Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Melanie Z

I’ve been trying to write this review for two hours. I just can’t seem to find words that express how truly grateful we are that Jenna came into our lives. When we first met this pink-haired tornado of a woman, she said “I only work with weirdos”. It was love at first sass.... Read More Over the last year, we’ve exchanged emails about our cats, had drinks with her puppy at a bar, won a lava lamp at her Christmas party, played Ski-ball together, had dinner with her and her boyfriend, and froze our asses off at a Renaissance Faire. What I’m trying to say is that while hiring a wedding photographer is a once-in-a-lifetime thing, hiring Jenna is really more like gaining a once-in-a-lifetime friend. Her creativity is unmatched. Her ability to handle a giant group of our drama-loving dysfunctional families was beyond impressive. Her support and instruction on our wedding day was so reassuring. Jenna took pictures of two awkward nerds that made us look like fucking models. I can’t wait to show my grandkids my wedding pictures and be like “look at what a fucking babe I was.” Jenna’s a badass warrior woman with a shining soul. She’s a firework. A unicorn. If you don’t hire her, you’ll probably regret it.

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Briana M

My now hubby and I were so very lucky to have found Jenna when we did. We came across her website and fell in love with her moments-matter style. We’re not photographers by any means so we don’t know the exact elements that stood out, only that we would love to have photos like... Read More that to remember our wedding with. We opt’d for the engagement session & full day for the wedding. We trusted Jenna completely and let her work her magic—which let us focus on the many things that a wedding has going on. Photography is the one thing you absolutely cannot go cheap on for your big day—but still Jenna’s rates were amazingly reasonable for the quality of work & care she took of us. Jenna was super available and prepared to help guide us through all of the check list items we would need. When the big day came she was more like a friend than just a vendor. She laughed, cried, and celebrated with us. And isn’t that what you’d want? Someone who is truly invested in and happy for your union. If you’re looking for boring then you’ve got the wrong girl. She’s lively, energetic, & hard working! We spent so much time and effort creating the big day and she spent just as much capturing it. We’re forever grateful! I highly recommend full day and a second shooter as it gave us so many more photos than we could have ever dreamed of. These photos are so very precious to us and so is the gal who took ‘em.

Reviewed on 7/30/2017 Joyce C

We are very lucky that we found Jenna. She had worked with our quirks and I think we have a few and her quirks (personality) are amazing and easy to feel comfortable around. Never got the feeling it's just another job. Our guests told us that they knew Jenna was around but never... Read More obstructed their view or created distraction. In fact our guest never knew where she was but she was everywhere clearly from the photos taken. Her energy enthusiasm made us feel at ease. The day of our wedding Jenna was there early and communicated well as she had throughout from the first contact to now. We had a few shots we really wanted but other than that our badass photographer Jenna captured us and our family in moments that would have probably been missed by others. She has an ability to find what is wanted in a shot. Super energetic, polite, funny, honest and professional you won't go wrong choosing Jenna. If we could rate higher than a 5 star we would

Reviewed on 6/15/2017

We absolutely LOVE our engagement and wedding photos thanks to Jenna. She flew to Puerto Rico to shoot our wedding weekend and absolutely killed it. Between the humidity, terrain, time constraints, and various personalities, she had to put up with quite a bit. But nevertheless... Read More our photos were stunning and actually ended up getting featured on some of the wedding blogs, including my favorite blog AislePerfect!

Reviewed on 3/15/2017 Marissa G

I never expected to have photos of my wedding that look like they'd be right at home in an editorial fashion magazine, but I got them thanks to Jenna's talent and creativity. She's is amazing to work with while shooting; she will put you at ease and make you laugh. She is also... Read More very professional - always on time, fast to answer email/calls, and she keeps up with new techniques to make sure her clients get the best photos possible. When the day is done you'll have your wedding photos to look back on - you won't regret hiring Jenna to capture it.

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Desiree F

Jenna was Awesome! She was very professional, never once worried about our pictures, I'd also been admiring her pictures for forever and just worked out that she moved to Texas in time. She always responded quickly to any questions I had before the wedding. On the day of our... Read More wedding she was great with our guests and us. She kept us on track for the day and at the end made sure we had gotten all the pictures we wanted taken. She really goes above and beyond making sure we look good, hair was in place, and make-up was good to go.

