Cake Designs that Look Fabulous & Taste Delicious

Coco Paloma Desserts' mouth-watering, visually sublime cakes are the cure for wedding cake amnesia. Whether your tastes run traditional or ultra-modern, we can create a unique and memorable cake for your big day. We specialize in custom-designed cakes for all couples.

Dietary Options

D692bc15 0755 426d 96a9 fb6ea89c4786~rs 100
Ca2ef7db d224 45ed bee8 1903676b6ed4~rs 100

8711 Burnet Rd, Austin, TX (512) 419-1582

Reviewed on 11/26/2017 Lauren C

I found Coco Paloma Desserts while looking for an Austin area cake baker for our wedding (we live in Houston). My now husband and I are foodies who love good dessert, so we knew were going to be most discerning about the cake and filling flavors/taste rather than overall... Read More appearance (we knew we wanted a naked cake). It just so happens that when we found Paloma, we managed to find a cake baker who not only knows how to make amazing cake, but is a true artist to boot. Paloma was the first cake baker that we did a tasting with. We had paid a little extra to taste a whole bunch of cake because we just couldn’t decide on what we wanted and everything sounded so good! We sampled 8 different cake flavors along with 7 fillings and knew from the first bite of Valrhona Chocolate cake that we had found our cake baker! In addition to the wedding cake, we also knew we wanted to do some kind of gluten free cake on the side (my maid of honor is allergic, while my 3 other bridesmaids are sensitive), as well as macarons. Worth noting – I was really impressed with Paloma’s macaron knowledge (I’m half French and a bit macaron obsessed), and appreciated how her eyes lit up as we discussed different macaron bakers and recipes. After the tasting (and actually, taking the cake and filling samples home because we still weren’t sure sure what to choose as everything was so good), we settled on 3 flavors for our main 4-tier cake – Valrhona Chocolate cake with Nutella buttercream, Red Velvet with Cream Cheese, and Earl Grey cake with Mascarpone Buttercream. Additionally, we ordered 2 macaron flavors, Raspberry and Lemon Lavender. For the gluten free cake – we opted for the gluten free Valrhona Chocolate Cake with Espresso buttercream…and here is where the artistry comes in. We really had no thoughts on this additional cake, but as I was perusing Paloma’s Instagram, my jaw dropped when I laid eyes upon an A&M ring cake. My husband is a very devoted Aggie graduate, and happens to really like his ring. For me – it was a gorgeous gold, which was one of our wedding colors, so it ticked that box for me (and it was stunning). I managed to keep the groom's cake as a secret and my husband was so excited when he saw it on our wedding day (as were his Aggie relatives, friends, and well – even our non-Aggie friends and relatives)! The added bonus was that the gluten free cake was so delicious and so moist, no one even knew it was gluten free. It was INCREDIBLE! Last, but not least, I decided about a month before the wedding that I really wanted to have some watercolor inspired sugar cookies as favors for our guests, because the Aggie ring cake wasn’t labor intensive enough or anything like that ;). Thankfully, Paloma was game and designed some really beautiful cookies for us. They also were the really soft delicious kind of sugar cookies, which my husband and I both really enjoy. In short, Paloma blew it out of the park with our wedding – 2 gorgeous cakes (one gluten free), beautiful and tasty macarons and watercolor cookies (both with gold touches). Paloma was truly delightful to work with, and we felt like we got so much deliciousness for what we paid. Thank you so much Paloma! We will definitely be coming back for more :).

2017-11-27T20:15:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you for this amazing review! I'm so happy to hear everything was a hit with you and your guests!

Reviewed on 12/05/2017 Geno G

Coco Paloma Cakes did a fantastic job for our wedding. We got both our wedding cake and grooms cake from them and both showed up on time and still looked and tasted great at serving time. Paloma was very professional and easy to work with. We came for our first tasting and she... Read More was very patient while we tried all combinations of the cakes/frostings we had selected, and made great suggestions on pairings that go well together. Further, after we second guessed ourselves, she provided more samples so we could be sure of our decision. All in all a great experience, and we are looking forward to our 1 year anniversary when we go to pick up the little cake she provides so we don’t have to eat 1 year old freezer cake. We highly recommend Coco Paloma Cakes.

