Cuisine

American, Indian, Italian, Latin American, Middle Eastern, Fusion

Dietary Options

Vegetarian

Food + Catering

Kitchen- 3871 Sweeten Creek Rd, Asheville, NC Western North Carolina (828) 684-7470

Reviewed on 12/03/2017 savannah b

It was a great pleasure working with Colorful Palate for our wedding reception! The staff was highly organized, very communicative and accommodating, knowledgable, friendly, and executed the menu to perfection. They also helped coordinate with other vendors to keep everyone on... Read More the same page and ensure a seamless evening. We highly recommend working with Colorful Palate for any catered event!

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Allyne G

Going into the wedding planning process we knew three things: 1. it had to feel like "us" 2. open bar is a must 3. good food is non-negotiable. Originally I stumbled upon Colorful Palate because they were a preferred vendor of the wedding venue, which provided a list that we had... Read More to choose from. Browsing through websites, Colorful Palate's was the best and most up to date and seemed to pride themselves on local yummies. I took a chance and booked a tasting with them just crossing my fingers and toes it would work out since I put all my eggs in one basket. BOY did it work out! The tasting experience was the most fun part of the wedding planning process. We were blown away by the quality, flavor, and local influence that Colorful Palate incorporates into their meals. We booked instantly and loved them so much that we booked them for the rehearsal dinner too. For ten months, we looked forward to eating at our wedding and sharing this with our guests because we knew the food was out of this world. After the wedding, our guests are still raving about the food, one even saying she's craved the pimento cheese fritters every day since then! Everyone has declared that it's the best wedding food they've ever had. We know that's the truth, but it's great to hear, especially from a group that's notoriously hard to please. Colorful Palate was really great to work with, especially considering we're an on-the-go couple that's not easy to get a hold of sometimes. I do recommend keeping up with your invoices, though, as we lost track along they way and there was a billing error. Colorful Palate caught the error after we poked a bit and were beyond gracious in how they handled it and went above and beyond to make sure we felt comfortable. It really meant a lot to us that the quality of food was just as great as the quality of service. Everyone asks me what the best part of my wedding was- the ceremony. But if I had to pick anything else, it would be the food 100x over!

Reviewed on 6/01/2016 Meghan C

So good! We had no food leftover after our wedding. The presentation was beautiful and they used accessories that went with the theme of our wedding.

Reviewed on 5/31/2016 Kim H

We had picked Colorful Palate from reviews I had read online and also because they use local and fresh ingredients in their menu and that was important to me in providing the Asheville-experience to our guests. The managers were very helpful in the planning process and very... Read More organized. The helped me with things I didn't even know I needed. On the day of the wedding, the staff were very professional and after dinner, they cleaned up and left without bothering me once, which as a bride, I thought was amazing! The food was so delicious, our guests are still raving about it! They even packed up two extra meals for us to take with us, which was perfect the next night.

Reviewed on 6/17/2015 arica h

Wedding Success! We owe our wedding success to Colorful Palate. We have a very "foodie" family, I knew if we had to get one thing right to impress our guests it would have to be incredible food. Thank goodness we had Colorful Palate to help us out. Our guests still talk about... Read More our food 1 year later. Initially, we had very random menu requests, but Colorful was able to tie them all together into a fun dine-around experience via food stations. All of the stations were unique, exciting, and delicious. I met with Tara, one of the owners, to plan out our dinning experience, but we did so much more than that. She shared her wealth of knowledge about weddings, timelines, and local vendors. Since I didn't have a planner this information was like wedding gold. As a "DIY"er doing all the decorations, one thing that gave me peace of mind was how Colorful Palate decorated the buffets stations. They brought their own wreaths, lace, linens that matched our decorations. The pictures turned out fantastic. I was able to do simpler centerpieces while still having an elegant presentation. On the day of the wedding, the staff was incredible. They took great care of our guests with a real personal approach. Even though we didn't ask, they brought out appetizers and drinks to us while we got our pictures taken. The staff was also very communicative with the other vendors making sure the whole event went smoothly. It's too bad I love my husband so much and that will be my only wedding, because I would totally relive that moment and have Colorful Palate serving up the deliciousness again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 6/17/2015

Colorful Palate did an excellent job of making sure our special day was stress free and everything we could ever want!! The staff provided great services and immaculate food choices, with great taste and appearance! Our wedding attendants have went on and on about how excellent... Read More the food was, even days after our event! My husband and I were very impressed with how clean, organized and helpful everyone at Colorful were! Very quick at answering any questions you may have, responding to any concerns, and working with you to make sure you have the best menu based on your budget! They really went above and beyond to make sure we were completely satisfied with every aspect of their services!!! We wouldn't change a thing about our experience here! Everything was perfect!!

