Coastal Gourmet at Latitude 41 and the Mystic Seaport

Mystic, CT

Tall ships, fresh air, and beautiful water views

Mystic Seaport magic beckons with its verdant landscape and snug historic village pleasingly perched along beautiful Mystic River. Choose the River Room’s bright elegance and stone patio; the North Lawn’s lush outdoor ceremony and tented reception area; or the Boat Shed’s airy, casual chic pavilion.

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Waterfront, Museum, Restaurant, Tented

Food + Catering, Planning

105 Greenmanville Avenue, Mystic, CT

Reviewed on 10/22/2015

We could not have a more positive experience with Coastal Gourmet and the Mystic Seaport! We fell in love with Latitude 41 from the moment we first saw it and it only got better after meeting with Jenna, our wedding coordinator. Jenna was organized, easy to work and communicate... Read More with and helped make our night so amazing. The food was incredible, it was hard to choose after the tastings! We were married on the North Lawn, just outside Latitude 41 on the water and managed to have perfect weather and a beautiful sunset during the ceremony. The scenery was beautiful and the pictures in the Seaport came out beautifully. The day of the wedding, we were able to drop off the remaining decorations for setup. When we arrived later that day, we had an attendant who remained with Ryan and I throughout the evening making sure we had water through pictures, food during cocktail hour and took care of all our other needs. Jenna stayed throughout dinner to assure that all went according to plan. Her, along with the rest of the staff, made the evening more spectacular than we ever could have imagined. Highly recommend the this venue!

The best

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Lauren S

I cannot say enough great things about our wedding at the River Room at Latitude 41! Some things I loved: THE SERVICE & CONVENIENCE Jenna, our event manager, was amazingly professional from start to finish. She •Patiently and promptly answered all of my questions... Read More •Helped explore budget friendly options •Helped us find a peak season date just 8 months out! •Accommodated all our crazy brunch menu ideas (crepe station, yep they could do it!) •Recommended great hotels and restaurants in the area •Arranged for an extra entree choice and our Bellini signature drink without charging us extra •Asked the event staff to place flowers on each and every place setting for us (also free of charge) Also, we had our ceremony in the Greenmanville Church, the beautiful chapel on the Mystic Seaport grounds. It’s less than a 2 minute walk away from the River Room, and our guests LOVED the convenience of being so close! I was having difficulty finding a church that wasn’t already booked too since I was planning the wedding just 8 months out. By booking the River Room at Latitude 41 though, you have exclusive use of the chapel right there (for a reasonable fee), and Jenna was also able to recommend the best independent Catholic priest to perform our ceremony (Father Shawn Smith They were also doing some construction near the church (which I was aware of when I booked everything) and Jenna made sure that the construction was completed ahead of schedule so it looked beautiful! THE FOOD AND VALUE Initially I thought that Latitude was going to be too expensive with our modest budget, but I found that by having a daytime or off season wedding it’s actually affordable. The minimums are low during those times, and the venue doesn’t charge you a horrible venue fee (like $5,000 just to walk in the door). Instead at Latitude, you pay for what you eat and drink. That’s it. So if you’re on a budget you can work with your menu selections, drink options, and number of guests to make it affordable. And, what you get for the money is AMAZING! Our guest were raving about the food! By keeping our guest list down we were able to go with top shelf food and drink; filet mignon, ahi tuna, Thai glazed salmon! It was all SO GOOD, and I had more than one guest tell me it was the best food they’ve ever had a wedding. THE VIEW AND SPACE Lastly, I loved the event space. The River room is very charming, and the setup is perfectly linear; the dance floor, leads right into the seating area, and that leads to the gorgeous tented patio (with a 2nd bar), which is right by the lawn, which boarders the river. It’s a straight line to all the spaces which meant that anytime during the reception you can see and spend time with all your guests as opposed to having to go room to room. With the River Room you also have use of all the spaces the whole time which enabled our guest to move freely between the patio and the dance floor… to stroll by the river or go play the lawn games, or to go to the photo booth we set up overlooking the river. They had free reign of the whole space which led to a very relaxed atmosphere that people really enjoyed. I HIGHLY recommend Latitude 41 and can’t thank Jenna enough for making our special day better than I could have ever hoped!

