Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

601 N Saint Patrick St, New Orleans, LA (504) 231-7425

Reviewed on 9/09/2016 Katie D

We had the pleasure of Mr.Olivier shooting our engagement photos and also our wedding. We could not have been happier with the outcome! He was a joy to work with got some incredible shots! An added bonus, he was warm, polite, and incredibly prompt in all of our... Read More correspondence. I highly recommend city park studios for your big day!!

2016-09-09T08:16:09 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Katie, for entrusting me with photos of your beautiful day! You and Taylor were perfect: relaxed, fun, good-lookin! Your shot exiting under the sparklers is already up on our website and the joy and light in that picture shows the essence of why... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/01/2016 Madeline D

Rick Olivier did a wonderful job photographing our daughter's wedding. He is professional, friendly and easy to work with. He chose locations that provided beautiful backdrops for the photos. Both bride and groom were uncomfortable with a lot of attention, yet Rick was able... Read More to get over 1000 photos, while never being intrusive. Also, Rick had the photos to us within ten days. He sent previews of the engagement and wedding photos within days. Wonderful experience, and we recommend Rick with confidence.

2016-09-02T07:57:56 Response from the vendor

Thanks, y'all, that was such a great and friendly group! I love shooting at Degas House (my "possible" relatives) and your event was one of the best. Rick

Reviewed on 5/18/2016 Caitlin O

Awesome! I highly recommend City Park Studio Photography. Rick was so great to work with, and he captured our big moments flawlessly!

2016-05-19T08:26:02 Response from the vendor

Thanks, Caitlin, your family and friends were a delight to photograph and your ceremony under the oak was gorgeous. I wish you all the best in your new adventure! rick

Reviewed on 5/13/2016

Everything I could have asked for! Rick did such an amazing job capturing the atmosphere, love, and fun that was present on our wedding day. He made it fun, I hardly noticed he was there and yet he was everywhere he needed to be, and I now have pictures I will love for a... Read More lifetime. My husband and I could not be more satisfied and recommend him to any and all happy couples!

2016-05-19T08:28:09 Response from the vendor

Thanks, Kelly. What a gas to work with your crew! They totally brought the party and the love in that room was matched only by the fun and joie de vivre spirit that made those pictures happen. Rick

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

From our first talk all the way through to final pictures, Rick was a true professional. He's a photographer first and foremost and his attention to detail is exquisite. We had a bit of a wild wedding with 4 different locations and every step of the way we have artistic and... Read More beautiful memories. We couldn't be happier with Rick, both on the day of the event and the results in the pictures that we can't stop looking at! HIGHLY RECOMMEND. You won't be disappointed.

2016-05-30T10:29:19 Response from the vendor

Your wedding was a blast (and yes, it was a bit wild with all those locations) but I love this kind of challenge and hope it shows in the photos! Rick

Beautiful Photography

Reviewed on 12/17/2015 Elizabeth M

My husband and I used City Park Studio for our wedding on 10/23/15. We chose this photographer based on his rating and great value compared to comparable photographers in the area. We had Rick do an engagement shoot with us in City Park, and he photographed our ceremony and... Read More reception. Rick was great and even showed up early to get some photos of our venue. However, what was really important to us was getting lots of candid shots of people at our wedding. Rick did a great job of not only getting the shots we requested, but also getting some great photos of our guests and wedding party at the reception. He photographed some special moments (like us dancing with guests and bridal party) without us even knowing he was there! I would recommend City Park Studio to anyone looking for a skilled photographer who will capture not only the big, important parts of the ceremony and reception, but also the little details that make your wedding special. Overall, we couldn't be happier with our wedding photos!

Great Photographer!

Reviewed on 12/15/2015 Nicole K

After researching a range of wedding photographers, I found City Park Studio and loved their aesthetic. I had a great conversation with Rick, he answered all my questions but never pressured me to commit or tried to upsell me. He was easy to communicate with as my wedding day... Read More approached, and his calm demeanor really put me at ease. The day of the wedding, Rick arrived on time, was super professional and friendly with our bridal party and family through all the portrait photos, and totally captured the spirit of the day. He effectively captured the big and small details of the day while remaining unobtrusive. The photos are absolutely beautiful, I don't know how I'll possibly pick a small number of them for the album. I found City Park Studio's pricing and packaging to be a great value for the excellent service provided.

