Authentic

We're so glad you found us! We are Zac and Bethany, the husband and wife duo behind Current Films. We are based out of Southern California but available worldwide. Our approach is a journalistic style of cinematography. We aim to focus on being in the moment rather than creating it (However, we will make sure the angle is just right!). Our goal is to highlight the laughter, tears and passion that happens throughout the day without being intrusive. Although this is our job, we are firm believers in having fun! We are always up for an awesome adventure and pushing the limits on creative ideas. We want your whole experience with Current Films to be comfortable, professional and unique. Please take a minute to head to our site, check out some of our films and drop us an inquiry!

Artistic, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Full-Length Video, Highlight Video, Video

San Diego, CA Southern California and Destination (941) 962-0294

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Chelsea l

Zac and Beth far exceeded my expectations. If you are tossing the thought around that you don’t need a videographer or that it’s expensive, throw it out. I would hire current films again and again and again for my wedding day if I could. They captured moments that could have... Read More not been seen in any other fashion that I get to replay whenever I choose. My husband and I were so excited to get our video and watched it so many times as well as shared it with friends and it is a token of our wedding day that is like nothing else. They were are creative in their shots and ideas, professional, and so excited to get to know my husband and I are on a better level so that they could reflect our personalities through our video. Which they did. they nailed it. We had FUN shooting with them. I cannot give enough good feedback on these two and I would give them 10 stars if I could. They are so worth every single penny and I do not regret hiring them. I am able to look back at my wedding with such fond memories because of the gift that they gave to me. Current Films is the best out there and unique in their craft.

Reviewed on 11/08/2017 Willa M

What can I say about Zac and Bethany that will accurately express just how wonderful this duo is? I was a little worried about having videographers. Would it be awkward? Would I be able to be present in the moment with cameras around? Would they be in the way? Would it be just... Read More another typical wedding video, just filled with clips of groups posing for wedding pictures? Man, were my worries unfounded. Zac and Bethany are such wonderful people, and having them around just felt like having a few more close friends in the room. They somehow had a perfect sense of when to be around and when to fade into the background to become a fly on the wall. Watching the final product, I have no idea how they were able to recreate the pure FEELING of the day, those intimate exchanges captured without even realizing a camera was there. The music pairs perfectly with the tone of the footage, slowing down or picking up so that those watching can really feel the energy of that moment. A lingering gaze, a slight touch of hands, a glass catching the light just so, a genuine glowing grin...these gems were woven throughout to give true emotion and dimension to their art. As the day rushed by in a bit of a blur, it means the world to us to have the ability to feel instantly transported back to that sense of excitement, of giddiness, of fierce love, of anticipation for a life full of possibility. Aside from the magical video itself, the couple is easy to work with, professional and responsive while simultaneously casual and warm. The experience was a pleasure from beginning to end. Honestly, just watch some of their videos and you will see. I have legitimately watched my own over 50 times, in the month since we got it. And the emotion I feel every time... it is so REAL. I am so grateful to Zac and Bethany for such a gift.

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Louise B

If I could rate 10 stars for Current Films, I would in a heart beat!! Zac and Bethany were absolutely incredible and made us feel comfortable from the moment we met them. Zac and Bethany are so personable, loving, and easy-going that we immediately felt at ease. This duo is not... Read More only so fun, but they are so professional and discrete and never made us feel like we were "on film." By the end of the night, we were sad to say goodbye to them both! Zac and Bethany completely captured our personalities, our fun wedding vibe, our love for one another, and our favorite moments of our wedding day. We truly could not have asked for a better wedding video that magically intertwined all of our favorite memories into 7 short minutes. Current Films receives our highest accolade and review. We couldn't recommend them enough!

