Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown

Columbus, OH

One love, so many ways to celebrate.

Crowne Plaza Columbus Downtown offers authentic hospitality to create the wedding of your dreams and to give your guests the weekend of theirs. With a magnificent full service facility, located in the heart of the Arena District, we'll help you design an event that radiates your love, your way.

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Hotel

33 E Nationwide Blvd, Columbus, OH

Dream Experience

Reviewed on 11/30/2014 Staci W

Our wedding was everything we dreamed of. Laura at The Crowne Plaza Downtown and the staff made everything possible. We started to plan our wedding in December 2013 and our event was November 2014. Laura was in touch with us every step of the way. She along with her staff... Read More covering the event were available whenever we needed. The communication between parties was amazing, I am very detailed and organized and Laura understood that, in turn always being one step ahead of me which made life so easy! The Crowne Plaza Downtown has an excellent team with years of event experience, a great location and class. Our dream wedding was perfect due to The Crowne Plaza Downtown!

Wedding Reception of My Dreams

Reviewed on 9/21/2014 Jennifer E

I can't begin to express how perfect our wedding reception was. Laura is the BEST coordinator! She went above and beyond to make it perfect from all the initial planning she was always prepared and thought of everything. She made sure every detail was covered! She was ALWAYS... Read More responsive in the planning process. She listened to everything I wanted and even gave me more ideas along the way. The location is beautiful the room looked AMAZING and EVERYONE was very impressed with the staff,food,bar,decor and the hotel itself. Our wedding suite at the Lofts that was included was beautiful too Everyone worked so hard to make all our visions happen and we can't thank Laura and the Crowne enough we will remember this day forever! I highly recommend having your wedding/reception at the Crowne you won't regret it!! Thank you again!! Jennifer and Adam DIEHL :)

2014-09-29T17:28:11 Response from the vendor

Hello Jenn and Adam! It was our PLEASURE to work with you for your Wedding Celebration. You two are a beautiful couple and we wish you a lifetime of wedding bliss! Regards, Laura at The Crowne Plaza

Best After Party Ever!

Reviewed on 7/29/2014 Lindsay S

We used Crowne Plaza downtown for guest accommodations, a place to get ready for the wedding, and the host of a very fun after party! They were absolutely fantastic to work with and so helpful in everything. They let us book different rooms each night to accommodate our needs... Read More and both suites we used to get ready in are stunning! The after party is really where they earned their 5 stars :) We partied back at the hotel bar and pretty much took over the bar and lobby....everyone was so amazing and dealt with a lot of "shenanigans" in the most professional and even fun way possible (my new husband decided he wanted to serve from behind the bar at one point!). We really appreciate the beaufiful hotel, lobby, rooms, bar, and outside area of Crowne Plaza. Is a must see/book if getting married anywhere near downtown Columbus :)

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Lindsey E

We used the Crowne Plaza as our hotel block for our wedding. We had several of our guests book rooms here & they all loved how close it was and the free shuttle to & from the venue! For me & my (now) husband we got upgraded to a suite where me and my family got to open gifts... Read More after the wedding which was great. We came back to chocolates, rose petals, and champagne. The crowne really went above & beyond and I would reccommend them to anyone having a wedding downtown!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Lindsey E

Excellent Service!

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Jena

Our venue (dock580) recommended The Lofts Hotel connected to the Crowne Plaza Hotel for our September 2015 wedding. Amanda was our primary contact to set up a hotel block and take care of any needs for our suite which we had Friday night through Sunday night. My husband... Read More primarily coordinated this but I can vouch for how impressed he was with the service and immediate responses we received. We were able to request an additional mini-fridge for our room for wedding food leftovers that we snacked on for the couple of days after our wedding. Additionally, our family members who stayed in the hotel block absolutely loved their rooms. It's a unique space and some rooms have exposed brick which makes for great photos of the wedding party getting ready. When we returned to our room after the wedding, there were flower petals strewn on the floor. My initial thought was that I had a rogue bridesmaid get rough with her bouquet as she rushed out of the room to get to the wedding. I was pleasantly surprised as we walked into the bedroom to see more petals on the floor, and even more on the bed in a heart-shape : ) Even if it sounds cheesy, I was so overwhelmed with love and happiness in that moment that the decoration made everything that much more wonderful. Many thanks to Amanda and her team at The Lofts Hotel at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, we're looking forward to staying again for an anniversary!

