Cornerstone Photography

Serving Chicagoland area, IL

Beauty. Wonder. Emotion.

Weddings have the amazing power to bring everyone together. Family and friends, new and old, from near and far, all gathered in celebration of you. Cornerstone Photography documents the entire event, so even if the day flies by, you won't forget the time you all shared.

Specialty

A Variety/Blend of Styles

Serving Chicagoland area, IL

SO happy with our photos!

Reviewed on 1/23/2014 Jill J

Cornerstone Photography was excellent. We couldn't have asked for better people to work with. Our photographers Laura and Nicole were amazing on the day of our wedding. A joy to work with, they made everything run smoothly and captured some excellent moments. They were wonderful to work with and our pictures are absolutely beautiful! We were thrilled with how our pictures have turned out. We also had Laura do our Engagement photographs and loved them. I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for great customer service and beautiful pictures!!

Beyond Pleased Bride

Reviewed on 9/09/2013 Cayla L

I could not be more grateful for the service cornerstone photography provided. Mark was easy to work with as far as being quick to respond to emails and flexible in setting up an appointment to meet. He really listened to what we were looking for in a photographer to give us the best match in his staff. We chose to work with Matt and are incredibly pleased with that choice. My husband and I found out just how uncomfortable we are in front of a camera during our engagement session which was held with a non-professional photographer. However, Matt made posing for a camera easy and natural for us. He was great at giving instruction and moving things along quickly to get as many shots as possible in short time periods. Matt has a vision for great photos; you can see the wheels turning as all times as he plans his next approach. He certainly has an excitement for this job! We were able to preview a few images as they were taken, and are very excited to see how all of the pictures turned out.

Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 12/08/2012 Megan E

I feel so blessed to have had Morgan & Paul as our photographers. I did not expect the pictures to be one of my favorite parts from our wedding day but thanks to Cornerstone & Morgan & Paul it definitely was! Having them as our photographers was like having our friends with us all day. They made us feel very comfortable, kept us on schedule without ever making us feel rushed & we haven't even seen all of the pictures yet but I love everything i have seen. If you want to just relax & know your photographers are capturing everything you would have ever wanted, give Morgan &/or Paul a call, you won't be disappointed!

Meh

Reviewed on 10/30/2012 Brett K

Like everything else with our wedding, we did a lot of research and arranged a lot of interviews when it came to our photographer. These images are supposed to last forever, so it's not something you want to mess up. The owner was nice enough to drive up from the Chicago area to meet us in Milwaukee, and we were very impressed with the photos he showed us, especially considering their very reasonable prices. He was very helpful right through the wedding day, as was the photographer we selected. But in the end, I think we got what we paid for. The photos were fine, but there were a LOT of opportunities the photographer missed, and in many of the photos, you couldn't see someone's face, or they were brushing hair out of the way, or there was some other detail that basically made it unusable. We managed to crop our way to a decent number of photos, but I'm not sure we'd use Cornerstone again if we had to do it over.

Great Photographer at a Good Company

Reviewed on 10/10/2012 Ellen R

We LOVED our photographer Ben from Cornerstone. He used to be a photojournalist, which was the style of photos we had wanted. Very natural. He also blended in and never felt like he was all up in our business (if you know what i mean). Cornterstone has one of the more affordable photo packages we had come across too.

Great Photographer!

Reviewed on 10/10/2012 Jamie E

Cornerstone is an amazing photography company! They are fantastic to work with! Our photographer, Laura, was so great during our wedding. She made sure to get all the pictures that we wanted and then some! I know that she was able to capture pretty much every moment of our wedding day! I can't wait to see all the pictures because I know they're going to be great! Laura also did our engagement session and those pictures are absolutely beautiful! I would absolutely recommend Cornerstone Photography!!

Awesome

Reviewed on 7/12/2012 Mary Grace L

Nicole was our photographer and she did an amazaing job- everyone felt comfortable with her around and I was pleased with the photo outcomes.

I love Milli!

