Classical Charleston

(35)

Charleston, SC

Largest Music | Recordings Page On Our Website

Classical Charleston is a community, not of the everyday gig musician, but of SC's top concert quality performers. We embrace the classics yet continue to push the boundries of what can be played and offer the largest and most diverse selection of music in the Southeast. We specialize in weddings!

1612 Woodcrest Avenue, Charleston, SC

Elegant, Heartwarming Performance

Reviewed on 5/28/2013 Mary Anne V

As a musician myself, I was very choosy when engaging a group for my daughter's ceremony. After much searching, Classical Charleston won me over. I worked with Andrew and he was very responsive and knowledgeable. The string trio performed for the prelude, ceremony music, and postlude. They did a beautiful job. Thanks, Andrew and team, for making our family's day extraordinary.

String Duo

Reviewed on 10/07/2013 Caitlin B

My husband told me early on in our dating that there is something powerful that happens in his soul when he hears the violin and cello played together...I made a mental note of that and it was one of the first things I began to research when we got engaged. I could not have imagined a better string duo for our wedding ceremony than Classical Charleston. As the bride, I of course didn't hear any of the prelude, and was a BIT distracted during the ceremony to really pay attention to anything other than the face of my husband-to-be- but in watching and listening to the video recording after the fact, I am can definitely say with full confidence that the music was absolutely phenomenal. CLASSIC for sure; elegant, professional, worth every penny, stunning. Wedding worthy!!!

Incredible

Reviewed on 10/07/2013

They were great! Very professional and prompt correspondence. Incredible musicianship. Absolutely would hire again and recommend without hesitation.

Amazing

Reviewed on 10/11/2014 Erin J

Andrew and his musicians are so talented and provided the best experience for our guests before the wedding and for us during the wedding. The strings music was absolutely beautiful and his musicians are so talented and can play pretty much anything to make you day unique! Highly recommend. They are so easy to work with!

Wedding Strings Trio

Reviewed on 10/08/2014

Dear Andrew and Strings Trio, I just wanted to send a quick "thank you" your way! I cannot tell you just how thrilled I was to have you play for Paul and I's wedding at Caledonia. You guys were so amazing and I could not have been more pleased. I hate I did not get to introduce myself and thank you in person, but I could hear your melodies echoing through the trees as we were getting photos after the ceremony and it made my heart sing. You guys just rocked it and everyone at the ceremony bragged and bragged on your talent. I know it was a push for you to get there for us and I want to thank you for making it happen. I do hope that you guys got some food and full bellies before leaving as I'm sure it was a long day for you! If there is anything I can ever do for you in terms of recommendations, etc., please do let me know. WE just loved you and could not have been more pleased with you and the event itself. I am so glad Frankie Beckham, my amazing wedding planner, found you. Cheers!

Almost but not Perfect

Reviewed on 10/01/2014 Melania P

Overall our wedding day was perfect and Classical Charleston did a good job and sounded lovely. Where they missed the mark is forgetting the music I wanted to walk down the aisle to, which was a surprise for my husband. We did not want traditional wedding music and I selected a song that my husband loves and is always humming to me, so I thought that would be perfect. It was when we were lining up that I learned I wouldn't get what I wanted, despite the musical selection being repeatedly confirmed. I was disappointed but grateful that we had selected a back up song, which they were able to play. I would have been very upset if I had to walk down the aisle to a traditional wedding march. This musical missed mark really was the only blip on an otherwise perfect day. I would recommend Classical Charleston but if you want something non-traditional perhaps ask for a copy of the music and have it on had if it is forgotten.

10/02/2014 Response from the vendor

Hi Melania.. We were never in direct contact because your planners were our point of contact from the beginning. I'm very sorry that you didn't have the song you wanted played. We actually talked with your planners after the fact, and to be honest, we... Read Less Read More

Ceremony Music

Reviewed on 8/02/2014 Sarah M

We used Classical Charleston's string duo for our ceremony music and it was perfect. Andrew made sure that we selected each song for each part of the ceremony and also gave his honest opinion when I asked, which was very much appreciated. His correspondence was nothing short of very professional and I would recommend this group to anyone looking for this style of ceremony music.

Can't go wrong with Classical Charleston!

Reviewed on 5/20/2014

The music for our wedding was one of the most important choices for us. Both of us (bride and groom) are very passionate about music so we felt it should be one of the best parts of our wedding. Well, with Classical Charleston it was. From start to finish, Andrew and Classical Charleston were a pleasure to work with. From classical arrangements to modern tunes, every song was beautiful. You will not go wrong hiring Classical Charleston for your special event. These guys (and gals) rock!

Beautiful!

