Clh images Photography

Happy to travel far and wide!

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Happy to travel far and wide! (518) 209-3763

Reviewed on 11/10/2017 Liz N

Carrie is the absolute best! I was somewhat frustrated when I started looking for wedding photographers. Nothing I saw on photographers' websites got me excited to work with them. When I saw Carrie’s website, though, that immediately changed. Her pictures were crisp, her... Read More subjects always looked natural and comfortable, never posed, and, somehow she always seemed to find the most beautiful lighting and color combinations between her subjects and the setting. After we spoke to Carrie on the phone, we knew that she was our photographer. She was so sweet and accommodating. I had a long list of initial questions and Carrie took the time to answer each one thoughtfully and thoroughly. About a month before the wedding, we reviewed the details of the day, which was incredibly helpful to us in finalizing our day-of timeline. On the day of the wedding, Carrie was wonderful. We were behind schedule after the ceremony and Carrie did a great job of quickly getting through our many family pictures to get us back on schedule as much as possible. My husband doesn’t like to have his picture taken, but Carrie kept the atmosphere light and fun, which relaxed both of us, and the pictures came out beautifully! Despite the fact that I do not really remembering seeing her taking pictures during the reception, when we received our pictures, it seemed like Carrie had been everywhere! She did a great job of getting at least one picture of almost all of our guests. The pictures are gorgeous and they absolutely delivered on that style I liked so much about Carrie in the first place. Most importantly, though, Carrie really seemed to capture the essence of my husband and me, and all of our family and friends. You can almost feel the love and happiness jumping out of the pictures. I honestly cannot express how thrilled we are with our pictures or with our entire experience with Carrie. I feel privileged that we were able to have her be a part of our day.

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Jennifer D

If you don’t read anything other than this first sentence, know that Carrie is hands-down one of the best, most personable and professional photographers I’ve ever encountered, if not one of the best human beings in the Albany Area! We’ve seen and worked with Carrie at other... Read More weddings, but assumed she’d be out of our budget and/or travel area since we live in Central Pa. Honest to god, before we even got engaged, I emailed Carrie to see if she’d be willing to travel to somewhere in PA to shoot our wedding. She not only got a laugh out of it, but readily agreed, even though we had no location and just a general idea of season/year. Once we got our ducks in a row (and, you know, actually got engaged), I got back in touch with a date and location, and low and behold, it was a small city that Carrie herself had personal ties to, so she was even more excited to spend the weekend in Amish country with us! We did most of our wedding planning with Carrie via email and phone, since she’s upstate and we live in PA, but there were never any issues with lack of response or changed meeting times. Carrie was, and still is, the upmost professional when it comes to her business, and she does absolutely everything in her power to put her clients first. When our wedding day finally came, Carrie was a calming presence. She rolled with the punches, the weather and our big crazy families, and did it all professionally with a smile on her face! Carrie not only kept us on-time for our couple and bridal party portraits, but we were actually early leaving for the church! When have you ever, EVER heard of an entire bridal party showing up to the church 25 minutes ahead of schedule?? She knew our bridal party’s names ahead of time and was able to quickly place those names to faces, and she kept our entire group of 12 happy and laughing during our 45 minutes of photos. Carrie was amazing when it came to our reception, too—she blended in with our guests, popped up whenever one of our moms or a friend called to have a photo taken, and she graciously grabbed us away for 10 minutes during our 90’s dance party to do a few evening shots. It’s only been 3 weeks and we know Carrie needs time to work her but we cannot wait to see how the rest of the photos turn out. I know that they’ll be amazing, and that Carrie not only captured how our day looked, but how we felt and the emotions of our parents and guests. If possible, book Carrie for your wedding, your engagement photos, or just a sweetheart session to get some nicer photos of you and your partner or your family! She’s honestly worth way more than her prices reflect, but I’m guessing her schedule is already getting pretty full since she’s in such high demand! My partner and I highly recommend Carrie for any of your photography needs, and we cannot wait to continue to see her and get more photos taken as our family changes and grows in the coming years!! Thank you, Carrie, for being such an amazing person, and making our time together truly memorable!