Our Dream Wedding Come True

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Melissa B

I can’t say enough good things about Coastal Gourmet…highly recommend them! From day one we felt confident in our choice to work with Coastal Gourmet. They truly have got this wedding business down to a science. I had the pleasure of working with Jenna Landon over at Latitude... Read More 41 Restaurant and Tavern. My husband and I have nothing but praises for the staff and how the entire process went, from the day we signed a contract to the very last dance on our wedding night…it was perfect. Jenna always answered my emails even though I sent a ton. With having to plan a wedding from San Diego, trust me I sent a ton. She was extremely helpful and understanding and I always felt like things were taken care of. We had a ton of last minute changes with a lower guest count and had to figure out how to make it work. I was so nervous things were going to be a mess and she made it a breeze and turned my stress into excitement! We dropped off all of our decorations, gave her a quick idea of what we wanted and boom…my dream wedding appeared! I don’t know how she does it but she is fantastic! CJ, my bridal attendant, was also amazing. She was nice enough to bring over a plate of appetizers for myself and my groom and made sure we at them! It was nice to have someone constantly looking out for us and our family the whole night. I couldn’t quite comprehend what a bridal attendant would do, but now I can’t picture the day without her! The food…my goodness the food was so good!!!! Our guests raved about every detail and particularly enjoyed their filet dishes. The raw bar was a huge hit as well. I actually had a guest come up to me and tell me that they had gone to a big fancy wedding in Manhattan the night before and that our wedding “kicked its butt.” Cozy, coastal, romantic, and fun!!! Coastal gourmet and Latitude 41 delivered! Thank you all so much.

Latitude 41-Coastmal Gourmet Review

Reviewed on 11/14/2015 Laura R

Coastal Gourmet was a wonderful company to work with. Our reception was beautiful and Jenna (our coordinator) thought of everything and made the process so easy for us. The staff was great throughout the entire reception!

Coastal Gourmet and Jenna Landon!!

Reviewed on 11/02/2015

My husband and I couldn't be happier with choosing Coastal Gourmet . Jenna our contact was amazing, she was professional and helped my husband and I so much with the planning process. Jenna on the day of the wedding, had back up plans and keep us on a timeline even with the... Read More rainy weather not cooperating in our outdoor ceremony. All my wedding guests were so impressed with the apps, wedding meal and late night snacks. They also enjoyed the cake, all provided by Coastal Gourmet. We couldn't have chosen a better vendor for our catering needs for our wedding! I would highly recommend Coastal Gourmet, and ask for Jenna!

More than just a caterer!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

We worked with Jenna Landon at Coastal and I honestly don't know what we would have done without her. She helped us with every step of the process and planning of every aspect of our wedding. She was so much more than just a caterer! Because of her and her team our wedding... Read More turned out to be everything we ever dreamed of and more. Coastal coordinates with your other vendors, sets up all the decorations for you, gives you an attendant who waits on you hand and foot the day of your wedding, cleans and packs up all your decorations so you can just get in the car and go after the wedding, and helps structure the day of. The staff are very professional and wonderful. The menu was created perfectly to suit our tastes and guests raved about the food! I cannot say enough amazing things about our experience with Coastal and Jenna.

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Katie M

Our experience with Coastal Gourmet Catering was phenomenal! Our wedding was in August with the ceremony taking place on the North Lawn of the Mystic Seaport and reception following in the River Room of Latitude 41. Our venue coordination, Alyson Clark, made the planning process... Read More very easy. Every step of the way was well defined and she was on top of it all! From planning to execution, our day was everything we could have hoped for and more. Our guests were very impressed with the locale of the venue itself, the cuisine, and the fluidity of the event in general. Our bridal attendant, Elvia, was a blessing as she catered to me and my husband's every need, ensuring we were hydrated, comfortable and everything in between. We would highly recommend Coastal Gourmet at Mystic Seaport for your upcoming nuptials!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Megan B

My wedding at Latitude 41 and the Mystic Seaport was perfect. The entire planning process was manageable even doing it all over 2,000 miles away! Jenna, our wedding coordinator at Latitude 41 was amazing, along with all the staff working there. You plan for so long and put so... Read More much effort and time into one day I just wanted everything to be flawless and it was.

