Creative Films - Maura Coleman-Murray

This business was inspired by a love of photography, digital imaging and a passion for sharing the beauty and energy of a very special moment with video. My background in Fine Art sets my work apart but the thing I love the most about my work is getting to tell the story of each couple in a unique way. My collections start at $3200

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle

Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Full-Length Video, Highlight Video, Video

6104 Johnson Dr, Mission, KS Kansas City and pretty much anywhere else you take me! (913) 634-3487

Reviewed on 2/20/2017 Teia E

Maura with Creative Films was everything I had dreamed my wedding videographer would be and SO much more! From the first meeting until the finished product, Maura was incredibly professional, so sweet and went above and beyond to make sure I was 100% satisfied with my videos!... Read More When I look back on my wedding day I can hardly remember even seeing the videographers but they captured so many amazing shots and details. She put so much thought into every last detail! Once we met with Maura, there were no questions in my mind that she was who we wanted to go with to capture our perfect day. Every penny spent was worth it and we absolutely love all of our videos! I would highly recommend Creative Films to anyone seeking an amazing video and total experience. Thank you SO much, Maura! We will cherish our wedding videos forever!!!

2017-02-26T15:05:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you Teia for your kind words!!!! We loved shooting your wedding! xoxo

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Sean R

Creative Films recently filmed our wedding and we had a great experience with them. We had a very large wedding with a lot of moving pieces and they did an incredible job on the wedding day. We almost didn't notice them during the day but somehow they were able to capture some... Read More amazing shots and videos. We have been able to see a lot of the footage they shot and it looks absolutely stunning. We cant wait until they complete editing so we get to watch the entire film, and then enjoy it for years to come. I would highly recommend Creative Films to film any event you have coming up.

Reviewed on 2/25/2017 Rebecca F

Maura & team creatively captured every detail and special moment of our wedding day. I wasn't sure I wanted to have a videographer at our wedding, but after seeing the finished product, I couldn't imagine it any other way. Maura was professional, courteous, and exceeded our... Read More expectations. We were married on a hot and humid Missouri summer day, and Maura filmed tenaciously despite the dripping sweat - even staying longer than originally negotiated. She clearly communicated each step of the production process so we always knew what to expect. The thought and planning that went into the finished feature film are evident by the way she cleverly paired our promises with the day's events. I loved the way she perfectly timed my vow "to blend our families" with the image of our sand ceremony; and my vow "to give you this dance for the rest of our lives" with the film of our first dance. Maura is a creative and artistic visionary, and I highly recommend Maura & team for capturing your special event.

2017-02-26T15:04:33 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Becky! Your wedding was so personal with so many special touches! It was a joy to film AND to edit! xoxo

Reviewed on 2/07/2017 Kamin S

Creative Films is the best! Worth every dime. Those memories would be lost without our video and audio.

2017-02-08T08:42:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you Kamin! Your wedding was one of my most favorites of 2016! I loved that you had the ceremony with just your family in the beautiful Kansas Prairie with a small gathering of close friends and family after. Intimate weddings are so very special... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 2/07/2017 Anne W

Maura did a fantastic job capturing our day. I wasn't sure that I needed to do a video but all my friends said "yes you do". And I'm so glad I did! The sneak peak video was so awesome. Maura captured our lighting of Chinese Lanterns perfectly and I wouldn't have had this from... Read More just the photography if that's all I had done. The way she edited the feature film really documented our day and will help preserve the wonderful memories. She was such a joy to work with and it was never staged or awkward. I love watching the films and remembering what a fantastic day it was.

2017-02-07T12:42:37 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Anne! I loved how your officiant told the story about how Charles proposed to you with a lantern at the lake and we were able to capture that launch at your reception! So glad you decided to have a wedding film!!!!... Read Less Read More

Review for Maura Coleman

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Robin S

She did and awesome montage for our rehearsal dinner. She had two videograpphers at the ceremony and reception she does not over book. she does out takes!!

Review for Creative Video

Reviewed on 10/21/2008 Sarah M

The final product is perfect. She does a great short video to show your friends and family an outakes video which is funny plus the whole ceremony. She is great!

Maura Coleman-Murray

I love telling stories visually - wedding films are an amazing way to capture a new family and all those amazing people who have come together to share that moment! I have a BFA and MA in art and discovered filmmaking when I was teaching HS art and one of my advanced students wanted to do a multimedia project. I had a photography darkroom in my home at the time it didn't take me long to fall madly in love with filmmaking! When I am not celebrating a wedding, I am hanging with my family and dogs, or finding art in Kansas City! Encaustic is my new favorite medium!