Cincinnati Marriott Rivercenter

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Hotels often make excellent wedding venues for couples with out-of-town guests and the Cincinnati Marriott at RiverCenter is no exception. This elegant hotel is situated in the heart of the trendy RiverCenter Complex near downtown Cincinnati and has over 15,000 square feet of ballroom and banquet space with stunning city and river views ideal for urban weddings of any size.

The hotel is connected to the Northern Kentucky Convention Center via a skywalk and contains an indoor lap pool, fitness center and three restaurants. Dominating the circular foyer is a massive seven-story gazebo, the largest in the world. Couples who book weddings here with 100 guests or more receive a complimentary king room for the night of the wedding.

There are many different ballrooms and event spaces that can be configured to suit ceremonies and receptions of almost any size, including:

There are three Covington Ballrooms, which vary in size from 1,300 square feet to over 2,100 square feet. They can be connected to host up to 330 seated guests at a banquet reception (900 for a cocktail reception) or arranged for 80 seated guests in the smallest room.

As the name implies, these two ballrooms have gorgeous views of the river. Individually, they can accommodate 50 guests for a seated banquet or 100 for a cocktail reception. They can be connected to form one large venue that accommodates 100 seated guests or 220 guests at a cocktail reception.

This smaller event space is a standalone venue that can seat up to 60 guests for a banquet reception or 180 for cocktails.

These two diminutive rooms can seat up to 40 guests for a banquet or 120 for cocktails. Connected, they accommodate 70 seated attendees or 224 guests for cocktails.

The stunning lobby gazebo is also available for wedding ceremonies of up to 150 guests.

Couples can reserve their event space with a nonrefundable deposit due at the time the contract is signed, with the balance due in three installments prior to the wedding day. Special room rates are available to guests of the wedding and complimentary parking is available only for overnight guests. There is a 24 percent service charge on all food and beverage packages.

Catering and bar packages are available to suit different budget levels and the hotel provides all table settings and linens as well as seasonal centerpieces. Outside catering is not allowed.

Wedding reception services include:

• table set up including place cards and favors
  • champagne flutes
  • cake topper, knife and server

The couple can access the banquet space up to 90 minutes prior to the ceremony for decorating purposes.

The hotel event planner is available to help couples select vendors to provide other wedding services such as flowers, photography and music or they can hire their own coordinator.

Wedding packages include many amenities for the couple and their guests' enjoyment, but the following add-ons are available to make the day even more special:

• custom table linens
  • valet parking
  • champagne and chocolate strawberries in the newlyweds' room
  • breakfast for two the morning after the wedding
  • custom uplighting

Ballroom, Hotel

10 West Rivercenter Blvd, Covington, KY (859) 392-3720

More than I dreamed

Reviewed on 8/16/2013 Becky G

Just recently had my wedding reception here in June 2013. It was absolutely amazing to work with Christy and her assistant, Maggie. They were always on top of everything and helped with a lot of planning as well as money saving tips. I was even allowed to have a mock design day... Read More with the table linens and table runners to make sure that I would be happy with the choices that I had made. Even better was when Christy allowed me to stay at the hotel the night before the wedding instead of the night of the wedding. I have to say the best part was when I walked into the ballrooms. They are your typical convention rooms, which made me very nervous. But once I walked into the room with all the flowers, draping and lighting it made such a huge difference you would never have been able to tell what the room looked like before. Not to mention I did not have to stress about anything the day of the wedding and the service was absolutely excellent. I absolutely loved having my wedding here!

Wonderful!

Reviewed on 6/25/2013 Kathryn

We used the Marriott Rivercenter for our rehearsal dinner. They were very flexible and accommodating! The food was delicious and the staff was very friendly! Christy was such a wonderful person to work with!!

Amazing service

Reviewed on 6/10/2013 Michelle G

Working with Christy Alwell was fun and easy. She makes you feel like you are in excellent, competent hands and offers creative ideas and money saving tips. From the moment you walk into the door starting with the bellmen, the service is outstanding! The next morning when... Read More we left with all of our gifts and wedding paraphanalia everyone was soooo helpful and kind. They really make you feel like royalty! The food was phenomenal and the hotel is beautiful. I would reccomend it to everyone. We got a ton of compliments from our guests on the food, the outstanding service and the beauty of the hotel.

