708 Sumneytown Pike, West Point , PA

The BEST dress shop!

Reviewed on 8/20/2014 Theresa L

I loved my experience here, from searching for my gown to my final fitting. Krystyna was amazing at helping my find the PERFECT dress. I explained to her what I liked and didn't like and she was very attentive. The first dress she put me in I was in love with, but I knew not to... Read More act too fast since it was just the first dress. I tried on about three more, but kept thinking back to that first dress. Mind you this whole time, Krystyna was keeping all information about the dresses a surprise (a factor that I know some brides may not like, but this small detail made the story of finding my dress that much more perfect!). When she put me back into the first dress, it was just as amazing as the first time. As I was busy gushing over the dress, Krystyna revealed to me the best news of all : my dress was by the designer Alfred Angelo, and was from his Disney Princess dress collection, specifically this was his "Cinderella 216" dress. My mouth dropped to the floor! My now-husband and I lovingly refer to each other as "Cinderella" and "Prince Charming", our entire wedding was Disney Fairytale themed, specifically Cinderella themed, and my now-husband and I were going on our honeymoon to Disney World (we're a little Disney obsessed, if you couldn't tell lol). I had not mentioned ANY of this to Krystyna! That was when the waterworks started and I knew I had found the perfect dress! At that point everyone in the shop had heard my story and was very excited for me, saying it was fate! The staff is phenomenal. Every time I called the shop I received prompt and courteous responses. My dress and veil came in in a timely manner and my dress came in in the correct size. My seamstress, Regina, was fantastic too! I am very, very petite and was worried about my dress fitting my properly and not being too long. By the time she was done alterations my fit n' flare style dress with a corset back fit like a glove! I still have people raving about my dress and how much they loved it! I wish I had more reasons to wear it because it was just that gorgeous. This place truly makes you feel like a valued customer and they genuinely care about your happiness. You're the bride after all! You simply cannot find a place that will give you a better wedding dress shopping experience. I would recommend all brides to check out Country Bride and Gent. You may just find your fairytale dream dress like I did!

Friendly and Fashionable Service

Reviewed on 2/06/2014 Melissa R

I first came to Country Bride after a friend referred me to their shop. The selection of dresses was phenomenal and they had a VERY wide variety. As someone looking for something different than the norms (NOT strapless, sweetheart, ball gown, etc). I was nervous that I would... Read More find the perfect dress, but they had not only one dress of the style I had my eye on. (An illusion necklined lace fit and flare with a dramatic back) They had multiple so I was able to choose the dress that was absolutely perfect. They also worked with me and the designer to make the little tweaks I wanted. The train was only lace and I wanted it lined like the rest of the skirt. Once you begin alterations, you keep the same seamstress so she knows what you want and works with you to get there. They were all very friendly and by the time I was to my fittings, they knew me by name. Always willing to squeeze in an appointment !

Wonderful experience!

Reviewed on 4/28/2013 Danielle N

Excellent service, great prices & selection. Tricia did a phenomenal job altering my gown so that it fit perfectly! Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Leticia A

Loved every bit of my experience!!!! I can not say enough good things about this place, every single person I ever had contact with at the store was really nice, respectful and helpful. Cristina was my sales person and she was just awesome helping me find the perfect dress for... Read More me. I would definitely recommend them to any bride.

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Rachael D

Seriously, the best. From the staff to the wedding dress and bridesmaid dress selection, to the guys' tuxedos, everything was perfect. Barbara helped us through the entire journey and I can't thank her enough!

