Is this your business? claim it now

Crooked Creek Ranch

Traverse City, MI

Guest Capacity

Barn, Vineyard

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Shuttle Service, Transportation

13300 S W Bayshore Dr, Traverse City, MI

Venue / Day of Services A+, Everything prior and customer service F-

Reviewed on 8/21/2014

I'll start off by saying that the VENUE itself was worth all the money we paid...BUT our SOLE issue was Pam Leonard, who was our point of contact for the wedding. Let me list our experiences with her: 1. We were promised on three separate occasions that their horse would be... Read More added in for free if we wanted to use it for pictures. She told this to me, my bride, and my bride's parents. When we finally got our invoice, it would be a $200 charge. 2. We are required to use their caterers which isn't a problem because the food ended up being great the day of, however, at our first taste testing, the chef was sick so she offered us another tasting free of charge because she was "embarrassed at how the food came out and wasn't good" (her exact words). We didn't ask for one, she volunteered us the option. We contacted her to book it about a month later for the following Spring, and she had no idea why we were going to get another. She said "I'm surprised by that because the other groups that came our for the tasting said it was wonderful!" Like I said, we never asked for it, she offered it to us because she was embarrassed. We had to reminded her why and finally got another one booked via email. We chose the next date months in advance and it was confirmed to us in email. We drove from Washington DC where we lived months later to her restaurant for the prescheduled tasting date and when we were 30 minutes away we got a call from her because she was confused why we were coming. She completely forgot we were coming, forgot why she offered it to us to begin with, and we had to send her the email confirmation as proof. She said "sorry, but we don't have room for you to come today". We wasted 10 hours on the road. I saved the emails and VM as proof. 3. She took FOREVER to respond to us and our wedding planner regarding everything until the 4 days or so before the wedding. Literally took weeks to get back to us even though we were on a timeline. Perfect example is she sent us our 90 DAY REMINDER LESS THAN 30 DAYS BEFORE THE WEDDING. I have the emails as proof. 4. She gave us our venue & catering INVOICE THREE DAYS BEFORE THE WEDDING and only gave us two options to pay (certified check or money order), and it was DUE THE SAME DAY. We were out of state from DC in MI w/no access to our bank, so we had to wire her the entire amount within 12 hours. I have the emails still as proof. Like I was saying before, the venue was worth every dollar we spent. The catering was fantastic the day of (we even chose some items off of their menu that we never tasted which was a huge risk). The day of services provided by the venue were seamless. We had no issues with anything the day of. The pictures and scenery were everything we were looking for, and met up with the expectations we had for it and why we booked it to begin with. The ONLY reason for the poor review is the absolutely horrendous interactions and lack of interactions we had leading up to the wedding. As a business owner myself, if I conducted business the same way I was receiving it I would be bankrupt. There is absolutely no reason at all why they should have someone running the show that can't remember conversations, promises made, and can't even follow through on something confirmed in writing with emails. If their word AND things in writing don't happen, what on earth would make you believe you'll get ANYTHING you've asked for? Venue, A+ Catering, B+ Service & Professionalism, F-

Reviewed on 8/01/2013 Claire A

The ranch was absolutely perfect. My husband and I knew the first time we were able to tour the property (you have to call and arrange an appointment first as the property is not public), that it would be the place where we say our vows. The grounds are immaculately kept, and... Read More the barn is stunning. Amanda helped us through our wedding planning and during the big day, she was outstanding. Everything was perfect, and we've gotten so many compliments on how pretty everything was. It's really easy to make things pretty when the venue is as beautiful as Crooked Creek. I especially loved their rule of not letting anyone tour the venue during your event. It's not easy for wedding planning/touring venues, but great for your big day when you know that noone but your guests are allowed on the property. Excellent all the way around.

great venue!

Reviewed on 7/05/2013 Megan P

The ranch was beautiful. We wanted to do something different and this was the perfect spot! We had a few mix ups with the contract but they were all resloved quickly. Pam is great to work with!

TO Crooked Creek Ranch