Crowne Plaza Cleveland South - Independence

Independence, OH

Book Your Wedding with Crowne Plaza Cleveland South - Independence

A BALLROOM IN INDEPENDENCE, OH

The elegant and graceful Crowne Plaza Cleveland South - Independence is located 10 minutes from the downtown area in Independence, Ohio. The 4-star hotel is located in the heart of the business district, and is a popular wedding reception venue. The many ballrooms in the hotel are ideal for receptions ranging from 201 to 250 guests. A beautiful courtyard is also lovely for an intimate ceremony.

. The Crowne Plaza has six ballrooms. The most popular ballroom choices for wedding receptions are the Skyline and the Cuyahoga. Both the Skyline and the Cuyahoga ballrooms can accommodate several hundred guests for dinner and dancing. For smaller receptions, couples may consider one of the hotel's smaller ballrooms. The smaller ballrooms are made for parties up to 100.

. The weather in northeast Ohio is chilly in the fall and very cold in winter months. For that reason, only spring and summer brides opt to have a wedding ceremony in the hotel's courtyard. When the weather does permit, the courtyard is a picturesque place to hold nuptials. A white gazebo is found at the end of a concrete aisle, and folding chairs can be used for guests. The entire courtyard is surrounded by flowers and beauty that add to the romantic ambiance of the area.

Booking a combination ceremony and reception, or just a reception at the Crowne Plaza Cleveland South - Independence is made easy and stress-free by the venue's experienced wedding specialists. The hotel's all-inclusive packages are unique and flexible, which allows couples to get exactly what they want and can afford on their wedding day.

The wedding packages include linens, flatware, dinner choices and about four hours of rental time. The summer months are the most popular times for weddings because the weather is at its best in northeast Ohio, which means they are usually booked up to a year in advance. With a variety of ballrooms available, it is also possible that your wedding won't be the only event scheduled at the hotel at the same time.

The Crowne Plaza Cleveland South - Independence offers everything a couple could want or need on their wedding day. In addition to the basics and requirements for a wedding ceremony, there are also many extra perks offered at this venue including:

• Room block for guests
  • Starbucks coffee stations
  • Honeymoon suite for bride and groom
  • Late night nacho bar

~Happily Ever After Begins at the Crown Plaza~

We offer fabulous, one-stop, shop Wedding Packages to give you the perfect wedding reception! Included in our Packages is your bar service, hors d’oeuvres, plated or buffet options, after dinner Starbucks coffee station, chair covers, colored linens, candle light centerpieces, a Honeymoon Suite, and much more! We have 178 well-appointed guest rooms and can accommodate your guest room block to keep all your guests under one roof. Additionally, we would be thrilled to host your engagement party, shower, rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and farewell breakfast! Contact Stephanie Irelan, our Director of Catering & Wedding Specialist, to set up your private tour today and begin to make your dream become reality!

Civil Union, Non-Religious Ceremony, Same Sex Ceremony, Second Wedding , Vow Renewal Ceremony

Ballroom, Hotel, Restaurant

824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100

5300 Rockside Road, Independence, OH (216) 750-0805

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Ashley W

This was a great place for our wedding reception! The venue itself was beautifully decorated and everyone complimented on how delicious the food was. Stephanie is an amazing person that is willing to help you every step of the way. She is easy to get in touch with and always... Read More responded in about a day when I had questions. On the day of the wedding, she made sure that everything ran smoothly and checked in a few times with my husband and I to see if we needed anything. I can't thank her and the catering team enough for all that they have done. Thank you for making my wedding such a memorable and joyous day!

