D Play

Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Texas, New Orleans

From Cali to NOLA, Superdome to the Spotlight.

D play: Mixing todays style with yesterdays elegance. Combining the energy of Live Music with the variety/song selection rarely found with a live band. D Play has traveled the US and continues to perform for some of the top venues and clients the industry has to offer. Let us do the same for you!

Instruments

Guitar, Keyboard, Percussion, Piano, Saxophone, Trombone, Trumpet, Vocals

Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Texas, New Orleans (228) 731-0071

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Lindsey W

Where do I even begin..... We chose DPlay as our wedding band without even have seeing them play live first! (At the time I worked in the wedding industry and had experience with DPlay truly saving a wedding day during a rain storm and turning it around with their energy and... Read More positive attitude.) Seeing their playlist, and after talking to John Hozey we were 100% sure this was the band for us. We had a mixture of locals from NOLA & BR and other family from further north and knew we wanted to show everyone what a good ol' southern wedding was like. 6 months later, and we STILL have people commenting on how our wedding was the best they'd ever been to, including their own! There was not ONE person sitting down the entire time, the dancefloor was absolutely full and I've never seen so many smiles and so many people having the time of their lives - just as we were on our wedding day! John took care of everything, and even had an acoustic guitar and music available for our Ceremony. To say that DPlay is one of the best decisions we made for our wedding would be an understatement. They made our wedding a night that not only my husband & I will never forget, but everyone in attendance as well! We love you guys!!!!

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Kelsey B

My husband and I couldn't have chosen a better band for our wedding reception! They were AMAZING! Our guests cannot stop talking about how much fun they had because of the awesome band. D Play was so easy to communicate with, and they made sure they made our night exactly what... Read More we envisioned. They sent us an extensive song list and allowed us to give suggestions of our favorite songs, and they even offered to learn new songs that we love. They kept the party going the whole night, and they were great at getting the crowd involved. If you are looking to dance all night, then you should definitely consider D Play!

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 Elizabeth W

Our wedding was a BLAST, and I give a lot of the credit to D Play! From the second guests began arriving, to the very last moment when we left, they had people on the dance floor having the time of their lives! Their interaction with the crowd was amazing, and they even got my... Read More husband and I on the stage with them. Everyone I have spoken to since the wedding has had rave reviews and can’t wait to find out another time they will get to hear them play. Guests of all ages told me they loved the mix of older classics to the newest favorites! John is great to work with and will do everything he can to prepare the most amazing line-up for the band to suit the interests of your wedding. Originally, I was looking at booking a band through the Music Garden website; however, I found it difficult to get a straight answer, and I was finding their photos/information to be out of date. Being able to work directly with the band made for such a special and personal experience. You will not be disappointed if you choose D Play! They truly exceeded our expectations and made our wedding the BEST DAY EVER! Thank You!!

2017-08-10T08:44:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Elizabeth. You were an amazing bride to work for and so organized! That helped us tremendously in pulling off a flawless party for you.

Reviewed on 11/23/2017 Amber D

We were thrilled to have DPlay at our wedding, they killed it! Everyone complimented the band at the wedding!

2017-11-23T21:30:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you Ghram! We had a blast with you as well.

Reviewed on 11/23/2017 Lauren S

Woahhh!! Talk about an unbelievable band. Without a question the highlight of our wedding. Our friends are still talking about how amazing they were. They had an amazing set list and were very interactive with the crowd. They made every part of the reception so much fun and our... Read More guests danced the entire night! This wasn't a band, this was a production and they killed it!!!

2017-11-23T21:32:13 Response from the vendor

Thank you Lauren. I was A lot of fun traveling out to Santa Rosa and performing for you all!

Reviewed on 11/22/2017 Morgan B

D Play was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! Everyone at our wedding couldn't stop talking about them. They got everyone dancing and that was a big deal since several different generations were present. They play all sorts of genres and are very willing to work with you to make sure every... Read More aspect of your big day is perfect. I recommend them to anyone looking to have a great time and an unforgettable wedding!

2017-11-22T15:53:44 Response from the vendor

Thank you morgan! That wedding was like a concert!

Reviewed on 11/22/2017 Lauren R

D Play was the absolute best! They made the booking process simple and easy, which is very helpful when booking many vendors at one time. We received endless compliments from our guests about the band being so entertaining and everyone wanted to know where we found them! They... Read More played a great mix of oldies and Top40 songs at our request and played off the crowd all night long. Thanks to DPlay for making our wedding night so much fun!

2017-11-22T15:54:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you Lauren. It's an honor to be hired from another event professional, and then get such rave reviews.

