Claire A. Miller, Justice of the Peace

Serving Central MA, Metro West, & Boston

Civil Union, Elopement, Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony, Same Sex Ceremony

Religious Affiliations

Buddhist, Catholic, Christian, Interfaith, Jewish, Muslim

Ceremony, Wedding

Boston, MA Serving Central MA, Metro West, & Boston (508) 839-5732

Reviewed on 7/01/2017 Michelle S

We wish we could give Claire more than 5 stars. She was absolutely amazing and made our wedding perfect. After looking at countless of reviews of JPs, we found Claire and are SO happy we did. She walked us through the entire process and was so patient. She did everything from... Read More help us explore readings to explain how to file for a marriage license. We had 175 guests at the wedding and every single person commented on how amazing Claire and the ceremony was. Many people asked if she was a friend of ours. She took time to get to know us and to ensure our personalities were reflected in the ceremony. She made the planning process so simple. She definitely has a gift. THANK YOU, CLAIRE!!

Reviewed on 4/26/2017 Nicole l

We were so overjoyed to find Claire that we had her marry us TWICE! First we eloped during the very snowy February of 2014 (with not a lot of notice) and Claire was super helpful about suggesting places and was totally patient with us nailing down the location details. She... Read More married us outdoors on what ended up being the most beautiful sunny day of that month and it was perfect! She provided many helpful vows which made for wonderfully precious memories and also made the process of putting vows together feel much less overwhelming. Then 8 months later we had a backyard wedding with over 100 people and she married us again! Throughout the process of both ceremonies, Claire was the grounding, perceptive and enthusiastic guidance we needed. Her emails were always timely and sincere and expressed her genuine support for our marriage. She also did a wonderful job with both a small group as well as a larger group! We couldn't have been happier to have found her. We would (and have) recommend(ed) her to anyone we know looking to join spirits in marriage.

Reviewed on 4/19/2017 Nicholas B

Claire was amazing and helped make our special day truly perfect. She was always available for questions and flexible with how we wanted our service worded. We dreaded finding a justice of the peace but Claire made our planning for the ceremony a breeze and could have not been... Read More any easier. We are extremely thankful for everything Claire has done and strongly suggest her as your justice of the peace.

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Julie M

Claire was incredible from start to finish. After meeting with Claire at her home, we knew we had found the officiant that we were looking for. Claire was a breeze to work with during the planning process. She provided us with well planned outlines to customize our ceremony... Read More and she helped us complete our vision by giving examples from her experience. She emailed us a variety of wedding resources to use if we wished - blessings, readings, examples of symbolic gestures, and a variety of different vows. We opted for the custom ceremony - so we both completed a questionnaire about how we met and our relationship and then Claire took it from there! On July 16th, 2016, Claire created such a wonderful ceremony for our wedding. I can't tell you how many people approached us to tell us how great our ceremony was and how sincere Claire was in her delivery of our love story! At least 4 different people said that it was the best ceremony they have ever seen - and these people have been to a LOT of weddings... Claire truly made it the best ceremony that my new husband and I have ever seen too and we're so glad that we can say that it was the perfect ceremony, perfectly designed just for us!

Reviewed on 2/21/2016

Where do I begin??? First off, Claire is the warmest, and most welcoming person we have ever met. Upon emailing her, she greeted me with words, which were so warm it was as if I had already met her in person. We had to change our date and i was nervous about telling her, but... Read More when I did, she was fine with it and open to any date convenient to us. She offered up her beautiful home to us to host our ceremony because our budget was TIGHT! We did it on her porch and it was perfect! She is PERFECT!!! I am so so so so happy I found her profile! Thank you so much Claire for making our day so special!!!!!!

Reviewed on 1/21/2016 Shandra G

Claire did an absolutely wonderful job writing our ceremony and officiating our wedding. We wanted a completely secular ceremony, but one that had traditional elements while still feeling personal. She provided tons of examples and resources to help us create the ceremony,... Read More from readings to vows to symbolic actions. The ceremony Claire put together was perfect and we got dozens of compliments on how well it fit us as a couple. Claire was great to work with and made the process very clear and easy. She truly takes the time to get to know you as a couple and create something special.

