Coastal Gourmet at Latitude 41 and the Mystic Seaport

Mystic, CT

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

The River Room at Latitude 410 Restaurant offers extraordinary views of the Mystic River in a New-England-style setting. With its exposed beams and cast iron chandeliers, The River Room is a beautiful backdrop for couples desiring an elegant venue with a rustic touch. A terrace is available for cocktail parties or gatherings, making this room a flexible combination of indoor and outdoor space. For winter celebrations, the large fireplace offers a cozy atmosphere. The River Room may be set for up to 200 guests.

The north lawn provides a spacious white peaked tent overlooking the Mystic River. The adjustable space features seating for up to 500 guests and includes the additional grounds of Mystic Seaport's North Lawn.

Germanville Church. For a truly historic wedding ceremony experience at Mystic Seaport, the bride and groom have the option of celebrating their vows at the 1851 Germanville Church. Acquired by the museum in 1955 after years of various owners, the church is the centerpiece of the museum's coastal village. All reception venues are conveniently located to the Germanville Church. The church is available for services from 10 a.m. through 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. through 6 p.m.

Other equally charming and historic areas are available for ceremonies and receptions, such as:

• The Boatshed at Lighthouse Point is an authentic pavilioned boatshed with the capacity for 200 guests
  • The Morgan Suites have 19th century charm and the ability to set from 45 to 70 guests
  • The Sabino is a restored steamship that for the foreseeable future operates at dockside
  • The Galley Restaurant is a casual spot for a picnic-style reception of up to 50 guests

Mystic Seaport offers a dedicated special events team to assist couples with planning for a celebration at the museum. Multiple wedding packages are also available to the bride and groom from their dedicated caterer.

Mystic Seaport has chosen Coastal Gourmet as its full-service catering partner. Coastal Gourmet has over 18 years of experience hosting business, social and non-profit events, among others. Coastal Gourmet offers a variety of distinct wedding packages; however, all include:

• Floor-length table linens and napkins in white or ivory
  • China, stainless flatware and glassware
  • Hurricane lanterns on each table
  • On-site wedding day supervision provided by a wedding event manager
  • Personal bridal attendant for the day of the celebration
  • Professional waitstaff and culinary team
  • Use of the Morgan Suites for a rehearsal dinner or brunch

The bride and groom may select from a number of menus that include delectable hors d’oeuvres, entrées, desserts and a custom-designed wedding cake. Plated dinners, buffet dinners and even a New England lobster bake are available from Coastal Gourmet. Upgraded menus are always a choice, and wedding packages are flexible. Catered alcohol service includes premium liquor with assorted mixers and soft drinks.

Special extras for the bride and groom from Mystic Seaport include:

• Special pricing for guests of the bride and groom to the museum
  • A complimentary one-year membership to the museum for the newlyweds

Tall ships, fresh air, and beautiful water views

Mystic Seaport magic beckons with its verdant landscape and snug historic village pleasingly perched along beautiful Mystic River. Choose the River Room’s bright elegance and stone patio; the North Lawn’s lush outdoor ceremony and tented reception area; or the Boat Shed’s airy, casual chic pavilion.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Waterfront, Museum, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

Bow2010

105 Greenmanville Avenue, Mystic, CT (860) 572-5305

Reviewed on 10/22/2015

We could not have a more positive experience with Coastal Gourmet and the Mystic Seaport! We fell in love with Latitude 41 from the moment we first saw it and it only got better after meeting with Jenna, our wedding coordinator. Jenna was organized, easy to work and communicate... Read More with and helped make our night so amazing. The food was incredible, it was hard to choose after the tastings! We were married on the North Lawn, just outside Latitude 41 on the water and managed to have perfect weather and a beautiful sunset during the ceremony. The scenery was beautiful and the pictures in the Seaport came out beautifully. The day of the wedding, we were able to drop off the remaining decorations for setup. When we arrived later that day, we had an attendant who remained with Ryan and I throughout the evening making sure we had water through pictures, food during cocktail hour and took care of all our other needs. Jenna stayed throughout dinner to assure that all went according to plan. Her, along with the rest of the staff, made the evening more spectacular than we ever could have imagined. Highly recommend the this venue!

