Celebrating 24 Years of Great Taste!

Consistently named as one of the best caterers in Kansas City, for over 20 years Classic Catering in Overland Park has become the trusted expert and favorite caterer for Kansas City Weddings, providing impeccable catering elegance at an affordable price.

Cuisine

Cajun, Hawaiian, Northeastern, Southern, Southwestern, American, Eastern European, French, Indian, Italian, Latin American, Mexican, Middle Eastern, BBQ, Fusion, Seafood, Specialty

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Kosher, Nut Free, Organic, Sugar Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Buffet, Catering Clean Up, Catering Delivery + Setup, Chef Stations, Family Style, Food Trucks, Menu Tastings, Passed Appetizers, Seated Meal, Servers, Food + Catering, Service Staff

9112 Cody Street, Overland Park, KS Kansas City Metro (913) 492-2632
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Andrew H

All I can say is WOW! My husband and I absolutely loved Classic Catering! From there BEAUTIFUL buffet set up to the AWESOME food, everything was flawless. We had their Champagne Chicken and KC Sirloin, roasted potatoes, and sauteed broccoli. Everything was fresh (THEY HAND... Read More CARVED THE STEAK!), colorful, smelled great and tasted even better. Their staff was what you would expect at a 5-star restaurant. Everyone was constantly cleaning and making sure our guests were accommodated. We had our own cake, but Beth ordered mini cakes for our guests from 3 Women and an oven. They were amazing! I'm still eating them 4 days later. Couldn't have asked for a better team! Thanks Beth. Austin, Devyn, and Chef Rey!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Mollie B

I used Classic Catering for my October fall wedding and was very happy with everything. Bethany was my point of contact who was very helpful the entire process. I didn't feel pushed to do anything that myself and husband didn't want, she guided us through the process and made... Read More our entire meal custom for our pallets - thank you Bethany and Classic Catering.

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Emily H

What a pleasurable experience! Beth and her team could not have been more helpful! The food was AMAZING and the set up was beautiful! We had some last minute changes and I was amazed at how quickly the changes were accomadated. We also used the Bartending sevices and Spence was... Read More a master crafter behind that bar. All our guests raved about the food and service. 10/10 Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Jake U

We used Classic Catering for our wedding, and we were very happy with our choice. Any issue that we had Bethany made sure to help us out with. Not only did she help, but she did so gladly even when my wife and I were not being too pleasant to deal with. Not only were they great... Read More to deal with during the planning phase, but the food and staff were beyond what we were hoping for. The staff made sure we always had what we needed during our dinner without being too intrusive and the food was delicious. We had plenty of food leftover after the reception so of course we were eating leftovers for a few days. My wife and I agreed that, even reheated, the food tasted better than several restaurants we have been to.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Marla B

Classic Catering comes highly recommended! We were, to be honest, a very big pain to deal with. I have 5 food allergies but wanted to enjoy everything on the buffet that day. We came in to have a tasting with Devin and Chef. He was able to prepare a custom menu that was not only... Read More delicious and fit all of our dietary needs, but still affordable. With all our special requests, it is very easy for food to be bland. It was all great! Our wedding guests were pleased with everything and we were blown away. Service was wonderful throughout the entire night and they even went above and beyond by asking if they can help with a few things that were outside of their duties at the end of the night. We felt like they were truly happy to be there and be a part of our wedding. I can't thank the Classic Catering team enough for their hard work and attention to our requests. Thanks!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Marla B

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Alyssa B

Couldn't be more happy with our choice to use Classic Catering for our wedding this last month! We had the KC Strip carving station with a Chef on site and it was a nice touch to the already awesome buffet set up. They brought in some light decorations that matched our theme and... Read More were super attentive all day for our guests. The prices were very reasonable and I feel as though we got every pennies worth with their services. Devyn helped with details I wouldn't have even thought of to make sure everything went smooth day of. My fiance Brad is very hard to please and he raved about it all after we left the reception and had some time to breathe and talk about how we think everything went. Classic Catering couldn't be more highly recommended!!! Choose Classic Catering if you want to have a stress free, wonderful event at an affordable price!

