Cuvee Champagne/Celebrations

Milwaukee, WI

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Champagne takes center stage at Cuvee, an understatedly elegant ballroom and lounge in the Third Ward of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It is an old champagne bar that has reinvented itself as an event space. If you want to hold your wedding ceremony and reception in a place that is sophisticated and artistic but not stuffy or snobby, then Cuvee just may be the place for you. It is decorated with light-colored bricks and natural wood. Couples who hold their wedding festivities at Cuvee typically rent out the entire facility, which is the third floor of an unassuming building in which the other floors belong to other businesses. A wedding at Cuvee can include a seated dinner, a cocktail reception or both and therefore, weddings at Cuvee can take place in either or both of its two specialized spaces.

Lounge. With its plush seating and its low tables, the lounge at Cuvee is so sophisticated that it even appeals to guests who think they are too cool to attend ballroom weddings; celebrities sipping champagne on reality TV would not look out of place there. Cocktail receptions in the Lounge can hold up to 250 guests.

Ballroom. The staff at Cuvee can arrange the Ballroom for wedding ceremonies or for seated dinners, sometimes both in the same night. The Ballroom has hardwood floors with wooden pillars throughout and windows that look out onto the city lights. Wedding receptions in the Ballroom can seat up to 200 guests.

At Cuvee, you can customize the wedding space according to your tastes; some couples decorate it with chandeliers or strings of white lights. Couples who celebrate their weddings at Cuvee can choose their own caterers, although Cuvee provides a list of preferred vendors. If you have both a wedding ceremony and a reception at Cuvee, your guests can enjoy champagne and hors d’oeuvres in the Lounge while the staff changes the setup of the Ballroom from a ceremony to a seated-dinner setup. The space is available for event rentals seven days a week. If your wedding is on Sunday through Thursday, you can rent the space for four hours and the festivities must end by 10 p.m. If you rent the space on Friday or Saturday, you can rent it for six hours and the celebration must end by midnight.

Guests who have attended weddings at Cuvee enjoy the fun atmosphere and the dazzling array of champagnes. Because of Cuvee’s city location, it can be difficult to find nearby parking. While the Ballroom and Lounge can accommodate more than 200 guests, some people who have attended weddings at Cuvee wish that such a large space would have more restrooms.

Weddings at Cuvee include the following extra perks:

• Large selection of champagnes and martinis
  • Weekday weddings available
  • Dressing area for brides and bridesmaids
  • Champagne tastings for the couple during planning stages

We love to celebrate

Cultivated from all that we love, a spirited good time shared with friends, family and colleagues. We blend the historic and new, the creative and sophisticated, with the enchanted result being Cuvée. Let us transform your event into a flawless and memorable occasion. Come to Cuvée.

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Loft

Bar + Drinks, Planning

177 N. Broadway, Milwaukee, WI (414) 225-9800

Reviewed on 8/20/2015 Grace G

Cuvee was the perfect setting for our wedding and reception! It is such a beautiful location and the staff was great to work with. We had a small (90 guests) Thursday night ceremony followed by cocktails and butler passed h'ors deouvres, and dancing. Because the space itself... Read More is so gorgeous, we didn't have to go crazy with decorations- lots of candles was really all we needed. We loved having two rooms for the guests to mingle in- the big event room with the food and dj, and if guests wanted to talk/relax somewhere a little quieter, the champagne lounge was perfect. Aside from the beauty of the venue, the staff was what made our day so wonderful. We paid a few hundred dollars more for the day-of coordination package and that was worth every penny! Nadia did an amazing job of having a timeline typed up so everyone knew where they needed to be and when, the staff set up all our decor and packed it all up for us at the end of the night. They did an awesome job of taking care us. Knowing Nadia had everything under control allowed my mom and I to relax and just enjoy the evening. I would highly recommend having your event at Cuvee. Its a beautiful and classy venue, our guests had an incredible time, the house champagne is amazing, and the staff did an awesome job of running the event. It truly was the wedding of my dreams.

Reviewed on 8/15/2015 Elizabeth K

Cuvee featured the perfect atmosphere for our wedding: fancy and polished, but not stuffy. We initially booked with the owner Kris who won us over with her professionalism and attention to detail. Two different wedding coordinators came on during the ~16 months before our... Read More wedding and were quite good. Nadia, who was the coordinator at the time of our wedding, was wonderful at leading us through the details and letting us set up a bit the afternoon before. Because of the beautiful space, we didn't have to go crazy with decorations, which was also a plus.

