On Location Hair & Make-up Artistry NJ/DE/PA/MD

I come to you! I am fully licensed, and have been specializing in Wedding beauty for 10 years. My team and I take care of each bride and her bridal party, making sure every moment of your day is a memorable one. So, start your wedding day off right, with family, friends and Creations by Mia!!

Reviewed on 5/01/2017 Juliana P

I can not say enough good things about Mia by Creations! After a long search for the perfect hair and make-up artist for my wedding, I stumbled upon the pictures of Mia's work and I was sold. I set up a trial with her. At my trial she was so personable and kept me engaged the... Read More entire time. She listened to what I was looking for and was able to recreate the looks I wanted from the hair and make-up pictures I saved. After one try, she had captured what I wanted. Even after I figured out I wanted to change the hair look a bit a couple weeks later, she just simply had me send her a pick and she adjusted effortlessly. She also provided her number to all of my bridesmaids, to take the responsibility off of me and so they could send her what they wanted for their hair. Mia and her assistant showed up promptly on my wedding morning, ready to work. They were personable with every person involved that morning. All the bridesmaids and I were so happy with our hair and make-up! Creations by Mia, thank you so much for making us beautiful for my wedding day!

2017-05-08T09:25:05 Response from the vendor

Awe, thank you so very much!!! You looked stunning and I am very honored to have been apart of your wedding day. Make sure to send me plenty of photos. Congratulations and all the very best wishes to you and your new Hubby!!! xoxo

Reviewed on 6/08/2016 Hillary G

Mia and her team of girls were GREAT! They were timely, efficient, fun to hang out with, and most importantly, made myself and all the girls feel beautiful. Having the team come to our hotel suite was super easy and more stress-free versus having to travel to/from a salon.... Read More Mia built plenty of time into the day to make sure all of us were happy with our hair and make-up - we were not pressed for time and the entire process from start to finish was very easy and not chaotic. I have very fine hair that is pretty boring and hard to do much with. Mia was able to make my hair look great, the curls lasted all night, and I felt great! A job well done and I highly recommend Mia and her team.

Reviewed on 5/15/2016 Liz C

Creations By Mia was everything you could have asked for from a glam team! Mia and her team (Dona) primarily did hair and airbrush make-up for the bride and bridesmaids. The girls looked beautiful! Every bridesmaid was happy with their look! My group included varying hair,... Read More skin tones and types, and girly-girls to tom-boys. Mia handled all kinds and all comfort zones! From a bride perspective, she was perfect. Fun, happy, funny, sweet, and oh so talented! I wore my hair down with extensions to add body. No one knew I had pieces in! Mia colored them earlier to get it perfect. My hair stayed all night and looked beautiful!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Nicole A

Mia and Melissa did a fantastic job on myself and my bridesmaids! Everyone looked beyond gorgeous, and the girls were so much fun! Would recommend a million times over!

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Maria F

Mia was the best! She came to my shore house and her and another girl seamlessly worked to make myself, my mother, and 8 bridesmaids look gorgeous. She was perfect during the trial and the event, and my updo was everything I had wanted it to be! They made sure each girl was... Read More happy with their hair and she showed us how to put in my veil.

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Matt & Nicole C

I am so thrilled I went with Creations by Mia for my wedding day!  I was referred to her by our photographer, Kaitlin Noel, and I wasn’t disappointed.  I knew from my trial I truly didn’t want anyone else for my wedding day!  Mia’s personality is AMAZING!  On my wedding day Mia... Read More and her team (Gabrielle and Melissa) were such a delight.  Mia and her team were prompt for my wedding day and were a blast during hair and makeup.  We had so many laughs; it was like getting together with a group of your best friends.  I can’t say enough about Creations by Mia!  On my wedding day everyone looked beautiful and hair and makeup was done with perfection!  I can’t thank Creations by Mia enough for making me feel gorgeous on my wedding day and having my bridesmaid and family look beautiful!

