CJ's Off the Square

Nashville | Franklin

Romantic Garden Weddings

Experience personalized service and inviting Southern charm at CJ’s Off the Square. Our historic house and garden is the perfect setting for your next celebration and our all-inclusive event packages make planning any occasion easy and fun. Historic Downtown Franklin, TN

• Outdoor - Covered

218 3rd Ave North, Tennessee, TN
Nashville | Franklin

5 Stars!

Reviewed on 9/17/2013 Nicole H

I did not arbitrarily assign 5 stars to each column; those 5's represent the best experience of my life. From the first consultation to picking out cake flavors, flowers, and decor, the process was a breeze for a bride who already had way too much on her hands. If I could go... Read More back and relive the process again, it would be with CJ's and it's wonderful staff.

2013-09-20T10:20:05 Response from the vendor

Nicole, your words truly mean the world to us. Thank you!

Couldn't ask for more!

Reviewed on 7/01/2014 Brianna S

My husband and I were recently married at CJ's Off the Square in Franklin, TN. Not only is Cj an absolute pleasure to work with, the staff she surrounds herself with is just as amazing as she is. She and her staff have literally thought of everything you could possibly need or... Read More want on your wedding day (and days leading) which makes the process of planning a wedding so easy and helpful and really removes a lot of stress. I would absolutely recommend CJ's Off the Square. Cj's venue is so beautiful and she takes so much pride in the services she offers. My new husband and I could not be happier we chose Cj's Off the Square. Thank you Cj and your staff for making our dream wedding a reality! All our best, Leigh & Brie Harlem

2014-07-03T14:14:01 Response from the vendor

Wow Brie! You are so kind and generous with your praise. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of such a special occasion.

CJ's Will Not Let You Down!

Reviewed on 9/19/2013 Leah S

As an out-of-state resident attempting to plan a destination wedding, CJ's staff could not be more accommodating with the correspondence, planning, designing, and execution of my wedding day. Of course, planning from a distance always presents more challenges, but Amy was... Read More incredibly helpful and knowledgeable in assisting us with this challenge of planning a destination wedding in 6 months! My fiance and I were only able to travel to Tennessee twice for meetings at CJ's, so there were many things we had to step out in faith on. We didn't get to sample our food (we did get to try cake flavors!) or see what our flower arrangements would exactly look like, but we were pretty confident we would be pleased. When my wedding day actually arrived, I was blown away. Completely exceeded my expectations. The flowers were gorgeous, the food was delicious, the decorations were beautiful! My cake was the only thing that wasn't decorated to my request. Before I could even say anything, Amy already came to apologize and tell me they would be refunding me due to the situation. The cake was still lovely, and tasted amazing--but that's the type of customer service exhibited at CJ's. The vendors they use are top notch. Our DJ (Rick Ross) played every thing I had asked for. He even made sure to download the specific, not-easy-to-find songs I wanted for my ceremony. All the vendors that I had to to make arrangements with (Caprice the Florist, Rick the DJ) were very prompt and thorough in their communication with me. Almost 3 months later, my guests are STILL talking about how beautiful our wedding was, how much they loved the food and how wonderful the venue is. If you are undecided about booking here--just do it. You won't regret it.

2013-09-20T10:16:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words Leah! It was truly a pleasure working with you and Julio and we are so grateful that you trusted us with your big day!

