Courtney Carolyn Photography

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

All of Michigan, Chicago, & Destinations Beyond (810) 689-1207

Reviewed on 3/29/2017 Lindsay M

We cannot thank Courtney enough for how amazing and beautiful our pictures turned out! We have gotten so many compliments on them thanks to her! She's so sweet, patient, and really makes an effort to get to know you and your style before the big day. I highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 3/28/2017 Rachel B

Working with Courtney (and Scott) was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! We are so happy with the whole process! Planning was fun and stress-free thanks to Courtney’s organizational skills, attention to detail, and sincere interest in making our wedding day the... Read More best it could possibly be. We did not ever have to worry about missing things in terms of wedding photography, because Courtney was on top of it! She even helped with other aspects, such as our overall timeline for the day. On our wedding day, Courtney captured so many perfect moments – both planned shots and plenty of candid, unplanned shots too. All of the photos and the photo album that Courtney provided us were so, so beautiful and such high quality. We are extremely happy with the whole experience and we would 100% recommend Courtney. We also did an engagement session with Courtney before the wedding and highly recommend that too. It was a great opportunity to get to know her and get comfortable in front of the camera. The pictures turned out so great as well and we were able to use them for several wedding-related things! Thank you Courtney for everything - you definitely helped make our wedding day a success! :)

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Alex B

Courtney was a dream to work with! My husband and I wanted a photographer who could do our engagement photos in Ann Arbor and our wedding photos in Benton Harbor. Courtney was more than happy to travel to our wedding destination 3 hours away! When we met her for our consultation... Read More I could tell she loves her job. She is very enthusiastic and easy to get along with. Courtney is one of those rare people who is extremely organized and helpful with planning your timeline, but she is also easy going and able to go with the flow when things inevitably don't go as planned. It was great having a photographer who helped ease my wedding stress instead of adding to it! We recently received all of our wedding photographs... they are amazing. We can't stop smiling!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Jenny W

Courtney was an amazing photographer and person to work with. From our initial meeting, we knew we wanted to work with her for our wedding. We first did our engagement session which was a great way to see her photography style and for us as a couple to get comfortable in front... Read More of the camera. As we prepared for the wedding, the thing I was so happy about was how organized Courtney was in helping us prepare for our wedding photos. She had us fill out a worksheet and she created a timeline to make sure that we would fit in all of our photos that we wanted on our wedding day. I couldn't be happier with how organized she was, which lead to a great photo session the day of the wedding. Her assistant, Scott, helped to make things go smoothly with all the family photos, making sure our timing was good, and even helping to fluff out my train on my wedding dress. Courtney was amazing to work with throughout the entire process, answering all our questions and concerns. We absolutely love our photos and have received many compliments on how great they turned out. I couldn't be happier with our decision to hire Courtney, as the photographer plays such an important role on your wedding day. I would recommend Courtney to any other bride as she is so friendly, talented, and easy to work with! :)

Reviewed on 8/10/2016

I wish I could rate Courtney higher than five stars! From the very beginning, she was organized, enthusiastic, and was very aware of what we wanted. She made sure that we had everything we needed in terms of a timeline for the day of, a list of photographs that were "must-haves"... Read More for us, and answers to all of our questions. She walked us through everything step by step and the timeline was invaluable on our wedding day so we knew exactly where we needed to go and what she needed from us. She structured us to make sure we had amazing pictures, but gave us the freedom to be ourselves and let our relationship shine through the pictures. Our final pictures are simply breathtaking! Even after the wedding, Courtney posted sneak peeks right away, and we got the final pictures quickly. I HIGHLY recommend Courtney Carolyn Photography. She captured each moment perfectly, and we couldn't have asked for a better photography experience. THANK YOU!!!

Reviewed on 8/10/2016

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Emily H

Courtney was definitely the one vendor we hired that we didn't have to worry about at all. She is so organized, and checked in on us throughout the whole planning process. She made us feel like we were well taken care of the whole time! We've only seen a couple pictures from the... Read More wedding so far, but they are so gorgeous and she is such a talented photographer, I cannot wait to see more! Her and Scott were so great on the wedding day, any hiccups throughout the day, they just rolled with the punches. I am so glad we hired Courtney, she was absolutely wonderful to work with! I cannot say enough good things about her, I would recommend Courtney Carolyn Photography to anyone!