Reviewed on 11/22/2017 Tiffany W

Everyone was dancing!! If they weren't on the dance floor, they were dancing next their table, while getting a cocktail or food! D Play is top notch!

2017-11-22T15:54:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you Tiffany. What a fun wedding. That dance floor was rockin'!

Reviewed on 11/08/2017 Alexis P

My husbands parents saw D Play perform last year and knew my husband and I would love them! (They were right!) Our wedding was almost canceled due to a small hurricane. My husband called all of our vendors at our rehearsal dinner the night before and was able to move our wedding... Read More to 2:00 pm instead of 6:00 pm. D Play was completely on board and ready to party! They had everyone dancing from start to finish and the energy at our reception was something I will remember for the rest of our lives. My husband took his tuxedo shirt off and I even put my hair up because we were having so much fun! Everyone at our wedding is still talking about how great D Play was! I could not have been happier with our decision to hire them and would love to party with them again!

2017-11-22T15:55:43 Response from the vendor

And we would do it all again for you and John! It was a straight throw down. Can we steal your wedding party everytime? :-D

Reviewed on 11/04/2017 Nicole A

Thank you D Play for making our wedding so much fun. Our guest are still talking about how amazing the band was. They sounded great and kept our guests of all ages dancing all night. If you're looking for a band that sounds great, has a ton of stage presence, and keeps the party... Read More going with current and classic music, D Play is the way to go! Andrew and I cannot thank you enough! 10/14/17

2017-11-22T15:56:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you Nicole! You promised a party and brought it yourself as well. Hope to see you at one of our shows in the city.

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Claire B

D Play is amazing and went above and beyond any expectations I had! I would highly recommend using them for any event or special day. A+++++++

2017-11-22T15:56:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you claire! We had a blast with you.

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Danielle C

Our wedding reception was absoutley amazing and one of the biggest contributing factors was because of the band. They kept the party going and involed the crowd. My family loves to dance and everyone danced the night away! So many of our guests commented on how much fun the... Read More band made the reception. We couldn't be happier with our choice to book them! I would definitely recommend D Play.

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Jamie C

My wedding is next year. I sent a number of messages out to what I knew to be some of the biggest names amongst my friends who are married. In the end, we made our decision. And we are quite pleased. I sent messages to all of the bands I'd contacted letting them know we'd... Read More found our fit. Everyone pleasantly congratulated us and wished us well... except for DPLAY> I just got this message from their booking person/manager. Sorry to hear that! If you haven’t paid a deposit yet, do keep in mind that we were one of the only band in the WHOLE south region to be chosen to play the Saints Pregame this year. They pulled in us, along with a slew of national acts and had the choice of hundreds of bands. That is a great indication of the quality of our group compared to others you may be looking at, including the one you booked. I would strongly suggest taking a closer look if you can to make an educated decision. I found his response to be beyond insulting. Not every bride is looking for whatever he thinks he's selling. I know I wasn't. All the acclaim in the world doesn't change that I simply wasn't impressed. I would have left it at that, had he not been so rude in his reply. I know in my heart I made the right choice with the band I hired. And I KNOW this would have been the WRONG choice. Very Rude.

2017-11-22T16:01:53 Response from the vendor

I reached out to this prospective client with a follow up. I agree that I should have used a better approach and have learned from this and grown. My intention, as stated to the client in a followup, was to only help her avoid some... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Ana P

D Play is amazing and so worth every single penny! I firmly believe that having a live band at any event truly sets the atmosphere, and let me tell ya.... It was fantastic. They had everyone dancing all night and I had multiple people coming up to me saying they were the best... Read More band they had ever seen at a wedding. John and his crew were so amazing to work with and also super flexible. I would recommend them for any and every event!

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Emiko H

You can't get better than John and D play! We had the BEST experience with them, and EVERYONE has commented about how incredible the music was at our reception. John is so easy to get in contact with and so flexible and able to work with you. They were incredible and I hope we... Read More have another occasion to call them again. They played music from every genre and time period and engaged the guest and bridal party so much. We cannot say enough good things. You're crazy if you don't hire them!

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Mikayla W

D Play is amazing! Since we live out of state and our wedding was in NOLA planning was all done over phone / email. John was fantastic during the whole process!!!!!! We are a very laid back couple so we didn't have many requests so we put the schedule/song choices in their hands... Read More and they absolutely ROCKED it!!! We had an 80 person wedding and every person ranted and raved how awesome the band was !They even did the second line for us! I 1000000000% telling you to book them for your wedding!

