Country Garden Caterers

Santa Ana, CA

Book Your Wedding with Country Garden Caterers

A BALLROOM IN SANTA ANA, CA

Country Garden Caterers is settled right in the heart of beautiful Santa Ana, California, and is much more than a luncheon or catering hall. This homey atmosphere makes guests feel as if they were at home with rustic, yet tasteful surroundings. First built in 1928, the building has been a staple in the Orange County area for years, and Country Garden Caterers took over and renovated the space in the 1970s. The front of the building features exposed brick, and is part of what is known locally as the "vintage Orange County charm." Country Garden Caterers is home to many special events each year, and is an ideal spot for both a wedding ceremony and its following reception.

The dining area is spacious with a brick facade and terracotta tile flooring. Stained glass windows line the walls, and a mezzanine overlooks an indoor area complete with an alcove and street lamp. The spacious indoor facility is ideal for dining, the wedding band and there is plenty of room for dancing. It also contains an antique oak bar complete with wooden oak stools, and a ceremony area for the wedding vows. This indoor area seats up to 200 guests, and is ideal for a wedding any time of year.

The Country Garden Caterers location is an indoor facility only. Those wishing to plan an outdoor wedding ceremony and reception through Country Garden Caterers are urged to peruse their other venues, such as the Heritage Museum in Santa Ana and the Sea Country Center in Laguna Niguel.

Wedding packages at the Country Garden Caterers include the use of the facility for up to four hours; however, additional hours can be purchased. Bar options are negotiable, and the venue is ABC licensed. Guests can choose either to have a bar with a host, or a no-host bar. Guests are also able to choose between a beer-and-wine-only bar or a full bar.

The menus are thrilling at the facility, and the wedding party has an expansive choice from which to choose, as guests can basically create their own menu. Country Garden Caterers boasts that they can make a menu based on everything from Mexican to Hawaiian. Wedding parties have the ability to be creative with their menus—for example, one could plan a high tea brunch for a bridal shower before the wedding event. The venue provides vegetarian options and children's meals as well.

Guests have liberal choices in decorating as well. The event coordinator working with the Country Garden Caterers is more than happy to plan with the wedding party and choose colors and decorations, but guests are also allowed to decorate themselves. However, the venue asks that no pins, staples, glue or otherwise harmful materials are attached to the venue's furniture or walls.

As part of its commitment to excellence, Country Garden Caterers wants every wedding and event to be enjoyable and memorable. As part of each wedding package, guests have extra perks and amenities available to them, such as:

• Ringing of the Mission wedding bell
  • Dance lighting in the dance area
  • Cascading fruit and cheese display
  • Infused water and lemonade station
  • Wedding cake and cake cutting service provided
  • Champagne and Martinelli's toast
  • Tuxedo-uniformed wedding servers and bartender
  • Bridal "get ready" room available

Check out our $29.95 Facility & Catering Special!

Entrée, Salad & Accompaniments ~ Infused Water & Lemonade Station ~ Cake Cutting ~Servers & Bartender ~ Tables & Chiviari Chairs ~ China Dinner Plate, Silverware & Water Goblet ~ The Beautiful CGC Facility for 4 hours ~ Check our CGC website for more details!

$ – Inexpensive

Ballroom, Historic Venue

719 North Main St., Santa Ana, CA (714) 972-9069

Reviewed on 12/02/2017 Kathy K

Diana is great; was very accommodating of our situation! Everyone loved the food and said it wad the best wedding spread they've seen! Thanks for everything, Diana!

Reviewed on 11/25/2017 Parisa G

I loved this very unique building off of North Main Street in Santa Ana. I did a packaged deal that included the wedding ceremony, the food, the tables, chairs, linens, and drinks. I really liked having everything in one venue because it made it so much easier to coordinate with... Read More all my other venders. Also for an extra free I was able to hire their people as my coordinator which was a great help as I was doing most the planning on my own. Everyone said the food was amazing and loved the decorations that both they and I provided. If your planning a smaller wedding (I had 85 guest, they can accommodate more) and want a more vintage unique vibe then this is the place for you.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Megan D

The best! I got married here 10/8/17 and everything went perfect. My coordinator Patricia was amazing to work with and the crew the day of made everything run smoothly. Also the decor and setup of everything I brought was beautiful. It was everything I wanted. Also, beautiful... Read More and cozy venue, great food, and totally affordable.

