Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Spas, Beauty

751 N. May St., Chicago, IL (847) 372-7784

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Lauren L

Crizen did an incredible job for my wedding. Her professionalism, positivity, and creativity was exactly what I needed for my big day. She did my hair and makeup, as well as the hair and makeup for my mother and bridesmaids. I gave some of the girls some flexibility to do a... Read More variety of styles for the big day and Crizen was able to transform everyone's hair into something beautiful that reflected everyone's personality. During our trial session I asked for a "sexy ponytail" which she did an awesome job on, but after spending too many hours on Pinterest, I changed my mind last minute - and she made it happen! Even with a variety of hair accessories! The makeup looked flawless for everyone, it was a hot and humid day and even after dancing and taking pictures outside, everyone still looked fresh like they just had it done. No melting faces! Thank you again Crizen!!! You're the absolute BEST! I've recommended her to all of my fellow friends that are looking for hair and makeup for any event!

Crizen is awesome!!!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Joanne C

I love Crizen and I highly recommend her services to anyone! From the moment I contacted her to ask about her availability for my wedding til the very last moment right before I put my wedding dress on, Crizen was helpful, professional, and knew exactly how I wanted to look... Read More on my big day. She also did hair for my MOH and bridesmaid, which they loved. All our guests kept commenting on how beautiful we all looked and we were very happy. Thanks Crizen!

amazing amazing amazing

Reviewed on 11/24/2014 Agnes C

Crizen is amazing to work with. She is not only extremely professional and creative, but incredibly friendly and fun. I enjoyed my hair trial and liked what she did, but in between the trial and the wedding I saw some other hairstyles that I loved and asked if she could do it.... Read More Not only did she do it, she did it perfectly! Crizen is like the hair whisperer. She knew my hair texture and abilities, and probably even knew how I wanted it to look before I even did. You give her a lukewarm description, maybe a few photos like I did, and she works her magic. Same goes for makeup. I'm not very good at describing what I want I realized, but she knows what questions to ask you to ensure you love the makeup. I felt comfortable with it looking natural but was incredibly impressed with how she knows just how to work the makeup so it looks fabulous in photos. I had 5 bridesmaids and 2 MILs but we started on time and Crizen seamlessly finished everyone's hair AND makeup with time to spare. I don't know how she does it, but one by one each woman looked as lovely as can be and we spent much of the extra time gushing over how fabulous everyone looked and taking photos. Crizen truly is an artist and extremely creative especially when dealing with such a huge variety of hair types. You don't get married often (usually!) so if you want to look as stunning as you can be, work with Crizen because she will make you look and feel beautiful.

Crizen is amazing!

Reviewed on 11/10/2014 Naz F

I got married June 14th, 2014 and I couldn't have been more pleased and happy with Crizen and her amazing team. I'm so grateful I was referred to her by a friend. Crizen is so amazing at what she does and I fell in love with her work from my hair/make up trial to engagement... Read More photo shoot to the wedding day. I had about 7 family members who were getting ready with me on the wedding day, plus my mom and my mommy in law and Crizen and her team of 4 got everyone's hair and make up done in time. She was so organized,professional, flexible, easy to talk to, understood exactly what I wanted and made the process so enjoyable. I really appreciate all she did and would definitely refer her to friends to family. I look forward to having hair and make up done by her again for special occasions. Thank you Crizen.

Crizen Hasegawa hair and make up

Reviewed on 10/16/2014 Andreah d

I booked Crizen and her team to do the hair and makeup for myself and my entourage. I had seen her a month prior to do my trial and was very impressed. She was very easy to to talk to and answered all my hair and makeup concerns. I saw her at 10am and did not do my prewedding... Read More shoot until around 4pbut I did not have to do any retouch. A week before the wedding she sent me a spreadsheet with the sched for the entire group which I was able to send out so not everyone had to come to my suite so early. She ( and her team) were amazing! They came on time and was finished before they were scheduled to get done. She help made my wedding day less stressful! I would definitely recommend her to everyone.