Reviewed on 6/14/2015 Mandy G

Long story short: the food was okay, pricier than some; the staff on site at my wedding were very nice; however, Colorful Palate was very difficult to work with throughout the planning process and MANY instructions were not followed If you want someone to tell you exactly... Read More what to do, then maybe this is a good caterer for you. However, I am very Type A and had specific plans for my wedding. I refused their offer to order the rentals (and they of course charge to do that) and when she was CC'd on the email to make sure we rented all the serving things they needed, she tried to tell me I had the wrong number of plates, that the glasses I chose for my signature cocktail were too large, etc and told the rental place to change it to what she said. Even after I told her they were right and why, she still kept trying to convince me otherwise. This was also the case with other things - we spent ten minutes arguing with her because we wanted cake for the bridal party and our parents and cupcakes for everyone else (she kept saying we couldn't do that) and then after she finally seemed to comply, she sent us an email 2-3 days later talking about it again. She also told us our meat portions were too large and told us "what they should be". We compromised and chose a number in the middle... and then all the guys told us that the portions were too small!!! My then fiance flew all the way from Colorado to taste what we were having at the wedding and then they sent me an email trying to change our tasting to a "phone appointment" and then didn't answer the phone or call me back about it until the next day... talk about panic! And we had to pay for this tasting, yet she didn't prepare the chicken I had requested. And I wasn't comfortable serving it at the wedding without tasting it first because we did not like several of the other things we tasted. At the wedding, the ceremony was late starting and they still didn't have drinks or food ready for cocktail hour when it was over. The bride of the best man had to go and light a fire under them. They were also supposed to serve the appetizers and cocktails to us during pictures and didn't... I didn't even get to taste a single one. They didn't end up using the glasses that my signature cocktail were supposed to be served in (coincidence?) and they didn't follow the cocktail recipe (it was disgusting, they really screwed it up). We also had to pay for 6 people that didn't show up, yet didn't receive their leftover entrees and my mom saw them in boxes in the kitchen with staff names on them. These are just the biggest issues we had - my then fiance got so frustrated with them along the way that he wanted to lose the payments we had already paid and go with the person that did our rehearsal dinner (Lulu's on Main in Sylva - AMAZING) and now I wish we had done so. I would pass if I were you!

Amazing!!!

Reviewed on 11/09/2014 Stephanie S

We got married in western NC on the most beautiful late October weekend. I'll never forget our first meeting with Colorful Palate, and how fun it was to go taste testing! My husband and I were completely blown away by the food and how it was southern/gourmet, creative, and each... Read More item had a personal twist. We ended up hiring Colorful Palate to cater our Rehearsal Dinner, breakfast and lunch on Saturday morning, our Wedding Dinner on Saturday night, and then Sunday morning for our guests. They were able to help us create the most unforgettable and DELICIOUS menu! Not to mention, their presentation was perfect and they worked very well with our wedding planner to understand our vision. They worked closely with our vendors to make sure we had everything we needed. It was superb service. Our guests are still raving over the food! It was delicious (my personal favorite being the maple pecan trout and tomato soup with pimento grilled cheese) ...I had a guest as me to get a copy of the recipes! haha! Everything was fresh and perfect. Not to mention the tasty food, but the entire staff is absolutely a joy to work with. They are professional, kind, creative, talented, and extremely helpful with any request you may have. We are so lucky that we had the chance to work with them! Wish we had more words to describe how amazing this caterer is!

Food-Delicious.

Reviewed on 6/17/2014 Barbara M

I loved our tasting. The food was delicious at the reception. Very professional with contacts, invoices, and follow-ups. They kept the food flowing and the staff was great. I would say my only nit-pick would be that we were supposed to get a to-go bag for my hubby and me for... Read More late night after the reception-and we never received it. But overall -- excellent food and staff. Would recommend to others.

rehersal and wedding catering

Reviewed on 5/28/2014 Lacey M

The food was excellant!! The catering company was very easy to work with and willing to make whatever we wanted on the menu. People are still raving about both the rehersal dinner and wedding dinner.