2017-12-06T11:02:40 Response from the vendor

Thanks for taking the time to leave this glowing review! Yes, the fresh anniversary cake is the best!!

Delicious and elegant gluten-free and non-gluten-free cakes

Reviewed on 1/24/2016 Nicholas R

One of the most memorable parts of my brother's wedding 6 years ago was the INCREDIBLE pair of cakes made by Coco Paloma Desserts, so when we started planning our 111-person two-groom January wedding, we already knew who we wanted for our cakes. In addition to the cakes being so... Read More delicious that we couldn't stop thinking about them 6 years later, we knew we knew Paloma offered gluten-free cakes, which was essential for us because two of our guests have celiac disease. Paloma designed two cakes for us that were stunning to look at, with her signature handmade sugar flowers (in our case, leaves and berries and twigs for our winter theme), and extraordinary to eat: a gluten-free chocolate cake with chocolate ganache and fresh strawberries; and a non-gluten-free combination of lemon and strawberry cakes with lemon curd, strawberry buttercream, and fresh strawberries. Both cakes were a complete success, and both were gone by the end of the weekend. Our GF guests couldn't have been happier, and no one else even realized the chocolate was GF. On top of all, we didn't have to freeze anything, since Paloma offers a complementary one-year anniversary cake. In the meantime, we're thinking about all the birthday parties this year that will need an awesome cake. But we'll remember our INCREDIBLE wedding cakes for the rest of our lives, and we hope that all the other weddings we go to from now on have Paloma's cakes because they're all we can think about anymore.

2016-01-25T09:48:38 Response from the vendor

Thank so much for the glowing review! It was a pleasure working with you both!

Reviewed on 12/04/2017 Elana S

Paloma and her team did an amazing job on our wedding cake! We showed her our vision and she completely met our expectations, the cake was perfect. I am a local wedding cake designer as well, and it was an easy decision to pick Paloma to do our wedding cake. I made my own... Read More sugar flowers and she placed them on our cake perfectly! Thank you so much Paloma for everything!

2017-12-06T11:02:07 Response from the vendor

Thanks for leaving this glowing review! It means a lot coming from a fellow cake designer!

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Brittany B

Paloma is wonderful, made a beautiful cake for our wedding exactly how I wanted it and very helpful and responsive whenever I wanted to make changes or had questions. Everyone commented on how delicious the cake was.

2017-12-06T11:01:40 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to leave this lovely review!

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Adam R

Paloma was wonderful to work with. Her cake was a hit at the wedding. Paloma did a wonderful job helping us select flavors and designs. The cakes are some of the best I have ever had at a wedding. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a baker for any occasion.

2017-11-17T09:10:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words! I'm happy to hear everyone loved your cakes!

Reviewed on 5/01/2017 Rachel J

Amazing cupcakes with such fun flavors! We really enjoyed our wedding cake and they turned out beautifully!

Reviewed on 3/18/2017 Andrea A

Paloma is truly an artist! She made our wedding and groom's cake, and BOTH were phenomenal! They not only looked AMAZING but they were delicious! My wedding cake was gorgeous and our guests were in awe of the beautiful sugar flowers and how detailed they were. Now the groom's... Read More cake was another story, people are STILL talking about this one. It was a Millennium Falcon!! Han Solo would have wanted to fly this himself it was so realistic and detailed!! I am normally not a big fan of fondant, but Paloma has changed my mind, hers is phenomenal! I would recommend Coco Paloma to any couple looking for a beautiful wedding cake! You will not be disappointed!!

Reviewed on 2/23/2017 Jennifer R

Paloma did our wedding cakes, and boy, did she get rave reviews! Two reasons why you should consider Coco Paloma: the chocolate peanut butter caramel cake and her ability to take direction and run with it creatively. We gave her a pretty challenging cake - a replica of a 1985... Read More baseball video game. It's an older game so it's pixelated and kind of odd looking to transform into a cake, but she nailed it! And on top of that, our guests could not stop talking about that chocolate cake all night. Definitely meet with Paloma for your next cake or other dessert needs!

