Country Garden Caterers

Santa Ana, CA

Book Your Wedding with Country Garden Caterers

A BALLROOM IN SANTA ANA, CA

Country Garden Caterers is settled right in the heart of beautiful Santa Ana, California, and is much more than a luncheon or catering hall. This homey atmosphere makes guests feel as if they were at home with rustic, yet tasteful surroundings. First built in 1928, the building has been a staple in the Orange County area for years, and Country Garden Caterers took over and renovated the space in the 1970s. The front of the building features exposed brick, and is part of what is known locally as the "vintage Orange County charm." Country Garden Caterers is home to many special events each year, and is an ideal spot for both a wedding ceremony and its following reception.

The dining area is spacious with a brick facade and terracotta tile flooring. Stained glass windows line the walls, and a mezzanine overlooks an indoor area complete with an alcove and street lamp. The spacious indoor facility is ideal for dining, the wedding band and there is plenty of room for dancing. It also contains an antique oak bar complete with wooden oak stools, and a ceremony area for the wedding vows. This indoor area seats up to 200 guests, and is ideal for a wedding any time of year.

The Country Garden Caterers location is an indoor facility only. Those wishing to plan an outdoor wedding ceremony and reception through Country Garden Caterers are urged to peruse their other venues, such as the Heritage Museum in Santa Ana and the Sea Country Center in Laguna Niguel.

Wedding packages at the Country Garden Caterers include the use of the facility for up to four hours; however, additional hours can be purchased. Bar options are negotiable, and the venue is ABC licensed. Guests can choose either to have a bar with a host, or a no-host bar. Guests are also able to choose between a beer-and-wine-only bar or a full bar.

The menus are thrilling at the facility, and the wedding party has an expansive choice from which to choose, as guests can basically create their own menu. Country Garden Caterers boasts that they can make a menu based on everything from Mexican to Hawaiian. Wedding parties have the ability to be creative with their menus—for example, one could plan a high tea brunch for a bridal shower before the wedding event. The venue provides vegetarian options and children's meals as well.

Guests have liberal choices in decorating as well. The event coordinator working with the Country Garden Caterers is more than happy to plan with the wedding party and choose colors and decorations, but guests are also allowed to decorate themselves. However, the venue asks that no pins, staples, glue or otherwise harmful materials are attached to the venue's furniture or walls.

As part of its commitment to excellence, Country Garden Caterers wants every wedding and event to be enjoyable and memorable. As part of each wedding package, guests have extra perks and amenities available to them, such as:

• Ringing of the Mission wedding bell
  • Dance lighting in the dance area
  • Cascading fruit and cheese display
  • Infused water and lemonade station
  • Wedding cake and cake cutting service provided
  • Champagne and Martinelli's toast
  • Tuxedo-uniformed wedding servers and bartender
  • Bridal "get ready" room available

Check out our $29.95 Facility & Catering Special!

Cascading Fruit & Cheese Display ~ Entrée, Salad & Accompaniments ~ Infused Water & Lemonade Station ~ Cake Cutting ~Servers & Bartender ~ Tables & Chiviari Chairs ~ China Dinner Plate, Silverware & Water Goblet ~ The Beautiful CGC Facility for 4 hours ~ Check our CGC website for more details!

$ – Inexpensive

Ballroom, Historic Venue

719 North Main St., Santa Ana, CA (714) 972-9069

Reviewed on 5/20/2017 Sarah M

Great prices, Diana was also our day of coordinator. Extremely pleased with the services and price, thank you!!

Reviewed on 1/13/2017 Sherri M

We chose Country Gardens honestly because it was the most appealing catering company out of the short list the Heritage Museum of Orange County supplied us. We were grateful for the fact they were on that list because they are great. Diana, although very busy, was attentive to... Read More what we needed and made it happen for us. If we needed an adjustment to our contract or had to pay a less than conventional way, she made it work for us. Like I said she was very busy so sometimes we had to remind her, but when wedding season comes around only having to reminded once or twice, I feel is really good! The food was a huge hit with our family and friends. The Chicken Picatta and mashed potatoes were literally some of the best food I have ever had. The cake was epic! It looked like pillow prior to throwing it in my wife’s face, but still was made to the expectations of my wife and I. In addition to the food the open bar was great. Even though we drank out the bar, they were on it with monitoring the service and making sure everyone was safe. All in all, Country Gardens really created an environment along with the Heritage Museum of OC to make our wedding extremely memorable and exciting. I can see why Country Gardens is on that short list for caterers. Things that could have been better was the communication. Whenever we went to Country Gardens Diana was seeing 3 to 4 other couples. It was always rushed and hard to get in times. I felt like maybe she needed an assistant to help take on all the couples. She is extremely knowledgeable in the wedding industry. The prices weren't bad but locking in our contract a little over a year and half we had additional fees like a Bar fee for $200. This was not expected and when we were getting ready to lock int eh 30 days contract before our wedding there was this fee added on. Her responses was "CA requires us to charge this because of liquor." We did not change our liquor package. The package was the same from the beginning but this fee was not. Overall, the place was decorated, the staff was great but the hidden fees i could do without.