Wedding

Reviewed on 10/16/2014 Elaine C

Crizen was amazing on our wedding day! She came to our hotel early. Everything was so organized and the morning of the wedding was flawless for the hair and make-up. She did such an amazing job and the entire wedding party looked beautiful!

Would not recommend Senior Stylists

Reviewed on 10/12/2014 Annie N

I used Crizen's Senior Stylists for my wedding day and I would not recommend them for your wedding day. I coordinated everything with Crizen, however she was unavailable for my wedding day so I booked her senior stylists. A good friend of mine used Crizen for her wedding and... Read More had wonderful reviews of both the schedule, ease of the day and overall look of her bridal party. I wrongly assumed that I would have the same experience by working with Crizen’s Senior Stylists. In working with Crizen to arrange my wedding date, I told her many times how important the timeline and prompt schedule is to me. While she understood this priority, it did not occur on my wedding day. The make-up was the biggest issue – the schedule Crizen made allotted 30 minutes for per bridesmaid for make-up (with 1 make-up artist). However, the make-up artist took over 45 minutes per person resulting in nearly a 2 HOUR DELAY. No bride has an extra 2 hours on their wedding day – I certainly didn’t. While working on the 2nd bridesmaid of the day, I informed the make-up artist that she was already 40 minutes behind schedule and I asked her to be more prompt. She continued to take 45 minutes per person when only 30 was allotted. For hair - I had insisted on 2 hair stylist and Crizen scheduled 45min-1hour for each person. This was adequate and they were on schedule; however, the make-up delays caused some delays to their schedules as well. Also, I was personally frustrated that my stylist deviated from the hair trial and needed day-of decisions. It was very frustrating to be behind schedule and troubleshooting my new hairstyle. Additionally, I noticed in pictures that many of the bridesmaids’ hair became undone throughout the day. I expect up-do hair styles to stay put like a statue until the girl unpins it at the end of the night. Overall – this is the 1 and only vendor from my wedding that I cannot recommend. The schedule delays were beyond frustrating and I’m disappointed I paid for a pricey service only to have sub-par results. In bringing these issues to Crizen, she apologized profusely and offered salon, hair or make-up services for a future event. I do believe her apology was sincere, but she failed to follow through on her offer after I accepted her apology and provided my contact information. Therefore – just a disappointment and I would caution other bride’s considering using Crizen’s stylists.

2014-10-15T09:51:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your feedback. Our goal is to make brides beautiful on their wedding day. Although the schedule was off, we're glad that you were still happy with your hair and makeup and that the rest of your wedding day went well!... Read Less Read More

Hair/Makeup at its Finest!

Reviewed on 10/11/2014 Valari A

The decision to hire Crizen for my wedding hair and makeup did not take much thought. After working with about 5 other women that had used Crizen for their special day, I had to schedule a trial. Prior to meeting her we spoke via email and she was always quick to reply, and... Read More very helpful. She worked around my crazy schedule to plan a hair and makeup trial session. In addition to my wedding day, I hired her to do my hair and makeup for a boudoir photo shoot that I later gifted my husband with on the morning of our wedding. She gave me the perfect look for the photo shoot and helped guide me in areas I was unsure of. Her skill and knowledge is very apparent in all her work, but most of all what I loved about her was her confidence. As a bride you want to feel like things are under control. From the trial, photo shoot, and wedding day, I never once doubted her work. She did a fabulous job, and I received many compliments. My makeup and hair lasted all day and I felt flawless. Thank you for your amazing job!

Crizen Hasegawa

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Tanya H

We just got married September 13 and we feel blessed to have had Crizen and her team. Crizen and her team did my hair and makeup beautifully! My husband said he got the goosebumps when he saw me! She made our experience enjoyable with her communication and being so organized... Read More throughout our wedding planning. We liked how she provided a timeline for the wedding day. This way our bridesmaids and family were on time and punctual. I will definitely refer her to my friends, who are getting married this year!