Reviewed on 7/17/2016

A Magical Bridal Experience Thank You for an unforgettable Wedding Experience! From the moment we walked into the Country Bride and Gent we were greeted with cheerful and professional staff. The bridal consultants: Christine, Flori, Flossie and all the consultants we... Read More encountered made us feel that nothing was more important than helping us select the perfect gown to make my daughters wedding day so special. Trish, the owner, my daughters bridal consultant was amazing. She was professional, patient, cheerful, flexible and fun. Nothing was too much to ask for. She went above and beyond for every detail. Her exquisite selection of designer gowns were hard to choose from, one was more stunning than the other. My daughter was there on multiple occasions trying on dresses and Trish never loss patience with her. She found the dress of her dreams, accessories and a spectacular Two-tier Cathedral bridal veil edged in swarovski crystals that sparkled on the alter during the nuptial mass. It was breathtaking. The Country Bride and Gent is a full service salon. Our seven bridesmaids could not have been happier. Most of the girls lived out of state. Trish, provided a great experience-quality service, flexibility, great selection and low cost for each of the attendants. The entire groomsmen party met with the owner, Ed. The groom, seven groomsmen, father of the bride, father of the groom, ring bearer and various tux rentals for the guests was an outstanding experience from beginning to end. Ed, is extremely particular with every detail attended to. The mother of the brides dress was spectacular, Trish found it on the run way in New York for Mother’s of the Bride. It was from the Montage by Mon Cheri-The Ivonne D Collection. It was stunning. With Sincere Appreciation and Gratitude, Charlene

Reviewed on 6/22/2016 Jacqueline C

I found the most beautiful wedding dress at this venue. I was over the moon and in love with my dress that was gorgeous and affordable. Then everything went to hell. My dress practically fit it just needed a few things - yet the price was over $500 dollars! And then kept... Read More going up! By the end it was close to $700 in alterations! The alterations were also terribly done. The worst was that they tried to send me home with a less than perfect dress! Two days before my wedding and my dress was a mess. In the end after tears and begging they fixed it. Stay away! My husband also had a terrible experience with the tux rental - after spending some major money we were not treated well. First, everyone who had their tux fitted there (we live 40+ miles away) didn't fit and needed to be fixed! Everyone who just sent in their measurements fit perfectly. Also two days before my wedding my husband went to pick everything up and his tie wasn't there! They said you just need to come back tomorrow - why not call us early and let us know that? Why make us more stressed to have to drive back out? Just terrible service!

Reviewed on 3/12/2016 James C

I was saddened by my experience at the Country Bride and Gent. Upon entering and checking in I was introduced to my bridal consultant whose name escapes me. She did not ask one question about my wedding venue or ideas and began explaining the placement of the dresses prior to my... Read More party arriving back from the bathroom.When I was then asked what types of dresses I liked I had requested to see a variety of styles as it was my first dress shopping experience. My consultant pulled all very similar styles and cuts of dresses. My bridal party attempted to pull variations and the consultant was extremely rude to them. After trying on the first dress I requested to see an a-line dress with beading or crystals ( more sparkle).My consultant again brought in nothing of the kind. She instead attempted to try on several dresses while telling me how they just weren't going to work for me , or would not fit. After trying on her suggested dresses I stated again that I Would like to try on a-line with some bling. My mother pulled several dresses that fit my criteria that the consultant told her would not work and moved them to the back of a pile. At that point a member of my party came in to help me and put on a dress my mother picked that fit amazingly and was the cut and bling that I wanted, one the consultant had stated would not work. The consultant then proceeded to put veils and head bands in my hair carelessly and was pulling my hair out. It was overall and awful experience and I was disappointed that when the consultant thought I may be interested in buying she became nicer and begun asking questions about my venue etc... She was overall rude to my party and myself and it was an unfortunate first dress shopping experience. Perhaps another consultant would provide a better experience.

Great experience

Reviewed on 9/08/2015 Chelsea K

Had a great time shopping at Country Bride & Gent. They had an excellent selection and prices seemed more reasonable than other places. My only issue with them was that they ordered the incorrect belt for my dress, and then made a stink about not letting us return it (even... Read More though it was their mistake). We ended up getting a refund, but it did ruin the experience just a bit!

