DJs With Class Serving Couples for 40+ Years!

42 years in business has provided us with a wealth of knowledge in this ever-changing industry! And when it comes down to it, the success of your reception lies mostly with the DJ. You want your guests to go home thinking, "WOW, that was a fun time!" Trust the professionals at Cutting Edge to provide you with a fun, outgoing disc-jockey, premium uplighting, a unique photo booth experience, and so much more!

African, Arabic, Bollywood, Caribbean, Celtic, Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Flamenco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Indian, Jazz, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Persian, Polka, Pop, R&B, Rock, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Audio/Visual Equipment, Equipment

227 N Loop 1604 E, #150, San Antonio, TX South Central Texas (210) 495-3900
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 12/12/2017 Alyssa H

Cutting Edge went above and beyond for our wedding. Things went awry two weeks before our wedding with our venue layout (venue approved DJ placement, but revoked approval two weeks beforehand), and Wes was there alongside me trying to help solve this problem. We spent several... Read More hours on the phone together problem-solving, and he spoke to me like a friend instead of a client. He kept it realistic yet professional, and I greatly appreciated that. Many vendors wouldn't give you the time of day because they already have your money, but Cutting Edge took care of us and made us feel SO relieved. Tayvn (our DJ) was an absolute rockstar. He has an extremely outgoing personality, contagious energy, and makes it FUN! And he's young and trendy! We had a very large song list to play at our wedding, and nearly EVERYTHING was played. He was engaging, but not the "annoying type" that you see at weddings sometimes. He was the perfect amount of interactive. We HIGHLY recommend him to all of our friends/family getting married this upcoming year. Overall we give Cutting Edge FIVE STARS for our wedding music. They are totally worth every penny and will make your night one to remember.

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Hannah O

Larry was an amazing DJ!! He played music perfectly in sync with what our guests were dancing to and was the best MC when it came to moving toasts or dollar dances around. The form they have the bride and groom fill out prior to the wedding is perfect as well it helped make... Read More everything run smoother. The music suggestions were also great because it made my spouse and I excited to hear songs and Larry had them in an order that flowed well with our guests and reception overall!

Reviewed on 1/17/2018 Elaine C

We couldn’t have made a better decision when it came to the DJ! Cutting Edge was very involved (but not overbearing!) throughout the wedding planning process to make sure we were getting exactly what we wanted. Tavyn was an amazing DJ and was able to feel out the crowd and which... Read More direction to go with the music. Ron also made a brief appearance at our reception to check with my husband and I that we were happy with the services. Our guests have been commenting on how much fun they had on the dance floor all night! Would definitely recommend them to anyone planning a wedding.

2018-02-02T11:20:29 Response from the vendor

E, Thank you for the review and having us be a part of your wedding! We really do want each couple feel like they are our most important client on any given day. We're so happy you and your guests enjoyed our service! :-D -CEE

Reviewed on 1/11/2018 Nicole N

We had a wonderful reception thanks to Cutting Edge. Our DJ, Wes, was awesome! He knew how to get everyone on the dance floor dancing!

2018-01-12T08:05:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words. We're so glad that you had a great time and that your reception was a success!

Reviewed on 12/21/2017

Everyone at cutting edge is amazing and wonderful to work with! I had the please of dealing mainly withWes but our Dj Eric was fantastic and everyone kept complementing the young lady working the photo booth! They made things easy, simple, and stress free! Thanks so much for an... Read More amazing experience!

Reviewed on 11/25/2017 Kelsie B

I wish there were 10 stars on here because 5 doesn't even begin to describe how happy we were with Tavyn from Cutting Edge! He had such a great attitude and was overall an amazing DJ! He said his goal was to make sure that at least 1 person was dancing at all times and he... Read More succeeded! My entire family was complaining of sore feet the following day because they danced so much! I would definitely recommend Cutting Edge for DJ services to anyone who is planning their wedding or any great event. Thanks for making our day so special, Tavyn :)

