Philadelphia Wedding Photography | CSM Photography

CSM Photography is born and bred for creativity. As a Philadelphia based Travel Wedding Photographer you will have a fun, enjoyable and a seemingly effortless photographic experience. Admittedly there are an immense amount of photographers in the area but we hope to narrow that margin by providing you with a truly amazing result.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Online Proofing, Photo, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums, Photo + Video

NJ, PA, DE, NY, VT, CT, MA, VA, NH, AZ, OR, FL
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Olga T

We used CSM Photography for our wedding and engagement photos, and it was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. I wish I could give more than 5 stars! For the engagement photos, I had some specific ideas of shots that I wanted to include that involved driving over... Read More an hour to the ocean and getting in the water. Cary was incredibly accommodating and enthusiastic during the entire process, and made a sunrise photoshoot a fantastic experience. He has a great eye for detail and captures natural shots that reflect the personalities and relationship of the couple, unlike some of the staged and 90s-looking prom-pose pictures you see so often. Due to some family circumstances and travel, I was hoping to have a few photos available soon after the engagement session, but Cary got them ALL processed and ready for me in only 2 weeks! I could not be more grateful for his dedication and passion for what he does. On the day of the wedding, Cary was on time and very professional, and handled everything for us – from putting together the timeline for prep and photos to corralling all of the necessary members of the family and bridal party for their respective shots, so that we were actually ahead of schedule prior to the ceremony. He even found additional sites for photos after the ceremony that captured views of the ocean without my having to get sand in my shoes (!) and scheduling some shots during the reception to get beautiful sunset photos. We actually got all of our wedding photos (more than 2,000 of them!) less than 30 days after the wedding, and had a private reveal session in Cary’s studio with champagne, which felt so personal. Overall, Cary was such a joy to work with, and I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone who wants to capture the special moments!

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Ashton K

Hiring CSM Photography is one of be best wedding decisions we made. Cary went above and beyond to make us comfortable while taking pictures and made our engagement session so fun. Our wedding photos are absolutely breathtaking, I've received so many complements from both... Read More friends, and people who weren't even at the wedding. Our pictures capture what a truly beautiful and amazing day we had. I can't thank Cary enough for doing such an amazing job.

Reviewed on 8/02/2016

Cary, and the CSM Photography team were a pleasure to work with from the moment we first met almost a year prior to our wedding. Besides being extremely accommodating and having intense attention to detail..Cary and his team had a way of showing how deeply they cared about our... Read More wedding day details at a personal level. Cary and his team met our every expectation, and went far above and beyond and did more for us than we could have possibly imagined. Our engagement session was extremely personal and took around 6 hours. Cary drove us to an amazing location he knew of, as we did not have any specific ideas we could offer him. The photos were amazing. We are still blown away by his work...as we have them displayed prominently throughout our home. One the day of our wedding, Cary and his team spend most of the day with us. Cary arrived at the wedding venue in the morning, and actually helped set some stuff up! This guy does EVERYTHING! Cary added personal touches and styles that resulted in breathtaking wedding photos that truly captured the essence of our unique outdoor ceremony and reception. Cary feels like family now, and we hope to find an excuse to work with him again soon! Could not recommend him any higher! Wish there was 6 stars!

2016-08-02T14:19:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you for such kind words, we had a blast photographing your big day :)

Reviewed on 12/10/2017 Sara B

My husband and I got married this past September in Cape May, NJ - Cary captured our day perfectly! The day went by so fast and Cary was able to capture moments that we will have for the rest of our lives. Not only are the pictures outstanding, Cary kept us on schedule... Read More throughout the day and made sure we were where we needed to be! We live in WV, so we met for the first time the day of the wedding, but with Cary's professionalism and experience - I felt like we had known each other for much longer! Thank you again Cary!