Reviewed on 1/24/2017 Sam S

Perhaps it is appropriate that words cannot capture the full extent of how amazing Carrie was in photographing our wedding. She was not only our photographer, but someone who made our wedding exponentially better! From the moment we booked her, Carrie made sure to help walk us... Read More through every detail of the day. My husband and I felt like complete fish out of water when it came not only to weddings, but especially being photographed. Carrie made sure we felt comfortable and gave us tons of options and all the pros and cons to each. She never pushed us in any direction and always made sure we were firs and foremost comfortable and stress-free. When she arrived for our big day, she withstood below freezing temps in the Catskills and even offered to jump in on a hunt for our lost dog! All that speaks to Carrie's professionalism and genuinely amazing personality! However, her sheer artistic talent is also remarkable. She captured our day in the most authentic way possible, short of just experiencing it in the moment. When I look at the pictures she took (both the formal and the candid) I'm able to relive the most amazing day of my life in an honest and real way. Her photos truly speak for themselves. Carrie made both my husband and I feel so comfortable and all of our guests absolutely adored her! She was never intrusive or forced and somehow managed to be everywhere at once (which is crazy because she did the whole wedding by herself). I don't think we have ever had a better professional service in our lives (where the sheer talent, work ethic, AND personality are all exemplary). I cannot recommend CLH enough! It's one of (if not the biggest) days of of your life and Carrie will ensure that every moment of it is made timeless in photos!

Reviewed on 1/31/2016 Emily W

Short version of my review of CLH Images Photography and Carrie is: choose her. If you don't, I can almost guarantee that you will regret it. Now, the long version of my review. Carrie was a referral from a close friend of mine and she was the fourth and final... Read More photographer we were meeting with to discuss our destination wedding. When my husband and I met Carrie, she was glowing. Maybe it was because she was meeting us, lol, but I am going to go out on a limb and say it was because she was 8/9 months pregnant with her precious son Covyn. Her bubbly, sweet and positive personality rubbed us the right way. We met for about an hour going over our plan for the wedding and her work. When my husband and I got in the car to drive home, we both looked at each other and said "she's the one." Your wedding day is one of the most important, special and sacred days of your life. Yes, the photographers work needs to be and should be up to your standards but for us it was just as equally important to have that personal connection. Carrie always made us feel comfortable. She is easy to talk to and overall a genuine and caring person. From the business perspective, she was always on point with scheduling, shoot ideas, poses etc. Now onto her work. The finished product. The pictures you will be hanging up in your homes and sharing with your family and friends. From my experience, I honestly only have one word. Speechless. I remember getting the email saying my pictures were done. I remember at first I scrolled through them rapidly, blocking out all the noise around me except the noise coming from the mouse on my desktop. Then I went back through them all and went slow. Very slow, studying every picture, every pose, every background and details of the shoots. The colors took my breath away. The sunset, the lighting, the candid shots, everything was beyond anything I could have hoped for. The details were all there. The half of a second she had to get the waves coming up about to crash... She got. Truly amazing in every way. Did we have a perfect day and gorgeous natural background being on the beach at sunset? Yes... but there is so much more to it. This is where Carrie's true talent and love for her work comes in. This was a new location. New scenery, new lighting, new background. Photographers often photograph in the same or similar locations. They already know where to go, what back drops they have, what plan B is if plan A doesn't go right. Not that their job is any easier, but they already have an idea of what may or may not work. Now, don't get me wrong, this is a HUGE positive if your photographer has shot at the same place before. But for my pictures to come out as amazing as they are, being in a brand new location with all new elements, speaks for itself. Speaks for Carrie and her work. She is your one. Whether it's a Burlaps and Beams outdoor wedding, a center of Albany engagement or another destination wedding/newlywed shoot, she is your one. And don't forget family and baby sessions! I can guarantee she will make everyone smile. Cheers.