Classic Cakes By Lori

Serving Austin/Dripping Springs

Creating Memories One Cake at a Time

Classic Cakes by Lori is a Christian-based cake shop specializing in custom cakes. The cakes we bake are made fresh and are never frozen. Custom cakes are all shapes and sizes, carved or traditional for all occasions….and at affordable prices.

Cakes + Desserts

2400-B Hwy 290 W, Dripping Springs, TX Serving Austin/Dripping Springs (512) 829-4831

Reviewed on 3/24/2017 Andrea R

Wedding cakes do not get any tastier/beautiful/personal than Lori's. From the start, Lori and her husband make you feel cared about. I never once felt like they just wanted my business. The week before the wedding they call you to finalized details. After talking to Lori, I... Read More instantly felt relaxed as I knew she would be totally in charge of it. My husband and I really liked our tasting, but the actually wedding cake was TO DIE FOR. It was moist, not overly sweet, and had tons of flavor. We had many guest tell us that it was the best wedding cake they had ever had. If you want personalized exceptional care - look no further than Classic cakes by Lori

Reviewed on 3/11/2017 Serina H

We loved our cake! We chose 2 different flavors and even our guests raved about how delicious and moist our cake was. The entire process with Classic Cakes By Lori was professional from scheduling our cake tasting to day of delivery. My husband and I are actually going to order... Read More our 1st year anniversary cake from them to relive the wonderful experience!

Reviewed on 3/01/2017 Elizabeth W

Everything about Classic Cakes by Lori was fabulous! From the very beginning, they were super responsive to calls and emails (perfect for an anxious bride), and made the entire process from tasting to day-of easy. We had a beautiful display of cupcakes in 5 DELICIOUS flavors,... Read More with a top tier for my husband and I to cut into, and a Captain America Shield for the groom's cake (which was a wedding day surprise that was pulled off flawlessly). I brought a few pictures and a paint swatch that matched the color of my dress to the tasting and, from that, Lori created a masterpiece! I emailed after our tasting explaining that I wanted to add the surprise groom's cake to the order, and Jeremy helped me pull that off with ease. Can't say enough about this lovely group of people. HIGHLY recommend!

Reviewed on 2/27/2017 Brooke R

I could not be happier with my wedding cake and grooms cake I ordered. I changed my wedding date and ordered without a tasting just trusting it would turn out great and it was more beautiful and delicious than I could have dreamt. Jeremy walked me through the order knowing just... Read More the vision I told him over the phone and it was exactly what I wanted. Lori was so gracious kind and accommodating. Delivery was on time and smooth. I would highly recommend to anyone and everyone. Thank you everyone at lori's for making my special day even more special

Reviewed on 2/16/2017 donna b

OMG!!! Amazing!! I cannot say enough wonderful things about Lori and her staff. I chose Classic Cakes by Lori for my daughter's wedding in January because as a former wedding planner I'd done a wedding with Lori before. I knew how passionate she was about her cakes, and the... Read More personal touch she offers making you feel like your cake is the only one she is working on, when I found out they do many many wedding cakes every weekend. She had 6 cakes on my daughter's wedding day. Yes, the drive to Dripping Springs to her shop is rather lengthy but so well worth it! Right from the beginning, her staff couldn't have been more helpful. Danny (name?) even had the brillant suggestion that since my daughter's dress was a medium ivory color that the icing should be that color also instead of white as he said it would look much better in the pictures. As the day approached, Lori called me to discuss final details, and she wanted to perfectly match the icing color and suggested I go to the paint store and get a paint swatch that matched the dress, which I did. I told her my daughter wanted a simple cascade down the side of the 4 layer cake, careful to not use too many flowers which overwhelms the cake itself. Again, wanting it to be exactly as my daughter and I wanted, she suggested I look at pictures on her website as well as other websites and send her a picture so she'd be clear. Our flowers were from Central Market, and the flowers they sent for the cake were far more than Lori could use. Lori later told me the venue suggested that she (the baker) put the extra flowers into some vases they provided to use as extra flower arrangements. She said she had never been asked to do that before, but she agreed as she wanted to be as helpful as she could! The cake was a work of art, incredibly gorgeous! And the groom's cake was a 14 inch round dark chocolate with peanut butter filling and the Texan team logo on top. I was concerned that everyone's lips and teeth would be red and blue, but they assured me they would not, which they weren't. I'm not usually a cake person, but I will have to say, the almond cake with fresh strawberries and cream fillling with buttercream icing was incredible!! I found myself eating an entire huge piece later in the night. And the groom's cake was definitely a rich cake for the serious chocolate lover, and serving it with milk was a huge hit as well. We thought we had more cake than we did guests and assumed there would be left overs for later in the night, but there wasn't! The guests had feasted well on Lori's incredible cakes.