Groom Hair cut before the big day

Reviewed on 10/03/2014 Jose B

Crizen has been my hairstylist for sometime now and it was a no brainer to use her for my wedding day. Everyone knows that it takes one bad haircut to ruin your day. I have been seeing Crizen for my haircuts and she has always done an exceptional job that when I leave her... Read More salon I get that extra pep in my step..lol On my wedding day she spent even more time on my hair to ensure it was perfect and my wedding pictures reflected that. I could not ask for a better hair day than I had on my wedding day. Thanks Criz!!!!

One happy bride

Reviewed on 9/20/2014

Crizen was extremely easy and fun to work with. Her relaxed, easygoing personality, along with her professionalism made the whole process seamless. She listened to all my ideas for the trial and when I wanted some small changes on the day of the wedding, she was so accommodating... Read More and I couldn't have been happier with the end results. I looked exactly the way I envisioned it in my head. My hair isn't always the easiest to work with (it's thick and I have a lot of it!), but she was able to tame it so that I could leave it down and curly like I wanted. My curls lasted all night, and even managed to look good the next morning after being slept in! As a makeup artist, Crizen knows how to strike the fine balance between being made up for a formal event while still looking like yourself. As my best friend says: Pictures last forever. Thank goodness I had Crizen to make me look good for them. =)

Crizen is the very best!

Reviewed on 9/04/2014 Whitney A

Crizen is nothing short of amazing! She works wonders with hair and makeup. Crizen and Ashley – a stylist on Crizen’s team – traveled to Michigan to do hair and makeup for my wedding. With seven bridesmaids, my mom and me, Crizen and Ashley were asked to do nine completely... Read More different hairstyles on very different hair types, and all came out flawlessly! Everybody was thrilled with their hair and makeup, and thanks to Crizen, I couldn’t have felt more beautiful on my wedding day. Equally as important, Crizen is a fabulous addition to the bridal suite! She’s so much fun and fit right in with my friends and family. I HIGHLY recommend Crizen and her team – they’re the very best!

Picture Perfect

Reviewed on 9/01/2014 Jennifer H

Every bride wants to look picture perfect on her wedding day and Crizen made this dream a reality. I first hired Crizen to do my hair and makeup for engagement photos. According to friends and family, I had never looked more beautiful. (I have to agree!) The soft curls I... Read More wanted held up all day and the makeup was natural, yet enhanced what I consider my best features. I am African-American without a relaxer and finding someone who can execute perfect and contemporary hair styles can be a challenge. After success with the engagement photos, I was confident that Crizen would be the best person do everyone's hair on my wedding day. She gave me, my mom, my two sisters, and my mother-in-law exactly what we each wanted. Everyone looked amazing, unique, and most importantly, their looks lasted all day and night. Crizen is now my only hair stylist and I appreciate the attention she gives each individual client. You are in and out quickly and don't have to give up half your day for an appointment. I would highly recommend Crizen for any and all future hair and makeup needs.

Great Service, Quality and Value

Reviewed on 8/27/2014 Carolina D

The services provided by Crizen and her team were amazing! I hired them to do the hair and make up for my wedding. The price included my four bridesmaids, my mom and myself (the Bride) for hair and makeup the day of the wedding as well as a trial for me. The girls and I all... Read More showed pictures of hair and make up we desired and they came out just alike. Both services lasted all night however, I would have liked to receive a complimentary lipstick or something since it was such a big group and purchase. I would definitely hire them for another special occasion but possibly try to visit their location instead to try and save on the price.

