Book Your Wedding with Childress Vineyards

A BACKYARD IN LEXINGTON, NC

Childress Vineyards in Lexington, North Carolina, provides a stunning and unusual location to host a wedding event. The winery is in the style of a Tuscan villa and surrounded by vineyards spanning 35 acres of land. The heavy architectural beams, iron chandeliers and textured walls of the winery provide a setting filled with Old-World charm and an inviting atmosphere. The property’s lake, pristine grounds, beautiful courtyard with fountain and endless vineyards offer countless opportunities for memorable wedding photos. Guests have the opportunity to tour the state-of-the-art winemaking facilities, taste the award-winning wines and even purchase their favorites to take home with them. Childress Vineyards has numerous indoor and outdoor venues for a wedding ceremony and a reception.

Winery Grounds. Couples can choose numerous outdoor sites on the winery for a ceremony location. The bride and groom can exchange their vows under the gazebo while wedding photos taken by the stone staircase, facing the vines or by the lake have a beautiful backdrop at sunset. Up to 300 guests are accommodated at any of the sites. Indoor options are available in inclement weather.

Winery’s Main Floor. This reception area comprises of the Banquet Hall, the Grand Foyer, the Bistro and the Terrace. The elegant Banquet Room features Tuscan-style decor, vaulted ceilings and hardwood flooring. It offers 2,200 square feet of space. The main floor accommodates up to 300 guests.

Barrel Cave and Barrel Room. These atmospheric venues are ideal for a more intimate wedding reception. Up to 50 guests enjoy dining amid barrels of aging wines. The candlelit spaces have a cozy feel and feature striking rock architecture and oak barrels.

Grand Pavilion. As an alternative reception venue, the Grand Pavilion is set apart from the other venues and situated amid the vineyards. Offering 360-degree views of stunning scenery, it accommodates up to 300 guests.

The expert event staff at Childress Vineyards provides an impeccable service and liaises with the couple to ensure the wedding event is planned and coordinated to perfection. All catering services are provided by Childress Vineyards and the chefs are happy to create a customized menu to meet the couple’s requirements.

A wedding ceremony package at Childress Vineyards includes a choice of outdoor ceremony site, ceremony chairs, a ceremony rehearsal as well as the setup and breakdown of the event. The bride has access to the private dressing room while the groom has private use of a separate area.

Each wedding reception at Childress Vineyards includes a full event setup and breakdown service, planning consultations with the wedding coordinator, tables and chairs, a list of preferred vendors and easy access to the rental areas used by the vendors. Couples can add linens and centerpieces for an extra fee.

The Signature Reception Package includes full use of the winery’s main floor for six hours, ending at midnight. The main floor includes the Grand Foyer, the Bistro, the Banquet Hall and the terrace. The Barrel Room and Barrel Cave Reception packages are for less than 50 guests who are given complete private access to the reserved venue for six hours, concluding at midnight.

Hosting a wedding event at Childress Vineyards has extra perks:

• A security officer is present
  • Winery attendants on hand
  • A wine tasting voucher included with the catering package
  • A wine order customized with private labels
  • Reservations made for photo sessions include use of the private bridal suite and three hours’ access to the grounds and winery
  • Complimentary wine tasting for the bride and groom included
  • Winery tasting packages are available

Childress Vineyards

Luxuriously adorned and furnished, Childress Vineyards offers immaculate settings, with pristine grounds, an elegant banquet hall and special, intimate spaces for all your guests. Our vineyards, lake provide and winery provide a stunning backdrop for any wedding ceremony, where 300 people can be easily accommodated. Featured Photographers: Shala Wills Photography; Alexa's Photography; Michelle Robinson Photography and Grace Hill Photography

• Outdoor - Covered

Backyard, Ballroom, Vineyard

Food + Catering

1000 Childress Vineyards Rd, Lexington, NC (336) 236-9463

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 10/10/2011 Amanda W

I loved Childress Winery. The site is breathtaking, and the staff go above and beyond what is expected of them. My wedding went perfectly all thanks to Amy and the rest of the Childress Staff. Their goal is to make sure you get exactly what you want. I have no complaints and I... Read More never had issues with them. If you are in the Triad area, this is THE place to get married.

