Chris Saraiva - DJ Entertainment & Lighting

RI, MA + Destinations

Dance, You Won't Stop - Stare, You Won't Turn Away

Why me? Good question, yet I can't answer that for you. Choosing the right person to host your wedding is not about price, it's not about gimmicks and it's not me telling you that I'm great and better than the rest. It's about your personality and my personality either clicking or not! It's simple!

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Latin, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Acushnet, MA
RI, MA + Destinations

Reviewed on 7/21/2015 Camille Z

Chris was the DJ at our wedding at OceanCliff and he did a phenomenal job! He was so easy to work with and we could tell he was a true professional from our very first meeting. Since we live in New Hampshire, we were able to accomplish some of our meetings over the phone, which... Read More helped to saved a lot of travel time for us. When our wedding day arrived, everything went off without a hitch. I was so confident in Chris's abilities that I never once looked at the clock or checked if things were on schedule - he was in total control of the situation and checked in with us when necessary. Chris did a great job mixing in some classics for the "older" family with a lot of fast paced music for the younger crowd; this kept everybody on the dance floor for the entire night. Thank you for making our wedding amazing, Chris!

Dance Party!

Reviewed on 2/04/2015 Kayla S

When we started planning our wedding there were three things on our must-have list... beautiful venue, amazing food, and lots of dancing! Chris certainly helped us create the "party" that we were hoping for at our reception! Chris is down to earth, professional, and easy to work... Read More with! After many suggestions, he helped us decide some of the important dance songs at our wedding (first dance, mother/son, cake cutting). He also accommodated all our requests (high-energy, some Portuguese music), in particular. Our guests danced the night away and raved about how much fun they had. We owe a lot of that to Chris!! We also had Chris do the uplighting at the reception. We pretty much left it to his choice/discretion and he certainly did not disappoint! The lighting gave it the room the final touch and brought the whole look together. Totally worth every penny!! The overall experience at any wedding relies heavily on how good (or bad) the dj/band is. Chris will certainly combine his experience and your requests to make your wedding reception the best one ever!! I highly recommend him!

Declared by Guests the "Best Wedding Ever"

Reviewed on 10/12/2014 Mary C

There is a lot that goes into a great party. Having the right people, the right location and good food are all very important. But, in my experience, the DJ/Music is what truly drives or ends a great event. Truer words could not be written for our wedding. With all of our... Read More invited guests traveling in from out of town, our actual guest count was lower than what was expected. Being in a larger room made us all a little nervous. Would our guest count be too small for the event? We also had an awesome outdoor space, overlooking the Newport bridge. ..And because the weather was fantastic the bar was moved to the outside, fantastic for the guests but less than ideal to get folks on the dance floor. Well Chris pulled off the ultimate challenge, cat herding these folks to be engaged and dance their behinds off the entire night! It's been over a month since our wedding past and people are still coming up to us, saying this is the "Best Wedding Ever". These individuals memory of our event is a direct correlation of Chris' amazing skills and talent! Getting to the "Best Wedding Ever", Chris coached us in several session, regarding what it would take and what he needed from us, to make it the event we always wanted. Additionally he set up an outdoor system and managed the music for our actual wedding. Chris' down to earth vibe, made it easy and comfortable to work with him. He was the one DJ that we interviewed that didn't have a cheesy tone. Also Chris' price was simple and easy to understand. In fact his base package included exactly what we wanted. Other DJs may appear to be less expensive .. start to probe and you will quickly see additional costs into your estimate. In short, Chris makes the ultimate DJ! Wildly talented, reads the crowds, adapts as needed, is a wonderful coach and is all around a nice guy. I can't want to find another excuse to work with Chris again! - Mary

Reviewed on 11/06/2015 Leah H

Chris was awesome! The planning process was smooth and he had great recommendations the entire way in terms of song choices and timelines for our night. We have been receiving compliments of what a great DJ he was from a lot of our guests. We chose a non-traditional venue in a... Read More restaurant and Chris ran with it. He kept us on time, dealt with any issues that arose and was so kind and professional while doing so. We also were asked by the restaurant venue for his information because they thought he did such a great job. When someone from the industry asks for that information, you know he was good. Thank you so much, Chris!!

