Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach Resort

Hollywood, FL

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

The upscale Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach Resort in Hollywood, Florida, is stylish and contemporary while evoking the feeling of being in a tropical sanctuary. This beach hotel is situated just one mile from the famous oceanfront avenue, Hollywood Boardwalk and is within close proximity to Miami and Fort Lauderdale. The Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach Resort has a beautiful outdoor ceremony site and an elegant indoor reception area. Both have fantastic water views that provide many opportunities for memorable wedding photos.

The Waterway Pavilion offers a stunning waterfront backdrop for a romantic ceremony. Up to 200 guests can watch the couple exchange their vows in front of the tranquil Intracoastal Waterway.

The Sian Ballroom has wall-to-wall windows showing views of the Intracoastal Waterway. It can accommodate up to 350 guests. The decorated tables are set around the built-in dance floor and a draped ceiling with enhanced lighting adds a romantic ambience to the room.

The certified wedding planners provide an impeccable service and work closely with the couple to ensure everything is customized according to their tastes. The South Florida Wedding Packages are flexible, allowing the ceremony and reception to be personalized. Each package includes a tasting and planning session for the bride and groom and a choice between a plated dinner and a dinner buffet as well as:

• White padded folding chairs for the ceremony
  • Choice of five butler passed hors d’oeuvres
  • Five-hour open bar
  • A champagne toast
  • Personalized wedding cake
  • Votive candles
  • Specialty white table linens
  • White chair covers with a choice of colors for the sash
  • A dance floor
  • Stage for the DJ or band
  • Special room rates for the wedding party and guests

The Intracoastal Waterway Wedding package also includes a one-hour cocktail reception and an elegant plated dinner. The Crowne Wedding Dinner Buffet Menu Package includes a one-hour cocktail reception and buffet dinner with dishes such as Caribbean mango Mahi and fire-roasted flat iron steak with house-made Chimichurri. The Actions Stations includes options such as a fajita station, slider station and fondue station among others and must be chef attended. Also to be chef attended are the carving stations that can include thyme and rosemary strip loin, brown sugar and honey cured baked ham and carved mojo pork loin. Specialty display stations can include a seafood market display and authentic antipasto montage. Food and beverage enhancements are also available.

The Rehearsal Dinner Cookout requires a chef attendant for dishes such as beef kabobs with peppers and grilled chicken breasts. The Wedding Brunch Buffet is held between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. with traditional fare, such as fruit juices, bagels, roasted breakfast potatoes, eggs to order, smoked bacon and sausage. The buffet also includes French toast, penne pasta, a carving station and more, followed by wedding cake and one hour of butler-passed specialty drinks.

Group bookings can be made for wedding guests who wish to stay at the hotel and hotel guests can also enjoy use of the infinity pool, Jacuzzi and Lava Tiki Bar.

A complimentary oversized guest room is given to the happy couple to stay in on their wedding night. This room has a private balcony with water views, designer furnishings and many more amenities. The hotel also hosts only one wedding per day for exclusivity and attention.

Perfectly "You"nique weddings

Discover a place along the water's edge that's as magical as your love for each other. We'll plan the celebration of your dreams whether it's a beachfront ceremony or a reception in our Waterway Pavilion, the Crowne Plaza is the YOUnique venue for you.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Hotel, Tented

4000 South Ocean Drive, Hollywood, FL (954) 454-4334

The Wedding We Always Wanted...

Reviewed on 11/17/2011 Gloria T

My husband and I renewed our vows in May 2011. We never had a wedding so selecting the ideal location was important to us. Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach was the perfect tropical get-a-way for our guests who came from out of town. The poolside wedding was amazing! Our wedding... Read More coordinator took the time to understand what we wanted for the reception and did an incredible job setting up the tent! Our guests were truly pleased with the delicious food, friendly service, and the overall experience! They also felt the rates were reasonable and the location is convenient to the beach and shopping. The only concern I had was the safety for the children attending the wedding since the tent is situated by the intercoastal and poolside. However, we hired a childcare service provider to watch the children and they did an excellent job keeping the children safe and entertained! I highly suggest future brides and grooms to take the time to meet with the Director of Catering. She will win your confidence in the hotel's ability to make your wedding a truly spectacular event!

2011-12-08T13:37:03 Response from the vendor

You melted our hearts with your commitment and love for each other and are so happy you chose us to help you express that on your "wedding day". And yes, the childcare service was a great idea!!

