The Country Bride…Come experience the difference.

See why over twenty-one years sets us apart from the rest. We take all the time it takes to choose the perfect gown and then fit it to your likes. Nothing is more important than your wedding day and nothing is more important to us than you.

708 Sumneytown Pike, West Point , PA (215) 699-1480

The BEST dress shop!

Reviewed on 8/20/2014 Theresa L

I loved my experience here, from searching for my gown to my final fitting. Krystyna was amazing at helping my find the PERFECT dress. I explained to her what I liked and didn't like and she was very attentive. The first dress she put me in I was in love with, but I knew not to... Read More act too fast since it was just the first dress. I tried on about three more, but kept thinking back to that first dress. Mind you this whole time, Krystyna was keeping all information about the dresses a surprise (a factor that I know some brides may not like, but this small detail made the story of finding my dress that much more perfect!). When she put me back into the first dress, it was just as amazing as the first time. As I was busy gushing over the dress, Krystyna revealed to me the best news of all : my dress was by the designer Alfred Angelo, and was from his Disney Princess dress collection, specifically this was his "Cinderella 216" dress. My mouth dropped to the floor! My now-husband and I lovingly refer to each other as "Cinderella" and "Prince Charming", our entire wedding was Disney Fairytale themed, specifically Cinderella themed, and my now-husband and I were going on our honeymoon to Disney World (we're a little Disney obsessed, if you couldn't tell lol). I had not mentioned ANY of this to Krystyna! That was when the waterworks started and I knew I had found the perfect dress! At that point everyone in the shop had heard my story and was very excited for me, saying it was fate! The staff is phenomenal. Every time I called the shop I received prompt and courteous responses. My dress and veil came in in a timely manner and my dress came in in the correct size. My seamstress, Regina, was fantastic too! I am very, very petite and was worried about my dress fitting my properly and not being too long. By the time she was done alterations my fit n' flare style dress with a corset back fit like a glove! I still have people raving about my dress and how much they loved it! I wish I had more reasons to wear it because it was just that gorgeous. This place truly makes you feel like a valued customer and they genuinely care about your happiness. You're the bride after all! You simply cannot find a place that will give you a better wedding dress shopping experience. I would recommend all brides to check out Country Bride and Gent. You may just find your fairytale dream dress like I did!

Friendly and Fashionable Service

Reviewed on 2/06/2014 Melissa R

I first came to Country Bride after a friend referred me to their shop. The selection of dresses was phenomenal and they had a VERY wide variety. As someone looking for something different than the norms (NOT strapless, sweetheart, ball gown, etc). I was nervous that I would... Read More find the perfect dress, but they had not only one dress of the style I had my eye on. (An illusion necklined lace fit and flare with a dramatic back) They had multiple so I was able to choose the dress that was absolutely perfect. They also worked with me and the designer to make the little tweaks I wanted. The train was only lace and I wanted it lined like the rest of the skirt. Once you begin alterations, you keep the same seamstress so she knows what you want and works with you to get there. They were all very friendly and by the time I was to my fittings, they knew me by name. Always willing to squeeze in an appointment !

Wonderful experience!

Reviewed on 4/28/2013 Danielle N

Excellent service, great prices & selection. Tricia did a phenomenal job altering my gown so that it fit perfectly! Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 11/24/2016 Carolann H

I found my perfect wedding dress here, which I couldn't be more grateful and the seamstress did an amazing job. She made sure my dress fit perfectly for our big day! She was wonderful! We also appreciated their Bridal Package. It was a great deal. We had a little trouble with... Read More our tuxes which was upsetting when we only rented five tuxes, however, they were able to fix them quickly before our wedding.

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Lauren H

We ordered our tuxes and bridesmaids dress from Country Bride and Gent for our October 2016 wedding. They were very easy to work with and had a large selection. We were very impressed with their tux selection and the price of rentals. We had gone to one store previously and... Read More for the SAME EXACT HIGH QUALITY DESIGNER LABEL tux were able to get it for nearly $100 less. Do yourself a favor and at least go look at Country Bride for tuxes. You wont' regret it. Gene is the guy to ask for when you are tux shopping! The bridesmaids dresses were also great and the girls got so many compliments on the day of the wedding!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Joann L

Shawn was great in helping me find a dress and she remained a good go to person for information as I worked my way through the alterations process. Some of the other women could be quite rude and unhelpful. As for the alterations, they were reasonably priced, but I did not see... Read More my dress completely done until the Monday before the wedding. Luckily it did look good, but the bustle was changed, which proved an issue with the girls putting it up the evening of the wedding. Also, I do not think there was enough care taken on the hem, there were some jagged edges to it. I thought it would be taken care of, but now I realize I should have spoken up, as it was not something that was going to be addressed without my pointing it out.