Reviewed on 7/03/2012 Lindsay K

I chose Cornerstone Photography for my June 2012 wedding, and could not be happier with my choice. My husband and I met with Mark Humpa months before the wedding to choose our photographer. After looking at all the beautiful albums we went with Millicent Wong. Milli was the perfect choice for us. She met with us at her home prior to the wedding to set up her schedule for the day. She showed up on time the day of the wedding and worked all 12 hours without taking a break. She was very professional, while also being fun and cheerful. Throughout the day she was continually checking in with us to make sure we were getting the photographs we wanted and also was very kind to all the guests and willing to take any pictures they requested. Our photographs turned out amazing. Milli has a great eye for lighting and was able to capture our bridal party in unique ways. We took photos in a bar and on a golf course before the reception, as well as many at the church. I love all of them! Milli was able to take pictures that do not look staged or boring. I could not be happier, and would strongly recommend anyone looking for modern and fun photographs to chose Millicent Wong.

Excellent!

Reviewed on 6/29/2012 jessica a

I couldn't have asked for better photographers. Very professional with an eye for detail. There were photos of things I didn't remember or that I hadn't been there for. The photos were creative and not cookie cutter shots. Very impressed and would highly recommend.

Okay

Reviewed on 5/19/2012 Emily S

I was really excited to use Cornerstone and specifically our photographer. However, it was difficult to get in touch with our photographer before the wedding and I felt the day of she wasn't full of ideas (we shot around the Chicago area and having just moved there, we were depending on her to have some ideas particularly since we had discussed in depth what we wanted). Overall the value was good and we did get some excellent pictures but if I had to do it again, I might have hired a different company.

5/22/2012 Response from the vendor

Photographer's response: On the day of her wedding, her makeup artist was late so she was behind schedule, that cut down on our outside portrait time before the ceremony. I have asked her what time she would like to arrive New Leaf (where her ceremony... Read Less Read More

Couldn't be happier

Reviewed on 5/15/2012 Joni K

We used Nicole for our engagement photos and the wedding. People are still telling us how amazing and dedicated she was....laying in the street to get the perfect shot and stealing us here and there for some cool shots she envisioned are just a few! She also fit in great with our party. We loved the photobooth through Cornerstone too. We're still laughing about the pictures.

Spectacular

Reviewed on 5/03/2012 Rosa C

Cornerstone Photography was great to work with! Laura had done a wedding that I was in and I remembered how fun & professional she was. When my husband & I met with Mark we knew we were in for spectacular service! From the engagement session to the wedding, everything was artistic and beautiful. Their pricing is reasonable & the DVD, cds and photobook make sharing your pictures a breeze. Great Job Laura & Mark! Choose Cornerstone & you won't be disappointed!

Fantastic!

Reviewed on 4/09/2012 Kim S

We used Anthony from Cornerstone Photography and he is amazing! The whole experience was relatively easy; from the initial meeting with Mark to meeting Anthony and working with him. Cornerstone provides the information you need and is available to answer all your questions. And Anthony is creative and energized - I highly recommend!

Simply The BEST!

Reviewed on 12/13/2011 Katie W

Cornerstone Photography made our dreams come true! Knowing that our engagement and wedding photos would be among the things we would treasure most, and will some day show our grandchildren, we dedicated no small amount of time to selecting the exact right photographer for our nuptials. Each and every of their staff with whom we interacted with were not only professional, polite and responsive, but they were also just generally fun to have around for our happy occasion. So much so that my little sister is using them for her wedding in February, and my older sister is using them for her new family photos. I strongly and enthusiastically recommend Cornerstone to anyone who is looking for beautiful and emotionally astute photography, and for an all-around good time. In short, Cornerstone is "the one"!

Great Vendors

Reviewed on 11/16/2011 Jackie F

Cornerstone works by handling all the business for their photographers but the actual photography is handled through each individual photographer. We got to look through all their portfolios and pick the photographers that matched our style. Nicole Blair was amazing... she took our wedding day photos and our trash the dress session. She was extremely personable and produced some amazing photos. We had some issues with communication with the other photog we used through them to photograph the reception but he also produced great pictures. Mark (the business guy behind it all) drove to our neighborhood to meet us at a local coffee shop. He was great too, great communication. Best of all, they give you the digital printing rights for your photos. They are mid-priced and travel all over the Midwest (without travel fees to many cities including Chicago and Milwaukee at the time of this review)

