Vowed to Excellence

Working…School…Kids…Out of State We all know the crazy busy world we call our lives and we all hear how crazy busy wedding planning is, so why would you want to tackle both unarmed? Many hours are put into researching vendors, making appointments, managing your budget and communicating with your chosen vendors and honestly this is not the fun side of planning a wedding, but for a planner, managing these details is what we love to do. Let an experienced wedding professional help clear up your calendar so you can have more time enjoying the things you love. No matter where you are at in your engagement or planning stages we can help. Creatively Yours is vowed to making your big day excellent.

Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

Northern Illinois and Southern Wisconsin (815) 276-5197
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 1/13/2016 Samantha W

My husband and I took on more than we bargained for when we decided to host our large wedding (200 guests) in my parents’ backyard. We worked with Tami at Creatively Yours, opting for her partial planning package. Our backyard wedding was no barbecue. We had the same type of... Read More reception that you might see at a more traditional wedding venue (DJ, catered buffet, nice china, full bar, etc.) Achieving this type of wedding in a backyard was no small task, and we could not have done it without Tami and her team. She kept us on track with monthly checklists and periodic calls to talk through details. She promptly answered our many questions via email, and jumped on important vendor calls when we needed her. We were on a strict budget, but it was important to us that our wedding had an elegant feel. Tami was honest about where it was ok to cut corners, and where we needed to spend a little more. My favorite thing about Tami is her calm, supportive demeanor. She takes care of business, and stays cool in the face of challenges. There is just something about her that allows you to be a relaxed bride. Ultimately, this saved my wedding day. Early the morning of the wedding, Tami called with some unfortunate news – a storm was headed our way, with an ETA of early evening. She assured us that she would do everything in her power to ensure the outdoor wedding went off without a hitch. You would think that, as a bride, I would be a nervous wreck. Because I trusted Tami, I was able to focus on enjoying the day with family and friends. Tami and her team more than delivered. During the event, I didn’t notice any of the challenges that the rain presented. Despite the fact that it poured all night, everything went as planned. If anything, the rain just helped keep the guests on the dance floor. Six months later, friends and family still can’t stop talking about how much fun they had at our wedding. My biggest concern was the outdoor ceremony. While we could have had our ceremony under the tent on the dance floor, I really wanted the romantic ceremony under the big tree in our backyard that I always pictured. Tami and her team made sure it happened. She watched the weather radar like a hawk, and, with the rainclouds quickly approaching, made sure everyone was ready to start at exactly 5 p.m. The ceremony was perfect, and the first few drops of rain fell right after we were announced as husband and wife. After the recessional, she was waiting for me with an umbrella in hand, and quickly ushered the guests into the tent for cocktail hour. She even had drinks ready for the entire bridal party so we could have a quick toast with just our closest friends! Because my parents’ home could not support the bathroom use of 200 guests, we rented portable bathrooms. I heard from a family member that when the bathroom floors started to get muddy, Tami thought to put cardboard on the floor of each stall to keep people from slipping. Where she materialized a bunch of cardboard from, I’ll never know. Her incredible problem solving skills came through and saved guests from what could have been an ugly scene! I cannot thank Tami enough for all that she did on my wedding day, and during the many months leading up to the big event. I would recommend her whole-heartedly to anyone and everyone. You can trust Tami and her team to make your wedding day as beautiful and stress-free as can be!!

2016-01-14T08:19:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you Samantha for the kid words! Your wedding was definitely memorable ;)

Reviewed on 12/06/2015

Tami did a great job guiding us through the entire process of our wedding. With just 4 months to work with, she pulled everything together so quickly. She kept us focused and hitting the things that we needed to get done. It was a blast trying on gowns with her and meeting... Read More with the variety of vendors that she setup for us. She provided a great balance of setting up appointments that fit what we wanted and provided ones that we would have never thought of on our own. She was creative, organized, detailed, and a blast. The wedding was beautiful and her attention to detail allowed for a completely stress free day. It allowed us to focu on our boys, family, and friends without feeling overwhelmed. It was perfect!

2015-12-07T15:07:12 Response from the vendor

It was my pleasure helping you both throughout the process. What a great time we had ;) Thank you for the kind words!

Tami made it possible to relax and enjoy the day!

