Curvaceous Couture Bridal featuring plus size samples

Columbia, MD

Curvaceous Couture Bridal featuring plus size samples

For the more shapely bride, we understand that finding your dream gown may be a daunting challenge. Featuring the largest collection of designer gowns to fit sizes 12-32, we are committed to providing the personal service and attention every bride deserves when planning her special day.

Type

Alterations, Bridesmaids, Flower Girls, Lingerie, Mothers Fashions, Other Attire & Accessories, Wedding Gowns

9130 T Red Branch Rd, Columbia, MD

Thank goodness for Curvaceous Couture!

Reviewed on 5/14/2014 Hilary H

I am a busty gal and certainly a little thicker than the National average. I had been to a few other shops to try on some dresses and either they didn't fit over my hips/boobs or they gave everyone else in the shop a free look at my goodies. It was basically impossible to get an idea for how the dress would look on my body. I was fearful I was going to have to settle for something that I didn't actually want. Thank goodness for Curvaceous Couture! They had several dresses for me to try and multiple different styles. I am a very simple bride, so Curvaceous Couture's seamstress is custom making my dress! AND it's even in the price range I was hoping to stay within! All of the staff is super friendly and welcoming! I could NOT be any happier! I wish I could give them 100 stars!

Beautiful Dresses & Great Service

Reviewed on 11/19/2013 Brienne M

I chose this shop because the reviews were excellent. They absolutely lived up to my expectations. I walked in to the shop to make an appointment and I was really impressed. The shop is big and the staff is friendly and knowledgeable. From beginning to end, I visited the shop 6 times (including my initial visit) and each time I had a pleasant experience. The dresses were great. I only tried on a few, but I ended up purchasing the first dress that I tried on. The sales representative brought me exactly what I asked for in the first round. My experience was so positive, that my mother bought her dress from them as well and her experience was equally as positive. I must mention that the seamstress is fantastic! My dress fit like a glove.

Fun and Fabulous

Reviewed on 10/13/2013 Natalie C

It was truly a fun and easy going process gown shopping at Curvaceous Couture. The staff is friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. I always felt like I was in the hands of experts.

Let Down!

Reviewed on 2/02/2015

I was very excited to visit this shop, but in the end was very let down. When I walked into the shop it was like stepping into a reality television show. There were cameras and crew members everywhere. My appointment started late and I was rushed through gowns in the fitting room. It was not what a bridal appointment should be. With men everywhere, spaces in the curtains, and cameras all over the place, it was so uncomfortable. They didn't give me a heads up or ask if I wanted to reschedule. I tried to stay away from the cameras but as we were leaving we were chased down by a production member in the parking lot saying we were in his shots and had to sign paperwork and have our photo taken holding up the contract. NO WAY IS THIS OK! How unprofessional and disrespectful is this business?! I would not recommend them to anyone. They also were the only place to ask me to go over budget and their selection of lace dresses wasn't impressive. There is a better shop in DC.

Dont put your tv show first

Reviewed on 11/23/2014

Went with a family member when she bought her dress. The selection of dresses was much smaller than I anticipated and most of them were very frilly, lacy, or blingy. I think there were only a handful of dresses that were NOT strapless and few of more classic designs. The dressing rooms are only separated from the viewing area by curtains that gape and DONT keep the future bride out of view as she has her fitting. While I appreciate the fact that they do carry dresses for larger sizes, they seem to now consider their tv show more important than their customers. Customers are greeted with a sign that says your entering implies consent to be filmed. Then you are badgered by members of the production crew asking for your consent form to be signed or you have to leave when they begin filming. The lighting and atmosphere are not pleasant at all--which is also affected by the brighter lights the film crew needs. I am sorry but this store is not that great that it deserves a tv show and they seem to be risking the satisfaction of their clientele to earn additional $$ from the show. They should at least put the tv show in the back room and save the customers in the front from all that nonsense but instead, the clientele who buy the priciest dresses (over $2K) are kept in the back away from filming .

11/25/2014 Response from the vendor

Please accept our sincere apologies for the difficulties and inconvenience you experienced while at Curvaceous Couture. We strive for the perfection of our products and services and the satisfaction of our customers. We are truly sorry to hear about your experience. We realize that we... Read Less Read More

Curvy Bride

Reviewed on 11/16/2014 jennifer h

The boutique is beautiful, the gowns are gorgeous, and the owners treated me with such care and kindness. I found a gorgeous gown at an amazing price!!! I went through a lot of dresses til I found the right one, but they were patient with me and never gave up looking for my dream dress!!!

