Chris Saraiva - DJ Entertainment & Lighting

(35)

RI & MA + Destinations, MA

Dance, You Won't Stop - Stare, You Won't Turn Away

Why me? Good question, yet I can't answer that for you. Choosing the right person to host your wedding is not about price, it's not about gimmicks and it's not me telling you that I'm great and better than the rest. It's about your personality and my personality either clicking or not! It's simple!

Specialties

Ceremony DJ, Coordination Services, Lighting, MC Services

RI & MA + Destinations, MA

Dance Party!

Reviewed on 2/04/2015 Kayla S

When we started planning our wedding there were three things on our must-have list... beautiful venue, amazing food, and lots of dancing! Chris certainly helped us create the "party" that we were hoping for at our reception! Chris is down to earth, professional, and easy to work with! After many suggestions, he helped us decide some of the important dance songs at our wedding (first dance, mother/son, cake cutting). He also accommodated all our requests (high-energy, some Portuguese music), in particular. Our guests danced the night away and raved about how much fun they had. We owe a lot of that to Chris!! We also had Chris do the uplighting at the reception. We pretty much left it to his choice/discretion and he certainly did not disappoint! The lighting gave it the room the final touch and brought the whole look together. Totally worth every penny!! The overall experience at any wedding relies heavily on how good (or bad) the dj/band is. Chris will certainly combine his experience and your requests to make your wedding reception the best one ever!! I highly recommend him!

Declared by Guests the "Best Wedding Ever"

Reviewed on 10/12/2014 Mary C

There is a lot that goes into a great party. Having the right people, the right location and good food are all very important. But, in my experience, the DJ/Music is what truly drives or ends a great event. Truer words could not be written for our wedding. With all of our invited guests traveling in from out of town, our actual guest count was lower than what was expected. Being in a larger room made us all a little nervous. Would our guest count be too small for the event? We also had an awesome outdoor space, overlooking the Newport bridge. ..And because the weather was fantastic the bar was moved to the outside, fantastic for the guests but less than ideal to get folks on the dance floor. Well Chris pulled off the ultimate challenge, cat herding these folks to be engaged and dance their behinds off the entire night! It's been over a month since our wedding past and people are still coming up to us, saying this is the "Best Wedding Ever". These individuals memory of our event is a direct correlation of Chris' amazing skills and talent! Getting to the "Best Wedding Ever", Chris coached us in several session, regarding what it would take and what he needed from us, to make it the event we always wanted. Additionally he set up an outdoor system and managed the music for our actual wedding. Chris' down to earth vibe, made it easy and comfortable to work with him. He was the one DJ that we interviewed that didn't have a cheesy tone. Also Chris' price was simple and easy to understand. In fact his base package included exactly what we wanted. Other DJs may appear to be less expensive .. start to probe and you will quickly see additional costs into your estimate. In short, Chris makes the ultimate DJ! Wildly talented, reads the crowds, adapts as needed, is a wonderful coach and is all around a nice guy. I can't want to find another excuse to work with Chris again! - Mary

Simply.. the best!

Reviewed on 4/24/2014 Devin C

One of the best decisions that my husband and I made was to go with Chris Saraiva for our DJ! We had several vendors fail us on our wedding day - seemed like everything was going wrong - until we got to the reception. Chris and Nelly went above and beyond to make the rest of our wedding day go very smooth... Chris got everyone on the dance floor from the first song and the dance floor was full the entire night. With an encore at the end! Chris and Nelly are a fantastic duo for photography and music/entertainment. We put all our trust in Chris re. song choice and selections and it couldn't have been more perfect! What a PARTY!! Even my husband danced all night.. and he never dance. Would recommend Chris and Nelly to anyone and everyone! They are the best... simply stated!