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Eric L

We hired Current Films for our wedding at the Ritz Beach Club- it was very easy to communicate with Zac and Bethany before our big day. Zac did an amazing job capturing all of the important moments the day of our wedding. We are very very happy with our video and would... Read More definitely recommend Current Films!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017

Zac and Bethany are so talented! I had seen their work previously, so when I got engaged, there was only one choice for video in my mind. Wow - the end result exceeded all expectation. This husband and wife team work so well together - they were everywhere on my big day taking... Read More tons of video. I was so pleased all of the important family and friends were also a part of this beautiful video memory. The Highlight Reel made me cry - they really captured the essence of the day! Zac and Bethany are so easy to work with....really good people....with such a wonderful quiet humility. Thanks you guys!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Abby C

Bethany and Zac were amazing! The two were so professional and easy to work with. They really listened to what my husband and I were looking for and made it happen. You can see the love they put into each of their videos with their amazing attention to detail. They were... Read More extremely responsive up to our wedding; go with the flow day-of and timely for any next step questions after the fact. I would work with them again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Ali P

Not only is the work Bethany and Zac do, absolutely beautiful, but you could not know, 2 more genuinely beautiful people. Their work is exquisite, capturing every different mood of our wedding day perfectly. My husband and I are honored to have this cherished video for a... Read More lifetime. Thanks Beth and Zac! We love you!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Lindsay D

Zac & Bethany (Current Films) were absolutely amazing to work with! They were professional, easy going, and fun! Our wedding day was perfect and they were such an important part of it. They perfectly captured the day in the most gorgeous video. I would shout their names from the... Read More mountain top! Book Current Films for your wedding everyone!!!!! In Love, Lindsay & Clint

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Caitie E

We were so pleased with Current Films, and how Zac & Bethany were able to capture our BIG day! It truly amazed us with just meeting both Karl & I face to face the day of and they were so observant on filming such beautiful moments. They showed up great timing and shot the most... Read More unique and artistic angles without even knowing they were there. With everything going on they made it so easy to work with, even on such short notice. So happy we made the perfect decision choosing them and we would recommend them to every bride and groom looking to capture their day and have a memory for a lifetime. We purchased a "day of" preview where Zac & Bethany took shots they filmed and displayed it on a projector throughout the entire wedding evening. Let me tell you how everyone who attended will be talking about that forever! It amazed us that they did this so fast and added the unique backdrop with a personal touch. LOVE LOVE LOVED that! (Worth the purchase) Thank you Zac & Bethany you both are truly talented and passionate at what you do! Wish we could give them more than 5 stars if they allowed it xoxox- Caitie & Karl

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Cecilia N

Zac & Bethany were one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day! As much as I love photos, their is nothing like watching your wedding day and feeling all the emotions of that day each time you watch it. They captured our day in such a beautiful special way and with... Read More such attention to detail. Each wedding they do is different and special in their own way. They have very real talent that is difficult to find. I am so fortunate to have been referred to them by my planner. I did extensive research on wedding cinematographers and Current Films topped them all. I am so thankful I have the video footage of our wedding, you can't go back and get video afterwards. I highly highly recommend them for your big day!!

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Kate G

Hiring Zac and his team was by far one of the best decisions we made. His wonderful personality allowed him to seamlessly navigate our wedding and the pre-event festivities. On top of that, Zac was professional from start to finish, answering any questions and accommodating all... Read More needs. We were so impressed by his ability to capture every detail in our social media trailer, teaser reel, and full length video. Our friends and family have been raving about his product ever since. We are so grateful to have had Zac and his team there to capture our special day, and I would highly encourage you to make Current Films part of your day as well.

Reviewed on 11/18/2016 Caitlyn F

We could not be happier after working with Zac and Current Films. My husband and I have watched our video at least 50 times now and are just as happy with it now as we were the first time we watched it. It is flawless, and exactly what we wanted and expected after viewing... Read More Current Films' sample videos online. If you are looking for a bland raw-footage play-by-play of your wedding day, this is not for you. Zac is truly an artist at what he does, and he was able to capture all of the special moments of our big day and edit them down into a "movie" version that we now treasure as a keepsake. Zac is open to talking through your expectations of what you want captured, but after seeing his work, I left all editing and style decisions up to him and I am so happy with the final product. Zac was professional throughout the process, showed up on time and he and his team were constantly moving throughout the night to capture moments from different angles but were never disruptive in trying to get a shot and simply blended right in seamlessly. He also did his homework on the venue and had great recommendations on capturing certain shots that my husband and I never would have thought of. If you are looking for a next-level wedding video that you will treasure for decades to come, hire Zac and let him run with it. He won't disappoint.