Reviewed on 7/16/2015 Ashley A

I was a bride that started out my venue search like many brides, and was worried about budget but wanted a beautiful elegant wedding but things can add up quickly and i was scared i would have to sacrifice my dream of a elegant classic wedding because of how expensive things... Read More are! I saw Cj's off the Square online and thought it was beautiful but an all inclusive price tag scared me but , I went to the very merry occasion and fell in love! I met Cj and Jennifer and saw how perfect the location felt, my mother joined me, and afterwards we we very worried about the budget( at first the number can seem high) but after hearing horror stories from other brides and how quickly things add up we took the plunge!! OMG OMG OMG i cant even tell you how perfect my wedding was, I was able to create my perfect invitation there, coordinate with the worlds best florist (enchanted florist, Caprice) , create the best table setting, have cake tasting,and so so so much more,all at the same location! how convenient is that?!?!? I was scared that since it's a inclusive venue that my wedding would look like everyone else's, I WAS SO WRONG, my wedding was so me and so one of a kind! they did so many little touches for me and i can't tell you how much Jen and Cj did! We had meetings with Jen and she kept us one track, they coordinate with all your vendors, you literally don't have to sweat the small stuff! And I could go on and on about how seamless the wedding went! I didn't stress anything, it was so perfect, my father was so impressed about how hard they worked,and how they kept us on schedule without feeling like we had one, it flowed perfectly. I want to get married there again,and our family and friends had a blast, it was intimate and everyone was together and we just had a blast, we danced all night ( our dj Jason was seriously fab) , everyone we worked with was top notch , and we felt like we were their only client, My mother said all my siblings must get married there because we were seriously spoiled with the perfection of it all. I love Cj and Jennifer and I KNOW KNOW KNOW! you will too!

Dream Wedding!!!

Reviewed on 7/10/2015

This was a destination wedding and as the bride, I was very nervous about how the planning process was going to unfold. Jennifer Bland put all of my worries at ease. She went above and beyond to guide us through the wedding process and was always ready and able to answer all our... Read More questions. We cannot thank Jennifer enough for the excellent service and professionalism provided from the beginning to the end. Every tiny detail we thought of was covered by her and her team. The day of the wedding, all of my bridesmaids we commenting on how calm I was. This was because there was never a doubt in my mind that this wasn't going to live up to all our expectations, and that is only because Jennifer was handling it all. The wedding reception was an absolute dream! The gorgeous pavilion and garden were perfect to capture and enjoy the natural scenery during the cocktail hour and reception. The food selection was excellent and was cooked to perfection. The wedding cake was exactly like the picture I sent Jennifer and tasted delicious! Above all, the staff was friendly and extremely helpful at all times. My guests are still raving about how it was the best wedding reception they have been to and that they cannot wait to visit Franklin again!!

I actually remember my wedding day!

Reviewed on 6/26/2015 Mickey M

I am so thankful I chose CJs as my wedding venue. They made everything feel like a piece of cake and I actually enjoyed our six month engagement AND our wedding day! I actually remember it and so many of my friends say they don't remember theirs because they were so... Read More stressed! I am an event coordinator by profession so I understand the benefit of having a coordinator dedicated to your event! Jennifer was there every step of the way to try and simplify everything while still giving me space to add personal touches to our day. Thanks CJs Off The Square for a beautiful wedding!

Reviewed on 6/02/2015 Charline H

From the moment I walked up the front steps into the historic romance of Cj’s Off the Square and met CJ Dickson I felt an immediate connection and knew this is where we would be married. Over the next year, CJ helped me bring my watercolor garden wedding come to life. I quickly... Read More realized CJ’s advice was golden and was so happy to have her planning expertise. It's wonderful when people find what they are meant to do in life and CJ is truly passionate about her business and clients. During the planning process, I would have a question and she would troubleshoot and come back with solutions, suggestions, and even recommend local vendors she trusted to get the job done. The fun, laughter, and great moments leading up to the wedding were more like coffee with a friend than planning. When it came to the wedding day, I was truly able to enjoy the entire day and night of the wedding because I knew every detail had already been taken care of by CJ and her team. From the first meeting to the sparkler send off, CJ made us feel at all times like we were being looked after and every detail was perfect in the planning and implementation of our wedding. We truly had the best day ever during our wedding, and we couldn't have done it without them! I would highly recommend CJ Dickson and CJ’s Off the Square for any wedding/reception/rehearsal dinner/party/event! We adore you! Charline & Andrew

2015-06-03T14:37:29 Response from the vendor

You so so kind Charline! Working with you and Andrew was beyond a pleasure. I wish you both years upon years of happiness and love. -CJ

Simply the best!