Amazing bridal hair and makeup

Reviewed on 6/23/2014 Heather W

I found Crizen based on her online reviews. I knew within the first 10 minutes of my trial that I had made a great decision choosing her for my wedding hair and makeup. In addition to being extremely talented, Crizen is warm and funny and immediately made me feel at ease. On my... Read More wedding day Crizen and Jenai came to our hotel suite to do hair and make up for my bridal party and me. Although it may be a little cheaper to go to a salon, the time and stress saved by having them come to us was well worth it. I have never felt as beautiful as I did on my wedding day. My hair and makeup lasted the entire day through tears and dancing and looked great in pictures. I highly recommend Crizen and her team!

Crizen is the BEST!!!

Reviewed on 2/11/2014 Cece W

Crizen is phenomenal! I looked AMAZING and it's all because of her. During my trial, she listened to a few ideas that I had in mind and she also played around with my hair and headpiece I was wearing for the wedding to get the look I was going for. I had so many ideas that she... Read More actually ended up doing my hair for my rehearsal dinner as well so I could get a couple different looks into my wedding events. I have hair to my mid-back and I wanted a pinup where it would look like a bob. It was darling and perfect for my rehearsal dinner, then come the wedding she did a half up look with curls and lots of height on top! She gave me options for lashes and looked at some of the makeup looks I liked most from The Knot and Pinterest. She was very flexible and even added on the week of an additional friend outside of my party who wanted hair and makeup. Plus, my little sister had eye surgery the morning of my wedding and Crizen and her team waited a little to let her sleep a little longer before doing her hair and makeup for the wedding. Everyone looked fabulous and very complete. All of our hair and makeup lasted through the night! I go to her for cuts and color now too and recently sent my new cousin-in-law to her for a drastic cut, long hair to short bob, and she left texting me,"I LOVE CRIZEN!!!". Crizen and her team are amazing at what they do. I will recommend them to everyone!

Reviewed on 12/12/2013 Caroline B

I hired Crizen to do my hair and makeup, along with my maid of honor and my mother, for my wedding day. I cannot say enough wonderful things about her or her work. She is an absolute joy to be around, which is important on your wedding day. And her work if flawless. I was blown... Read More away and have never felt more beautiful in my life. The hair and makeup lasted all day and night without any retouching. Hire her immediately, you will not regret it!! :)

Crizen is the best!

Reviewed on 11/17/2013 Brighid R

Crizen is amazing!!!!!! I had a trial with her and knew immediately that she was the one. She has great intuition and ideas. She and her team were great on wedding day. They were on time and ready to get going. They did hair and make up for myself, my maids, the moms and the... Read More flower girls. I wore my hair down in lose curls and she trimmed and placed my extensions so they looked lush and real. The make up was exactly what I wanted. I brought pictures for inspiration and to communicate my vision and she surpassed my expectations. Crizen is very professional, but also light and funny. She was just who I needed next to me as things got overwhelming with family and friends were buzzing all over the place. I could not have been more happy

What more could you ask for?

Reviewed on 10/13/2013 Sara B

Crizen was an absolute joy to work with. She was the first person I met with for a bridal hair and makeup consultation and off the bat, she got my style. I was sold after 10 minutes! Crizen is very creative and will offer helpful suggestions. She will make sure to achieve... Read More what you want done at your trial so that you feel comfortable for what you will look like on your wedding day. There were 11 women getting hair and makeup done which I was scared would be a little overwhelming. However, Crizen brought a fantastic team of stylists with her that were just as talented as she was. She helped keep everyone on schedule and made sure everyone looked their best before we left for pictures! Plus, she is just easy to get along with so everyone had so much fun chatting and laughing while getting ready. I had many compliments on how great the bridal party looked on our wedding day and when I saw my pictures, I was blown away at how great everyone's hair and make up held up! Since then, one of my good friends is now using Crizen for her wedding day beauty! Thank you so much Crizen and team for being rockstars and making us look so glam! For other brides interested, book with Crizen early since she is very in demand!

