ColleensCakes - Elegant Cakes for Elegant Events.

Colleens Cakes specializes in custom wedding cakes, grooms cakes and celebration cakes. All of our cakes are individually designed for each client and are skillfully and imaginatively brought to life by one truly talented baker, Colleen.

$ – Inexpensive

Dietary Options

Organic

Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

11844 Moorhen Circle, Keller, TX (817) 741-5577

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Ronda L

Look no further, Colleens Cakes are the absolute best! If I could give her a 100 on a scale of 1-5, I would to it! She was delightful from our first email interaction and just as kind, funny and easy to work with when we met her at her home for a cake tasting. We tasted 12-15... Read More cupcakes and ranked them by our favorite to narrow down to FIVE flavors. 4 tiered wedding cake and then a groom's cake with a stunning design... almost like a screen print on a cake. She took a picture and put it on the cake, for real. Our friends and family said it was the best cake they had ever had. Trust me, I've had plenty of cake in my lifetime and Colleens was the only cake tasting we did. Once you try her cakes you will understand why there is no need to go anywhere else. Do yourself a favor, schedule a tasting with Colleen and focus your time on other details. Colleen will handle the rest with perfection.

2017-09-19T15:01:47 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Emily R

Colleens Cakes were AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! From the very first meeting to the actual day, Colleen was extremely friendly and professional! I'm not a huge fan of wedding cake, but Colleens Cakes had the most delicious flavors I have ever had!! I love that she actually takes the time... Read More to get to know you and what you are wanting, and oh my goodness after our first tasting we knew we were done searching for a cake. I had at least 6 people after our wedding asking who made our cake. I can't wait until our 1 year anniversary to eat the remainder of our cake! :) I highly recommend Colleens Cakes for your special day!

2016-10-25T09:02:05 Response from the vendor

Thank you!! I thought your cake was fabulous also!!!

Amazing

Reviewed on 2/06/2015

I love working with Colleen. I went to several cake tasting and left each one thinking that was not good. Then I went to Colleens, on the first bite of the cupcake, I said this is the one. Our wedding cakes were absolutely moist and delicious. We had five different flavors on... Read More the brides cake and two on the grooms. Our favorite was the butter pecan and lemon blackberry, but they were all so good. we had people calling the next day to see if we had any cake left. Colleen is a pleasure to work with from the moment you walk in the door you feel welcomed.

2016-07-01T11:47:01 Response from the vendor

thank you!

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Emily E

If you want everyone at your wedding to be AMAZED with your cake, look no further than Colleens Cakes! First of all, Colleen is the easiest to work with and her cake tasting was one of the highlights of our engagement. Not only do her cakes taste absolutely heavenly, but she can... Read More design them exactly the way you want! If you want one less thing to worry about, go ahead and choose Colleens Cakes as your vendor! She will take great care of you!

2017-07-26T18:50:06 Response from the vendor

Thanks Emily!!

Reviewed on 7/08/2017 Katie M

Colleen made our wedding cake and groom's cake for our wedding on 6/9/17 and it was amazing! Her cakes are the best that I have ever tasted. Not only were our cakes delicious, but she made my wedding cake dreams come true with a gorgeous design that was exactly what I wanted.... Read More Many of our guests have also said it was the best cake they ever had and complimented the design. We are so happy with Colleen's work and will for sure use her in the future for all our cake needs. Thanks Colleen for the wonderful cakes!

2017-07-09T07:51:37 Response from the vendor

Thank you Katie!!

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Jessica M

Colleen was amazing. She gave us exactly what we wanted and it tasted WONDERFUL. She does her tastings out of her home, which I found charming. She bakes a big batch of cupcakes, just for you. Then you get to take the rest home. On the wedding day, she delivers the cakes to the... Read More venue in perfect condition, arranges the cake flowers, and leaves a box of cupcakes for the bride and groom to enjoy after the wedding. She even included a cupcake that I loved that we weren't able to include in our wedding cake. You can do tiers of different flavors, and she has some options that are more unique. Colleen was great to work with, very cheerful and upbeat. Highly recommend.