Reviewed on 1/12/2017 Kendall H

We were so happy with our cake! My husband and I had a river-themed wedding since that is where he proposed and we both enjoy the beautiful rivers here in central Texas. I came to Paloma with no real vision and she listened and helped form a beautiful, creative, yet fun, river... Read More cake. I didn't want a tacky groom's cake, but I also didn't want an extravagant wedding cake. She met us right in the middle. We loved it! Paloma was timely, professional, and great to work with. She delivered an awesome and delicious cake! Thank you :)

2017-01-13T11:53:21 Response from the vendor

I'm so happy to hear you and your guests loved the cake! Best wishes!

Reviewed on 1/10/2017 Lander P

The most beautiful and delicious wedding cakes ever. I highly recommend Paloma and her team!

2017-01-13T11:53:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words! Best wishes!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Kellie M

Paloma made our wedding cake in August. The cake was absolutely beautiful with gorgeous, homemade flowers. She was very accommodating in my dietary restrictions and went above and beyond to try out new recipes. The end result was the most delicious cake I have ever tasted. We... Read More are counting down the days till we can get our anniversary cake!

2016-10-26T13:42:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words! I'm happy to hear you loved the cake!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Michelle H

After our previous bakery had to cancel our order due to health issues, Paloma quickly saved the day! Just two months before our wedding we were able to reorder everything and the entire dessert table set up was not only beautiful but so delicious. We ate cake for breakfast the... Read More next day :)

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Nancy J

Paloma of Coco Paloma created a beautiful vision of a delectable wedding cake! We were so pleased with the results of her artistic and culinary talents. The cake was exquisitely designed, the delicate sugar flowers arranged in small cascades on the 4 tiered cake with lovely... Read More stenciling and piping. An added plus was that Paloma was able to fulfill the bride's request for a gluten free cake. It was delicious! Thank you, Paloma, for creating a wedding cake of our dreams!

Reviewed on 5/31/2016 Lauren S

Coco Paloma was wonderful from beginning to last bite. Her communication and tasting facilitation made this process so easy. Her cakes are magnificent as well. Our cake and cup cakes were beautiful to the eye and tasted great! People were raving about them after our... Read More wedding. She is the only baker we'll use in Austin.

Reviewed on 5/26/2016 Kym H

Paloma did an amazing job bringing our dream cakes to reality! We brought in a few photos of cakes we liked and she created masterpieces for us! Not only were they beautiful, but they tasted delicious. Our wedding cake was a white cake with almond icing and fresh strawberries... Read More and our grooms cake was pumpkin with cream cheese icing. Our guests went nuts over both! I would highly recommend Coco Paloma Desserts!

2016-05-26T16:34:32 Response from the vendor

I'm so glad to hear that not only did you love the designs, but that you and your guests enjoyed eating the cakes, too! Best wishes, Paloma

Reviewed on 4/05/2016 Mary M

Coco did our wedding cake and cupcakes for our March wedding. We did a white cake with layers of almond and strawberry buttercream. We each also had bride/groom cupcakes! At our tasting, I told Coco that I am a huge Harry Potter fan, so she created some adorable HP themed... Read More cupcakes for me, and some artist inspired cupcakes for my husband. We received so many compliments on the cake and cupcakes! Coco was easy to communicate with, which is great because I planned my wedding out of state. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 4/03/2016 Eva S

I cannot thank Paloma enough for the beautiful cake she made for our wedding. I went to couple places shopping for wedding cake and she was the only one who was so professional. She took the time to listen to me because I didn't have much knowledge and she gave me her best... Read More advise. I was stunned by how beautiful the cake looked in person. I am so glad I went with them. If anyone is considering Coco Paloma, I highly recommend them to go with Coco Paloma.

2016-04-04T11:28:29 Response from the vendor

I'm so happy to hear you loved the cake and that we made the process easier for you!

