CW Hill Country Ranch Wedding Venue + Lodging

Boerne, TX

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

The CW Hill Country Ranch Bed and Breakfast and Wedding Venue is steeped in the history of being a successful working cattle ranch. The current owners were inspired by their own daughter's barn wedding at a different venue and used that inspiration to turn their own homestead into a wedding venue and bed and breakfast. This means the property allows for an entire weekend of celebrating, rather than just a few hours. Although located on 70 secluded acres, the property is still close to San Antonio hotels, golf courses and vineyards. The venue is ideal for the couple desiring a vintage or country-chic wedding.

Outdoor Ceremony Sites. These sites have been selected for their beautiful views and position to enjoy glorious Texan sunsets. An altar or arch can be decorated with flowers and positioned at the end of a path bordered by lawns or in front of oak trees for a stunning and natural backdrop.

Barn Reception Hall. The charming barn with its beautiful big barn doors can accommodate up to 300 guests. It is usually used for receptions, but can be used for a ceremony in inclement weather. While of authentic rustic appearance externally, the barn has been renovated inside to a state of elegant natural beauty. Ornate chandeliers hand from timber beams, which exhibit a beautiful grain. The barn has clean lines, is spacious and is equipped with ceiling fans for the comfort of guests. The barn also has a 2,000 square foot covered patio for guests to retreat into the shade or enjoy a cocktail hour.

Timber wagons, saddles, ranch fencing, creeks and sprawling trees make for beautiful photography sessions on the property. The owner of the property is happy to offer his golf cart to assist in accessing some particularly scenic areas.

There are two bars at the venue, one indoor and one outdoor. Included in the venue fees are clean up, set up, chairs, tables, altar/arches, lighting and parking. External vendors are also accepted. This venue also includes several wedding packages from which to choose.

Reviews cite the affordability of the venue and the fact that there are no surprise fees as particularly impressive.

There are many enjoyable features of the CW Hill Country Ranch Bed and Breakfast and Wedding Venue for the couple and their guests. These include:

• Bridal suite
  • Groom's quarters
  • Honeymoon cottage for bridge and groom on wedding night
  • Bed and breakfast accommodation for 25 guests
  • Bartenders
  • Pool
  • Fire pit
  • Lawn games

Texas Hill Country Indoor-Oudoor Wedding Venue

Gorgeous views and sunsets create the perfect backdrop for the wedding of your dreams. Our rustic yet elegant barn and beautiful homestead accommodate up to 250 guests with lodging for up to 30.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Farm + Ranch, Barn, Estate, Historic Venue, Hotel

Bar + Drinks, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Planning, Service Staff

13 CW Ranch Road, Boerne, TX (830) 324-6532
WEBSITE FACEBOOK PINTEREST

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Katherine R

From the moment my fiance and I met Kristine and Dennis, we knew that the CW Hill Country Ranch was exactly where we wanted to tie the knot! They made us feel so welcome, cherished, and special and I knew it was the place for us when they talked to us about how God had led them... Read More to open up this stunning venue. The CW was everything that we could have dreamed of and more. It was the perfect combination of rustic and elegance., of country and glam, of down-to-earth and perfectly-put-together. Every single detail that Kristine and Dennis have put into their venue is planned with your ideal wedding in mind! If we could go back a thousand times and redo the beauty, joy, and love that made up our Wedding Day, we'd choose the CW again and again. Words cannot encapsulate how incredibly gorgeous this venue is or how special your day will feel because you are in the hands of Kristine and Dennis.

Reviewed on 4/03/2017 Kelsi

I could not have asked for a better wedding venue. We rented the entire place (venue and B&B) for the weekend and it was absolutely beautiful. Kristine and Dennis were helpful every step of the way, and they made planning a wedding (what could have been a stressful process) easy... Read More and enjoyable. They were easy to get ahold of and quick to respond when I had questions. The rooms were beautiful and very clean. Breakfast both days was delicious, and there was always more than enough for everyone who stayed. They truly made us feel like we were a part of their family while we were there. I would recommend both the wedding venue and the bed and breakfast to anyone and everyone!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Debra S