Reviewed on 8/02/2015 Katy

Tami was more than I could of hoped for as a day of coordinator. I like to plan and be in control of my plans but I knew that for the day of my wedding I wanted to be able to step back and just enjoy all the crazy plans and decorations that I had concocted. Tami made me feel... Read More confident that she would make sure that everything would happen and that she would take care of all of it, and she did! The event came off without a hitch, flowed smoothly, allowing me, my husband, family and wedding party and friends to thoroughly enjoy the evening. I was very impressed with Tami's attention to detail and keeping everyone on task. I had a ton of DIY creations and an amazing estate to decorate and she rose to the occasion. I was also extremely relieved to how well she kept all the vendors and my stuff in line and how neatly it was all put away and organized like I had left it for her when we came back the next morning to pick up our stuff. Tami was one of the best choice that I could have made in the wedding planning decisions. Thank you, Tami!

2015-08-03T14:51:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you Kate for the kind words! What a wonderful day that was ;)

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Andrei N

We had a September backyard wedding, needing to be organized and completed within a 6 month period. Tami was by far one of the best decisions we could have ever made! We were put in touch with the best vendors that our budget called for, and Tami gave us multiple options.... Read More Tami was always available to answer our questions and meet with us periodically throughout the planning. We had an absolutely amazing wedding day, and we couldn't do it without her. We had zero concern both working up to the wedding as well as during the ceremony/party. We both were able to have fun and enjoyed our day together. We couldn't be happier in our choice to hire Tami. She was well worth the investment and we wholeheartedly recommended her for your wedding; you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Kelsey D

They did an amazing job! They made me feel so relaxed and at ease on my wedding day! My mother and I didn't have to worry about anything and could really enjoy the day! They took care of all the little details and were so organized and on top of everything! I would highly... Read More recommend them!

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Theresa K

Tami and Meghan were wonderful. Tami's organizational skills were amazing and go us through deadlines. Her recommendations of vendors was spot on. We were able to enjoy the wedding as parents of the groom.

2016-09-30T09:44:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you Theresa! What a beautiful wedding it was and thank you for letting us be apart of it!

Reviewed on 7/14/2016 Julie G

Creatively yours is amazing and very professional!! I highly recommend them as wedding planners! They responded to emails very quickly and were so professional! They had great suggestions!! I was not stressed during my wedding day at all!! I felt very organized during the entire... Read More wedding process!

Reviewed on 6/10/2016 Maria B

I am the mother of the bride and am so happy that I made the decision early on in the planning process to hire Tami of Creatively Yours to help plan our wedding on 5/21/16. She is friendly, responsive, and so good at what she does. She was able to deal with the merging of two... Read More cultures (Italian and American) and a bride who lives in Milan. With a long-distance bride, the communication was sometimes difficult, but Tami always handled it patiently and cheerfully. Her day-of service was stellar--everything went so perfectly. At the ceremony, which was at our local parish, some of us didn't want to line up right away because we wanted to hear one of the preludes, which was arranged by the bride's brother. Once Tami understood that, she just rode with it and then lined us up quickly. Tami's assistant, Meghan, swiftly rounded up a stray groomsman, as well as stayed on top of all the extra items we needed to bring from the church to the reception. At the reception, everything went so smoothly. Tami and Meghan handled last-minute extra toasts, songs, and a video, communicating with the kitchen to change the pacing of the meal and making sure those giving the toasts, as well as the translator, had the mike when needed! As more time goes by and I think about how complicated it was and how well it was handled, I can hardly believe it. From my perspective, I was just serenely enjoying a beautiful, perfect celebration, but I am well aware that without Tami and Meghan it would not have been that way at all. I'm sure there were dozens more things that they took care of on the day of the wedding which I will never be aware of. Last but not least, the budget that Tami created at the very beginning of the process turned out to be spot on. When I did all the final tallies, we were almost exactly within the amount we planned to spend. Needless to say, I highly recommend Tami and Creatively Yours for wedding planning. Thank you, Tami!