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 DeLisa W

I would give Childress 100 stars if I could. We planned our wedding from the state of Alabama. From the time we took a tour until the send off on our wedding night, Childress has been nothing short of perfect. We had the privilege of working with Suzanne. She walked us... Read More through a detailed check list to make sure every angle was covered. We had family design and cover our reception decor and Childress staff supported them every step of the way. I am overjoyed that we selected Childress and I encourage everyone else to as well.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Caitlin M

We had our rehearsal dinner at Childress and it was perfect. The banquet room was decorated with their beautiful wooden tables and was dimly lit which made for an intimate setting for us to to be with our closest family and friends before the big day. The food was delicious,... Read More wine was great and the service and help we received throughout the planning process was outstanding.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Hayeon W

My husband and i had our wedding ceremony and reception here in July. Childress was the first and only venue we've looked at. ;) The scenery is beautiful and needless to say, we didn't need any decor for our ceremony outside by the steps. The way leading up to steps is gorgeous... Read More and it had roses bloomed along side. I felt like a princess coming down the steps while my husband sang to me. Amy and her staffs are very attentative and accomadating. She was very responsive to my emails and to my other vendors. Honestly once I narrowed down all my vendors and gave Amy the list of them, she took it from there. I didn't need to hire a wedding planner other than the day-of director. For our reception, we had stationed appetizer for social hour then plated dinner. Food was exceptional! The chef and server staffs did a great job. I was very happy with it. I've gotten our pictures and videos back and am still very happy with our venue choice. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is looking to have a elegant yet nature - filled wedding.

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Heidi S

My wedding day was made absolutely perfect thanks to the staff at childress.. it poured rain on my wedding day and stopped just in time for the ceremony to be held outside.. but the staff at childress went above and beyond to make my wedding perfect and I will forever be... Read More grateful for them! Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Kelly M

We had our wedding here in May 2016. The experience was beyond our every expectation! Amy and her staff create a calm, comfortable, collaborative process to ensure everything goes perfectly on your day (you can tell they have done this a time or two)! Childress itself creates a... Read More dreamy setting for any wedding. They truly have everything you need in close proximity for your big day. A lovely hotel is on site for out of town guests to stay, bridal/groomsmen suites are available, and if you are like us you can have your wedding outide on the grounds and then move right inside to the banquet hall for the reception. It was perfect! No driving, no directions, and most importantly, no one calling the day of saying they were lost! So glad we had the pleasure of working with this vendor for our big day! Would highly recommend if you want stress free planning that leads to a perfectly beautiful day!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Kelly T

My fiancé took me to Childress for my birthday. We absolutely loved our experience, the wine, the service. We really cannot say enough about his beautiful venue.

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Erin S

We could not have asked for a more perfect wedding day! Childress is the perfect venue and we love that we can come back to the place we said our vows anytime. Amy is the wedding coordinator and she was SO easy to work with. She really helped guide us through the process and... Read More made sure everything happened just like we wanted. We received countless compliments throughout our reception on how beautiful the venue was, how good the food and wine was, and how hard the staff was working. You could tell the staff was well trained and knew what to do when. Everyone tells you "something will go wrong" and to expect it, but not one thing went wrong on our wedding day and it was definitely thanks to Childress and staff. The venue is absolutely beautiful and the reception room was everything we had asked for. We also got some amazing wedding photos in the vineyard. You will always remember the details of your wedding day, and Childress made ours perfect.

Reviewed on 6/03/2016 Lexi K

Childress Vineyards was the perfect venue for our wedding reception! The staff was very helpful and accommodating from the start, and they really made the reception come together flawlessly. I can't say enough good things about them. The vineyard itself was beyond beautiful. Our... Read More guests stayed at the hotel overlooking the vineyard so it was the perfect location for the amount of partying that took place. We highly recommend Childress Vineyards!wedwedding

Reviewed on 11/15/2015 Jenny D

We chose Childress because it was a special place that meant a lot to us and we were willing to travel from Raleigh to make it work! It is also an incredibly stunning venue! Amy Parrish, the event coordinator, was accommodating beyond belief! She was great at collaborating with... Read More us on every single detail and was highly organized and professional-definitely qualities that I needed in someone coordinating the wedding! The banquet staff and Chef were also fantastic, we were so happy that we chose this venue!