Reviewed on 11/05/2015 Tim D

Chris dj'd our wedding over Columbus Day weekend 2015 and I have to say - he was the vendor we worried least about. We met with him very early on in the wedding planning process (about 15 months out, he was the second vendor we chose) and at that point we knew basically nothing... Read More about wedding planning. (At this point I think I have a PhD in wedding planning but back then I was a freshman.) But fortunately, he did - and at our first meeting he asked us about 1,000 questions - which helped all 3 of us figure out what kind of wedding the 2 of us wanted. Over the next year he kept in touch to make sure we were all still in sync - and we always felt very confident that he would kill it on the big day. To be totally honest, I don't think I could remember one individual song that he played - the day itself is blurry about details. But one thing I do remember is that at one point in the middle of the reception I was getting hot in my suit and wanted to go outside to cool off, but it was a good song, so I was like, "Well, I'll wait a song." But then the next song was great. And the next. I never did get that cool-down break. As we've talked to our friends, each and every one has commented (unprovoked) that they have never been to a wedding with such good music (and we are talking about people who have been to 20 wedding over the past 3 years.) Every song was awesome and even as they spanned genres and decades, they all flowed, kept the party going and got everyone on the floor and having fun. One of my favorite parts of looking at the pictures so far has been to realize how packed the dance floor was and how everyone was hot, sweat, smiling and grooving. He also did a great job at the emceeing stuff (introducing the wedding party, the toasts, etc) and the uplighting looked AWESOME. The venue went from glamorous mansion (during the cake cutting) to nightclub with the flick of a switch - exactly what we had requested. FOUR THUMBS UP FROM NYC!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 ana c

7/18/2015 Wedding Chris is very professional and very talented!! We did not have to worry about the timeline, he handled it all!! We were able to have an amazing time without any of the worries. Everyone was on the dance floor all night long! I still have my wedding guests... Read More talk about how much fun our reception was and that we had the BEST DJ !! We had the lighting as part of our package, this is a must! My reception venue was breathtaking with all the lighting, it sets the mood and my reception was soft and romantic.. just like I wanted. Thank you Chris for being a part of our wedding and for helping us create such wonderful and fun memories.

Reviewed on 10/19/2015

Chris is the absolute best! My husband and I clicked with Chris and Nelly immediately and we knew we made the right choice for our wedding! Chris, you are a kind, fun, and intelligent professional who loves what he does and it really shows in your work. We couldn't be more... Read More pleased choosing you to be apart of our special day. You're punctual, organized and go above and beyond. If you want your wedding to rock and your guests to keep talking about it weeks later, hire Chris Saraiva!!

Best DJ around!!

Reviewed on 10/02/2015 kelly m

I usually don't write reviews but I felt compelled to write this one. Chris was the DJ for our wedding at the end of August and I could not have been happier with his services!! I knew he would be perfect from the first consult. He is organized, easy to work with and fun!! By... Read More far the easiest wedding vendor to work with. He even gave me some great tips for our wedding time-line when I was unsure of what to do (he clearly has more experience with weddings that I ever did). I am still getting rave reviews from our wedding, everyone loved the music and kept asking me who our fun DJ was!! Chris understood our vision and made it come to life!! A good DJ really does make the party and I so happy that we went with Chris!

Reviewed on 10/02/2015 Kara M

We got married at Belle Mer on 9-19-15 and it was amazing!! Chris did such a great job, he had everyone dancing!! From our grandparents to our friends everyone was on the dance floor. The lighting he did was also perfect, it looked great with the venue. We are SO happy we chose... Read More Chris our DJ!! He really made our wedding special! I would recommend him in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Charlene T

I am so happy that we booked Chris as our DJ!! he was always a pleasure to speak with, he is truly a professional and I wouldn't hesitate to book him again. The day of my wedding he handled everything as expected, and kept my guests happy by sticking with the mood in the crowd... Read More playing the best songs! My family always gets excited when we find out he will be the DJ at a wedding we are going to because we know we will have a great time!

Reviewed on 8/23/2015 Emily L

If you read nothing else on this review page, know that Chris Saraiva should be first on your list! Chris moved the reception along perfectly and kept everyone dancing and having an amazing time all night. Choosing vendors for a wedding (and depending on them) can be stressful,... Read More but you can absolutely rest assured that Chris will take care of everything on his end. A DJ is so important to the life of a party, and he will far exceed expectations. We can’t thank Chris enough for helping to make our wedding night the most fun night of our lives, and we give him our highest recommendation! Thanks Chris and Nelly!

Kept the dance floor packed all night!