Best.Day.Ever

Reviewed on 11/12/2014 Shannon D

Thank you for making our wedding SO MUCH FUN!! People were on the dance floor all night long. You absolutely helped to create the vibe that Chris Mahoney and I were looking for. You tolerated all of my questions, helped us figure out music selections when we were stumped, and even changed up our cocktail hour vibe just days before the wedding after we changed our minds at the last minute. You're the best!! Thanks for making our wedding the Best.Day.Ever Shannon & Chris

Wedding Bliss

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Kaley F

My now husband and I met Chris about a year before our wedding. From the very begging Chris is a true professional who is honest and knows his stuff. He helped us choose songs and find "the good parts" when we need to cut down the length of a particular song. His online website is easy to use and outlines your entire day, leaving you knowing what the day will look like. Chris calmed our nerves and made us remember it was about us and nobody else. Chris's personality separates him from the norm! He's amazing and will give you everything your looking for. We couldn't have been happier with his work!

PARTY STARTER!!

Reviewed on 10/12/2014 michelle a

We first met Chris when he was the DJ for my friends wedding and we knew right away we were having him for our day "one day". Then it was time to start planning and when we met Chris for our first meeting we knew he was defiantly the guy. He is so easy going, kind hearted and so knowledgeable with what he does you can just feel that he loves what he does. He got everyone on the dance floor immediately after our introduction and we knew it was going to be an amazing night. With all the planning that goes into your wedding me and my husband never came around to writing our song requests for the day but knew we were in good hands. He played everything we would want to hear on our special day. He is amazing and a must!!

Highly Recommend!!

Reviewed on 9/17/2014 Christina C

Chris did an AMAZING job at our wedding and we could not have been happier that we chose him for our special day. Since the wedding, we have gotten so many compliments on our DJ and how much fun people had dancing at our wedding. The dance floor was packed all night long with people of all ages. The music was tailored to our taste and was appealing to all of our guests. Chris meets with you several times before the wedding to get to know you and to customize the music to the specific wedding. He made us feel like our wedding was just as important to him as it was for us. Chris also supplied the uplighting for our wedding and it brought the room to a whole other level. He was able to control the mood with the music and the lighting all night long and made it a night to remember! The whole thing went off without a hitch. We would highly recommend Chris to anyone we knew who was planning a wedding. Thanks so much Chris!!!

Best DJ hands down!!!

Reviewed on 7/29/2014 Juliana M

Chris is incredibly professional and knowledgeable at what he does. He has a way of getting to know the crowd and making sure everyone is having a great time. Working with Chris throughout the wedding planning was a great pleasure for both me and my husband. Every couple is unique and has their own story on what makes them clique. Chris got a sense of us as a couple and what we liked. We will absolutelly be recommending Chris to all of our friends and family!

Best DJ Everrrrr!!!!

Reviewed on 7/23/2014 Ana S

Where to being?! First thing, Chris Saraiva is by far the best DJ! From the very first consultation, my husband and I knew he had to be part of our amazing day! Chris is extremely organized and professional. Let's face it, planning a wedding can be stressful but with Chris, you don't have to worry! His online website will help you organize your songs and he will go over everything, including giving you a printed time line of your big day (Yes, you even get your personal wedding planner!). Feel free to tell him anything you want because it's your day and he will MAKE it happen. He had guests of all ages up on the dance floor all night and played music that everyone loved. He is awesome, and we wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone looking for a professional DJ for their wedding or any event! Thank you so much Chris for making our reception a rocking party for us and our guests!

Everything you want in your DJ/Entertainer!

Reviewed on 7/23/2014 Melinda N

My husband and I were lucky enough to book Chris as our DJ/Entertainer. He will hands down impress you. We had attended a couple weddings he had done before getting engaged so the second the ring hit my finger I knew I wanted Chris! He's fun, energetic, and knows his music! He always encourages you to make your event reflect you as a couple and we really liked that. If it's in your budget I would definitely get his up lighting package. You will LOVE the way your reception looks with this special touch! Thank you Chris - you were awesome!

BEST DJ in the area!!!

Reviewed on 7/14/2014 Amy S

I highly recommend Chris to any future bride and groom for his DJ and uplighting services. Chris is a talented professional who puts his clients needs and vision into reality; even when a client isn't too sure of his/her vision! He stays in contact with this clients throughout the planning process and is always available to talk and answer questions. All 286 guests at our wedding were up dancing for the majority of the night, some even before the dancing portion started. Our guests are still talking about how great the music was and how much fun they had!!! I had all confidence in Chris to run the show and he delivered above and beyond my expectations!

