Concert Quality Strings - Pop Covers to Classical

Classical Charleston is a community, not of the everyday gig musician, but of SC's top concert quality performers. We embrace the classics yet continue to push the boundaries of what can be played on traditionally classical instruments. We offer the largest and most diverse selection of music for string ensembles in the Southeast and offer custom arranging for those special requests as well. We specialize in weddings! We also provide reception DJs and ceremony officiants, vetted by musicians who attend 100s of weddings each year. We offer up only the most unique talent, and for the same rates as other local groups. Visit our website to hear the difference and to see the variety.. from Mozart to Metallica arrangements, we hope you love what you hear as much as we love playing it!! :)

Instruments

Accordion, Bagpipes, Cello, Fiddle, Flute, Guitar, Harp, Keyboard, Mandolin, Organ, Percussion, Piano, Saxophone, Steel Drum, Trumpet, Ukulele, Violin, Vocals

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Arabic, Bollywood, Celtic, Indian, Latin, Polka, World Music

After Party, Rehearsal Dinner, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

Elegant, Heartwarming Performance

Reviewed on 5/28/2013 Mary Anne V

As a musician myself, I was very choosy when engaging a group for my daughter's ceremony. After much searching, Classical Charleston won me over. I worked with Andrew and he was very responsive and knowledgeable. The string trio performed for the prelude, ceremony music, and... Read More postlude. They did a beautiful job. Thanks, Andrew and team, for making our family's day extraordinary.

String Duo

Reviewed on 10/07/2013 Caitlin B

My husband told me early on in our dating that there is something powerful that happens in his soul when he hears the violin and cello played together...I made a mental note of that and it was one of the first things I began to research when we got engaged. I could not have... Read More imagined a better string duo for our wedding ceremony than Classical Charleston. As the bride, I of course didn't hear any of the prelude, and was a BIT distracted during the ceremony to really pay attention to anything other than the face of my husband-to-be- but in watching and listening to the video recording after the fact, I am can definitely say with full confidence that the music was absolutely phenomenal. CLASSIC for sure; elegant, professional, worth every penny, stunning. Wedding worthy!!!

Incredible

Reviewed on 10/07/2013

They were great! Very professional and prompt correspondence. Incredible musicianship. Absolutely would hire again and recommend without hesitation.

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Joslyn L

Wow! Classical Charleston was incredible! Andrew was always quick to respond to emails and he made it very easy to pick the music that I wanted throughout the ceremony! Due to weather, I had to change my ceremony venue two days before the wedding and Classical Charleston was... Read More immediate to confirm the change! They are great people and so talented!

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Samantha B

Let me start off by saying the quartet we hired to play for our Middleton Place wedding with Classical Charleston is top notch. They play very well together and are true professionals at their instruments. They are all highly skilled musicians and in this area, they do not... Read More disappoint. While their performance was absolutely beautiful, my personal requests to Andrew regarding the music for my wedding were not honored and I found this to be highly disappointing. I specifically asked Andrew to be sure not to play a couple of songs in their repertoire during our prelude or cocktail hour, (one being Vivaldi’s Spring from the Four Seasons), not because they are terrible pieces, but as a music instructor and someone who also plays for weddings, on my wedding day, the last thing I wanted to hear were pieces I teach or play all of the time. I emailed him directly, and I also included my wedding planner in these emails to be sure we were all on the same page. As I am sitting in the gardens waiting to come down the aisle, I hear them playing the exact piece that I requested them to not play. I don’t know if he thought I wouldn’t be able to hear it and therefore, out of sight out of mind, or if he completely forgot, or if he intentionally played a piece I asked him not to play, but in any case I was pretty upset about it at the time. I specifically asked them to stick to their upbeat classical and jazz pieces listed in their repertoire during the cocktail hour, and as we came in to the cocktail area after pictures, they were playing Christina Perry’s “Thousand Years,” which is neither classical nor jazz, and is also a song I personally really, really dislike (no matter how beautifully it is played). The rest of the cocktail hour included pop songs. Yes, they were played beautifully, but this is not what I asked for. I had initially requested a solo cello piece to come down the aisle to, and he highly discouraged it, despite it being what I really wanted. I understand we paid for the quartet, but we had the ceremony mic’ed so it should have just been played as requested. I ended up changing the entrance piece and having the cello solo played during the ceremony reading, but it wasn’t my first choice. That piece had a lot of personal meaning so it was disappointing to have to deal with this and had I not already paid him in full at the time of this conversation, I would have simply forfeited my deposit and switched companies. So, yes. Classical Strings employs top-notch musicians. Their performance will wow your guests. If you have no specific ideas in mind for your music, they will be perfect. However, if you have specific prelude or cocktail hour requests, or if you have a specific vision for the music for your ceremony, I hesitate to recommend a company that did not respect my requests. This interaction was not what I expected, and while I was impressed with their musicianship, I was not so impressed with the other aspects of my experience and this put a damper on what was otherwise a very lovely day.