Reviewed on 2/13/2014 Melissa F

Andrew Mille and Tomas Jakubek played strings inside our historic venue during dinner. They played contemporary music and surprised most of our guests. The guests enjoyed having someone sit in front of them playing the cello and violin beautifully to songs they were familiar with. They did a beautiful job! I received compliments all night! They were prompt, professional and wonderful to work with. I definitely recommend their services!

Awesome!

Reviewed on 1/10/2014

Andrew was amazing to work with! We were pretty picky in that we wanted a trio and we wanted a soloist. The soloist was UNBELIEVABLE and I'm so happy we picked Classical charleston! He helped us with music selections and was easily available through phone or email! One of the best decisions we made!!!

Wonderful to work with

Reviewed on 1/04/2014 Lindsay Z

Andrew was wonderful to work with! We wanted a specific song to be played when we walked down the aisle and he was very flexible and accommodating. They played a wonderful mix of songs during our cocktail hour, they did a fantastic job!

Beautiful Addition to Our Ceremony

Reviewed on 12/30/2013 Leslie

Andrew was a pleasure to work with and our solo guitarist did a beautiful job playing the prelude, during ceremony and postlude music. She was extremely professional and everyone enjoyed the musical selections.

Beautiful music, very professional

Reviewed on 12/22/2013 Kellianne B

Classical Charleston was recommended by my wedding planner and I am thrilled I went with her advice. My ceremony music was probably one of the least stressful aspects of wedding planning! I chose the songs that I liked and they made it happen!

professional and elegant

Reviewed on 12/21/2013 Caitlin W

We booked Classical Charleston for 30 minutes before the ceremony, the ceremony and an hour after. It was a great decision. Everyone said the party and wedding was so classy. The music was beautiful. They are well versed and very successful at working with us to suit a mix of religions and tradition. I would happily hire them again.

Fred Hughes

Reviewed on 12/21/2013

Andrew and his musicians did an outstanding job at our daughters wedding at the Thomas Bennett House in Charleston. Their musical arrangements were very creative and their level of musicianship was excellent. They even wrote a new arrangement at our request. They were on time, looked great, interacted well with guests, and sounded wonderful.

Beautiful Music and Wonderful Service

Reviewed on 11/21/2013 Jennifer H

Classical Charleston provided BEAUTIFUL music for our wedding ceremony. We had an outdoor ceremony next to the Ashley River, which their performances made even more picturesque. Although we did not originally budget for "live" music for our ceremony, their music was worth every last penny!It was so elegant and the musicians were all very talented. The great thing with Classical Charleston (and what made us choose them over another company), was the fact that we could "preview" actual recordings of their performances via their website, so we knew exactly the quality of music we would receive on our wedding day. Without a doubt...Classical Charleston should be your top pick for live ceremony music!

Classical Charleston Ceremony and Prelude Music

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Jenny W

Andrew and Tomas from Classical Charleston were the perfect string duo to play at our outdoor wedding. The music was outstanding and Andrew was professional and helpful through the entire planning process. I highly recommend Classical Charleston.

Great!

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Mimi P

Classical Charleston did a great job providing the music during my wedding and cocktail hour. They were very patient and understanding as I hemmed-and-hawed about music selections. Ultimately, I just gave them a few specifics and the general feel we wanted and they did a great job. Highly recommend.

Go with Classical Charleston!

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Carly H

We had a classical duo for our ceremony and cocktail hour and it was fabulous! We were so pleased! The guys looked sharp and sounded great :)

Beautiful Music

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Anne F

Classical Charleston was wonderful to work with! They arranged a special piece for me and everything on the wedding day was just what I wanted!

Perfect Duo

Reviewed on 8/25/2013 Samantha R

Loved having the cello and violin. Perfect touch to our ceremony.

Great Ceremony Music

Reviewed on 7/09/2013 Lindsay B

Classical Charleston is a great choice for ceremony musicians or any other classical music needs you may have. Andrew was very professional, nice, and easy to communicate with. They did a great job!

Loved the music choices

Reviewed on 6/21/2013 jord r

I had a string trio play at my ceremony, and they sounded absolutely beautiful. When "Moon River" began playing for seating of the mothers, I actually got completely teary eyed. They have a wonderful selection of both traditional and non-traditional (I used the latter) songs. I would definitely recommend!

Fantastic

Reviewed on 6/11/2013 Nancy K

Classical Charleston did a wonderful job playing our ceremony music, as well as some more modern/jazzy selections during our cocktail hour. They were easily heard over the din of 170 guests in an outdoor venue, and we received many complements about how lovely the music was and how friendly all of the musicians were. They are very reasonably priced as well and have a diverse selection of music for ceremonies and receptions/cocktail hours. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

spectacular

Reviewed on 4/04/2013 Virginia R

I had the string duo perform at my outdoor ceremony and they were wonderful. The guests thoroughly enjoyed all the prelude music, and I loved that they had a variety of selections in their repertoire. They were wonderful additions and I would highly recommend their services to anyone.

Send Email