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Bobbie A

We went with country bride and gent for my dress, bridesmaids dresses, mother of the groom, and tuxes. It was very convenient having all on site! A few of the bridesmaids and groomsmen did have issues with fit but overall I would recommend this location. I would probably go... Read More elsewhere for alterations but they have a great selection and great prices!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Leticia A

Loved every bit of my experience!!!! I can not say enough good things about this place, every single person I ever had contact with at the store was really nice, respectful and helpful. Cristina was my sales person and she was just awesome helping me find the perfect dress for... Read More me. I would definitely recommend them to any bride.

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Robert B

We had a fantastic experience at Country Bride & Gent. Ed was a great help, and very accommodating to every need we had. Their pricing is excellent, and the quality of their suits is on par with anyone else in the area. Ed is very knowledgeable, he makes sure everything fits... Read More perfectly. CB&J truly goes out of their way to make sure customers leave satisfied. A+! We cannot recommend highly enough!!

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Rachael D

Seriously, the best. From the staff to the wedding dress and bridesmaid dress selection, to the guys' tuxedos, everything was perfect. Barbara helped us through the entire journey and I can't thank her enough!

Reviewed on 7/17/2016

A Magical Bridal Experience Thank You for an unforgettable Wedding Experience! From the moment we walked into the Country Bride and Gent we were greeted with cheerful and professional staff. The bridal consultants: Christine, Flori, Flossie and all the consultants we... Read More encountered made us feel that nothing was more important than helping us select the perfect gown to make my daughters wedding day so special. Trish, the owner, my daughters bridal consultant was amazing. She was professional, patient, cheerful, flexible and fun. Nothing was too much to ask for. She went above and beyond for every detail. Her exquisite selection of designer gowns were hard to choose from, one was more stunning than the other. My daughter was there on multiple occasions trying on dresses and Trish never loss patience with her. She found the dress of her dreams, accessories and a spectacular Two-tier Cathedral bridal veil edged in swarovski crystals that sparkled on the alter during the nuptial mass. It was breathtaking. The Country Bride and Gent is a full service salon. Our seven bridesmaids could not have been happier. Most of the girls lived out of state. Trish, provided a great experience-quality service, flexibility, great selection and low cost for each of the attendants. The entire groomsmen party met with the owner, Ed. The groom, seven groomsmen, father of the bride, father of the groom, ring bearer and various tux rentals for the guests was an outstanding experience from beginning to end. Ed, is extremely particular with every detail attended to. The mother of the brides dress was spectacular, Trish found it on the run way in New York for Mother’s of the Bride. It was from the Montage by Mon Cheri-The Ivonne D Collection. It was stunning. With Sincere Appreciation and Gratitude, Charlene

Reviewed on 7/09/2016 Ashley B

A Magical Bridal Experience Thank You for an unforgettable Wedding Experience! From the moment we walked into the Country Bride and Gent we were greeted with cheerful and professional staff. The bridal consultants: Christine, Flori, Flossie and all the consultants we... Read More encountered made us feel that nothing was more important than helping us select the perfect gown to make my daughters wedding day so special. Trish, the owner, my daughters bridal consultant was amazing. She was professional, patient, cheerful, flexible and fun. Nothing was too much to ask for. She went above and beyond for every detail. Her exquisite selection of designer gowns were hard to choose from, one was more stunning than the other. My daughter was there on multiple occasions trying on dresses and Trish never loss patience with her. She found the dress of her dreams, accessories and a spectacular Two-tier Cathedral bridal veil edged in Swarovski crystals that sparkled on the alter during the nuptial mass. It was breathtaking. The Country Bride and Gent is a full service salon. Our seven bridesmaids could not have been happier. Most of the girls lived out of state. Trish, provided a great experience-quality service, flexibility, great selection and low cost for each of the attendants. The entire groomsmen party met with the owner, Ed. The groom, seven groomsmen, father of the bride, father of the groom, ring bearer and various tux rentals for the guests was an outstanding experience from beginning to end. Ed, is extremely particular with every detail attended to. The mother of the brides dress was spectacular, Trish found it on the run way in New York for Mother’s of the Bride. It was from the Montage by Mon Cheri-The Ivonne D Collection. It was stunning. With Sincere Appreciation and Gratitude, Charlene