2017-07-03T08:58:07 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 3/29/2017 Alexandra A

This vendor is absolutely amazing!! She is very flexible with the budget you're looking for, and manages to exceed your expectations! My wedding cake came out deliciously perfect! We got exactly what we wanted and more! I highly recommend her!

2017-03-29T18:14:50 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 2/20/2017 Sabrina P

WOW! Colleen blew us away with her cakes!!! We ordered both our cakes from her and were so happy with our decision. After tastings at multiple locations and everything being just meh, we were overjoyed to find a baker that made delicious and beautiful cakes. Even the... Read More photographers who never eat wedding cake anymore had to try a piece, and loved it! She is so pleasant to work with as well. Would not hesitate to order another cake from Colleen!

2017-02-21T08:04:56 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 2/05/2017 Valerie W

I've been to so many weddings and been disappointed by the wedding cake- they're usually beautiful, but more often than not, also dry and not very flavorful. For our wedding, we wanted to make sure that wasn't the case, and we hit it out of the park with Colleen! Her cakes are... Read More so light and fluffy and SO delicious. We went with White Chocolate Mousse, Key Lime and Chocolate Turtle in my cake, and Red Velvet for my husband's. I think almost every wedding guest has contacted us to tell us how delicious the cakes were, and we're more than happy to pass on Colleen's info to them. Since we were so busy at our reception we didn't get to eat but our tiny bite of cake each, so we've ordered a dozen of each of our flavors to have for ourselves! No shame! :) Colleen is also by far the most affordable baker we spoke with, and she's so easy to work with, I would highly recommend her to anyone in the DFW area!

2017-02-05T11:09:14 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 1/20/2017 Gabrielle M

Colleen is fabulous, friendly, and simply fantastic. I could find other superlatives to use, but I like the theme. I was a bride planning a wedding in grad school and it was a lot for me. I saw pictures of cakes that were very elaborate and over the top, and I didn’t want a lot... Read More of things going on with the cake. Our wedding venue planner told us about Colleen, and we decided to check her out. We went to one lady before and I was appalled by the lack of customer service and enthusiasm. You won’t have to worry about that with Colleen because she truly loves and is passionate about her craft. We arrived at Colleen’s house and she had everything ready for our cake tasting. I can’t even remember how many flavors we tasted, but I am pretty sure it was every single one since there were many cupcakes in front of us. Colleen puts the filling inside the cupcake so you can get the full effect during the tasting. Colleen took down notes, got to know us, and even sent us home with leftovers. We walked out of her house and knew immediately that Colleen was the lady for us. Colleen and I chatted during the rest of the year and up until the wedding to make sure that everything was good to go. However, on the day of the wedding I gave the cake topper to my venue coordinator and didn’t even see Colleen! I walked into the reception and was immediately drawn to the cake. THE CAKE WAS SO BEAUTIFUL! It was exactly what I envisioned and hoped it would be. Simple, elegant, classy, chic. I absolutely loved it and everyone couldn’t stop raving about how great the cake was. I can’t thank Colleen enough for helping make out wedding the best day ever!

2017-01-20T11:35:37 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Stephanie P

Colleen was excellent to work with during our planning period and our cakes looked and tasted better than we ever expected!

2017-01-16T14:49:42 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Caitlyn M

My husband & I were looking for a budget friendly baker who also made great cakes... Colleen exceeded our expectations by far with her work! We were able to get in touch with her easily & set up a cake tasting at her house. We were sold by the first bite of her cakes. What we... Read More loved about her cake tasting was that she actually provides you with cupcake sized samples rather than the 1 bite per person morsels you'd get elsewhere. We were able to go back & try them again to narrow it down. Believe me, it was difficult to narrow it down, as every flavor was absolutely amazing. We ended up going with a three tier cake with three different flavors (key lime, white chocolate mouse, & italian cream cake if anyone is curious). Each one was so delicious. She also made an adorable Captain America shield for the grooms cake (strawberries & cream flavored). Both cakes were visually perfect & flavorfully perfect as well. We, as well as our guests, were not disappointed! It was very nice of her to send us to our hotel with cupcakes of each of our cake flavors, too. She is such a lovely person & very personable. We were so happy to have her as our baker. We've actually already used her for my birthday cake. While the wedding might be over, we have definitely not seen the last of Colleen!

