The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Couples step into an oasis of serenity at the Circle S Ranch in Lawrence, Kansas. Nestled in gently rolling hills, the rustic charm of the country house and its surrounding fields envelop the bride, groom and their guests in a cocoon of calm. The couple and their guests experience a memorable wedding in the timeless and sylvan setting of this secluded getaway. Comprehensive packages are inclusive of breakfast and lunch for guests enjoying a two-day getaway.

Tranquility surrounds every guest attending outdoor ceremonies conducted in the shadows of ancient trees with an enchanting altar or trellis completing the picture-perfect frame. Chairs and benches are provided for suitable seating.

Fireplaces, central altars and exposed flooring in tinted warm hues add to the provincial grace of this indoor reception space. Exposed wood beam ceilings and floor-to-ceiling windows add to the grandeur of the Great Room.

The 3,000 square foot restored barn is the ideal bucolic setting for a fun wedding party. The striking central chandelier and additional twinkle fairy lights create a warm romantic ambience. High ceilings and exposed wood walls provide the backdrop to an unforgettable event in an enchanting venue. The large double doors can be opened up for a more alfresco feel to the affair.

The on-site bed and breakfast accommodations are designed for the convenience of the wedding party. The award-winning Circle S Ranch in Lawrence, KS, is included in the Knot's Hall of Fame for the year 2015. Featuring both indoor and outdoor spaces that are rustic yet include all modern conveniences, the venue is a quaint getaway for a couple that enjoys being surrounded by natural beauty.

The Circle S Ranch does not list any restrictions. All inclusions and add-ons are based on the wedding package chosen by the couple. Up to 200 guests can be serviced with standard linens, tableware and chairs. The venue offers a complimentary breakfast for guests staying in the on-site bed and breakfast.

The Circle S Ranch provides a picturesque pastoral setting for an extra-special country-themed ceremony or reception. The professional staff at the venue is dedicated to creating a dream day for the couple and their wedding party. Some of the extra perks that guests enjoy at this stunning venue are:

• Relaxation in award-winning pastoral surroundings
  • Hiking, biking and walking on the expansive grounds
  • Verdant backdrops for spectacular photography
  • Garden socials
  • Massage room

Circle S Ranch

Voted into The Knot's Best Of Hall of Fame, the Circle S Ranch is unlike any other venue. With guest accommodations on site, a 3,000 square foot Party Barn for receptions, and a beautiful outdoor ceremony site, the Circle S is the perfect location for your dream wedding weekend!

• Outdoor - Covered

Farm + Ranch, Barn, Garden, Hotel

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

3325 Circle S Lane, Lawrence, KS (785) 843-4124

My Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 10/15/2015

The Circle S Ranch gave me everything I could have ever dreamed of and more for my wedding. We had the most perfect weekend. Sarah Bronson was beyond amazing throughout the entire planning process and always answered my questions very quickly. Being able to have the ceremony and... Read More reception at the same venue was something I had always wanted. Having rooms available to stay in at the ranch as well as them taking care of all of the catering, alcohol, and rehearsal dinner, took so much of my planning stress away immediately.The beautiful decor of the party barn where the reception was held also eliminated a lot of my stress because I didn't have to worry about decorating or cleaning up afterwards. I loved that I could enjoy an entire weekend rather than just a wedding day with my family and bridal party. The wedding day went off perfectly without a single hitch thanks to Sarah. Everything was beautiful, the food was delicious, and the reception was the most fun I had ever had. Having so many things included in this venue pricing made it such a major value and well worth it. Sarah was also so great about communicating the costs of everything at the highest end upfront so that there weren't any surprises. I would HIGHLY recommend this venue to any bride and I will definitely be returning to the ranch for an anniversary weekend trip in the future!

2015-10-16T14:08:37 Response from the vendor

We cannot wait to see you back for the anniversary Meghan & Caleb! Thank you for choosing Circle S. We loved hosting your beautiful wedding!

