Book Your Wedding with City Winery

A BALLROOM IN CHICAGO, IL

Located in Chicago, Illinois, City Winery is an upscale chic winery venue for wedding ceremonies and receptions. The venue is known for offering a combination of excellent wine and food with music. The owner of City Winery is Michael Dorf, who is the founder of the Knitting Factory, one of the longest running music venues in New York City. With venue options ranging from a concert venue with professional sound systems to an elegant dining room, couples are able to bring their wedding vision to life. For those who are seeking an urban winery venue that is off the beaten track, City Winery is an excellent option.

Concert Venue. The venue is unique, made especially so by the curved floor-to-ceiling windows that look into an impressive barrel room. There is a built-in bar next to the barrel room and the space opens up into a bigger dining and concert area. With high ceilings, track lighting and brick arches, the concert venue is a memorable space for up to 200 guests. The space comes with a fantastic sound system by Meyer and a stage that is ideal for bands or DJs.

Main Dining Room. The dining room also overlooks the barrel room with floor-to-ceiling windows and it has a banister staircase, wooden columns and exposed brick. Other parts of the room are painted in a bright yellow tone, which ties the place together as a vibrant space for dining and mingling. It accommodates up to 225 guests and its high ceilings and stone fireplace offer a classic chic atmosphere.

Patio. The patio is available for outdoor and open-air ceremonies or receptions. It has exposed brick walls covered in ivy, which create a nice contrast from the glass-encased building. The space is also conducive for a cocktail reception. It can accommodate up to 300 guests.

The venue provides all-inclusive wedding packages to simplify the planning process. Catering is provided on-site and typically includes four passed hors d'oeuvres, a two-course dinner and custom wedding cake. Beverages are also provided on-site. The venue usually serves guests at an open bar for five hours. A champagne toast is also included.

Throughout the planning process and day of the wedding, an event manager, serving staff and bartenders support the couple. For couples using the audiovisual services, a sound technician is available. There is a bridal suite where the bride and bridesmaids prepare. Chairs and tables are included in the packages. Couples can opt to hold their ceremony on-site as well as the reception. The venue provides setup, chairs and a microphone for the ceremony.

City Winery offers several extra perks, one of which is the exclusive use of the venue, which ensures the highest level of privacy. In addition:

• Same-sex couples are welcome
  • Valet parking is available
  • Coat check services
  • Security throughout the event
  • A dedicated server especially for the couple

Urban Winery, Concert Venue, & Restaurant

Once a refrigerated food distribution warehouse, City Winery has transformed this 1911 building into a haven for those who are passionate about wine, music and culinary arts.

Ballroom, Restaurant, Vineyard

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering

1200 West Randolph Street, Chicago, IL (312) 733-9463

Best Wedding Venue & Staff!

Reviewed on 9/06/2014

My wife and I really stumbled on an unknown gem (at the time), City Winery and immediately decided that this was the place that we wanted to get married. At the time, we had no idea what to expect and mainly, it was because City Winery had just opened less than a year ago and... Read More they had only done a wedding or two prior to us signing the contract. Well, Todd Carr was absolutely amazing - he did everything and more! There wasn't a single aspect of the wedding that Todd wasn't aware of, didn't want to help or go out of his way to do so. If we wanted something, Todd found a way to make it happen and no, it wasn't at an additional costs every time. The Venue - PERFECT in every sense of the word. The setup was everything and more that we imagined. Todd shared our vision and made sure it happened the way we wanted. RE the food - how many times do people remember the food at a wedding, let alone rave about it?! NEVER! We served filets, tilapia and risotto. The drink package - Todd did everything we asked; special beer requests, extra tequila, the brides favorite drink as the bridal cocktail and wine tastings (4 types). The extras - Todd made sure that there was beer, wine and champagne for the bridal party before the ceremony and immediately after the ceremony for pictures. The Staff - Amazing! Every member of the City Winery team went above and beyond and was eager to help anyone that had a question or needed something. As you can tell, we are so unbelievably thrilled with everything that City Winery did for us! What an amazing team and venue! If you want this venue and the date is open, book it immediately because they are booking so fast!