Reviewed on 8/15/2016

We enjoyed my experience working with Bethany and her team at Classic Catering. Being gluten free, Chef Rey customized our menu entirely so our entire buffet fulfilled my dietary needs. Compliments on the wedding food, service and presentation continue today when we go down... Read More memory lane. Thank you Classic Catering team.

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Jordan M

Classic Catering / Hopps was wonderful to work with from the beginning. They were kind enough to let my, now husband, our family and myself taste test three different menu options. We changed our mind several times and each time they worked with us to make sure it was exactly... Read More what we wanted down to the rentals. I would recommend them to every bride for the brilliance of the chef and his wide range of expertise as well as for Beth. She was a god send and made me feel like a spoiled bride.

Reviewed on 5/16/2016 Emily D

Beth and her team did a fabulous job with my daughter’s wedding! The staff was friendly and unobtrusive. The food was delicious! They moved seamlessly to make every detail perfect, from the plated salads, to the buffet dinner, to the pie cutting. I would recommend them to... Read More anyone. Top notch organization!!!

Reviewed on 5/12/2016 Rebecca H

About halfway through our wedding planning, the owners of Classic Catering retired and the business came under management of the KC Hopps restaurant group. We were initially concerned (because unscheduled changes during wedding planning are terrifying) but Bethany and Spence put... Read More all our fears to rest. They executed our menu perfectly, their staff was great, and we received a number of compliments on the food.

The best!!

Reviewed on 1/21/2016

Mary and Doug and all their staff are so easy to work with. Perceptive, good communicators, smart, they really know their stuff, give great advice, pay attention to every detail, and they make sensational food! The prep kitchen and techniques used are top notch. Even last... Read More minute and unexpected requests were met with a smile and they made it happen seamlessly, with style and authenticity. The food presentation and tablescape were incredible. That alone literally transformed the room. The food was the best wedding food I have ever eaten in my life, and maybe the best food I have ever eaten ANYWHERE in my life! There were so many compliments from so many people. The wait staff was impeccable, I felt like I was at a restaurant and my every need was attended to. I have never had such service at a wedding. Even our parish priest and the church staff were blown away. One of them said to me at least ten times that the catering was "over the top", and they have seen plenty of catering over the years! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for putting on such a fabulous meal, and making my daughter's dream wedding come true. Especially, I cannot thank you enough, Mary, that in spite of your own personal health issues, you were there, overlooking every detail. It meant so much to all of us!

*****WORTH EVERY PENNY****

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Crystal K

I used Classic Catering for my wedding In August 2015 and I am so THANKFUL I did!! Mary and Doug were DELIGHTFUL to work with. I new they would be the moment I met them! They made my wedding planning and reception stress-free. They provided EXCELLENT service and delicious food.... Read More They served my husband and I at our table, provided a beautiful display of the food and took care of the cake cutting. They were excellent listeners and truly wanted everything to be perfect for my special day. Their staff was professional and pleasant. They communicated well with me as well as my vendors. My guests raved about the food. I have absolutely nothing negative say about my experience with Classic Catering. I would use them over and over again! YOU MUST CHECK THEM OUT! I promise you'll be happy you did!!!

Fantastic Food & Service

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

I recommended Classic Catering to my best friend for her daughter's wedding reception. I have been at a party before that Classic has catered and was very impressed. Being in the restaurant/food business myself I am always summing up the service & food. Classic Catering goes... Read More that extra mile to provide exceptional service, the most delicious food & beautiful buffet. My friend was equally impressed from start to finish with the care, concern & service she received from the planning process of her daughter's wedding all the way to the final goodbyes at the reception. They were able to truly enjoy the night without having to worry about the food. And to top it all off, she was presented with a bridal basket for the bride & groom to take with them. What a nice touch! I would highly recommend this caterer to anyone who wants to make their wedding an extra special day.