Dream Weekend

Reviewed on 12/14/2015 Megan S

I did the Big Event package at the Ranch and it was the best idea I've ever had! My friends and family spent a wonderful weekend relaxing and reconnecting while preparing for the wedding. The staff were very friendly and always there to help and to answer questions but were... Read More never intrusive. The food and treats provided were delicious and we never wanted for anything. Our friends and family are still talking about what a wonderful experience it was and how they would love to go back! My husband and I are already discussing future anniversary getaways at the Ranch. I can't say enough nice things about this place and would absolutely recommend it as a wedding venue!

Couldn't Have Asked For Better!!

Reviewed on 7/30/2012 Amanda H

Circle S Ranch provided my husband Edward and I with the wedding of our dreams! We bought The Big Event package, which included the inn for the entire weekend, all the rooms, and the wedding and reception areas; we were completely impressed with the ranch! The food for the... Read More weekend was phenomenal! Be prepared to bring an appetite; they know how to feed their guests. The scenery was beautiful and our family that stayed with us at the ranch had nothing but wonderful things to say about the rooms, the food, and the buffalo roaming. Our wedding went just as planned; we couldn't have asked for anything better because the help at the ranch came through in a big way. They were readily available for all of our questions and needs, provided us with everything we asked for, and also did a lot of the clean-up after our reception had ended! Amy (the events coordinator) did a great job keeping everything organized and ensuring our wants and needs for the wedding were met; I have an intolerance for pork so they used no pork in any meal which I am sure was quite a hard feat considering breakfast is served with mostly pork products! They also did an excellent job of ensuring the privacy and satisfaction of our family throughout their stay; they are a very accommodating place and Edward and I have many memories for the years to come that we will cherish forever! We would recommend anyone having their wedding at CIrcle S Ranch; it will be the best decision you will ever make!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Christopher P

My wife and I held our reception at the Ranch after getting married at a nearby church. I can't imagine holding the reception anywhere else. Not only was the scenery gorgeous, but we had a double rainbow to compliment it! The staff are very accommodating and work hard to help... Read More you create the best experience for you. The seclusive nature of the ranch really helps to build up the event. You really exist in a little universe of your own creation out there, free of the worries and stresses of day-to-day life. Many people talk about the stresses that a wedding puts you through, but I have to say, I don't understand what they are talking about. My wedding week was so stress free, and that is due in no small part to the work put in by the Circle S Ranch. My wife might have played a part in that too :) All-in-all, I would highly recommend this venue to anyone for any reason.

2016-11-02T09:26:14 Response from the vendor

Hi Christopher. Thank you for your review. We are so happy to hear that you and your wife had a good experience with us at the Circle S Ranch. Please send us your email address via Facebook Messenger so that I can send you a... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 A S

My husband and I recently spent the weekend at Circle S Ranch and reminisced about our 2009 Circle S Wedding reception. Our friends and family still talk about what a great party it was, from the delicious Italian food to the late night bonfire. The staff took care of everything... Read More so we were able to relax and spend quality time with our guests. Circle S Ranch is one of the first places I like to show off when I have out-of-state visitors; it is a true representation of the Best of Kansas!

2016-11-02T09:27:32 Response from the vendor

Hi There, Thank you for your lovely review. We are so glad to have you a part of the Circle S Family. Please send us your email address via Facebook Messenger, we would like to give you a dinner voucher for 2.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Amanda O

I was convinced that I wanted a low-key, destination wedding. My husband (to-be) was convinced he wanted a big wedding. The Circle S Ranch was the perfect place for both. We celebrated with our closest friends and family from Friday-Sunday, and hosted a big wedding for a few... Read More hours Saturday evening. While it was the ability to have both a low-key affair and a large event in one weekend that drew us to the Ranch, the amenities and freedoms the Circle S Ranch provides are unmatched. The setting is stunning. The food is top-notch. The accommodations are comfortably indulgent. The staff is happy to help. And the setting is stunning! I am so grateful we found the Circle S Ranch for our perfect wedding weekend.