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Rebecca C

I attempted several times to get in contact with Cuvee (Nadia), however no one responded to my emails or voicemails. I hosted a birthday party at Cuvee a few years ago and received similar service, but thought since they'd switched solely to being an event space their customer... Read More focus would be different. I was sadly disappointed! If they cannot return a simple phone call or email, I am scared to put my wedding day in their hands.

Reviewed on 11/25/2016 Ellen P

AMAZING! From start to finish Cuvee was simply amazing! Taylor was my planner and was on top of it, coordinating the vendors and setting up for me (additional service) and it was all worth it! The venue is so beautiful you don't have to bring a lot of decorations, the brick and... Read More the lighting are just stunning on their own. The other neat thing about the venue is that the bar is more like a lounge and guests can relax in the comfortable booths and hang out together (if they aren't dancing!). We had about 95 guests and we easily could of had more so there was enough space on the dance floor and the bar area. Our guests had the best time and loved Cuvee, really a perfect venue!

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Sammi S

I love this venue so much. It was the only place that I could have seen myself getting married and it was really perfect. Everything flowed really well and it is such a beautiful venue with the cream city brick walls. I only wanted somewhere where we could have the ceremony and... Read More reception at the same place and this was it. They did a great job of flipping the room after the ceremony. Everything was great!!

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Kaitlyn M

Such a beautiful space for a wedding with warm lighting and gorgeous exposed brick. From the moment we toured I knew it was where I wanted to have my wedding. Many of our guests were from out of town and definitely commented on how beautiful the venue was. Like many other... Read More couples, we were happy to not need much additional decor because the space is so nice on its own. We also decided to hire Cuvee to be our day of coordinator. The process went very smoothly, however our coordinator actually quit right before our wedding! I have to say that the owner Kris did a phenomenal job picking up where the previous coordinator left off and had such a competent staff that you would never have know we had spent months planning with someone else. I cannot even express how impressed I was and the day was so perfect and beautiful.

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Britni D

Beautiful location, awesome exposed brick and wood work. Our guests loved our venue and thought it was gorgeous. The bartenders and manager took care of us for sure. Though do be wary of small price changes (drinks, table rentals, chairs). The contract states that they can... Read More change at will, the only thing truly locked down is your rental fees. Though, I will say that overall the prices were fantastic, especially for the 3rd ward. Would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Leah C

Cuvee is the most amazing venue hands down! My husband and I fell in love with the space the moment we toured it. The space is just beautiful - many of our guests commented on how neat and different the venue was! Nadia was extremely helpful throughout the entire planning... Read More process - she always replied to my e-mails in a timely manner. And if she did not know the answer she connected me with Kris. Both Kris and Nadia had plenty of suggestions for vendors and decor ideas. We opted to hire Nadia for day of coordination and it was the best money we spent. She put together an extremely detailed day of timeline and coordinated all of our vendors so that we did not have to. She made sure everyone was where they needed to be when they needed to be there. The entire day went smoothly because of her - I felt like I could really relax and enjoy myself without having to worry about a thing. I highly recommend utilizing Nadia if you book Cuvee!

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Allison L

Cuvee was the most perfect venue for our ceremony and reception. We worked with Nadia who was also our day-off coordinator. She was AWESOME! She made sure all the logistics were in order with all vendors, she took our personal decor and arranged it in a beautiful way, and she... Read More was just so easy to work with. We had absolutely nothing to worry about. Our guests continue to rave about the venue because it is so unique and has soo much character. The ceremony to cocktail hour to reception transition was extremely smooth. The bar was also amazing. We couldn't have asked for a better day and better people to work with. We highly recommend Cuvee!