My daughter's wedding was absolutely perfect! Kristine & Dennis were wonderful hosts for our weekend family time. We stayed at the B&B two nights which made our wedding day so relaxing! Kristine did all the flowers . I received compliments all evening about how beautifull... Read More they looked. We were blessed by the joy of the day & all the beauty of the hill country. CW Ranch was my daughter's dream venue!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Danielle Z

We knew this was going to be our wedding location from the moment we drove up. The ranch and B&B are absolutely gorgeous while at the same time making you feel like you're at home. Kristine and Dennis were absolutely fabulous from the time we set the date until even after the... Read More wedding was over. During the whole process we were able to rest assured that they would help make every detail perfect. Dennis even helped carry my beautiful bride across the river during her bridal photos. Wherever there was an opportunity to go above and beyond - they did. As far as the venue itself we fell in love with the rustic elegance of the whole property. We had our entire family stay at the B&B before/during the wedding, had our rehearsal dinner there, wedding and reception. We wouldn't have changed a thing. Thank you for making our special day perfect!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Katherine C

I absolutely loved the venue and Kristine was amazing to work with! I had to do all my wedding planning from overseas and she helped relieve all of my fears. Even when I came back stateside, I was still 9 hours away. We didn't get to see the venue until three days before the... Read More wedding. When we ran into issues with money transfers and surprise bills, she worked with us on delaying cashing checks. I recommend this venue to everyone! It's beautiful!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Sabra F

Loved the ranch and our over all experience there! Nothing but amazing. The ranch was gorgeous and the bed and breakfast was amazing as well. They make sure you have everything you need and that all questions are answered as well. I can't say enough good things about them!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Spencer L

Wow. Just wow. This B&B is nothing short of amazing. We chose the CW ranch to bring our family together for my (now) wife and I's wedding. Our entire family stayed in the Main House and my wife and I stayed in the Honeymoon Cottage for a 2 night stay. The entire property was... Read More pristine. Dennis and Kristine (owners) were the most gracious hosts. They tended to anything that we needed and helped with everything for the wedding. We had a small, 15 person wedding under two oak trees in the meadow out back. Dennis and Kristine made sure everything was perfect leading up to, during and after the ceremony. They made everything super easy. This property and B&B is top notch. I couldn't imagine having my wedding ceremony anywhere else. Oh, and their bacon,spinach and cream cheese quiche is to die for. I highly recommend the CW Ranch to anyone looking for a quiet getaway or an amazing wedding venue.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Spencer L

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Rochelle B

My husband and I just got married in September 2016 and I can’t say enough good things about The CW Hill Country Ranch and Kristine and Dennis. They are such a kind, generous and loving Christian couple and the moment we met them and saw the venue we knew we didn’t need to look... Read More any further. This was the first and only place Coleton and I looked at, and we even had another appointment scheduled at a different venue right after. The CW was everything we wanted and more. The drive out to the venue is gorgeous and the venue itself is breathtaking! A huge reason we chose this venue is because of Kristine and Dennis (but it also really helped that we loved the place too!) Kristine was also my Day of Coordinator and I am SO glad I made the decision to do that. She helped with my vendor contracts, scheduling the times of all the vendors to arrive the day of our wedding, and helped the entire wedding day run so smoothly, which took so much stress off of myself. We were constantly in contact and e-mailing back and fourth up until my wedding- she put so much hard work into making my vision come to life! I truly felt like Kristine and Dennis wanted the best for my husband and I and did whatever it took to make us happy. Kristine was so easy to work with and so easy to get ahold of, and they were both very flexible with letting us come out to visit the venue a few times before the wedding. We stayed at the Bed and Breakfast with our bridal parties, parents and siblings and it was SO special to spend that time with our loved ones and getting to enjoy the property for an extra day! The main house and bedrooms are stunning and it was so convenient being able to wake up at the venue and not have to travel the day of the wedding. And we got a super yummy home-cooked breakfast both days by Kristine. The guys had so much fun staying in the Foreman’s house and hanging out there before the wedding, and the Bridal Suite was so cute! I would absolutely recommend The CW Hill Country Ranch to everyone!! Kristine also had a super helpful recommend vendors list, which we ended up using for all of our vendors- and they were all AWESOME! Kristine and Dennis are now our friends and not “just the owners of the venue we got married at”- and I think that says everything!