We Couldn't be Happier

Reviewed on 12/15/2015

We could not be happier with the experience we had with Rick. We got married outside, in the beginning of June, in the hot hot New Orleans sun. Yet Rick was a consummate professional. He was able to capture some truly amazing photographs that really tell the complete story of... Read More our beautiful New Orleans wedding. His rates were fair and I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding photographer.

Amazing Candid Shots!

Reviewed on 11/22/2015

I originally gravitated to Rick's listing on the Knot because of his reasonable price and good reviews. Since I live out of town, I sent my parents to meet with him. My parents called me and enthusiastically told me how great of a guy he was, how much they liked his work, and... Read More how they thought he'd be a great match for what we were looking for. Rick did a fantastic job! His signature is definitely the candid shots and he really captured the energy of the night. It is so wonderful to to relive our special night over and over through his timeless photos. My in-laws and family have all been thrilled with the photos. Rick was punctual, adaptable and overall just a really wonderful guy to capture our one of a kind moments.

Reviewed on 11/08/2015 Katie M

When we began planning our small family wedding in NOLA, all we heard was prepare to spend a ton of money on photography. With that in mind, we began the search for a wedding photographer who could capture the moments we felt were most important to us. If we were going to pay an... Read More arm and a leg, we wanted to get exactly what we wanted. We found Rick and City Park Studio online and immediately fell in love with his work, especially his candids. He seemed to truly capture the feeling of an event. When we met him, we went over what we wanted: some posed, traditional photos but mostly in the moment shots, things we knew we would want to see but maybe would not remember after the day. As he got more and more enthusiastic about what we were asking for, we got more excited. Day of, he was wonderful. He seemed to be everywhere at once and looking at the wide variety of shots he got, he must have been. He was also fun! He told awesome stories and gave us some great advice for post-reception Frenchman music hot-spots. He even helped us DJ some of the music for the reception (none of us could find Mother-in-law on our phones/ ipads, but he had it.) When we got the photos in, I was giddy with the results. Every special moment, was there, as well some truly breathtaking portraits and family shots. Bottom line: Rick was wonderful, his pictures were more than we could have ever imagined, and his prices were very reasonable compared to a lot of the other options we saw out there. If you are looking for someone who can truly capture the moments, and not just posed pictures, City Park Studio is an awesome choice!

2015-11-09T11:34:24 Response from the vendor

Thanks for your kind words, folks. The superb weather was icing on the cake for a beautiful event with two warm and wonderful families! Rick

Reviewed on 6/14/2015 Mysti H

I found Rick on The Knot and picked him because of his beautiful photographs and reasonable price. He was at Houmas House for 8 hours and was very active running around for the entire time. We received our pictures in less than 3 weeks, and found that we have hundreds of... Read More favorites out of the 1,000+ pictures he sent. After the wedding, our families even commented how he and his assistant were all over the place on chairs and tables getting every possible shot. We highly recommend City Park Studio, not just because of the great pictures, but also because of how easy he was to work with!

2015-06-14T14:11:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you Mysti! There are two shots in there that are pure portfolio material, thanks to you and your wonderful family! Rick

Rick Olivier was fantastic!

Reviewed on 3/28/2015 Heather p

With many choices for photographers in New Orleans, we chose to go with Rick Olivier (City Park Studio) and could not be happier! Rick did an amazing job of capturing both the formal posed pictures, as well as many candids that helped us to remember how much fun we had on our... Read More wedding night! Rick managed to be everywhere, without even being noticed. He took some fantastic pictures for our first look, that we will cherish forever. Rick was on time (early in fact!), professional, personable, and was overall a joy to work with. Thank you, Rick, for such a job well done!

Perfect!

Reviewed on 12/09/2014 Hilary P

We were looking for a reasonably priced photographer for our destination wedding in New Orleans and Rick at City Park Studios did not disappoint! He captured the day beautifully and we got our pictures back with in a week! Highly recommend! Great work!

Excellent!