Reviewed on 8/27/2015

We had our wedding reception at this venue in July of 2015. The early planning stages went well and were actually quite fun. Unfortunately, our wedding coordinator left the company just two weeks prior to our wedding. This definitely freaked me and my wife out. The new sales... Read More person did the best she could. She was very professional and down to earth; however, if we knew this would happen, we obviously would have went somewhere else. The new sales person did not seem to have much experience with weddings and being creative with decorations, signage, etc. I would at least wait until they hire a dedicated wedding and large event coordinator before going to this place. We had other issues as well: The hotel rooms were completely booked several months before the event, and we weren't told by the staff. This meant that a portion of our reserved block went to guests that were there for a different event. The main reason we chose the place was for its value and convenience, being that our guests could stay there. This was a huge let down. By the time we figured the hotel was booked, nearly all other hotels downtown were also booked. There was a 31 gifts convention going on that weekend, which is why everything was booked. Our 2nd problem is that we were supposed to receive a gift card for signing up with the hotel. After repeated attempts, we have not received this card. Our 3rd problem is the lack of communication between the staff. Many of our guests calling in for reservations were given conflicting information regarding room rates, valet parking, and other things. There are lots of nice places downtown to have a wedding reception. At least at this point, don't limit your options to this venue.

Bachelorette Party

Reviewed on 5/15/2013 Cassy M

I had a blast here with ally girls and friends! We stayed here after a night filled with fun. I would recommend this hotel to anyone because the staff is helpful and it's in the middle of the city.

Wedding ceremony and reception

Reviewed on 11/01/2011 Jessica L

The Crowne Plaza was amazing. Ann Balut, our coordinator, helped out in every way. I would highly recommend them to anyone for an event!

Reviewed on 10/03/2011 Laura Y

My wedding reception was amazing thanks to the Sales Manager and her team. The food they served was by far the best reception food I've ever had. My guests raved about the food and service all night. We were able to rent the whole banquet facility which gave our guests a lot of... Read More room to move around and have a great time! It was such a pleasure working with the Sales Manager. She was extremely personable and she helped making the planning process so much easier. I would highly recommend this location to any future brides!

Reviewed on 10/01/2011 Jen K

The Crowne Plaza in downtown Columbus was great to work with for my event. The staff was overly helpful and accomodating and our night was perfect. My husband and I had already gotten married in Las Vegas 6 months prior and we were looking for a "different" venue that wasn't a... Read More restaurant or a ballroom. However, we did have a lot of guests from out of town, so the attached hotel option was very convenient. The Fusion Room at the Crowne was perfect for us. It was a different, fun atmosphere and we were pleased with how everything looked. We did food stations and everyone loved the food. The staff offered to help constantly the entire evening and our guests were happy to have a bar downstairs for after the event and the rooms upstairs for after the bar! Not to mention, we were able to custom our food/bar package, we received comp'd rooms for our family and we got the suite in the Lofts hotel (adjacent to the Crowne which is gorgeous). Overall, from what we wanted to do and what we researched, it was a great value. Exceptional!

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 samantha d

The hotel staff was great to work with. We loved that we could have everything in one place which was very nice for our out of town guests;The ballroom is supposed to hold 200 people, but it would not be comfortable to have that many people. 175 would be a better maximum... Read More number of guests for this location.

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Emily L

The staff was so attentive; every detail that I mentioned in planning was executed to the last detail. The food was good. The location was central to our family and friends.

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Paula L

It was a unique room with a contemporary design but all of the luxuries and amenaties of a hotel without looking like a hotel; the food was exceptional and the service was outstanding. We also loved having a free honeymoon suite in a seperate boutique hotel connected to our... Read More site but only assessible with a key. This avoiding guests from interupting our wedding night. Overall the service was first class.

Reviewed on 2/16/2009 Andi D

I loved the staff. The food was quite good. It was obvious that everyone worked very hard to make our event as fun and smooth as possible.;If you are looking for somewhere to take pictures there are few picturesque alternatives.