Best Bridal Shop in the MD-DC Area

Reviewed on 9/29/2014 Heather G

Being a size 12, I was not looking forward the the wedding dress shopping experience since I know I'm larger than the standard size sample wedding dress. However, my experience at Curvaceous Couture was amazing! The staff was very friendly, upbeat and knowledgeable. I found my dress on the first visit and felt amazing! The seamstress was a bit intense for me as she told me not to "eat too much or your dress will not fit." However, she did a great job taking in the bustline and creating the bustle. The dress looked amazing and I felt so beautiful on my wedding. I would recommend Curvaceous Couture to any bride.

Wedding dress

Reviewed on 9/18/2014 Lauren S

Very happy I found this place! First place I actually went to that had dresses for me to try on that actually were too big! Loved my dress!

Great dresses and alterations!

Reviewed on 7/04/2014 Alexandra K

This is a wonderful place to find a dress if you are slightly larger than the typical bridal sample sizes! It was great to be able to try on dresses and actually put them on and see how they would look. I did feel like while the service was good, occasionally it was not the most professional. I often was left standing awkwardly at the door while employees chatted at return visits. My initial appointment though, they were very flexible and accommodating! They allowed me to have a large group and take over the store, and I was able to find my dress with my out of state family there. It was a great experience! Fittings and subsequent visits were less flexible and less professional, but I would still completely recommend this location. The selections of dresses were great, and the alterations were excellent although very expensive. Highly recommended for alterations as well.

GREAT PLACE!

Reviewed on 10/09/2013 Randi

Thank you all so much for everything. My experience was excellent and much better than I expected. Everyone was friendly, patient, and happy there! Kudos! Special thanks to Cathy! She was the BEST consultant I could have asked for!

Finally the "Dream Wedding Dress Shopping Experience" for plus sized

Reviewed on 10/05/2013

Thank you to these women for having this vision and executing on bringing plus size women the dream wedding dress shopping experience. The dress options were a dream and the show room is exquisite and rivals all the popular tv shows! The seamstress was outstanding and fixed 3 dresses for me in one fitting. I have never had a seamstress get a garment to fit my body in one go. It was incredible. Everyone was so friendly and supportive.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/04/2013 Katie D

Let's just say I am a curvy lady who was dreading trying on wedding dresses. I knew most sample sizes were a 10 and smaller and that is not me. I found out about Curvaceous Couture from Google and hesitantly made an appt. I brought my mom and maid of honor to the appt because I didn't want to embarrass myself in front of too many people. The staff was incredible and I felt comfortable right away! They were all so helpful and made me feel beautiful on that first visit as well as every visit to follow. Although I was not planning on finding a dress in that first visit, I found my wedding dress in the second one I tried on! Such an amazing selection and kind staff part of me wishes I could go back and just play dress up with the ladies in the shop.

The Perfect Bridal Boutique!

Reviewed on 10/04/2013 Kristelle H

From my first appointment to the time I order my dress, all the staff at Curvaceous Couture were so accommodating. They took the time to listen to my needs and really understand my vision. Their selection of dresses is out of this world and for every price point! My entire experience was great and I would recommend them to anyone who is looking for a curvaceous bridal gown!

Simply Pleased!!

Reviewed on 9/22/2013 Danielle G

As a full figured bride I searched for my beautiful bridal gown and so not pleased with what I found until I found Curvaceous Couture Bridal Boutique! The staff was so helpful. I loved my experience from the moment I walked in the the bridal shop. The bridal collection was awesome!!! I will recommend this shop to any new bride! They will not be disappointed!!

Best Bridal Shop Ever

Reviewed on 9/03/2013 Lindsey S

Curvaceous Couture was absolutely fabulous!! They were so helpful and kind... I would recommend them to anyone and everyone :)

Amazing Experience and Service!