The best

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Lauren S

I cannot say enough great things about our wedding at the River Room at Latitude 41! Some things I loved: THE SERVICE & CONVENIENCE Jenna, our event manager, was amazingly professional from start to finish. She •Patiently and promptly answered all of my questions... Read More •Helped explore budget friendly options •Helped us find a peak season date just 8 months out! •Accommodated all our crazy brunch menu ideas (crepe station, yep they could do it!) •Recommended great hotels and restaurants in the area •Arranged for an extra entree choice and our Bellini signature drink without charging us extra •Asked the event staff to place flowers on each and every place setting for us (also free of charge) Also, we had our ceremony in the Greenmanville Church, the beautiful chapel on the Mystic Seaport grounds. It’s less than a 2 minute walk away from the River Room, and our guests LOVED the convenience of being so close! I was having difficulty finding a church that wasn’t already booked too since I was planning the wedding just 8 months out. By booking the River Room at Latitude 41 though, you have exclusive use of the chapel right there (for a reasonable fee), and Jenna was also able to recommend the best independent Catholic priest to perform our ceremony (Father Shawn Smith http://www.mysaintjoes.org/?page=staff). They were also doing some construction near the church (which I was aware of when I booked everything) and Jenna made sure that the construction was completed ahead of schedule so it looked beautiful! THE FOOD AND VALUE Initially I thought that Latitude was going to be too expensive with our modest budget, but I found that by having a daytime or off season wedding it’s actually affordable. The minimums are low during those times, and the venue doesn’t charge you a horrible venue fee (like $5,000 just to walk in the door). Instead at Latitude, you pay for what you eat and drink. That’s it. So if you’re on a budget you can work with your menu selections, drink options, and number of guests to make it affordable. And, what you get for the money is AMAZING! Our guest were raving about the food! By keeping our guest list down we were able to go with top shelf food and drink; filet mignon, ahi tuna, Thai glazed salmon! It was all SO GOOD, and I had more than one guest tell me it was the best food they’ve ever had a wedding. THE VIEW AND SPACE Lastly, I loved the event space. The River room is very charming, and the setup is perfectly linear; the dance floor, leads right into the seating area, and that leads to the gorgeous tented patio (with a 2nd bar), which is right by the lawn, which boarders the river. It’s a straight line to all the spaces which meant that anytime during the reception you can see and spend time with all your guests as opposed to having to go room to room. With the River Room you also have use of all the spaces the whole time which enabled our guest to move freely between the patio and the dance floor… to stroll by the river or go play the lawn games, or to go to the photo booth we set up overlooking the river. They had free reign of the whole space which led to a very relaxed atmosphere that people really enjoyed. I HIGHLY recommend Latitude 41 and can’t thank Jenna enough for making our special day better than I could have ever hoped!

Our Dream Wedding Come True

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Melissa B

I can’t say enough good things about Coastal Gourmet…highly recommend them! From day one we felt confident in our choice to work with Coastal Gourmet. They truly have got this wedding business down to a science. I had the pleasure of working with Jenna Landon over at Latitude... Read More 41 Restaurant and Tavern. My husband and I have nothing but praises for the staff and how the entire process went, from the day we signed a contract to the very last dance on our wedding night…it was perfect. Jenna always answered my emails even though I sent a ton. With having to plan a wedding from San Diego, trust me I sent a ton. She was extremely helpful and understanding and I always felt like things were taken care of. We had a ton of last minute changes with a lower guest count and had to figure out how to make it work. I was so nervous things were going to be a mess and she made it a breeze and turned my stress into excitement! We dropped off all of our decorations, gave her a quick idea of what we wanted and boom…my dream wedding appeared! I don’t know how she does it but she is fantastic! CJ, my bridal attendant, was also amazing. She was nice enough to bring over a plate of appetizers for myself and my groom and made sure we at them! It was nice to have someone constantly looking out for us and our family the whole night. I couldn’t quite comprehend what a bridal attendant would do, but now I can’t picture the day without her! The food…my goodness the food was so good!!!! Our guests raved about every detail and particularly enjoyed their filet dishes. The raw bar was a huge hit as well. I actually had a guest come up to me and tell me that they had gone to a big fancy wedding in Manhattan the night before and that our wedding “kicked its butt.” Cozy, coastal, romantic, and fun!!! Coastal gourmet and Latitude 41 delivered! Thank you all so much.