Reviewed on 2/15/2017 Alyssa G

Having a destination wedding scared me in the beginning, but vendors like Classic Cakes by Lori made planning from afar an absolute breeze. Lori personally called me before the wedding to re-confirm every detail and she went the extra mile on our wedding day by setting up our... Read More entire cake table (cupcakes and all). Although my husband and I only had the small bite we shared when we cut the cake, our guests continue to rave about how delicious the cupcakes were. Lori and her team took all of our ideas and brought them to life. I would recommend using this 5-star bakery for your upcoming wedding or event!

Reviewed on 2/13/2017 Leslie M

We had a strict budget for our cake and Lori and her team made our dream cake happen within our budget. The cake was so good we only had a piece to take home and freeze, everyone raved about it and some had multiple servings. When I first reached out to Lori and her team, they... Read More set up a call to discuss my budget and some options. We settled on a 2 tier cake (6" and 8") to display on a sweetheart table with decorations around and sheet cake for catering to cut and serve as dessert for guests. This not only made cake cutting efficient but also ensured we stayed within our budget. Lori's team is impeccable. Jeremy was super responsive to emails and always available for a call. The cake tasting couldn't have gone better, we were able to try up to 5 different combinations and it was very hard to settle on one but the Bavarian cream is something you just wont find anywhere else. Also, we loved that since Lori is local to Dripping Springs we did have a delivery fee!! If you want amazing cake, with great service and your guests having seconds go with Classic Cakes by Lori. You'll never have better cake in your life!!

Reviewed on 2/04/2017 Diana G

We scheduled 5 different cake tastings, some were very fancy and didn't meet taste expectations. However Classic Cakes by Lori delivered in customer service and taste!! Lori and her husband had an amazing relationship and when we tasted the cake, our minds were made up! We were... Read More not just about the style of the cake, we wanted it to taste good too! If you want an awesome styled cake that tastes like heaven, come here!!

Reviewed on 1/30/2017 Jennifer B

Our wedding and grooms cakes turned out so great! The wedding cake was so beautiful and tasted so good, the whole cake was gone by the end of the njbht. The grooms cake was incredible, they designed an oil platform on top of the cake. We are so glad we chose Classic Cakes by... Read More Lori, even our coordinator commented on how amazing the cake tasted.

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Candace G

Our wedding cake and groom's cake came out beautifully and tasted very delicious!! We absolutely LOVED them!! Lori and her husband were very easy to work with and helped us figure out what kind of cake and design we wanted.

Reviewed on 12/29/2016 Stevie G

Best cake ever!! I had a simple 4 tier wedding cake with ivory icing and a few flowers and it was exactly what I wanted. We had four flavors: almond vanilla, German chocolate, French vanilla and Italian creme. Let me just tell you, I was so sad when it was all gone! I wanted... Read More more! Not only was the cake delicious, we enjoyed all the service we received as well. We met with Lori's husband for our tasting and we instantly knew it was the right match for us. They're a family owned business and are all very genuine people. I spoke with Lori a few weeks before the wedding to go over details. She is very knowledgeable and so sweet. I didn't have to worry about a thing, I knew we were in good hands. I was lucky enough to run into her delivering the cake (while trying to hide from the groom) and she came me an early sneak peek. Nicest lady! Definitely recommend them to all!!

Reviewed on 12/27/2016 Sara L

Lori and her team were absolutely amazing to work with. Our wedding date was right after Thanksgiving and no one was willing to make a cake for us. Lori originally wasn't going to be in town, but when she knew she would be in town, she offered to make our cake. The cake was... Read More beautiful, delicious and simple, just what I wanted. The consultation was fun and interactive. I felt like I was being listened to throughout the entire process. Lori also called me personally a few days before the wedding to finalize the whole cake process. Lori and her wonderful team made the cake process easy and fun! Thank you Lori for such a delicious cake!

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Alex Y

Lori was amazing. My cake was gorgeous and tasted wonderful. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Rachael B

The cake we had designed for my wedding by Lori was not only beautiful, but delicious! We did tastings at a few other chain-type cake shops in Austin and not only were they more expensive, but the staff was rude and the cakes weren't great. Lori and her staff are so nice to... Read More work with and truly are excited for YOUR day! Can't say enough about their service and work! Also seemed to have more flavors and choices than the other shops!

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Lizzy B

Lori and her husband are amazing! From the initial appointment to the day of, we felt special and our cakes were amazing. They listened to exactly what we wanted and even happily accommodated a last minute change. Definitely use them if you are looking for a wedding cake. Thanks... Read More again!!