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Caleb J

Zac was awesome to work with. I told him what our idea/vision was and he made it a million times better than what we could have ever expected. Thanks Zac!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Elizabeth C

Zac was very easy to work with on the day of the wedding! My husband did not even notice we had a videographer at our wedding as Zac blended right in! The teaser video he created was INCREDIBLE. He listened to every creative suggestion that we had and perfectly captured the... Read More "fun, happy and celebratory" feeling we wanted. Zac was a couple weeks late in finishing our videos, but he way overcompensated by providing a few services for free to make up for it. I would 100% recommend Zac - I only wish we could do it again and would, of course, ask him to be our videographer.

Reviewed on 6/23/2016 Julia H

I would HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend hiring Current Films for your wedding videographer. Zac and his assistant were fantastic. He responded in a timely manner to all of our calls/emails, and he was able to record everything we wanted. He was so detailed with questions beforehand that... Read More he knew what was important to me and my husband. I have been to weddings in the past where the videographer blocks the view of the guests or is always in the way. Zac never got in the way the entire night while still capturing all the fun moments. During the ceremony neither of us (or our guests for that matter) noticed him or his assistant. My husband and I would 100% hire him again.

Reviewed on 6/01/2016 Julia H

Zac and his assistant were great. He responded in a timely manner to all of our calls/emails, and he was able to record everything we wanted, and they never got in the way or were an eyesore, especially during the ceremony, as we've seen other videographers get in the way often.... Read More My wife and I would highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 4/13/2016 Keri Z

Our experience with Current Films was phenomenal. They were professional, incredibly talented, and worked with us to make sure they captured all the important moments of our wedding and reception. We couldn't believe it when the fired up the photo drone to take aerial video of... Read More us at the beach at our reception. The video was cinematically stunning and the music and footage was selected and edited beautifully. Thanks so much Zac and the rest of the team!

Reviewed on 4/03/2016 Dana L

Zac did a great job capturing our day. He was professional and artistic in the creation of our video. It was so exciting to watch the video he created and our friends enjoyed it too. We would recommend him to anyone.

Reviewed on 3/20/2016 Andrea L

Zac and his team were wonderful and extremely professional to work with. We ended up with a beautiful, short but sweet, wedding video and it only left me wanting more! You barely noticed them on the day/night of the wedding and they were extremely easygoing and accommodating... Read More to other vendors. If I had to do it all over again- I would DEFINITELY choose them!

Reviewed on 2/23/2016 Kareem E

"The Ideal Wedding Videographer!" Zac and his team had incredible taste and took more of a director/artistic approach to filming and editing our wedding in Sarasota, FL in May 2015. They had a great feeling for the tech side of it (i.e. drone, high quality hardware, etc.)... Read More which I think really made it more cinematic. They were incredibly easy to work with and made us feel very comfortable the entire time. He sent us both a condensed version and then the raw footage as well (special request on our side). Overall couldn't have asked for a better experience and would give our highest recommendation to his group!!

Amazing Video!

Reviewed on 2/01/2016 Kristin B

Zac and his team were awesome! I never even knew the videographers were there and they got the best footage. The cinematic style and music that they use on your preview and full length video really make your wedding footage like a hollywood movie. I was beyond pleased with the... Read More result and would definitely recommend Current Films!