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Heather R

We used Country Garden Caterers for our wedding in June 2017 at OC Heritage Museum. Everything about this company is beyond amazing! The food was delicious, the staff was wonderful, and Diana was phenomenal!! Every meeting we had with Diana was so helpful. She goes above and... Read More beyond to make the bride feel at ease, and ensure every detail is perfect. She truly has the eye for this job. The day of the wedding, Diana and the whole Country Gardens team worked incredibly hard to make sure everything went perfectly. All of our guests raved about the food (we had BBQ with brisket and garlic mashed potatoes - YUM!). Since it was a hot summer day, there were plenty of water stations set up for our guests. All of the staff were extremely helpful and accommodating. We can't thank the entire team enough for making our special day that much more amazing! You guys truly are the best! If you are looking for the best in the business, you MUST have Diana Perkins for your wedding. She is absolutely amazing. Her decorations are beautiful, and she bends over backwards to make sure she meets the bride's vision. She has so many extra decorations available, and she even surprised me my bringing even more gorgeous decorations the day of my wedding to make it that much more beautiful. I do not have enough kind words to say about Diana. Thank you, thank you, thank you for everything!

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Kim M

Country Garden caterers did a phenomenal job with our wedding. The pricing was very affordable and the quality of the food is terrific. Our guests were raving about our food the day of the wedding and for weeks to come. Everyone left full and happy! We are so grateful!

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 Kelsie N

My experience with Diana and country garden catering was truly amazing. Her willingness to help and make sure our day was everything we wanted it to be went above and beyond. Not only does this catering company have an amazing leader but everything that came with it far exceeded... Read More our expectations. They have so many decor options to fit your idea so perfectly and they make sure to make your day unique to you. We had an open bar and the alcohol choices were awesome and the bartenders were so professional and very good at that they do. We had the chicken Kiev and it was delectable. The garlic mashed potatoes was a perfect side and the Sonoma salad still has my mouth watering every time I think about it. The catering was very reasonable and was so nice to be a one stop shop for everything we needed. Diana was on top of things and her friendly and caring personality mixed with a touch of sass was an absolute pleasure to work with. Wedding planning is stressful but our catering was not. I highly recommend country garden catering with 5 stars!

Reviewed on 5/20/2017 Sarah M

Great prices, Diana was also our day of coordinator. Extremely pleased with the services and price, thank you!!

Reviewed on 1/13/2017 Sherri M

We chose Country Gardens honestly because it was the most appealing catering company out of the short list the Heritage Museum of Orange County supplied us. We were grateful for the fact they were on that list because they are great. Diana, although very busy, was attentive to... Read More what we needed and made it happen for us. If we needed an adjustment to our contract or had to pay a less than conventional way, she made it work for us. Like I said she was very busy so sometimes we had to remind her, but when wedding season comes around only having to reminded once or twice, I feel is really good! The food was a huge hit with our family and friends. The Chicken Picatta and mashed potatoes were literally some of the best food I have ever had. The cake was epic! It looked like pillow prior to throwing it in my wife’s face, but still was made to the expectations of my wife and I. In addition to the food the open bar was great. Even though we drank out the bar, they were on it with monitoring the service and making sure everyone was safe. All in all, Country Gardens really created an environment along with the Heritage Museum of OC to make our wedding extremely memorable and exciting. I can see why Country Gardens is on that short list for caterers. Things that could have been better was the communication. Whenever we went to Country Gardens Diana was seeing 3 to 4 other couples. It was always rushed and hard to get in times. I felt like maybe she needed an assistant to help take on all the couples. She is extremely knowledgeable in the wedding industry. The prices weren't bad but locking in our contract a little over a year and half we had additional fees like a Bar fee for $200. This was not expected and when we were getting ready to lock int eh 30 days contract before our wedding there was this fee added on. Her responses was "CA requires us to charge this because of liquor." We did not change our liquor package. The package was the same from the beginning but this fee was not. Overall, the place was decorated, the staff was great but the hidden fees i could do without.

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Marijose L

Delicious-ness! This company was truly wonderful! the food was great! the service was wonderful! All of my guests made comments on how great the food was, or how delicious the appetizers were!! I highly recommend the beef brisket! If you get to work with Diana Perkins, you are... Read More really in for a treat! Diana is absolutely the best! very calming, very attentive, very reliable! The entire preparation up to the wedding was a breeze, fun, and easy! She answered every question and worry promptly and very willing to help! The day of, she was amazing! She made my day be the best day ever!

