Book Your Wedding with Cosmopolitan

With a dramatic, angular black-and-white facade and elegant private event rooms inside, Cosmopolitan is the height of New Jersey elegance. This special event facility in Wayne, New Jersey, has space for wedding ceremonies and receptions in a classy, glamorous indoor setting. Cosmopolitan also features some landscaped outdoor areas where you can take beautiful wedding photos with your sweetheart or exchange vows in the fresh air. The indoor portion of the venue offers plenty of stunning contemporary decor to provide a great backdrop for candid wedding reception and ceremony photos. The private event space at Cosmopolitan consists of two distinct ballrooms.

The diamond ballroom. The diamond ballroom is Cosmopolitan's crown jewel. This 5,000-square-foot room features a dramatic grand staircase where the happy couple can make their wedding reception entrance and pose for glamorous wedding photos. The largest event room at Cosmopolitan, the diamond ballroom has a 400-guest capacity.

The four seasons room. The four seasons room is smaller, but just as elegant. With a maximum guest capacity of 180, this smaller room is suitable for intimate weddings with exclusive guest lists.

Outside catering is not allowed at Cosmopolitan, which has its own catering staff on hand to provide food for your wedding reception. The venue allows couples to create customized menus to suit their wedding reception dinner needs. The venue offers a list of recommended vendors for a variety of other services.

Cosmopolitan has a grand outdoor entrance that sets the tone from the moment guests arrive in the parking lot. There's a covered drop-off area right at the building's front doors where limo drivers and other chauffeurs can let wedding party members and guests enter the building in style. A spacious pre-function area provides space for guests to gather before they make their way into one of the two ballrooms at Cosmopolitan.

Reviews for Cosmopolitan praise the venue's staff and menus but note that Cosmopolitan does host more than one event per day, so there may be some event space overlap in the venue's public spaces. You'll have exclusive use of the room you rent, and if you rent both, you can have the whole place to yourself.

Cosmopolitan is the second generation event facility to occupy the building, and some reviews may use the business' old name, the Chalet. Thanks to recent renovation efforts, Cosmopolitan is a fresh, modern place to host a wedding event.

Enjoy these extra perks as part of your wedding cost at Cosmopolitan:

• In-house event planning staff with decades of experience
  • Private bridal suite changing rooms attached to both ballrooms

Above & Beyond - New, Upscale, Contemporary - Chic

Your wedding is a special occasion which needs an exceptional setting to create lasting memories. Cosmopolitan is among the finest wedding venues in New Jersey. Our spacious rooms will accommodate weddings from 75 to 400 guests amidst a chic, contemporary decor. We have the perfect banquet facility, with lush, manicured gardens and grounds, to provide a stunning setting for ceremonies and photography. Our site includes a magnificent, 5,000 square foot Diamond Ballroom as well as a more intimate but stunning Four Seasons Room. Both contain staircases leading directly into the room from lush bridal suites. A vast pre-function room will be set to create an everlasting impression on your guests in both comfort and style.

Ballroom, Garden

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

1377 Rt 23 S, Wayne, NJ (973) 633-5111

Reviewed on 3/12/2018 Aisha M

I had my wedding reception at the Cosmopolitan back in July of 2017 (yes I know a very late review) but absolutely loved the venue. My guests loved the decor of the venue and the mirrored lobby was just beautiful. Eileen and Scott were helpful along every step of the way. Eileen... Read More was extremely detail oriented and worked with my wedding coordinator throughout the whole event. She helped me find a resonably priced cake and made sure our wedding day was amazing. The guests loved the venue! Thank you Scott and Eileen for making our day phenomanal.

2018-03-13T11:49:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are so happy that we made your day "phenomenal". Wishing you love and Happiness Always!!

Reviewed on 3/06/2018 Remi O

Me and my husband held our reception at the cosmopolitan on January 6, 2018. It was the best experience ever!! My guests raved about the venue and the food. Eileen and Scott were amazing!!! She even went above and beyond by actually helping me with my dress when I had to use the... Read More restroom.Me and my husband will definitely be using them for future events. You will not be disappointed!! I give them 5 stars!!!