Our best day ever!

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Meg D

The best day ever is how I describe our wedding day. Wedding planning was made easy with the help of our own event manager that was assigned to us. She guided us through the process and attended to every detail and wish that we could have dreamed of. We were made to feel like we... Read More were hosting THE most important wedding of the year ( even though I know they have many to plan for!) Our bridal attendant even entertained my infant nephew during photos the day of the wedding. I could not recommend this venue more!

Beautiful Venue, Great Food and Service

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Jinny N

My husband and I had our wedding at Mystic Seaport based on a co-worker's recommendation. We had our ceremony outside on the North Lawn and the reception inside the River Room (Latitude 41). The river view was a beautiful back drop for the ceremony and we didn't need to spend... Read More a lot on floral decorations. The staff did a great job helping out my florist with the centerpieces and decor. I had an attendant (Sunny) on the day of my wedding who was very accommodating and went above and beyond her job. I also had an on-site coordinator who was my point of contact for the venue. Jenna did an amazing job. She was very organized and reliable, which took some of the stress off esp on the big day. She was able to work with our budget and was very responsive to our emails. We received many compliments from our guests regarding the venue and food. The venue and staff helped made our wedding an even more special day. We highly recommend this place!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015

My partner and I were married on the North Lawn at Latitude 41, overlooking the beautiful Mystic River. We knew immediately that we loved the setting but ultimately what made us chose Latitude 41 was their connection with Coastal Gourmet and their staff. My husband and I were... Read More planning our wedding from Australia, the distance and time difference made e-mail our main form of communication. Our coordinator, Alyson, was quick to return our e-mails and never showed signs of frustration with their length or frequency. We highly recommend Latitude 41!

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Chris J

What can I say - it was perfect! The setting and the staff were fantastic. It was all inclusive, and really easy for us to focus on our own special touches instead of fussing with the general logistics. My only complaint is that it was over way too soon!

Reviewed on 9/22/2015

The lighthouse and boat shed at Mystic Seaport are a perfect location for a wedding. Having Coastal Gourmet assist in the planning as well as providing the food ensures an event that everyone will enjoy. The staff was extremely helpful, courteous and friendly through out all... Read More the planning and on the actual day of the wedding. We received many comments from guests on what a truly spectacular time they had. We would definitely recomment Coastal Gourmet to anyone planning an event.

Best day of my life

Reviewed on 9/20/2015 Chrissy B

I am 100% satisfied with my wedding experience hosted by Coastal Gourmet. We had our event at Latitude 41 in Mystic, CT. I worked very closely with Jenna Landon during the planning process for approximately 14 months. She was attentive, responded immediately to... Read More emails/questions, and was extremely detail oriented. On the day of our wedding, every detail went smoothly. We had Sharon as our day of coordinator, Jessica as a bridal attendant, and Tom as the banquet manager. They were all lovely and executed the event as planned. The food was incredible (appetizers, entrees and desert), came out in a timely fashion and was a good temperature. They wait staff and bartenders did a wonderful job. I have no complaints with my experience at all. I think the company and venue is hands down the best place to have a wedding. I highly recommend this venue to future brides.

Reviewed on 9/20/2015 Renee B

Our wedding was held at the Boat Shed and it was absolutely stunning! We could not have asked for a more perfect location. And with Coastal Gourmet having the food and event planning rolled in to one, made life so much easier! We would not have changed a single thing about our... Read More weekend. I would recommend Coastal Gourmet and the Mystic Seaport to anyone looking for that perfect New England setting.

Coastal Gourmet at Mystic Seaport

Reviewed on 9/17/2015 Megan C

I loved working with Coastal Gourmet and with our coordinator Kim. Leading up to the wedding Kim was always quick to respond to emails and had great ideas to go with our laid back wedding. She thought of great food options that we got compliments on from a lot of our guests.... Read More She also had great suggestions for other vendors to use. On the actual day everyone at Coastal Gourmet was so organized, nice, and helpful. One staff member even fanned me in the bathroom when I got hot from dancing. The whole day went so smoothly and everyone there made sure we were happy and fed the whole night. The Seaport was a beautiful location for a wedding and we also got compliments from guests on the beauty of the venue and the laid back atmosphere. Not only is the Seaport beautiful and on the water it was also an affordable choice compared with other similar venues in the area. Coastal Gourmet and specifically Kim were great and I would definitely recommend other brides to use Coastal Gourmet.