Reviewed on 11/12/2014

Rick Olivier came recommended to us by a local friend of ours and I didn't look any further than that. We have yet to receive our photos yet, but he did show us a few he took at the wedding and so far, great! He was a pleasure to work with. Prompt, professional, and all that... Read More good stuff! He looked like he was having a blast shooting our second line and seeing him have that much fun was awesome!! I feel confident our photos will reflect the energy we saw coming from him! I'm really glad I reached out to my friend and got the recommendation I did. I would be happy to recommend City Park Studio to anyone!!

City Park Studios/Rick Olivier

Reviewed on 11/08/2014 Laura H

I am so, so happy with my wedding photos. Rick was with me on my wedding day for 8 hours, capturing me and my bridesmaids getting married all the way through the end for the sparkler exit at the reception. He was extremely easy to work with and very open to suggestions from me,... Read More and always remembered to photograph me from my "good side" :) He provided us with over 1500 photos less than a month after the wedding. We got so many beautiful shots! Rick is an absolute pro at capturing great shots of people, both candid and portrait, and of course, the dance shots are phenomenal! He also captured other special, unique elements in a very artistic way - His great eye caught the rainbow over city park as we drove to the ceremony. Highly recommend!

If you want the best, this is it!

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Megan M

Rick Olivier from City Park Studios was amazing. His eye captured some of the most precious, treasured photographs I will now have to remind me of my special day. Extremely detail-oriented, our pictures showed a vast array of both candids and serious portrait styles--but all... Read More are lit perfectly and show the happiness of our occasion. We also received our photos within 5 days...which is very prompt. I can only say as a bride, that his easy yet professional manner helped make my wedding day a truly wonderful experience. If he is available, Mr. Olivier is an asset worth investing in.

Beautiful work

Reviewed on 6/12/2014

My husband and I could not be any happier with our wedding pictures. Rick was prompt, well organized and very friendly. He was familiar with the environment and immediately knew the best places to take photos. Every aspect of the wedding was perfectly captured. I cannot... Read More believe how many of the pictures I did not even notice him taking. He has given us the best reminder possible of our special day. We highly recommend Rick!

amazing photography

Reviewed on 3/14/2014 April K

I enjoyed every minute I spent working with Rico and City Park Studios. He has a great eye and a very special talent for capturing all the special moments.

I could not have asked for more!!

Reviewed on 2/25/2014 Kim W

I first found out about Rick Olivier researching photographers in New Orleans. I wanted someone that could really capture a moment and not just do the cookie cutter poses like more wedding photographers do. Upon finding Rick Olivier I found is company on the knot, City Park... Read More Studio. I reviewed the weddings he had done after looking at his photography of other things besides weddings. I instantly fell in love with the way he could capture people in his images. After meeting Rick I was even more sold. We had over 150 people coming from out of town so I wanted not only the wedding and bridal shoot but I also wanted him to shoot the rehearsal dinner the night before the wedding, since most of the wedding party may never be together again. He worked with me on all of my requests with ease and gave me a more than fair price on the three shoots. Rick is also very good at putting your mind at ease. I never had to worry about him not knowing what was going on, as soon as I contacted him I had a reply and he was always very through in everything I would need to know. Not even 4 days after the wedding he had all my images to me!! It was one of the easiest parts of my entire wedding. I would definitely work with Rick again and would do so with the peace of mind that I am getting the very best photographer at a great cost and all the images will be ones that really captured the heart of what was happening. He did a wonderful job!!

2014-02-25T14:08:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Kim, and I could not have asked for a more wonderful couple. You and Chris are so perfect for each other, patient, kind, and still having a ball the whole time! It was my honor to shoot this very important day... Read Less Read More

City Park and Bywater Wedding

Reviewed on 11/17/2013 Meagan B

Rick is AMAZING! He is an artist and he does a wonderful job of capturing special and candid moments. He is a true photojournalist. He told the story of our wedding so perfectly I was blown away. The other amazing thing was that he seemed to be invisible to me (and our guests)... Read More during the whole event. I was so shocked to see the moments he captured without the person in the picture posing. I am so happy we have these images to help preserve the memories of our wedding. I can't stop looking at them. Highly recommend!