Reviewed on 6/22/2016 Jacqueline C

I found the most beautiful wedding dress at this venue. I was over the moon and in love with my dress that was gorgeous and affordable. Then everything went to hell. My dress practically fit it just needed a few things - yet the price was over $500 dollars! And then kept... Read More going up! By the end it was close to $700 in alterations! The alterations were also terribly done. The worst was that they tried to send me home with a less than perfect dress! Two days before my wedding and my dress was a mess. In the end after tears and begging they fixed it. Stay away! My husband also had a terrible experience with the tux rental - after spending some major money we were not treated well. First, everyone who had their tux fitted there (we live 40+ miles away) didn't fit and needed to be fixed! Everyone who just sent in their measurements fit perfectly. Also two days before my wedding my husband went to pick everything up and his tie wasn't there! They said you just need to come back tomorrow - why not call us early and let us know that? Why make us more stressed to have to drive back out? Just terrible service!

Reviewed on 3/12/2016 James C

I was saddened by my experience at the Country Bride and Gent. Upon entering and checking in I was introduced to my bridal consultant whose name escapes me. She did not ask one question about my wedding venue or ideas and began explaining the placement of the dresses prior to my... Read More party arriving back from the bathroom.When I was then asked what types of dresses I liked I had requested to see a variety of styles as it was my first dress shopping experience. My consultant pulled all very similar styles and cuts of dresses. My bridal party attempted to pull variations and the consultant was extremely rude to them. After trying on the first dress I requested to see an a-line dress with beading or crystals ( more sparkle).My consultant again brought in nothing of the kind. She instead attempted to try on several dresses while telling me how they just weren't going to work for me , or would not fit. After trying on her suggested dresses I stated again that I Would like to try on a-line with some bling. My mother pulled several dresses that fit my criteria that the consultant told her would not work and moved them to the back of a pile. At that point a member of my party came in to help me and put on a dress my mother picked that fit amazingly and was the cut and bling that I wanted, one the consultant had stated would not work. The consultant then proceeded to put veils and head bands in my hair carelessly and was pulling my hair out. It was overall and awful experience and I was disappointed that when the consultant thought I may be interested in buying she became nicer and begun asking questions about my venue etc... She was overall rude to my party and myself and it was an unfortunate first dress shopping experience. Perhaps another consultant would provide a better experience.

Reviewed on 2/16/2016 Niki B

The country bride and gent was amazing from the moment we stepped in! Not only were their dresses so reasonable, they have great deals if you end up getting all of your bridesmaids and groomsmen dressed from there as well! We came in way under budget from what we thought we... Read More would have to spend on my wedding dress, and Denise was amazing at alterations! I had so much fun every time I went in, and the dress fit perfect on the day of! The guys tuxes looked SO nice, they were just perfect, as did my bridesmaid's dresses! Everything was so easy there, even returning the tuxes, thank you thank you country bride for making my life so easy!!

Great Service, Great Selection, Great Prices

Reviewed on 1/27/2016 Tara M

I am SO happy I went to the Country Bride! I first fell in love with "the dress" at another store. However, my experience at said store was not too great, and "the dress" was overpriced and over budget. A few weeks later, I walked into my appointment at the Country Bride. The... Read More selection was incredible. I tried on many beautiful dresses. But the thing that shocked me, was that they had The One, and they had it at a fraction of the cost than the other store! I did buy it on sale, but the regular price was still cheaper than the other store for the same dress! We were so pleased with their service and prices, that we got the bridesmaid dresses and tuxes there too! They were so helpful and I would definitely recommend the Country Bride.

Reviewed on 1/02/2016 Cait M

I HIGHLY recommend them! I went in with a style of dress in mind and the associate picked out such an amazing variety of dresses and also the dress I had fallen in love with at another boutique. Not only was she helpful she helped me style myself in my top 2 choices with veils... Read More and jewelry and hair accessories and was never one pushy with trying to sell me their merchandise. I am a pretty laid back bride with very little fashion sence and I could not be more confident in how I will look on my wedding day because of this place. And not to mention how reasonable their prices are

Great experience

Reviewed on 9/08/2015 Chelsea K

Had a great time shopping at Country Bride & Gent. They had an excellent selection and prices seemed more reasonable than other places. My only issue with them was that they ordered the incorrect belt for my dress, and then made a stink about not letting us return it (even... Read More though it was their mistake). We ended up getting a refund, but it did ruin the experience just a bit!