Reviewed on 4/02/2016 Margot M

We were thrilled to find Paloma as we needed gluten-free cake for my celiac groom. Her cakes are stunners; her sugar flower work is really incredible. She definitely nailed the aesthetic we were going for, and folks raved about the chocolate cake.

2016-04-04T11:27:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the glowing review! I'm so happy to hear everyone enjoyed the cakes!

Reviewed on 3/20/2016 Megan R

We absolutely loved working with Paloma! She is incredibly talented and goes above and beyond to make sure her customers are pleased. She made both our wedding cake and groom’s cake and we truly could not have been happier with both. The hardest part was picking our flavors... Read More because we loved so many of them! We considered many bakeries when planning our wedding but were looking for something very specific – an awesome Star Wars groom’s cake. We truly think she is the BEST! We looked at about a million options online and the Millennium Falcon cake she made us was so much better than anything we had seen or even imagined. The amount of time and detail she put into it was incredible. Before we had a chance to make it to our cake table to see it for ourselves we had heard about it from about a dozen people, it was the talk of the wedding. We highly recommend Coco Paloma and look forward to enjoying more of her tasty cake on our anniversary! Thank you Paloma!

2016-03-22T11:14:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words! It was such a pleasure working with you two. Congratulations!

Reviewed on 3/14/2016 Jennifer G

Having a wedding in Austin and living 5 hours away I had to base my options on Theknot reviews. I contacted Paloma because she had great reviews and she had pictures of wedding cakes that were similar to the wedding cake I wanted. Paloma was quick to respond and very... Read More professional. I traveled to Austin in the summer and booked a wedding cake tasting with one of my bridesmaids. The cake tasting was delicious! I booked her for my wedding shortly after. I sent Paloma pictures of how I wanted my cake and she designed my cake perfectly. All my guests raved about how delicious and beautiful my cake was that night. I highly recommend Coco Paloma Desserts! Jennifer Martinez Wedding Date: 2/27/2016

2016-03-14T17:40:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you! I'm so happy to hear that you and your guests loved the cake!

Reviewed on 3/10/2016 Colleen M

Paloma did an amazing job on our wedding cakes! She was always very easy to work with and was very reasonably priced. Her gluten free chocolate cake is so delicious, if you need a gf option like we did. I wasn't worried at all about things going smoothly the day of because... Read More Paloma would take care of it. Also, her pricing includes a free cake on your one-year anniversary so you don't have to freeze the top layer of your cake. Please check her out, you will not be disappointed!

2016-03-10T20:39:13 Response from the vendor

Thank you! I'm so happy you and your guests enjoyed the cakes. Yes, don't forget about your 1st year anniversary tier!

Reviewed on 11/04/2015

If you are planning your dream wedding and are on a budget, then Coco Paloma is the one for you! She let us name our price, and then truly worked with us to get the cake of our dreams. It was a truly beautiful cake, and it was so delicious! She did an excellent job capturing... Read More what I had in mind for the wedding. The only thing is that the flowers on the cake were not the right shade. It was very close, but not what we agreed upon when I signed the contact. Other than that, working with Paloma was easy. Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 10/08/2015

Our wedding cake was beyond stunning; it was probably my favorite element of our wedding. I was so excited about our wedding cake and Paloma knocked it out of the park. Paloma was sweet, helpful and highly responsive. She made special arrangements to deliver our cake to... Read More Houston; I knew right away I wanted her to make our cake and she made it happen! Our cake was not only beautiful, but it was so delicious! We chose dark chocolate/espresso and lavender/almond. So many compliments from our guests. The worst part is when they had to cut up the cake!

Delicious and Stunning

Reviewed on 4/26/2015

Coco Paloma did our bride's cake and groom's cake. Both looked amazing. The groom's cake was a guitar amp, and they got all the details right. None of our guests could believe it was a cake! Plus, the salted caramel ganache cake inside was decadently scrumptious. The bride cake... Read More was a pastel dream topped with sweet-looking flowers that looked so realistic. The mini desserts they made were tasty too: cheesecake squares, cupcakes, candy bars. Everything was stylish and delicious! You will not be disappointed.