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Alissa D

We had our wedding reception at Cuvee on 7.30.16, and let me just say it could not have been more perfect. I only looked at one other venue when we first got engaged, and I am so happy we chose Cuvee. There seriously could not have been a better fit for my husband and I. The day... Read More I made an appointment to look at Cuvee, I instantly fell in love. From the cream city brick to the beautiful bar area and wood pillars, it was right up our alley. I was looking for more of an intimate space that could hold 200 people, and this was everything I had ever dreamed of. To put the cherry on top, Nadia the event coordinator at Cuvee, was phenomenal to work with. She has an outstanding personality and any bumps in the road we had come up, she was there to help figure them out. She was also extremely professional and was able to answer any and all questions we had either over the phone or via email. Nadia was also there the night of the wedding to make sure everything ran smoothly and she did an amazing job keeping everything in line. Everything was set up perfectly and just had I had envisioned. We had a little trouble finalizing exactly what we wanted for our bar package, but she was so flexible and was able to breakdown everything for us to ease our decision making. I honestly wish we could book another event at Cuvee just to work with Nadia again and have another party in such a fun space -- maybe for our 5 year anniversary ;) The 3 bartenders we had for the reception were also awesome and very friendly. Cuvee and its staff went over the top in accommodating us and our guests for the wedding, and I would do it there again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 7/10/2016 Jillian M

Amazing and perfect space. Our favorite thing about Cuvee was that the space didn't need much decor to look amazing. Since my husband is an architect the Venue features were critical to him. We loved the cream city brick and it translated in pictures amazing as well. We had a... Read More larger wedding (215 guests) and was worried we might be cramped in Cuvee. This was not at all the case. It created an intimacy and kept the party going. Working with Nadia was seamless. She was extremely helpful and a great resource for anything I needed. Day of I was able to just enjoy our wedding and not worry about any details. Anyone who asked me anything I could direct them onto her. Cuvee will forever hold a very special place in my heart.

Reviewed on 4/14/2016 Alyssa J

We had our small (80 people) wedding at Cuvee and I can't imagine having it anywhere else. It was a wonderful night. Cuvee's staff is great and very professional. Their house champagne wasn't too expensive and tasted great. It's such a beautiful space, especially at night and... Read More well appointed- we had our ceremony and reception there and it was beautiful.

Reviewed on 4/13/2016 Kate T

Absolutely incredible! Nadia was fantastic to work with and made sure the entire day went as planned. Hiring her as our day of coordinator was well worth it. She coordinated all of our vendors, our ceremony and reception. The bartenders and staff were all friendly and more than... Read More competent. The space is beautiful, simple, elegant and classic. I could rave for days. Cuvee gave us the wedding we hoped for!!

Beautiful venue to hold a small-medium size wedding!

Reviewed on 11/05/2015 Jenny Y

Everyone at Cuvee was extremely nice and helpful. They made sure the day and decorations were perfect! I would recommend this to any bride and groom!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

Truly one of Milwaukee's gems. We have hosted two events at Cuvee and have been blown away by their flawless execution. The space is beautiful and the staff is amazing. We share many stories with friends and family about our experiences at Cuvee. A definite must for anyone who... Read More is planning a lifetime event!!

Everything I wanted and more

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Chelsea R

I cannot say enough about my wedding reception at Cuvee. When my husband and I started to look at venues, we were looking for a unique venue that had a cozy yet vintage feel. When I walked into Cuvee, I knew it was perfect. The lounge area opening up into the venue was... Read More absolutely perfect. Nadia was amazing to work with. When we were in the process of planning, Cuvee switched event coordinators and I became nervous. Kris and Nadia assured me that all would be perfect, and they were absolutely right! I also hired Nadia for the "Day of Coordinator" in order to make sure all was perfect for our day. I would HIGHLY recommend doing this. She took all of my decorations and my notes and made my dream come true! I cannot say enough about Cuvee. Thank you for making our day everything we could have asked for and more! Nadia and Kris also knew we had a tight budget on bar packages! After our details meeting, Nadia emailed me and told me they were going to do two signature drinks for us complimentary! We paid for the champagne and they did the rest! It was perfect! One last thing! I lost my garter somewhere between our pictures and getting to the venue! Don't ask me how..... I told Nadia this, and she somehow figured out how to make a new make-shift garter for me so I could do the garter toss! They went above and beyond and I am so thankful! Our guests raved about the cozy setting and how intimate our wedding was even with 150 people! We made it cozy and personalized all with the help of Nadia, Kris, and the rest of the Cuvee Staff!

Fall Wedding at Cuvee 2015

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Erin J

Cuvee couldn't have been a more beautiful/unique venue for our wedding! The staff was amazing and very accommodating. The atmosphere of the venue alone is breathtaking, add in your personal touches for your wedding and you wont want to leave at the end of the night. I highly... Read More recommend Cuvee for your wedding!