Reviewed on 7/30/2016 Alexis A

Words can't describe how wonderful Courtney is as a photographer (and now a life long friend). When I was on the search for an engagement/wedding photographer it was Courtney who provided everything under the moon for my husband & I. She took the time to get to know us on a... Read More personal level as well as took interest in our love story. I had many conversations with Courtney on things that I liked for an engagment shoot but left it up to her to do the magic and guide us in the right direction. During our shoot, my husband & I felt so comfortable and had such a wonderful time with Courtney. Our pictures turned out FABULOUS and we were thrilled to have her capture our wedding day as well. I have never gotten so many compliments on photographs in my life by friends and family. The day of our wedding was absolutely magical and I can't thank Courtney enough for capturing our day and giving us beautiful memories to keep. I had tears in my eyes after viewing the blog post of our wedding. It was incredible that she captured not only our day from start to finish, but wrote some very beautiful words as well. She continues to amaze me with each post that I see. I wouldn't dream of having anyone else photograph my husband and I. Thank you Courtney for being a fabulous photographer and friend to Alan & I. We hold you dear to our heart, xox!

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Erin M

Courtney Carolyn Photography was a dream to work with and was a great photographer for our wedding. We met with Courtney several times in the months leading up to the wedding and were always immediately put at ease. She is so very talented, and her work is impeccable. She also... Read More is very organized, which made our wedding day photography seamless. Courtney is so wonderful and I cannot recommend her highly enough to photograph your big day!

Perfect Wedding Photographer!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Kara M

I have no regrets and not one complaint in hiring Courtney for my wedding photographer. She is great at what she does! After reviewing other photographers and comparing prices, hers was the best of everything. For the number of hours she does for the price, it's absolutely the... Read More best deal I could find, especially with the quality work she does.(she even has a helper which normally costs more) Courtney is very organized and plans the entire photography timeline to a tee; from getting ready, to the ceremony, to the reception. She worked with me in every way so we were always on the same page, and constantly kept in touch. The photos turned out amazing, even better than I imagined. My wedding was captured perfectly. When I saw the photos I was in shock, half the time I didn't even know she was there taking the pictures-she blended in so well and there weren't any distractions as far as camera flashes or her "getting in the way". Aside from being a great photographer, she is super friendly and nice and just a great person overall. She truly loves what she does. I can't say enough how happy I was(and my husband..and everyone for that matter!)with how well she did and how great she was at capturing every important detail...also all of the fun and memorable moments of everyone laughing and dancing and having a great time. I would recommend her to anyone and will absolutely hire her again for any of my photography needs! (I know i'll need more in the future!) Thank you again Courtney, I couldn't have asked for a better photographer!! Everything was amazing!

Perfectly captured our wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Katie K

I couldn't be happier that we chose Courtney Carolyn Photography for our wedding. I had researched and priced dozens of Metro-Detroit area photographers, some outside the area as well. Once I had spoken with Courtney over the phone, I immediately knew she would be a great... Read More fit. She is very easy going, pleasant, and professional at the same time - a perfect package. Her payment options are a great bonus, she is priced very reasonably- and the payment process is very easy. She is flexible and easy to contact, which was a great draw for me. She was so very helpful throughout the entire process- providing helpful advice through her blogs, and a wedding day timeline for her photography services, it was one less thing I had to worry about on our big day. Being that she is the owner and photographer, she really is dedicated to her reputation and clients satisfaction with the photos she provides. She took the time to get to know our personal background and stories, it really does make a difference that she truly cared about knowing us, I feel it helped her capture us in a natural way. We never felt awkward or as if we had to be posed, we felt free to enjoy our wedding day in the way we wanted. Courtney captured all the moments from the day we were truly looking forward to keeping forever, as well as the moments we could not witness in person (as the day flew by!) We have received many many compliments from the photos from both family and friends, Courtney is truly talented! I would recommend her to any bride and groom to be!

Everything We Hoped For and More

Reviewed on 4/09/2015 Brooke L

I'm so happy I found Courtney in my search for a wedding photographer! She was prompt at returning my emails, friendly, reliable, and a joy to have at my wedding. Our pictures turned out absolutely beautiful, and my husband and I are so grateful. This is a highly skilled... Read More photographer at a great price. Thank you so much for bringing our memories to life! Will be recommending to family and friends, and will certainly be calling her again to document our next major event.

High Quality and Personal Service

Reviewed on 12/22/2014 Laura O

Courtney provides high quality photography at a great rate. She puts her passion in to her work and builds a personal connection with her clients. This personal connection allows her to capture what the couple really wants and desires matched with their unique style and... Read More personality.

You can count on Courtney

Reviewed on 12/12/2014

My husband and I had an intimate family oriented ceremony. Courtney was unobtrusive and captured some amazing moments of us just being us. She was so respectful of how low key we wanted this step in our lives to be. We will be calling her again for any other major events, you... Read More can be sure!