2017-10-21T20:12:28 Response from the vendor

Hi Samantha... I'm very sorry to hear how disappointed you were. My primary goal the day of is to have you loving every moment of our performance. In reading your review I see that you feel I pressured you into not going with the piece... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Courtney H

Absolutely Perfect! Everyone loved them & it was a great touch! We had a String duo for 100 people.

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Ashley F

We used Classical Charleston for our outdoor ceremony and our cocktail hour. They were extremely talented and professional. They added so much to the ambiance of our wedding and I would definitely recommend them.

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Danielle G

Andrew was awesome to work with throughout the process. Their online tools made it so easy to selected our ceremony music! Even when the wedding started nearly 30 minutes late due to the grooms family arriving late, Classic Charleston was completing understand and gracious... Read More enough to stay for the entire ceremony and cocktail hour! We so appreciated their kindness and their incredible talent!

Reviewed on 4/30/2017 Kristen L

Wow! Classical Charleston provided a beautiful musical ambiance to our outdoor wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. Andrew was amazing to work with, and easy to communicate with. I felt like I was the bride with "odd" taste, and Andrew's confidence in my vision was amazing!... Read More Thank you for making our wedding day even more special! I would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 4/20/2017 Rachel L

Andrew and Classical CHS were an absolute pleasure to work with! Hired them for prelude, ceremony, and cocktail hour. Responsive throughout the process, competitive pricing, professional, and great selection of songs. Andrew was even very amenable to working with our soloist as... Read More well as accommodating several song requests. Music was perfection. Stop looking and hire them!!

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 katie s

This was a destination wedding for me and I reserved vendors based on reviews. If I were to do it all over again, I would pick Classical Charleston again in a heartbeat. They were easy to work with and the music was such a hit at my wedding. These guys were complete... Read More professionals that needed little to no direction. They entertained guests and kept the feel of the wedding both classy and beautiful. I had always dreamed of walking down the aisle to a string version of "1,000 years" and it was even better than I had hoped! If you are looking for a string duo, trio or anything else it would be a mistake to go with anyone else.

Reviewed on 6/27/2016 Lindsay H

Andrew and his team provided the musical backdrop to a very magical day at the Mills House Hotel in June 2016! Planning the various pieces of music was quite easy as their website has a variety of examples and small sound bites to help you understand. When I asked for a... Read More trumpet to my wedding processional, Andrew handled the request with ease and that walk down the aisle was everything I could have imagined. A great job and we would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 3/28/2016 Daniel T

I had the string duo (Andrew and Thomas) play during my ceremony at Planter's Inn and they were phenomenal. When I first met with Andrew, my husband and I knew they were the ones for us. They made everything so simple - from music requests to day-of set-up. From their samples,... Read More we could tell their quality was top-notch, but as I heard them playing in the courtyard while I waited to walk down the aisle I knew our wedding would be everything we dreamed of. That might sound dramatic, but do not underestimate the value of live music! They created the authentic, romantic environment we wanted our guests to enjoy. I cannot recommend their talent enough!

Amazing, amazing, amazing!!!!

Reviewed on 11/23/2015 Cassandra L

Book them. I would leave it at that, but as a bride planning my wedding that wouldn't be the most helpful. The first thing that guests have told me about loving was the ceremony music. Andrew and his crew impressed everyone. Unfortunately, I was only able to witness the songs... Read More they played as I entered and left the ceremony, but they played Aladdin's A Whole New World at my request! Of all the things I planned, this was what I was looking forward to THE MOST and it turned out so lovely. I don't have the words to express how grateful I am that I found Andrew and Classical Charleston! Book them!

Amazing

Reviewed on 10/11/2014 Erin J

Andrew and his musicians are so talented and provided the best experience for our guests before the wedding and for us during the wedding. The strings music was absolutely beautiful and his musicians are so talented and can play pretty much anything to make you day unique!... Read More Highly recommend. They are so easy to work with!