Reviewed on 3/19/2017 Katie J

We had our wedding reception in the River Room at Latitude 41 on Mystic Seaport on March 11, 2017, and our event planner was the fabulous Jenna Landon. And can I just start by saying that it was The Perfect wedding reception. It was such a wonderful, magical evening that could... Read More only be described as absolute perfection. I was honestly speechless when I walked into the River Room for the first time. Jenna took our vision and brought it to life, even more beautiful and wonderful than we could have ever imagined. We still are in awe of how perfect everything was. Every little detail was so thought out. From the gorgeous decor, to the impeccable service, to the delicious food. My dad still insists that was the best steak he has ever had in his life (cracked pepper and rosemary crusted filet). Similar compliments were echoed by many guests. Jenna took all of our silly requests, like an outdoor seating area in the winter, a coat attendant, and specific liquors for the bar, and just made it happen. She also helped us find all of our other talented vendors. Aside from how beautiful it was, the evening went off without a hitch. It flowed absolutely perfectly. Literally nothing went wrong the entire day into the night, aside from the freezing cold weather which was obviously out of their control haha. My husband and I could not be more happy and more grateful. It made me so happy when I arrived at the venue and Jenna came up to me with a huge smile on her face and said, "Well do you want to see the room?" She just looked so happy and anxious to show me, and I appreciate her excitement and passion. She is so talented and good at what she does. She made perfection, and we can never thank her enough. Working with Jenna, Coastal Gourmet, and Latitude was such a easy and pleasurable experience. They were all extremely professional, attentive, and easy to get a hold of with questions or concerns. I wish we could do it again year after year. Epic evening and epic party.

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Sara T

We couldn't have been happier with our choice to use Coastal Gourmet for our big day! Our wedding was this past October 28th and Jenna Landon was our coordinator. Jenna went above and beyond, and made me feel like no question/request was too small. We chose the River Room in... Read More Latitude 41, which made for the perfect setting on our special day. The room was warm and intimate, and we used the bistro lighting and uplighting provided by our dj. Almost every single guest commented to either my husband or myself how amazing the food was and from many "best wedding food ever". Most importantly, working with Coastal Gourmet/Jenna Landon/Latitude 41 allowed me to relax and not stress about that part of my day because I had read reviews previously, and they were true. This group is amazing! Love Dan and Sara Sewell!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Leann F

We absolutely loved river room at latitude 41. Everything from start to finish was very easy even living a few states away. Jenna was our planner and was amazing. She was always on top of things and very quick to respond back to us. The food was amazing, the service was... Read More exceptional. Certain things were a bit pricey- for example, the ceremony cost for the lawn. Also hidden costs like chair upgrades (their regular chairs were gross). But other than that we would highly recommend to anyone!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Hunter B

Alyson and the entire group at Coastal Gourmet did an outstanding job with out wedding. We were married on the North Lawn and held our reception there as well. From beginning to end Alyson was there to answer any and all questions we had, and had a plan for everything before we... Read More had even thought of it. The food and drinks were both wonderful as well. Coastal Gourmet partners with Creative Cakes by Donna; an excellent choice as well. Our cake was fantastic. I cant say enough good things about Coastal Gourmet and Latitude 41. The setting is so picturesque and their service will make your wedding day the best day of your life!

Reviewed on 9/17/2016 Emily E

Jenna and the Coastal Gourmet team did a phenomenal job with our wedding!!! We were so thrilled with Jenna's diligence to make our vision come to life and she consistently went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect. We were so lucky to have her part of the... Read More wedding. As a caterer, Coastal Gourmet is top notch, having previously attended one of their weddings. The food was amazing, people are still commenting on how good everything tasted, cooked to perfection, and exactly as we wanted. The Boatshed at Mystic Seaport provided the perfect idyllic setting and evening could not have been better because of Jenna and the Coastal Gourmet team. The caterers are highly professional, dressed as we desired, courteous and respectful. Bartenders poured a great mixed drink, were knowledgeable and worked quickly to minimize any rush at the bar. CJ, the bridal assistant was an invaluable part of the team and kept me moving, helped me get ready, bustled my dress, kept me and the wedding party hydrated and fed during photos and kept the process moving so we could enjoy the great night celebrating. Thank you so much to the whole Coastal Gourmet team that made our wedding so great. We highly recommend anyone in need of a team that goes above and beyond catering needs to consider Jenna and her team. Anthony and Emily (8/27/16 - The Boatshed at Mystic Seaport)

Reviewed on 9/09/2016 Caroline K

Amazing venue. Beautiful views , amazing food , friendly and attentive staff. Our wedding couldn't have been better. We have received nothing but wonderful compliments from our wedding. The food was great , the staff , everything about it was so put together!!!