Reviewed on 9/24/2016 Rikki P

I cannot recommend the CW Hill Country Ranch enough! Aside from the venue and the ranch being gorgeous, Dennis and Kristine are so kind and loving - they both made the experience incredible. We had only looked at a few venues before we chose, and immediately we felt at home and... Read More at ease at the ranch with them. The entire planning process and wedding way was made infinitely better because of how well Dennis and Kristine cared for us and for our wedding. We love them and are so thankful to have had them be a part of our big day! I would also highly recommend having Kristine coordinate. I can be a little scatterbrained when it comes to design, and she was always right there to give guidance. She made sure everything was perfect and more beautiful than I could ever have imagined. She worked all day on Friday and Saturday to ensure that my reception was perfect, and having just chosen things that I liked and told her my general aesthetic, she accomplished a vision that I hadn't fully formed in my own mind. It was beyond all expectations - it was perfect when I hadn't fully envisioned what perfect was. To say that she is helpful is an understatement. As my husband and I reflect on the day of our wedding, there isn't a single thing we would have done differently. Everything was perfect - we have Kristine and Dennis to thank for that. We highly, highly recommend!

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Aaron N

Kristine and Dennis are not only a fabulous and the sweetest couple, but also amazing to work with. They pay attention to every detail and provide feedback super quick. We worked with them for a little over a year for our wedding and they became a part of our family. Kristine... Read More was always there whenever I needed anything. She is incredibly experienced and has a very creative vision. She was our onsight day of coordinator and created our flower arrangements and everything was perfect. She knew what I wanted and went above and beyond to make everything happen. I highly recommend this venue!!

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Ashley S

Our time at CW Hill Country Ranch was truly wonderful and unforgettable in every way! Kristine and Dennis were awesome to work with and their professionalism, dedication and expertise were evident from our first meeting to when we left “The Ranch” as newlyweds. Kristine and... Read More Dennis were instrumental in the entire weekend. Our family LOVED them and their experience at the bed n breakfast. Kristine never missed a detail or a time to make a difference. Ie: handing me a drink during pictures, decor, flowers or taking care of my toe during a small dancing accident. Kristine and Dennis don't just meet expectations they consistently go above and beyond at every opportunity all while being sweet, fun, and kind. The wedding venue and accompanying Bed and Breakfast accommodations are the perfect setting for a destination Hill Country wedding. For any bride or groom looking at wedding venues, I very strongly recommend CW Hill Country Ranch and I would recommend not making any plans until you have met with Kristine and Dennis and toured “The Ranch.”

2016-06-21T12:41:57 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much for the kind words! Everyone -- you, your sweet husband, family and friends were amazing!!! It was such a pleasure and honor to have been a part of your special day and weekend. We can't wait to watch you guys... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/15/2016 Debra H

Over a year ago, I happened to be out looking at wedding venues in Boerne when I came across a sign for CW. I grabbed my cell, called the number and Kristine picked up. I asked to come by - without an appointment and she graciously spent over an hour with me, going over details... Read More and plans for my wedding. I immediately booked and the rest is history. CW is the an amazing venue. From the ceremony site, to the barn, to the awesome B&B, it is hands down the best! Kristine and Dennis are an absolute blessing to work with. Im SO glad I chose CW for my wedding!

Loved the Owners! Beautiful View!