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Gina G

From the moment I went for my bridal hair trial, I knew that I had made the right choice choosing Mia as my hairstylist! Mia is friendly, easy going, and very professional! She made me feel absolutely beautiful on my wedding day, and my hair on my wedding day was everything that... Read More I had dreamed it would be! Mia created a stunning half up half down hair style that lasted ALL night long despite the summer heat and even looked good the morning after haha. I highly recommend Mia! You will not be disappointed. Thank you, Mia!

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Eric S

Thank you Mia, for making one of the most important parts of my wedding day an absolute joy! When I first reached out to Mia, she was kind, professional, and I just knew that I wanted to work with her for our hair and make up! Mia completed a trial for both my mother and I... Read More about 4 months before the wedding. Everything was perfect. My mother, who doesn't wear make up often, was so leased with how Mia made her look! We couldn't wait until the day of!! I changed my hair last minute, and Mia was reassuring and helpful. After having my final dress fitting, I knew that I wanted to go in a different direction and Mia knew EXACTLY what I wanted!! Th day of my wedding, Mia and her two assistants were prompt and got started right away. They did hair and make up for 7 girls, and every single person was so pleased with the results. My hair, which I had down and curly, lasted for ten hours in the 95 degree heat. I can't say how grateful I am to Mia, and how pleased I am that I chose to work with her on my big day. Thank for Mia!!!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Lauren C

Mia is amazing! She has a fun bubbly personality that you can’t get enough of. Not only is she a wonderful person, but she is extremely talented with hair. (She also travels to YOU!) She showed up right on time for my wedding day ready to get to work and make myself and my... Read More bridesmaids look beautiful. She was able to look at pictures and create the look that was exactly what I was going for. Since I had so many bridesmaids, she brought along a friend to do hair as well to make sure we stayed within our time constraints. Mia made me feel like the most beautiful bride. I would recommend her to ANYONE!

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 Alicia H

Words cannot describe how wonderful Mia is! She completely works with your schedule, has wonderful ideas, and will give you exactly what you asked for! She is very personable, and easy to communicate with! She made my wedding day complete with our hair and makeup. Would... Read More definitely recommend her to anyone searching for hair and make up! Thanks again Mia! Xoxox

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Mary Kathryn D

Words cannot express how thrilled I was by Mia and her work. I am pretty apprehensive about my appearance, and Mia's warmth, friendliness, and confidence put me at ease immediately. We did a trial which went wonderfully, and she recommended places to purchase extensions and... Read More accessories which was insanely helpful. I was so impressed with what she did with my bridesmaids' hair. They had all picked out photos of different hairstyles, and Mia ended up doing similar styles in such away that their hair was all different, but in a similar shape. I might not have explained that well, but each girl looked unique but the overall effect was very polished and put-tother. She also did a beautiful job on my hair and makeup. I was amazed at the end result. She based my makeup on my "everyday" look, so I still looked like myself, but much improved. I would absolutely hire her again, and highly recommend her.

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Caitlin H

Mia was fabulous!! I absolutely loved my hair and makeup and it looked perfect all day and night. Her and Kelsey also did my mom and 3 bridesmaids, who all equally loved their looks. My sister, in particular, who has very curly hair which is sometimes difficult to style, loved... Read More how Mia did her hair. Not only does Mia and her team do beautiful hair and makeup, but they make you feel so comfortable. They're so easy to talk to and the whole morning of my wedding day just felt so relaxed and fun with them.

Reviewed on 5/14/2017 Diane G

Creations by Mia was awesome! She is simply the best and so easy to work with making the day fun and relaxing! My daughter, the maid of honor has curly hair and I was so nervous as to how Mia would style it. I had no need to stress because she is an artist! If you can do curly... Read More hair you know your craft. My daughter was so happy. The make up was beautiful, not over the top, just perfect. All the girls were happy and what more could you ask for? They looked gorgeous all day! Thank you Mia for making our day beautiful!