Reviewed on 7/06/2015 Tara B

My Dad was a DJ when I was growing up, so not just any DJ would meet his approval. We met Chris and my Dad grilled him with a bunch of questions, and lets just say Chris nailed the job interview. He is such a professional! He has an easy to use online portal that helps the bride... Read More and groom select songs. When I was unsure of what I wanted for our ceremony, he gave me amazing suggestions. You get three planning meetings with Chris, in which he discusses every detail and gets to know who you are as a couple. The night of the wedding his exceeded our expectations. He played songs that we requested and also used his creativity to select songs that would appeal to everyone. By doing so, our dance floor was packed the whole entire night. We chose up-lighting in our package, and it transformed our venue in such a beautiful way. The up-lighting boxes he uses are white and small, and they blend right into the backdrop. Other DJs use big, black boxes that are an eye sore. Chris is experienced, classy, fun, and a true professional! Thank you Chris!!

Reviewed on 6/23/2015 Tiffanie S

Where do I begin? Since the moment I walked into Chris' studio I knew he was the D.J. I wanted for my wedding. (plus all the word of mouth referrals and great reviews were a big help). Chris was so welcoming. I really appreciated how he wanted to get to know us, get a feel for... Read More our relationship, all so he can make sure that he gave us the best entertainment for the night. Throughout the wedding planning process Chris was there to help with any decision making questions I brought up to him. Wedding day, I wasn't worried about a few things because I knew I made the right choices. Chris was definitely one of them. He was so open to our wacky ideas and made our grand entrance definitely a memorable one. The rest of the night was just as amazing as the beginning. The lighting was exactly how I pictured, and the music...WOW. He knows the chemistry of the dance floor that's for sure. He made sure everyone was out on the dance floor. Not only did Chris become our D.J. for our wedding night but we gained a friend in the process and to me, that means a lot. If your looking for an experienced, amazing, and fun DJ Chris Saraiva is the one. Worth every penny.

Reviewed on 5/12/2015 Kristina V

Music at your wedding is one of the most important things (in my opinion anyway). When we first met Chris it was an easy choice and there was no question that we wanted him to be our DJ for our wedding. He is knowledgeable and passionate about what he does. During the planning... Read More process Chris helped us with questions and suggestions and provided us with honest feedback about how thought certain things would play out. Chris also provided the ceremony music for our day since the venue was all the same and was able to help us fine tune songs for that piece. The DJ is also your MC for the night and Chris was excellent at saying the right things, names and checking in with us through out the night. The dance party was amazing. Chris read the crowd so well and have both young and old dancing. It was everything we wanted and more. People did not want to leave! Thank You Chris!

Reviewed on 11/12/2014 Shannon D

Thank you for making our wedding SO MUCH FUN!! People were on the dance floor all night long. You absolutely helped to create the vibe that Chris Mahoney and I were looking for. You tolerated all of my questions, helped us figure out music selections when we were stumped, and... Read More even changed up our cocktail hour vibe just days before the wedding after we changed our minds at the last minute. You're the best!! Thanks for making our wedding the Best.Day.Ever Shannon & Chris

Wedding Bliss

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Kaley F

My now husband and I met Chris about a year before our wedding. From the very begging Chris is a true professional who is honest and knows his stuff. He helped us choose songs and find "the good parts" when we need to cut down the length of a particular song. His online website... Read More is easy to use and outlines your entire day, leaving you knowing what the day will look like. Chris calmed our nerves and made us remember it was about us and nobody else. Chris's personality separates him from the norm! He's amazing and will give you everything your looking for. We couldn't have been happier with his work!

Reviewed on 10/12/2014 michelle a

We first met Chris when he was the DJ for my friends wedding and we knew right away we were having him for our day "one day". Then it was time to start planning and when we met Chris for our first meeting we knew he was defiantly the guy. He is so easy going, kind hearted and... Read More so knowledgeable with what he does you can just feel that he loves what he does. He got everyone on the dance floor immediately after our introduction and we knew it was going to be an amazing night. With all the planning that goes into your wedding me and my husband never came around to writing our song requests for the day but knew we were in good hands. He played everything we would want to hear on our special day. He is amazing and a must!!

Highly Recommend!!