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Kelly D

We hired Cary to shoot our 10/13/2017 outdoor winery wedding. We are so happy with how everything turned out! Cary and his assistant, Chris captured so many great moments of our day. We loved all of our pictures. When we first met with Cary we explained how we wanted some... Read More creative, out of the box wedding pictures and that what we got. I love that all of our pictures are online for us to access plus on a USB. Cary turned around all of our wedding pictures in less than a month of our event as well!! We are so happy we hired Cary!! :-)

Reviewed on 11/04/2017 Rebecca C

Cary was an absolute pleasure to work with! He is very prompt and courteous with responding to messages and was just as sweet in person. He did our engagement and wedding photography. My husband and I were both feeling very self-conscious but Cary made the whole process... Read More painless. I could not be more pleased by how it all turned out. We had asked for a second shooter as well and Chris could not have been nicer as well. He shot all the photos of the groomsmen prep and it looks just as wonderful as Cary's work. His prices are reasonable for the quality of product you receive. I liked that he personally sat down with us to reveal the photo gallery. You will not regret your experience with CSM photography!

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Maura P

Having Cary as our wedding photographer was one of the best moves we made during our wedding planning process. Cary is personable, energetic, and extremely talented. We first did our engagement photos with him in Old City and we loved the way that he directed us. We walked... Read More around with some spots in mind, but Cary also took us wherever he felt the pictures would come out best depending on the lighting and setting. After doing our engagement photos we couldn't wait to have him do our wedding. The day of our wedding Cary made us feel so comfortable and excited. He did a great job directing us and keeping us on the timeline. We even got our pictures back while we were away on our honeymoon! Then when we got back we met up with Cary again where he showed us all of our photos. It was just like reliving our wedding day. From beginning to end our experience with Cary was excellent. I cannot say enough great things about him and his work!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Torre C

We used Cary for our wedding back in September and he honestly did the best job, I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone. Him and Chris made both me and my now husband so comfortable. We both aren't huge picture people but he made it feel so natural and fun. They were so... Read More accommodating with not just myself and the wedding party but to all of my family! I got so many compliments on both of them! If you're looking for someone for with a great eye, who makes you comfortable and carries himself with such professionalism I would 100% go with Cary and his team. Thank you for helping in making our wedding go so smoothly an documenting such an important day!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Laura W

My husband and I absolutely love Cary. He listened to our wants and concerns and we're completely happy with how our pictures came out. Even months later he still keeps in touch. He's very professional, friendly and laid back, we were able to joke around during our engagement... Read More photo shoot and wedding which made things very comfortable for us. I would not suggest anyone but CSM Photography.

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Andrew H

We used Cary to photograph our wedding in September at the Jersey Shore. Cary was a pleasure to work with and is an incredible talent. I wish I could give more than 5 stars. Before the big day, he made the whole process super easy with clear communication and a detailed... Read More day-of schedule. He presented the schedule ahead of time and we reviewed together making any changes we wanted. We found this incredibly valuable as we didn't have a wedding coordinator or anyone leading the pack and Cary's schedule helped keep everyone in line and where they were supposed to be. On the day of the wedding Cary was professional, fun, and exciting. There is a fine balance between allowing the bride/groom to dictate the photos and having the photographer drive or lead the process. I have been to weddings where a passive photographer provided little direction on who/what/where/when aspect of the photos which made for a very time consuming and chaotic photoshoot. Cary on the other hand, was anything but passive and the day was very well organized. He was a leader and really directed the photoshoot process. We preferred Cary drive and lead what to shoot and where to do it; we left most of the decision making to him. I’m sure if you prefer the other way around and want to dictate how you want the photoshoot to go he would be more than accommodating. He is very flexible and clear about his intentions. He made it very clear that this is our day and he will operate however we’d like. His very clear and a helpful communication ensures that you get exactly what you want. If you want him to lead the show; he’ll do it. If you want to lead the show; he’ll do it. One thing I found most impressive about Cary is how much passion he puts in to his trade and how personal he gets with everyone he shoots. He was really excited to be there and really brought a positive energy to the day. It was like having an old friend photograph our wedding. His uplifting energy and spirit really lifted the whole wedding party; he made taking pictures in a suit on a hot beach fun and exciting. As for his pictures, they speak for themselves. He has an amazing talent and his photos are some of the best we have ever seen. Take a look at his blog and see for yourself. I strongly recommend Cary.