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Olivia A

Our wedding at Latitude 41 was more perfect than we even could have imagined! We immediately knew we loved the venue and from the day we signed the contract to the day of our wedding, the process was low stress thanks to our wedding coordinator, Jenna Landon. She was so... Read More organized, attentive, and ready to give us real advice. I felt so at ease knowing she was working so hard, and thanks to her, it was a perfect day. Food, decorations, and ceremony space were gorgeous. So many guests commented on how special our day was and how wonderful the staff was. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Allison W

Mystic Seaport is a beautiful place to get married! We had our ceremony outside next to the river on a gorgeous day and it was more than I could have hoped for. Kim Aubin and Coastal Gourmet provided us with an amazing wedding. Kim was great about getting back to me with... Read More information quickly and made the whole process so simple. The food was excellent and everything ran smoothly the whole night. Our only small complaint was that it was very hot and the air conditioning had not been on the day before, so it never really cooled down enough inside the reception room. You will not be disappointed with this venue and catering company.!

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Keren C

We got married at Mystic Seaport this June and could not be happier. We had our ceremony on the North Lawn and reception in the River Room. There are a few location options on site but we loved our choice because it was a great indoor/outdoor flow. Cocktail hour was held on the... Read More patio and after dinner guests were able to grab some fresh air on the patio as well. We were lucky enough to have a beautiful day, and let's face it, everybody is happy on their wedding day, but our day could NOT have been better. Our coordinator, Jenna Landon, was awesome since they day we booked the venue. She was always professional, organized and attentive. I admittedly wasn't the most organized bride during the planning process but she was always patient and had a great attitude during the whole process. They offered a lot of flexibility with the menus, general setup and extras. You really can't go wrong with menu options because the chef and restaurant our totally on point. I'm a vegetarian and Jenna was quick to point out if their were any meal items that I should look out for. As everyone told us, your wedding night will fly by but you won't want to miss out on your dinner. We still regret not wrapping up a few of the risotto cakes for later in the night! Also, "wedding food" is commonly sub-par or what I like to refer to as "banquety" but our guests are literally still raving about the food. We took our photos throughout the seaport grounds prior to the ceremony and our bridal attendant, MJ, was so great at keeping up with our wild wedding party. She was also very helpful at the end of the night when we had to pack up all our decor. One thing I'll note, is be sure to have a few members of the wedding party stay behind after the last dance to gather all the centerpieces and decor. To sum it up, it was awesome and you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Emilie W

Every aspect of our experience with Coastal Gourmet was fantastic - our wedding coordinator (Allison) helped us through every step of the process and was a great resource. The venue itself was amazing, with both the outside lawn and the room itself providing a fantastic... Read More atmosphere. The food was amazingly good, from the appetizers to the main course. We cannot recommend them highly enough!

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Staci D

I can truly say my husband and I had the wedding of our dreams in the River Room at Latitude 41! We would not change a thing! The staff is friendly, accommodating, and a pleasure to work with. Alyson, our wedding coordinator, made this new and scary process exciting and easy!... Read More She was easily accessible and timely in her responses. We could not have paid to have the beautiful sunset over the water, gorgeous! The lawn allowed our guests to enjoy cocktail hour by the water and take a breather from the dance floor throughout the night. The venue is clean and unique giving our wedding the laid back, rustic feel we wanted. We would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Bianca G

We were so blessed to have been able to have our wedding at Latitude. Alyson was amazing. She responded incredibly quickly to our emails and our concerns. She worked our coordinator flawlessly. The food was amazing and the venue is just beautiful. Everyone loved the food and was... Read More kvelling over the venue. Alyson was prepared with a rain contingency (which we ended up needing). They made everything work. The bridal attendant was incredibly sweet and attentive. We felt right at home.

Reviewed on 6/21/2016 Stephanie A

We got married at the Boat Shed at Mystic Seaport and the event was catered by Coastal Gourmet. Not only was the scenery in itself stunning, the service and help we got was impeccable. Our bridal attendant, Abby was so attentive, sweet and professional. Everything about the... Read More day was perfect and literally stress free! I would recommend this venue and catering company to ANYONE.