So far so good

Reviewed on 10/02/2011 Christine C

Our photographers John & Elizabeth were wonderful people to work with. Both so very nice and laid back. The owner, Mark, is a very nice person also and the only vendor that didn't make us drive to Chicago for a meeting, he actually met us at a Starbucks in Highland!! This review is a bit early as we have not yet seen our pics but I am sure they will be wonderful!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 9/30/2011 Kristen D

I cannot even begin to explain how happy we were with Cornerstone. Our photographer was wonderful (Luis) and the owner (Mark) was so great to deal with prior to the wedding. Luis was so creative and fun - and kept the boys on task :) Our pictures were up on the website to few the day we got home from our honeymoon. I would highly recommend this company to anyone.

good photographer / bad communication

Reviewed on 8/30/2011 Maggie S

I loved my photographer, Ben, but the company is REALLY not good at comunication. I had a photobooth through the company as well, and the people never contacted me until the day before my wedding because, I had left several panicking messages telling them I never spoke to anyone about when I wanted the photobooth at my wedding, or who was going to be there, etc... I also was supposed to receive a detailed info sheet so my photographer would know more about what shots I wanted/didnt want and they NEVER got it to me, even after I left 7 messages with the company in the two weeks before my wedding. All in all....Ben is a great photographer, but the company REALLY STINKS when it comes to communication

8/31/2011 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your feedback, I do take all comments seriously and appreciate your time. Here is what I am able to show: In June we did email you and update form to your email ending in @u-46.org which is the email address you asked... Read Less Read More

Captured every moment

Reviewed on 8/27/2011 Kim S

My photographer was Laura from Cornerstone Photography. Laura took engagement photos for us as well as did our wedding photography. She was wonderful. She made us feel so comfortbale and knows what looks good in a photograph. During the ceremony and reception she was able to capture all the right moments without being intrusive. I never noticed her yet she caught everything on film. After looking at the photos it almost seems as though she was in multiple places at once because she was able to get so many great angles. My guests commented on how nice she was. I would absolutely recommend this company!

Great photos and video!

Reviewed on 8/22/2011 Gina R

Everything turned out very well and for a great value.

Great price for the quality!

Reviewed on 6/22/2011 Kerriann J

I am a graphic designer, so I was very picky about photographers. I know what I think looks good and I wanted very modern - non traditional photos. I also didn't want to spend a fortune! After meeting with Laura, we picked out Luis as our photographer, and I could not be happier. He was very professional and took great photos. During the ceremony and reception I didn't even notice him, and he got some great candid photos from that! After looking around at so many companies I am sure I could have paid twice as much for the same quality Cornerstone gave us. and we got our photos within a week (digital copies)!

I love my photographer!!!

Reviewed on 6/05/2011 Carly S

Laura Humpa at Cornerstone is AMAZING!!! She did both my engagement pictures and my wedding pictures and they are incredible! I am very happy with both the company and my photographer!!!!

You will live happily ever after

Reviewed on 2/26/2011 Jennifer K

We were so happy with Mark and Marcy from Cornerstone Photography. Mark drove all the way to WI to personally meet with us. He also showed us a variety of styles of photographers and albums so we could choose the style that fit us best. The prices are reasonalbe compared to a lot of other photographers. You get to view your photos in 3-4 weeks. They don't pressure you into buying anything. The quality of work and product that you get for the price is amazing. They are very professional and we are so happy that we choose Cornerstone. We highlly recommend them to complete your happily ever after! Jennifer KahleRacine, WI

2/26/2011 Response from morgan, the member

So great to hear that you found Cornerstone helpful on your wedding day. However, I just wanted to clarify that this comment should be directed to our sister company in the Chicago-land area. :) Congratulations on your marriage!

Beautiful Photographs!!

Reviewed on 11/30/2010 Kaley J

My experience with Cornerstone was so easy! No pressure, well organized....no complaints!! Ingrid was my photographer, she was talented, on time, and never "in the way"....Definately will reccomend to other brides!!

Passionate photographers and great work!

Reviewed on 9/07/2010 Michelle M

I am so glad Cornerstone Photography was recommended to me by a family member. Our photographer, Laura, was so much fun to work with and is very passionate about her work. Friends and family commented on her professionalism as well as her ability to capture many wonderful moments throughout the day.

TO Cornerstone Photography