Wedding Strings Trio

Reviewed on 10/08/2014

Dear Andrew and Strings Trio, I just wanted to send a quick "thank you" your way! I cannot tell you just how thrilled I was to have you play for Paul and I's wedding at Caledonia. You guys were so amazing and I could not have been more pleased. I hate I did not get to... Read More introduce myself and thank you in person, but I could hear your melodies echoing through the trees as we were getting photos after the ceremony and it made my heart sing. You guys just rocked it and everyone at the ceremony bragged and bragged on your talent. I know it was a push for you to get there for us and I want to thank you for making it happen. I do hope that you guys got some food and full bellies before leaving as I'm sure it was a long day for you! If there is anything I can ever do for you in terms of recommendations, etc., please do let me know. WE just loved you and could not have been more pleased with you and the event itself. I am so glad Frankie Beckham, my amazing wedding planner, found you. Cheers!

Almost but not Perfect

Reviewed on 10/01/2014 Melania P

Overall our wedding day was perfect and Classical Charleston did a good job and sounded lovely. Where they missed the mark is forgetting the music I wanted to walk down the aisle to, which was a surprise for my husband. We did not want traditional wedding music and I selected a... Read More song that my husband loves and is always humming to me, so I thought that would be perfect. It was when we were lining up that I learned I wouldn't get what I wanted, despite the musical selection being repeatedly confirmed. I was disappointed but grateful that we had selected a back up song, which they were able to play. I would have been very upset if I had to walk down the aisle to a traditional wedding march. This musical missed mark really was the only blip on an otherwise perfect day. I would recommend Classical Charleston but if you want something non-traditional perhaps ask for a copy of the music and have it on had if it is forgotten.

2014-10-02T09:46:30 Response from the vendor

Hi Melania.. We were never in direct contact because your planners were our point of contact from the beginning. I'm very sorry that you didn't have the song you wanted played. We actually talked with your planners after the fact, and to be honest, we... Read Less Read More

Ceremony Music

Reviewed on 8/02/2014 Sarah M

We used Classical Charleston's string duo for our ceremony music and it was perfect. Andrew made sure that we selected each song for each part of the ceremony and also gave his honest opinion when I asked, which was very much appreciated. His correspondence was nothing short of... Read More very professional and I would recommend this group to anyone looking for this style of ceremony music.

Can't go wrong with Classical Charleston!

Reviewed on 5/20/2014

The music for our wedding was one of the most important choices for us. Both of us (bride and groom) are very passionate about music so we felt it should be one of the best parts of our wedding. Well, with Classical Charleston it was. From start to finish, Andrew and Classical... Read More Charleston were a pleasure to work with. From classical arrangements to modern tunes, every song was beautiful. You will not go wrong hiring Classical Charleston for your special event. These guys (and gals) rock!

Beautiful!

Reviewed on 2/13/2014 Melissa F

Andrew Mille and Tomas Jakubek played strings inside our historic venue during dinner. They played contemporary music and surprised most of our guests. The guests enjoyed having someone sit in front of them playing the cello and violin beautifully to songs they were familiar... Read More with. They did a beautiful job! I received compliments all night! They were prompt, professional and wonderful to work with. I definitely recommend their services!

Awesome!

Reviewed on 1/10/2014

Andrew was amazing to work with! We were pretty picky in that we wanted a trio and we wanted a soloist. The soloist was UNBELIEVABLE and I'm so happy we picked Classical charleston! He helped us with music selections and was easily available through phone or email! One of the... Read More best decisions we made!!!

Wonderful to work with

Reviewed on 1/04/2014 Lindsay Z

Andrew was wonderful to work with! We wanted a specific song to be played when we walked down the aisle and he was very flexible and accommodating. They played a wonderful mix of songs during our cocktail hour, they did a fantastic job!

Beautiful Addition to Our Ceremony

Reviewed on 12/30/2013 Leslie

Andrew was a pleasure to work with and our solo guitarist did a beautiful job playing the prelude, during ceremony and postlude music. She was extremely professional and everyone enjoyed the musical selections.

Beautiful music, very professional

Reviewed on 12/22/2013 Kellianne B

Classical Charleston was recommended by my wedding planner and I am thrilled I went with her advice. My ceremony music was probably one of the least stressful aspects of wedding planning! I chose the songs that I liked and they made it happen!

professional and elegant

Reviewed on 12/21/2013 Caitlin W

We booked Classical Charleston for 30 minutes before the ceremony, the ceremony and an hour after. It was a great decision. Everyone said the party and wedding was so classy. The music was beautiful. They are well versed and very successful at working with us to suit a mix of... Read More religions and tradition. I would happily hire them again.

Meet The Events Director

Andrew Mille

Andrew Mille is a professional cellist in Charleston, SC and has managed Classical Charleston since its inception in 2006, offering unique string ensembles performing everything from classical, to jazz and pop covers, as well as reception DJs, jazz bands, and ceremony officiants.