loved every minute we had to spend at Cherry Creek!

2016-08-22T12:10:37 Response from the vendor

Erin, thank you so much for this great review and also for your kind words about our staff! We are so glad that your day was everything you hoped it would be.

Reviewed on 7/24/2016 Rachel C

How can you describe a group of complete strangers who work tirelessly to make your dream a come true? I feel nothing but thankfulness to all the staff at Cherry Creek, complete speechless for the care and consideration that went into making sure not only where the things I... Read More deemed important tended to, but that everything and everyone was taken care of. From the first site visit when Janelle captured my heart with her silliness and joy, to a million emails in-between, to our ceremony and then reception ending at 1am in the morning, Cherry Creek made my husband and my wedding day a dream come true! Most importantly, my family had nothing but kind things to say, including "the food was unmatchable. Best wedding food I've ever had." and "Most fun, enjoyable wedding I've ever been to." Family happy, bride and groom happy; I think that rewards an A+ to Cherry Creek. I would recommend Janelle and golf club to anyone. Thank you all!!!

2016-08-22T12:09:07 Response from the vendor

Rachel, thank you for this AMAZING review! It was a pleasure working with you and Zakk. Hope married life is treating you both very well, and one more thing... #LGRW!

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Shannon R

Janelle helped us every step of the way and we had amazing support the day of the wedding. The staff was so nice and so helpful - you can tell they care about their customers and making their special day all that it should be.

2016-08-22T12:07:04 Response from the vendor

Shannon, thank you so much for your kind words. We're happy that we were able to contribute to making your day such a success!