Clay Hill Farm

(27)

Cape Neddick/York, ME

Capacity: Up to 200 | WEBSITE | PHONE

Voted #1 for weddings and romantic dining

Clay Hill Farm is an award-winning restaurant & wedding destination on 11 private acres in Cape Neddick/York, Maine with a passion for local/seasonal food. Surrounded by colorful gardens and beautiful nature trails, Clay Hill is a certified eco-sanctuary celebrating the natural beauty of Maine.

• Indoor Ceremony Area

$$

Style

Restaurant, Unusual/Alternative

220 Clay Hill Road, Cape Neddick/York, ME

A true fairy tale wedding

Reviewed on 11/19/2010 Malorie P

My husband and I were wed at Clay Hill Farms on Friday, June 18, 2010. We were paying for the majority of our wedding and Clay Hill was so privy to our situation. They even took late night calls from us when we were confused about some budgetary items. The wedding plan staff listened to every request and concern, and checked in often with us. We live over 5 hours away from Clay Hill, but I never felt like this was ever an obstacle. The food was outstanding, and had ALL of my guests raving, even today! On our big day, we felt like the king and queen, and that was because Clay Hill made it that way. During out photo session, my husband leaned in and said he was so impressed by the staff's presence and attentiveness, and how special they made even him feel. The grounds were breathtaking and made for timeless pictures. The wedding package they offered to us was all inclusive and made decision making easy as I trusted their guidance completely. The vendors they choose to work with are of the highest quality and on my day I didn't have one mistake, everything was flawless.I was also comforted by their green initiatives and their sustainable way of conducting all of their business. The entire experience was perfect, beginning to end, and I wouldn't have changed a thing. I have heard the very same compliments from family members, bridal party members and guests. Thank you to Clay Hill for making my day one that we, and my guests, will never forget!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 1/21/2013 Kim N

My husband and I were married at Clay Hill Farm in June 2012. We picked CHF because of the location, beautiful grounds, and wonderful food. The staff at Clay Hill Farm were wonderful to work with throughout the process, very friendly and professional. They made everything flow so easily, I felt taken care of and didn't have to worry about a thing! It was an amazing experience and I highly recommend Clay Hill Farm.

Hats off to Clay Hill

Reviewed on 11/14/2012 Jennifer S

My husband and I got married 9/7/12 and we decided to plan our wedding in less than 5 months. Clay Hill was simply amazing. We knew nothing on how to plan for a wedding. Jen and Rachel helped us from start to finish. They helped us every step of the way. They offered us many ceremony and meal packages with very reasonable prices. We never felt nickled and dimed... Like you find at other venues. We appreciated that we had the whole venue to ourselves and guest for the ceremony and reception. The food was amazing. Our family and friends could not stop talking about the food. Clay Hill is a gorgeous venue for photos. In the end it almost seemed to easy to plan our wedding. Thank you Clay Hill!!!!!

July 2014 Wedding

Reviewed on 11/22/2014 Katherine L

My husband and I were married at Clay Hill Farm this past summer, in July 2014. Having grown up just a mile down the street, I had always thought that it would be a perfect place to hold my wedding reception, and we were not disappointed! The staff was incredibly helpful through the entire planning process and made everything very simple and took all the stress out of our big day. The venue is naturally beautiful and requires very few additional decorations. It was pouring rain the day of our wedding, but it did not detract from the experience at all. The large windows let our guests view the beauty of the grounds without getting wet, and there was plenty of room in accommodate everyone comfortably. We went with a package deal, and the cake and DJ were both outstanding. My husband and I could not have been happier with Clay Hill Farm and would highly recommend it to everyone!

Our Perfect Day Brought to Life

Reviewed on 11/18/2014 Sasha F

My husband and I were married at the Gazebo at Clay Hill Farm on August 2, 2014. Rachel, Jen and the CHF team truly did a phenomenal job bringing our dream day to life. The planning process was far easier than we expected it to be; they were so helpful and easy to work with! They provide a great selection of wedding packages to choose from and offer everything from the menu and beverage selection, to vendor recommendations (we also highly recommend florist Katherine’s Gardens) to chairs, linens, calligraphy, etc (the list goes on). We were very happy with the selections we made and found them to be so accommodating of all of our requests. In short- they know what they are doing and they do it extraordinarily well. We are still hearing rave reviews from our guests who had nothing but positive things to say about the delicious food, the specialty drinks, the friendly, warm staff, the beautiful, lush grounds and the cozy, romantic atmosphere. It was absolutely everything we wanted and so much more. The day far exceeded anything we had in mind. Clay Hill took care of everything from set-up to coordination on the day of. My husband and I worried about absolutely nothing except interacting with our guests and enjoying our day with absolute peace of mind as everything went off without a hitch. Rachel and Jen were both on site for the wedding itself to guide us and our guests to where we needed to be. At no point did we feel rushed and at all times we felt like VIP guests. We were so incredibly happy with our experience and we are grateful to the entire staff. We highly recommend Clay Hill and encourage everyone to check out one of their wedding open houses.

