Cotali Mar Restaurante

New Bedford, MA

Book Your Wedding with Cotali Mar Restaurante

A BALLROOM IN NEW BEDFORD, MA

Cotali Mar Grande Ballroom. As the name suggests, the Grande Ballroom is a large space on the second floor of the restaurant that accommodates up to 280 guests. This elegant space has a neutral color palette so couples can decorate it in their wedding color and style. It has high ceilings, a crystal chandelier and arched windows.

Wine Cellar. For a more intimate reception, couples can host an event in the wine cellar of Cotali Mar Restaurante. This private venue accommodates up to 110 guests and offers a rustic atmosphere with exposed brick walls, wood detailing and lots of wine barrels for decoration.

Outdoor Terrace. The restaurant's outdoor space is ideal for a cocktail hour or for guests to catch a breath between dances. The private terrace features a marble fountain and warm stone fireplace. Note that this area is only open seasonally.

All events held at Cotali Mar Restaurante are catered by its in-house kitchen staff and executive chef. The restaurant offers a contemporary menu with international influences from the Mediterranean, including a fine selection of steak, fresh seafood, pasta and other specialty entrées. The booking fee at Cotali Mar Restaurante includes a complimentary menu tasting for two.

Couples that book their reception at Cotali Mar Restaurante are in direct contact with an in-house wedding coordinator. The coordinator helps couples throughout the planning process, consistently checking in to make sure that everything turns out just as planned. The service includes designing a menu and floor plan and helping to coordinate outside decorations and entertainment. Cotali Mar Restaurante supplies tables, chairs, floor-length table linens, overlays and napkins.

Cotali Mar Restaurante holds only one private event per day. A wedding reception booking includes six hours of event time. Extra charges may apply for additional event time.

Receptions booked at Cotali Mar Restaurante typically only include one venue. If couples want to use the terrace or wine cellar for a cocktail hour, then an extra charge applies.

Extra amenities and services available for couples and their guests at Cotali Mar Restaurante include:

• Complimentary bridal suite
  • Cocktail bar
  • Complimentary wedding cake cutting
  • Professional bartending staff
  • Complimentary champagne for the newlyweds

Cotali Mar Restaurante and Event Venue

Cotali Mar Restaurante is a hidden gem. The sophisticated Grande Ballroom accommodates up to 250 guests with a private relaxing bridal suite.The old world Wine Cellar is a unique venue for a celebration of up to 100 guests. Our stunning Courtyard features a marble fountain and cozy stone fireplace.

Ballroom, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

1178 Acushnet Avenue, New Bedford, MA (508) 821-2627

Reviewed on 1/18/2017 Cassandra G

We had an amazing wedding at Cotali Mar. The event coordinator, Kathy, was absolutely amazing! She made the whole process so much easier and makes you feel like a weight has been lifted of your shoulders not to mention she has a lot of knowledge and experience that is clearly... Read More evident when you work with her. Beautiful restaurant with a gorgeous ballroom and amazing food. I would absolutely recommend Cotali Mar for anyone planning a wedding or any other event for that matter.

Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 10/02/2014 leslie r

Where do I even start? Everything about our wedding reception was perfect ! We received tons of compliments on the food , the service , and the cocktail hour. My guests had nothing but great things to say. Gail the owner ,even came over to my husband and I to congratulate... Read More us and to make sure everything was as we planned !! Everything was perfect , every little detail from making sure that everything ran on time , to having cookies and milk for the kids during our toast . The setup of the room was exactly how I pictured it in my head . The soup, salad and entree was absolutely delicious ! Kathy , who is the event coordinater for Cotali Mar was an absolute dream to work with . She listen to every concern and every request we had and made sure everything ran smoothly the entire night ! She is such a sweet and kind hearted person , was very prompt to answer any questions we had . She eased any fears we had and was able to work with us to stay within our budget. She gives you many different options to choose from . We we're able to enjoy our wedding reception without worrying about time or small details because Kathy had everything under control ! Kathy and the staff at Cotali Mar made my wedding dream come true I will be forever greatful that we choose Cotali Mar as our venue for our reception !!

Wonderful Venue

Reviewed on 9/26/2014

Cotali Mar Restaurante offers a wonderful venue for a wedding. My son's wedding was an intimate affair which took place in the Adega,the function room which offers old world atmosphere with a welcoming style. Every detail from the decorations, ceremony and reception were... Read More reviewed and planned by Kathy, a wonderful event coordinator with great attention to detail and unique ideas which made this special day even more enjoyable. The wedding was perfect and just what the couple wanted for a lasting memory.