Reviewed on 12/18/2015 Kristine C

Tami was outstanding! I hired Tami because I knew that I wanted a stress-free day on my wedding day and after meeting with her the first time I was confident she was the girl for the job! She asked all the right questions, and had every detail perfectly in order. My husband... Read More didn't really understand why we needed to hire a day of coordinator but after the wedding he could not stop raving about how great she was and how glad he was that we decided to have her help! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Caryn R

We were so happy to have found Tami! She was affordable & it was so worth it to have some peace of mind & enjoy my wedding day, knowing Tami was there to take care of the detail!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

Hiring Tami at Creatively Yours was one of the first decisions I made for my wedding, and it turned out to be one of the best! She kept everything on schedule and running smoothly before and during our wedding. She took care of all the details so that my husband and I could... Read More enjoy the night 100%. Having her there took away so many potential distractions. Tami and her assistant were awesome!

Tami helped execute a perfect day!

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Stephanie K

While Tami only provided Day of Coordination for me, she was always responsive and helpful in answering random questions leading up to the wedding. A few weeks before the wedding she started gathering all information from me so that by the day of the wedding she knew everything... Read More as well as I did. She made sure that everything went off without a hitch (at least from my perspective!)

Bride

Reviewed on 3/21/2015 Tiffany H

Creatively Your's did a wonderful job in assisting my husband and I plan our out of state wedding. While living in Illinois we had no idea of any vendors or where to even start looking for them for our fast approaching West Palm Beach wedding. Creatively Yours did an... Read More spectacular job in providing us with a spreadsheet of 5+ vendors to choose from for different aspects of our wedding; to include websites and details needed to make our decisions. Every month we would be sent checklists of things we needed to accomplish and things that we had slacked on and still needed complete. Without Creatively Yours our wedding could not have gone off as smoothly as it did. We could not have had as successful of a day without Tami at Creatively Yours! I would definitely recommend Tami to brides everywhere!!

2015-03-23T22:16:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words Tiffany! I am very excited to see the pictures ;)

Wedding day coordination in Evanston

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Elaine K

We did most of the planning ourselves but wanted a day of coordinator to avoid any bridezilla moments. Tami and her team provided wedding coordination services for our wedding at the Woman's Club of Evanston. Tami took charge of coordinating all of our vendors leading up to... Read More the big day. She scheduled a walk through with the venue that was enormously helpful and organized my rehearsal. The best part though was that on the day of our wedding I didn't have to worry about a thing. Tami worked with all our vendors (and there were quite a few) to ensure everything ran smoothly, that the room looked picture perfect, my bustle was firmly in place, and that my husband and I enjoyed ourselves.

Bliss and memories!

Reviewed on 9/18/2014 Katie A

Tami and her team were the "day of coordinators" for our daughter's wedding on 9/13/14, but in reality they were with us all the way! Tami attended many meetings with our vendors months beforehand and was at our side during the final month. I thought I was the most organized... Read More MOB, but never could have pulled off this wedding without Creatively Yours! Tami was amazing the week before the wedding giving attention to every detail. Once the wedding day arrived, I knew I could enjoy the day and not need to worry about a thing. I was right...no nerves, no panic, just BLISS and memories! Thank you Tami! FIVE STARS!

2014-09-20T09:11:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you for all the kind words Katie!

Let Creatively Yours do the work so you can enjoy the big day!

Reviewed on 9/18/2014 Cara

Only about six weeks before my daughter's wedding I hired Tami Hacker of Creatively Yours for her services as a day of the event planner. I had spent much of the past year and a half planning and making things for my daughter's wedding at the Byron Colby Barn but then started to... Read More stress about all the details of the final few weeks and especially all that needed to be done the day of the wedding. From the moment my daughter and I met with Tami I started to feel more relaxed about our upcoming wedding. Tami quickly made contact with all of our vendors and helped me to start thinking about all the little details of the day. She had good suggestions to help with the flow of the wedding day and was always available by email or phone to discuss our questions or concerns. She worked to create a timeline for the day and then took over at the rehearsal. Our wedding was a lot of DIY and I turned over all of our personal items along with decorations to Tami on the day before the wedding. She made sure that our venue was set up and decorated just as we had hoped. She was professional and hard working as well as friendly and fun which made for a very smooth wedding day. If there were any problems, she must have handled them! I was able to relax and enjoy the wedding worry free! I would highly recommend Tami of Creatively Yours for your wedding planning needs.

2014-09-20T09:13:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words Judy :) It was our pleasure. You did a fabulous job with the DIY projects!

