Classic Cakes By Lori

Serving Austin/Dripping Springs

Creating Memories One Cake at a Time

Classic Cakes by Lori is a Christian-based cake shop specializing in custom cakes. The cakes we bake are made fresh and are never frozen. Custom cakes are all shapes and sizes, carved or traditional for all occasions….and at affordable prices.

Cakes + Desserts

2400-B Hwy 290 W, Dripping Springs, TX Serving Austin/Dripping Springs (512) 829-4831

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 Jessica W

Lori did an AMAZING job on mine and my husband cake! Not only did they look amazing they were delicious!! My husbands cake was a design neither Lori or her husband had ever seen and it turned out perfect. I could not be more happy with choosing Classic Cakes by Lori. I would... Read More highly recommend them to any couple getting married!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Beth H

My wedding cake was so beautiful and so delicious! I would recommend cakes by Lori to anyone getting married in the hill country, Austin area and beyond. They were also wonderful to work with and very affordable.

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Jenna S

Classic Cakes was GREAT! The cake was delicious, all the guests loved it and I thought the staff was super fun and professional. Our tasting was great and Lori called me 10 days before the wedding to make sure our visions aligned and I really appreciated that! Thank you Lori!!

Reviewed on 5/28/2017 Victoria L

I am over the moon happy with my experience with Classic Cakes by Lori! Communication was so fast and straight forward and everyone was extremely accommodating. We got to sit down with Lori over the phone and in person to get the specifics of the cake down. The cake was... Read More absolutely gorgeous and even better than what I could have dreamed of. Of all of our vendors, I never doubted that the final results would be less than amazing. I am incredibly happy with the cake and service delivered by Classic Cakes by Lori and would highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 5/25/2017 Irlanda N

We absolutely loved our wedding cake and my husband was so excited with his grooms cake! Our experience with Classic Cakes by Lori was great from the get go! All the flavors are delicious but my absolute favorite was the lemon cake with fresh raspberry and lemon filling, so... Read More good! All in all picking Classic Cakes by Lori as our cake vendor was the best decision we made! Thank you!

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Sarah J

The bride's cake and groom's cake was so beautiful and delicious!! From the very beginning of the sampling of the cakes to the final bites of cake at the wedding, the owners were great to work with! Lori set up a 30 minute phone conversation a few weeks before the wedding to... Read More discuss the cakes in detail and answer any questions we had. They showed up a few hours before the ceremony to set up the cake and decorate it with the flowers we had set out for them to put into the bridal cake, and the cakes were almost too pretty to eat! Definitely recommend this family-owned company for purchasing your next cake.

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Whitney M

Classic Cakes by Lori designed, delivered, and baked our wedding cake. From start to finish, they were easy to work with, accommodating, and did everything in their power to make us happy. The cake was delicious and the exact flavors my husband wanted with my dream design! I had... Read More multiple people come up to me that day and even had someone mention yesterday (7 weeks after my wedding) how beautiful and delicious the cake was. When we originally ordered our cake 8 months prior to the wedding, Cakes by Lori already had too many deliveries, so we signed the contract knowing we'd have to pick it up. Lori personally called me to go over what that entailed and to address concerns I had about the cake not being refrigerated for so long. Well, she heard about our last minute rain issues among other drama during that phone call then had a delivery girl start work early to hand deliver our cake for a very nominal amount, just to make our lives easier. My husband made our sliced wood cake stand. Lori's husband went out of his way to email us back and forth to explain the proper way to seal the wood as he was worried we'd end up with bugs from the wood on our cake that day. No one wants to eat cake covered in bugs! Of course, under their direction, we had no problems. Lastly, a couple of our guests gave up sweets for Lent, so they took cake home to freeze until Easter. They said the quality was outstanding even weeks later. The whole Classic Cakes by Lori team and product are fantastic. I would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Whitney M

Lori did such an amazing job with our beautiful 3 tier wedding cake. She made it exactly how I wanted and it was delicious! They were prompt and very professional! Thank you again Lori for our beautiful and delicious wedding cake :) -Whitney Boepple Mussett

Reviewed on 5/01/2017 Anna P

Lori did such an amazing job on our wedding cake! It was more beautiful than I could have even imagined. The whole process of ordering and designing our cake was the easiest part of the entire wedding planning. We had an idea for our design and they helped bring it to life. It... Read More also tasted absolutely amazing! I'm not a super dessert fan but I ate like 3 pieces of our cake! It was perfect! The whole team at Classic Cakes were insanely nice and accommodating. If you want a wonderful cake and a wonderful experience...book them right now!! Trust me! :)

Reviewed on 4/30/2017 Melissa C

Lori did a fabulous job on my wedding cake! Not only did it look beautiful, it also was baked to perfection. In addition to all of this Lori's team was very responsive and paid close attention to the details to ensure the cake was just as I expected. From our initial... Read More consultation and tasting to the day of, everything was fabulous.