2018-03-08T16:35:57 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! It was a true pleasure helping you make your wedding the day of your dreams. We are thrilled that "it was the best experience ever!!" We look forward to having you back for your future events and wish you a lifetime... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/23/2018 MIchelle V

What can I say? Customer service was impeccable. My name is Michelle, president of the North Jersey Chamber of Commerce. As marketing guru in executed over 70 networking events a year, with 4 signature events usually taken place at a hall in Northern New Jersey.... I was blown... Read More away by their professionalism and customer service. Eileen and her team were amazing. Assured all my event detail and planning was exceeding expectations. The main ballroom makes one feel like they are living in a fair tale. Absolutely gorgeous! The food was delicious and everything was on point! As an entertainment for the night, we featured a ball room dancing show and the lighting make one feel like they were on Broadway! I highly recommend anyone who is wanting to have any time of event. They worked with us regarding our budget and we can not wait to host our next event with them!

2018-01-23T18:36:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Michelle. You are also a joy to work with. It was truly our pleasure. We look forward to having you back in the near future.

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Kevin H

My daughter’s wedding at the Cosmopolitan on June 17, 2017 was truly a Five Star experience. Prior to the wedding we met with Eileen and Scott several times to plan the event. They were incredible with attention to every single detail. The venue is classy and glamorous. My... Read More daughter decided to get married indoors due to the weather. The wedding ceremony was performed on the lower level. There were approximately 170 guests. As each one entered the venue they were greeted with a glass of champagne. The wedding room was very elegant and was spacious. After the wedding ceremony the guests went upstairs to the cocktail hour which was out of this world. The bridal party went up to the lush bridal suites, then soon to join the guests. The cocktail hour had every food station that you could have imagined. This including numerous carving stations and vodka ice luges. The food alone at the cocktail hour was more than enough for the whole wedding. The stairs that lead from the bridal suite to the Diamond Ball room was amazing for the bride’s entrance. The special lighting and the dance floor really set the mood. The different entrees at dinner were delicious. The headwaiter, servers and bartenders were there to please. Then the night concluded with desserts of every kind. This also included a cotton candy and popcorn machine. A Five Star experience. The Cosmopolitan is highly recommended for any type of event. Great job Eileen and Scott. Thank you, Kevin Hanrahan.

2017-10-26T16:05:15 Response from the vendor

Thank you Kevin for taking the time to write such a detailed, thoughtful review of Cosmopolitan. We appreciate your 5 star rating and your glowing recommendation. It was a tremendous honor to host you and your guests for your daughter's wedding, and we hope that... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Nick S

I was recently involved in helping plan a Sweet 16 for a friends daughter. We met with Eileen And Scott who were so helpful with the planning process. All of the ideas and recommendations were exactly what we were looking for. The venue was beautiful and clean, staff was... Read More attentive and the food was tasty especially cocktail which is my favorite. The guests had a fantastic time and the princess had a smile all night which is really all that matters. I recommend Cosmopolitan all the time you won’t be sorry.

2017-11-01T06:59:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your wonderful review of Cosmopolitan! We are delighted that the event was a success from the planning, to the end of her big night. We are so pleased that the guests enjoyed their evening, but most of all, that the Sweet Guest... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Becky H

Scott and Eileen are the best! Our wedding was a dream and everything went perfectly and was far beyond what I could have ever imagined. The service was exceptional, the food was delicious and this space is beyond gorgeous. Thank you for making our dreams come true! We love you!

2017-10-24T17:23:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We are pleased that we exceeded your expectations and made your wedding dreams come true! Please know that we loved working with you as well and were happy to serve you and your guests. We hope to see you again soon.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Dean T

The cocktail hour food was especially good. The staff was pleasant and kept moving. Decor was bright and beautiful. Everyone I spoke with was impressed with the food and drinks. We all had a blast. My brother n me witnessed the manager quietly take care of a problematic... Read More guest and made sure that very few were aware that this guy was acting up. Not easy to do with a room full of people and a party to keep happy. I was only a guest with no knowledge of the pricing, hence my 4 star rating.