Reviewed on 12/07/2015 erin T

Claire is the justice of the peace you book when you want your family to think the ceremony is so personal they assume Claire is a personal friend of you and your future spouse. Her originality and wide variety of different wedding ceremonies, symbols, readings and desire to... Read More incorporate anything new, different, or unique to the couple make her the best option for any bride who cares as much about the ceremony as the other details of the day. She was wicked easy to communicate with and she was always quick to respond to emails, and is extremely flexible in regards to meeting with you. Her diction is clear and her background as a speech pathologist means no mumbling or slurring of words. We felt extremely comfortable with claire at the wheel of the ceremony. She was a pleasure to work with and we look forward to booking her years down the road for our vow renewals. If you don't book her, you will wish you had.

Reviewed on 12/04/2015 Monique C

Claire is SO wonderful. She was accommodating in terms of where/when to meet with us, had so much material for us to look through and help us decide what was right for our ceremony, and was very reasonably priced. We had a phenomenal experience with Claire, and many of our... Read More guests commented on how perfect our ceremony was. We went for the customized ceremony, and I was impressed by how well Claire was able to really capture my husband and I and our relationship with the ceremony that she put together. We couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Reviewed on 12/01/2015 Katelyn D

I'm not sure exactly what site I found Claire's info on, but I am SO glad that we did! Claire's services where very reasonably priced. She made herself available to us throughout our year long engagement and was always prompt, prepared, and professional. We are a non-religious... Read More couple and Claire created a ceremony that really captured our story and our personalities SO well!! We used her custom ceremony service and it was amazing! All of our wedding guests raved about how original and "us" the ceremony was! It was a huge hit! I would (and will) highly recommend Claire Miller to anyone looking for a justice of the peace. She was a pleasure to work with and she truly made our special day that much more memorable!

Reviewed on 10/04/2015

I found Claire on Weddingwire, read her reviews and was immediately drawn to her. Check out her website, she is exactly as she portrays herself. She is so easy to talk to, and loves what she does. We knew at our first meeting we had found our JP! We opted for the custom... Read More ceremony. Claire sent us questionnaires to work on months before the ceremony so that she could gather enough information to put our love story into words and read during our ceremony. It was perfect! All our guests loved that and commented on how great she was and how they had never seen a more beautiful ceremony. Claire also offered multiple variations of readings, vows, ring exchanges, etc to help us pick out a perfect ceremony for us that would flow flawlessly. It was a success!! We wrote our own vows and Claire came prepared with them printed for us, just incase we forgot them! Claire was always available to answer any and all of our questions as our big day came close. She was like a good friend guiding you along, and when I saw her just before the ceremony and she greeted me with a big hug I knew I had nothing to worry about, all my nerves went away and I was confident we were in good hands ... And we were! :) Afterwards she left a beautiful packet of the entire ceremony in print. What a great gift to be able to go back and read our ceremony, we will treasure that always! Thanks Claire for our perfect ceremony!! <3 K&R 9.12.15

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Vanessa M

Look no further. My husband and I feel SO very lucky to have found Claire in our search for an officiant. It was like we dreamed her up. She was very helpful in guiding us and offering plenty of materials and advice to put together a beautifully ceremony, perfectly tailored... Read More to our ideals. She was readily available to us and we were in touch as much as we needed prior to our wedding day. Given our long distance, she took the time to 'meet' with us over a FaceTime call to better get to know us before the rehearsal and wedding. We had a great feeling about her right from the start. Claire is very professional, warm, caring, and you can tell she loves what she does. There were some thoughtful questions she had us individually answer over email to help her write a very personal opening to our ceremony. People are still remarking months later that ours was the most beautifully touching and memorable ceremony they've ever been to and we attribute that to Claire. We've even been asked by friends for her info for when they get married, they were so impressed. Not only is she lovely, radiant, and eloquent - I believe she truly cares about the couples she marries and that shows through. On our wedding day she gifted us an elegantly packaged print out of our ceremony, vows, and marriage certificate. Truly, we could not imagine anyone better for our most special day. Five stars for Claire Miller, all the way!

Fantastic! One of a kind!