Great Store

Reviewed on 8/30/2014 Nicole S

I had a great experience. I worked with Regina who was so patient and helpful. She actually picked my dress before I even told her what I wanted and it was perfect. I was not interested in the corset back, and she was more than happy to research zipper options and satin buttons... Read More to add. The building may not look totally updated, but their selection of dresses was great! The woman that work here go above and beyond. I loved my veil so much, I wore it all night!

Reviewed on 5/18/2014 Joelle C

I will start off by saying that getting my wedding dress here (Bensalem) was a good experience. I walked in with my mom on a whim though it was close to time to get a dress. We browsed around for dresses and one of the consultants came and assisted with no appointment. She... Read More asked what we were looking for and pulled out three dresses for me to try that fit the description. The second dress I tried on was the dress! She was very helpful in providing advice and what we might need for alterations and such. After such a good experience I decided to go back with my bridesmaids to get their dresses there. I had set up an appointment and everything. When we all got there we had to look for someone to help us. When we did she stayed in the shadows and did not provide any guidance or assistance. I especially valued to input of someone as all the girls in my party were of different sizes and skin tones. We ended up leaving and getting their dresses at another dress shop in town. Also, when my dress arrived it was at the West Point branch. We made an appointment for a fitting. When we arrived it was packed and it was prom season. We waited for a couple of minutes (which I didn't mind) until someone came to assist us. When I got in the dress, the consultant made it very clear that we were inconveniencing her time by being brief and not being helpful. It was my mom who was noticing what may need altered while the consultant just stood in the background with her arms crossed and nodding. We decided to take care of the alterations ourselves elsewhere.

My Dress

Reviewed on 5/08/2014 Maria S

Nice selection of dresses. I was happy i found the dress of my dreams. But i was not happy that my bustles broke at the start of the night.

Disappointing Experience

Reviewed on 10/21/2013 Kate D

I set up an appt nearly 2 months in advance for Wedding Dress Shopping here with my close female relatives, and was shocked how little attention we received. They barely welcomed us, did not ask many questions, and provided little feedback. It was pretty deflating. On top of... Read More that, there was very little seating and the place was pretty dingy looking. I was surprised to see this considering the reviews I skimmed on here. I just don't want another bride-to-be to go through what we did here.

Wonderful store!

Reviewed on 10/11/2013 Ashley B

I absolutely love Country Bride & Gent! Their staff is the most helpful, and they were very accommodating with appointment times even though I have a very busy work schedule. And the gowns are beautiful!

Not too Shabby

Reviewed on 7/29/2013 Samantha S

This boutique was far from my house and they didn't do a great job to accommodate that with me. The seamstress also made a mistake about 2 months out that made me give up ice cream and potato chips until after the wedding, but in the end, but dress was perfect.

Reviewed on 7/01/2013 Holly B

I actually bought my dress at the Country Bride in Bensalem, PA before it closed down and they consolidated into one store in Lansdale. I did not know this was happening when I purchased my dress 6 months before. However, the woman at Country Bride knew exactly what I was... Read More looking for when others said I would not be able to find it and would have to settle. There was no problems having the rest of my appointments in Lansdale other than that it was farther away and more inconvenient. The service in the Lansdale store is good and they have a lot of nice dresses for reasonable prices. My seamstress was Ann (I think). She is British and only works Mondays. She was the best. However, alterations were very expensive for little work (taking it in a little and shortening it was about $400). Overall I am satisfied and I do love my dress.