Reviewed on 2/12/2016 Stephanie D

I would love to write that I had as amazing of an experience with this Marriott as so many others have but, while it is a beautiful venue and the day of my wedding was fantastic, every other aspect of working with this Marriott has been a nightmare- from before to after. To... Read More elaborate- I began working with Heather, who from day one, cancelled her first meeting with us, the day of, and then was late to the meeting she rescheduled. This should have been my first red flag but, I was so in love with the beauty and location of this venue and assumed with a reputation like the Marriott's, that I thought maybe Heather was just really busy (it happens to the best of us!). From that point forward, getting any answers from or ahold of Heather at all, was nearly impossible-which was concerning but, at that point our wedding was still pretty far out and it was nothing urgent, and while the lack of response was very unprofessional, I let it go, as I knew she probably had a lot on her plate. About a month and a half before our wedding, I still had not heard a peep from Heather so, I attempted to contact her again, with no luck. After 3 weeks of not hearing back, I FINALLY received a call from Heather's replacement, Jennifer. Jennifer (who is unfortunately no longer there), was wonderful to work with up to and through our wedding reception. Having her come in was such a breath of fresh air and gave me hope that my wedding would still be wonderful. She had me quickly fill out a survey with choices for the day of, which were apparently supposed to have been given to me by heather about 3 months out and she took everything from there. The day of my wedding was stress-free, they upgraded our complimentary room to a suite and there was not a thing that went wrong the day of. The morning after the wedding was when things started going wrong again. After getting ready on our wedding day, I put my stuff in our suite and continued about my day- never assuming anything of mine would go missing. In the morning a bag of my things- including a cardigan, bra, steamer and shoes (all of which I had worn/used that day was missing. No one from the Marriott knew anything about but, there was no one else in our room- aside from the staff member that left us the sweet note and cake. They were so unwilling to work with on finding these that I gave up. When I asked for our cake vendors handmade cake tray and accessories back, they were and are still (2 months later) unable to locate any of the items and were unwilling to do anything to make the situation right until I flat out asked. 1 month ago, their Director of Sales and Marketing, Julie, agreed to reimburse our cake vendor for her misplaced items and she was given the cost to replace them. Our cake vendor is STILL waiting to receive the check. If you want a beautiful venue, with a great view, this Marriott is a good option but, that is about it. While the day of our wedding was great, before and after have been so stressful, and at this point an annoyance that we are even still dealing with the Marriott, that it was almost not even worth having it here. Maybe my standards are too high but, for a family spending thousands and thousands of dollars on top of having half of our guests reserve rooms (which our "discount" was more expensive than booking on their website) This Marriott has overall been very unprofessional and made us feel more of a nuisance than guests.

Reviewed on 6/02/2015 Molly L

Heather was amazing to work with. Our wedding was exactly how I envisioned. The Marriott handled everything and made the process so simple. They also worked with us to customize the menu. Our guests seemed to really like that the ceremony and reception were at the same place and... Read More then all they had to do was go upstairs to their room after the wedding. Would recommend this venue to any of my friends.

Perfect Rehearsal Dinner - Thanks Heather and Maggie

Reviewed on 11/21/2014

We had our rehearsal dinner at the Marriot Rivercenter in Covington, Ky. Heather and Maggie were able to meet and exceed all of our needs. I began the planning and initially started plans for our rehearsal dinner at the Marriott. During the course of our planning Heather also... Read More informed us that we would be eligible for a hospitality suite for the groomsmen the day of the wedding at no cost. Additionally we stayed there in a wonderful room on our wedding night. When we returned to the room after the big day, champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, and a handwritten wedding card awaited us from our hosts. My mom was so happy with the service that she planned a post-wedding brunch for members of our wedding party, family, and friends who stayed at the hotel during the course of the weekend. All in all, Heather and her staff helped make our wedding weekend one we will never forget for a very reasonable cost that met our budget. Thank you!!!

Perfect wedding

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Maria C

When my daughter got engaged, we started the process of looking for a venue. After going to a few other reception halls, we went to the Marriott Rivercenter and as soon as we met Heather, we knew this was the place. She was wonderful to work with and the wedding was perfect! The... Read More hotel and Heather went above and beyond to make my daughter and son in law have the wedding of their dreams. I would highly recommend them to anyone planning a wedding. All of the vendors she recommended were also great.

A Truly Wonderful Experience!