Reviewed on 4/29/2017 Julie D

Lori made my husband and my wedding cake and it was delicious! After tasting six different combinations, we went with a marble cake with fresh raspberries and French vanilla with chocolate mousse, both amazing. They created a Birchwood design on the cake which was simple, but so... Read More perfect for our hill country wedding. They are very reasonably priced as far as wedding cakes go and they are very easy to work with. Lori called ~2 weeks before the wedding to confirm all of the information and check on delivery timing, all of which was very much appreciated.

Reviewed on 4/26/2017 Ashley G

My cake turned out amazing and tasted even better!!

Reviewed on 4/25/2017 Kelsey M

Lori did such a good job! We had a small cake and cupcakes for our guests and the flavors were delicious! Would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 4/23/2017 Helen L

Amazing, beautiful, delicious, delicious, delicious, what more can I say? Classic Cakes by Lori was fantastic!! Lori, her husband, and her son Jeremy were so nice and easy to work with. Lori called a week before the wedding to confirm the details and I honestly had no concerns.... Read More We chose a 4 tiered round cake with multiple flavors frosted with melt in your mouth buttercream in ribbon swirl. Almond white wedding cake with Bavarian cream filling, strawberry cake filled with vanilla mousse, and lemon cake with raspberry cream cheese filling…OH MY! Our florist left some of the wedding mix for Lori who decorated the cake and it was just lovely. Thankfully our caterer saved us a few slices because it was GONE! We over estimated because we wanted leftovers but even so it was gobbled up. Our guests wanted to try all the different flavors and kept going back for more. We saved our top tier but that too disappeared when my husband and I couldn’t resist once we got back home. Luckily they’ll recreate it for your first anniversary which is a nice bonus. You will not regret working with Classic Cakes by Lori. Your guests will thank you!

Reviewed on 4/21/2017 Ashley P

Everyone at Classic Cakes by Lori went above and beyond for us. I live in Florida/planned a lot of my wedding out of state and found this bakery online without a cake tasting. They were exceptional! Lori was very creative and helped us with a grooms cake design. The cake was... Read More also very delicious. I highly recommend this bakery! Thank you for all that you did!

Reviewed on 4/14/2017 Kristen S

The only thing that was disappointing was that I didn't get more cake, my guests inhaled it! It was beautiful! The shop is family owned and operated so it was nice to be able to call them up if I had any questions. They are such sweet people and so easy to work with. Two of my... Read More friends have used them for their weddings so it was a no brainer who I would go with! :)

Reviewed on 4/10/2017 Kaela K

Not only was our cake beautiful, but it was also delicious! My family and friends were singing its praises afterward (we got lemon cake with lemon and raspberry filling with buttercream frosting--yum!). The whole cake deciding/purchasing experience was easy and pleasant with... Read More Classic Cakes by Lori, and the price was very reasonable. Definitely recommend!

Reviewed on 3/28/2017 Amanda W

Classic Cakes by Lori did an AMAZING job on our wedding cake and groom's cake. I went in to the initial meeting/tasting knowing exactly what I wanted for our wedding cake, and a *slight* idea for the groom's cake (which was going to be a surprise for my husband). I was 99% won... Read More over by the flavors (best cakes I tasted BY FAR), but then when it came to planning the groom's cake, I was sold. Lori's husband is so personable and friendly and helped me to narrow down my idea and came up with the most epic groom's cake I could have imagined. My husband (at that time, fiance) and I were planning our wedding while moving across the country so I wanted to do something special that represented Texas and that he loved. We ended up deciding on a Whataburger French Fry cake. It was INCREDIBLE. Everyone loved it, and my husband was so surprised. I think it brought a tear to his eye. The wedding cake was stunning and so, so, so delicious. Lori is so kind and helpful. When she called me a few weeks before the wedding to smooth out all of the final details, she gave me some awesome wedding planning advice and was just so sweet. You will not regret going with Classic Cakes by Lori and it is definitely worth every penny!

Reviewed on 3/26/2017 Kristen K

Lori does a great job creating not only a beautiful cake but an EXTREMELY tasty one! It was moist and delicious. Lori and her husband are very professional and make you feel comfortable working with them. I had so many friends and family tell me coordinating the cake was the... Read More most stressful part of the wedding, but Lori ensured that cake was not something I had to worry about!!!