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Callie M

We booked Jenna for our wedding, and she is AWESOME!! Not only was she super fun to work with on the front end, she was available, interested, and had a great client system. At our actual wedding, she was early, engaged, and worked so smoothly with everyone! Her work was... Read More AMAZING!! You can tell this is not just her profession but her art, and it showed in all the amazing shots she took and created. I'm not exaggerating in the slightest, she's such a talent, and she created images for us that we are going to cherish and come back to. To top it off, her turn around time was super quick, and access to our images was easy.

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Callie M

Reviewed on 8/26/2016

Creatrix Photography, Also known as Jenna, Also known as the most bad ass, weirdest, awesome photographer you can ever have is well worth checking her out. She is one of the first photographers I've ever worked with that actually takes pride in the physical art of photography... Read More rather than the art of knowing how to Photoshop to create beautiful images from mediocre ones. She has this glorious personality that will light up any room and you will never have any "forced smile photos" because she will be the life of the shoot and make you have a great time and laugh and love as you should be on these days... Instead of nervous and in generic poses. I highly recommend Jenna to anyone I know. I always show off her amazing work to people almost everywhere I go. As a member of the LGBT Community I love how engaged she is within this community and would do almost anything to accommodate her clients!

Reviewed on 8/21/2016 De Anna L

Jenna’s work speaks for itself. We picked her because she makes ordinary people look AWESOME. Jenna manages to bring out that inner light and beauty of the people in her photos. She also captures the emotion of the moment. She helps you be yourself, but like...the most... Read More ridiculously good looking version of yourself. :P On the business side, her communication is great--she replies to email/texts/etc in a timely manner--and she makes a sincere effort to get to know you. She totally put us at ease which helped us to feel comfortable and be more natural for the photos. She gets the photos back to you FAST--like within a week in our case. O_o She has a good electronic invoicing and contract system in place too, which helps keep track of everything and lets you easily check where you’re at with everything. She gets in touch and stays in touch from the moment you send your initial inquiry, through the contract signing, all the way up until you get your photos back--actually, you’ll probably be her friend by the time it’s all over, so she’ll be in touch even after. Beyond her gorgeous work and her professional acumen, Jenna also goes above and beyond. She has a TON of wedding experience and gives great advice on points you may not even have thought of. She makes sure you get all the standard family shots and then gets all those little wedding details that you don’t even think to photograph--the favors and centerpieces that you agonized over, the jewelry and accessories that you picked out special for the day, the bouquet, your wedding toppers, etc. Jenna will wake up at ungodly early hours to get you those sunrise shots you have to have. She’ll even help blot the sweat from your face so you don’t smudge your makeup if need be. :) She’s fantastic to work with. Jenna may be a little expensive, but she’s absolutely worth it. We originally weren’t sure we wanted to spend that much, but breaking down our package: rights to the photos, “all day shooting”, an included engagement session, and a complimentary giant wall print….. It was actually a great deal. We didn’t have to worry about rushing through our photo shoot at all; we got a little of everything from the getting ready, to the ceremony, the first dance, the cake cutting, etc. The rights too were huge since we can do whatever with them and don’t get nickeled and dimed on prints after the fact. All in all, we would unreservedly recommend her--after the wedding is all said and done, your photos are largely going to color how you remember the wedding--it’s one of the best investments you can make in your wedding budget.

Jenna is awesome, fun and an amazing artist

Reviewed on 9/20/2015 Meghan M

Creatrix Photography (Jenna) did a wonderful job with our engagement shoot and wedding photographs. At the time of our wedding on Oahu, we were Oahu residents—but, knowing what we know now, we'd pay to fly Jenna anywhere in the world to take our wedding photos—she's just that... Read More good. Jenna is a consummate professional, who was dedicated to our satisfaction in every way. She met with us multiple times to go over what we wanted in the photographs from our wedding and our engagement shoot, as well as to present our wedding photos and our poster-sized canvas photo (an amazing perk that came in our wedding package—something that reminds us of our wedding everyday!). She was very upfront about what she would and would not do—and that frankness was much appreciated. She was very on top of things and had helpful automated reminders directing us to our wedding questionnaire as well as when our payments were due. She even learned the names of people in our bridal party and family, which made the posed family photos run a lot more smoothly! Where Jenna really shines, and why we hired her—is her candid shots. She was truly able to capture the moods, emotions and ambiance of the day—the photos are a genuine representation of the best day of our lives. We couldn't ask for better momentos, or ways to remember the day. Whenever we had questions or wanted to let her know something about our wedding (decorations, photo lists, etc.) she was quick to respond. She worked so tirelessly that we received our photos from the wedding well within a month. In fact, she sent a few photos within days, allowing us to get a glimpse of what was coming, as well as giving us the chance to use a photo for our thank you cards. Jenna may seem demanding as a photographer to some folks, including your guests, but she is really just trying to ensure the set photos you want get done and the wedding is able to move on. We really appreciated that, and she never ceased being courteous and a professional. At our wedding we did have a bonus second shooter that Jenna brought with her, though through no fault of Jenna's, the photos taken by the second shooter were lost due to an electronic glitch. That is really the only negative we can say about our experience, and since we weren't even expecting a second shooter (nor did we pay for one), its nothing that would keep us from recommending Jenna. As a final note, if you choose to do business with Jenna, be honest with her, embrace your adventurous side, and trust she will see it through with you every step of the way. The photos she took for and of us were amazing. We highly recommend you visit her website—creatrixphotography.com— to view what she has on display, because, as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. :)

