Civil Union, Commitment Ceremony, Second Wedding

Religious Affiliations

Catholic, Christian, Interfaith, Jewish

El Cajon, CA Serving San Diego (619) 977-9834

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Kellyn A

I could not have asked for a better officiant. For me the ceremony it was the most important part of the wedding, and I wanted to have something that it would make people emotional but also make people laugh, and with Craig we just got it all, he had the right words for all the... Read More moments and our guests loved it. It was super easy to work with Craig he responds fast which I know as a bride we really appreciate that, he is so charismatic and sweet and funny. We had two meetings with him and all of them helped us design the ceremony of our dreams. My husband and I are not super religious we do believe in God and follow kindness and love every step in life but I was hesitant to hire a pastor and be forced to have a more traditional ceremony with lots of bible reading and bible references. But Craig listened to what type of ceremony we were looking for and just gave us the perfect amount of blessing exactly what we were looking for which amazed me how in tune with our wishes he was. Thank you Craig for making our day ultra special.

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Alyssa C

Craig officiated our wedding in La Jolla this past August and we were so happy he was the one to marry us! We were pretty bummed when we found out my childhood reverend was busy the weekend of our wedding, so we started looking into officiants to hire. Craig came highly... Read More recommended by our coordinator. We interviewed Craig and one other officiant, and immediately knew we wanted to hire Craig. Hiring a stranger to marry you seems a bit strange, but Craig goes out of his way to get to know you as a couple and he immediately put us at ease. He has a bunch of ways you can customize the ceremony, which was great. He also has a nice structure for the ceremony in place, so you don’t have to do too much work in planning your perfect ceremony. The actual wedding day was so great - everyone kept commenting on how wonderful Craig was, how it seemed like he’d known us forever, and how beautiful the ceremony was. We can’t recommend Craig highly enough!

Reviewed on 7/31/2016 Jaclyn A

Craig was so great! We hired him about an hour after we first met with him. He made us feel very comfortable and really got to know us and our story. He was very helpful and provided great recommendations. He led the rehearsal very swiftly and we all felt comfortable with what... Read More to do. Everyone commented on what he said during our ceremony as being true. He also made us relax by throwing in some jokes while telling our story. Overall a great experience. I highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 4/17/2016 Amanda M

Craig was the officiant for my wedding in January 2016 and we were THRILLED with him! Our wedding was a bit of a challenge to plan - my husband is in the military and we had to plan the wedding from the other side of the country. We took a quick trip to San Diego 6 months prior... Read More to the wedding to meet with tons of wedding vendors. We met with Craig and it immediately felt like we were hanging out with an old friend. He was very interested in our story, how we envisioned our wedding ceremony, and gave us a lot of great advice and tips for some of the ceremony details we weren't sure about. Fast-forward to the wedding day and Craig was amazing! My husband and I wanted a pretty casual, light-hearted ceremony and Craig delivered! He cracked some jokes and had the crowd laughing, but also kept it very personal to our story and had some great advice for us. After the ceremony, I can't tell you how many guests asked how we found him and told us how much they enjoyed him! The only negative I'd say is that we specifically wanted zero religious elements included in our ceremony, but he ended up saying a prayer during it - I imagine it's just something so natural to him, so he instinctively just went into it. Not a biggie, as a lot of our guests are religious, but it was something we didn't ask for. Overall, I highly recommend Craig - he is very experienced and is super flexible with tailoring your ceremony to make it as unique as you are!

Craig made our ceremony extremely memorable and unique!

Reviewed on 10/22/2013 Liz J

Craig was perfect for our wedding on 9/21/13! My husband is nondenominational Christian and I am not very religious at all but would describe myself as nondenominational Christian as well. Craig was very open to creating whatever type of ceremony we wanted. He had... Read More suggestions, but nothing was nonnegotiable. We loved that. We also loved all of his suggestions that we could potentially use for the ceremony. We met with 3 officiants and Craig was the best by far. He is extremely easy to talk to and open up to. All 3 officiants we met with provided their packet of what their services include and suggested readings and vows. Craig's were the most creative and definitely fit our personalities. We both chose vows from Craig's list because they were perfect for us. Craig made it very clear that everything on his list if suggestions we just that suggestions and we were able to choose anything listed or anything else we prefer that was not listed. We added a poem to our ceremony read by a bridesmaid and translated to ASL by the groom's sister and Craig suggested the perfect moment to have it read. We received significant complements from our guests regarding the ceremony. Craig made the ceremony fun rather than potentially boring. :) He added humor and his own little touches. Many people asked how long we had known him. They were shocked when we told them we has only met him twice. Once for the initial interview and once to discuss our choices for the ceremony. Craig was extremely responsive via email throughout the whole process. Craig also had great suggestions for seating and making some edits to the vows. He truly enjoys what he does and I would not be shocked if I saw him at one my friends future weddings. Everyone was very impressed with what he had to say and how he delivered it. We never ran through all of the ceremony word for word regarding what he said and I was extremely pleas nearly surprised with some of the personal touches he added and I truly enjoyed listening to what he had to say about marriage. Included in his services, Craig does one premarital counseling meeting, he provides an awesome list of questions for you and your future spouse to discuss, he runs the rehearsal and the ceremony. In researching officiants (as we do not belong to a church), we found Craig to be insanely reasonably priced and the only person that did not charge extra for the rehearsal. So not only did he do am extremely amazing job, he also does it for an insanely reasonable price! I highly recommend Craig for couples looking for a nondenominational officiant. He really tailors the ceremony to the couple and their personalities. My husband and I love to joke around and Craig did so in a very personable way. He kept us calm and entertained (as well as our guests) during our ceremony. He made our ceremony very memorable.