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Meagan O

We used Cary for our wedding this past June and could not have been happier with our experience from start to finish. My wife and I immediately clicked with Cary, his easy going yet focused attitude was exactly what we were looking for in a wedding photographer. When we met... Read More for our engagement shoot, Cary did an amazing job at making us feel loose and comfortable. That paired with his knowledge of lighting and angles resulted in amazing shots we were excited to use for our save the dates and invitations. Day of the wedding Cary, and his assistant for the day Chris, were a blast. They cracked jokes and kept the mood light and fun while still keeping everyone on schedule. They did a great job capturing our style and the feel of the night from formal couple picks to fun wedding party group shots, to dancing candids. The turnaround on the pictures was unbelievable as well. I have personally heard horror stories of couples waiting months to get there pictures back, not with Cary, our pictures were back within 6 weeks of the event and we couldn't have been happier with them. We made our fair share of mistakes during the wedding planning process but choosing Cary and CSM Photography was not one of them, I can not recommend Cary enough!

Reviewed on 9/23/2017 Danielle L

How has it been a month since our special day already? What an incredible day/ weekend/ month... it really does all go by way too fast!!! If you are looking for a wedding photographer that will allow you to relive that day through fun and creative photos then you have got to... Read More check out CSM Photography. Cary was so professional and easy to work with, he really captured us as a couple from our first look to our late night champagne toast. These memories will be with us forever thanks to Cary and his team and we couldn't be happier!

Reviewed on 7/08/2017 Erica O

Cary is one of those people that you feel like you have known your whole life! He is one the most talented people I have EVER met! With so many important choices to make during wedding planning, finding a reliable and impressive photographer is definitely up on list of... Read More importance! I am SO glad Cary was available to capture our special day. I just got our proofs back the other day, and I can't stop staring at my pictures! He made me feel like I could be on a bridal magazine cover. From initially meeting Cary, his welcoming and calm presence made me feel so comfortable. He was professional, calm, collected, organized, most importantly- insanely creative and talented! I can't say enough great things about him. He captured so many amazing shots at our beach wedding-- he didn't mind getting a little wet for a couple of shots that I wanted! He dealt with my bridezilla moments during my day and kept us laughing the whole time with his sense of humor. Thanks Cary!!!!

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Miriah C

Cary is a God send. Not only is he professional but his sense of humor and over all demeanor is awesome. Cary really listened to what we wanted our day to look like and feel like. I'm not a huge fan of being in front of the camera but Cary made me feel at ease. He really... Read More listened to different ideas I had as well. I really wanted a picture with our oldest cat and you bet I got one! My husband and I are thrilled about our pictures and very much enjoyed shooting with him. I would highly recommend him to anyone and everyone. It was also very nice to work with someone our age since he is very flexible and open to new ideas. Cary thank you from the bottom of our hearts. You made our dreams come true!!!

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Laura S

From our engagement shoot to our wedding day Cary was amazing! He offered great ideas but also made sure to really listen to our wants and needs! He does INCREDIBLE work! His easy going personality really helped us be at ease for the engagement shoot and he was thoughtful the... Read More whole wedding day! He even gave us an iPad sneak peek of the days pictures on our cake table at the reception! We've already recommended him to one friend and would to any other! Thanks Cary!

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Nicole S

Cary's photos are absolutely amazing!! He made our wedding so special with a surprise of a sneak peak of our photos during our reception. Everyone kept commenting how gorgeous his photos are. Additionally, his personality is so much fun and makes you feel so comfortable.... Read More Definitely book with Cary!!

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 HollyAnn G

From before we even had gotten engaged I had previously worked with CSM & I knew I had wanted them to do my wedding photos. EXTREMELY professional & super organized, Cary and his team made the day such a breeze. With a laid out itinerary for our family formals, they made it... Read More simple and easy for everyone. I don't have a word to completely capture how amazing our photos have come out. I'm so happy that we chose CSM to do our photos, everyone was very impressed with how organized everything looked. After going through all of the photos, I remember standing in those moments & not even noticing/realizing that the photographers had been standing there to snap the moment. Very very happy with every single photo. I HIGHLY recommend CSM Photogrpahy for any of your special occasions. Beautiful work, very professional & completely stress & worry free. I still cannot thank them enough. Thank you so much guys, it was such a pleasure having you a part of our special day, and now we have all the moments saved forever.