Reviewed on 7/31/2016 Selene B

Country Garden Caterers catered my wedding reception in June at the Newland Barn. They did an excellent job! Patricia was my main point of contact and she was knowledgeable, flexible, and always very prompt in her responses. The food was delicious and the staff was very... Read More professional at our reception. This company is definitely a great value. Everything went so smoothly. Thanks a million!

Reviewed on 1/09/2016 Chelsea G

It's been almost two months since our wedding and I still have people commenting on how AMAZING the food was!!! Seriously the food, service, set up is the best of the best from Country Garden! The hardest part was deciding between what food to choose after trying so much because... Read More it was all SO SO SO good!!! If you're not sure which caterers to choose at least set up a tasting to try it yourself! I promise you won't be let down! They deserve more than 5 stars for their work!!!

Great Food & Fantastic Service!!

Reviewed on 1/05/2016 Ashley C

Diana and her team were so helpful with all the planning!! They really helped us figure out the best cost for the amount of people we had and what we wanted included. On the wedding day she was very organized which made everything flow smoothly during the reception. The food and... Read More drinks were delicious and everyone enjoyed it!

Magnificent

Reviewed on 12/30/2015 Matthew R

We could not be happier with the service and satisfaction of this company. Everyone at the wedding complimented the food. Kim worked with us to make sure that we had the perfect menu. We were special and wanted our wedding to be the same. We got it. They worked with their... Read More bakers to provide us the armadillo cake, we wanted, as well as the pan dulces. Service was incredible, my husband and I were served a full plate of food and our drink glasses were never empty!. The room set-up, table linens, everything was more than we expected. We would recommend Country Garden Caterers to EVERYBODY. Thank you!

Catering

Reviewed on 12/09/2015 Maggie P

I was forced to used this catering company because of my venue. I was a bit nervous going into it because of the cost. However after doing research they really are decently priced for a wedding caterer. They were very helpful and always made sure to have all my needs met. It was... Read More nice having them deal directly with signature party rentals so I only had to choose what I wanted.

Reviewed on 11/18/2015

From the bottom of my heart, and on behalf of my Bride, and of our families and friends, THANK YOU Diana with Country Garden Caterers for exceeding our expectations, for going ABOVE and BEYOND, and for making our wedding dreams come true! You are so on TOP OF IT while... Read More maintaining such sweet charismatic composure. You gracefully balance the personas of a lioness and of a hummingbird. There is no doubt our friendship will continue as you have made a lasting impression on us and on our families. There is also no doubt that we will be sure to promote and highly recommend you and your team! We love you Diana! Thank you and God bless! Adrian Joseph Bravo & Amber Laugeson

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Don D

From Start to Finish Diana and the Country Garden Staff were Amazing and I would highly recommend them to anyone who is looking to have a worry free experience.

Reviewed on 8/10/2015 Alyssa C

My husband and I got married on July 3, 2015. Thanks to Diana and the Country Garden Caterers team, our wedding was better than we ever could have imagined! First off, the food is incredible and the cost is even better. We had the chicken marsala with mashed potatoes and veggies... Read More for dinner and an artichoke dip and pulled pork sliders for our appetizers. We also ordered our cake through CGC and it turned out beautiful. And it tasted even better than it looked. We also decided to hire Diana as our day of coordinator. If you are like us and have decided to forgo the wedding planner, I would HIGHLY recommend you to hire Diana for your wedding day. She made sure everything went perfectly (and if anything didn't, I never knew about it). We couldn't have asked for a better experience. Diana definitely went above and beyond to ensure our wedding was everything and more.