2017-10-23T19:30:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your positive review and feedback. Our goal is for each and every event to be perfect to ensure that every guest is able to have a wonderful evening at Cosmopolitan. We appreciate your honest and thoughtful review. We are certainly pleased that... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Theresa C

I recently attended a wedding and it was spectacular from beginning to end! The elaborate main entrance leads you into a breathtaking mirrored foyer reminiscent of "Glamour Hollywood" days meets Modern Day Elegance! The service was very professional and there was tremendous... Read More attention to every detail. For me it's all about the ambiance and I wasn't disappointed, especially with the large open dining room, sweeping staircase and elaborate lighting. And oh, the food was great too!

2017-11-01T07:02:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you Theresa! We appreciate your wonderful review and rating of Cosmopolitan. We are always so pleased when our guests notice the attention to detail that we provide for every event. Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It was our pleasure... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Anthony R

Cosmopolitan is the venue that my wife and I chose to have the day of our dreams. From the minute my wife walked in, she new that it was the place we were going to pick. We have to say that we are so glad that we did. We had our wedding on September 1, 2017 and had about 250... Read More guests. We have gotten so many comments from our guests telling us that our wedding was just "over the top" amazing. From the spectacular venue, the immense amount of delicious food, to the professional service, we can't say enough about the Cosmopolitan. Eileen, Scott and the entire staff were very warm, professional and accommodating. Thank you Cosmopolitan for giving us the most perfect wedding day.

2017-10-18T12:42:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for you fantastic, thoughtful review! We are delighted to have helped make your wedding a memorable one. It was our hope to exceed your expectations for the perfect event. We appreciate your wonderful comments, and acknowledgement of the entire staff. Everyone... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Nichole M

My husband and I had our wedding on June 17th, 2017 at the Cosmopolitan. The venue was recently renovated and is absolutely beautiful. We had our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception on location and the service and staff was excellent. The cocktail hour had 10 different food... Read More stations and ice sculptures which blew away the guests. We had a custom menu at the reception to make it unique to what we wanted and had a fantastic time. Scott and Eileen were so helpful and made sure everything was perfect, they went above and beyond. My friends and family are still talking about how good of a time they had and how it was the best wedding they have every been too. I would definitely recommend. 5 Star Venue

2018-03-13T11:51:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!! It was truly our pleasure to share in making your day perfect. We appreciate your recommendations and would love to see you back for future family events. Wishing you a lifetime of Love and Happiness!!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Robin G

I had my wedding at this venue in August 2017. I must say that the venue is very pretty and matched what I wanted as far as glitter/sparkles. Compared to the venue pricing where I've searched all around before this was affordable. Eileen was very nice on my wedding day, and the... Read More days leading up to it. At times there were some sketchy things going on (food tasting/where we would have cocktail hour), but in the end it ended up being okay. I had to take a star off because of Scott. He is one of the owners. I was not pleased with him at all, and had an uncomfortable feeling about him since i met him. The day of my wedding he came off so harsh to myself, as well as my wedding party. I don't believe that he is even aware of how he speaks to people. A bad taste was left in my mouth because of this. If planning on having an event here I would say get everything that is said down on paper when it is said, or record everything on your phone so that you do not get gypped. I will also say that for a wedding with 120 people the foyer is a bit too small.

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Arang K

I can't say enough good things about Eileen, Scott, and rest of the staffs at Cosmopolitan! Our venue went bankrupt only a month before our wedding and as anyone could imagine, it was a nightmare. Thankfully, the Cosmopolitan was able to accommodate us and Eileen was amazingly... Read More helpful, responsive and caring, helping us transition our wedding over to the new venue. She answered all of our questions and, given how stressed out we were, made it such an easy experience. Scott, our maitre d, was extremely friendly, meticulous, detail oriented and helpful as well. We couldn't have asked for better. Our guests raved about the quality and quantity of the food and the wonderful indoor/outdoor space. All in all, what started out as a potential disaster, ended up working out for the best! I highly recommend Cosmopolitan to any bride, or anyone looking for an upscale venue. Eileen, Scott and the rest of the staff will go above and beyond to make your experience absolutely amazing!