Amazing staff, food & service!!!

Reviewed on 9/10/2015 Jennifer M

Having our wedding at the Mystic Seaport / Coastal Gourmet was truly one of the best decisions we could have made! Jenna was our planner and from day one she made me feel at ease, excited, and supported. She was a wealth of knowledge, efficient, and always available when we... Read More had questions and concerns. We had to move our wedding date from April '16 to September '15 and planned our wedding in 8 weeks! Jenna made this process easy and stress-free. She honestly is the reason we chose the Seaport. The actual day ran so incredibly smoothly. The venue is beautiful and we loved that everything was all inclusive. The ceremony was on the North Lawn, cocktail hour on the terrace, and reception in the River Room. The staff was kind, respectful, professional, and available for whatever was needed. The food was AMAZING and our guests are still talking about it!!! There was so much variety and choice and everything was delicious. I HIGHLY recommend this venue. My dream was to have a wedding where I didn't have to be "in charge" (I have a job running events and programs with children) and that dream was fulfilled! Not only did I not have to run things but the people running things did a better job than I ever could have done. We were so happy with Jenna and the Seaport!

Reviewed on 8/31/2015 Heather C

Coastal Gourmet was our caterer for our wedding at the Mystic Seaport (North Lawn & River Room). The quality of the food and beverage exceeded our expectations. The selection of food and beverage was phenomenal! Our favorite appetizer was the petite clam fritter and also the... Read More clam chowder served with a wedge of grilled cheese (blue cheese with bacon inside). We especially liked the s'mores station after dinner. All of our guests complimented on how amazing the food tasted! In addition to great food, the service from the staff was awesome. The staff was professional, friendly and they worked so hard to make our event a success.

Reviewed on 4/18/2015 Chanel C

I was planning a tour of the venue with Jenna and gave her my specific date we were looking to have our wedding. We scheduled a tour for Saturday morning. After driving OVER an hour to Mystic, we arrived to have Jenna tell us someone booked our date last night. No phone call was... Read More made to my fiance and I to let us know that this date was taken as no other dates were available that fit our schedule. Jenna was very unprofessional and I wouldn't recommend working with her if you truly want a special day

2015-05-06T14:26:23 Response from the vendor

I was so sad to read this. I really love what I do and the clients I work with. This is a dream job for me and I take what I do very seriously. I want nothing less than the best for every client that... Read Less Read More

Great Venue & Great Experience

Reviewed on 3/27/2015 Lauren H

Latitude 41 at Mystic Seaport was the perfect backdrop for my November 8th Wedding. The venue was absolutely beautiful with tons of space. The staff & Jenna Landon were wonderful. They were so accommodating; they really helped take the stress out of planning. Jenna was... Read More always available to answer any questions and was flexible when we needed a menu change or a guest dropped out at the last minute. I would highly recommend Coastal Gourmet & Jenna.

Best venue, amazing experience!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Kelly F

I can not say enough great things about Coastal Gourmet, Latitude 41, and the Mystic Seaport. Jenna helped us to plan our wedding from 5 states away and was so helpful and accommodating. I had very few ideas for what I wanted, and she helped me every step of the way. From... Read More selecting the package and adjusting the add-ons, she was on top of EVERYTHING throughout our 2 year planning process. She perfectly executed my vision (which included many pieces for each table and the mantles). She was able to remember where I wanted EVERYTHING and when I walked in to see the room after the ceremony.. I didn't need to change anything! The food was AMAZING as well. From the appetizers to the meal to the desserts... I could have eaten all night if I wasn't busy having such a great time! There was also an attendant to bring us around the seaport with our photographer. She even recommended certain places we would want photos and made sure we were back in time for the cocktail hour. She also made sure we were able to try every appetizer (she brought a plate with all of them for us) and ensured that we had drinks all night long. She even helped me locate my lost veil! That additional service was something I would not have planned- but it was the best perk to have that night! Five stars for the whole venue, catering, and experience!!