Reviewed on 9/01/2013 Emily S

Curvaceous Couture is amazing! As a size 20, I was not expecting to enjoy my dress buying experience, putting it off as late as I could. I wanted a real experience getting my dress and had heard so many horror stories about David’s Bridal and didn’t want that added stress around my wedding. I met with Sophia for my wedding dress and she had me try on numerous dresses that I liked. She really listened to my style and we clicked right away. I had broken my foot two months before, and I was still in a walking cast, and Sophie got me and my cast in and out of these gorgeous gowns. I ended up with the first one I tried on there. I really got my “say ‘yes’ to the dress” moment. I still loved my dress as much as the day I picked it when I walked down the aisle with it. I am trying to find ways I can still wear it. I chose my bridesmaid dresses at CC, as I was there and half of my bridesmaids were size 10+. A month later the designer had discontinued the dress! Yukia to the rescue! She calmed me down expertly and took care of everything. I got my dresses and they turned out wonderfully. My mother also bought her dress at CC. Her dress was stunning and she was thrilled with it. Amy with alterations is fantastic! There were a few ways the dress was laying that bothered me and she fixed it, no problem. All my bridesmaids and I had chiffon jackets made for a Jewish ceremony, and they were wonderful. I plan to use her for my future alterations. At CC you become part of a family. No question is stupid, no concern is minimal. They provide the best service you can hope for. A special shout out to Yenisia. She was with me every step of the way, from buying with Sophia, the bridesmaid fittings, the alterations, and then the final pick up. It really an amazing place! If you can afford to spend a little more than DB or AA, or are a 10 or higher and want to have an memorable experience, go there, you won’t regret it!

Top notch service and selection at Curvaceous Couture!

Reviewed on 8/30/2013 Tammy S

I dreaded having to search for a mother of the bride dress due to my curvy size, so I put it off until I knew I could wait no longer. Had I realized that it would be a nightmare trying to find high quality fashionable dresses for curvy ladies to try on, I would have started shopping much sooner. I did not want just any dress for my daughter's wedding, I wanted something special. After searching for a couple of months at numerous stores and bridal shops, I was frustrated and disappointed with the lack of selection of dresses in my size and the generally mediocre customer service I received. With the wedding approaching rapidly, and just when I was ready to give up and settle for a dress that was not quite what I wanted, I found Curvaceous Couture. They are a hidden gem. They have a great selection of high quality fashionable dresses to try on. Additionally, they are very courteous and professional as well as being extremely attentive and they genuinely care for their customers. I highly recommend Curvaceous Couture due to the warm, sincere, caring, professional treatment I received from Yuneisia Harris as well as the great selection of high quality dresses they have available for curvy ladies. Sincerely, Tammy S.

Are you a Curvaceous Bride? If so, look no further!!!

Reviewed on 8/21/2013 Tiffany G

If you are looking for the ultimate in bridal gown experiences, then you should definitely go to Curvaceous Couture for your wedding gown. I am a size (18-20) and was absolutely dreading going to look for a gown. My first wedding dress experience wasn't very good. The first salon I went to only had one....that's right ONE gown in the entire shop that I could actually try on, so I was very concerned about being able to find a salon that would have a large variety of stylish, sexy and sophisticated gowns. Curvaceous Couture had more than I had imagined and the overall experience was fantastic. My consultant's name was Sophia and she was excellent! I described the look I was going for and she got it right away. She had me pull some gowns from the stock they had on the floor and then she went to the back and pulled other beautiful and very stylish gowns for me to try. Can you believe the very first gown I tried on was THE one!!! Ladies, just because we're curvy doesn't mean we don't have style and want to look HOTT...yes hot with two tt's on our big day. Never settle in life, especially when it comes to the way you look on your wedding day. Give Curvaceous Couture a try, I promise you won't be sorry. Tell them Tiffany G. sent you. :D

The BEST experience and they are now my family.

Reviewed on 8/19/2013 amanda B

I am not sure where to start with my feelings about Curvaceous Couture because I have so many. I was a bride that knew what I wanted, or so I thought. As a previous plus-size model in New York, I was picky about my wedding dress. Like most brides, I wanted to feel stunning on my wedding day. I was looking for high quality lace, a classic and timeless look and to feel like I was a bride - not an easy task. The previous shops I went too and tried dresses on-- made me feel horrible about myself and all the garments were cheap! The quality for a plus-sized woman should NEVER be compromised just because of size. There are designers out there that believe in this mantra as well, I just needed to find them in the wedding industry. The moment my mom told me about Curvaceous, I hopped online and looked around at their collections. I was BEYOND excited about the ability to try on a sample size that would fit and be luxurious. Pronovias caught my eye immediately. The lace, the lines and all the options. I couldn't wait to try them on. When I stepped in the door for my appointment, my family and I were greeted like old friends and directed to look around there extensive collections. They let us get familiar with the dresses and then asked us questions to get a little deeper into what I was looking for. Nothing was pressure filled, judgmental or awkward. It was like a few friends sitting around discussing my wedding. I was wonderful. My appointment was amazing. I thought I knew the style that I liked, but when trying them on it just wasn't it. Yukia Walker was standing by the appointment and overheard that I just wasn't finding "The Dress." She brought over a style that I had not thought of, I tried it on, and although I didn't cry--I did get the feeling that it was the one. She had nailed it. She knew the vision I was looking to create and found it in their inventory. In order to create the look that I envisioned, I was going to have to enlist a talented seamstress. Luckily, they have one--Amy and her talent, match the quality that Curvaceous wants to uphold. My vision was met with buttons, hand sown lace around the entire bottom of the dress, hidden buttons for bustling my dress, a lace bolero and removal of crinoline in multiple places. These are not just alterations, but creating a whole new perfect dress that is one of a kind. I spent hours with their team laughing, learning and making my vision come true. I regard them as family, as woman that uplift each other and people that create visions for the most important day of your life. This is a group of talented, kind hearted visionaries--that happen to sell wedding dresses.