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Amanda K

I wish we could give you 100 stars! Edward and I got married and had our reception here 9.9.17 in the Skyline Ballroom (gorgeous and great layout to traditional ballroom). From our very first visit the Crowne Plaza made us feel welcome and honored to host our event. Stephanie,... Read More Catering Director, was exceptional to work with. She was so professional, organized, and easy to work with throughout the WHOLE planning process! Thank you for being calm and excited through it all, my mother and I really enjoyed working with you. Sean Rupp, the chef, and his team in the kitchen, blew our minds with the menu tasting! Then they delivered the most beautiful & delicious hot appetizers, antipasto & vegetable displays, 5 STAR Filet and Sea Bass entree's & homemade chocolate covered strawberries the night of our wedding. THANK YOU it was exceptional! Everything was PERFECT! The servers and bartenders were not to go unnoticed either, great service from the start! They were all professional and on it from serving to clean up. Thank you for serving our friends and family! This was very important to us and you delivered beyond expectations. (and Laurie, thank you for the attentive service to Edward and I, you were great!) The front desk and the management team was great as well. From welcoming me at check in and helping me with items for the event, you could really tell that everyone takes a lot of pride in their work, it was wonderful! To those that helped Stephanie put together the room, and clean up Thank you! It came together so well, it was stunning! You took such great care of our and our vendor's things, it was much appreciated. Overall, Thank you all for a really beautiful and fun wedding weekend! I can't stop replaying it in my head! Look forward to coming back for our anniversary!

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 amanda p

I want to start off by thanking Stephanie and her wonderful team for the amazing job. From day one when my wife and I picked the Crowne we felt welcomed in like family. Stephanie and her team did everything to make our day the best. When I was stressing out, I got reassured... Read More everything was under control. I don't think there could be a better team or place then the Crowne to have your wedding.

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Jillian M

Stephanie is the best coordinator ever! Anytime I was feeling anxious or overwhelmed, she eased those feelings and brought me right back to excited!

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Stuart M

Stephanie was great!!! We couldn't have done it without her!! Crown Plaza Staff awesome. Thank you!

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Janice F

What an AMAZING experience!!!! BIG shout out to Stephanie Ireland. She was ABSOLUTELY fantastic! Any questions or concerns we had, she always had an answer to. She made sure my wedding day was exactly what I expected and more. She was super nice and so helpful to my family and... Read More I. The Cuyahoga ballroom looked amazing for my special day and everything was on point! Stephanie and her staff were incredible. Facility was super clean and set wonderfully. My friends and family enjoyed there time. Finding a venue is something so crucial when planning your wedding, but I promise you, you will not go wrong with choosing this place as a venue for your special day :) I will do it all over again <3

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Marina F

Stephanie made the whole wedding planning a lot easier.

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Crystal Ann R

I don’t know where to start other than saying absolutely amazing. We worked with Stephanie Ireland and she is the bomb! She took our ideas and my crazy suggestions and made them work, the decorations and additional items I added she made work effortlessly. The food was great,... Read More nothing but great compliments from my guests from service to the cleanliness of the venue. I highly recommend this venue for any event.

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Theresa S

I was so incredibly pleased with my entire experience working with the Crowne Plaza. Stephanie and her team handled every detail from start to finish and made the entire wedding such a smooth experience. All of my guests commented on how great the food was and how courteous the... Read More staff was, including those who were staying at the hotel. If you're looking for a venue that will take great care of you and your guests and make sure your day is special, go see Stephanie and her team at the Crowne Plaza in Independence.

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Sara Mae R

I first want to start off by thanking Stephanie for all her had work and for making my vision a reality!! She was always so attentive and emailed me back so quickly- I appreciated that so much! When I walked into the Skyline Ballroom and saw how the room was transformed I was... Read More absolutely blown away!! Seriously Stephanie I cant thank you enough!! We had so many compliments on the food throughout the night, some people even said that was the BEST chicken they have ever had! Our bartender was so friendly, and our guests loved her!! It was so nice having a patio connected to the room- so you could easily go out and get fresh air and not miss anything! We even had a view of the Cleveland Skyline, which the guests loved! We had a block of rooms and a lot of our guests stayed the night, the rooms are very spacious, and the beds were so comfortable! There are so many choices for reception venues, but I'm so thankful we choose the Crowne Plaza!! It was the best night of my life, and if I had to do it all over again, I would not change a thing!! Thanks again to the Crowne Plaza Staff and Stephanie for all your hard work, we are forever grateful!