Falling in love

Reviewed on 11/06/2014 Heather L

We chose Clay Hill Farm because of location. His side is from NH & Mass. and mine is from the Portland area. We knew Southern Maine was where we would end up but were concerned about costs. After researching many different options Clay Hill proved to be competitive and reasonable. When we visited we fell in love with the charm of the building and the grounds. We have 2 boys and I work retail so knowing I didn't have to do much to decorate was a great feeling. I added a few personal touches with the help of my mother but I cannot stress more how much I loved the décor and feeling Clay Hill naturally has. The food was amazing! We also took advantage of Clay Hill's vendor list, we found a great bakery and DJ. Many of our guests commented on how much they loved the venue and food. We did end up with rain and I have to say Jen was great through the whole thing, I never felt stressed or upset about having to the move the ceremony inside, she kept me in the loop of the decision my Husband and Father made and that kept me calm. It was a smooth transition and although outside would have been perfect, inside was good to, it was nice to have the back up plan. I would suggest this venue again and I know we'll be back to dine.

Energy of Love

Reviewed on 9/19/2013 Jill P

My husband and I took planning our wedding very carefully. We wanted everything about it to express US, as individuals and as a couple. Nothing said that more then Clay Hill Farm. We had the most amazing experience planning with Jen and Rachel. They were so helpful and THOUGHTFUL, which is hard to find people that actually care about what is important to us. We had our reception outside under a tent, as well as, inside the restaurant. The energy inside the tent was truly magical. Love was in the air and everyone felt it. From our guests to the staff. We have been married a month now and we continue to get praise about our wedding from family and friends. The food, the experience and the atmosphere amazing!! Clay Hill Farm was the truly the PERFECT place for us! Can not wait to go back and have dinner!!

Wonderful place, wonderful people!

Reviewed on 11/12/2012 Catherine W

Clay Hill Farm hosted both my and my sister's wedding a year ago, and there's a reason we returned - it's absolutely perfect! The natural elements were very important to us, and as a farm/garden/bird sanctuary, it had those elements to offer. While looking at other sites, we found that Clay Hill Farm offered so much more without similar amounts of "extra fees" - it was simple and straight forward, and they pride themselves on creating great weddings - so we trusted them with the big day. The two wedding planners at Clay Hill are absolutely wonderful - very accommodating and so practiced that they make everything so much calmer and clearer. We had two wonderful experiences at Clay Hill Farm, my mother even mentioned that she's sorry she doesn't have a third daughter to marry there. It's a wonderful place! And many of our guests mentioned that they'd never had such enjoyable wedding food - it helps that they are an award-winning restaurant too!

Amazing wedding at Clay Hill!

Reviewed on 8/29/2012 Leslie N

Clay Hill Farm was amazing. From the start, Rachel and Jen came across as seasoned professional wedding coordinators, explaining things to us, and anticipating our questions. They had everything well in hand on the day of the wedding, even though it rained! They coordinated with my live musicians, and officiant, and helped to direct the bridal party when they should start walking during the processional. The final cost was 2500 less than my dad expected, so that was nice, and you can't beat the atmosphere. It stopped raining after the ceremony, so guests could walk in the gardens (and apps were brought to them!). There were no hidden costs, just like Jen and Rachel said - no cake cutting fee ridiculousness. It was the perfect venue and amazing wedding coordinators. The food was also amazing - we chose the cheapest option (chicken for everyone), and it was still fantastic. I would highly recommend Clay Hill for your event, and I can tell you the package we chose was amazing and pretty affordable (I mean, weddings are expensive, but relatively affordable), but you can choose to have decadent, over-the-top food and extras, or the bare minimum like we did, and it was STILL my dream wedding.

THE BEST MAINE WEDDING VENUE!!

Reviewed on 8/05/2012 Tim C

Clay Hill Farm made our day PERFECT. The setting was idyllic and the food, absolutely delicious. If you are thinking of getting married in Maine, pick Clay Hill Farm. Choose the BEST in Maine!

Magical wedding venue and fantastic food!

Reviewed on 7/26/2012 Jessica Lee M

(Disclaimer: I won the 2012 Green Wedding Giveaway contest hosted by Clay Hill Farm, but all opinions are my own.) Clay Hill Farm was a magical place to get married at. It has beautiful grounds, a commitment to being a respectful steward of the environment, and the food is the best wedding food I've ever had. The staff were accommodating to our requests and the value for the wedding package is well worth it. We had shopped around at other venues before entering the Green Wedding Giveaway and hands down, Clay Hill Farm has the best value, staff and service. Everyone there is so friendly and committed to each couple's unique vision for their wedding. They are professional and easy to work with, and I would highly recommend them as a wedding venue.

