Creatrix Photography

(48)

Pearl City, HI

For the adventurous and lighthearted couples!

Our photography is based upon candid romance, for adventurous and lighthearted couples. We provide full services, with custom collections to fit anyone's needs!

Specialty

A Variety/Blend of Styles

Other Styles

Boudoir, Trash the Dress

Under $1,000

98-062 Kuleana Pl, Pearl City, HI

I Wish There Were More Stars

Reviewed on 10/31/2012 LéMonaco B

My wedding was a few weeks away and I couldn't find a photographer anywhere on the island that was available for my date. I desperately searched the internet and found Jenna on Yelp of all places. When I came across her review I went to her website and called and left a message. My finance and I were so blown away by how cool her video was, and by the questions she asks if you choose to send her an email, I knew she was going to be the perfect match for my event. Well she was indeed!! Jenna went so far beyond anything I could have ever imagined!! She actually helped me put on my wedding dress!!! Jenna was so dedicated to making us happy it became evident to all my guests and all the staff of our reception. Some of my guest asked me for Jenna's information because of just how special she was, and how she made our day perfectly memorable. I can't say enough words about just how wonderful Jenna really is. Our wedding was all white everything, on a bright sunny day in July, in an all white chapel, and the images came out amazing!!! We loved them!!! I can't wait to use Jenna again for all my events, she even inspired me to want to do a photo shoot!! Jenna Rocks!!!

La la love Creatrix Photography!

Reviewed on 6/24/2012 Cassy H

Jenna became somewhat of a regular at the coffee shop I was working in downtown Honolulu this past year. She would come in about three times a week before one of her classes so we became pretty good friends. So, when I became engaged she started offering to travel to shoot my wedding (since I would be moving away from Hawai'i when the school year ended). I just loved the idea and loved her. She was always editing or working on something wonderful during her tri-weekly visits so I felt super comfortable letting her be my photographer. My husband and I flew Jenna out to Seattle for a four day getaway. When she showed up the morning of the wedding she got straight to taking pictures and didn't stop until we said our farewells. She was absolutely wonderful and was super comfortable to be around. Having your picture taken is more intimate than one would think, but when someone wasn't doing something flattering in pictures she told them what to do instead. And when she was loving what we were doing, she let us know - which made us all feel really great about ourselves. In rainy windy unpredictable Washington Jenna still worked ALL of her magic. A few times during our group shots it started sprinkling but she didn't let it stop her, I loved that she didn't give up. I can't love on Jenna Clark of Creatrix Photography enough! She did such a beautiful job capturing our special day and the icing on the cake is that she's a joy to be around. Creativity really runs deep in her blood. She went above and beyond for me and capture even the tiniest of details of my day. If you need a photographer, especially for weddings, she's your gal. Thank you again Jenna!! (:

exceptional wedding photography!!!

Reviewed on 3/22/2012 APRIL D

I found Jenna at the last minute, a month before my wedding. My wedding planner had recommended Creatrix when I decided I wasn't impressed with my former photographer's portfolio. I am so relieved and happy I hired her! Her work is beautiful and I love our wedding photos. From the get-go she was professional, excited, and full of fun, fantastic ideas. She was truly vested in making sure we got quality photos and went above and beyond expectations for a photographer. She worked exceptionally well within our limited timeframe, ordered personalized photo props, and had balloons delivered to the venue for further photos! She stayed late, when our reception timeline was delayed to capture our father/daughter and son/mother dances. And her turn around time was amazing, we had all of our photos within 2 weeks of the wedding. I am so pleased with the images and her prices are incredibly reasonable. Notably she's prefers shooting in natural light, so outdoor she's best suited for outdoor venues. While she captured great moments and emotion inside our reception venue, I was most impressed with the quality of our outdoor images--they were amazing! She's just breaking into the wedding industry and she's fantastic...so hire her now while her prices are manageable.

The best hour I've ever had in front of a lens!

Reviewed on 1/12/2015

Jenna was an absolute TREAT. She made the planning a breeze, the shoot a pleasure, and the result... amazing pictures that we will treasure forever! She customized a package for us because we were basically eloping on the beach and not having a reception. It was care-free, fun, and I LOVE OUR PICTURES!