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Stephanie A

Everything was great! Kathy the wedding planner made everything so much fun and I would want it to have come out any other way! Thank you so much Cotali mar

Reviewed on 6/16/2015 Megan H

We had our wedding at Cotali Mar in May of 2015. I could not of asked for a more perfect day! The room was set up exactly how I envisioned it. The food was amazing. My guest were more than satisfied. Everyone left completely stuffed! Prices are amazing. We were able to have the... Read More wedding of our dreams while still staying within budget. The venue is absolutely gorgeous including the outdoor cocktail area. The staff at the facility was more than accommodating. My guest were so impressed with how quickly their meals were served and cleaned up. I had the opportunity to work with one person during the planning process. This was great because it avoided any potential confusing. We could not have asked for a better wedding day! I would 100% recommend this venue to everyone!

Absolutely Amazing!

Reviewed on 11/09/2014 Kayla T

There isn't one bad thing we can say. Cotali Mar as a whole experience was perfect! The owner Carlos, his wife, Kathy, and the whole entire waiting staff was incredible. Kathy was there for every step of the way even if it didn't have to do with the actual restaurant. We would... Read More suggest Cotati Mar to everybody and anybody. If we could do it all over again we do it the exact same way. You will not be disappointed:)

Everthing I expected and more!

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Haylie T

I had my wedding reception at Cotali Mar Restaurante in May 2014 and all I can say is WOW! Everything from the event space, the food, and the hospitality was perfect! The formal dining room upstairs not only accommodates a very large amount of guests, but it is a... Read More breathtaking view decorated to your liking! A perfect gem in the heart of New Bedford. Kathy, the event coordinator, is such a sweetheart and she accommodated me in every way possible with routine check-ins and making sure everything was in order the way I wanted it. The venue is very flexible and plans your event how YOU want it. Something I believe is very important. As for the food, absolutely delicious. I am a current chef in the area as well and am very critical when it comes to food, especially when cooked for a large amount of people. There are more than enough meal options to choose from with top quality products and more than reasonable prices. We selected the stuffed chicken and the filet mignon, both of which all of our guests raved about. Overall, working with Kathy and the rest of the staff at Cotali Mar was a great experience. In my eyes, my wedding was perfect and I wouldn't have changed a thing!

Best day of my life

Reviewed on 10/12/2014 michelle a

Where do I begin... Coltali Mar was amazing. From the moment we walked in and met Kathy the wedding coordinator we knew we found our spot! The court yard for our cocktail hour was just perfect. And the grand room is beautiful and was set up exactly how we had dreamed! Everyone... Read More knows that "wedding food" is just ok. But Coltai Mar is absolutely delicious from the hor dourves at cocktail hour that never stopped to the Portuguese homestyle soup, and to the entrée. Gail and Carlos the owners treated us as if we were part of their family and not just a number. And we can not forget about the wedding coordinator Kathy!! she is just amazing. I couldn't of done it without her. She is the sweetest, kind hearted person, and attention to detail was a breath of fresh air. I felt as if she was a big sister through the whole experience. Kathy, Gail, Carlos and the entire Coltai Mar staff was AMAZING!! we will forever be grateful and have the best memories of Coltai Mar!!

Perfect Day!

Reviewed on 9/30/2014 Ashley A

Cotati Mar was the PREFECT venue for our wedding day in April 2014. Cathy, our wedding coordinator was ALWAYS available to talk to me and worked with me in any way possible to make our day perfect. Our reception was in the ball room upstairs. It was perfectly sized for our... Read More 150 (ish) guest wedding. Only negative was that our wedding guests figured out that the downstairs bar was cheaper than staying upstairs. The bridal suite was also a huge plus! I also had my bridal shower here and I can't complain about a single thing! Will probably be having my baby shower here in the near future :-)

Cotali Mar is Fantastic

Reviewed on 9/26/2014

I looked at many places in my area to hold my son's wedding rehearsal dinner. 6 months before the BIG DAY we celebrated his future father-in -law's birthday at the restaurant because we knew the food is fantastic. Then we went to look at the 2 rooms Cotali Mar has available... Read More for parties. My future daughter-in-law & I instantly loved the atmosphere, the coziness of the smaller of the rooms. I booked the Adego Room that week. The restaurant event planner, Kathy, was fantastic to work with, really listening to me & what I needed & offering suggestions. The night of the Rehearsal Dinner went so smoothly. I planned a buffet and all the food was delicious. I definitely recommend Cotali Mar for all kinds of parties, not just for weddings.

Portuguese Food Venue

Reviewed on 12/21/2012 Jessica C

For those brides who have a Portuguese background and intend on having Portuguese food served on their wedding day, this is the place. Not only was the food fantastic (we received numerous compliments), but the venue inside is stunning. The hall is new and has beautiful tall... Read More ceilings and high windows with a chandelier in the center. The only thing that was a little lacking is the location. Acushnet Ave in New Bedford takes a little away from the beautiful venue, but once you are inside, you don't even notice. Another plus, our cocktail hour was held in their wine cellar which is absolutely beautiful!!