I tell stories through photographs!

I absolutely love weddings and photographing couples in love! I promise to give you classy, fun, and artistic photos that wont go out of style.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

I love this gal!!

Reviewed on 9/27/2013 Audra W

As soon as we got engaged, my husband and I began planning our wedding. Knowing that we are both quite indecisive I knew that if we didn't start early, we might never have the wedding we wanted. We had met with a few other local photographers, and liked their work, but... Read More really wanted to "click" with the person who was capturing this memorable event. Also, since we had a year to plan, we REALLY wanted to walk away with zero wedding debt. After procrastinating for far too long (2 months), we were referred to Courtney Bowlden Photography by my friend, who just happens to be Seattle's BEST Wedding Planner, Simply By Tamara Nicole. Even though Courtney lived in Bellingham, she was going to be in our area and so we decided to set up a casual meeting. I loved her right from the start!!! She has such a warm and fun personality that I cannot imagine her not "clicking" with everyone she meets! She took at least an hour to go over the different packages she has, show us the Story Books, and an added bonus...SHE HAS A SECOND PHOTOGRAPHER, included in her package price. You get two for the price of one! I love that we have pictures of our ceremony from different angles. She was fantastic on instructing us how to look natural, and even got in some shots that we didn't think she'd notice...those fun "husband to be teasing his soon to be bride." Courtney truly captured this special day and I find myself showing everyone my photos with pride. I would thoroughly recommend Courtney Bowlden Photography...you will love her!

Reviewed on 9/04/2017

Courtney did an excellent job with our wedding photos, we love them! She is also super fun and friendly, we felt really comfortable with her (and we aren't the most camera friendly people, ha). We are very impressed with our photos and her creativity, and we also really loved... Read More how she worked with our requests! Highly recommend her for personality, style, beautiful photos and ease to work with! Thanks so much Courtney!

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Neena K

My (now) husband and I spent more hours looking for the right photographer than anything else for our wedding, and I'm glad to say the hours paid off! Courtney was absolutely the right photographer! Her style is the perfect blend of classic and modern and she is also the best... Read More value we could find for such high quality photos. She was super speedy - we had photos from our full wedding weekend exactly 1-month after our wedding, and we got married in the height of summer wedding season! I also had done a boudoir session with Courtney, and she makes it totally comfortable and, I might even say, FUN! Thanks Courtney!

Reviewed on 8/25/2017 Shawna S

Courtney is one of a kind. I'm so thankful I accidently found her through a random vendor list. Over the year we've "worked" together in over three shoots and they were such a blast. Courtney quickly calms nerves and turns the experience into an easy one. Our pictures showed up... Read More quickly and were beyond perfect. Everything was bright, light and happy capturing the real feelings of joy we had during the day. We highly recommend working with Courtney for all your wedding photography needs!

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Rebecca B

Courtney did my wedding photos and she was fabulous! She was very easy to work with and I loved her creativity! She was professional, fun, and easygoing. She helped make our day very special and I love her work!!! I highly recommend Courtney and her amazing talents!

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Ashley S

I was not only a bride, but am also a Seattle based wedding planner. I know how important photos are after all is said and done and that is why I chose her as my photographer. She always does amazing work. After a quick turnaround time on my photos, I was absolutely thrilled... Read More with how they turned out. So many good ones! Courtney and Kelsey are so easy to work with, laid back but take charge when they need to be. I highly recommend Courtney to everyone!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Madeline J

Courtney was a great addition to our team. Courtney and her assistant Kelsey were upbeat, positive, and led us through our day with ease. We loved how our photos turned out, both wedding and engagement. They worked well with our videographer although they had never met before.... Read More Would highly recommend Courtney to anyone I know!

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Emily

Courtney is incredible! Photography was one of the most important aspects of our wedding, as far as vendors and logistics go. It was important that we found not only a quality photographer, but also someone we (and our puppy) got along with. Courtney exceeded our expectations!... Read More We worked with her for our engagement and wedding. For our engagement session, she came to our home and captured us in our element. She worked with me through wedding planning and went out of her way to help with non-photography items too. For our wedding, her and her assistant Kelsey captured so many marvelous moments! They are both kind, friendly, outgoing enough to make anyone feel comfortable, yet able to blend in to let the bride and groom and family have our intimate ceremony and celebration. We love how our pictures turned out! She captured the moments I requested and of course many more! We were so happy that her and Kelsey are dog people that loved on our puppy and included her in photos. Courtney captures fleeting facial expressions, stunning scenery, and incorporates texture with a beautiful use of light. We are looking forward to staying in touch and working with her again in the future.

Reviewed on 2/21/2017 Amanda F

If you're thinking about hiring Courtney as your wedding photographer, DO IT! You won't regret it! Courtney was an absolute pleasure to work with throughout the wedding planning process and the pictures that we got back from both our engagement session and wedding day are the... Read More best! Both my husband and I loved working with Courtney and would recommend her to anyone planning an upcoming wedding.