Photographer Plus Plus

Reviewed on 1/10/2015

My husband and I decided to elope in Oahu, and was referred to Jenna from one of our friends. We were pretty lost in our planning since we had never been to Oahu before, and Jenna stepped up and gave us references for everything! She hooked us up with an AMAZING florist, the nicest minister, and even a serene beach location for the event! With unpredictable traffic issues, Jenna worked directly with our minister to change our venue in the 11th hour, saving me the stress! Along the way, she also sent us reviews, questionnaires, and emails to make sure that our creative directions were on the same page. Then, on our wedding day, she was STELLAR! She showed up with an assistant who allowed her to give us more attention and take more photos of us. She made me feel so at ease (truly truly stress free)! She offered several different natural backdrops for a unique variety of photos in 1 location. We received a sneak peek the day of our wedding, and she leaked several photos a week (including publishing an amazing blog post about us) and over delivered on our photos--we got them 2 weeks after our wedding and every photo was just beautiful! Her photo site made ordering professional prints and downloading our high resolution photos extremely easy, and she personally checked in with us after delivery to make sure we were pleased. I can't say more--her communication, professionalism, and passion for the art were clear through execution and delivery. Best decision (other than picking my husband) ever!

Fun session and gorgeous results

Reviewed on 1/09/2015 Andrea R

From start to finish Jenna was awesome to work with. She was extremely flexible and accomodating with our schedule and location. We were having a destination wedding near Waikiki (we are from NC) and being unfamiliar with Hawaii she offered great suggestions on the best time of the morning to have good lighting for our ceremony and pictures. I couldn't believe some of the pictures she got during our ceremony... I truly never saw her one time the entire ceremony but the pictures looked like she could have been right next to us. Impressive! The post ceremony photo shoot went extremely well. Jenna has an excellent eye for what will make a beautiful picture and can really capture the moment all while making you feel very comfortable and natural. Her work truly is art. Highly recommended!

We heart Jenna!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

Creatrixphotography: She's lovely and she takes a mean photo. :) She was prompt and reliable- two things that matter most on the big day and she was easy to be around. Her relaxed, silly personality make her a total joy. I definitely recommend Jenna to be your wedding photographer.

Professional and traveled from Hawaii

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

Great job, showed up on time, took great pictures and very friendly and personable.

Absolutely wonderful

Reviewed on 10/23/2014

Jenna was absolutely wonderful to work with. My partner and I wanted something other than your typical portrait style wedding photos. After searching through several online portfolios we stumbled across Jenna’s. Her photographs really caught our eye. She captures everything in one photo… the couple, the land and the moment in time. She went above and beyond to get all the photos that we wanted and from every possible angle. I give her the highest recommendation.

A fairytale photographer

Reviewed on 10/22/2014

Yes I was a bride and I have been looking so much, went through so many websites and looked through so many photos to find a photographer I like. And luckily we found Jenna. We love our photos. I like how she is using the light, I love how with her photos she is telling a story. And besides she is a great girl who shows that she cares and who is moving around like the Spider-Man to make the photos she has in mind :-)

Jenna has an amazing eye for the shot as well as working with difficult subjects.

Reviewed on 10/16/2014

Jenna and her Associate Photograper were amazing! We have an Autistic/Down syndrome son who is hard to photograph and Jenna got him to look at the camera long enough to snap his photo every time. That in itself is a rare feit. She also did not take one picture I really did not like. I will recommend Jenna to any and all people who could use her services!!

The Best!

Reviewed on 10/16/2014 Amy D

Jenna was a pleasure to work with, and I would (and have) recommend her to anyone seeking professional photography services. I found Jenna through a bridal expo in Honolulu. Her photography style stood out to me, as I was looking for something very particular. We booked Jenna over a year in advance and she was so generous in allowing us to set up a payment plan. This granted us the opportunity to choose the photography package we really wanted, while not breaking the bank. Jenna's packages include an engagement session which helps you get to know her, lets her get to know you, and makes for a smooth sail on the wedding day. She's so natural at what she does, which makes you feel more relaxed, too. I loved how Jenna took charge on the wedding day, but also remained polite and friendly. The turn around time for getting your photos back is wicked fast! She's very proficient in returning emails in a timely manner, and she goes above and beyond to make her brides feel special. I cannot put into words how pleased we are with our wedding photos. She truly captured the emotion and story of the entire day. I'm so grateful for her, and her work.

Awesome!

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Michelle L

Jenna was fantastic to work with! My wedding was in all honesty a little unorganized and Jenna came in not only wearing her photographer hat but also many others! I was so glad to have her around. She was the only vendor that I knew I could depend on, for those of you who have planned or are planning a wedding you know how good that feeling is. We also loved her work! As a little note Jenna is also very in tune with her clients. Shortly before our engagement session which involved our 2 pups one of them suddenly passed away. Jenna showed so much compassion and offered to take a few photos of her as a memorial before she had passed. The next day after the photos were taken she passed away. Both my husband and I are both so grateful that she was able to catch her last moments with us. All in all, we were very glad we chose Jenna!