Reviewed on 3/24/2017 Andrea R

Wedding cakes do not get any tastier/beautiful/personal than Lori's. From the start, Lori and her husband make you feel cared about. I never once felt like they just wanted my business. The week before the wedding they call you to finalized details. After talking to Lori, I... Read More instantly felt relaxed as I knew she would be totally in charge of it. My husband and I really liked our tasting, but the actually wedding cake was TO DIE FOR. It was moist, not overly sweet, and had tons of flavor. We had many guest tell us that it was the best wedding cake they had ever had. If you want personalized exceptional care - look no further than Classic cakes by Lori

Reviewed on 3/11/2017 Serina H

We loved our cake! We chose 2 different flavors and even our guests raved about how delicious and moist our cake was. The entire process with Classic Cakes By Lori was professional from scheduling our cake tasting to day of delivery. My husband and I are actually going to order... Read More our 1st year anniversary cake from them to relive the wonderful experience!

Reviewed on 3/01/2017 Elizabeth W

Everything about Classic Cakes by Lori was fabulous! From the very beginning, they were super responsive to calls and emails (perfect for an anxious bride), and made the entire process from tasting to day-of easy. We had a beautiful display of cupcakes in 5 DELICIOUS flavors,... Read More with a top tier for my husband and I to cut into, and a Captain America Shield for the groom's cake (which was a wedding day surprise that was pulled off flawlessly). I brought a few pictures and a paint swatch that matched the color of my dress to the tasting and, from that, Lori created a masterpiece! I emailed after our tasting explaining that I wanted to add the surprise groom's cake to the order, and Jeremy helped me pull that off with ease. Can't say enough about this lovely group of people. HIGHLY recommend!

Reviewed on 2/27/2017 Brooke R

I could not be happier with my wedding cake and grooms cake I ordered. I changed my wedding date and ordered without a tasting just trusting it would turn out great and it was more beautiful and delicious than I could have dreamt. Jeremy walked me through the order knowing just... Read More the vision I told him over the phone and it was exactly what I wanted. Lori was so gracious kind and accommodating. Delivery was on time and smooth. I would highly recommend to anyone and everyone. Thank you everyone at lori's for making my special day even more special

Reviewed on 2/16/2017 donna b

OMG!!! Amazing!! I cannot say enough wonderful things about Lori and her staff. I chose Classic Cakes by Lori for my daughter's wedding in January because as a former wedding planner I'd done a wedding with Lori before. I knew how passionate she was about her cakes, and the... Read More personal touch she offers making you feel like your cake is the only one she is working on, when I found out they do many many wedding cakes every weekend. She had 6 cakes on my daughter's wedding day. Yes, the drive to Dripping Springs to her shop is rather lengthy but so well worth it! Right from the beginning, her staff couldn't have been more helpful. Danny (name?) even had the brillant suggestion that since my daughter's dress was a medium ivory color that the icing should be that color also instead of white as he said it would look much better in the pictures. As the day approached, Lori called me to discuss final details, and she wanted to perfectly match the icing color and suggested I go to the paint store and get a paint swatch that matched the dress, which I did. I told her my daughter wanted a simple cascade down the side of the 4 layer cake, careful to not use too many flowers which overwhelms the cake itself. Again, wanting it to be exactly as my daughter and I wanted, she suggested I look at pictures on her website as well as other websites and send her a picture so she'd be clear. Our flowers were from Central Market, and the flowers they sent for the cake were far more than Lori could use. Lori later told me the venue suggested that she (the baker) put the extra flowers into some vases they provided to use as extra flower arrangements. She said she had never been asked to do that before, but she agreed as she wanted to be as helpful as she could! The cake was a work of art, incredibly gorgeous! And the groom's cake was a 14 inch round dark chocolate with peanut butter filling and the Texan team logo on top. I was concerned that everyone's lips and teeth would be red and blue, but they assured me they would not, which they weren't. I'm not usually a cake person, but I will have to say, the almond cake with fresh strawberries and cream fillling with buttercream icing was incredible!! I found myself eating an entire huge piece later in the night. And the groom's cake was definitely a rich cake for the serious chocolate lover, and serving it with milk was a huge hit as well. We thought we had more cake than we did guests and assumed there would be left overs for later in the night, but there wasn't! The guests had feasted well on Lori's incredible cakes.

Reviewed on 2/15/2017 Alyssa G

Having a destination wedding scared me in the beginning, but vendors like Classic Cakes by Lori made planning from afar an absolute breeze. Lori personally called me before the wedding to re-confirm every detail and she went the extra mile on our wedding day by setting up our... Read More entire cake table (cupcakes and all). Although my husband and I only had the small bite we shared when we cut the cake, our guests continue to rave about how delicious the cupcakes were. Lori and her team took all of our ideas and brought them to life. I would recommend using this 5-star bakery for your upcoming wedding or event!