Reviewed on 1/25/2016 Rebecca J

I have nothing but good things to say about CW Hill Country Ranch! One of my favorite things about this venue (ceremony and reception venue) is how personable and helpful the owners, Kristine and Dennis, were. I did not feel like just another bride; they treated my wedding with... Read More great importance! Kristine was always available via email and phone to address our questions, comments, and concerns (and she never seemed bothered with how many questions we asked!). They also made the venue available for us to get a feel of the layout (more than once), to take engagement pictures and to take bridal portraits. Probably one of the most memorable things about this venue was the hill country view. This made our pictures and the overall feel of our wedding absolutely perfect! There are so many great places for pictures, and our photographer had so much to work with. The outdoor ceremony was stunning, and it is perfectly positioned for sunset. Our guests loved the convenience of having the reception sight so close: the barn is literally steps away from the ceremony sight! The area for the "cocktail hour" is perfect for the guests to enjoy the bar (we just had sodas, hot chocolate and coffee; they are flexible to whatever you want! But you need a security guard or two if you have alcoholic drinks) and play games while you're taking pictures and the barn is getting any final touches. I also was in my friend's wedding at CW Ranch, and she had her ceremony inside the barn. They then rearranged the barn during the cocktail hour for the reception (it was an August wedding, so they were sparing everyone from enduring the heat!). The barn was beautiful in the evening. The chandeliers and lights create an elegant and warm ambiance, and the large window gave us another stunning hill country view. My husband and I also used the honeymoon cottage that they make available to you. It was so nice to have our final destination be so close by! The cottage is so cute and cozy, and they make sure you have snacks for breakfast, two plates of food and some of the cake (because you are definitely wishing later that you had more time to enjoy that fancy food you spent money on!). Overall, my wedding was absolutely stunning! I have no regrets about spending the most special day of my life at this venue.

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Kristin R

This should be your wedding venue! Reid and I could not say more amazing things about the venue and Kristine and Dennis. As many others have said before us, this venue is truly a one-stop shop that offers an experience unlike any other. Getting to spend time with Kristine and... Read More Dennis and watching them put this venue together was absolutely amazing. They thought of every detail you could think of, had all the right tools to help make for a perfect wedding day and they treat each person as though they're family. We had an outdoor ceremony with our reception indoors. The arbor is perfectly placed with the beautiful Texas Hill Country all around you. The weather was always perfect allowing everyone to be comfortable. The patio behind the ceremony site is a perfect addition to the venue and gave guests a great cocktail spot as well as a great place for them to hang out during the reception. They have two bars (outdoors and indoors) which are beautiful! The bridal suite which is upstairs in the reception hall is the perfect place to get ready and is so cute and comfortable! The grooms quarters (where the guys hung out during the day and got ready) is amazing! They were able to play poker, pool and watch sports! The reception hall is the perfect size with plenty of room for everything! Outside they also have a fire pit where all of our wedding party was able to hang out once the wedding was over. Having the bed and breakfast on site made for such a different experience. After a perfect wedding, the wedding party was still able to hang out together without having to drive anywhere. The honeymoon cottage is directly behind you and is perfect! Kristine and Dennis have breakfast prepared at the time of your choice and it is absolutely delicious! We had the opportunity to eat with our family and wedding party that stayed on site before leaving for our honeymoon. This venue is truly everything you could ever dream of for your special day. We could not be happier with the experience we had and the time we got to spend getting to know Kristine and Dennis. Thank you both for such an amazing day! Love, Kristin and Reid 10.10.15

Reviewed on 10/11/2015 Christian F

We married here in October 2015 (165 guests) and it was the most beautiful weekend thanks to Kristine and Dennis, the owners and managers of the ranch. We cannot say enough positive comments about this venue, service, or this couple. They were available anytime and truly went... Read More above and beyond for our requests. The venue is amazing and accommodates up to 30 people overnight. Our wedding party and family loved being on site for all events! Dennis and Kristine cooked us and our guests delicious breakfast every morning and catered to our every need. This venue truly has everything you could ever need: spacious for guests and huge dance floor, beautiful bridal suite and groom's quarters, outdoor and indoor ceremony options, campfire for guests, lawn games, pool, and available bartenders were our favorites! Kristine and Dennis are the most kind, open-hearted people we have met in the wedding industry and are so passionate about sharing their home and family ranch with others. We were welcomed like their own family from the moment we met. I will forever be grateful for this place and people for making our wedding day the best day. I strongly suggest making the trip to Boerne to see this place!

Perfect Hill Country Venue

Reviewed on 8/19/2015 Katie C

The CW Hill Country Ranch was by far the perfect place for my wedding weekend. It was a one stop shop which kept things simple and easy for me. Kristine and Dennis were the icing on the cake. They are the sweetest and most accommodating couple. I felt like they were family... Read More and I was at home. They could not have made my wedding weekend more perfect. They truly care and go above and beyond and it shows. My hubby and I hope to visit again as soon as we get the chance.

2015-08-19T16:55:09 Response from the vendor

Thank you! You were both such a blessing! I feel like we've added two more beautiful people to our family! Can't wait to see you again!