Perfect Day

Reviewed on 7/17/2012 Elizabeth-Ann S

My husband and I had the perfect wedding reception at Clay Hill Farm on June 9th. Our guests had an amazing time, the food was delicious and you cannot beat the location for photographs.

Great wedding venue

Reviewed on 7/04/2012 Timothy

Clay Hill Farm is a beautiful place to get married. Rachel and Jennifer were very organized and made sure every detail was accounted for. Food was delicious.

Absolutely serene and wonderful!!

Reviewed on 11/03/2011 Cynthia W

Clay Hill Farm is the perfect place to set your wedding. Jennifer and Rachel are incredibly helpful, they make sure to stay in contact and always have answers to any questions you might have. I did a lot of my own decorating, and their reception area is incredibly receptive to any decor. And NOTHING matches the outside gardens for beauty!! It's basically a no-fuss site for a gorgeous wedding, everything's all set for you already. The food...fabulous! I know many brides can't even remember what they ate, but I do! The food tasted great, I found myself looking at their regular menu to see if I could go back for a "date night" and eat it again! So many of our guests said that it was one of the most beautiful weddings they had ever been to, and we owe a lot to Clay Hill Farm for that!

So thankful we went with Clay Hill Farm

Reviewed on 11/02/2011 Elizabeth B

When my fiance and I started planning our wedding we knew three things: 1) We wanted it to be as green as possible 2) We were on a serious budget and 3) We wanted a venue that would be accommodating of our desire to have different friends involved in the process (making our cake, doing decorations, etc). We kept finding beautiful venues that were way out of our budget, and then we came across Clay Hill Farm and were so impressed to their commitment to serving local (and organic when possible) food, and were so happy that they had no hidden fees (no dreaded "cake cutting fee). We met with Jen immediately, and fell in love with the grounds and were impressed with how accommodating they were of us. We were able to do what we wanted on a budget, and add our own flair. We didn't do the ceremony on site, but when we arrived, cocktail hour was beginning and we had so many rave reviews of the food (including the lobster bisque! mmm) and everyone thought the staff was so kind and attentive. The staff were willing to arrive early in the morning to let in some of my friends to do decorations and assisted them in doing so. They also worked closely with a friend who did my cake, walking her through how to get insurance for it and also allowing her to come in early to set it up. They even gave us a cute Christmas ornament to always remember Clay Hill Farm! If you are looking for a unique venue with a lot of charm, I say go for Clay Hill Farm.

Amazing Venue

Reviewed on 11/02/2011 Meggy M

Clay Hill Farm helped to make my wedding day even better than anything I ever could have imagined. They say planning a wedding is one of the most stressful things you can do, but with Rachel and Jen, they make it so easy. They set me up with my florist, my DJ and had I needed it someone to make my cake (my MIL made ours). They kept my stress level to a minimum and all of my guests are still talking about how it was the best wedding they have ever been too. The food was soooo good and not a single guest left wishing they had anything more. On top of all of that, it just is a simply gorgeous property and we now have so many amazing pictures we will treasure forever because of that. Clay Hill Farm is simply the best! I almost forgot to say that I planned most of this wedding from a distance so to have it be so easy made it even better, and because of their packages, I was able to pay the florist and the DJ through Clay Hill and the package we used making it even easier. Keeping payments to one place is just one more thing to decrease the stress! So as I already said, they are simply the best!

Such a wonderful place!

Reviewed on 10/13/2011 Tarra W

Clay Hill Farm was just fantastic and so accommodating. I planned my wedding from half way across the country so they kept in communication with me through email and made the whole process 10x less stressful than it could've been. The food was amazing and all of my guests were raving about what a beautiful place it was! Thanks again!

Amazing wedding planner!

Reviewed on 9/15/2011 haley m

Rachel Davenport. If you are getting married in this area, this is who you NEED to have planning your wedding. I can't find enough words to express how above and beyond she will go. If you need a wedding planner, and you don't pick her, you're crazy!

Excellent Reception Venue

Reviewed on 9/01/2011 Kristyn C

Can't say enough about this venue - unique, homey and private - only one wedding at a time. The wedding coordinators on staff provide excellent service and advice - they really have it together. The food is great, too. Highly recommend for a Maine Seacoast wedding! It's an excellent value!