Excellent

Reviewed on 11/08/2015 Jennifer M

We used Childress vineyards as the location for our wedding ceremony and reception. They were incredibly helpful every step of the way and they were a great value. I would definitely recommend them!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 9/09/2015 Meghan O

Amy Parrish is the SWEETEST person to work with. She made everything we could have asked for happen! She even asked us questions for things we had never thought of. Overall she made our event at the vineyard run so smoothly. Our guests have said numerous times that this was the... Read More best wedding they've ever been too! I was more than pleased!

Amazing Wines

Reviewed on 11/12/2014 Crystal H

The bride and groom chose an assortment of Childress wines to serve to their guests at both the rehearsal dinner and reception. The reviews were glowing and the costs of some very nice wines were extremely reasonable. Highly recommend!

Beautiful Sunset Wedding

Reviewed on 11/04/2012 Tina B

We chose to hold our rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception at Childress for convenience to all our guests. Everything went perfectly. Ashley Frye was extremely easy to work with and met with us several times to discuss things down to the tiniest details. The food was... Read More delicious and the staff made throwing a wedding look easy. The setting was beautiful. I would definitely recommend Childress Vineyards! Cost estimate includes everything from rental of the facility, food, wine, etc.

AMAZING

Reviewed on 5/18/2012 Britney C

this place is nothing short of amazing and beautiful. The staff goes above and beyond and are very accomodating. we plan to go back for every anniversary!

A Truly Wonderful Expience!!

Reviewed on 11/02/2011 Angela D

My name is Angela. My husband, Buddy & I had our wedding at Childress Vineyards. We both wanted a vineyard wedding and once you lay eyes on the Childress propert, not to mention the extremely warm, very engaging and super friendly staff, we knew this was it! We live in NYC, so... Read More we knew all planning would be a bit of a challenge, from afar. Although, my main contact, Amy Parrish, always helped to make me feel at ease. She is extremely organized, efficient, and gracious, definitely on top of her game at all times. She is their main even specialist, who also coordinates with the food & wine director, Krimson Wilson and also with Chef David, who are all very accomadating and highly professional. Amy really let me be as detail orientied as I felt, & she offerred advice when I asked..& when she saw it was needed. I really appreciated this. This team at Childress made helped to ensure that not only the wedding day was as beautiful and what I had been envisioning for months, but their execution on that day and the impeccable service was what truly impressed me. I learned throughout all of this that at the end of the day, if I could look at arounf the room & see smiling faces having a wonderful time, then that was what we had set out to accomplish! Thanks Amy, Krimson, Chef & all of the dedicated satff at Childress! Angela & Buddy

Wonderful

Reviewed on 10/25/2011 Jessica R

My wedding was absolutely beautiful, the staff at Childress Vineyards were accommodating to us and brought anything we needed.

Beautiful in the Rain

Reviewed on 6/22/2011 Lisa S

Unfortunately it rained on my wedding day. The ceremony was suppose to be outside. Despite the thunderstorm, the venue had a great lobby that made the ceremony romantic and intimate. Great location with multiple places for rainy back up plans.

Absolutey Fantastic!

Reviewed on 6/07/2011 Lisa P

They did an UNBELIEVABLE job. I can honestly say my wedding was my dream wedding! They made every single detail matter and did not mind that I was super micrmanaging them down to every detail! They were just amazing to me!

Wonderful venue

Reviewed on 11/05/2010 Carmen M

Amazing experience!!!!

Review for Childress Vineyards

Reviewed on 8/26/2007 Jodi F

Great Location for your wedding indoors or out and a reception.;Great location. Seating inside is small but they can sit outside on the Terrace or in another room with tables.

Meet The Events Director

Amy Parrish

Meet Amy Parrish, Event Specialist at Childress Vineyards. Amy's been at Childress for over nine years and assisted with over 300 weddings. With a keen eye for detail and a passion for beautiful events, Amy and her team work with every bride to ensure their dreamy day at Childress Vineyards is flawlessly executed.