Reviewed on 5/26/2015 McKensie C

We could not be happier with our experience having our wedding at CJ's Off the Square! From our first meeting, it was clear that CJ and her team were absolute professionals and our wedding was in good hands. Throughout the process CJ and Jennifer were incredibly helpful, and... Read More really helped bring everything together. They were always happy to answer questions or provide recommendations. Our wedding day was even better than I could have ever imagined- everything was beautiful and we had so much fun! The day-of coordination was flawless and we appreciate being able to just enjoy our day and not worry about the details, since we knew they would be taken care of. I cannot thank y'all enough for making our dream wedding come true!

2015-05-27T21:06:40 Response from the vendor

Wow! Thank you so much for your very kind words McKensie! It was truly a pleasure working with you!!!

The best day of my life!

Reviewed on 5/26/2015 Heather D

When I first learned of CJ's after getting engaged, I initially wrote it off thinking it had to be too expensive. It's a gorgeous venue after all. Then after 6 months of dead ends in the wedding planning process I revisited some of the venues I'd originally passed over. When... Read More we visited CJ's in December '14, I instantly KNEW it was the venue for us! I cried in the garden at the thought of getting married there. It was winter and everything was dead but I could picture the lush greenery and flowers that would be there come May and I just KNEW IT! We were up front with CJ about our budget but she instantly found ways to make it work for us. Jennifer was assigned as our coordinator and I cannot begin to speak justice to the amazing asset she became to us at that point! CJ's handles so many details however for the items I needed to coordinate on my own, Jennifer was right there beside me, guiding me along the way! When I needed vintage style ribbon for the cake design I wanted, Jennifer googled until she had found the perfect one for me and all I was left to do was purchase it. This completely illustrates our overall experience working with the staff at CJ's Off the Square. Every little detail that I had envisioned for the day was carried out seamlessly and seeing all of that hard work come into fruition made my heart soar. Then when the forecast was looking a little iffy I was so glad that they had a built in back up plan with the covered pavilion and despite the rain, now I couldn't have imagined it any other way! Our wedding was absolutely perfect and so much of that was because of CJ, Jennifer, and their incredible team. It truly was the best day of my life!

2015-05-27T21:07:52 Response from the vendor

That is so kind Heather. Jennifer and I wish you both a lifetime of happiness and love. Don't be a stranger...stop by to say hello soon!

Fantastic wedding experience

Reviewed on 4/27/2015

I would recommend CJ's Off the Square to any couple looking for a classy and timeless wedding experience. The venue is so versatile that you can customize your experience to fit your style. Both the ceremony and the reception took place in a beautiful outdoor environment, fairy... Read More tale style. The house is a beautiful historic property (the bridal and the groom suites are out of this planet)and the garden is the ideal surrounding to celebrate in any type of weather. The location is very convenient, a few steps away from the Franklin historic district square. The quality of the services was impeccable: from the wedding planning, to catering, bar service, DJ, everything was top level. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone that's looking to have a very unique experience at a very reasonable price.

Great spot! Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 1/20/2015 lindsay w

We had our wedding at CJs in October 2014. All I can say is the venue and service was amazing! From day one to the BIG day, the planner we worked with (Jennifer) was attentive and met all of our needs. We opted for the all inclusive option, which was a great option for our busy... Read More schedules. Our big day turned out perfectly... It really went just as we had pictured and everything was taken care of!! My only wish was that the night didn't have to end!