2015-09-22T02:42:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!!!! <3

Reviewed on 9/16/2015 Amber B

Jenna goes above, beyond and back again for her clients. She is flexible, understanding and all of her photos could easily be pinned to any inspiration board for a "damn, my wedding looks good" Pinterest board, which was exactly what I was looking for in a photographer. I met... Read More with her two years before my wedding actually happened. We had to postpone our date multiple times due to family situations and every time I told her "Hey...so... Our date changed..." She was always cool and said something to the effect of "no problemo" even though she's one of the busiest people I've ever met. If you become a Creatrix bride, expect to be invited to board game nights, get your nails done together and basically gain a great new gal-pal in the months leading up to your wedding. I'm so glad we decided to have a small DIY wedding and splurge on the photography because in the end, she made our wedding look like we paid big bucks to cerastes a dreamy Pinterest wedding, which I feel every bride will appreciate.

2015-09-22T02:42:34 Response from the vendor

love this!!! Thank you!!!

Reviewed on 9/16/2015 Breana F

The difference between having Jenna as your fabulous photographer, versus anyone else, is that: With other photographers, you may be uncomfortable and posing awkwardly, while smiling in the same stance, unsure what to do with your awkward face that doesn't feel attached to you... Read More anymore. With Jenna, she comes alive when she puts you in front of the camera, you can't help but laugh and smile and joke around. She directs you, on how to hide that double chin, or those love handles, to give you the most flattering pictures for your specific body type. She does this, and she loves to experiment with lighting, poses, putting you in candid pictures without you even noticing! My hesitant fiancé was even impressed that we had "fun" doing something he was seriously dreading. She's the only person I trust to fully capture our essence, and she's worth every penny 😉

2015-09-22T02:43:34 Response from the vendor

Awww thank you so much!!!

Reviewed on 8/12/2015 William S

Jenna was amazing and our photos turned out incredible. We were married at the beach and let her know we were open to getting wet/dirty for our photos as long as we had fun! She waded through water, had great suggestions and we couldn't have been happier.

2015-09-22T02:43:49 Response from the vendor

thank you thank you thank you!!!!!

Reviewed on 8/11/2015 Nicole F

I found Jenna on the The Knot while looking for a photographer for our destination wedding in Hawaii, all the way from NY. After looking at her photos and talking with her over email, I knew she was the one. She was amazing!! She even helped me find a hair and makeup artist on... Read More the island. Jenna showed up on time, and went straight to work, taking the most beautiful pictures!! She made my husband, who is usually shy in front on the camera, very comfortable! Jenna is SO very talented. You will have beautiful photos and a new friend. Go with Creatrix Photography..you wont regret it.

Reviewed on 5/28/2015

Wow.... I don't know where to start! I was planning my wedding in Oahu from California and the second I contacted Jenna, she was on it. She was prompt with the communication (I was having issues hearing back from other prospects) and was very helpful with everything. Jenna was... Read More so great at wrangling everyone together and went above and beyond for the perfect shot! We were in love with her BEFORE we got our pictures back. Once we got the pictures back from her we were absolutely blown away! The way Jenna captured all our special (and fun) moments was amazing!! We are beyond 100% pleased with the entire experience. By the end of the night Jenna felt like more of a friend than just our photographer. I HIGHLY recommend Jenna for all your photography needs, she is so talented and so passionate for what she does, and it shows through her work. We loved her!