Reviewed on 4/04/2017 Emily B

I got married at this hotel a few weeks ago and it was everything I wanted and more! When I first started looking at venues with my mom and we were mostly considering hotels for convenience, I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to have the "Pinterest" wedding every millennial... Read More dreams of. However, I was blown away at how we were able to have a classy, beautiful, high-end affair! Stephanie is a dream to work with and everything came out wonderfully!! My family is mostly from out of town, so it was great to take advantage of it's central location to the airport and also the amenities of the Cleveland area. The Crowne Plaza Independence really gives you a lot of bang for your buck and was by far the best price in the area!! Additionally, since I had to do all the planning (again...my family was out of town!) it was wonderful to have a day of coordinator in Stephanie who was so helpful during the planning process leading up to the wedding and making sure all my little projects got done on the day of the wedding so I didn't have to worry!! She also coordinated with my vendors which was a huge relief. We got hitched without a hitch, thanks to the hard work of Stephanie, the amazing food from Chef, and all the amenities and staff at the Crowne Plaza Independence!! We highly recommend this venue to future couples!!

Reviewed on 1/06/2017

I can not say enough good things about Stephanie and the rest of the staff at the Crowne Plaza in Independence. We really liked the location, the easy accessibility of the venue, the large parking lot close to the ballrooms, and the fact that having the reception at the hotel... Read More makes it easy for guests that want to stay so you don’t have to worry about hotel shuttles or people driving after drinking. We started planning our wedding reception with them in the Skyline Ballroom around a year before the event. We had just short of 150 guests which maximized this room for an intimate feel. Throughout the entire process, Stephanie was more than helpful and accommodating to us as we planned our Christmas themed winter wedding reception. She would check in periodically to see if we had any questions on our minds and when we would email or call, she was prompt in getting is a response. We received several perks from the hotel for planning the event in the winter which I would recommend anyone take advantage of. In addition, the various wedding reception packages were a great value compared to a lot of the other venues we looked at prior to booking with the Crowne Plaza and I never felt that I was nickeled and dimed. Everything was discussed upfront and very reasonable. They also allowed us a great deal of flexibility in decorating the room (including helping extensively with the set up and tear down) how we envisioned it as well as bring in our own snacks and late night food which saved us money. The food was delicious and we were able to try everything at a tasting ahead of the event. We had crab cakes and bacon wrapped dates as appetizers as well as the steak and stuffed chicken breast as our entrees. The food received really good reviews from our guests. The entire wait staff was very professional and as soon as the cake was cut and the first dances were over, the staff immediately came out to serve everyone at once for all tables. The guests really appreciated that no one had to wait on their food. We had two bars for our receptions and the bar tenders were able to make any drink that was requested and serve guests quickly which kept the waiting down at the bar. The Skyline ballroom itself is a unique room with plenty of room for a large dance floor with no bad views of the head table. We really liked the gold striped wallpaper, chandeliers, and windows in the room from which you can see the skyline of downtown Cleveland. It all lent itself to be a very classy ballroom. I would recommend this venue to anyone looking to have a wedding reception in the Cleveland area.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Mathew D

Stephanie and her partners did an AMAZING job making our wedding the best ever!! EXTREMELY easy to work with and very attentive to our needs throughout the process and the day of. My wife and I couldn't be more happy with the service, food and setup of our room. If I could... Read More give them 10 stars, I would!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Allison A

We had the best day ever! Stephanie and her team were there from start to finish answering all of our questions, setting up our place cards and favors and making sure everything was exactly how we enviosioned. We were worried since we had a smaller reception (80 people) that... Read More we wouldn't be given that much attention, but every detail was taken care of with careful attention. The food was fantastic and our guests had such a great time! Truly the best day ever!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Steph W

The Crowne Plaza was absolutely the right choice, I really can't recommend it enough!! The pricing was totally straight forward and there are numerous packages to select from. The accommodations were great for all of our out of town guests (and we had a lot!). Stephanie and her... Read More team made the planning so easy and were always available to help and answer questions. It was so well organized during the planning and the day of. They day of the wedding, the Crowne set up all of our decorations exactly as we asked, making the day so easy and stress free. When we walked into the Crowne Stephanie was waiting and ready to make sure we had everything we needed and everything was exactly as we had planned. The staff took great care of all of our guests all night. The Crowne made our special day absolutely everything we had wished it would be!!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Ainsley M

Our wedding reception was all that we hoped it would be and more! Stephanie and her team were there from start to finish. The food,setup, service... can't say enough! Everything was Great!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Liz H

Great venue! The staff was very attentive the day of. Stephanie was great to work with leading up to the event - kept in contact and was very responsive. The food was delicious and we received many compliments.