Best Caterer in town!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

I must say, there are alot of choices out there when it comes to catering but I will never have to worry about that ever again now that I have found Doug and Mary Partridge at Classic Catering. What a relief it was to have them. They think of everything and do it so... Read More professionally. The food was fabulous! So beautifully presented and everything was prepared fresh. We couldn't be happier and look forward to having them again in the future.

Delicious food and delightful staff!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Kelsey W

We used Classic Catering for our wedding reception. They provided our dinner, desserts, and a late night snack. Everything was so delicious! Many of my guests also commented on how wonderful the food was. The service was also fantastic - not only the night of, but throughout the... Read More planning process as well. Mary Partridge is such a joy to work with. She is very prompt in replying to any questions throughout the process and willing to accomodate any requets you have. I would definitely recommend Classic Catering!!!

All-Round Great Experience

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Eliza A

My daughter chose Classic Catering for her wedding of 200 guests and we couldn't have been more pleased. Having great, not just good, food was a high priority for us and we were not disappointed! We selected the ginger turkey with orange marmalade sauce and the brisket, along... Read More with boursin mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables and salad. Every bit of it was delicious. Many of the guests commented that they were very impressed with the quality of the food, as well as the presentation. The staff is wonderful to work with and they are affordable. We would highly recommend that you consider using Classic Catering for your wedding.

Delicious food and wonderful people

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Rachel A

I don’t think I’ve ever been to a wedding where people were still talking about the food when they left, but that’s what happened at our wedding. Mary and Doug were absolutely amazing to work with and their food is delicious! I may be one of the few brides who actually ate at... Read More my wedding, but the food we had sampled was so good, I wasn’t about to miss it. In fact, the catering staff served my husband and I plates with a little bit of everything (including the hors devours we missed while taking pictures) at the head table while everyone went through the buffet so we were able to have some time together to eat and talk about the ceremony. Turns out that was about the only 10 minutes we spent alone all night, so it was really nice to have that time. We met with Mary and Doug twice before the wedding and both times Doug had an amazing array of food for us to try. It was so hard to pick! We were able to use their wonderful menu as a base, but at the same time add some personal touches. Doug did a fantastic fruit carving for our cocktail hour to go with the appetizers. We are big barbeque fans, so Doug made his famous beef brisket but we brought several barbeque sauces from St Louis and Kansas City to go with it. We also had always wanted an ice cream sundae bar and Mary and Doug made it happen! That was definitely a crowd favorite! Since they have been doing this for a long time, Mary and Doug also bring a lot of expertise about weddings in general that was hugely helpful. Things that I would never have thought of, Mary always made sure to ask, even if it had nothing to do with catering. Most importantly for my husband and I, Mary and Doug really took the time to get to know us and were almost like an extra set of parents by the time we got to the wedding. We were so happy they could be part of our big day and have stayed in touch since then. If you are able to get Classic Catering for your wedding, you have found some incredible food and some equally amazing people.

Great Experience

Reviewed on 10/12/2015

We used Classic Catering for our daughters wedding and I can honestly say, I couldn't have been more pleased. Mary and her staff are professional, easy to work with, and the attention to detail is remarkable. We asked Mary to create a giant Tuscan Charcuterie table for our... Read More cocktail hour, and it was absolutely amazing. She created a table that was not only visually stunning, but also had a wonderful variety of flavors. The dinner buffet was lovely and our menu choices all tasted delicious. Our guests are still talking about the food, and most importantly, the Bride and Groom were very pleased as well. We also had Classic Catering flip the venue space from wedding to dinner reception, and they executed that beautifully. I wish we had another daughter so we could do it all over again! I would certainly recommend them for any wedding or corporate event. Five stars to Classic Catering!