Reviewed on 9/19/2014 Elizabeth T

The Cincinnati Marriott at Rivercenter was more than we could have asked for or imagined in a venue! It's beautiful architectural structure and prime location in Covington within walking distance of downtown Cincinnati made for an amazing, unforgettable wedding weekend! The... Read More hotel staff was very accommodating with our many out of town guests in ensuring they had priority on rooms. We were beyond pleased with our rehearsal dinner in the River View Ballroom with a breathtaking view of the Cincinnati Skyline and a whole balcony to ourselves! Our wedding reception was held in the Covington Ballroom which was so inviting, and perfectly beautiful on our wedding day. Not only did the pure beauty of the hotel alone make our wedding weekend perfect, but there is something huge to be said about the remarkable service and staff throughout everything. Heather Paparella of the Cincinnati Marriott at RiverCenter went above and beyond to create the most perfect event I could imagine, not to mention our dream wedding. She was especially attentive to our wants and needs throughout the whole entire planning process. Her kindness and sincere care for us in making our event beyond perfect was something that could not be missed or compared to. We could not have ever dreamed of an event so special.We weren't the only ones who noticed it either. Throughout the event, our guests were coming up to us left and right expressing how impressed they were with the event. Many people expressed it was the best food they had ever eaten at a wedding! Our guests were also very impressed with the service throughout dinner, dessert, drinks, etc. She went above and beyond everything we could have ever imagined and working with her was a true pleasure!!!!! I would highly recommend Heather Paparella and the Cincinnati Marriott at RiverCenter for your wedding or any other social event!!

Elegant and beautiful reception with great service

Reviewed on 10/14/2013 Gazen Y

We had our wedding reception here, and they accommodated all of our requests! Every detail that I wanted was perfect and exactly what I wanted. The view was beautiful; there were floor to ceiling windows with the view of Cincinnati. The food was delicious, but a bit pricey. The... Read More wedding coordinator was very friendly and helpful throughout the entire planning process. The only problem we had was having a block of rooms set aside. We had family members try to book rooms, but our wedding wasn't in the system even though our reception was there.

Cincinnati Marriott Rivercenter

Reviewed on 1/31/2013 Alexa S

The hotel staff was extremely helpful and took care of setting up everything, and cleaning it up. They coordinated with all of my vendors directly, so I didn't need to worry about a thing. The morning of we had a huge room to get ready in with food and drinks waiting for us.

Loved my wedding here!

Reviewed on 9/24/2012 Abby L

My now husband and I spent a significant amount of time looking at venues while we were in town, since we live in Florida and always have limited time when we come back to Cincinnati. We knew we wanted to have our reception at a hotel because many of our guests would be coming... Read More from out of town and we liked the convenience of a hotel. When we saw the Marriott, we knew we loved it right away because of the big, beautiful gazebo and the location right on the river. Once we met Christy, the wedding coordinator there, we were sold. Christy was so easy to work with throughout the planning process and when she went on maternity leave she left us in the very capable hands of Maggie, her assistant, until she returned just three weeks before I wedding. Everything was executed so perfectly, right down to our every request and the banquet manager who took over the night, Randy, introduced himself to us before we even went into the reception and made us feel comfortable even after Christy left. The food was delicious and the candy bar that we decided on the week of the wedding was fabulous and a huge hit thanks to Christy! Our reception there earlier this month was everything we dreamed of and more!

spacious

Reviewed on 9/03/2012 Lucy O

well lit and very spacious.

Beautiful Ceremony Venue, Friendly Staff, and room

Reviewed on 8/08/2012 Shannon A

I used the Marriott Rivercenter for my wedding ceremony, hotel block, and wedding brunch the day after the wedding. Maggie and Christy were the two sales managers that worked with my family and I and they were very friendly and helpful. Upon arrival hotel workers greeted us and... Read More kept asking how they could make our visit more comfortable. Sometimes during the months of planning there would be glitches that I didn't like such as parking is a pain and your guests will have to pay, however e Marriott made up for it in other ways such as giving us the waffle bar complimentary waffle bar.. The gazebo gave me the perfect outdoor feel that I wanted being inside. I would highly recommend Marrio

Great place!

Reviewed on 7/06/2012 Bethany L

The Marriott is beautiful. All the event rooms are great. The guest rooms are nice. The staff is very accommodating. Service was outstanding. It was so convenient having the reception at the hotel where most of our guests stayed. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is... Read More because there was a miscommunication about the final bill which I found misleading. Fortunately, it got resolved but it was a hassle and would have been very dissapointed if they did not fix it for us. Overrall, a wonderful experience!