Reviewed on 11/21/2017 Alex C

Hiring Cutting Edge Entertainment was one of the BEST decisions we made for our wedding! From the moment I met with Wes for my consultation a year before our wedding, I knew that we would be in good hands. We requested Wes to be our DJ, and WOW, I am so glad we did! Wes is the... Read More epitome of kindness, authenticity, and amazing customer service. Leading up to the wedding, he made us feel listened to and special every time we spoke or emailed (not to mention he made some awesome recommendations for songs we were stuck on). The day of our wedding, Wes did an amazing job doing the music for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. The dance floor was packed all night and so many guests told us what a fun time they had. Wes did a great job of honoring our guests' wishes and requests, while checking in with us when necessary. The owner of the company, Ron, actually checked in as well during our reception and personally asked me and my husband how everything was going. Of course, we told him that everything was going great, but it was such a nice touch that he was there. Wes also suggested that my husband and I do a "last dance" after the guests had left, and I'm so glad we did. It was one of the most meaningful and memorable moments of the day, and I'm so grateful that he made that suggestion. Thank you Wes and Cutting Edge Entertainment for helping make our day more perfect that we could have dreamed! If you are searching for a DJ for your wedding, you have found the one!

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Brittaney B

Cutting Edge Entertainment is by far the best!! I hired them for my wedding and they exceeded all of my expectations, Wes was our DJ and he was such a great help from start to finish. He made planning the music and timeline of my event so easy. I was so grateful for him. Wes was... Read More awesome on the mic and really got the party started just like I wanted him to. From the moment I signed the contract from the last goodbye at the wedding Wes showed his professionalism and his talent. Music is the most important part of an event and Wes knows how to make sure that the music is on point. I am so grateful to have worked with Cutting Edge

2017-11-07T16:23:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much for the AMAZING review! Our DJs really strive to hit the ground running when we start playing music. We're really glad your DJ was able to connect with you and your guests! <3

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Meagan W

Was an awesome experience! Our DJ was attentive and did a great job

2017-10-22T11:26:49 Response from the vendor

We're very happy to hear you had a great experience with our company and our DJ! Someone once said "Serenity is in the details", and when it comes to pulling off the production of a wedding with announcements, all the key players, the right songs,... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 s f

Loved this company. They were professional, punctual, and great with our guest. Hire them and you will be very happy with the sound and music selection. They were very responsive to all of our requests. Call them today; you will be very pleased with their personalized... Read More service.

2017-11-07T16:25:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words! Every wedding started with a relationship in the first place. We really do our best to be as attentive and responsive to all of our couples so that they feel valued and cared for. Communication is the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Britany B

Wes was awesome! He was fun to review the details with in the planning stages, very knowledgeable, and followed through with what he promised. We had guests on the dancefloor the entire time it was open! He played all of our requested songs and made sure to ask us if a guest... Read More requested a song that it was okay with us to play it. Super fun reception and Photobooth!

2017-10-21T11:44:59 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much for the feedback! We're glad you loved your DJ and your Photobooth! Wes mentioned that your responsiveness and attention to detail in the weeks leading up to the big day were extremely helpful. Thank you for having us! Wishing you and... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Peyton P

Although I don't remember our DJ's name, he was amazing! Communication was great before the wedding to ensure all of our needs and wants were met. He coordinated with our wedding planner perfectly and never missed a beat! Thank you Cutting Edge Entertainment!

2017-10-19T11:16:38 Response from the vendor

Hi Peyton! Your DJ's name was Tavyn. It's common to not remember your DJ's name, with all that you had going on that day. Also, we try and make it all about you and not all about us. I'm so glad that you were pleased... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Samantha K

Erik was a great DJ. My guests had a great time. Wes even stopped by during the night to make sure all was going well.