Reviewed on 1/04/2015 Courtney D

Claire was more than we could have ever imagined a justice of the peace to be. She worked so well with us, and it was like she knew us for years. She helped and guided us every step of the way with items we would have missed without her help. To this day, many of our guests... Read More comment on how wonderful claire was during the ceremony, and how her personality made the ceremony unforgettable! We would without a doubt recommend her to friends, family, or anyone in need of a justice of the peace. We can't thank her enough for what she did for us. It was a blessing finding her!

5+ stars! Highly Recommended

Reviewed on 12/15/2014 Misty W

We couldn't be happier with Claire’s Services! When I was wedding planning I refused to hire anyone without referrals from people I knew. A friend from work got married & not only did she rave about Claire, but so did all of my other coworkers that attended the wedding! They... Read More actually thought she was a friend who happened to be a JOP! She works hard at getting to know each couple and it really reflects in the ceremony! Claire was a delight to work with and made the process painless! She supplied ALL the information we needed (references, readings, examples, how-to’s, reminders!) and once you get to see the first draft of your ceremony it’s evident how much passion she has for what she does & how hard she works to deliver exactly what you want! My favorite detail about Claire’s services is she had us fill out a questionnaire with all sorts of questions to get to know us and our relationship better. My husband & I chose to do them separately and to not share our answers. Claire then incorporated some of our responses into our ceremony, it added an extra sentimental touch that gave us something to look forward to! Then she left us copies of each others answers with a very thoughtful card at our wedding, which was fun to read after the wedding! I come from a very catholic family and was worried about the response I would get for not only getting married outside of the church but also having a female JOP – the reaction was nothing but love. Everyone thought our ceremony was perfect and so “us”; It told our story in such a heartfelt but comedic way, there was laughter & tears! We received a lot of compliments! I can not recommend Claire enough! No matter what kind of ceremony you are looking for, I promise you will not be disappointed!

Perfect!

Reviewed on 10/13/2014

We were so happy to have Claire as our JP. She took the time from the start to get to know us as a couple and individually. She performed a personalized ceremony for us and skillfully included all of the details about our story that we provided her on her questionnaire. Many of... Read More our guests told us that this was one of their favorite ceremonies that they had ever been to! I would recommend Claire without hesitation to anyone that wants a personalized ceremony that reflects the interests and priorities of the couple!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 9/01/2014 Katie G

Claire Miller is an amazing justice of the peace. From the very beginning, she was extremely professional and friendly, and made a point to get to know us as a couple. She gives a little quiz to the couple to help with her service.. many guests at the wedding assumed she was a... Read More close friend of ours because of how well she understood us! Claire was definitely the best vendor at our wedding, and we were told by many that it was the best wedding they ever attended (including their own!). We give Claire all the credit... and I hope to see her win the knot award again this year!

Best decision we made!

Reviewed on 8/26/2014 Kate O

My now husband and I were getting married and searching for a JP about an hour from our house. We found Claire and decided to contact her due to all of her great reviews. We exchanged emails and decided to "meet" via FaceTime. From our initial meeting it was clear that we had... Read More found the JP that would marry us. Claire is so easy to talk with, she's personable and so positive. She made the entire process so easy, she always responded to emails timely and was an absolute pleasure to work with. We chose to do a custom wedding ceremony, and anytime I think back on the wedding this one of the best decisions we made. The ceremony was extremely personal, Claire had us fill out questionnaires and she constructed a beautiful narrative and helped us pick out readings. Our wedding ceremony was so personal, so well written and so meaningful. She really captured our story and pieced everything together the day of to make it so special. I cannot say enough good things about Claire. So many guests at the wedding and after commented on how beautiful the ceremony was, and some people thought she was our friend. You can tell that she loves what she does and she's good at it.

#1 JP servicing our area

Reviewed on 10/13/2013 Kristina D

Claire was an absolute joy to work with. She was so accommodating, professional, funny and nice. She provided us with a lot of material to make sure that our ceremony was exactly what we were looking for. She made our ceremony the perfect combination of romance and humor. Our... Read More friends and family could not stop saying enough good things about our ceremony and how perfect she had made it. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a JP, especially if you are looking for an "outside the box" type of ceremony. Absolutely amazing and we could not have asked for a more PERFECT ceremony!!!

Perfect!