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Diana R

I can't say enough great things about my experience working with Cary. He is not only a talented photographer, but he is also a really great guy. My friends and family kept telling me all day how wonderful Cary and his assistant, Chris, were. Both of the guys made everyone... Read More feel really comfortable in front of the camera. If you are in search of a photographer who is laid-back but professional, creative but efficient, then look no further than Cary and his team at CSMP!

Reviewed on 8/01/2016

Cary was great, great photos and great to work with.

Reviewed on 11/06/2015

Where to start? Cary is the most fun, professional and creative photographer! He was very accommodating with my now husband and my ideas, and he also made some creative suggestions as well. He goes over every detail and makes your ideas come to life! I had a few ideas of my own... Read More that he made happen and the photo's came out amazing! His pricing is very good in my opinion. My husband and I took what seemed like forever to decide on which pictures to put in the album because there were so many great ones to choose from! All in all he went above and beyond to make our special day memorable for years to come!

McAfee Wedding

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Rachel B

My husband and I got married on October 3rd, 2015 and CSM photography did an excellent job! They helped us plan out a timeline and it really helped us stay on track for everything on our day. They also provided an awesome list of general photos you want to get with family,... Read More friends, etc., and that is so helpful because that day is so busy you can easily forget to get a photo that you really wanted to get! During our wedding they were on top of everything and really helped things move along pretty smoothly so that we could enjoy our special day. Our photos came out absolutely beautiful and I enjoyed working with them! They are so much fun and so creative and that it really showed in our photos and now i can forever cherish them!

2016-08-02T14:19:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Rachel & Robert! You guys were awesome.

CSM Photography was EXCELLENT

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Tamara O

Cary was an awesome photographer! He actually travelled to Washington DC for our engagement photos and then again for the wedding. He worked with all the ideas I sent him and then also had some really great suggestions. I couldn't have asked for anyone more professional. He came... Read More highly recommended from a friend and he completely exceeded my (and my then fiancé now husband's) expectations. We can't get enough of our beautiful wedding album and I love looking through all the photos he captured!!!

A day to remember

Reviewed on 10/23/2015

Cary and his team not only captured some amazing moments in a creative way, but we hardly even noticed they were there! I've heard stories of photographers stopping the bride and groom every few minutes for "forced" poses, but we did not experience this at all. We are in love... Read More with the photos from our special day and are so greatful that we will have these to look back on for years to come. Cary took the time to find out what we wanted beforehand and met all of our requirements. Can't wait to use CSM Photography for our next milestone!

September Wedding

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Elaine H

Cary and Chris did a wonderful job! They were nice, on time, creative and an absolute pleasure to work with! My husband and I would recommend them to any family member or friend who needs a photographer in the future!! You will not be disappointed if you use Cary and Chris!!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Jacqueline B

We used CSM Photography for both our engagement and wedding photos. Cary was very professional during the whole experience and was wonderful at helping us feel comfortable in front of the camera. After about 5 minutes I forgot he was even there and the pictures came out... Read More wonderful! For the wedding we had a second photographer that Cary had brought along, Chris, and he was just as wonderful. I highly recommend CSM photography to anyone looking for a fun and friendly photographer in the Philadelphia area. We sure can't wait to use him again in the future!

2015-10-14T16:45:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind remarks Jacki! We cannot wait to see what you have in store for us for the future :-)

Cary McCaughey

Hey guys! The name is Cary. I am a fun, outgoing, extrovert that loves to think outside the box. Creating is my outlet to the world. When not at the office or working with amazing couples such as yourselves, hiking, bodyboarding, playing volleyball or any other outdoor sports are where it's at! There is simply not enough time to fully express myself and my clients to experience and only time will be on our side is fresh air and enjoyable memories :-)