Awesome photographer!

Reviewed on 9/28/2013 Meredith M

Working with Rick Olivier was fantastic! He met with us, listened to what we wanted and who we are as a couple and gave us great advice! Leading up to our wedding he was really responsive and made sure all of our questions were answered. On our big day Rick had the perfect... Read More balance of being right in the midst of everything while remaining unobtrusive. He captured every important moment beautifully - our wedding photos are fantastic! I would definitely recommend Rick to anyone getting married in New Orleans!

2013-09-29T20:05:41 Response from the vendor

Thanks, guys, what awesome fun-loving families you have both joined! It was easy to make great pictures there with the palpable atmosphere of love and joy that filled the room. Gratefully, Rick O. - City Park Studio

Beautifully captured our wedding!

Reviewed on 8/11/2013 Flora S

We highly recommend Rick Olivier from City Park Studio. He really took his time to take wonderful photos that we'll cherish for the rest of our lives. Before the ceremony, he agreed to meet us at Storyland in City Park to take our wedding party photos and they came out... Read More beautifully! Then we all traveled back to the venue. In our portraits with large groups of family members, he managed to get photos with everyone looking happy, and not one person with eyes closed or face cut out of the picture (even the children). The ceremony photos didn't just capture the look of the wedding, they conveyed the way that we felt. I had no idea how much I was smiling during the ceremony, it was all a blur. The reception photos were especially fun to look at afterwards. We're already ordering frames for the first dance photos. He has many years of experience and a keen artistic eye. You'll be in good hands.

2013-08-12T14:23:23 Response from the vendor

Thanks, Flora, for the wonderful review. I loved the whole hand-made vibe to your ceremony and decor, it was unique and so beautiful. I wish you many years of happiness together! Rick

City Park Studio Wedding Photography

Reviewed on 7/05/2013 Fabie B

Our experience with City Park Studio was truly a great one. Rick arrived on time at various locations throughout the day. He was dressed professionally in suit & tie, even in the summer heat. He was quick, thorough, and it was as if he was not even there :) The photos... Read More that were taken genuinely reflect our memories of that day. Rick has a great eye for catching real-life moments and making them absolutely beautiful. Each of our friends and family members' personalities were captured in candid moments without anyone having to pose. This natural reflection of our wedding day is exactly what I wanted, and City Park Studio delivered beyond my expectations.

Rick Olivier wedding photography

Reviewed on 6/09/2013 Marion B

Rick was my wedding photographer and I am very happy I found him. He was very professional, made everyone feel very comfortable. My wedding was very small and we wanted a photographer who goes with the flow...and captures the actual mood. He took some very nice portraits, most... Read More people weren't even aware of...! I have hundreds of pictures of our day and I love them all! They are of excellent quality and prefectly represent this event! I highly recommend Rick for any event you require a professional, laid back but attentive photographer!

2013-06-14T12:19:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Marion, for your kind words. Your wedding was a joy to shoot, a perfect combination of fun and sincerity. May you have many years of enjoyment from the photographs you helped me make. Rick Olivier City Park Studio

Fantastic Photos

Reviewed on 2/09/2013 Devon D

As a groom, I was not necessarily excited about wedding photos, nor the pomp and circumstance that surrounds the act of wedding photography. Don't get me wrong, I was looking forward to the wedding and the experiences it would hold, just not so much the taking of pictures. As... Read More it turned out, my preconception was way off. Rick Oliver and the staff members at City Park Studio were not only professional and extremely talented, but also very personable and helpful. Our wedding was by choice a small, intimate affair. We had decided to forgo certain aspects of a traditional wedding, including the stiff, prearranged look of the usual wedding photos in favor of the photo journalistic flavor that Rick and his staff so excellently executed. The whole experience had a kind of 'rock star' feel to it, which I have to say was pretty cool. The photos themselves were fantastic, full of life, and most importantly, full of feeling. The candid, 'rock star', photo journalistic aspect captured our wedding in a way I have never been fortunate enough to have felt when viewing other couples wedding photos. Great price, excellent people, and pictures I actually like to look at-- Why would you choose anybody else?