2016-11-02T09:24:07 Response from the vendor

Hi Amanda. Thank you for your wonderful review. We are so glad that you decided to have your wedding reception with us, and that you loved your stay with us. Please send us your email address via Facebook Messenger, so that I can email you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Sarah D

My husband and I had our wedding at the Circle S. Ranch the weekend of Oct. 8th, 2016. We booked the venue for the entire weekend, and our package included the rental of all rooms in their B&B, our rehearsal and rehearsal dinner, wedding, reception, and several meals. The... Read More package was definitely not cheap, but for what you are paying, you're getting all of the aforementioned. For us, it was totally worth it to be able to host our parents and wedding party for the entire weekend, and know that no one would have to stress about their travel and accommodations. Overall we had a fantastic experience with Circle S. We did have a wedding coordinator who helped with most of our planning, and she had been employed with the Ranch for several years as their Events Coordinator. Even when a new Events Coordinator was hired on mid-way thru our planning, she picked right up where ours had left off, and didn't miss a beat in quickly returning our emails or helping us with every last detail of our big day. I had many, many compliments from our guests on how delicious the food was, which was all prepared by the Ranch. Our one disappointment in the Ranch was that we were guaranteed we'd have full access by 9am on Friday morning, with rooms ready for check-in by noon. However, it seemed a group was double booked on Friday and the main inn was still occupied til close to 2pm. It did not end up being too big of a deal, as many of our guests didn't end up arriving til 2-3pm, but we did feel slightly inconvenienced, mainly - again - due to the price we're paying for this venue. Overall, however, the weekend went off without a hitch, largely in part to the staff that work at Circle S. and their attentiveness to detail and customer satisfaction. I'd absolutely recommend this venue to couples in the KC area looking for a truly rustic, romantic wedding experience. Thank you for giving us a weekend to remember for a lifetime!

2016-11-02T09:30:24 Response from the vendor

Hi Sarah, Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are so happy to have had you stay with us. I am going to send you a dinner voucher for 2 that can be redeemed at the Inn within the next year. We look... Read Less Read More

Big Wedding Package review

Reviewed on 12/12/2015

We got married on December 5th 2015 at the Circle S Ranch. We opted for the big wedding package, which includes all 12 rooms at the bed and breakfast for up to 24 guest, the ceremony venue, the reception venue and so much more! There is something about having 24 members of your... Read More family and closest friends under one roof for a whole weekend that makes the whole experience even more special! The service is 5 star quality! The staff make your whole family feel like VIPs, the food all weekend was phenomenal and I would highly recommend this is venue to anyone that asks!!! We checked in on Friday and had the rehearsal and dinner that night with our family and friends. Friday night they had a bonfire for s'mores. Woke up on Saturday to an awesome breakfast and then lunch later that day. We had the ceremony and reception Saturday night, followed by a midnight snack of pizza after the reception for the guest that stayed at the ranch. We got up Sunday morning to another wonderful breakfast before we checked out and went to the airport to start our honeymoon! It was truly a magical weekend and I could not have asked for more. By beautiful bride had the dream wedding she always wanted! I don't what our total cost for the ranch was...I will say that the price depends on the time of year. We chose December to try and save some money. The ranch can do indoor or outdoor weddings depending on what you want. Bottom line is this...I WOULD CHOOSE THE RANCH AGAIN ANY TIME NO QUESTIONS ASKED!!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

I got married at Circle S in the spring, and it was everything I dreamed it to be. The staff was amazing from the time we toured through the time we left after our wedding. They were always helpful and really got to know us while we stayed there for the weekend. I always felt... Read More good about our decisions and knew that we were taken care of. The Ranch not only housed our ceremony and reception but they took care of the catering and bar as well which took a lot of stress off our shoulders. The day went so smooth and I was blissfully unaware of any problems that may have come up. Everyone always had a smile on their face, and my family and friends still talk about how much fun they had. I recommend this venue not only because the staff is wonderful, the food was amazing, the views were divine, and the experience was perfect, but because the Ranch has become a home-away-from-home for my husband and I. It is so cool to know that we can come back year and year to the place where we started our lives together to see how things have changed, catch up with everyone, and relax all over again. Loved the Ranch and LOVED our wedding!

Wouldn't have done it any other way!