2016-11-18T07:56:12 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Valerie H

Colleen is actual AMAZING. As in literally amazing. My mother and I had completely different views she was able to incorporate something everyone loved and turned out better than I would have ever expected. The FLAVORS!!!!!!! oh my goodness! fantastic! i will be calling her soon... Read More for my daughter's birthday! Colleen is so sweet and truly truly talented. It was the best!

2016-07-18T17:10:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you! I thought your cake was beautiful as well!!

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Alexis U

My husband I and LOVED our wedding cakes. It was absolutely perfect. Our guests went nuts for it. The cakes were also beautiful and exactly what we had asked for. I wish we'd ordered more so I would have had more left over! We will definitely be using Colleen again for... Read More other major events in our lives! My husband and I tried a lot, and I mean A LOT of cakes when trying to select the perfect wedding cake for our recent wedding. (I love cake.) Colleen is the BEST. Save yourself the time and send her an email before trying the rest of those bakeries :). She has been incredibly flexible in working with me and her cakes speak for themselves. Many of the other vendors I had tried didn't seem to really understand my vision or tried to convince me that I wanted something that I knew that I did not. To make things even better, she's reasonably priced and has a FANTASTIC personality. Colleen has been doing this for a long time and I feel comfortable trusting her with this important part of our big day! Call her ASAP :)

2016-07-05T08:10:47 Response from the vendor

You're a sweetie!! Thank you!

Reviewed on 6/29/2016

Tried her cakes at an open house and they were good but I could not get a hold of her. My Fiance and I both called multiple times and left voicemails but never received a phone call back. I finally got in contact with her via email just for her to say - sorry I booked your date... Read More (that was at the time over 4 months away and in the morning - found that a little odd) Then when I asked if she knew of anyone she just said, sorry I only hear of the bad ones. Terrible customer service. Most businesses want clients and referrals but clearly she doesn't care. Would never recommend. Give someone business who actually wants it!

2016-07-01T11:42:38 Response from the vendor

I’m so sorry Kierston Kay Hodges that you feel this way!! You didn’t even get to meet/ talk to me or try all of my fabulous cakes before you hate me! ;0) Unfortunately I do have brides that book a year and more in advance!!... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/15/2016 Paige P

Colleen was awesome to work with! Out of all of the bakeries we met with, Colleen provided the best customer service. She had about 12-15 cupcakes for us to try and sent us home with the leftovers! YUM! So my parents and friends were able to get in on the cake tasting action.... Read More Her cakes were by far the most delicious and the flavors the most unique. She got our vision and our cakes the day of were beautiful! And amazingly delicious!!!

2016-07-01T11:43:08 Response from the vendor

Stop your search!

Reviewed on 9/13/2015 Megan P

I honestly cannot say enough good things about Colleen and her amazing cakes! She not only helped design the most perfect cake, but she had and wide variety of flavors that are all amazing! It's hard to choose! Her prices are definitely fit into my small budget and her bubbly... Read More personality is just a bonus! I would recommend her over and over to any and every bride! I'm not kidding. You will not regret it, I promise!

2015-09-14T09:28:44 Response from the vendor

Metallic Gold Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 6/10/2015

My daughter got exactly what she wanted from Colleens Cakes...a 5 tier gold metallic cake with multicolored flowers beautifully placed on the cake. We chose 5 different flavors of cake for each tier because it was too hard to chose only one. Colleen is so easy to work with & her... Read More enthusiasm for what she will be creating for her client is heart warming! The groom's cake was equally as beautiful and delicious! I don't think I have ever had a better cake than what we had from Colleen! Highly recommend!!!

2015-06-10T16:29:16 Response from the vendor

Thank you Karen! I loved it too!

Fantastic!

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 Hailey T

Colleen was such a joy to work with. She works out of her home by appointment and warmly welcomes you in for the tasting. And the cake-- some of the most delicious flavors I've ever tasted. I have a major sweet tooth and don't waste my time on anything that isn't incredible. I... Read More wanted three things for my wedding: fabulous pictures, a killer dress, and a delicious cake. With all the flavor choices and great customer service, Colleen went above and beyond my hopes.