Reviewed on 9/17/2016 Darrell L

My husband and I were married in June 2016. We chose the Crowne Plaza Cleveland South based on word-of-mouth from a friend that had booked a baby shower with the hotel. We began to plan our wedding about 10 months in advance. We attended one of the wedding open houses and... Read More felt very welcomed. Jessica Bulone was the first Wedding Coordinator we worked with. She was exceptionally helpful in making suggestions and answering questions. We never felt pressured to make a deposit or to make a decision on a detail until we were fully comfortable doing so. Jessica went on leave part way through the process and we began to work with Stephanie Irelan, Director of Catering. We got the sense she was as excited for our wedding day than we were. She easily visualized our intent of a simple, classically-styled look to our reception. She quickly pulled linen samples and accents that would help the vision come alive. We chose to book the Skyline Ballroom. We chose the smaller ballroom because of the view of the Cleveland skyline in the background when on the private patio, especially since our ceremony was at Trinity Episcopal Cathedral. It is also an elegant and intimate space for smaller receptions and kept us within the budgeted limit of guests we could afford to invite. Our guests are still complimenting the menu. Crudités, a selection of cheeses and charcuterie greeted our guests as they entered the ballroom. Wait staff passed Caprese skewers, stuffed mushrooms, and mini crab cakes. A plate of the passed h'ordeouerves was awaiting us at our sweetheart table after we entered the reception and cut our wedding cake. We recommend the Platinum Package as the entrées offer the best selection for guests. We selected the petite fillet paired with either sautéed chicken or roasted salmon. The vegetarian option of roasted vegetables in puff pastry was well-received. We never felt so cared for by a wait staff. The smiles that greeted us were so big it gave us the feeling that the servers, bartender, and banquet managers fought one another to work our reception. They really helped to make our family and friends feel comfortable and relaxed and we felt as though there wasn't anything to worry about. Stephanie was also very helpful in making sure our personal touches were present in the ballroom. A few days before, we were invited to deliver wedding favors and any other items that would help make the event memorable. We highly recommend the Crowne Plaza Cleveland, South for your wedding reception. We'd love to find another event to have hosted by Stephanie and her team.

Reviewed on 9/13/2016

Our wedding was perfect! At the crowne plaza. Stephanie and the entire staff were a class act! Thank you for the great wedding day memories!

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Nikie G

Jessica first began working with us, but then was blessed to have another child, and unable to return. My fiance and I were a bit nervous to have a new coordinator, but Stephanie put our minds and hearts at ease! Stephanie met with us multiple times, answer countless emails,... Read More and was there right beside us through our grand entrance. Her team was AMAZING! Not only did they help set up the MANY decorations my in-laws and I brought it, but they also added their decorative touches to make it bigger and better than we could have ever imagined! The food and drinks were delicious especially after a very busy day! The atmosphere was made so special by the table set-up along with the dinner plates cleared off. A wedding is such a memorable and expensive day, but it was ALL well worth it by having a PERFECT ending evening to begin a lifetime together with my husband!

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Stephanie L

The food here was very good and the banquet room looked beautiful!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Bethie H

Absolutely amazing. From the food to the staff, everything was exceptional.

Reviewed on 6/30/2016

May 28, 2016 Let me start off by saying I couldn't of had a better venue. Not only the venue our experience working with Stephanie was phenomenal. Stephanie went above and beyond to meet our expectations, she was always there for my phone calls, my personal complaints or any... Read More issues that occurred during this hectic process of putting a wedding together. She is very patient and extremely helpful. It is hard to find good workers that whole heartily enjoy their job and are there to help.... Phyllis the waitress such a wonderful lady and pleasure to have her be a part of our wedding day. She is someone you don't forget. Many many compliments from family members, of her great service and friendly personality.. If I could have I would've hired 14 Phylliss to accommodate all 14 tables. 😀 John Not sure of his title but he was the gentleman that watched over everything that was being taken care of during the reception . There were some complaints about that temperature being too hot in the room , but John was there to help and to take care of anything that needed to be done, thank you again.. The food was fabulous ......We had the beef and salmon , The portions are great they're more than enough everybody was pleased and raved about the food, Absolutely outstanding ... Delicious . The appetizers we chose were bacon wrapped dates and Tuscan ratatouille tarts , Excellent choice .... These appetizers were amazing . Unfortunately we didn't even get to taste the other appetizers which we chose fresh vegetables served with hummus gourmet crackers and cheese. It was taken from table too early ... Other then the two minor issues such as the heat and the appetizers being taken too soon this place was overall five-star, I would recommend this venue to anybody and everybody . It's always a extra plus when you have staff such as Stephanie, Phyllis and John . I am sure many more that I could have added to this list ... but these are the few that stood out and made our Wedding reception memorable . Once again thank you Crowne Plaza Independence Cleveland South.. Sincerely, Stacie

Incredibly Perfect Venue!