Expect Royal Treatment

Reviewed on 5/29/2014 ZINA L

I planned my wedding myself but decided I didn't want to worry about any of the activities on the day of the wedding. I hired Creatively Yours as Day of Coordinators for my wedding and it was the best decision I made. From our initial consultation to the end of my wedding the... Read More ladies were very patient thorough and extremely helpful. My bridal party raved about how organized and helpful they were. They were at rehearsal, they walked through the venue with me, created a detailed timeline and made sure everything went smoothly on that day. I would highly recommend the ladies at Creatively Yours!

October bride

Reviewed on 3/18/2014 Amanda S

Creatively Yours Events made our wedding day very special. The day ran very smooth and lowered my stress level. It was great having Tami there to make sure everything was in order. We couldn't have done it without you. Anyone looking for a wedding planner should use Creatively... Read More Yours Events.

Best Decision I made was hiring Tami!

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 Sara B

Hiring Tami was the best decision I made throughout the wedding planning process. All correspondence was professional; Tami always provided timely responses and always had the right answer when I needed it. Tami truly made my wedding day the success that it was. She was there... Read More for the rehearsal, bright and early on our wedding day and the last one at the end of the night. Tami worked with all my vendors to make sure everything went smoothly. Not only did I love and appreciate Tami, but also my husband, family and guests have commented to me how essential Tami was to our big day! Tami was the most valuable vendor from the wedding and I cannot imagine planning and having a wedding without her. I would recommend her to a friend in a heartbeat. It’s wonderful finally being married, but I will truly miss my interaction with Tami!

Absolutely Fantastic!

Reviewed on 9/16/2013 Kelly A

Creatively Yours did a fantastic job with our wedding! I would recommend them to anyone getting married. From the start, Tami stood out from other coordinators. One reason is because when you send e-mails and fill out forms requesting information from wedding coordinators,... Read More typically you get an informal e-mail (if you have any response at all) followed by something a little more general. Not so with Tami and Creatively Yours. She actually CALLS you before sending you an e-mail, making contact and establishing a bond right from the beginning. We used her for day-of coordination, and had a semi-unique wedding. She was wonderful (along with her lovely assistant)! While, it wasn't a large wedding, Tami made both my husband and I feel really special and at ease. She took care of everything and all I had to was relax and be pampered. If you're looking for a coordinator (day-of, full, or anywhere in between), I would recommend reaching out to Creatively Yours. They will make your wedding day wonderful!

TAMI IS THE BEST OF THE BEST!!!

Reviewed on 5/22/2013 Amy N

I hired creatively yours to help plan my May 18th wedding, and let me just say it was the best decision of my life! Tami is amazing and I'm certain that if not for her my wedding would have been an absolute disaster. She stayed on top of every detail, had great ideas/... Read More suggestions, and was extremely helpful with whatever I needed. Her organizational skills were top notch she made a detailed itinerary for everyone involved, and kept the entire day on track. The day of my wedding I had no worries because I knew tami and her team were taking care of everything. I got the wedding of my dreams thanks to her and I will be forever grateful! I highly recommend tami for any of you brides out there looking for a beautiful, stress free wedding. She really is the best of the best!!

Mrs. May

Reviewed on 1/17/2013 Jennifer M

Creatively Yours was absolutely amazing! My wedding day was so smooth and it flowed beautifully. Everyone had such a wonderful time and my family and wedding party did not have to do anything. Creatively Yours did it all! I could not have asked for a better day. I recommend... Read More her to everyone I know who's getting married.

Tami is the ABSOLUTE BEST!!!

Reviewed on 8/01/2012 Caren C

Tami was my wedding planner/coordinator for a destination wedding in Lake Geneva for about 260 people. Our wedding ceremony was in a unique space and then everyone had to go to another unique space with an outside catering company. Our wedding was wonderful and mostly due to... Read More Tami's hard work, patience, calmness and unbelievable help. I cannot say enough great things about Tami and I highly recommend her and her services. She is so nice to work with and does wonderful work. I prefer not to answer the total cost of her services because I honestly don't remember, but I do know that it probably wasn't enough for all she did because she went way above and beyond. Thank you Tami!!!!

Tami Hacker

I started Creatively Yours 10 years ago after becoming a Certified Wedding & Event Planner. I have 2 little boys, ages 6 and 2. They definitely keep me busy. Being able to stay at home with them as well as work from home gives me great joy. Planning and details are like second nature to me. I love helping couples bring all of the details and plans together to make a special day they will remember forever!