Latitude 41-Coastmal Gourmet Review

Reviewed on 11/14/2015 Laura R

Coastal Gourmet was a wonderful company to work with. Our reception was beautiful and Jenna (our coordinator) thought of everything and made the process so easy for us. The staff was great throughout the entire reception!

Coastal Gourmet and Jenna Landon!!

Reviewed on 11/02/2015

My husband and I couldn't be happier with choosing Coastal Gourmet . Jenna our contact was amazing, she was professional and helped my husband and I so much with the planning process. Jenna on the day of the wedding, had back up plans and keep us on a timeline even with the... Read More rainy weather not cooperating in our outdoor ceremony. All my wedding guests were so impressed with the apps, wedding meal and late night snacks. They also enjoyed the cake, all provided by Coastal Gourmet. We couldn't have chosen a better vendor for our catering needs for our wedding! I would highly recommend Coastal Gourmet, and ask for Jenna!

More than just a caterer!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

We worked with Jenna Landon at Coastal and I honestly don't know what we would have done without her. She helped us with every step of the process and planning of every aspect of our wedding. She was so much more than just a caterer! Because of her and her team our wedding... Read More turned out to be everything we ever dreamed of and more. Coastal coordinates with your other vendors, sets up all the decorations for you, gives you an attendant who waits on you hand and foot the day of your wedding, cleans and packs up all your decorations so you can just get in the car and go after the wedding, and helps structure the day of. The staff are very professional and wonderful. The menu was created perfectly to suit our tastes and guests raved about the food! I cannot say enough amazing things about our experience with Coastal and Jenna.

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Katie M

Our experience with Coastal Gourmet Catering was phenomenal! Our wedding was in August with the ceremony taking place on the North Lawn of the Mystic Seaport and reception following in the River Room of Latitude 41. Our venue coordination, Alyson Clark, made the planning process... Read More very easy. Every step of the way was well defined and she was on top of it all! From planning to execution, our day was everything we could have hoped for and more. Our guests were very impressed with the locale of the venue itself, the cuisine, and the fluidity of the event in general. Our bridal attendant, Elvia, was a blessing as she catered to me and my husband's every need, ensuring we were hydrated, comfortable and everything in between. We would highly recommend Coastal Gourmet at Mystic Seaport for your upcoming nuptials!

Perfect

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Megan B

My wedding at Latitude 41 and the Mystic Seaport was perfect. The entire planning process was manageable even doing it all over 2,000 miles away! Jenna, our wedding coordinator at Latitude 41 was amazing, along with all the staff working there. You plan for so long and put so... Read More much effort and time into one day I just wanted everything to be flawless and it was.

Our best day ever!

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Meg D

The best day ever is how I describe our wedding day. Wedding planning was made easy with the help of our own event manager that was assigned to us. She guided us through the process and attended to every detail and wish that we could have dreamed of. We were made to feel like we... Read More were hosting THE most important wedding of the year ( even though I know they have many to plan for!) Our bridal attendant even entertained my infant nephew during photos the day of the wedding. I could not recommend this venue more!

Beautiful Venue, Great Food and Service

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Jinny N

My husband and I had our wedding at Mystic Seaport based on a co-worker's recommendation. We had our ceremony outside on the North Lawn and the reception inside the River Room (Latitude 41). The river view was a beautiful back drop for the ceremony and we didn't need to spend... Read More a lot on floral decorations. The staff did a great job helping out my florist with the centerpieces and decor. I had an attendant (Sunny) on the day of my wedding who was very accommodating and went above and beyond her job. I also had an on-site coordinator who was my point of contact for the venue. Jenna did an amazing job. She was very organized and reliable, which took some of the stress off esp on the big day. She was able to work with our budget and was very responsive to our emails. We received many compliments from our guests regarding the venue and food. The venue and staff helped made our wedding an even more special day. We highly recommend this place!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015

My partner and I were married on the North Lawn at Latitude 41, overlooking the beautiful Mystic River. We knew immediately that we loved the setting but ultimately what made us chose Latitude 41 was their connection with Coastal Gourmet and their staff. My husband and I were... Read More planning our wedding from Australia, the distance and time difference made e-mail our main form of communication. Our coordinator, Alyson, was quick to return our e-mails and never showed signs of frustration with their length or frequency. We highly recommend Latitude 41!

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Chris J

What can I say - it was perfect! The setting and the staff were fantastic. It was all inclusive, and really easy for us to focus on our own special touches instead of fussing with the general logistics. My only complaint is that it was over way too soon!