2017-10-03T10:15:40 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much for the kind words, S! We loved working with you and truly enjoyed your wedding! We wish you nothing but the best! :)

Reviewed on 9/04/2017 Kimberly A

We are so glad we went with Cutting Edge Entertainment for our DJ. Every open house we went to Wes happened to be there too and his personality worked so well with ours that we requested him to be our DJ for our wedding. BEST DECISION EVER! Ron was quick to respond to any... Read More questions we had and made sure that we understood the contracts and what we were getting. Wes took the time to help us plan our timeline for our day and gave advice on the music we selected. He also wasn’t scared away by our spreadsheet :) We had made a list of song requests that we got from our guests’ RSVPs and then had tabs for our ceremony music, our entrance music, our important dances. This helped a lot for all of us to understand our vision for the day as well as see the range in taste from our guests. The soundtrack to our wedding day couldn’t have been more perfect! Wes was attentive and readily available for questions. He interacted with our guests which everyone absolutely loved. If we had to do it all over again, we wouldn’t change a thing!

2017-10-03T10:17:52 Response from the vendor

Details are key! Input from a couple is priceless when it comes to delivering a night like that one. We, as a company, truly loved working with you in creating a one of a kind night. Also, who doesn't love a Doctor Who cake topper?... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Lauren R

We had a blast with Cutting Edge! They were able to do our wedding right before the holidays and we had so much fun. Really enjoyed the personal attention from Ron leading up to the event. Everyone at the company was helpful and followed up with us leading up to the big day.... Read More Thanks again for all the fun!

Reviewed on 11/27/2016 Diane V

The overall performance for our wedding, was fine. I can tell he was a new DJ because he seemed very unsure about the itinerary nor did he have our list of songs/genres. But, I'm giving a review because of one downfall and, to me, I just can't seem to get this out of my head.... Read More My husband, Juan, asked for specific music during the garter removal, which he was told by Ron Peene himself that "We got it". Great! My husband was super excited because this was something that really put his personal touch to our wedding. I did my bouquet toss and shortly after I took a seat to get ready for the garter removal. I saw my husband talk to the DJ and kinda shrugged his shoulders then we proceeded. It was a fun moment with laughs and silliness as Marvin Gaye's "Lets get it on" played. Well, the next day my husband told me what really happened. That was NOT the song he requested, heck, he doesn't even like that song, nor would he have ever picked it. About an hour and a half before the garter removal Ron Peene reassured Juan that his song was good-to-go! Then, two minutes before the actual removal, when I saw my husband talking to the DJ, he informed Juan that he couldn't get it to sync, "Do you just want me to play Marvin Gaye instead?" My husband shrugged his shoulders and said, "I guess" but he was so upset inside and had to wing the whole thing. You see, my husband is an avid Rocky Balboa fan, he LOVES those movies as he is a boxer himself. So, he wanted to come out shadow boxing to the Rocky theme song as he approached me to remove my garter. I couldn't think of a better way for Juan to have his moment than what he initially wanted to do. This was HIS MOMENT and if Ron Peene hadn't reassured my husband an hour and a half BEFORE that everything was good to go, then I wouldn't be so upset, but he did. All of Juan's hope, and excitement, was soon gone TWO MINUTES before my his moment...TWO MINUTES!!! If he would have known way before, then Juan would have had time to think of something else, which he would have came up with Eye of the Tiger, which is another Rocky themed song, but NO, he got less than TWO MINUTES to shrug his shoulders as the DJ said "Do you just want me to play Marvin Gaye instead?" Really?!! That DJ had to have known that my husband's song of choice wasn't working, because he was more than ready to play MARVIN GAYE! Again, this might not seem like a big deal, but for a couple planning their big day for over a year, and getting reassurance by the owner RON PEENE himself, this was a complete let down! As a bride, and now wife, all I wanted was for my husband to have his own personal touch especially since he's been so supportive about everything that I wanted since day one. I know that our guests had no idea what Juan was initially going to do, nor did I at the time, but now that I know I just can't seem to get this out of my head. It's very upsetting, especially since you see all these viral wedding videos of grooms' doing their own silly/romantic personal touches for their brides on their wedding day...and my husband will never have that. I hope brides reading my review will understand what I'm feeling and I will copy and paste this review and put it on every website that CUTTING EDGE ENTERTAINMENT is linked to.