Awesome and Delicious!

Reviewed on 7/19/2013 Windsor H

These ladies are awesome. If southern gourmet is what you're after, then you've found your gals!

Excellent service, delicious food

Reviewed on 6/10/2013 Nell H

People were raving about the quality and the presentation of the food from hors d'oevres to dessert, beverages to entrees. There was the perfect amount of food, classy presentation and it blended in perfectly with the vibe we were going for. Everything we requested was... Read More followed to a T and the whole night flowed flawlessly with the help of Colorful Palate. All of the staff was truly a pleasure to have around; they seemed truly happy to be there and help. Thank you!

amazing food

Reviewed on 5/01/2013 Mira R

great service and staff

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 11/24/2012 Marissa M

Colorful Palate was absolutely amazing from the planning to the execution of our wedding. Tara, Ragan, and Lacey were wonderful to work with--- they were always on top of things, stayed in frequent communication, facilitated a lot of the orders for our rentals, and even met... Read More with us for a site visit. Most importantly, the food was incredible. They worked with us to craft our own, fall-inspired menu and our friends are still talking about how yummy it was.

Yummy food and superior service!

Reviewed on 11/02/2012 Kristen T

We loved them from the very beginning with our tasting! The food was amazing and they had lots of interesting choices (and were MORE than willing to alter dishes or create whole new ones). At the wedding itself, you couldnt have asked for better service. Some of our... Read More guests said they felt like royalty that day because of Colorful Palate! I was especially happy when, during photos, one of the servers brought the parents/bridal party drinks and food from the cocktail hour so we could have some while it was still warm! And all of the food was AMAZING. Couldnt be happier. :) Thank you Colorful Palate for making the day a success!

perfection

Reviewed on 9/20/2012 Peggy K

While unfortunately I did not get the chance to eat as much of the food as I wanted to, everything was exactly as I asked for it to be, and DELICIOUS!! The staff was awesome and was very friendly and accommodating. The way the food was displayed was beautiful, unique, and... Read More colorful. Perfect for a summer wedding. They were very flexible with me right down to the end with menu changes etc. Would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone would wants delicious, fresh, and beautiful food for an event!

So Easy!!

Reviewed on 7/29/2012 Jennifer M

Everyone I was in contact with from this business was exceptionally kind, professional, and incredibly helpful. I couldn't have pulled off such an amazing day without them! And the food was fabulously delicious - my guests couldn't stop raving about it!

Rave Reviews!

Reviewed on 10/29/2011 Elizabeth F

I don't know who started the rumor that you do not get to eat at your own wedding...because we certainly did. We made sure of it because we were so excited about the menu that Tara and Ragan created for us. We worked with Tara after our initial tasting and she was... Read More accessible, approachable and made great suggestions to help us stay in our budget. Every recommendation Tara made was solid...she even tipped us off to the band that would play our reception and they were phenomenal! Aside from all that ... the food was DELICIOUS. I had to pull the chipotle cheese (and roast beef, pork tenderloin and black eyed pea hummus) from my husbands hands weeks after the wedding and tell him it was probably time to let it go. Of course...the macaroni and cheese didn't even make it home with us because it was so good it was gone!

Caterer

Reviewed on 10/24/2011 Becky B

These guys were great! They did a fabulous job from the tasting to the reception. Very easy to work with and my guests raved about the food. Highly recommend!

Great food, great service

Reviewed on 9/19/2011 Margaux W

The owners and managers of this business are very organized and very easy to access via email. We spent a lot of time finetuning things together, as well as doing multiple tastings. And everyone at the wedding kept saying how delicious the food was! And the beef tenderloin dish... Read More (including asparagus and mashed potatoes) was only $16/plate! Great quality, price, professionalism. Wonderful business!

Delicious & Eclectic

Reviewed on 8/10/2010 Cat K

Colorful Palate does some of the best catering in Asheville. The spread they did for our wedding was not only tasty, it was gorgeous. They came up with a great menu, and with minimal input from us they gave us just want we wanted. They even brought our special-order items up to... Read More the dressing room when we were starving.

Rating for Colorful Palate