Reviewed on 9/17/2014 Christina C

Chris did an AMAZING job at our wedding and we could not have been happier that we chose him for our special day. Since the wedding, we have gotten so many compliments on our DJ and how much fun people had dancing at our wedding. The dance floor was packed all night long with... Read More people of all ages. The music was tailored to our taste and was appealing to all of our guests. Chris meets with you several times before the wedding to get to know you and to customize the music to the specific wedding. He made us feel like our wedding was just as important to him as it was for us. Chris also supplied the uplighting for our wedding and it brought the room to a whole other level. He was able to control the mood with the music and the lighting all night long and made it a night to remember! The whole thing went off without a hitch. We would highly recommend Chris to anyone we knew who was planning a wedding. Thanks so much Chris!!!

Best DJ hands down!!!

Reviewed on 7/29/2014 Juliana M

Chris is incredibly professional and knowledgeable at what he does. He has a way of getting to know the crowd and making sure everyone is having a great time. Working with Chris throughout the wedding planning was a great pleasure for both me and my husband. Every couple is... Read More unique and has their own story on what makes them clique. Chris got a sense of us as a couple and what we liked. We will absolutelly be recommending Chris to all of our friends and family!

Best DJ Everrrrr!!!!

Reviewed on 7/23/2014 Ana S

Where to being?! First thing, Chris Saraiva is by far the best DJ! From the very first consultation, my husband and I knew he had to be part of our amazing day! Chris is extremely organized and professional. Let's face it, planning a wedding can be stressful but with Chris, you... Read More don't have to worry! His online website will help you organize your songs and he will go over everything, including giving you a printed time line of your big day (Yes, you even get your personal wedding planner!). Feel free to tell him anything you want because it's your day and he will MAKE it happen. He had guests of all ages up on the dance floor all night and played music that everyone loved. He is awesome, and we wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone looking for a professional DJ for their wedding or any event! Thank you so much Chris for making our reception a rocking party for us and our guests!

Everything you want in your DJ/Entertainer!

Reviewed on 7/23/2014 Melinda N

My husband and I were lucky enough to book Chris as our DJ/Entertainer. He will hands down impress you. We had attended a couple weddings he had done before getting engaged so the second the ring hit my finger I knew I wanted Chris! He's fun, energetic, and knows his music!... Read More He always encourages you to make your event reflect you as a couple and we really liked that. If it's in your budget I would definitely get his up lighting package. You will LOVE the way your reception looks with this special touch! Thank you Chris - you were awesome!

BEST DJ in the area!!!

Reviewed on 7/14/2014 Amy S

I highly recommend Chris to any future bride and groom for his DJ and uplighting services. Chris is a talented professional who puts his clients needs and vision into reality; even when a client isn't too sure of his/her vision! He stays in contact with this clients throughout... Read More the planning process and is always available to talk and answer questions. All 286 guests at our wedding were up dancing for the majority of the night, some even before the dancing portion started. Our guests are still talking about how great the music was and how much fun they had!!! I had all confidence in Chris to run the show and he delivered above and beyond my expectations!

Awesome DJ

Reviewed on 5/30/2014 Marissa H

Choosing Chris as our DJ was one of the best decisions that my husband and I made in regards to our wedding! He had everyone dancing from the first song which was something that we had not seen and have rarely seen since our big day. The mix of music was amazing and kept... Read More people on the floor all night. We were married last August and people are still talking about the amazing atmosphere of our wedding. He was a constant professional throughout the whole planning experience and throughout the big day. We would highly recommend him! He is simply the best!!

Very Talented Wedding DJ

Reviewed on 5/14/2014 Glen G

Chris was a true professional from beginning to end. His meetings were very organized and he was always available when we had questions. We liked the fact that Chris took the time to get to know us and to learn what type of crowd he was going to be entertaining. Thanks to... Read More Chris we had an incredible event. The energy at the reception was high all night. Chris also did an outstanding job suggesting and providing beautiful music at our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour.

Best dj

Reviewed on 5/04/2014

Chris was the dj at my wedding this past July and he was amazing kept everyone on the dance floor all night played some Portuguese music for my Portuguese family and the lighting made the whole venue look amazing! I am so glad we choose him for our wedding and would recommend... Read More him to any one who is looking for a dj thanks again Chris!!

Chris Saraiva

What is there really to know about me.... I share my life with the most amazing woman Nelly. Together we raise three children; Madison, Tyler & Alec. I'm an only child and come from a pretty small family but that just makes us all closer. I like to have fun in life, laughing and getting other people to laugh is something I love. Music is my therapy, I feel like there is a song for every event that has taken place in my life. Some people think I'm OCD but I like to call it super organized and clean. :) I'm running out of space here so let's continue this when we meet....