Reviewed on 7/11/2015 Andrew E

Diana and Country Garden Caterers were amazing. We are so glad we hired Diana to coordinate AND cater our wedding reception on 6/20/15. She did such an amazing job! We looked to Diana for advice on so many topics and Diana always gave us good candid advice. She will never try to... Read More sell you on something that she doesn't believe in -- and this is the groom talking, haha! On our wedding day we had nothing to worry about and our entire setup looked amazing. Diana took care of everything! She did so much in the background on a warm 90 degree day. We paid a little bit extra to have prime rib and we were so happy that we did, it tasted great and our guests couldn't stop talking about it. Diana - thanks for everything from the bottom of our hearts. You made our day exceptionally special.

Reviewed on 6/16/2015

My husband and I had our wedding this year at Heritage Museum where Country Garden Caterers is one of the caterers you can choose from. I've had nothing but a fantastic experience with them! I worked mainly with Diana Perkins and her assistant Danielle. Diana is a... Read More Jack-of-all-trades. She was the head coordinator for catering, organized party rentals, AND was my day-of coordinator. Diana is very knowledgeable and good at what she does. She went above and beyond for me from day one. She treated me like family and took care of my husband and I on the day of like a mama bear. Diana broke down all the costs and explained everything to me. She worked hard to help make my reception beautiful while being super conscious and respectful of my budget. I was very particular with my numbers and she was patient each time we met, not pressuring me once to make a decision. She knew I had to go home to make my charts and excel sheets to do a cost analysis haha. When something was too expensive to do for my wedding, she was creative in trying to figure out alternatives. Her assistant, Danielle, is so bubbly and helpful, she was a joy to work with as well! The poor girl ran all around Heritage Museum looking for us for the grand entrance because our photographer/videographers whisked us away to a secluded trail for photos where we lost track of time. She brought us water and didn't make us feel bad for disappearing on everyone. Thank you, Country Garden Caterers! Diana, we can't thank you enough :). I also wanted to shoutout to another event coordinator there, I think his name is Andy (has an Australian accent?). I only met him once while waiting for Diana, but he was so nice and personable that it left a good impression on me.

Reviewed on 5/10/2015 Val L

My husband and I only got married a week ago but we couldn’t wait to write our review to say how wonderful CGC and Diana Perkins were as our caterer and day-of-coordinator. I am still amazed with how perfectly our wedding turned out and how much Diana did behind the scenes to... Read More ensure that we didn’t have to worry about anything! We had our wedding at the Heritage Museum on 5/2/15 and was planning our wedding remotely from the Bay Area. Despite her busy schedule, Diana was great with corresponding through emails/calls and was so accommodating when we were in town to make sure our needs were met and questions were answered. She helped us to stay within our budget and was creative in making sure we got everything we wanted. All her recommendations for other vendors were great (DJ, photobooth, desserts). Diana is so easy to work with and was so flexible with helping with last minute changes and requests, all of which we are so thankful for! With all the anxiety and worries that can occur before the wedding, Diana gave me peace of mind through the entire process leading up to the wedding and of course, the wedding itself. I have never felt as pampered as I did that day! Our guests loved the food (we had prime rib and chicken masala) and felt that the wedding was so well run. Diana- you are so wonderful at what you and we both feel so fortunate to have you and your awesome staff make our wedding day perfect for us!

Reviewed on 5/08/2015 Cynthia C

This review is long overdue! We had our wedding last September at the Heritage Museum of Orange County, had Country Garden Caterers as our food vendor and Diana was our Day of Coordinator. Where do I start…to say that Diana went above and beyond to make our wedding planning... Read More and wedding day a breeze is an understatement. From the first time I met with Diana I felt like I was talking with a friend. and listened to everything we envisioned to help us choose the perfect venue. Diana is a very busy woman but we never felt neglected or like our questions were not answered. Each time we met, whether it was for a tasting or logistics she went over things in detail and if we had questions later we simply emailed her and had a response within 24hrs. A few days before the wedding Diana informed us that she was able to upgrade our chairs to Chivary chairs which made us so happy because it was a detail we really wanted but was out of our budget. Below are the reviews for Diana’s day of coordinator services and for Country Garden Caterers. Day of Coordinator: Diana and her assistant did an amazing job on our big day! Diana made sure we had nothing to worry about and because of this we were able to actually enjoy our day to the fullest. Our décor was perfectly placed and Diana did a wonderful job repurposing flowers used for our ceremony. She made sure we sat down to eat without interruptions and more importantly that we always had a drink in our hands! Diana even left a great impression on our family and guests; we heard nothing but nice comments from our guests in regards to their interactions with her. Country Garden Caterers: All the food we had during our tasting was delicious, and in the end we went with the chicken piccata, grilled vegetables and mashed potatoes. We also had a fruit spread and cheese/cracker spread during the cocktail hour. Everything was served buffet style and tasted great, our guests raved about the food as well as the service from all employees working that night. All in all we couldn't have asked for more. Till this day our guests comment on what a great time they had and how amazing everything looked. Thank you Diana, if it was not for all you did for us our wedding would have not been the same!