A Perfect Wedding Reception Venue

Reviewed on 11/21/2014 Stephanie E

Cj’s Off the Square was the perfect choice for my wedding reception. Planning was tricky since neither my parents nor I live in Tennessee or even know anybody from Tennessee. We needed an airport and a beautiful city to accommodate our out of state and overseas family and... Read More friends. We found CJ’s Off the Square and a few other possible venues after an intensive internet search followed by inspection visits with my fiancée. We were very impressed with CJ, her presentation, and the venue. CJ’s was our #1 choice. The venue itself is a very romantic, intimate setting with beautiful gardens, calming ponds, a covered outside reception area, and a gazebo. The actual home is historic with a lovely front porch. It has various rooms for sitting or buffets and a room to display the cake. There are large, fully equipped rooms for both the bride and bridesmaids and the groom and groomsmen. We made use of all the rooms. The reception was unbelievably beautiful and elegant. The flowers were gorgeous! The food was amazing! The staff, the table settings, the ambiance, the bartenders and bar service, the DJ, the caterers - all were remarkable. Everything was perfect!! Our guests were impressed and made so many compliments. CJ knows what she is doing (before, during, and after the event!) and executes her services flawlessly. She is professional and handles whatever may come up smoothly and without worry. She truly wants the bride to “shine” and have her dream wedding day. Needless to say, we did have our dream wedding day! Our family highly recommends CJ’s Off the Square. Stephanie and Manuel Sastre And Mother of the Bride, Susan Evans

Happily ever after

Reviewed on 11/15/2014 Katherine S

I can't begin to explain how wonderful my wedding and experience at CJ's Off the Square was. It was our dream wedding. Jennifer went above and beyond with details and planning. They took exactly what i had in mind and brought it to life. All of our guests have said it was the... Read More best wedding they have ever been to, and the most beautiful. The flowers were absolutely breathtaking, and the food was to die for! Being able to get ready in the bridal suite was such a fun and special time with my bridesmaids. We are blessed to have had such a wonderful evening :)

BEST VENUE EVER

Reviewed on 11/07/2014 Ashley h

From the day Sean and I stepped foot inside CJ's Off the Square and met CJ, we knew this was the place we wanted to get married and we knew before we even saw the venue. We wanted to get married there because we could tell that we were in good hands and that it would be a... Read More stress-free experience. And we were right. We were introduced to, Jennifer, our planner who mastered my initial nervous breakdown about style differences and took my ideas, mixed them with hers and came up with what would be the most beautiful wedding any of my friends and family had ever seen. NOT ONLY THAT, but the planning portion and suggestions of vendors was exceptional. She touched base with all of my vendors the week before the wedding so I would not have to be concerned. AND at CJ's many of the vendors are already taken care of for you. The Enchanted Florist did a jaw-dropping job with my vision for flowers and kept within budget (which is outstanding because I have expensive taste). My cake and Sean's groom cake were not only exactly what we asked for but DELICIOUS too! The rentals, such as my vintage suit case for my cards box and my vintage furniture for my cigar bar were to die for! It was as if I only needed to make a wish and it was granted! The food was yummy and we loved the options for our fall menue - I mean, thanksgiving sliders?! There is nothing more fall and no greater comfort food than that! The options were wonderful! Plus they let us incorporate a late night snack of pretzels and beer cheese into our regular menu because its one of Sean's favorite foods! We had passed food and a buffet. After the ceremony and our photos, Jennifer brought us in the house to let us look at our cakes, decorations and share in some of the passed food! It was my favorite party of the night, because I could sit down with my husband and just breath in all that was happening. The DJ, Jason Middleton, was totally great too! My friends, family and I were dancing ALL NIGHT! TRULY AMAZING! PLUS, Jennifer and CJ took care of all of the communication with all of those vendors! Which was so helpful because my husband and I were living in separate states due to a residency and I had a full time job as a nurse on the other side of the state from the venue! My friends and family were stopping us before we left to thank us for having them because they had so much fun. They told me "this was the best wedding they had ever been too." The best thing was, I knew that it would be the best wedding ever before the day ever came! I had complete trust in Jennifer and the staff at CJ's Off the Square (which is reallllly difficult for a bride living 5 hours away from her venue...who am I kidding, its hard to trust your vendors when you are a bride in general!) I'm so thankful for them and I would suggest them to any bride who wants their wedding to be one of the best days they ever had.