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Alexa D

We had the mot amazing weekend at Circle S celebrating with our family and friends! We purchased the biggest package allowing us to use the property for the entire weekend and utilizing both the ceremony and reception sites as well as the Inn. Our entire immediate families and... Read More wedding party including their spouses and kids were able to stay with us on the property at the Inn all weekend and it made for such a fun and exciting atmosphere for everyone. The landscaping is beautiful and makes for amazing pictures! We also used their catering services throughout our stay and all of the food was great! The staff is so easy to work with and is willing to go above and beyond to make the event exactly what you have envisioned and more. We hired Sara to be our coordinator the day of and couldn't have asked for anything more from her! Our day definitely would not have ran as smoothly as it did if not for her. My husband and I were so happy with how the whole weekend turned out and couldn't imagine using any other venue! It was perfect!

Our Circle S Experience

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Melissa B

I am so happy we chose Circle S Ranch for our wedding venue. It is the perfect location for anyone looking for a rustic venue surrounded by the most beautiful land. Sarah was incredible with helping us at the ranch! She made our experience seamless and stress free. The best part... Read More about the ranch is the option to make your wedding into a whole weekend. We had family and friends stay with us Friday and Saturday night and it really made it a special event for us. Thank you to everyone at the Ranch for helping us have the wedding of our dreams!

Reviewed on 10/09/2015 Marie H

My fiancé and I were very picky about choosing a venue because we both have different styles. A lot of venues we had visited were over priced and the staff was not very friendly. When we met Sarah she was nice and funny. We were trying to come by and have a tour but we had... Read More missed the tour time. She was very polite and told us she was still around and she would wait for us to arrive. Which was different because other venue staff did not care about us being out of their areas. It took us an hour to get there and she was just so chipper and sweet. We hit it off instantly. During the planning she was more than amazing. She responded quickly to emails and returned calls. Sarah basically helped me every step of the way. There were no hidden fees and I never expected to be overcharged for things because Sarah always told me up front what things were costing instead of me telling her what I wanted and her not giving me the prices until the end. If there was a $3 charge extra, Sarah would notify me. We met the owner and a lot of the other staff and never once were any of them rude or mean. Our rehearsal dinner was amazing! Everything was like I planned. There was always staff present during the day and early morning to assist with anything that our guests needed. Our ceremony was just as special. I cannot say anything bad about this venue. It was exactly what I wanted. For the money we paid and the way people treated us, I would recommend this venue every time! All of my guests kept talking about how great this place was and I couldn't have been any happier! I also liked the location. It is in the middle of no where and it forces families and friends to interact. After our rehearsal dinner we played games on the lawn and we had a s'mores bar compliments of the ranch. Circle S Ranch is by far the best and helped me have my dream wedding weekend!!!!

2015-10-11T14:41:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words Marie & John! We loved hosting the wedding, meeting the family, and helping along the way. We cannot wait to have you back soon!

Exceptional Venue and Hosts!

Reviewed on 10/06/2015

We had a wonderful experience with Circle S from start to finish. Sarah, our event planner through Circle S was extremely organized. The Ranch was beautifully arranged for our weekend of guests. The food was exceptional! All of our out of town guests had a wonderful time. Mary,... Read More the owner, went above and beyond to make our guests feel welcomed and part of the family for the weekend!

2015-10-06T09:05:44 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! We loved hosting the wedding and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Circle S Was My Dream Come True

Reviewed on 6/27/2015 Amy B

I loved the scenery at the ranch and the staff was very helpful. They helped my day go smoothly and that alone is amazing! It had rooms for the wedding party to stay at so we got to enjoy the whole weekend. This was important to me because most of my bridesmaids were from... Read More California. This place is truly magical and I will never forget my big day! :)

2015-06-28T13:28:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words Amy & Josh! We hope to see you again soon!

Ricky & Hannah's Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 4/21/2015

Our wedding starts with this beautiful venue. We bought the Big Event package. The bridal party stayed the weekend at the ranch which relived the stress and allowed us to visit with friends and family. The food was yummy and our reception was beautiful. The Circle S... Read More staff goes above and beyond to make the day special. Absolutely a dream wedding. Thank you Mary and Sara for helping make our wedding a fairy tale.