Our happily ever after …

Reviewed on 2/21/2015

I am a controlling-micromanaging-perfectionist-wanna-be freak so when I found out the wedding venue I wanted had an exclusive contract with Country Garden Caterers, boy o boy did was I in a conundrum. Not only were we on a tight budget but we wanted great and ample food, an... Read More open bar, and excellent service too. Country Garden Caterers met all our needs and then some – several of our guests have praised us on how excellent food, drink, and service was. Specifics: Diana - she is a crazy busy woman but she always responded within 48 to emails and 24 hours to text or calls. She is very energetic, peppy and was great throughout the whole entire 18 month planning so much so I hired her as my day of coordinator (DOC). We were so grateful she was our DOC, she put up with my crazy, needy, entitled family and friends. As well as made sure we (bride and groom) were fed, well hydrated with vodka, and the day was on schedule. I was able to trust her judgment and expertise to let her take control on the day of and the wedding turned out amazing. If you are more OCD than me, just let Diana know and she will totally make accommodations. Sometimes you have to remind her more than once though. Food - cocktail (appetizers) hour, sit down dinner with prime rib or salmon. Bar - premium package for five hours and she let me bring my own pickles to go with the vodka! Ceremony and Reception – used signature rental via Diana and she handles the set up and clean up. Everything was provided by Country Garden Caterers except DJ, cake, photobooth, floral, photographer, videographer, wedding insurance, stationary, and venue & decor.

The food was amazing!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2014

Country Garden Caterers was recommended to me by my mother. They had done some catering for her company events and said they were awesome. We hired them for our wedding at the Fullerton Arboretum. I also hired Diana for my Day of Coordinator and used her decorating services as... Read More well. She was awesome. The food was AMAZING. All of our family and friends said the meat was cooked perfectly. We had chicken and steak for our guests and they were delicious. They also make THE BEST garlic mashed potatoes. The green beans were very fresh and everyone was obsessed with the Sonoma Salad. I already had one friend who is getting married next year ask for their contact number. Diana has her sh*t together. She is on top of EVERYTHING! She made sure we ate during the reception so we didn't get sick but also made sure our glasses were never empty. She was really focused on us the day of our wedding. I will update my review once I receive pictures because our decorations were FLAWLESS. Overall, a great experience with them!

Caterer/Wedding Coordinator

Reviewed on 6/30/2014 Laura R

Country Garden Caterers food is amazing! Everything came out terrific for the day of the wedding. Diana was on top of it. She was not only in charge of the catering, but also my day of coordinator and she handled everything perfectly. She was always in constant communication... Read More with us and we couldn't have imagined it any better. I was so pleased with their services, the quality of the food, the pricing, and the professionalism. Thank you!!

chairs

Reviewed on 6/30/2014 Lindsay L

Terrible communication. I had to try and contact Diane multiple times throughout the year. THe only time she was ever "on top" of emails was when she wanted my money. I was stuch using this company because there is an agreement between them and Heritage Museum. If I had a... Read More choice, I would have never used them.

2014-07-01T16:19:18 Response from the vendor

I am so very sorry to hear your experience with us did not meet your expectations. As with all our clients, I hope you know that we strive to provide the best service possible and will do everything in our power to accommodate and service... Read Less Read More

MORE than I had dreamed

Reviewed on 4/02/2014 Angie G

My wedding was perfect! It was perfect because Diana made it perfect. She saw my vision for my wedding and helped my vision become reality. She really went above and beyond to make sure my day was extra special. She stepped up not only with helping me with my rentals but helped... Read More with my décor and with some of my catering. I was so pleased with everything. I was at ease most of the day because I knew that Diana had things under control. Thank you Diana for making our wedding perfect! Everything was absolutely beautiful. I loved it! xoxo

Amazing Service and Delicious Food

Reviewed on 12/29/2013 Danielle C

Well guests who attended our wedding are still raving about how delicious the food was! It really was! They did a beautiful job w/ setting up and clean up and the food was just exquisite and I am so happy I went with them. By far the best food I tasted during all those tastings... Read More my fiancé and I did and to top it off their prices are incredibly reasonable! Great service and great food that your guests will talk about for weeks and months to come, what more can you ask for!