Reviewed on 1/05/2017 Kate L

Mia was amazing to work with during my wedding planning process. She was very friendly through email and she, along with another member from her team, were able to do hair and makeup for six of us in a timely manner! Everyone's hair looked perfect and she was able to accomplish... Read More the individual looks we were all going for. She is so nice and kind to work with and her talents made our wedding photographs look picture-perfect! Thanks so much Mia for all you did and for making me and my girls look AMAZING! You truly are talented and I would highly recommend Mia to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Nikki J

Mia was my go to person from the engagement photos to the big day. She was extremely helpful every step of the way. She made my hair and makeup look amazing for my engagement photos. She was even flexible for other additional dates- my wedding shower & a surprise photo shoot.... Read More Mia is incredible. I go to weddings fairly often and most of the time I think "wow, so and so's makeup looks caked on". Mia made me look flawless! I felt beautiful and received so many compliments on my photos. Mia was amazing every step of the way and I reccomend her personally to every bride, every chance I get!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Hillary M

Mia & her team were incredible. They got my 6 bridesmaids, my mom, grandmother and I completely dolled up ahead of schedule, even with us adding on an emergency make-up application. They laughed the whole time, were completely prompt & professional, and were willing to try... Read More anything we asked of them. Thank you so much Mia - you are fabulous.

Reviewed on 8/25/2016 Aaron W

Mia +my curly hair + 106 degrees = PERFECTION!! I was referred to Mia by our photographer, Kaitlin Noel, for our wedding in Cape May. Working with Mia, from the make-up and hair trial to the day of the wedding was an absolute pleasure and she exceeded my expectations for my look... Read More on my wedding day! I looked incredible from start to finish; not an easy feat considering my curly hair (and I wore it curly!) and the 106 degree real-feel at the time of our outdoor wedding. I showed Mia pictures of my vision and she worked with me to create the exact look I wanted. It was PERFECT! My hair and make-up withstood the extreme heat better than I could have ever expected. Mia is fair-priced, professional, patient, kind-hearted and fun to work with. I give her my highest recommendation!

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Tori P

Amazing! They are all so fun and awesome! We had 9 hairs and 10 make-ups. She traveled to Cape May with us no problem. Got there about 5 mins early. We started at 8am, we were done by like 11, maybe 11:30... a half hour ahead of schedule! She had two others and herself doing the... Read More make-up and hair. Nothing looked rushed either, it all looked amazing! I was SOOOO happy with all the girls hair and make-up and my own! The wedding coordinator walked in to us all being done and she was amazed. She said it had never happened before. Oh! Also, when she did my initial make-up the eyes ran a little, BUT I told her about it and there was absolutely no running on the day of. Completely fixed and perfect! She was amazing and fun and so on top of everything even on the business end! Just a great job!

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Theresa B

Mia is the absolute sweetest person I could have dealt with for my wedding. Not only did my hair and makeup look AMAZING, but she put me at such ease when I started freaking out before the ceremony. Her and her girls did a wonderful job on my bridesmaids, aunt, and mom. I... Read More couldn't have asked for a better experience. Everyone was more than pleased and I would recommend her to anyone looking for a great stylist for their wedding.

Reviewed on 5/12/2016

Mia was amazing! She was super flexible and even accommodated a second trial since I wanted to try some different styles. She was very responsive to my questions and concerns via text and email. Mia is a joy to spend time with, this was clear to me during our first trial and... Read More continued to be true on my wedding day. She is a very positive, cheerful, fun person - who doesn't want to be around that?? She showed up early on my wedding day with her team member, Melissa. They quickly turned my hotel suite into a beauty salon. All together they did 6 hairstyles: myself, my mom, and 4 bridesmaids. Both Mia and Melissa listened careful to what each person wanted (and looked at the photos they had brought) - they worked quickly without sacrificing quality or ever seeming rushed, and stayed right on schedule. We had music from a "ladies night" playlist playing in the background, and Mia and Melissa sang along with the rest of us - it felt like a little party. We all had a blast getting ready - no stress! The day of, I changed my hairstyle again from my second trial - Mia wasn't fazed in the least and perfectly created my vision. I also picked up a hair clip at her recommendation and am so happy I did - it really completed the look. Everyone looked beautiful and really seemed happy with how their hairstyles turned out. Mia even hung around to touch up everyone and make any changes if so desired, and until we finished taking "robe photos" to place my veil for me and taught one of my bridesmaids how to take it out. My hair lasted well into the night until I intentionally (and unfortunately) took it out to go to bed. I looked at photos from the end of the reception, and my hair still looks amazing - not like I had been dancing, sweating, and hugging people for hours. Keep in mind, my hair was done at 1pm and the reception ended at 11pm. If I had to do it all over, I would hire Mia again in a heartbeat! Thank you, Mia, for creating the wedding look of my dreams!!