Reviewed on 6/16/2015 Deven W

If I could give less than 1 star I would give that to them. This has been the worst experience buying bridesmaids dresses here. First- They lost the order, then they called me up asking which dresses were ordered, and asking who the dresses were even for. Then they told me I had... Read More to pay for them all in full even tho when we ordered them they told us to put half down then, and the rest when we picked up the dresses. While they were trying the dresses on the woman left and we were left to fend for ourselves. It's not like she was busy and was juggling 5 different people. We were the only ones in the store and she went to sit behind the counter. It was annoying that we had no help in the store trying to get the dresses on and off, trying to get the clips on. Recently, the dresses came in. We weren't called at all. The bridesmaids were sent a post card... The post card stated that the dresses were in and they owed the remainder amount 5 days prior to them even receiving the post card. This place is a joke, less than helpful, and stuck in 1985. They lose orders like it's their job. I'm so thankful I did not purchase my wedding dress from here.

Reviewed on 5/11/2015 Kristine B

I bought my beautiful bridal gown here and I highly recommend this store to anyone. It's busy on the weekends so try and make an appointment during the week! The dresses are reasonably priced and they have a few seamstresses so you can get alterations at the store. They also... Read More hold your gown, veil, and jewelry until the big day which is nice. They steamed my dress the day before my wedding and it looked perfect!

Reasonably priced bridal gown

Reviewed on 2/25/2015 Wind P

I bought my bridal dress here. I had some misses here, especially when it took an hour to get me sized for my dress, when it should take a lot less. We wound up buying the larger size, which turned out to be a mistake because after I got it altered, it felt like it was wearing... Read More the size I originally wanted. I did go somewhere else to get it altered for that reason. I do know that I got a pretty good deal on my dress because there was a lot of beading on it and people tell me they thought it was more expensive than I actually paid for it. One note, they will press your dress for free if you buy your dress there. They do also clean and preserve your dress after you're done with it.

Great Store

Reviewed on 8/30/2014 Nicole S

I had a great experience. I worked with Regina who was so patient and helpful. She actually picked my dress before I even told her what I wanted and it was perfect. I was not interested in the corset back, and she was more than happy to research zipper options and satin buttons... Read More to add. The building may not look totally updated, but their selection of dresses was great! The woman that work here go above and beyond. I loved my veil so much, I wore it all night!

Hmmm...

Reviewed on 5/18/2014 Joelle C

I will start off by saying that getting my wedding dress here (Bensalem) was a good experience. I walked in with my mom on a whim though it was close to time to get a dress. We browsed around for dresses and one of the consultants came and assisted with no appointment. She... Read More asked what we were looking for and pulled out three dresses for me to try that fit the description. The second dress I tried on was the dress! She was very helpful in providing advice and what we might need for alterations and such. After such a good experience I decided to go back with my bridesmaids to get their dresses there. I had set up an appointment and everything. When we all got there we had to look for someone to help us. When we did she stayed in the shadows and did not provide any guidance or assistance. I especially valued to input of someone as all the girls in my party were of different sizes and skin tones. We ended up leaving and getting their dresses at another dress shop in town. Also, when my dress arrived it was at the West Point branch. We made an appointment for a fitting. When we arrived it was packed and it was prom season. We waited for a couple of minutes (which I didn't mind) until someone came to assist us. When I got in the dress, the consultant made it very clear that we were inconveniencing her time by being brief and not being helpful. It was my mom who was noticing what may need altered while the consultant just stood in the background with her arms crossed and nodding. We decided to take care of the alterations ourselves elsewhere.

My Dress

Reviewed on 5/08/2014 Maria S

Nice selection of dresses. I was happy i found the dress of my dreams. But i was not happy that my bustles broke at the start of the night.

Disappointing Experience

Reviewed on 10/21/2013 Kate D

I set up an appt nearly 2 months in advance for Wedding Dress Shopping here with my close female relatives, and was shocked how little attention we received. They barely welcomed us, did not ask many questions, and provided little feedback. It was pretty deflating. On top of... Read More that, there was very little seating and the place was pretty dingy looking. I was surprised to see this considering the reviews I skimmed on here. I just don't want another bride-to-be to go through what we did here.

Start a Conversation!