The Perfect Day

Reviewed on 9/28/2014 Jenna V

My husband and I moved to the greater Nashville area almost two years ago and had just gotten engaged, we had no idea where to get married and one day my mom had sent me a link to look at CJ's, the photos were gorgeous and thought it was a hidden gem here in franklin. We had our... Read More first appointment in October walked the venue and signed contracts without a second thought, her venue space was even prettier in person!! Over the next few months she provided us with a list of wedding photographers (we chose Jenna Henderson, amazing!) who were tried and true. she works with an awesome catering company, the florist she uses as well turned our space into something better than the ideas I had, it was like a fairy tale; CJ even had the most beautiful custom chandelier made for the reception. The list goes on and on with things that CJ's provided, the most important though is that she took the stress out of planning so that we could enjoy the process! She's such a dedicated venue owner that she ran around us with sparklers for twenty minutes to help our photographer get the perfect sparkler pic!! I'm so thankful I received that email from my mom, I don't think there's another place in Nashville that could provide the quality, attentiveness, and dedication that CJ's off the Square has!!!

a truly wonderful experience!!!

Reviewed on 7/08/2014 brittany p

I cannot express how happy I am with all of the services I received from CJ's Off the Square. I started looking for a venue about a year before my wedding and checked out numerous places in the Nashville area. I have always wanted to have a garden wedding with a romantic, chic... Read More feel. Finding a venue in Nashville that did not include a barn or a country theme was somewhat difficult. I stumbled upon CJ's in downtown Franklin and was excited to look at a place in the downtown Franklin area that had a large outdoor area. I immediately fell in love! CJ's is so charming and beautiful! The garden area is absolutely breathtaking and I loved that there were plenty of photo opportunities. I especially loved that the reception pavilion is covered in case of rain as most places will make you put a large deposit down on a tent even if you do not end up using it. My absolute favorite part about CJ's is what is included. CJ completely understood my vision & I definitely feel that this place can be made into whatever style you are going for. This venue is truly special and CJ has done a wonderful job at turning a beautiful, old house into an upscale venue. The vendors that CJ uses are absolutely amazing! I could not more highly recommend all of them & I felt completely confident in our wedding being everything we imagined it to be. I had been put-off before by having to use specific vendors but I can honestly say that they did an amazing job and every single person was very professional and efficient. CJ is completely flexible and will work with you to ensure that your vision comes to life. CJ is absolutely amazing and I could not have asked for a more stress-free, pleasant, and beautiful experience. CJ and her team are a true pleasure to work with and it meant the world to me to feel confident in her ability to envision what I wanted my wedding day to be. This venue is everything I had hoped for our wedding and I will cherish the beautiful memories for the rest of my life.

2014-07-09T11:27:35 Response from the vendor

Oh Brittany, you are so sweet! Thanks for sharing this and thank you so much for choosing CJ's Off the Square. On behalf of our entire team, I wish you and Brock lots of love and a very bright and happy life together. -Cj Dickson

CJ's in Franklin

Reviewed on 7/07/2014 Kayla L

We absolutely LOVED our wedding at CJ's!!! CJ was wonderful to work with and went out of her way to help us make our day perfect!! I would recommend her venue to anyone for their special occasion!! It was GORGEOUS!

2014-07-09T11:30:10 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much Kayla! I wish I still had some of your mom's cookies...my office never smelled so good!!! Best wishes to you and Scott, Cj Dickson

Exceeds Expectations

Reviewed on 4/07/2014

Cj's exceeded all expectations. Planning was invaluable and execution on the wedding day was flawless.

Sarah Elsokkary

Reviewed on 9/19/2013 Sarah E

CJ's and Amy were the most amazing group of event planners to work with! We could not have been any more pleased with our wedding and they pulled off our vision flawlessly. Our guests had such an amazing day and we had not a worry in the world during the entire planning process.... Read More They make it so effortless! My husband and I both work full time and they were so accommodating to us and our needs. I would recommend CJ's to any and everyone!

2013-09-20T10:18:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you Sarah! Giving you a worry free, beautiful wedding was our goal and we are so glad you enjoyed your experience! We miss seeing you and Ameer...stop in and say hello when you are in Franklin!