Reviewed on 2/09/2017 Jenna T

I honestly can’t say enough positive things about Courtney. She is fabulous. Her outgoing personality is contagious and her genuinely sweet nature makes the idea of getting photographed fun and comfortable. My now husband was not excited about getting engagement photos but 5... Read More minutes into our 30 minute photoshoot – he actually said “this is fun”. I couldn’t believe how many photos we were able to get in that timeframe. Courtney is quick, efficient and full of ideas. I was able to put together an entire guestbook album from our 30 minute session where no shot looked the same. After seeing our engagement photos I had two friends immediately email her to do their family photos. Courtney on our wedding day was like a breath of fresh air. I felt so comfortable and just knew she had this. It was like having another friend in the room. Leading up to the wedding she checked in on me and was quick to answer and reassure me of any questions I had. She was more than just a photographer, she in a way, acted as a coordinator by looking over my schedule to ensure the day and what I had planned looked “right”. If anyone knows how a wedding should flow it’s your photographer! I can’t end this review without also mentioning how amazing Courtney’s assistant was. She (without asking) put on all the groomsmen’s boutonnieres, corralled the bridal party and offered to give me her coat between photos - in January! My husband and I will 100% use Courtney for future family photos and continue to recommend her to all our friends. She really is so fun, so sweet and so talented.

Reviewed on 12/30/2016 Dianne R

Courtney and her team are so fun to work with and her pictures are absolutely stunning! She made us feel so comfortable posing together, in front of her and her camera and we had a blast exploring the new locations she suggested for our photo shoots. She is fun, happy, cheerful... Read More and loves to laugh, which is exactly what my fiance and I needed to feel like ourselves in front of the camera. We truly feel like she brought out the best in us and captured that on film forever. We are so happy Courtney shot our big day. I recommend her with the highest possible confidence and trust to any couple who has photography as a priority on their list!

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Lacey N

Courtney and her additional photographer captured our day even better than how I remember it. If you haven’t found your photographer, definitely check out her website and work. I’m so impressed with her talent, attention to detail, and responsiveness. She also took our... Read More engagement photos, which I would highly recommend to any couple planning to get married. My husband isn’t too warm on taking photographs and it allowed us the opportunity to get to know her before our wedding and make him a bit more comfortable. Everything was wonderful, from beginning to end. I wish I could do it all again and I"m so happy to have BEAUTIFUL photos to look back on our special day!

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Katie H

Courtney was seriously amazing! She was always professional and on top of her game. Not only that but was really quick at responding to emails, which was very helpful when you are trying to get wedding planning stuff done. She made my fiancé and I feel totally comfortable. We... Read More were both in love with our engagement pictures and our wedding pictures. I shopped around for a while trying to book a photographer and it felt like everyone was overpriced and we would only get them for 6 hours tops + additional money for every hour as well as only 1 photographer. But Courtney was really reasonably priced and we had her there the entire night with a second photographer. She got our wedding pictures back to us just a few days over a month which we were totally not expecting since we got married during the busy season. I would definitely recommend Courtney! She was so easygoing and relaxed, and really friendly. Thank you again Courtney!!

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 Katie S

Courtney was so wonderful to work with! She was incredibly responsive and above-and-beyond flexible and accommodating. She is so easy to work with and made us both feel really comfortable. Not to mention that the photos are GORGEOUS! I can't recommend her highly enough.

Reviewed on 8/20/2016 Jordyn C

We cannot say enough amazing things about Courtney!! I am very picky when it comes to photography and from the moment I saw Courtney's work I fell in love! Not only does she take INCREDIBLE pictures but she is also the sweetest, friendliest person you will ever meet. You will... Read More feel like best friends in minutes! She is super quick at responding and very flexible. After we met Courtney for the first time my husband who usually doesn't have a strong opinion said "I really liked her I think she is going to be the best photographer for our wedding!" So we did and I can tell you we will never regret that decision. We are not super comfortable in front of the camera and we had so much fun at our engagement session and wedding! The day of our wedding and the next day everyone was talking about how incredible of a photographer Courtney was and they hadn't even seen the photos yet! We have received one sneak peak picture so far (we got married a week ago) and let me tell you we are blown away by it! We cannot even wait to see the rest!! She also had the sweetest second photographer that we both adored. Our day could not have gone better and we truly think Courtney is a huge reason for that! Book Courtney you will be SO happy you did!!!

Reviewed on 6/24/2016 Cindy B

Courtney was AWESOME!!! Very professional, efficient, sweet, and just a pleasure to work with. The photographs are absolutely stunning!!! Would hire her again in a second!!! I feel we were lucky to have her!!

Reviewed on 6/22/2016 Beau K

Courtney is so fun to work with! She made my husband and I feel so comfortable and captured our day beautifully! Her assistants were amazing as well. She had all of our photos back to us within three weeks and they look GREAT. I would recommend Courtney to anyone. If you love... Read More romantic and classic photos as well as some fun, artistic, and modern poses, she is the photographer for you! She does it all. Thanks Courtney for such great photos.