Reviewed on 11/05/2017

Thank you a million times over to Todd and his team at City Winery! We don't have enough positive things to share regarding our experience in wedding planning and the execution of the event on the day of! We were looking for a venue that provided an elegant feel, without being... Read More the traditional banquet hall or hotel location for the ceremony and reception. City Winery far exceeded our expectations of doing just that for us! Todd and his team put us at ease during the peak of wedding planning leading up to the big day and I knew things would go off without a hitch knowing they were involved. Our family and friends complimented what an intimate event space and how wonderful the food and service was for the whole evening. Thank you so much for being a part of our big day :)

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Janie S

We had both our ceremony and reception at City Winery in Chicago this past September. First off, the ceremony space was perfect for an early fall wedding. We were out in the wine garden and the ivy was lush and beautiful. I had so many people tell me they were shocked this was... Read More in the city! We had our reception in the concert venue, which was perfect for a band and dancing! The staff at City Winery were wonderful to work with. They were so accommodating and I loved that they provided so many of the items on our checklist (food, alcohol, cake, tables, chairs, linens, etc)- this made it so much easier than having to deal with so many different vendors. The staff really went above and beyond on the day of our wedding. They gave my husband and me our own private room for a moment alone after our ceremony and gave us our own appetizers so we wouldn't be chasing the servers! It was little things like this that made the day so great!

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Kara M

City Winery is the perfect reception venue for any Chicago couple looking for a city winery, but also wanting something a bit different than the typical banquet hall or hotel downtown. The venue is chic, classy, elegant and sure to make your day feel very unique and special.... Read More City Winery was the perfect mix of being able to have a city wedding downtown, but with the touches of rustic elegance that I knew I wanted for my special day. It's also located in the super trendy and fun West Loop neighborhood, making it a great spot for guests to enjoy before and after the reception. Within our wedding package, all liquor, an abundance of passed hor d'oeuvres, plated dinners and our wedding cake was included. City Winery even included a wine tasting with cheese display during cocktail hour that our guests absolutely loved. And they gave my husband and I a smaller cake to take home for our one year anniversary! As for the food and drinks, everything was outstanding. Guests raved about the food and our "his and her" cocktails were incredible and offered throughout the entire night. About two weeks before the wedding, I brought up offering a Kentucky Mule and Paloma to guests and City Winery could not have been more accommodating. As for the service, Todd Carr leads events for City Winery and is INCREDIBLE. Seriously, any bride looking for the best person to work with should work with Todd. He could not have been more helpful or responsive throughout the entire planning process. He worked closely with our day-of coordinator and vendors, and when I entered the reception venue I was blown away by how perfect everything looked. He worked closely with my parents regarding contract and payment details, and my parents also raved about how professionalism and responsiveness. Overall, I couldn't have asked for more from City Winery and I wouldn't change a thing about my wedding. It was the perfect venue and the perfect staff to help us execute the wedding of our dreams!

Reviewed on 3/22/2017 Andy I

Todd and the staff at City Winery were incredible to work with. Not only was he and his team responsive within a few days of us emailing, months out from the event, and within a day the last few weeks before our wedding, but he made the experience very personal and very easy on... Read More us. We didn't want to spend hours fussing over different vendors for chairs, linens, cake, food, beverage, catering staff, etc., but we wanted really good quality stuff. City Winery is a great one-stop-shop for most of these decisions, and they have great food and decor options. Todd also provided us with some preferred vendors that proved to be excellent suggestions. The venue was very accommodating with our requests on how to very specifically set up decor, and when we asked for a chocolate-free, dairy free, gluten free cake for our guests, they came through. Of course, it's also worth mentioning that our photos turned out beautifully against the backdrop of space. Their outdoor patio has a gorgeous green ivy wall, and the interior restaurant space looks nice enough that you don't need to spend a lot on decor. We were very happy with the price of the package, as well. We were able to get top shelf alcohol, great hors d'oeuvres, a very nice plated meal, and cake, plus the set up and space for both a ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception, all at a very reasonable price. All of our guests were very impressed with how great the venue was and how much fun our wedding was, and we know a big part of that was thanks to City Winery. We couldn't have been happier with our choice.

The perfect Venue!

Reviewed on 8/14/2015 Catalina B

City Winery is a perfect venue for a couple that want something different but want to keep it chic and classy. It is the only winery in the city therefore you are able to give your guests a little breather from this beautiful city and transport them to a true winery within 10... Read More min of downtown. The person in charge of events, Todd Carr, couldn't be more helpful. He acted like the day planner and was able to understand my ideas and visions and provide our perfect wedding. As for drinks, they provide different liquor packages, including a wine tasting that guests couldn't stop talking about. The food was right on point and it was a very important aspect for us and we could not have asked for more. I wouldn't change a thing!!!