Great dress, great staff

Reviewed on 6/26/2013 Amy V

I have been to Country Bride probably 15 times as a bridesmaid and this time as a bride, I have gotten the same excellent service that I have gotten from all other times I've been there. The sales staff is amazing and the dress was delivered when promised and with plenty of... Read More time for alterations. I did love all the alterations. The staff was amazing at getting the idea of what I wanted and delivering on that. The only reason I gave the less than four stars was because of the bustle. Which is why the quality rating was poor. The woman that did my alterations, was great at the dress and giving me help with the bust...but the bustle...was a bust! She did eye hooks and for a dress that delicate (lace) and someone with as much movement as a bride, the hooks didnt stay. I had my dress re-bustled 4 times and at the end had to put a rubber band in it to hold it all together and up then drop the lace sheath over that mess. It was horrible, I tripped twice on fallen pieces of the bustle that came out and couldn't dance until the rubber band at the end of the reception. Not what I expected! I do plan on contacting them to let them know...but you should know...great dress.,,amazing alterations, great super easy to work with staff...bad bustle. If they're doing fish or eye hooks...ask for something else. No way. I wish I'd have done snaps or ties. I didn't know any better!

Small but perfect.

Reviewed on 5/25/2013 Katie H

I love this store. Has everything you need from your gown to bridesmaids, flower girls, tuxes, even invitations (and will give you discounts when you order your gown and bridesmaids there!). My only complaint is that it is small and can get very crowded. Overall, loved my... Read More experience.

Good Sales, Professional Service, Gorgeous Gowns!

Reviewed on 2/02/2013 Amy R

I was able to find a beautiful silk satin dress on sale for over 50% off. The ladies working in this shop are just fabulous--they treat you like a princess and are very professional. The tuxedo manager is also very professional and knows his stuff. He helped the guys look... Read More awesome in their tuxedos that matched the bridesmaids' dresses perfectly!

Reviewed on 12/07/2012 Jamie H

I was a bridesmaid in my friends wedding, our dresses came from the Country Bride. I ordered my dress in January, it came in about a month later. I was told to pick up the dress and call back about a month before the wedding for alterations. I called back as instructed one month... Read More before the wedding to set up an appointment for alterations and was told they were booked and couldn't help me and the woman on the phone was pretty ignorant like it was my fault for waiting to call. I ended getting stuck going to a dry cleaner for alterations, which turned out horrible. Thanks for nothing!

Wonderful experience

Reviewed on 10/02/2012 amy T

Everything was on time and as promised at the country brides& gent. I highly recommend them or all our wedding attire! Bridal gown, bridesmaids and groomsmen all had a great experience!

Very Accomodating

Reviewed on 8/23/2012 Lisa B

Country Bride was wonderful. The dress I wanted to order was only available in the Bensalem store, so they shipped it to the West Point store so I could try it on before ordering it. I live out of state, so getting to the shop for alterations was a little difficult, but Trisha... Read More worked with my schedule every time to accomodate my 2-hour drive. When working on the bustle, we weren't able to get exactly what I had envisioned on the first few tries. Trisha and the other ladies in the store continued coming up with different possibilities until we found exactly what I wanted.

wonderful (Bensalem location)

Reviewed on 6/06/2012 Stephanie T

This was the third location that I visited for my wedding dress and compared to the other two places, it was a breathe of fresh air! Everyone was very welcoming and offered their opinion when necessary. But, when offering their opinion, they did it gently, as to not step on... Read More anyone's toes or hurt any feelings. I purchased my wedding dress, bridesmaid dresses, mother of the bride dress and even the grandmother of the bride dress at Country Bride (Bensalem location). We also complted all alterations at this location

Great dresses at great prices

Reviewed on 5/08/2012 Leighann P

I wanted a really beautiful chiffon dress but was absolutely not willing to break the bank to do it and I found a lot of great dresses here with totally reasonable prices. I also got my bridesmaids dresses here which were gorgeous and all of the tuxes for the groomsmen. They... Read More have really great incentives to getting all of your wedding party's attire here. Just remember that this is not an extremely upscale bridal salon. Don't get me wrong, its very nice, but its a little more hands on when it comes to finding your dress.

My Dream Dress

Reviewed on 1/09/2012 Maria B

I truely got my dream dress. I couldn't have found a more wonderful dress. The prices aren't too bad but it's worth it in the end.

Start a Conversation!