Overall a good experience

Reviewed on 12/15/2010 Kayte G

Clay Hill Farm is beautiful and was a fantastic spot for our August wedding. We have had nothing but compliments from our guests, the food was superb, and for an outdoor garden wedding it cannot be beat. I really like that they're environmentally concious as well although I have to admit that we didn't really focus on having a green wedding. My one complaint is that although the wedding coordinators were easy to communicate with, they often seemed disinterested. I realize it is a business for them but a little more enthusiasm would have been appreciated considering how much money we spent to have the wedding there! After we signed the contract that was it. Despite the fact that I didn't click with the coordinators, they were pretty organized and everything on the day went smoothly, except that one prop for our ceremony didn't make it down to the gazebo, which was annoying but in the scheme of things not the worst thing to happen. I feel that if Jennifer or Rachel had attended the actual rehearsal this wouldn't have been overlooked. Don't expect any extra favors or a warm and fuzzy feeling, but for superb food, a great atmosphere and a decent wedding package (be prepared to upgrade if you have a specific vision), Clay Hill Farm is a great choice. The atmosphere can't be beat. Just wish that the coordinators had been a little more upbeat!

Perfect!

Reviewed on 12/11/2010 Tracy D

We LOVED Clay Hill Farm! It was the perfect place to have our wedding AND reception. It was nice not to have to waste time traveling between the wedding and reception site. The place is BEAUTIFUL and cozy! No need for a lot of extra decoration. Once we finalized all the plans with them we were just able to sit back and enjoy the day. They coordinated everything for us! They are even able to recommend some good vendors...especially the DJ. We got MANY compliments from guests at how beautiful our wedding was...and to this day we STILL do! My only complaint was that we felt a little rushed at the rehearsal (but the wedding was so well coordinated by them I don't think we needed as much rehearsing as I thought). And because we didn't want to pay the extra for an evening wedding we had to be out by 4 so they could turn it back into a restaurant. It turned out to be a beautiful day and I wouldn't change a thing! We left feeling VERY SATISFIED!

Picture Perfect Wedding

Reviewed on 12/05/2010 Sabrina B

We got married at Clay Hill Farm on 10-10-10. From our first meeting with the wedding planner, Jen, we knew our wedding venue search was completed! Immediately, we knew we would be in good hands! The wedding was our dream wedding. Everything was picture perfect! The guest could not stop raving about the service, food, ceremony, reception and the scenery! Clay Hill treated all of our guests like royalty. The food was amazing and people continue to complement us on the quality and quantity of the food! I recommend Clay Hill to everyone looking to get married. The wedding planners are amazing and they know their stuff! They have an answser for all your questions. You will not regret choosing Clay Hill Farm for your wedding venue! -Sabrina and Tim Dalton (10-10-10)

Loved my wedding at Clay HIll

Reviewed on 12/02/2010 Brenda H

Our wedding was held at Clay Hill on10/02/2004! We had our ceremony outside at the gazebo followed by a wonderful reception inside. The food was great, DJ, the flowers, cake et... all venders recommended by Clay Hill. The staff were great, I did not worry about anything. They took care of everything!! Six years later, friends still tell us what a great wedding we had and loved Clay Hill. My huband and I still go there for dinner when we can!!

Worth Every Penny

Reviewed on 12/02/2010 anne marie o

We were married 4/13/2008. Our reception was at Clay Hill Farm and it was absolutely what we were looking for. Elegant, easy, delicious, fun, etc. Many of our guests were from out of town so we wanted to make sure they had a wonderful event to attend. The food was phenomenal! I still get raves from guests 3 years later! The facilities were fantastic. We didn't bother wasting money on flowers as the facilities were great on their own. I didn't have to attend to anything all day as they took care of everything which was how I wanted to spend my day...with my guests. When some unexpected children of one of our guests showed up they quickly made accommodations for them. The grounds provided a lovely backdrop to our photos even in April when the flowers hadn't even started to come up (it was a cold year). We were on a strict budget and they did a great job of helping us stay within it and there was no pressure whatsoever to scale things up. But even within the budget you would think we spent much more than we did. It was a truly a wonderful experience to work with them. I hear this time and time again from others who have had weddings there or who have been vendors for weddings that have been hosted there. I recommend it highly and pass their info on to all the new brides I know.

Wonderful All Around!

Reviewed on 11/27/2010 Laurie W

Our wedding was 5/28/10, the Friday night of Memorial Day weekend. We chose Clay Hill Farm as our ceremony and reception venue because we dine there every year while on vacation in ME. Wedding coordinators Jennifer and Rachel were absolutely fabulous and went the extra mile to ensure an out of state couple (we live in MA) felt comfortable albeit the distance while planning such an important day. Although we did not elect to use their all-inclusive package, Clay Hill was familiar and worked extremely well with the outside vendors we chose. The service was impeccable and we heard nary a complaint on the food - quite to the contrary - we still get compliments to this day not only on the menu, but on the entire evening. We've been told many times that our wedding was 'the best they've ever been to'....which made us proud to have selected Clay Hill Farm as the venue for one of the most important days of our lives. It was the best and we look forward to our return visits every year!

Send Email