Huge letdown

Reviewed on 1/09/2016 Cristina W

The sample videos online are beautiful. But I've noticed that many of them seem to be of personal friends/locals. We had a destination wedding and were neither of those things and after I explained my limited budget, Zac's demeanor soured. Although he agreed to work with my... Read More budget, it took months to get a hold of him to finalize the contract. But Sarasota is small and it's hard to find a good pro videographer without a travel fee. On the day-of, a hair catastrophe made me late for pre-ceremony pictures and Zac seemed willing to work with the schedule changes. In fact, he just didn't seem to care at all. After the ceremony he disappeared and we didn't see him until our first dance. Then he disappeared again and didn't appear until we cut the cake. Looking back, he was barely around and therefore missed special (planned) moments such as when we invited my grandparents onto the dance floor to commemorate their wedding anniversary. All in all, it seemed that Zac was only around for the "typical" moments and didn't work half the time. Although he obviously cannot capture everything, he acted like the day was insignificant and just another paycheck. After waiting 60 days for our DVD and not getting it, we called/emailed Zac with no response. A few days later I called from an unknown number and Zac answered. I explained that we'd planned our at-home reception according to the contract so we could show the wedding video there. He became defensive claiming that it wasn't his fault, that he was behind schedule and blamed us for our "expectations". He didn't mail it in time and we never got to show it. When we finally got it, we were shocked to see that the main camera was positioned behind a podium for the ceremony (blocking out half of us), the background music was a honky, hoedown tune and most of the video was of the venue/still objects. I still cry out of disappointment about it. I should have known that if someone isn't interested in your business, they aren't worth your time. ***I'd like to add that I think it's ironic this vendor has responded (see below) by asking me to email him. We know from experience that is the worst way to get in touch with him. Why should we make the effort to contact someone who will probably ignore us like he's done in the past? He never cared before and now he only cares about damage control. The damage is done. Even my husband is sitting here with tears in his eyes. You cannot go back in time and re-shoot the biggest day of our lives.

2016-01-10T20:49:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to give Current Films your feedback as it always helps us grow and we are truly sorry that the experience was not all that you were looking for. We value our clients and take great pride in our work... Read Less Read More

Would not use this company...such a disappointment!

Reviewed on 12/11/2015 Erika K

We had the most amazing wedding and I was so excited to see it captured by video so we could remember it always! The video was the only disappointing part of the entire thing. Every other vendor I used was amazing and this service was my only complaint. I had an extensive... Read More conversation with Zac letting him know what I wanted in a video. I am 40 years old and wanted something very "real" and I wanted to hear the real sounds of the day, I did not want a music video or anything cheesy. He was at our ceremony for 6 hours and we received about a 20 minute video that was dubbed over with cheesy music, cheesy slow motion clips, etc... Our first dance was only a clip (we did a choreographed dance so we were super excited to see how it looked and he did not get most of the dance. It was such a disappointment! I emailed Zac and he finally emailed me the raw footage after I persisted...I was determined to find a local company who could put the raw footage together into something that fit our personality. What he send only added a few minutes more...I didn't expect 6 hours of footage, but under 30 minutes was ridiculous....how did 6 hours convert to under 30 minutes? Zac eventually got "tired of me" and referenced my contract and said he had "artistic control" to basically do whatever he wanted. I thought it was interesting that it was our wedding day, I had a 30 minute phone conversation with him and was assured what I wanted was possible and then the end result was awful. I will have to pay someone to try to salvage it and re-work what we have. (The oddest thing is watching our wedding ceremony and there is this bad song playing in the background through the whole thing....but it's not our music. Totally distracting and weird..) I waited almost a year to write this review because I have never written a bad review in my life and I don't want to harm someone's business. But after being ignored for many months after being told I had to "pay more" for what I asked for in the first place...I don't want anyone else to experience the same disappointment. I can't ever get the day back, and I have wonderful memories but I had hoped to have the video to be able to help remember the day even more. Either find someone who really understands, or don't waste the money. I wish I would have asked many more questions! We spent 40K on our wedding and it was worth every penny except the $1800 we spent on this video. My only regret!

Reviewed on 11/15/2015 Christina D

Zac was great to work with! We are SO happy we decided to go with him and his team for our videographer. They were very easy going and captured everything perfectly! I would recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 9/10/2015 Nicole L

Absolutely amazing. Zac and Current Films did such a wonderful job on our wedding video and trailer video, that our guests, friends and coworkers can't stop talking about it. Every time I watch our video, I get teary eyed. We told him that we wanted to capture the emotion of... Read More the day and the relationships. That was more important to us than awkward family poses and wedding "traditions". He delivered what we asked for and more, and was extremely professional the entire time. I will recommend Current Films to anyone. Please watch some sample videos... you'll see why!

Zac + Bethany Holmstrom

Founded in 2013, Current Films started out as a crazy dream and turned into an amazing adventure! Our passion for filmmaking, love and exploration make our job such a gift. We feel so lucky to meet new and interesting couples continuously, while being able to provide heirlooms that last a lifetime.