So many compliments...

Reviewed on 10/18/2013 Lynnea F

If we could give Craig more than 5 stars, we absolutely would. We really can't begin to thank Craig enough for being an essential part of our wedding ceremony. Numerous guests came up to us during our reception with compliments about Craig's meaningful, genuine, and insipiring... Read More words. We know many of our family and friends will remember our wedding in part because they enjoyed the ceremony so much. When we first met Craig, he took the time to ask questions and get to know us - we felt really comfortable with him and it was like we had known him for years. When we couldn't decide between traditional vows or something more contemporary, Craig helped us merge the two so everything we wanted was included. He also attended and ran the rehearsal the day before the wedding to make sure everything went smoothly on the day of the wedding. After the wedding ceremony, Craig even stayed to help our photographer coordinate formal pictures with our extended family. My husband and I spent a lot of time researching officiants, as we believed an officiant can make or break the wedding ceremony. Craig went above and beyond all our expectations and we would highly recommend him to any family or friends. Thank you so much Craig!

The Perfect Officiant

Reviewed on 6/02/2013 Ali P

I couldn't be happier with Craig as our officiant. Craig brought the perfect balance of personal touches, religion and the true meaning of marriage to our ceremony. The way he speaks and the things he says captures everybody's attention. It's not a cookie cutter ceremony... he... Read More gets to know the couple first, and that shows in what he says. He makes everyone feel so comfortable, and I still remember the things he said about love, marriage, and how to make both last. So many people came up to me at the reception and told me how wonderful he was to listen to. The best! I cannot recommend him highly enough.

GREAT OFFICIANT!

Reviewed on 1/31/2013 Brianna F

Craig was AWESOME for our wedding. I met with him first and then met with him again when my husband got back from deployment. Craig went over every detail and made sure the wedding ceremony was exactly what we wanted. After our ceremony we had SO many complements on his words... Read More and everything he had to say, our guests were VERY impressed as well as my husband and I. HIGHLY recommend Craig, he did a perfect job!

Craig is incredible!

Reviewed on 6/25/2012 Blake B

My husband and I were on a hunt for an officiant who was passionate but not stuffy, fun but serious. I came across Craig's website and could not wait to meet him. I will start with this... My husband is not one to “talk about his feelings” and on our way to meet Craig for the... Read More first time, my husband was under the impression that it was going to be a “quick” interview and we hire him. I explained to my husband that Craig wants to get to know us and be more than just a “hired” officiant. He wanted to be more personal, well my husband was not happy. He did not want to “talk about his feelings” BUT...when we met Craig, something incredible happened. My husband OPEND up like a book and poured out his heart!!! He talked more than me (and thats a lot)! He said he felt so comfortable with Craig and he was right. Craig is warm hearted and REAL! We hired him on the spot. Planning the ceremony was amazing and leading up to the wedding was so perfect, he was great to work with. I cannot even begin to say how amazing Craig was for our ceremony. Usually the guests cannot wait to get to the party part of the wedding but everyone could not get over how amazing the ceremony was. We had guests that had only ever attended church wedding’s and said this was the best ceremony they had ever been to! The ceremony was not only the best moment in my husbands and my life but all of the couples that attended felt like they were brought closer to their partners. The words Craig said were honest, real, and passionate. People thought that Craig was our minister for the past several years because it was intimate and special. He was more than words can describe. Craig, I cannot come up with words to express how wonderful you were! Thank you for making our ceremony so special. We have already deiced to watch our ceremony back every anniversary because the words you delivered make our relationship stronger every time we hear them!!!

Start a Conversation!