Chestnut Hill Bed & Breakfast

Garden, Historic Venue, Hotel, Tented

Planning

236 Caroline Street, Orange, VA (888) 315-3511

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 He will know W

The venue was beautiful without a doubt. Upon meeting Troy and Kathleen I was delighted to have had them apart of my wedding staff and be able to have them as my venue. However, upon a misinterpretation of a conversation of misplaced bins. Troy got in my face (I am the bride)... Read More and yelled at me on my wedding night. He gave me a nasty attitude as well. I paid over $5,500.00 to have my wedding there and I got the worst customer service from them. He really misinterpreted our conversation of me accusing him of stealing. I never said it and for him to yell at a woman and treat someone (anyone) is inexcusable, especially for the price we paid. I will NEVER recommend this venue to anyone. (Btwx try to delete this review again... I will post every day if needed. Everyone needs to know how poor their service is. No one should ever speak to a woman like he did to me. Unexcuseable behavior coming from someone who is suppose to be a professional).

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 Jacques P

The venue was great. The tent was amazing. When we first came to the location. I told my fiance that there was something about the owner troy that I didn't trust. He seemed like a great salesperson. Like a used car salesman. The day of the wedding, the employees at chestnut hill... Read More set everything up, but then nothing else. We were told that the employees would be directing people the entire time, and making everything easy for us. Our guests had no idea where to go, or where to sit. Troy told us to not worry about a wedding planner, because troy and Cathleen would ensure we had no worries. This was not the case. Cathleen was rude to myself, my fiance, the make up artist, the photographer, etc...... Once the reception started, we never saw another employee from chestnut, including troy or cathleen. The absolutely worst part was that when we were packing up, we couldn't find one of the tubs we had brought. My fiance went and found troy and told him that it must have been misplaced by someone who works there. Hlake apped on her saying that no one there would have stolen it. We never said it was stolen . he ended up finding it and proceeded to get extremely rude with my now wife. I went to talk to him to try and diffuse the situation. I explained that it was probably a miscommunication. He snapped on me saying he doesn't appreciation being called a theif. Again I explained we didn't accuse anyone. He wouldn't listen. Finally I told him I'm done with him and cursed at him, and walked off. He ran up behind me telling me he will have my entire party off the property in 5 minutes if I didn't calm down. Told him that he needs to calm down because he was the one chasing me. He said I picked the wrong place to do that. I agreed and said I did pick the wrong place. I should have chosen fawn lake

Reviewed on 9/29/2015

Had our wedding there on August 1st this year. Absolutely wonderful experience! The whole team was a great help in organizing the event, and the wedding day went very smooth. They were there every step of the way! Loved the option to livestream the ceremony. Our oversees... Read More friends really appreciated it. The place is pet friendly, so we managed to include our golden retriever in the pictures. Oh, and all our guests loved the place! And I quote "This is the most beautiful wedding we've ever been to". Highly recommend it to anyone!

Reviewed on 6/02/2015 Stephanie V

Our wedding date was May 16, 2015. I cannot say enough positive comments about Troy, Kathleen, and the whole staff at Chestnut Hill! Troy was amazing from my very first meeting with him. He listened to what kind of wedding I envisioned and my budget and offered spot on... Read More recommendations for all of the individual vendors I needed to get in contact with (Food, DJ, Florist, Cake). During the rehearsal Troy was very professional and thorough with the party letting everyone knew exactly what part they played! However, all of Troy's hard work explaining the process and lining everyone up by the beautiful fountain was ruined the next day by thunder showers. Despite the rain, Troy and Kathleen were well prepared with a contingency plan and ensured that my wedding went as smoothly as possible and that my guest stayed happy while having to move to under the tent. As far as the house and location, you cannot find a more beautiful spot!! The grounds are very well kept and the new additions to the walk way and tent saved my wedding! I highly recommend renting the house for the weekend if possible as the beautiful decor will make you feel like you are living in a fairy tale! We invited a few family members and friends to join us for drinks in the "groom's den" after our rehearsal dinner and everyone fell in love with the space. The breakfast served on Saturday and Sunday morning was to die for! Troy's cooking is just as wonderful as his hospitality! The whole experience was amazing and we can't wait to return for our anniversaries!

Chestnut Hill #fergtofull

Reviewed on 1/04/2015 Melissa F

We chose Chestnut Hill one year before our wedding. At our initial meeting with Troy--he was awesome. We selected a smaller wedding package; but, as time passed, we realized we wanted a larger wedding. Troy did not miss a beat--he even provided alternative quotes. In the... Read More end, we reserved the Inn for our wedding party for the weekend of October 11-12. We were a rowdy bunch--staying up late on both nights. The entire staff was awesome and always available. Troy and my planners worked awesome together and Kathleen (his wife) helped with everything. The breakfasts were amazing. The venue was spectacular. Our wedding weekend was a blast. Every person that I came into contact with at the wedding said that Chestnut Hill Bed and Breakfast was perfect. Because of the venue's beauty, every photo was beautiful. I would recommend this B and B to anyone--wedding or weekend getaway.

Amazing Wedding Venue with Top Notch Service

Reviewed on 11/20/2014 Britney E

Troy and Kathleen go above and beyond to make every wedding at their B&B perfect. From the first day that I spoke with Troy, he did everything he could to take the stress out of my planning process. First, he offered to hold their one open weekend (they had a cancelation... Read More otherwise booked solid for 12+months) until I could make the trip down to see the venue in person. He also assured me that he would hold it for another 10 days after that for us to make our decision. After I saw the venue, I knew it was where we would get married. I looked at one venue and it was enough! The Inn is gorgeous. And the wedding package includes so much for a great price it was really a no brainer. During that same first visit, Troy also helped to secure hotel blocks at local hotels. Talk about going above and beyond! Troy also had wonderful suggestions for our other vendors. He pointed us to our caterer who provided an awesome menu and an astoundingly great price, our DJ who KILLED IT, our florist that was reasonably priced and delivered beautiful flowers, and our rehearsal dinner venue. This is a one stop shop. Weddings are their job. They take it seriously. They know the business. They put customer satisfaction #1. They are complete professionals and awesome at what they do!

Couldn't Have Asked For More

Reviewed on 9/11/2012 Krystal E

We just had the most fabulous wedding weekend at Chestnut Hill Bed & Breakfast. Kathleen and Troy were incredible hosts to our family and friends, and everyone raved about the food. It was so great to have the entire weekend to celebrate with close family and friends in such a... Read More lovely, warm, and inviting place. Kathleen and Troy really did everything possible to make sure our ceremony and reception was seamless and flawless, from getting last minute clothes ironed to coming up with a quick plan for our ceremony when it rained. The tent was amazing and everyone was in awe at the amazing views and the beautiful home they have made. We can't wait to go back and celebrate our one year anniversary! Thanks so much for making the most important day of our lives extra special Kathleen and Troy!! - Krystal and Bailey

Wonderful and Amazing Wedding Weekend

Reviewed on 7/02/2012 Harriet F

Kathleen and Troy were amazing hosts. Our wedding weekend was perfect. They made our families feel so welcome and at home the entire weekend. We had a wedding that we will never forget. We would definitely recommend Chestnut Hill to anyone seeking a venue in Orange for the... Read More wedding. -- Harriet and Jason