Best Photographer...Ever

Reviewed on 10/14/2014

When we started planning our wedding, my wife and me knew that photography was a major thing that we wanted to do right. My wife found Jenna and from the first meeting we had with her we were very at ease with her. She is very outgoing and up front with all aspects of her buisness. We had our engagement shoot with her before I left for a sixth month deployment and she made us very comfortable in front of the camera. She is very good with working with people and very experienced at making people feel at ease. She even maintained contact with me and my wife through my deployment to ensure that all aspects were covered. There was less than a month left to plan things after I got back, so she was very helpful in doing that over email. She is accomodating to those other ciurcumstances that may make that difficult. When the day of our wedding came around she was able to capture both my wife and my getting ready, and she was on-site in both locations to capture the key moments of each. At first, I was reluctant to do a first-look session with her as it is a departure from tradition, however, again she made me feel at ease, and I am very glad she did as they turned out beautiful and are a wonderful addition to our memories. She even put her own equipment at risk to capture the perfect shot (Rain and flashes don't mix, but they are awesome pictures!!!). I love Jenna so much and we will definitely use her again. I would whole-heartedly recommend her to friends and family for their photograph needs.

Best Photographer Ever!

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Karie S

When we started planning our wedding I knew photography was #1 on my list of priorities. I wanted beautiful photographs to remember our day. That is exactly what we received with Jenna as our photographer. First, she shot our engagement photos before my fiance left on deployment. She made my fiance comfortable and was willing to find gorgeous shooting locations for us. My second session with her was for boudoir photos. I wanted to give my fiance a gift. The session was so much fun. It was never uncomfortable and the result was amazing! Finally, Jenna shot our wedding. She captured everything: the excitement of the wedding, the emotion of our vows, the shenanigans of the groomsmen, the innocence of the flower girls, the fun of the reception. Everything. Everyone loved the photos they were captured in. I can relive the day again and again in our beautiful photographs. I will book her again. We'll be using Jenna again for family photographs, maternity photos, and more!

Jenna is da bomb

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Bailey B

i have to first off start with how much I love Jenna. I'm actually a pretty laid back bride and she lets me know when things need to be done but is not pushy in any way. I met Jenna through friends and then got to see her work. She does a fantastic job and is sooo professional. I know Jenna as a friend as well and she always tells you when she is switching hats from friend to photographer. She is always willing to give you her honest opinion. I think Jenna gives amazing rates. She is flying from Hawaii ( where we both live) to upstate New York ( where the wedding is) plus doing an engagement shoot and a complete wedding day for less than what we were quoted by a few people in the town we are getting married in. If you want a great photographer with an awesome personality...it's Jenna all the way.

THE BEST IN HAWAII!!!

Reviewed on 9/26/2014 Amy O

Words cannot begin to express how grateful we were to find Jenna. I called her on the phone and felt an instant connection. She explains everything and even helped us hook up with others on the island to make our wedding a huge success!! She met us on the beach prior to our wedding to take an engagement shoot so we could have an in person meet and greet before the big day!! Never in my wildest dream would I have expected to receive my photos and LOVE each and every one of them!! She was able to capture the story in full detail for me to relive those moments like the just happened all over again!!! She will literally climb mountains to ensure she get the best shot!! Jenna is full of life, entertaining, and extremely spunky!!! I love that about her even though we live very far apart I feel we can now call her a friend!!!!

Quality

Reviewed on 9/26/2014 Vicky X

Jenna is extremely artistic with her photography. She truly understands how to use her surroundings to elevate the emotions in her photos. I appreciated her honesty and opinions. I would love to use her again for some family photos now that the wedding is over. Something that I really enjoyed was how easy she was during the booking process. Highly recommend emailing her if you are looking to do some unique styled photography for your wedding. .

Luckiest Couple in the World

Reviewed on 3/15/2014

Choosing the right photographer is one of the most important decisions you will need to make for your wedding day. Boy, did we luck out with Jenna! Not only was she super attentive to our needs and wishes, her experience proved most invaluable in deciding on the shots we would want (be sure to listen to her!). And, of course, her talent, eye and personality helped us to capture some of the most important moments of this day. She took pictures of the littlest details that now, when I look at, stirs up emotions from that day. She laid our cufflinks side-by-side and the image is breathtaking. Jenna, thank you for your magic! ---From Eric While I was eager for my wedding day to come, I was not as eager for the exhausting search that it takes to find a good photographer. We are a gay couple which can't help but to be a factor in who you choose. Same-sex marriage had only been passed a few weeks before our wedding day, so the idea was fresh to a lot of people and was probably untested to a lot of photographers. Well, when we found Jenna, she shared in our excitement for the wedding and made us feel as special as I'm sure any other couple would like to feel on their special day. No matter what the quality of pictures that my husband Eric described above (and trust me, they are A+ quality!), what was really important to me was that we could find someone who treated us with respect and yes - love. And, for that, Jenna - I will be forever grateful! ---From Chad