Awesome DJ

Reviewed on 5/30/2014 Marissa H

Choosing Chris as our DJ was one of the best decisions that my husband and I made in regards to our wedding! He had everyone dancing from the first song which was something that we had not seen and have rarely seen since our big day. The mix of music was amazing and kept people on the floor all night. We were married last August and people are still talking about the amazing atmosphere of our wedding. He was a constant professional throughout the whole planning experience and throughout the big day. We would highly recommend him! He is simply the best!!

Very Talented Wedding DJ

Reviewed on 5/14/2014 Glen G

Chris was a true professional from beginning to end. His meetings were very organized and he was always available when we had questions. We liked the fact that Chris took the time to get to know us and to learn what type of crowd he was going to be entertaining. Thanks to Chris we had an incredible event. The energy at the reception was high all night. Chris also did an outstanding job suggesting and providing beautiful music at our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour.

Best dj

Reviewed on 5/04/2014

Chris was the dj at my wedding this past July and he was amazing kept everyone on the dance floor all night played some Portuguese music for my Portuguese family and the lighting made the whole venue look amazing! I am so glad we choose him for our wedding and would recommend him to any one who is looking for a dj thanks again Chris!!

Best DJ EVER!

Reviewed on 5/02/2014 bethany m

Chris is truly an amazing DJ! He was very professional, detail oriented, and kept the dance floor bumping all night long! He made everything run so smoothly, which is really important on such a BIG and sometimes hectic day! Our wedding guests had such a fantastic time, as did we. Chris also provided the uplighting, which took the WOW factor to a whole new level! We were so pleased to have him part of of our big day, and highly recommend him!

Great DJ

Reviewed on 5/02/2014 Sophia B

Chris did such an amazing job at our wedding and made everything run perfectly and smoothly! My husband and I could't be happier with the service he had provided for us. Chris was great and had great ideas and very helpful with details on our wedding day! Chris knows how to get everyone up and dancing until the last song! We absolutely loved working with Chris!! THANK YOU FOR MAKING OUR WEDDING DAY ABSOLUTELY AMAZING xoxo

Amazing!

Reviewed on 9/29/2013 Caitlyn B

Chris was absolutely fantastic and we could not have been happier with him! He kept people dancing from the first song to the last and our guests are still talking about him almost a year later. He takes the time to get to know you and gets a real feel of what kind of music is best for you and is a complete professional from beginning to end. We have recommended him to several of our friends and will continue to do so. Chris is the best decision you could make in your wedding planning process!

Great choice!!

Reviewed on 8/05/2013

Once we met Chris we knew that he would have to be the DJ for our wedding. Chris's professionalism, attitude and enthusiasm for his business is amazing. He has a great personality making him very easy to work with and get along with. Chris helped us every step of the way! He was very organized throughout the entire process. He kept everyone on the dance floor all night long! Chris is and will always be highly recommended by my wife and I

Chris' attention to detail was so comforting!

Reviewed on 8/01/2013 Stephanie R

Chris was such a great DJ for our wedding held on 9.24.11. His attention to detail was like no other. He has great taste in music himself so he was a great help when selecting music for our wedding. One thing we really appreciated about Chris was his honestly and how up front he was about everything. He was so easy to work with- it was like we were hiring a friend to DJ for our wedding. The day of our wedding he was so organized and helped out during every step of our reception. Our guests still talk about how our wedding was some of the most fun they have ever had at any wedding and it was one of the best days of their own lives too! He had everyone on the dance floor and having such a fun night.So if you are thinking about Chris for the job, you can definitely do so without any reservation at all!!

AWESOME!!

Reviewed on 7/31/2013

He did a fantastic job at my cousin's wedding, people did not get off the dance floor. Would definitely recommend him to anyone getting married..

BEST DJ!!!

Reviewed on 7/31/2013

CHRIS DID SUCH A GRAET JOB AT MY WEDDING. THE DANCE FLOOR WAS ALWAYS PACKED WITH PEOPLE AND A BUNCH OF MY GUESTS CAME UP TO ME THROUGHOUT THE NIGHT COMPLIMENTING HIS WORK. I WOULD RECOMMEND HIM TO ALL THE FUTURE BRIDES!