Total perfection!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Jane S

We had our wedding reception in The River Room at Latitude 41 this past August and it was absolutely perfect! Our guests could not stop raving about the location, the food, the staff, everything! Our planner was Kimberly and she was responsive and really kept... Read More us on track with all of our deadlines. She was super detail oriented and really listened to our vision and made it come to life! We looked at a ton of venues around CT and this one was by far the best out there!

Great Venue - Sept 2014 Wedding Mystic Seaport

Reviewed on 10/26/2014 Sally S

I was married on the North Lawn in September, with dinner in the River Room. I planned the wedding in under a year (and from 2000 miles away - we live in colorado) with the help of Alyson. She was in her second trimester when we met but that didn't stop her from showing us the... Read More venue in a snowstorm! She and I have similar personalities so I felt like we were on the same page and she cut it to us straight. She was good about explaining all the details and the fine print. She was excellent about outlining the schedule of approvals and payments. We found the grounds of the Seaport to be unique, Mystic to have the New England charm we wanted our guests to experience without being as expensive as nearby Newport. The North Lawn is expansive and well kept. The waterfront views with the ships and boats in back was exactly what we were looking for. The River Room is nice too; the brick on the patio could stand to be updated but the sail cloth patio covering more than makes up for it, it's gorgeous. The River room seems a bit dark but the decor and WI down are nice. Guests commented that with the bar being right on the dancefloor allowed them to stay dancing more than they did at other weddings. The main bathroom is downstairs but there is a single washroom on the main floor for older or handicapped guests. While Alyson went on a maternity leave my planning kept on without a blip which was a nice bit of sanity. I totally trusted them both to have it under control. The day if attendant was also super nice, helpful and never hard to find. The day went smoothly, the room looked great, the food was excellent and everyone had a fantastic time. Their package deals are easy to understand, include great bar options, and their prices are competitive. I had guests come in from all over the country and everyone raved about the venue. We had our rehearsal at the Engine Room and hosted a sail on the Argia the next day. The entire weekend went off without a hitch and Alyson and team were a big part of that.

Amazing wedding!

Reviewed on 10/15/2014 Meredith S

We recently got married at the Seaport & can't say enough good things. While it's quaint and historic, the catering co behind it is a like a wedding planning machine! We avoided some venues because it was obvious that all they do is pump out weddings & don't really have any... Read More character. However, when you arrive at the seaport, you notice historic ships, beautiful water views & an old world River Room that resembles the inside of a ship & you feel like you're at a welcoming party, not a sterile reception hall-so much charm! Having our wedding here really created a unique & memorable location for both us & guests. Our planner was Alyson- she was fantastic! I had so many questions throughout the process, but she always answered my many emails quickly, & in a professional & friendly manner. We changed things up a few times, & she was happy to accommodate our needs. When the date got closer, & knew it was going to rain- while I was freaking out about everything I could not control, Alyson stayed calm, offered her professional advise on our best option for fixing an outdoor ceremony in the pouring rain & we had a beautiful tent setup for the day of the wedding to keep our guests dry. We also worked with Kim on the day of- another planner at CG, and she was also fantastic;She ensured that even despite the weather that things went smoothly.She personally greeted me upon my arrival, showed me around to make sure that the reception setup exceeded my expectations & above everything else, was just so kind! The food was AMAZING in so many ways- value was incredible (cost includes open bar), & what CG considers 'standard' food IMO is excellent. Service top notch, food quality & options for all price ranges was amazing-tons of upgrading options avail too! Very accommodating to all dietary needs also. If you want a charming and sophisticated wedding with superb planning, food & service at the right price, I highly recommend checking out CG!

Absolutely Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/12/2014 Julia K

We recently held our wedding reception at Latitude 41 and it was outstanding! We would not have changed a thing about our entire experience with Latitude 41. The staff was very professional and extremely helpful, especially Jenna Landon. Our guests were blown away by the... Read More gorgeous venue and their amazing food! What a beautiful spot overlooking the river. It was wonderful to work with such an experienced and well run group. We highly recommend Latitude 41- you will not be disappointed!!