5/25/13 Wedding

Reviewed on 9/19/2013 Jacque B

CJ's was the perfect place to have our wedding. Every aspect of the planning process is simplified and streamlined for brides, which takes the stress out of planning and promotes a more enjoyable experience. All of the staff are attentive, polite, and quick to respond to any... Read More questions a bride or her family may have. I am very grateful to CJ's and Amy for making our wedding day absolutely perfect!

Hands Down the day of my dreams came TRUE!

Reviewed on 9/19/2013 Nikki S

Hands down I would recommend CJ's Off the Square. The venue was beautiful and the staff was super friendly. It made planning my wedding a blast. They made everything I envisioned for my wedding day come to life. I not only got the wedding of my dreams, I had a blast planning it... Read More and got to see it come together as we went along. Thank you for an amazing wedding that was stress free, I truly got to enjoy my wedding because they had everything covered.

Best Wedding Decision I Made!

Reviewed on 9/19/2013 Mary M

I knew from the pictures on CJ's Off The Square's website that my wedding would be amazingly beautiful, but my expectations were greatly surpassed. I married May 12, 2013, and the weather was luckily perfect. The garden was in bloom and the string lights and candles added to the... Read More evening's ambience. I actually live 9 hours away, but I wanted a wedding closer to family. I booked my wedding date without even visiting the site first. My fiancé and I made one trip five and half months before the wedding to make a few selections and we were extremely happy with our decision to have our wedding at CJ's. Since I was an out of town bride, I was extremely stressed and it didn't help I was very indecisive and constantly changing my mind. However, everyone at CJ's, especially Lindsey, was very courteous and helpful. The day of the wedding, they set up all the decorations I had brought and did such a lovely job. It turned out way better than I could have ever of done myself. One of my favorite parts of the day was arriving with my bridesmaids and touring the grounds before getting ready. They were all in awe and kept saying how jealous they were. The team at CJ's are truly talented and professional. The DJ and caterer were fantastic. Months after my wedding people are still talking about how much fun they had and how delicious the food and cake were. CJ's Off The Square seriously gave me that fairy tale wedding I have always wanted.

My Dream Came True at CJ's!

Reviewed on 8/12/2013

From the beginning, the staff at CJ's Off the Square went above and beyond to make the vision I had for my wedding come to life. The entire experience was completely personalized to accomodate both my ideas for the big day and my budget... a hard combo to find ;) If you are... Read More looking to take all of the stress out of wedding planning, this is definitely the venue to choose! They have an amazing selection of decor to choose from and work with the best vendors in the city. I've had countless people tell me our wedding looked like something out of a bridal magazine... and I give all the credit to my friends at CJ's!! :)

Greatest day ever...sad it's over!

Reviewed on 8/04/2013 Cara H

I found CJ's off the Square online and fell in love but didn't think in a million years I would be able to hold my wedding there. I visited Nashville, which was where my husband and I met, to visit the venue. Once I was able to see it in person I was determined to make it... Read More happen! I saved money and signed the contract! I lived out of state and Lindsey made the planning process fun and easy. I was able to be a part of the planning and add my own personal touches through out the entire event. The day of was the most exciting! Showing up and seeing all of the ideas and thoughts come to life was beautiful! The décor, weather, staff, and wedding was amazing! I loved the charm of the old house and every little detail from the bridal suite to the man cave. They helped me find my vendors for cake, photography, DJ, transportation, and food. The day was flawless and smooth and I couldn't have asked for anything else other than more time!

Perfect!

Reviewed on 7/22/2013 Ashley T

I'm copying/pasting my review from Wedding Wire: I could NOT be happier that I had my wedding at CJ's Off the Square! Of course, the venue is absolutely beautiful, but it's really the quality of service that they provide that makes it so outstanding. No detail goes... Read More overlooked! Amy Parman helped us through the process every step of the way and was always available to address any questions and concerns. She is friendly, professional, organized, creative, knowledgeable--pretty much everything an event coordinator should be! Our wedding was just what I'd envisioned, thanks in large part to the wonderful people at CJ's!

TO CJ's Off the Square