Beautiful

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Stephanie R

Cuvee is a beautiful venue in the heart of Milwaukee's Historic Third Ward. It had everything we were looking for - cream city brick, beautiful wood, and plenty of space for our guests. We particularly liked the large round bar. This area is separate from the dining area, and... Read More it was so nice for our guests to be able to hang out there during the cocktail hour then having the doors open when it was time for dinner to reveal the dining room. People also loved hanging out at the bar once the dancing started. It was so nice to have that separation and an area for guests to go who weren't much of dancers. The service was great - Nadia was very responsive via e-mail and they set up all of our decor exactly the way I had pictured it in my mind. I would absolutely recommend Cuvee to other brides!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Sararose L

Cuvee was the perfect venue for our wedding ceremony and reception. We loved all of the brick, the horseshoe shaped bar and the high ceilings. Although it does have a lot of character on it's own there is so much you can do with it to add your own style. We added in string... Read More lighting through-out and chandeliers and it looked amazing! We went through a couple of wedding coordinators during our 18 month engagement and ended up with Nadia who was extremely helpful. She was helpful, responsive and so friendly! Thanks to you and your team for everything!

Perfect Ambiance

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Kristen W

Cuvee is the perfect wedding venue for both the ceremony and reception. The space is flexible - we held our ceremony in the main room then moved guests into the lounge for cocktails and hors d'oeuvres while they flipped the main room for the sit down dinner and reception. We had... Read More 125 guests and the space fit us perfectly (can hold up to 225ish).

Reviewed on 9/25/2015 Kristin R

We reserved Cuvee on the spot, a year and a half before our wedding. There was no doubt about it, we had to have this venue. Throughout the reservation time, it switched event coordinators a few times but when it was time to meet up and start the planning process, we had Nadia... Read More to help and she was amazing! She was very easy to talk with, quite knowledgeable about how to utilize the space, and very open to sharing her creativity and ideas to help us get the look we wanted for our special day. The staff did an amazing job setting up for us, and our guests said they loved the friendliness and demeanor of the bartenders. We fully 100% recommend Cuvee for not only your wedding, but for any other special events as well!

Beautiful Venue, Inflexible About Bar

Reviewed on 11/20/2014 Laura P

Cuvee is lovely. I'm so happy we had our reception here. It was a little daunting to go through so much staff turnover (from the point we signed the contract to the point of our wedding was 13 months and they had 4 venue coordinators in that time) but everything worked out... Read More beautifully. Jennifer is courteous, kind, and professional. I didn't have any interaction personally with the owner (Kris? I think?) but my day of coordinator said she is pleasant as well. My only small gripe is their lack of flexibility surrounding the bar. I get it, weddings are their bread and butter so they have the right to set their own rules but it was such a pain that they wouldn't close the bar during dinner so that we could extend our package a bit longer. 99% of wedding venues will have the bar open for cocktail hour, close during dinner while people are seated and eating, and reopen after dinner for dancing, etc. Cuvee will only allow "continuous" bar service. So if you want a bar package from 6-12, you are paying for 6-12 even though barely anyone is drinking during the dinner hour from 7-8pm since they're in a different room and settled. It seems like a giant waste. We even announced that the bar would still be open, but again, once everyone is settled and eating and talking with their table they don't want to get up, leave the room, order their drinks, and come back. I wish we could have done 6pm-7:15, and reopened the bar at 8:15 - 12am for the same price as what we ultimately did, which was open bar 6-11pm and cash bar 11pm - 12am. But, really, that's my only negative. I would absolutely recommend Cuvee as a venue overall. My family and friends raved about it!

Champagne!

Reviewed on 7/03/2014

Cuvee Champagne Lounge was a great wedding venue. The look of the venue was exactly what we were looking for. It provided a classic, unique space and our guests loved it. We had the cocktail hour in the bar area, which we would absolutely recommend as the reception area is... Read More too long and narrow to handle both dinner and the cocktail hour. We had a live band and were a little nervous about the sound, but it turned out great! Finally, the staff, specifically Kristy, was great to work with. She was very friendly and professional. Highly recommend the space and the Cuvee team!

Perfect!

Reviewed on 10/25/2013 Kathleen B

Everything was perfect! Cara was great to work with and brought it together perfectly!!

Amazing Team

Reviewed on 9/16/2013 Melinda F

Working with Cuvée was such a pleasure. It was a seamless evening, because they do an amazing job working with all the vendors and helping your vision become a reality. Thanks!