The perfect party

Reviewed on 12/18/2011 heather g

My husband and I are both from northen states which meant most of our family and friends were coming down to Florida for the celebration. We really wanted a venue which would give our guests a true florida vacation. The Crowne Plaza was perfect. The accomodations were... Read More gorgeous with pool and beach access. The rooms were spacious and the amenities were very convenient for people in town for several days. What really made the occassion special was the staff. From the minute you meet the sales and marketing staff, you feel like a princess. If there was one piece of wedding stress I did not have, was anything connected to the Plaza. There was always someone available for any questions I had or any need which arose. The attentiveness and friendliness of the staff was refreshing. We had a lot of small details we had asked (as I'm sure most brides do) and every little detail was fulfilled above and beyond. Not only did my husband and I think this was the best venue for our wedding, we have had several guests comment on how gorgeous the wedding and hotel was. They couldnt have asked for a better place to stay when coming down for a trip. The Crowne Plaza was the absolute best choice we made for our wedding and have the most wonderful memories to prove it.

flawless

Reviewed on 11/10/2011 karole d

we recently had our ceremony and reception at the crowne plaza, and from the 1st meeting to checking out the next day it was perfect. every single person we came in contact with was exceptional the highest quality of service , from the ceremony set up to the food which... Read More everyone of our guest were so impressed by ! i would highly recommend the crowne plaza, thank you all so much.

2011-12-08T13:46:33 Response from the vendor

Karole - THANK YOU for letting us be a part of your special day. We look forward to seeing your pictures soon, and hopefully you too! :)

Reviewed on 4/11/2017

We would just like to thank you for hosting our Wedding Reception and Ceremony on Saturday 8th April 2017. You guys do such an amazing job, are so professional, caring and are simply the best! We felt like our day was so care free as every little detail was taken care of by... Read More all of you – event managers, wait staff, chefs, bar staff , Special Thanks to Loretta Hardial and Lourdes Alvarez - Blessing

Reviewed on 1/23/2017 Vanessa T

Andrew and I were in LOVE with the Crowne Plaza from Day One, and we left our wedding weekend INCREDIBLY happy of our choice! Our coordinator Lourdes and her staff were AMAZING - everyone was helpful, accomodating, and joyous the whole time we were there. Lourdes took our vision... Read More for our day and made it a reality with such grace and professionalism, I had zero stresses going into the wedding day. Our stay (and all of our guest's stay) was perfect from beginning to end. I cannot recommend Lourdes and the Crowne Plaza enough. Thanks to EVERYONE at the resort for giving us the best weekend of our lives!!!

Reviewed on 11/26/2016 Amarylis M

I was an out of state bride, so I'm sure anyone could imagine how stressed I was at the thought of planning my wedding a plane ride away. My husband and I had flown to FL for a long weekend to venue search. We toured about 5 venues before making our final decision. However, the... Read More moment I walked into the Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, I knew it was the one. I was looking for something with a tropical feel/vibe and CP delivered. The moment I walked into the lobby I immediately felt comfort. The hotel has a cozy/comfy feel and it has pretty modern amenities - not to mention the pool area is to die for. Then, we met Loretta. She was AMAZING. She knew her stuff and made sure to assure me that everything would be under control. She has many connections in the wedding industry and she made me feel like there was nothing she couldn't accomplish. My husband and I had already made the decision that we were selecting CP, just for Loretta! I had my entire wedding at the CP - ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. I also urged all of my guests to stay at CP as well. After signing the contract, it was official and I was SO ready to get started. This is when we got handed off to Lourdes. Lourdes works with Loretta and she too is amazing. However, I do wish Loretta was a bit more involved since she was the original reason we selected the CP. I have no regrets with the choices we made. The hospitality provided by Lourdes was 10/10! She worked hard to make sure everything was to our standards. She never said no. She got everything done that was asked. She went above and beyond her duties and even served as my wedding coordinator. The food was amazing. The staff was beyond polite. The package was all-inclusive and came with many perks - like a couples massage, free food and drinks, etc. If I had the option to do it all over again, I would. My only edit would be to actually hire a wedding planner. While Lourdes was on top of everything and served as great day-of planner, my expectations were beyond what a day-of planner can do. This is not to say she did anything wrong, because she did not. In fact, she did more than I expected! I just would have liked to have someone take over everything for me from start to finish as planning a wedding can get a bit hectic.

Reviewed on 5/04/2016 Ashley R

Amazing space and amazing staff

Reviewed on 7/27/2015 Frances M

Naturally, my wedding was smack in the weekend that a 3 month drought decided to break, but no matter; Lourdes, the wedding coordinator had a backup plan. I can't even be upset that my planned outdoor ceremony had to be moved indoors, because it was still perfect! Not a single... Read More guest has stopped RAVING about the food, which is not your typical wedding banquet fare, thanks to Sigfeedi, the chef! Loretta, the catering manager has rolled out a wedding package bonanza at this one of a kind venue. I'm so sad that our special day is over, but anyone looking for a beautiful, well appointed venue in south Florida definitely needs to come here and give it a chance!

Reviewed on 6/01/2015 Brandon H

We recently got married at the Crowne Plaza on April 25 and we absolutely loved it! From the moment we met with the wedding coordinators Loretta and Lourdes we knew this was going to be the place. They both are very professional, friendly and accommodating. Through out the... Read More entire process they made sure everything ran smoothly and they made certain that all our wants and desires were met! The entire staff did an excellent job and everyone had a great time! Elena & Brandon

Amazing venue and service!!