Delicious Food and Quality Service

Reviewed on 9/23/2015 Melissa M

My daughter and son-in-law chose Classic Catering to cater their September 2015 wedding. As I was not involved in the selection process, I was not sure what to expect. I met Mary and her staff a few hours before the reception began as I was tending to some last-minute details. I... Read More was immediately impressed with their professionalism and attention to detail. Every member of the staff was friendly and performed beyond my expectations. I consider myself a "foodie" and am consistently underwhelmed by most dinners served at wedding receptions. The food prepared by Classic Catering was outstanding. The "bruschetta bar" was flavorful and beautifully presented with an assortment of seeded crackers and flatbreads. I found myself wishing I had eaten more later in the evening. Dinner was fantastic. There was a carving station with Kansas City Strip Steak and probably some of the best Smoked Turkey I have ever had. It was served with a Orange-Marmalade/Horseradish sauce that complimented it perfectly. The Roasted Vegetable Medley with Asparagus was cooked and seasoned perfectly, but my favorite item was the Roasted Fingerling Potatoes. They were cooked to perfection and seasoned with just the right amount of salt. The bartenders were great and set up the bar, including a Bloody Mary bar, exactly the way we had hoped with little direction. I would highly recommend Mary and her staff at Classic Catering to anyone planning an event in the Kansas City area.

Wonderful service!

Reviewed on 8/25/2015

Classic Catering was great to work with for our wedding. They brought us in for a tasting that helped us decide what foods we would like to have and make sure we liked how it tasted! They went above and beyond to help us with additional desires we had for our wedding beyond... Read More food, for example working with us to have a water station at our outdoor summer wedding. We chose to do buffet style, however, Classic brought our food to me and my groom so that we didn't have to go through the line. They also had a waitor standing near us to bring us whatever we needed. Classic was very professional, and we had many compliments on the food that we served. Everyone enjoyed it! Especially the brisket.

Classic Catering

Reviewed on 8/23/2015

Classic Catering catered my daughters wedding and everything turned out just great. They were very professional,the food was very good and we received lots of compliments from our guests. After the ceremony we had passed appetizers and they sent some with the bridal party for... Read More them to have during the pictures at the park. The buffet was displayed beautifully and the personal service for the bride and groom was a nice touch. They also cut the cake for us and at the end packaged all the leftovers including the cake.

Reviewed on 7/08/2015

Classic catering provided exceptional service for our daughter’s recent wedding in June 2015. Mary and her staff were so organized and helpful not only in selecting the menu for the reception but also in planning the flow of events at the venue. The staff was very attentive to... Read More the bride and groom during the reception by ensuring their glasses were never empty and serving them food as soon as they arrived. Moreover, the feedback from our guests on the food was amazing. So many commented that the food was the best they ever had at a wedding. We couldn't have been more pleased!

Amazing in every way! Couldn't be happier!

Reviewed on 10/25/2014 Suzy J

I cannot say enough about how absolutely fabulous Classic Catering is in every way. The food was amazing; we received many compliments from our guests. The buffet also looked wonderful; I just can't compliment them enough! They were also very accommodating to my daughter's... Read More dietary restrictions, and allowed an extra 'tasting' day, and even prepared a separate plate for her to enjoy. Mary is an absolute pleasure to work with; the utmost professional and so sweet. Their experience shows with how easily they guided us through the planning process. We are very grateful to have used them for this special day - it couldn't have been more perfect. Thank you Mary & Doug!

Classic Catering is fabulous!

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Alexandra H

We were so grateful to have found Classic Catering. They are very professional, kind and their food is delicious! We still have guests talking about our food. Not only are they great to work with, but the way they display their food is so beautifully done. We couldnt have asked... Read More for a better caterer. Thank you Classic Catering for making our day fantastic!

2014-10-17T09:26:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you Allie!! It was our pleasure to help you celebrate your day!