2015-06-28T13:29:07 Response from the vendor

We loved hosting Ricky & Hannah's wedding! Everyone was so lovely, and we hope to see you all again soon!

Amazing Memories

Reviewed on 11/01/2014 MacKenzie M

My husband and I had our wedding and reception at Circle S Ranch 11 years ago. It was everything I could dream of! The staff did a wonderful job seeing to all our wishes. My favorite memory was walking down from the inn to the ceremony site. It was such a gorgeous stage for a... Read More wedding with the sunset and the breathtaking views of the natural surroundings. It was the perfect start to a beautiful night and life together.

2015-06-28T13:29:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you out at the Ranch again soon!

Weekend wedding

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

My daughter was married at circle s ranch. We chose this venue due to multiple sets of family members coming from all over the country. We felt that we could all stay together and enjoy the weekend and visiting and getting to know one another if we booked the entire barn at... Read More Circle S Ranch. The entire weekend was fabulous.everyone enjoyed the ranch and the tranquil setting.there was as much or as little activity to do as one wanted.The party barn made for a fun and beautiful event setting. Pros of this venue:self-contained, norunning around trying to coordinate meals activities etc. the foodwas great.beautiful setting outdoors or indoors.Wonderful helpful nice staff.creative. Unique. Circle s will attempt to make everything exactly as you want it. They are very flexible. Cons of this venue; a little on the expensive side.be sure you understand what you are getting for your money. Everything is al a carte for instance you rent tablecloths silverware ......everything Overall.... We had a fabulous wedding and circle s helped us have the exact details that made it extra special. Highly recommend

A Beautiful Weekend

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Megan M

We rented the inn for the entire weekend, which was perfect for all of our out-of-town guests. It also was great for my husband and I to spend some extra "casual" time with family and friends without having to organize anything extra. Circle S provided all of the food and... Read More drinks (which were very tasty) which made our weekend much more hassle-free. All the people working there were very attentive and helpful. The outdoor wedding ceremony was beautiful despite the fact it was the hottest day of the year! After the ceremony we rushed to the air-conditioned "party barn" for some drinks, food, and dancing! All in all, a weekend full of wonderful memories at a beautiful place. We try to return every year with either family or friends to escape just a night or a couple of days.

Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

My wife was the one who originally found the Circle S Ranch when we got engaged. We knew we wanted an outdoor ceremony, but I was skeptical about the Ranch being too "country." When we went to tour I was in utter shock. Not only was this venue breathtaking, but it was exactly... Read More what we wanted. We booked our wedding a little over a year and half in advance, and they would email to check in from time to time, and were very helpful throughout. We had such an amazing time that we now go back every year for our anniversary. This place was not just a wedding venue for us. It became a home away from home, and we look forward to spending many more years with the Circle S.

The PERFECT Wedding

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Mary C

My husband wanted a sophisticated wedding, and I was headed towards a more vintage feel. When we visited Circle S, we knew this place was the perfect spot. We got married outside surrounded by our friends and family and it was simply beautiful. After the wedding, we went to the... Read More reception barn. Our food was fantastic, the staff attentive, and afterwards we went back to the silo and hit up the hot tub. If there was one thing I could change about my wedding experience at Circle S it would be that we could've stayed longer! It was the most memorable day of my life and I can't wait for what memories are to come from Circle S in the years ahead!

Perfect Way to Start Forever!