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Gail H

My husband and I renewed our wedding vows after 30 years of marriage. We were looking for an intimate venue for about 100 guests, and were very fortunate to find Country Garden Caterers. The venue was beautiful and the food was delicious! Patricia was so helpful and took... Read More amazing care of us; walking us through every step of the planning process. Our guests complimented us all night on the beautiful venue and wonderful food. Many heartfelt thanks to Patricia and her staff!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Rita E

Dear Country Gardens, I can't thank you enough for everything that you did for my brother's wedding on 10/29/16. Your team was so helpful and the food was amazing. Our guests can't stop raving about the food, and I can't thank you enough for going out of your way to make this... Read More day special for our family. Your lead manager, Chris, was wonderful and so patient with us. Our wedding ceremony started an hour late, and Country Gardens was patient and willing and able to work later than expected. They went with the flow provided exceptional service. I have worked with many caterers, but County Gardens, you continue to blow me away. Patricia was my main contact, and she is AMAZING. Always very professional, so thorough, detailed, and available when I call. Patricia is always there to answer my questions, and work around my request. THANK YOU Patricia, your wonderful! I truly appreciate your time and support. Rita Elias

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Jerrica D

It doesn't get much better than Diana at Country Garden Caters. She did my sisters wedding 6 years ago and now she is handling mine. She is responsive, professional and so helpful. Going through this process with her has taken so much stress off of my family knowing we are going... Read More to be taken care of come the day of the wedding. We are still in planning mode but working with her has been my favorite. She offers new suggestions to help things flow and promptly answers any questions I have. And to top it all off the food is great. I recommend Diana to all of my friends and I know she will be handling my little sisters wedding when it is her turn to get married.

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Lauren A

My wedding venue had the option of (2) caterers, Country Gardens was one of them and I am so incredibly happy that I chose to go with this caterer. I also had Diana as my day of coordinator and let me tell you, BEST decision of my life. She literally does it all and makes your... Read More day so smooth and beautiful. She has so much experience in this industry, that she was there for me with any questions I had. They serve such amazing food with great quality. Usually people say wedding food is just ok, I have never had so many people tell me my dinner at my wedding was so delicious! Her and her staff provide nothing but over the top service! Her facility also hosts some awesome events! I think they hit everything on the checklist. The price is amazing for the quality you get, her staff is so professional and amazing. I can't even say enough how easy she made my life. I could write a novel on the joyful experience I had with this team. Thanks Diana and Country Garden Caterers!!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Katie D

Diana and her team did an amazing job for our wedding this past June. She catered my sister's wedding 7 years prior, so when it came time for our wedding, I knew we had to go with Country Garden Caterers. We were married at Giracci Vineyards, a location with lots of logistics... Read More to figure out, and she handled each one of them flawlessly. She's a ball of energy that helps get everything done and everyone in the right place on your big day, and I could not recommend her services more! On top of that, the food/drinks were delicious, and the rest of the staff were extremely helpful and friendly throughout the entire day. Thanks a million!

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Alejandra L

We were soooo happy with the choice to use Country Gardens! The food was amazing, the staff was great, and they took care of all the details! We got to sit back and enjoy our beautiful wedding! We booked Diana as our wedding coordinator and WOW! She was amazing from the first... Read More day we met her until now, 3 months after our wedding! We are so grateful for her passion and hard work! She really worked with us and made us her priority every time we met with her. I have recommended this caterer to all my friends and especially Diana! Our day was the best day ever and it wouldn't have been that way without the great staff at Country Gardens and DIANA!

Reviewed on 7/31/2016 Selene B

Country Garden Caterers catered my wedding reception in June at the Newland Barn. They did an excellent job! Patricia was my main point of contact and she was knowledgeable, flexible, and always very prompt in her responses. The food was delicious and the staff was very... Read More professional at our reception. This company is definitely a great value. Everything went so smoothly. Thanks a million!