Reviewed on 6/19/2016 Paige W

Courtney is absolutely incredible. She is so sweet, genuine, and seriously hilarious. She did our engagement photos as well as our wedding photos and I was nearly in tears at the end of our wedding because I don't know when we'll see her again. The first time I met her I felt... Read More like I'd met my new best friend. Her assistant Kassidy is just as fun and kind as she is. I honestly couldn't imagine a better duo to hang out with for 8+ hours on my wedding day--I don't think there is one. Aside from her amazing personality, Courtney is ridiculously talented. We haven't seen our wedding pictures yet but our engagement pictures turned out beautifully. I cannot say enough about Courtney and Kassidy. Courtney replies to emails extremely quickly which is another huge plus in hiring her as your photographer. I could go on and on about how amazing she is. You will not be disappointed if you book her. She is simply the best.

Reviewed on 6/19/2016

Courtney is amazing and is truly interested in making the couple shine!!!

Reviewed on 3/27/2016 Donald G

Courtney and her dream team are exactly that - a DREAM come true! Not only is the final product amazing but Courtney makes the process leading up to your wedding a breeze. She is so easy to work with, she makes you feel comfortable, and then delivers beautiful photographs that... Read More you will treasure forever. Plus, she's hilarious - an added bonus during the stress and nerves of the wedding day! It was an easy choice going with Courtney for our wedding and we would pick her again, over and over.

Beautiful Photos!

Reviewed on 1/31/2016

Courtney Bowlden and her assistant were so incredibly easy to work with, and right from our first meeting we felt comfortable with them. Our flower order didn't arrive, and we had a crazy morning throwing our timeline off big time. She was flexible with start time and dealing... Read More with us running around like crazy to squeeze in photos before the ceremony. Due to the time, we weren't able to shoot photos where we wanted, but she was quick to suggest other beautiful locations. In addition, after a long day of shooting, she even accompanied us to our late afterparty 30 min away to capture a few last photos. We love our photos and highly recommend Courtney for future brides!! We will definitely use her again for other family events. :D

Great!

Reviewed on 1/27/2016 Elisa G

Courtney and her team were great! They helped us make the day special and captured photos we will have forever!

Reviewed on 1/21/2016 Paola Q

Courtney and Francys were an amazing duo at our wedding. From the get-go, my husband and I loved Courtney's vibe, she was sincere, down to earth, and open to suggestions. She was able to capture the photos we wanted for our engagement shoot and despite the weather on our wedding... Read More day (terrible rain), she was creative and accommodating. I love that she has an assistant who is not only a gem but also focuses on the details (rings, shoes, behind-the-scenes) while Courtney is able to focus on the bigger picture, they truly compliment each other and the end product, we're more than pleased and thankful for having them take part in our special day. Courtney and Francys we are blown away by the images and can't stop looking at them. Can't wait to see the album. Thanks for being a wonderful photographer and day-off therapist and mediator :)

So much fun

Reviewed on 11/04/2015 Kayla T

Courtney is so awesome. I have yet to see my entire wedding album but from the one picture in our sneak peek... I am in love! She and her sidekick were so easy to work with and totally planned well on their toes when they were trying to select a perfect fall scene for our first... Read More look. She maid my now husband and I feel so good in front of the camera and all during the ceremony and wedding. You need a photographer that can both mesh well with you and your s/o and also value your day-of schedule and keep you on track. Hands down, never skimp out on photographer and find someone who gets your style/shots/and vibe! She was a little over our budget but she fit the bill for all three of the things I listed above :)

Loved Courtney and Francys!

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Laura E

Courtney and her second photographer, Francys, were the perfect wedding photographers for us! They have fantastic personalities and were able to put us at ease. Once the wedding began, I didn't even notice them snapping away. Not only did we get beautiful poses and framing, they... Read More shot many candid photos which captured true emotion and personality. We love the clean and pure editing as well. We are so happy with our photos and will cherish them for the rest of our lives. Memories fade, but these photos will help us relive our wedding day over and over again. I highly recommend Courtney Bowlden Photography. Courtney is responsive before, during, and after. You will get great service and beautiful pictures for a reasonable price. I wouldn't hesitate to hire her again for a "trash the dress" or maternity shoot in the future!

Courtney Bowlden

Hello! I am an international wedding photographer who specializes in photographing couples in love. I absolutely love weddings and love being able to tell stories through photographs. I love to travel and enjoy new places. I am a mother of 2 and have been happily married since 2003. I love being a photographer and a mother. It definitely balances me out and makes me better at both jobs. I love making new friends, going to movies (I love artsy films) and listening to music. I am a dog lover and would own a ton of dogs if my husband let me. Nothing makes me happier than my family and friends.