Highly Recommended!

Reviewed on 7/27/2013 Jess

I would recommend Curvaceous Couture to anyone looking for a plus size gown!! My experience was great- the sisters who own the shop are super nice, and worked with me even when my budget changed drastically, and they found a beautiful sample I was able to buy. It was my dream dress! They were always professional and accommodating. I just couldn't find anything I liked at David's Bridal (what I like to call 'the Walmart of the wedding world), and at other bridal boutiques, I could barely fit the size 8 sample on my body. At CC, they have hundreds of quality gorgeous gowns for a variety of budgets (my sample gown was 1K to give you an idea). They treated me like a princess- it was the wedding gown shopping experience I always wanted! Even after I bought my gown, they continued to care about ME (and not just my money!). I used them for alterations as well, and their seamstress is awesome! She can do anything.

Bridal shop for all sizes

Reviewed on 7/16/2013 Rachel K

After looking at many of the shops in my area and the mixed reviews, I decided to try Curvaceous Couture. I am not a plus size woman, but I do wear a size 10-12 and was worried about "standard" shops. I had a fantastic experience. The owners and staff were friendly and very helpful. After trying on several dresses, I fell in love with one that ended up being on the low end of my budget (yay!) and I never felt they were trying to get me to buy a more expensive one, even though they knew I was prepared to spend more. My dress came last week and I am love it. I haven't had my fitting yet, but so far I feel like I made the best decision choosing CC and would recommend them to EVERYONE. The model dresses are larger sizes but they can order and fit for anyone. "Because the love of his life isn't always a size 6", i.e. they cater to real sized women :)

Great place! And Great deal!

Reviewed on 6/16/2013 Jennifer P

I purchased my dress from Curvaceous Couture- and I managed to get a GREAT deal on a sample dress. Some may not be aware, but without at least 6 to 8 months, you are force to buy from samples - but that worked just fine for me. I don't remember the name of the woman who helped me, but she was so patient and really listened to what my concerns were. All in all, I got a Reem Acra dress for a David's bridal price!

a great salon

Reviewed on 6/08/2013 Jaclyn M

Everyone at Curvaceous Couture was fantastic. We purchased my wedding dress, mother of the bride dress, and 6 bridesmaid/groomswoman dresses there. They were always helpful, caring, and my satisfaction was their number one priority. They made shopping for and fitting my dress a wonderful experience!!

Perfect for a Woman with Curves

Reviewed on 2/04/2013 Andrea A

My very first wedding dress shopping experience was at Curvaceous Couture. I went to several other dress boutiques after trying on several dresses and I ended up going back to Curvaceous Couture to purchase my wedding gown. The staff was Excellent....from helping with picking out a dress, getting into the dress (a lot harder when you have to do it by yourself), and alterations. I decided on Calistoga by Enzoani. Best decision I made. I felt like a princess on that very special day. I am a plus size woman and Curvaceous Couture made the dress shopping experience a wonderful and beautiful one. I am glad that I went there first and made my way back to purchase the dress of my dreams.

Easy shopping experience

Reviewed on 10/18/2012 Lori D

Yukia, Yenisia and their team are wonderful. I had an easy shopping experience. I appreciated that they showed me lots of options for wedding dresses, but once I decided to go with a bridesmaid dress in ivory instead, there was no pushy sales job. The dress and veil came in just as they should and when they said it would. The fittings went well and they know exactly what to do. They knew exactly what kind of veil to order and how to alter it to my best advantage. I had one problem, some of the pins were left in the dress and I didn't know it until during the ceremony. Once I let them know they took care of it and were very responsive. They even came to see the dress and make sure it was okay. I am not deducting anything on the ratings for this because of how well they responded to the issue.

TO Curvaceous Couture Bridal featuring plus size samples