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 Ashlei P

This is the vender from our wedding that made my husband and I extremely happy. We had enough cake for every person at our wedding to eat 3 pieces.... and we had zero pieces left over when our reception was over. Everyone complimented us on the cake. On top of them tasting like... Read More heaven, our two cakes were absolutely gorgeous. Drop dead kinda gorgeous. Customer service was the best out of all of my venders- so personal, and so fast getting back to you. They made sure every detail was how we wanted. They made you- the customer- happy. Well deserved five stars Lori. Thank you for everything!

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Cori L

We had a destination wedding, and we met with Lori & Co. for our tasting several months leading up to the big day. Everyone we worked with was very professional and extremely friendly. We ordered a 3 tier semi-naked cake and about 80 mini cupcakes. Each tier was a different... Read More flavor and we decided on 3 additional flavors for the mini cupcakes. Everything was so good, we couldn't choose just one! Their response time (email) was quick and overall it was such a pleasure to work with them. Our guests were RAVING about the cake - but we knew to expect that since we were doing the same after the tasting. Also, the day of the wedding, our florist provided some flowers to be placed strategically on the cake, it it turned out BEAUTIFULLY! It was truly the most gorgeous cake I've ever seen! A million thanks for taking part in our day and for filling the bellies of our guests with your most delicious treats!

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Katie W

I loved working with Lori and her team. Our came was beautiful and SO delicious! I cannot say enough wonderful things about her bakery. You will not regret your decision if you decide to go with her :)

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Dayna R

My husband and I absolutely loved having Classic Cakes by Lori be apart of our big day!! Lori and her husband, Jeremy, are two of the kindest souls and truly care about ensuring their client's cakes are a dream come true. With a few photos and ideas in mind, we collaborated at... Read More our cake tasting to come up with the perfect, unique bride and groom's cakes. They had an awesome longhorn cake stand for my husband's cake that was a HUGE crowd pleaser, and they placed the florals just perfectly on mine. We're lucky to have had Classic Cakes as a vendor - anyone who picks them would make the right choice!!

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Ashley T

We hired Classic Cakes by Lori for our November wedding at the Prospect House in Dripping Springs. (#presentingtheperezes) Lori went out of her way to make a custom copper cake for us, which they had never done before, and it came out beautifully! We chose three different... Read More flavors, one for the main cake and two for two sheet cakes. I Was expecting to serve the sheet cakes from the back, but when they arrived they were beautiful enough to be displayed on the main cake table! Lori was so sweet and accommodating, I loved how genuinely excited and enthusiastic she was about creating my design. The cake flavors we chose were almond white with raspberry and lemon filling, milk chocolate with raspberry mousse, and spice cake with cinnamon mousse. I had several people tell me it was the best wedding cake they had ever tasted! Glad I booked these people!

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Jessica E

They are awesome! From the moment we went in for our tasting we knew we wanted to use them. They were so friendly and helpful. Our cake was exactly what we asked for and was delicious. I am a former pastry chef and have high standards for cake. After deciding not to do my... Read More own cake I was thrilled to find someone who met my standards! They set everything up beautifully. I would recommend them to anyone. They are making the cake for my sisters wedding in a few months too!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Susan C

I cannot expresss enough how good this cake is. How grateful we are that we found classic cakes by Lori they made everything so easy! Also did I mention how good the cake is?! 😝 But seriously they made everything wonderful. I completely recommend them. Thank you again!! 😊

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Becky S

Classic Cakes by Lori is absolutely wonderful! Lori and her team created a beautiful wedding cake for our October wedding. It looked more amazing than I had imagined and captured the exact feel we had in mind. My groom wanted a Harry Potter themed (Marauder's Map) cake and it... Read More also came out just perfect! Lori and her team are highly talented; their cakes are just beautiful and taste soooo good!! I recommend Classic Cakes by Lori to everyone.

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Andrea D

I would highly recommend Classic Cakes by Lori! They were so wonderful to work with - they responded to e-mails immediately and worked hard to accommodate our requests. Because we're from out of town, we couldn't meet in person, but were able to do everything via e-mail and... Read More get our cake tastings to-go on an off day/time. We chose the dark chocolate fudge cake with fresh strawberries and vanilla buttercream frosting, which was absolutely delicious! It was a small two-tier cake - I wanted something simple and rustic and the cake turned out beautifully.

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Estefana N

I am so soo happy I went with Cakes by Lori! Her work is just GORGEOUS and not only that, but the cakes tasted amazing! I can definitely say that I probably gave her a design that was a major pain to make, but the ending result was just more than I could have ever dreamed of. I... Read More wanted two peacocks on my cake with feathers cascading down. It looked so amazing and was a major HIT with my guests! They were so amazed by her work that they kept taking pictures of it! And the groom's cake was awesome!! My husband wanted pictures on the cake and Lori said no problem! We had to go out and get the photos made and we brought them back to her. She put them together on the cake and it just looked perfect! Ladies, if you are searching for someone to help make your day perfect, look no further. Cakes by Lori is where you need to be! :)