Reviewed on 10/03/2013

Tom and I found Claire Miller from a review. Everyone raved about her, so she was our first choice. We "eloped" this past Saturday with Claire as our officiant (on her lovely front porch as it was such a beauty of a day). Even though we went for a simple approach, Claire was... Read More thorough and extremely attentive to our requests. We highly recommend this wonderful lady! I can see why she's so popular. Very, very, very nice person and so focused on what you want.

Awesome JP!

Reviewed on 10/02/2013

Claire was wonderful to work with. She was attentive and prompt. We loved how personal our ceremony was and how much we could customize it to reflect us. All of our guests also commented on this. We really could not have asked for a better officiant and would recommend Claire to... Read More anyone who wants a personal ceremony and an awesome officiant to work with!

Outstanding JP!

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 Michelle

Claire has given my husband and I something we will cherish for the rest of our lives! I cannot give enough praise to this lovely woman for what she does when it comes to the marriage of two people. From the moment we met Claire, we knew she would be the perfect person to marry... Read More us. She is so easy to relate to, so down to earth, and just so caring. When our big day finally arrived, she blew us away with her ethereal presence, calming nature, and her beautiful words. Our wedding guests are still telling us that our ceremony was the most personal, and special ceremony they've been witness to. Claire really got who we are and conveyed it so well. We wish her all the best and are so excited for couples who are planning to be married by her. Claire is a truly special person and a very talented Justice of the Peace.

Love her so much, we hired her TWICE!

Reviewed on 9/27/2013 Lura T

Claire is phenomenal at what she does, is kind and caring, easy to work with, and best of all, her love of her work shines throughout her service. I have looked forward to every encounter with Claire throughout the entire process, and would choose her year after year to wed... Read More my significant other and I, if getting married yearly was an option :) If there are to be any re-commitment ceremonies down the road, Claire can expect to hear from us!

Wonderful!

Reviewed on 8/22/2013 Jessica W

Claire was simply amazing to work with. From our first meeting, we knew she was the perfect person to officiate our wedding. We just clicked with her and knew our ceremony would reflect us as individuals as well as a couple. Claire is so creative and came to us with so many... Read More great ideas to choose from for a unique and customized ceremony! We received so many compliments after our wedding that our ceremony felt really personal and heartfelt. Some even thought Claire was a close friend because it was as if she had known us forever. She was organized and thorough and was a strong resource throughout the entire planning process. She is downright a good person with a caring heart and soul. She is compassionate and it is so clear that she loves bringing people together. She puts her all into each ceremony to make it so special. She is one of the nicest people I know, and I am proud to say that she officiated our wedding!

A memorable ceremony and so romantic.

Reviewed on 8/21/2013 Kim L

My wedding day is one I can remember to every detail thanks to Claire and her wonderful help. The meetings we had each time we met and how personal it was to us. The relationship we had with her showed through to everyone. We got asked if she was a friend. If you want a... Read More personalized or romantic ceremony, Claire is the one to have. We had help with how to write our own vows and Our vows were ones everyone remembers because they are love letters to each other. Claire will hold a special place in our hearts forever.

Perfect perfect perfect.

Reviewed on 7/22/2013 Rachel S

Our ceremony was the most important part of the wedding for us. Claire nailed it. She works with you as much as you need, and she's charismatic and kind. SO many of our guests asked if she was a family friend or close to us in some way-- she just feels so homey! It was the... Read More best part of our day and Claire is to thank for it!

Beautiful and memorable ceremony, thanks to Claire!

Reviewed on 7/16/2013 Trisha C

On a rainy day in May, my husband and I married at the Wayside Inn in Sudbury and had planned for a beautiful, garden wedding. Because of the weather, we moved it indoors, into tight space, surrounded by family and friends. Despite the weather, we knew that our ceremony would... Read More be nice because we had already met Claire a few times and loved her style. We had no idea how special it would be, and how beautiful the ceremony would turn out. Claire really gets to know the couple she is marrying, even in such a short time, and seems to have a way with putting together the most memorable ceremony, creating a story about the couple beginning with the time they met. Our family and friends, and also the wait staff, couldn't say enough about our wedding, how personable it was, and how they had never witnessed such a beautiful ceremony...all thanks to Claire. Claire also gave us so many ideas that we could use to blend our families during the ceremony, and to include our children in the day, making it even more special. My husband and I are grateful to Claire for being able to officiate our ceremony, and for creating the most beautiful and memorable ceremony.