Corner Kitchen Catering

Asheville & surrounding areas (up to an hour travel time)

Cool. Comfortable. Classic. Catering.

At Corner Kitchen Catering we provide fresh food, prepared on site as often as possible. We love and live local and seasonal. Our staff provide seamless service, warmth, and nothing but positive energy for your day. Invite Corner Kitchen Catering to your event and take stress off your list!

Cuisine

Southern, American, French, Greek, Italian, Latin American, Mexican, BBQ, Fusion, Seafood, Specialty

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Buffet, Catering Clean Up, Catering Delivery + Setup, Chef Stations, Family Style, Passed Appetizers, Seated Meal, Servers, Food + Catering, Service Staff

Asheville & surrounding areas (up to an hour travel time) (828) 575-2819

Reviewed on 8/13/2016 Lisa B

The food was absolutely fantastic. The day-of food (at a rustic venue 70 miles outside Asheville) tasted exactly the same as what we had at the tasting (coming hot out of CKC's own kitchen). The quality of food was 110% and I highly recommend it. The pre-wedding coordination... Read More services were rough though. They were very friendly and patient with us, which was great. But for such a big business in the Biltmore village, things seemed unusually disorganized. We had a pretty straightforward menu (two entrees, two sides, and some bread) and it took 80+ emails and many phone calls to set it up. Often we would send an email with a simple one line question (like, "do we have to use your bartender or can we use our own?") and receive a 2-3 paragraph response that never directly answered us. When I asked how I could directly contact the catering coordinator, they told me "our phone system is really complicated, you can't call us, we can only call you" - and that was true. Which meant that, after a dropped call during a telephone planning session, we couldn't call them back. So we sent 3 emails over the next few days trying to get in touch, and didn't get a response until a week later with no explanation for the delay. A few other incidents as well, not dealbreakers, but frustrating coming from a service-industry business. Communication is just not their strong suit so you have to be on top of it and read your contract carefully before signing it! We caught at least one error (we asked them to remove the bartender, and they didn't). Also, don't expect their severs to be dressed up. They wore black jeans and black tshirts, with white bar towels slung over their shoulders. Our event was in a rustic setting..but still. But overall - the food was definitely worth it. There was no one else willing to come 70+ miles outside Asheville who could come close to matching the quality of CKC's food. On the day-of, everything went off without a hitch.

2016-12-09T10:04:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate hearing from our guests regardless of what they have to say. It's a great learning opportunity for us. I'm going to attempt to address all your points: Thank you for raving about our food! I am deeply sorry... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/31/2016 julia k

We got married at the Fields of Blackberry Cove in early May and Corner Kitchen Catering catered our wedding. I have always been of the firm opinion that "banquet food" is never going to be amazing and that it is just too hard to cook good food for 145 people. Boy, was I... Read More mistaken! The appetizers and dinner were delicious! We have had many of our guests comment on the quality of the appetizers and dinner. Elizabeth and Rachel were delightful to work with, providing outstanding recommendations. The team was professional and easygoing. The bartender did not get overwhelmed once, which is hard to believe when 145 people want drinks! We recommend Corner Kitchen Catering to any couple looking for delicious food and great service!

Reviewed on 12/01/2015 Christian W

Corner Kitchen Catering was fantastic and undoubtedly made our wedding a success! Rachel was excellent to work with and she took the time to understand our wishes - everything from the type of food we wanted to our budget. We were in touch throughout the entire process to... Read More discuss specifics (dishes, flatware, champagne toast, etc.) and she made recommendations tailored to our wedding. On our big day, it was obvious that the entire team put a lot love and talent into their work! The food was delectable, the servers were pleasant and made their way around to offer appetizers to guests. Corner Kitchen Catering was extremely accommodating and made our big day seamless and special! We would recommend them to anyone looking for a great catering experience! Christian & Rocky, 9/6/15

Wow! They were amazing!

Reviewed on 12/08/2014 Mandy P

I have never hired a professional caterer before for an event this big, so it was a challenge for me in the beginning to sort through and figure out who I wanted to work with. But everyone at Corner Kitchen was so nice to us and then when they were willing to work with our... Read More dietary needs to serve 130 guests, we knew they were the perfect company for us! And on the day of the wedding, they far exceeded my expectations! I cannot tell you how many guests complimented the food, which made me feel so good because the catering is a large portion of the wedding budget and its so important to get good feedback. Also, something that was so important to me- the catering staff was SO friendly! They were there to serve me and my husband anytime we needed anything, and they were just so great. We felt like kings and queens and it was just so unexpected! My husband and I are both wedding photographers and we work with a lot of catering companies that always seem to be stressed out or overwhelmed, but we were blown away with Corner Kitchen. The quality was amazing (to the point where our guests are still complimenting the food a month later) and the staff was a delight to have around! Don't think any longer... book Corner Kitchen for your cater! You won't regret it!

Rehearsal Dinner and Welcome Party Asheville NC

Reviewed on 11/12/2014

Our son and his new bride had a destination wedding in Asheville in September 2014. As parents of the groom we hosted both a Rehearsal Dinner for 45 family and wedding party and a Welcome Party for 125 out-of-town guests the night before the wedding. Corner Kitchen provided... Read More the food for both events and did a superb job for us. The food was beautifully presented and its taste got rave reviews from our guests. Emily and Rachel were so great to work with in planning the menu--they listened to what we were looking for and stayed with it through several iterations before we got it just right. Their servers were most attentive and very courteous throughout the evening. Even if you don't have a need for their catering services, you need to check out either one of there restaurants in Asheville--The Corner Kitchen or Chestnut--for some really creative an fabulous eats!