Reviewed on 3/29/2015

Our wedding was awesome thanks to Loretta and Lourdes!!! We couldn't have asked for better wedding coordinators. they helped us every step of the way. Lourdes was on top of everything, from getting my guest list ready to picking the colors for the wedding. I called a lot and... Read More emailed a lot (I tend to do this when nervous) and Lourdes responded to all my emails and responded to all my calls, she was amazing!! She even helped us after the wedding which i was so impressed as most coordinators fall off the earth once your event is over. My guests were very happy with the food and service. Even during the wedding, the hotel staff was great, checking for everything to run smoothly. We are so grateful that we picked the Crowne Plaza Hotel Hollywood Beach for our wedding as the place is beautiful, amazing view and awesome service.

Amazing, just Amazing!

Reviewed on 3/08/2015 Alexis R

Where do we even start? We are blown away at what a fantastic wedding we had at the Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach. We booked a little over a year out with Loretta who made us really see the value in not only the location but also in the package we would receive when booking with... Read More them. We knew we made the right decision by booking here. So many things were included and taken care of from the linens and chairs to the cake and hotel room. Along the way we were guided by Lourdes who was so polite, patient and easy to work with. She was so thorough and made us feel so comfortable in our planning meeting 3 months prior to our wedding. Our tasting was absolutely delicious and the portions were generous and not your ordinary dishes. We were blown away by all of the food and could only hope that it would be that good come preparing it for 100+ guests. The week prior to the wedding, Lourdes was there for us every step of the way. They were flexible with us and eager to meet all of our needs. We checked into our room the day prior to our wedding and it was huge and beautiful, with great balconies overlooking the pool and intercoastal waterway, which was great for pictures. The fact that it was included in our package was one less thing to worry about. We felt like a king and queen. The bridesmaids had plenty of room to get ready in this room on the day of the wedding and the groomsmen had their own room to get ready in. Lourdes and Loretta were onsite on the day of our wedding and handled everything seamlessly. Unfortunately, we experienced bad weather on our wedding day and they were so quick to put plan B into action 2 hours before the wedding. Although we couldn't have our wedding outside as planned, the inside option still turned out beautifully and ran seamlessly because of their help. The food was delicious and we received so many compliments on how great our wedding was. We recommend the Crowne Plaza to anyone for the great service, location and value. Thank you x 10000

Our awesome wedding at Crowne Plaza

Reviewed on 11/13/2014 Vanessa B

Lourdes and Loretta were very attentive since the very beginning of the wedding planning. They were there every step of the way and Lourdes answered all of our questions very quickly. We could not be any happier that we made the decision to have our wedding there!!

Summer Bride

Reviewed on 8/22/2014

Feel free to comparison shop, but after you meet Loretta and Lourdes, you'll know you're in good hands. They are available to answer questions every step of the way. Our July wedding was beautiful, the food was delicious, and the staff was top-notch. We even had our rehearsal... Read More dinner poolside...highly recommend this all-in-one venue.

perfect venue

Reviewed on 5/06/2014 Mariliana B

i loved this venue because i was able to have my ceremony outside how i had pictured it, and the reception was inside. it was truly everything i wanted in a venue, plus the food was amazing. all of my guests loved their food and had a great time!

Excellent Venue!

Reviewed on 10/27/2013 Amanda O

Loretta, Eric and the entire staff at CP Hollywood Beach will not disappoint! If you are looking for a great outdoor location in South Florida and want a tropical feel without getting married on a sandy beach, their deck next to the intercostal is beautiful!

Perfect for guests

Reviewed on 6/09/2013 Nina S G

The hotel was clean and right on the beach. Staff was very friendly.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 12/07/2011 Stacy M

Our wedding went extremely well. The staff was amazing. The assistance and care was incredible. The venue looked wonderful. The food was delicious. I would recommend this venue to any bride :)

2011-12-08T13:31:05 Response from the vendor

We enjoyed having you and your family with us. The whole planning and executing of your big day was so much fun because of how amazing you all are to work with! We wish we could do it all over again!

Best Weekend of Our Lives

Reviewed on 11/14/2011 Betsy C

We recently were married here and it was such an amazing experience! From the first contact to the day after the wedding, the Sales and Cetering Staff placed every effort to ensure our wedding was a huge success. All of our guests that stayed at the hotel were incredibly... Read More comfortable and relaxed. The food was excellent, the service was fantastic and the employees at the Crowne Plaza will be close to our hearts in our wedding memories. Hands down, a fabulous venue.

2011-12-08T13:44:34 Response from the vendor

Your beautiful day was over way too soon, but we feel you and your families are now an extension of our family here at the Crowne Plaza. Thank you for trusting us with one of the most important days of your lives.