2016-11-28T10:07:05 Response from the vendor

I’m very sorry that you were not satisfied with the services that we provided for you. I was there and I thought our DJ was doing a great job. When I checked in with you, you said that “everything is great”. To address your first... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Shae W

I was so very happy with everything with cutting edge. They were quick to respond and answer any and every question i had, and I had A LOT! They wanted to make sure we had exactly what we wanted on our big day and we did. Our ceremony was outside and reception inside which... Read More worked out well with transitions from outside to inside without a problem. Our dj tavyn was so great and keeping the party going. I was beyond impressed with everything they did amd will definitely be recommending them. If I ever have another large event like this again I will be using them without a doubt.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Christa W

I cannot say enough great things about this company. From day 1, Ron was fully invested in not only our wedding, but us as a couple. Tavyn, our DJ on the day of our wedding, made sure to contact us and introduce himself prior to the wedding. During the wedding, he was easy to... Read More work with, a pleasure to be around, and made sure that our guests were happy too. Also, he was very flexible when we had to make a couple changes on the fly. I would recommend Cutting Edge to anyone, and also recommend Tavyn as the DJ.

Reviewed on 9/22/2016

We were very pleased with the service that provided by Cutting Edge Entertainment. The experience, from the very day we met, all the way until the end of the reception was very proffesional. They did an amazing job and kept the wedding pary going on the whole time without a... Read More single dull moment! We will definitely recommend Cutting Edge Entertainment to anyone that is looking for an honest, professional and knowledgeable DJ service!

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Aida Yolanda S

Ron was terrific. We got the right mix of music for each part of the wedding, reception and dance. The timeline and announcements made it a worry free event. Patrick and Carlos were great DJs. We stayed on budget.

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Brittany W

Ron was great from the beginning! He is good at getting back to you with answers to your questions. I requested Wes to be my DJ for the wedding and I am so glad I did! He was easy to get along with and definitely knows what he is doing! I had people asking me if they can get the... Read More playlist to my wedding...even though I had gave him a list of songs, I will give him most of the credit. He read my crowd and played songs according to that. He also personally came up to me for approval to play "who let the dogs out" when one of my guests requested it since its on his no play list, too funny! He did such an amazing job!! I am so glad I choose Cutting Edge Entertainment to DJ my special day! Thanks Ron & Wes!

2016-07-25T11:54:13 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the stellar review! Wes had a blast being your DJ! And while he doesn't have a "do not play" list per se, he has mentioned having a "red flag" list. That song along with a few others like "Mambo No.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Beth M

Ron is amazing. Very detailed and on the ball. Returned calls immediately and was very patient with a special project I wanted to do at my wedding. The DJ on-site gave me a call a few days before and we had a great conversation about what I wanted and his process. I felt very... Read More confident going into my wedding. There were a few music choices I would not have picked, but my guests were happy. I think the problem was mainly me. The music I listen to is not exactly what you play at a wedding. Minus one Celine Dion song and one song that was played twice :/ - I was very happy. They are a great price and sound very professional.

Reviewed on 6/04/2016 Terri Lynn J

We enjoyed our DJ for our wedding. He really followed our requests & the specific format of our music selection. I feel like his transitions between songs could have been better but overall we were happy & I was on the dance floor alot. Thank you to Cutting Edge for your awesome... Read More DJ services!!!

Dancing the night away

Reviewed on 9/07/2015 Lacey H

Working with Ron was great, he ensured the DJ met all our needs. The DJ was very professional and nice. He played all the music from our requested song list.

Great Value!

Reviewed on 8/20/2015

Cutting Edge was the best! They had great package deals, for example photo booth, up- lighting, & custom monogram. Ron was always helpful! Wes was our DJ and made the night awesome! He kept the crowd going and was very pleasant! We will definitely keep them in mind for any more... Read More services.

Meet The President

Ron Peene

Ron started as a mobile disc-jockey in Chicago in 1987 and came to Cutting Edge in 1990. Upon moving to Texas, he worked at Power 93 in the late 80’s and eventually spending 17 years at KISS Radio as “Ron James”. His extensive experience and commitment to superior customer service is passed along to the staff at Cutting Edge on a regular basis. He loves music and working one-on-one with clients to integrate their favorite styles into their event. In his spare time, Ron loves spending time with his family, playing poker, and being outdoors.