Our perfect day...

Reviewed on 10/28/2013 Clare C

Our wedding was perfect and we could not have had such a wonderful day without Diana and her crew at Country Garden Caterers. Our venue, Heritage Museum of Orange County, utilizes their services and I can definitely see why! The food is so delicious (our guests are still talking... Read More about it). They also provided our tables, chairs, linens, etc. Everything looked beautiful and elegant. Diana definitely knows her stuff. She was so easy to work with and helped our day run smoothly. We also had our rehearsal dinner at Country Garden Catering in Santa Ana. My husband and I would definitely would refer them to our family and friends! Country Garden Caterers is AWESOME!

Excellent Food, Service and Creativity

Reviewed on 7/05/2013 Nicolette M

I just got married at The Heritage Museum of Orange County and Country Garden Caterers did an amazing job. Diana Perkins is the best wedding planner/day of coordinator I could have asked for and everything the day of ran so smoothly.Diana helped create a beautiful and unique... Read More celebration. She had great ideas and helped us stay within our budget. The food was so delicious and every guest raved about it.We also had them do the cake, and they put together a really cute table with six different cakes(all different and very delicious) I had a perfect night thanks to them. The drinks were also delicious and the service was great. They were so efficient in decorating everything and moving quickly throughout the night. I highly recommend them!

Great venue, service & food

Reviewed on 3/13/2013 Lisa C

We held our wedding at Country Garden's venue in Santa Ana this past February. We received countless compliments on the venue (sooo charming!), the service, and the food (delicious!!)...and they were so affordable. We were on a tight budget and were getting discouraged trying... Read More to find a venue in Orange County and we're so glad we found Country Garden. All of our guests were impressed and the place looked absolutely beautiful. Kelly was wonderful too and provided great advice on everything wedding related. We were so pleased with our choice!

They Made our Wedding!

Reviewed on 10/12/2012 Melissa S

I can't say enough good things about Country Garden Caterers. We worked with Kelly. She is amazing. After spending weeks looking for a caterer & site that would fit in my budget I was stressed & emotional. After 5 minutes on the phone with Kelly I knew it was all going to be... Read More ok. She helped us find a venue that we LOVED. We were able to have the wedding of our dreams within our budget. We also hired her as a day of coordinator because she is so fantastic. Kelly is super sweet, helpful & genuine. She is a Budget Brides Best Friend. She has great ideas & helped us set up everything from table arrangements to suggestions on linins. Our guests could not stop saying how amazing she is & they had only met her that day! Country Garden is great to work with! They are even better if you go through them for multiple things like we did. They helped us arrange our rentals & took care of our wedding cake (which was not only great looking but tasted great) I'm not usually a fan of wedding cake but this cake was delicious we even had some the next day with brunch :) The food is yummy and we have not stopped getting compliments on how great it was. We went with the Tequila lime Chicken, Jack Daniels Tri Tip, Garlic Mashed potatoes, Bourbon Carrots & Caesar Salad. Delicious delicious delicious!!! The wine selections are very good & they were so helpful in getting the beer that my husband wanted. The servers & staff from Country garden were great they were always attentive & friendly. We also when through Country Garden for our Wedding DJ. Chris was great; he is very organized & was able to help us walk through the whole process with ease. A DJ can make or break a wedding & Chris helped make our wedding. I really cannot say enough about him. To sum it all up if you want great service, good food, & friendly people Country Garden is the place to go! We are so glad that we found them & we are already starting to look at hiring them again for office parties for our jobs!

Summer Wedding

Reviewed on 9/07/2012 Nancy M

Country Garden Caterers is required for weddings at the Heritage Museum of Orange County. This is a really good thing! The food is excellent and plentiful. The selection is very good and the staff is friendly and efficient. My daughter's wedding was in August this year. We had... Read More the roast beef and chicken marsala as main courses. Delicious! The garlic mashed potatoes were excellent as well. I was too busy running around to have any appetizers but our guests raved about the shrimp, meatballs and fruit. The smartest thing we did was hire Diana (she works for Country Garden) as our day-of coordinator. She was amazing and kept things running smoothly the whole day. Not a snag anywhere. Even with the warm weather, she made sure the guests were well cared for and water and beverages were plentiful. I don't know how she did it, but she was in the right place at the right time, every time for the bride and groom as well! How you pamper someone at a wedding I'll never know, but she did it! I wouldn't change a thing, especially hiring Diana.