Reviewed on 1/27/2016 Nicole B

Crowne Plaza was the first & ONLY place I looked at for my venue. I had other options in mind, but while meeting with Jessica I knew that I wouldn't have to look elsewhere. She answered all of my questions & provided me with any information I may need. My husband and I live... Read More in Toledo & she was in constant communication with me at all times, so I never felt as though I had to rush back to Cleveland to make sure everything was going okay. I only had a few ideas in mind & Jessica took those & made them amazing & perfect. From the initial food tasting, to the constant communication, and let's not forget the INCREDIBLE staff, my wedding was absolutely perfect. The venue itself may look like it's on the upper end of one's budget, but you don't have to go to outside vendors for many of the extras you may want. Jessica was so patient with me as we tried to decide on sashes & tablecloths (who knew it would be that big of a deal!) & she even sent me pictures of options I could do to make it easier. I had more compliments on the food than anything else - the head chef is great, and he even came out to meet the families at the tasting so everyone could get to know him. We also opted for a late night nacho bar and my guests were amazed at how much the venue offered. They not only allowed me to have the perfect wedding day, but a wonderful day for my guests as well. We also had a bit of a rowdy guest during the reception that Jessica & her staff took control of & barely anyone noticed. To me, that's worth all the money in the world. The way they set up the venue was absolutely amazing, and everything was done perfectly. The staff were incredibly attentive during the reception & were the kindest people as well. At the end of the night, the staff cleaned up EVERYTHING & brought it up to our room to sort through. I wasn't running around at all trying to get everything together which made it incredibly stress free. I would recommend The Crowne Plaza & Jessica & her staff to any bride-to-be. You may end up spending a little more than in your budget, but to have a staff that wants to ensure your day is PERFECT & comes through with it is totally worth it!

The Crowne Adapts to Any Type of Wedding

Reviewed on 1/24/2016 Sarah C

Our experience at the Crowne was equally surprising and reassuring. The staff, especially our point of contact, Jessica, provided us with support and solutions throughout the process. Our wedding planning period was less than six months, and while we felt the stress of... Read More planning so much in a short period of time, the Crowne Plaza took a tremendous amount of stress off our plate. The role Jessica and the staff took in planning our wedding helped guide us throughout the entire process. As I’m sure most couples are, we were overwhelmed by the many facets of making a wedding and reception happen. Jessica was skilled at helping us navigate different obstacles while giving us advice on how to sidestep common snags. Her expertise and experience not only saved us many headaches but also helped us create a wedding and reception that friends and family told us over the holidays, “That was a really cool wedding.” One of the defining characteristics of our experience was the flexibility Jessica and the staff provided. We had an atypical event: we had a cocktail hour precede a short ceremony in the Skyline Ballroom before eating dinner and enjoying awkward but enthusiastic dancing. While our format was uncommon, Jessica skillfully adapted their package to our format. At no point did it feel like we had to fit a square peg into a round hole, potentially creating a problem. She helped us navigate food allergies, smooth out tricky transitions between parts of the evening, and provide solutions to a myriad of small yet significant issues. Jessica constantly adapted what the Crowne could provide to our ideas, yet her resourcefulness is only surpassed by her optimism. Looking back, the Crowne exceeded our expectations. We looked at several different locations before deciding on the Crowne. We looked at several trendy restaurants and venues around Cleveland because we didn’t feel we could find a venue that could be unique and flexible. The Crowne created both AND provided the convenience of being a hotel where all of our guests stayed. Our guests’ convenience was very important to us, and the Crowne made it convenient for everyone. I strongly encourage anyone to talk to Jessica at the Crowne about the possibility of creating the unique wedding. I’d be surprised if they couldn’t create a solution you would embrace.