Perfect Photographer for our Vow Renewal

Reviewed on 4/17/2015

My husband and I had a 10yr vow renewal in Maui with our 3 young children. After searching forever, Jenna came recommended to me, from my hometown family photographer. She was not on my original search list so I am so happy I asked!!!! Her prices were comparable to others in... Read More Maui or even cheaper. She is so professional, quick to respond to questions, lighthearted and so easy to work with. She was patient and goofy with my kids, to get that perfect shot. I am beyond happy with the final images. She captured the evening perfectly. Worth every single penny I paid!

Great Pics

Reviewed on 4/08/2015

My husband and I were looking for a photographer that would understand what we wanted in our pictures. I was determined not to have standard traditional pictures and wanted movement and unique situations. Jenna gave me exactly what I asked for and made us feel very comfortable... Read More throughout the process. She is very easy to work with and I would definitely recommend her services to the LGBT community.

Easy choice for a photographer!

Reviewed on 4/07/2015

I've followed Jenna's work for years but being based on the East Coast, I knew I could only do just that. Follow. Recently, I was finally able to book a trip to Hawaii with my then boyfriend and I could not wait to book with Jenna! Her work is so colorful, sharp, and she possess... Read More this artistic eye that not many do! My boyfriend ended up proposing during out photoshoot and I couldn't have picked a better person to capture that moment with. Jenna is so fun to work with and she is super helpful with making you feel comfortable in front of the camera! If you're looking around for photographers, stop now. You found the perfect one!!!

The best hour I've ever had in front of a lens!

Reviewed on 1/12/2015

Jenna was an absolute TREAT. She made the planning a breeze, the shoot a pleasure, and the result... amazing pictures that we will treasure forever! She customized a package for us because we were basically eloping on the beach and not having a reception. It was care-free, fun,... Read More and I LOVE OUR PICTURES!

Photographer Plus Plus

Reviewed on 1/10/2015

My husband and I decided to elope in Oahu, and was referred to Jenna from one of our friends. We were pretty lost in our planning since we had never been to Oahu before, and Jenna stepped up and gave us references for everything! She hooked us up with an AMAZING florist, the... Read More nicest minister, and even a serene beach location for the event! With unpredictable traffic issues, Jenna worked directly with our minister to change our venue in the 11th hour, saving me the stress! Along the way, she also sent us reviews, questionnaires, and emails to make sure that our creative directions were on the same page. Then, on our wedding day, she was STELLAR! She showed up with an assistant who allowed her to give us more attention and take more photos of us. She made me feel so at ease (truly truly stress free)! She offered several different natural backdrops for a unique variety of photos in 1 location. We received a sneak peek the day of our wedding, and she leaked several photos a week (including publishing an amazing blog post about us) and over delivered on our photos--we got them 2 weeks after our wedding and every photo was just beautiful! Her photo site made ordering professional prints and downloading our high resolution photos extremely easy, and she personally checked in with us after delivery to make sure we were pleased. I can't say more--her communication, professionalism, and passion for the art were clear through execution and delivery. Best decision (other than picking my husband) ever!

Fun session and gorgeous results

Reviewed on 1/09/2015 Andrea R

From start to finish Jenna was awesome to work with. She was extremely flexible and accomodating with our schedule and location. We were having a destination wedding near Waikiki (we are from NC) and being unfamiliar with Hawaii she offered great suggestions on the best time of... Read More the morning to have good lighting for our ceremony and pictures. I couldn't believe some of the pictures she got during our ceremony... I truly never saw her one time the entire ceremony but the pictures looked like she could have been right next to us. Impressive! The post ceremony photo shoot went extremely well. Jenna has an excellent eye for what will make a beautiful picture and can really capture the moment all while making you feel very comfortable and natural. Her work truly is art. Highly recommended!

We heart Jenna!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

Creatrixphotography: She's lovely and she takes a mean photo. :) She was prompt and reliable- two things that matter most on the big day and she was easy to be around. Her relaxed, silly personality make her a total joy. I definitely recommend Jenna to be your wedding... Read More photographer.

Professional and traveled from Hawaii

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

Great job, showed up on time, took great pictures and very friendly and personable.

Absolutely wonderful

Reviewed on 10/23/2014

Jenna was absolutely wonderful to work with. My partner and I wanted something other than your typical portrait style wedding photos. After searching through several online portfolios we stumbled across Jenna’s. Her photographs really caught our eye. She captures everything in... Read More one photo… the couple, the land and the moment in time. She went above and beyond to get all the photos that we wanted and from every possible angle. I give her the highest recommendation.