2017-10-13T18:46:44 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the Fantastic review! It was our honor to host you and your family on your Wedding Day. Please know that it was an absolute pleasure working with you to ensure that your Wedding transition to our venue would be seamless... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/19/2017 Yvette B

I was panicking at the last minute to find a venue!! Eileen told me not to worry and she would help accommodate my needs, I met with her and Scott and boy was she right I couldn't be any happier!! The venue is gorgeous, food taste amazing my daughter's wedding reception was a... Read More blast!!! Guest is still talking about it! Looking forward to doing a birthday party there in November for my husband! Thanks again guys a day to remember:)

2017-08-31T19:59:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! It was our pleasure to help you with all of your event needs and provide you with outstanding service. We are so pleased that your daughter's Wedding was an amazing evening that your guests were so excited... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/13/2017

We are one of the devastated people that were affected by the bankrupt Atrium Country Club. Cosmopolitan was able to accommodate our original date. They also were so wonderful and compassionate regarding our dilemma. They are giving us more than our original menu and best of... Read More all, piece of mind. I want to thank Eileen and Scott for making this wedding possible for our daughter and monetarily helping us too. Looking forward to a wonderful wedding.

2017-10-19T15:57:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your 5 star review! We were more than happy to help you in any way possible, and will continue to assist you to make your daughter's wedding a perfect event. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Thanks again.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Tina B

My wedding was in April 2017. Our special day exceeded my expectations. Thanks to Eileen & Scott. My husband and I couldn't have asked for anything more.! Such a beautiful venue!

2017-08-31T19:40:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for giving us a perfect rating! Your comments are very much valued and appreciated. We are so pleased that we were able to give you the Wedding reception that you deserve, and I'm sure our entire staff enjoyed helping you with... Read Less Read More

So great!

Reviewed on 7/04/2015 Tamara E

I had my wedding at the Grand Chalet/Cosmopolitan on July 2, 2015. They're in the middle of renovations, but what they have done so far looks so beautiful! Eileen was really helpful throughout the whole process and went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect. The... Read More guests raved about the food, desserts, and cake and felt the room looked beautiful. I couldn't be happier with how everything turned out!

Best bridal shower ever!

Reviewed on 8/15/2012 Jennifer M

My bridal shower was held here and it was amazing! The waitstaff was so accommodating and nice! They made sure all the guests were well taken care of as well as myself! The food was so good! It was a really great time!

Ceremony & Reception Site

Reviewed on 12/14/2010 Keriann C

A beautiful site to have a wedding. The food was tasty & nicely presented and the price is great because you get so much included in the packages. Had some minor miscommunication, but I was able to resolve it by changing some of my plans last minute.

Reviewed on 11/20/2010 Caren B

Our wedding was very beautiful. We had our ceremony outside and reception inside. It was wonderful and the food was AWESOME. I would use the Chalet as a venue for other events. Only bad thing is that because there are more than one wedding going on at the same time there you... Read More have the chance of having a bride from another event walk through your reception area (which happened to me, thank goodness none of my guest were there).

Reviewed on 11/14/2010 Karen H

I cannot praise this place enough. The entire staff was so fantastic!! From the very first meeting through the wedding reception everyone was very accommodating. We were married a month ago and our guests are still raving about the food. All of our guests were blown away by... Read More everything. Our Maitre’d Scott was perfect; very professional but personable. He was very attentive to my husband and myself, making sure we had everything we wanted and more! Our day was flawless thanks to the staff at the Grand Chalet. We would highly recommend them and have. We could not have been happier with the Grand Chalet!!!!!!

A bit of confusion...

Reviewed on 10/11/2010 mike P

Besides my cake being the wrong color, and paying for chair covers for my band (that were never set up so my band had to eat in my bridal suite), and also with the fact that it took 2 hours to serve was a very nice place. The food was great and our matrondee was even... Read More greater. He was very attentive and made sure that my husband and I were happy. For larger groups, I would suggest that dinner start immediately as guests are seated. Because it took 2 hours to serve, my band was not able to play the 3 sets that they were contracted for (since we lost one hour of party time). In all, the food was great and the staff was wonderful; I just regret not walking into the room before the event so that I could have noticed the wrong cake and the missing table and chair covers that I paid for.

Meet The President

With over 22 years of experience as a banquet venue entrepreneur, Eileen successfully transformed her prior venue with a multi-million dollar transformation to an upscale, contemporary-chic venue. Although it was a long hall, it was well worth it, as there is a lot of "Buzz" and excitement for the opening of Cosmopolitan. Her passion for the business reflects in her success and her team continues to stand behind to help her exceed . . . Above and Beyond.