Reviewed on 3/28/2016 Martha D

Mia was referred to me by the planner at my Cape May, NJ venue. She was very responsive to communication (e-mail and phone) and her manner was such that I felt very much at ease in scheduling and attending a hair and makeup trial. (Highly recommended and worth it!) While at... Read More the trial she reviewed the many photo samples of elements that I liked and she patiently tried several looks. Pleased with her work, her attitude and her prices, she was promptly booked for my February wedding. I was assured that no matter the weather, she would be in attendance. She arrived early to the venue (the weather was perfect after all!) and will a good deal of laughter all around, proceeded to enhance the beauty of my bridal party. They were very happy with the work that Mia and her assistant had done and both the makeup and hair styles stayed just as glamorous throughout the evening. It is with every confidence that I give the highest recommendation to hire Mia and her crew for your very big day!

Reviewed on 11/15/2015 Laura S

I found Mia through all her reviews on the knot. I knew nothing about her but figured I would take a chance and do a trial. I am very skeptical about getting my hair done because it doesn't hold curls and sometimes just looks slicked back. Mia knew exactly what I wanted from... Read More the minute I sat in her chair. My hair had body and texture and didn't look full of product. The day of my wedding she arrived promptly and got right to work. Our hair held up the whole night and looked gorgeous. She is also super friendly and talked with our group like we were all old friends. I would highly recommend using Mia.

Mia is a magician

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Dana S

I had a little vintage vibe going for my wedding day, and Mia complemented my gown with an elegant updo and glamorous makeup. I couldn’t quite articulate what I had in mind, but Mia is a true magician. After my hair and makeup trial, I sent pictures to my bridal party and those... Read More who weren’t already signed up for services got on board. That is how amazing Mia is! She set up shop right in the bridal suite and made us all feel like princesses. Even our little flower girls had a shot in the chair. We were on time and perfect for pictures.

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

Mia and her staff are amazing to work with start to finish! She was super responsive and was able to work with me on a fabulous hair-do for me, even though I wasn't able to meet for a trial. She did hair and make up for our wedding girls and everyone looked amazing (and felt... Read More amazing!) Mia and crew are super fun too, totally calmed my nerves with all the laughs we had! Oh, and by the way, when my Mom showed up late because she was fighting with the Salon about her do, that they did her so wrong with, Mia was on it! As soon as my mom came in, she was re-doing the awful hair that the salon had done! My mom looked gorgeous for our big day once Mia and Team were done with her. THANK YOU SO MUCH MIA!

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Jennifer S

Mia and her team are fantastic! Mia is very professional, she answered my questions and concerns in a timely manner! Her work is updos are perfect along with her makeup artist skills!!

Mia Crivaro

Mia started her career as a teenager. Braiding and styling hair while in High school in the 1990's was the starting point of what eventually lead to doing the same friends weddings in the early 2000's. Through out her journey of becoming a master stylist and make-up artist she had worked for catering companies, floral design studios, wedding planners, and salons. Making her fully knowledgeable in all areas of special occasions and weddings. Mia is a fully licensed cosmetologist and started her company, Creations by Mia, in 2007. Her specialties include boudoir, photo shoots, editorials, runway