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Sarah P

I have always dreamed of having an outdoor wedding, and started to fall in love with the idea of rustic receptions. Once my fiancé proposed, and we came to tour the Ranch, we both just fell in love. Not only did it have everything we were looking for, but we purchased the... Read More package that came with the Inn as well. Our bridal party and family stayed the night on Friday after our rehearsal where we enjoyed a bonfire with smores, and we were all so relaxed and stress free. Being able to come in on Friday to set up all of our decor, and not having any pressure to be on a schedule was the best part of our wedding experience. We also stayed the night after our reception, and to our surprise the staff had already cleaned up the Party Barn and put together our decor which was ready for us to load up and take away Sunday morning. Not only did the venue completely blow us away, but the staff there is simply the best. They are fantastic about keeping you calm, and taking care of everything on their end, as well as making sure everyone is having a terrific time. They are professional, full of knowledge about the wedding industry, and were more than happy to help. Not only do I recommend the Circle S Ranch to all of my friends and loved ones as a place not only for their weddings, but I tell them to go out there for a romantic weekend, family reunion, or something fun because the experience you get is one that lasts a lifetime. We have family and friends who still talk about our wedding and how great it was! The best way to feel after your wedding is to think back on everything that happened and know you wouldn't change a thing. The Circle S gave me that, and they will forever be a special part of our lives!

Beautiful winter wedding

Reviewed on 10/26/2014 julie m

my husband and I got married here last year on December 7th. Our families came in and all stayed at the ranch. Everything was perfect. we came out once before the wedding to take engagement pictures and to try some dishes for the wedding dinner.everything we tried was... Read More delicious.the owners are extremely accommodating and offered to make available anything that might make our guests more comfortable (I had family coming in from Japan). everything we had asked for was done, and even a little bit more. I had flowers delivered for tables and was going to arrange them myself, but the Ranch offered to do so instead and they turned out great. the guests loved their rooms. Because of the cold, we were inside, and it was beautifully decorated for Christmas. Again, the owners were, accomodating, offering to take anything down we did not like. We did not have them take anything down because it looked great. We were married in front of the fireplace and had dinner in the same room. They switched furniture very quickly, while we were out taking freezing pictures. The venue offers so many beautiful options for pictures, inside and out. they even moved this beautiful old red couch outside so we could take a picture on it. after dinner, everyone was able to mingle and have a few drinks.I think you can tell a lot about a place from how they handle unexpected issues. My husband got sick a night of our wedding and we had to go to the hospital the next day. The roads were iced too. even though we were supposed to be out on Sunday, they allowed us to stay until Monday at no charge.the hospitality was exceptional. I felt like family. I can't say enough positive things about this place. I will be returning for a girls weekend, a romantic weekend, or just a getaway weekend,it was so great!

Brides Review

Reviewed on 10/16/2014 Melissa W

Circle S Ranch was absolutely beauitful and perfect to have our wedding! We wanted a place that we could have to ourselves all weekend. Our families and wedding party all stayed with us Friday, Saturday, and Sunday in the 12 rooms that were there. We were provided with meals all... Read More weekend. The rehearsal night it rained and we were still able to have our smores as promised but just inside :-) They stay true to their words! We wanted a romantic country wedding and that's exactly what we got with circle s. It was absolutely the most perfect and beautiful day. By far no regrets with this place. A day we will never forget! ❤️

Circle S Ranch - June 2014

Reviewed on 8/15/2014 Caitlyn M

Everything at the Circle S Ranch was great!!!! They set up everything! Tables, chairs, table clothes, silver wear. It was awesome having everything right there at the same venue. Our wedding day was perfect

Thank You Circle S!

Reviewed on 8/14/2014

Our wedding to this day is still the talk of the town, and that is all because of the amazing work from the Circle S Ranch! We chose the Big Event package where we got to stay for two nights. Not only was I relaxed, pampered, and stress free the entire time, but I got to be... Read More surrounded by all of my friends and family for the whole weekend. My husband and I would not change a thing about our wedding, and both agree that Circle S is the reason for it. We recently celebrated our one year anniversary out there, and fell in love with the place all over again. They have an amazing new staff in place who are wonderful, friendly, and helpful, and care about your experience. Brides, if you're looking for a beautiful outdoor wedding with a vintage/rustic reception THIS IS YOUR PLACE! Love, love, love!

Meet The Events Director

Theresa Rose

Theresa has worked with the Circle S Ranch since it's conception 18 years ago, and has worked on many weddings in different capacities over the years. Theresa currently heads up our events department, and works as the Events Manager for the Circle S Ranch.