More than just a photographer

Reviewed on 3/11/2014

If you've ever encountered a trustworthy sales person, you know that they do more than just sell you a product or service. They take time to understand what you're needs are, where and when the service they provide will suit you best and how their product or service will fit into your life. Creatrix Photography by Jenna provides nothing short of AMAZING photographs but also the great services for a (hopefully) once in a lifetime event. My wife and I live in Japan and had to remotely choose who we wanted as our photographer. We went online for a quest to search for the right person. Out of dozens of photographer's websites we looked at, everyone posts their best photographs on their website, make our venture to choose the right photographer difficult at first. But when we got to the Creatrix website, the inquiry form was what really sold us. The creativity put into the "contact us" was about a form that allowed us to tell her why we thought she was great, and the ability to tell her about us, all in a letter format to Jenna. The initiation process was already a letter to a friend. From there, her correspondence was great. Granted, my replies to emails were slow, but nonetheless she was always quick in getting back to us, and if she couldn't get back to us, we would get an answer as to what was to come. Her photography services combine the benefits of organized steps to get us prepared for the wedding, where and what she needs throughout the day and how she will deliver results, with the full creativity of a world-class photographer. She has a portal set up to make sure we know what we will get and to make sure we know what we need to provide so she can prepare for our day. The completed photograph package are made available online which is also available through an app which makes life easy for us when we're viewing. Throughout our wedding, she was proactive about getting our shots, and talked us through how we should pose and when we should be posing or just acting natural. The photographs are AWESOME! Classy, colourful and she is able to capture the moments perfectly. For our portrait shots, she set us up to create the moment we wanted her to capture. Her angles, her lighting and her charisma really helped to bring out the best in us. Right from start to the end delivery, she was perfect. We didn't have the chance to meet Jenna before we got to Hawaii, but after reading the reviews and even more so after experiencing the wedding day, and then after getting our photographs, we were happy that Jenna was part of our wedding experience. She helped make our wedding and she helped to leave every moment of our wedding for the rest of our lives. Oops... I forgot to mention. She is way cool and such an awesome person to hang out with. She's funny, witty and makes us laugh. Need I say more?

amazing photos

Reviewed on 3/11/2014

Jenna took our wedding pictures at the beach, and all I can say is WOW!!!! All my friends were impressed and said they were the best wedding pictures they have seen. Jenna was very creative in all of them and was able to beautifully capture the moment. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. But most importantly, Jenna was a wonderful person to work with. She was always very friendly and helpful. She recommended the perfect spot for the pictures as well as other people that could help us out. I HIGHLY recommend working with Jenna and we'll always be very grateful towards her.

Thank you Jenna!

Reviewed on 2/24/2014 Suchitra P

Special thanks to our greasy, pushy, fun loving photographer!! She is exactly what you need for a photographer… capable, hardworking, fun and direct (especially important with Indian families). Above all, Jenna is a gifted visionary. These beautiful images don’t make themselves, she is behind every click.

Hawaii Wedding Photographer!

Reviewed on 1/25/2014 Lyndsey Y

Jenna was great! She was easy to get ahold of and worked hard at getting all the shots I wanted. She even stayed an extra 30minutes because our Lion Dancers were late. I was very happy with the pictures she took and I can't wait for the photo book, that was included in our package.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 1/06/2014 Jill R

I chose Creatrix Photography because Jenna's (owner) work stood out from everyone else's at the expo. I would visit her website several times before the now husband and I sat with her to talk about packages and booking her for our big day. I would say she is an expert when it comes to natural lightening and really knows how to use her equipment. Several other great things about Jenna are that she is fun, friendly and very personable. She really wants to get to know her clients and keeps in contact with you throughout your engagement to ensure that she provides the best service possible for your big day.

AMAZING gorgeous-ness!

Reviewed on 10/07/2013

Jenna is a rare talent. She's able to capture the feeling of any moment. I am so blessed to have found her and that she's been able to capture a lot of the most wonderful moments in my life. Jenna's true gift is her ability to be authentic and real, she immediately makes you feel comfortable. You don't even realize she's there. She's like a ninja photographer! When I look back on my photos I'm able to relive every moment! Jenna's follow up and attention to detail made me feel comfortable and confident through every step of the process! Mahalo Jenna, keep up the amazing work! You are a true creative! The world is better because of you! Go Girl! Aloha-

Send Email