2014-10-19T09:28:30 Response from the vendor

Colleen's Cakes

Reviewed on 9/21/2014 Megan M

It was a pleasure to work with Colleen. She lets you sample all 15 or so flavors when you visit her. Each flavor is exceptional, but she still allows you to customize flavors. She also includes a free top layer to save for after the wedding or as an anniversary cake. Our guests... Read More absolutely loved it and wanted to try every flavor we got (white chocolate mousse, pink raspberry champagne, lemon blueberry, and chocolate turtle). Not to mention, the cakes turned out beautifully. I would highly recommend her!

2016-07-01T11:43:23 Response from the vendor

Thanks!

A-MAZING!!!

Reviewed on 6/29/2014 Patti P

I can't express enough how much we loved our cake! There was nothing I would change about the taste, cost, or overall experience with Colleen. We received many compliments from our guests on how wonderful the cake tasted. Many of them said it was the best wedding cake they... Read More have ever had! My husband and I would recommend Colleen's Cakes to anyone wanting an amazing, absolutely delicious tasting and beautifully decorated cake. Thank you Colleen!

2014-06-30T16:13:48 Response from the vendor

THANKS PATTI!!!

Best cakes ever!

Reviewed on 4/11/2014 Brittney J

She was great from the cake sampling to our wedding day. She has a lovely work space and is very professional. She baked cupcakes overthink she offered...they were all delicious. My cake was just as I described and had agreed upon and tasted just as I remembered.

2016-07-01T11:43:45 Response from the vendor

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!

Reviewed on 8/29/2013 Katie V

My cake was absolutely beautiful and SO tasty!! Everyone loved it!! She is the sweetest person and so easy to work with!! You don't want to use any one else!!

2013-08-30T15:22:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you!!

The most delicious cake ever!!

Reviewed on 6/30/2013 Ana P

OMG!! My wedding cakes were soooo goood that people repeated, and there was nothing, absolutely nothing left:-)!! I used to think that wedding cakes were the worse part of a wedding, found them always, dry, plain, bland and blah... Then I tried Colleen cakes. These are by far... Read More the best wedding cake I have ever had!! I went to different places for tasting, and they usually give you 4 different flavors to try. When I went to Colleen's she received us with somewhere between 16-20 cake flavors!!! They were all excellent, fresh, with fresh ingredients, just delicious!!! We had really hard time to choose our flavors, because it was a little too much to have a 20 tiers cake;-). Let me say this, I don't like chocolate at all, and this baker somehow made chocolate cakes for the tasting that I truly enjoyed. In addition to that, all the other bakers gave me hard time regarding the design and colors I chose for my cake (tiffany blue and red), saying that the red would bleed on the blue. Colleen was the only one that reassured me my design was doable, and that I had nothing to worry about my red bleeding. Anyways, after we chose her, the thing I was looking forward the most, on my wedding (other than saying I do) was the cake. And my big day came, my cake design was exactly as I requested, and the red stayed exactly where it was supposed to be. And just when I thought that it couldn't be any better, we cut the cake and it tasted even better than I remembered. All flavors were magnificent. People were telling me they have never had a more delicious wedding cake in their lives. In a blink, my cake was gone. Everybody loved it!!

One visit was all it took!

Reviewed on 3/11/2013 Corrie A

Colleen's Cakes was recommended through our venue, so we decided to meet with her for a consult appointment. During our consult, she had prepared for us 12 different individual GOURMET cupcakes of each and every flavor that she offered. Let me just say her cakes are... Read More amazing!!! So during our consult, we literally work out the details for both the bride and groom's cakes, and that was it! Her pricing was great! She was so easy to work with, and she knew exactly what we wanted. Best thing of all...we only met with her once, and then we didn't hear from her again until the wedding day!!! Yes, she was the only vendor that we didn't have to follow up with on a regular basis, and the end results were simply GREAT!!!

2013-03-12T12:21:29 Response from the vendor

Thanks Corrie!! You should not have to hand hold vendors to do their jobs. Thank you for your trust in me!!

Colleen Karsnick

I went to Culinary Arts school right after high school and after I graduated worked in restaurants doing cakes on the side. But my passion for cakes took over and the cake business was booming so no more time for the restaurants!! :0) And now more than 20 years later I still have that passion for cakes!! Come for a consultation if you share my passion!!