The Perfect Hill Country Venue

Reviewed on 8/15/2015 Dustin T

If you are looking for a gorgeous, well-priced venue in the Texas Hill Country, you’ve found it. Dennis and Kristine Rhodes and their beautiful CW Hill Country Ranch exceeded all of our expectations for our wedding day. The Venue: There are many venues in the Texas Hill... Read More Country, but none that I visited (and I visited a lot!) offered the view and scenery that CW did. We did an outdoor ceremony with an indoor reception. Being that our wedding was in the middle of July in Texas, I was concerned that our guests would get very hot sitting outside. But every time I visited the Ranch (including on our wedding day), there was a breeze that came off the hills that kept our guests comfortable. Dennis and Kristine have literally thought of EVERYTHING in building this venue from the ground up, and the best part of it is... it’s all included in your package – no surprise fees! Tables and chairs are provided and are set up by the venue (again no additional fee). The venue includes an outdoor ceremony area with arbor for decorating; outdoor patio with drink bar and gift table; vintage outdoor games like corn hole, ring toss, etc. (included in package); indoor reception hall with gorgeous chandeliers, drapes, and whiskey barrel cake table; catering kitchen; bridal suite (for the ladies to get ready); grooms quarters (for the gentlemen to get ready); and a fire pit next to the venue. The photo opportunities are ENDLESS! Dennis even took us down to the creek in a golf cart to get some pictures in the creek... our photographers were thrilled! CW offers a quaint, beautifully decorated Honeymoon Cottage you can rent for your wedding night (at an additional fee). It worked out much better than trying to find a near-by hotel or thin-walled B&B! My husband and I will definitely be coming back to the Honeymoon Cottage to celebrate our anniversaries! The Ranch also boasts of a beautiful Bed & Breakfast that was perfect for our parents and grandparents to stay at after the wedding. The Owners/Management: Though you may not realize it, the owners/management of the venue you choose will have a SIGNIFICANT impact on your wedding planning process and on you wedding day. I visited many venues where I felt like the venue was just trying to get the most money out of me that they could. I felt like “just another face” and “just another pocket book.” Dennis and Kristine could not have stood out more brightly amongst other venue management! I (the bride) first met them (and booked the venue!) while the venue was still under construction. It was a HUGE step of faith, but Dennis and Kristine delivered on everything they initially proposed. Throughout the wedding planning process, they were patient with me while I bounced countless ideas off of them and let me visit the venue as many times as I wished. This was very different from every other venue I’d been to, which most would only allow me to visit the venue to book and then for the few hours before the actual wedding to set up. They even helped us the day of the wedding with minor things that we forgot! No other venue management will do that for you! Dennis and Kristine have put so much effort and hard work into turning this venue into the dream that it is, and we honestly would not have wanted to have to have our wedding at any other place. Thank you, Dennis and Kristine and the CW Hill Country Ranch, for the love and hospitality you showed to my husband and I. We are forever grateful!

2015-08-18T11:51:08 Response from the vendor

Thank you! It was an absolute pleasure hosting your wedding and a total blessing and honor to share such an important date in your life.

Best Venue in the Hill Country!!

Reviewed on 8/10/2015

What a wonderful experience we had at the CW Hill Country Bed And Breakfast/Wedding Venue! Dennis and Kristine were incredible to work with and they didn't miss a single detail! By the end of the evening they felt like family! The wedding was intimate, joyful, and enjoyed by... Read More everyone who attended! Guests who stayed in the B & B all said they will be back again and the Honeymoon cottage was absolutely perfect! We will be booking a room at the ranch for our 6 month anniversary and look forward to spending many more anniversaries at this place that is a like a little slice of Heaven! Terri and Allan Walker

2015-08-18T11:52:09 Response from the vendor

You all were gracious and beautiful people! We LOVED being able to help create your special day.

Dennis & Kristine Rhodes

We are Dennis & Kristine Rhodes, and we have a fun story to tell about CW Ranch. It's not just a venue, it was my parent's cattle ranch for 35 years. And, it's not just in Sisterdale, TX but my father's family established Sisterdale in 1847! So this is personal to us! Our mission is to serve our brides, grooms, family and their guests with grace and hospitality and to help make your special day one of the most memorable of your lifetime.