100% Satisfaction

Reviewed on 5/02/2012 Susan C

We had the rehearsal dinner here for our wedding and I am so glad we did! Most of our guests were coming in from out of town (including myself) but Cincinnati is my home town and it was important to me that our out of town guest got an amazing view of just how great the... Read More Cincinnati/NKY area really is. So the riverview room at the Marriott was perfect! They were very cooperative with our plans and our needs in the planning process and their service was above and beyond. The food was delicious, and I couldn't have asked for a better rehearsal dinner. Can't beat great food and drinks with a river view and a balcony to take pictures on!

2012-05-04T08:13:14 Response from the vendor

Susan, Thank you for the wonderful comments! It was a pleasure to work with you and your family and I wish your daughter and new son in law all the happiness this life can give. I hope our paths cross again. Thanks, Christy Alwell

Customer service is questionable

Reviewed on 12/20/2011 Layne B

This is a difficult venue for us to rate due to the mixed emotions we have. For the most part, our experience with The Marriott was great! Our sales manager was professional, courteous and helped deliver to us exactly what we wanted for our wedding reception. Everything was... Read More perfect until my husband and I returned to our room at the hotel after the reception. Several envelopes containing monetary gifts had been ripped open (they had checks in them) and as it turns out, several turned up missing (the ones with cash). When we filed the complaint to our contact, it was directed to her supervisor as this situation was out of her hands (understandably). The Assistant General Manager reached out to us after hearing about our situation. He apologized and explained that nothing like this had ever happened before. He stated that he was going to start an investigation and be in touch in a couple of days to let us know what he had learned. After a week passed and hearing nothing from the Assistant General Manager, my husband and I both reached out to the Assistant GM and left voice messages with no return phone call, no email, no acknowledgment. To date, three weeks have passed and we have received NO communication, formal apology nor any suggestions/offers on how to rectify what has happened. We have since filed a police report as The Marriott has STILL not done a thing for us from a customer service standpoint regarding this situation. Who knows? Maybe all someone had to ask was, 'What can we do to make this right?' but they didn't, which has, unfortunately, left a bad taste in our mouths after what WAS a perfect night. Advice: Have a family member or someone you trust collect your cards during your event. Whoever had access to the 'birdcage' we borrowed from The Marriott made out like a bandit and was probably laughing all the way to the bank. Too bad...Would have highly recommended this venue had we not been robbed.

Excellent location for wonderful wedding

Reviewed on 8/28/2011 Kio M

We chose this location, because it is a beautiful hotel with a tremendous view. We were married on Sunday July 24, 2011 and absolutely love this hotel. We live in Columbus, OH and chose this hotel, because it is the nicest Marriott in Ohio and have a great view of the skyline... Read More of Cinti. We were looking to maximize Marriott points, since I am a Platinum member, but this was so much more. The 7 story indoor gazebo made a spectacular location for the ceremony and cocktail hour. The Riverview room was perfect for our reception and gave a spectacular view of the river and skyline. Best of all was the food and service. Christy and Gabe made every detail perfect, so we could enjoy the day instead of worrying about what was next. The food was excellent, but the staff was even better. They were like extended members of our guests and made everything fun! Our guests loved their rooms and all raved about the food. Highly recommend this hotel whether for a wedding or any special event. We traveled down to Cinti atleast 5 times while we were preparing and stayed here each time. We love this hotel and will still find reasons to go back.

stress free!!!!

Reviewed on 11/16/2010 abby h

the hotel and view are beautiful and the staff is amazing!!!! i didnt worry about a thing the day of my wedding because i trusted everyone was great at their job and would take care of everything , i had the wedding of dreams and got to enjoy it

2010-11-16T11:43:49 Response from the vendor

Abby, Thank you for the wonderful review. It was a pleasure to work with you and I wish you all the luck and love in the world! Stay in touch. Christy Alwell

Review for The Marriott Cincinnati Rivercenter

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Stephanie S

I loved the feeling you received when you walked out of the elevators into the grand atrium with the waterfall walls. very relaxed and elegant. every staff member went out of their way to accomodate all of our guests and our wedding coordinator was amazing the entire planning... Read More period. the bars that we had set up in the reception worked out fabulous and the timing on the dinner and preparation was perfect. everyone raved about the rooms and the bedding and the space they had for groups to relax and get together.