Chris Saraiva - MJ & Tom Nov. 12, 2012 Aldrich Mansion, Warwick, RI

Reviewed on 7/23/2013 Mary Jane M

Intro: Chris came highly recommended to us by our videographer Mike Picard – Cumberland RI. We had cards for a few DJ’s and had interviewed one other before meeting Chris in his very beautifully appointed studio in Mattapoisett, MA. Once we met Chris we knew we were all set, there was no comparison to the professionalism and confidence he demonstrated on our first meeting and on subsequent meetings. Planning: We had about four planning meetings with Chris which were very enjoyable. We got to know each other a bit, discussed the style and feel of the wedding and reception we were planning and really reviewed in detail the music that all three of us enjoyed (my fiancée, Chris and I). Chris really listens, thinks about the way the music will work with the venue, with the guests ages, and with the bride and grooms’ personal style. Sometimes we would ask him what he thinks for a particular selection and he wouldn’t give us an answer until our next meeting. He would really put his heart and soul into giving his best recommendation each time. Website: His website is modern and equipped to walk you through selecting all or some of you music. We liked that he had a searchable website (for music selections) and we could customize things easily on-line. Day of Wedding: Chris was on time and worked smoothly with all of the other vendors. The introductions went smoothly and the first dance music was just right! After the reception the event manager mentioned that she liked working with Chris and she thought he did a great job from her perspective. Meet Chris Saraiva and you will want to hire him. Hire Chris and you will be confident that the day of your wedding will run smoothly. All the best to you in your wedding planning! Sincerely, MJ and Tom

Best DJ in New England!

Reviewed on 7/23/2013 jeffrey d

From our first meeting with Chris we knew that he was going to be our DJ. His professionalism and enthusiasm made him the only choice, for what ended up being a truly amazing day. He made the process of choosing music and laying out the wedding timeline extremely easy. The wedding was kept on schedule and the dance floor was full from the very beginning. We received numerous complements about the excellent entertainment from all of our guests. We could not be happier with the service he provided. Chris defiantly went above and beyond to ensure we had the best day of our lives. My wife and I are very grateful for Chris, who we were not only lucky enough to have as our DJ but also as a lifelong friend.

Perfect choice!

Reviewed on 7/17/2013 Sarah W

Date of Wedding - 7/6/13 From the beginning, Chris was extremely professional, organized, friendly, and showed a genuine interest in my husband an I as a couple to make sure that the music he played at our reception was a true representation of us as a couple, and he did just that. He had people of all ages up on the dance floor all night and played music that the crowd loved. He chose songs based on what we liked, but also what he could tell our guests liked to keep them having a great time. We are still receiving compliments on Chris. He uses an online system to organzie all your special songs which makes it so much easier to look at. He makes sure that you are comfortable with everything he is going to do and say at the wedding, and was very accomodating throughout, especially since we had a lengthy list of country songs for our special songs, which isn't a normal thing for RI! Everything we talked about was done so perfectly, and he even threw in a couple extra fun things that we loved! He was great, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone looking for a great, professional DJ for their wedding. Thank you so much Chris for making our reception more like a great party for us and our guests!

Best DJ to have in sticky situations!

Reviewed on 7/16/2013 lindsey c

My husband and I were meant to get married in December 2011. Everything was all set to go, until my husband was denied entry to the US 3 days before the wedding (he is South African). Unfortunately we had to postpone the wedding. It was like something out of a movie! I had to call all my vendors including Chris. I was so worried we were going to lose out on some of the best vendors and all that investing. To my surprise Chris was very understanding and very supportive. He told me that he would be waiting for me and my husband for whenever the wedding was rescheduled. It was extremely reassuring to hear! One year later we had our wedding and Chris did an outstanding job! He is extremely sufficient and is full of suggestions and ideas. If you are stuck on song choices, he will give you several options and they are usually exactly what you were looking for! I found his feedback made my wedding day even more special because he tailored the entertainment to what I wanted. He is young and fresh and the perfect DJ for any occasion!

Send Email