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Christine P

We used Country Garden Caterers for our wedding in May. They were so easy to work with to get exactly what we wanted for our wedding day. They even worked directly with the rentals company for us so that we didn't have to. The set up was beautiful and everything was perfectly... Read More executed the day of. The best decision we made was hiring Diana to also be our day-of coordinator. I am used to being the one who always plans and executes details, so I was nervous to leave things in someone else's hands. I had nothing to worry about. Diana made sure everything was where I wanted it, guarded our sweetheart table so that we got to eat dinner, always made sure we each had a drink in hand, and made sure the whole reception flowed smoothly. Everyone raved about the food, and guests who are also in the wedding industry all complimented Diana for being so on top of things. She's the best around.

Reviewed on 1/09/2016 Chelsea G

It's been almost two months since our wedding and I still have people commenting on how AMAZING the food was!!! Seriously the food, service, set up is the best of the best from Country Garden! The hardest part was deciding between what food to choose after trying so much because... Read More it was all SO SO SO good!!! If you're not sure which caterers to choose at least set up a tasting to try it yourself! I promise you won't be let down! They deserve more than 5 stars for their work!!!

Great Food & Fantastic Service!!

Reviewed on 1/05/2016 Ashley C

Diana and her team were so helpful with all the planning!! They really helped us figure out the best cost for the amount of people we had and what we wanted included. On the wedding day she was very organized which made everything flow smoothly during the reception. The food and... Read More drinks were delicious and everyone enjoyed it!

Magnificent

Reviewed on 12/30/2015 Matthew R

We could not be happier with the service and satisfaction of this company. Everyone at the wedding complimented the food. Kim worked with us to make sure that we had the perfect menu. We were special and wanted our wedding to be the same. We got it. They worked with their... Read More bakers to provide us the armadillo cake, we wanted, as well as the pan dulces. Service was incredible, my husband and I were served a full plate of food and our drink glasses were never empty!. The room set-up, table linens, everything was more than we expected. We would recommend Country Garden Caterers to EVERYBODY. Thank you!

Catering

Reviewed on 12/09/2015 Maggie P

I was forced to used this catering company because of my venue. I was a bit nervous going into it because of the cost. However after doing research they really are decently priced for a wedding caterer. They were very helpful and always made sure to have all my needs met. It was... Read More nice having them deal directly with signature party rentals so I only had to choose what I wanted.

Reviewed on 11/18/2015

From the bottom of my heart, and on behalf of my Bride, and of our families and friends, THANK YOU Diana with Country Garden Caterers for exceeding our expectations, for going ABOVE and BEYOND, and for making our wedding dreams come true! You are so on TOP OF IT while... Read More maintaining such sweet charismatic composure. You gracefully balance the personas of a lioness and of a hummingbird. There is no doubt our friendship will continue as you have made a lasting impression on us and on our families. There is also no doubt that we will be sure to promote and highly recommend you and your team! We love you Diana! Thank you and God bless! Adrian Joseph Bravo & Amber Laugeson

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Don D

From Start to Finish Diana and the Country Garden Staff were Amazing and I would highly recommend them to anyone who is looking to have a worry free experience.

Reviewed on 8/10/2015 Alyssa C

My husband and I got married on July 3, 2015. Thanks to Diana and the Country Garden Caterers team, our wedding was better than we ever could have imagined! First off, the food is incredible and the cost is even better. We had the chicken marsala with mashed potatoes and veggies... Read More for dinner and an artichoke dip and pulled pork sliders for our appetizers. We also ordered our cake through CGC and it turned out beautiful. And it tasted even better than it looked. We also decided to hire Diana as our day of coordinator. If you are like us and have decided to forgo the wedding planner, I would HIGHLY recommend you to hire Diana for your wedding day. She made sure everything went perfectly (and if anything didn't, I never knew about it). We couldn't have asked for a better experience. Diana definitely went above and beyond to ensure our wedding was everything and more.

Reviewed on 7/11/2015 Andrew E

Diana and Country Garden Caterers were amazing. We are so glad we hired Diana to coordinate AND cater our wedding reception on 6/20/15. She did such an amazing job! We looked to Diana for advice on so many topics and Diana always gave us good candid advice. She will never try to... Read More sell you on something that she doesn't believe in -- and this is the groom talking, haha! On our wedding day we had nothing to worry about and our entire setup looked amazing. Diana took care of everything! She did so much in the background on a warm 90 degree day. We paid a little bit extra to have prime rib and we were so happy that we did, it tasted great and our guests couldn't stop talking about it. Diana - thanks for everything from the bottom of our hearts. You made our day exceptionally special.