Crizen: perfect hair and makeup, wonderful from beginning to end

Reviewed on 8/25/2013 Grace R

I would highly recommend Crizen Hasegawa for any bride or bridal party (or anyone else who wants their hair and/or makeup done for an event). Results were perfect and more beautiful than I could have dreamed - including my bridal hair (2 looks) and makeup, hair and makeup... Read More for my 7 bridesmaids and one flower girl. Two assistants helped with various bridal party members as needed. Crizen is creative, meticulous, and professional and worked very patiently with me as I worked to figure out what I wanted. She takes and implements feedback exceptionally. She clearly takes great pride in her work. She also showed great versatility, responding to the needs and desires of many bridesmaids with divergent styles, hair textures, facial features, and complexions. Every single member of the bridal party looked both *stunning* and wonderfully individual, and that's owed in no small part to Crizen. Logistically speaking, Crizen was very flexible and accomodating with our demands, which included a large group, very early morning start time, and additional afternoon touchups. She also showed great flexibility in scheduling trials, which was important for planning from a distance. As a bonus, she is generally wonderful to have around, with a boundlessly positive attitude and great converstion - something I came to appreciate having during the many hours I spent in her chair (at trials and on the day)! She's simply great to work with and results could not have been better.

Hair and Makeup for Wedding Day

Reviewed on 8/25/2013 Katrina S

I found Crizen online for my wedding hair and make-up and selected her because of the many great reviews she had. She did a wonderful job with my hair and make-up for the wedding day! I did a trial a month or so before my wedding and decided I wanted to modify my hair and... Read More make-up a bit for the actual wedding day. She really listened to what I wanted and gave me hair and make-up for my wedding day I couldn't have been happier with. Her team also did a great job with the bridesmaids hair, everyone looked beautiful!

Perfect hair and makeup that lasted all night!

Reviewed on 8/22/2013 Theresa M

My bridal party and I used Crizen's Senior Stylists for my wedding in May. The two ladies were great - super friendly and had great suggestions for everyone's hair and makeup. They came to my hotel suite and worked calmly and efficiently the whole pre-wedding morning (when... Read More everyone else was freaking out!). It's obvious that they are very experienced and well-trained in wedding styling. I highly recommend the Senior Stylists to anyone looking to use on-location stylists for their wedding. The only thing preventing Crizen's hair/makeup from being a "five star" experience is the cost. It's hard to justify paying close to $1K total for 4 ladies and 1 flower girl's hair and makeup, no matter how fantastic you look. The rates are comparable to many other stylists' prices, that doesn't necessarily make it a great value. Overall, though, it was a great experience and would pay the same price again for the service. Crizen and her stylists are wonderful to work with!

Crizen is the best!!

Reviewed on 8/21/2013 Jennifer L

Crizen styled hair and did makeup for myself as well as all my bridesmaids and both moms for my wedding. She did a phenomenal job! My makeup was flawless and hair stayed in place ALL night! She even made getting ready so much fun. I would recommend her in a heartbeat - she... Read More really made me feel great the morning before the wedding and made me look great for the whole day!

Amazing, make sure you book Crizen!!

Reviewed on 8/20/2013 Corinne T

Crizen did my hair and makeup for my wedding on July 5th and she was just incredible. She did an amazing job and was just so fun to have around. She showed up early and even added on a few extra people at the end who decided last minute that they wanted her to do hair and... Read More makeup. She is very professional and she has really good insight into what styles and colors will be flattering. Just last weekend she did hair and makeup for my sisters wedding and she was again incredible. She will not disappoint you and you will be so glad you included her on your big day. My hair and makeup lasted all day and night and looked really amazing even in the pictures taken after hours of dancing. She is best!! Thank you Crizen!

Crizen is the BEST!

Reviewed on 8/19/2013

I can't express how amazing Crizen made me feel on my wedding day! I didn't know I could look that good! I have very thin hair, so she suggested extensions since I wanted to wear it down. No one could tell at all! Crizen is also a wonderful person and a joy to spend time... Read More with. She also did hair/makeup for my sister's wedding and we were just blown away by her expertise. She is a true wedding FIND!