2017-08-10T08:42:03 Response from the vendor

Thank you Mikayla! You and such a fun group with you. Maybe we'll make it down to florida soon!

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Caroline H

D Play played at our wedding in May and they were amazing! They have great energy and keep the guest dancing all night. Everyone is still talking about how good they were. We are so happy we chose them! Highly recommended to anyone!

2017-08-10T08:45:45 Response from the vendor

Caroline, thank you again for having us. From the dancing, to the fireworks, and not to mention the pop brothers stand! It was awesome.

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Christian J

Beyond amazing! DPlay made our wedding the most fun night of our lives! Wow are they talented! They can play EVERYTHING and they're so much fun! If you are hesitatating... don't ! It will be the best decision you make ! Our wedding wouldn't have been the Same without them! They... Read More even let me and my husband sing on the stage (for quite awhile I might add)... we felt like rockstars!!! I want to crash weddings now just to see them play more :) and my mom was obsessed too. I've never seen her dance so much in my life!

2017-08-10T08:43:00 Response from the vendor

Beyond grateful Christian. And so glad we made a super fan willing to travel out of your mother!!!!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Julie J

D Play was truly the highlight of our wedding!! This was a destination wedding for us and we hired them without ever hearing them play live. After speaking with John and reading reviews I knew we were making the right choice! They made our wedding the party we wanted it to be!... Read More Every guest was on their feet the entire night and they are still raving about the band!! We filled out their questionare and they were so great with going along with the crowd and playing the songs everyone wanted to hear! They also accommodated us when we wanted my sister to sing our wedding song with the band. John took care of the entire process for the second line and everything fell in to place perctly! He was great to work with and answered every question I had quickly and always made me feel at ease! Thank you D Play for being such a big part of our big day!

2017-08-10T08:44:58 Response from the vendor

Julie, Thank you so much for having us. We know we'll be up north one day so you'll have to catch us and relive it all again!

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Elizabeth H

D Play truly is AMAZING! They have a very broad playlist (they can literally sing anything... and do it well) and are very interactive with the crowd. And to top it off, Jonny is SO nice and responsive. My guests LOVED them, too. Countless people have already asked me for their... Read More contact information. As a side note, I booked them after getting conned by my previous band. I was searching for a replacement band with only a couple months before my wedding, and it was a MIRACLE that they had a cancelation on my date and were able to fill in. Since that moment, they were so wonderful. I cannot recommend them enough. If you want to not worry a second about the band on your wedding day, get D Play. I know these amazing people will blow you away.

2017-06-09T08:45:55 Response from the vendor

Why Thank you so much Elizabeth! I hope to see you around more. So glad our paths crossed. It was meant to be we both had cancellations. Perfect evening!

Reviewed on 6/03/2017 Lori B

This band is excellent and so much fun!! We used them for both of our daughter's weddings!!! We would highly recommend them to anyone!!!

2017-06-05T14:01:40 Response from the vendor

Thank you Lori. Didn't you say you had one more???? ;-) Your family and friends are so much fun. We love it!

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 Erin B

Lively and fun! They got our guests out on the dance floor

2017-06-05T14:02:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you Erin. We had a blast with you all.

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 Mollie C

Top notch performers! We LOVE D PLAY and couldn't have asked for better wedding entertainment! :) :)

2017-06-05T14:02:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you Mollie! You were such a pleasure to perform for.

Reviewed on 4/21/2017 Benjamin W

D Play brought my wedding to life! The best thing about my reception was this band! All of my guests loved every song and couldn't stay off the dance floor. D Play was the best!! Book them now!

2017-04-24T15:08:18 Response from the vendor

I don't know who this is but thank you!!!!

Reviewed on 4/18/2017 maureen b

Kind of hard to book a band for a destination wedding online...without hearing them, but I read reviews, and asked our venue if they had ever had DPlay perform there. They had not, but I mentioned that John said they had an upcoming event there and gave the date.....the venue... Read More said that we should definitely book them ....they people that booked them for their event were very big into planning NOLA music events and said if they booked DPlay, they must be awesome!!! So we did, and we are so glad....they were fabulous!!! Fun, quirky, unbelievable music, so willing to do anything we asked.....music, 2nd line, requests, ceremony music, personality!!!! John personally handled all we asked, even booking all the 2nd Line requirements and made it the best part of the wedding for all of us that had never been to a wedding in NOLA before!!! He also was quick to answer all phone calls, emails, texts.....something that not all wedding people do, but so important especially when doing everything from halfway across the country. Can't wait to see all the pictures of the incredible night we had. Thank you John and all the band.......hope to get back to New Orleans to see you again, somewhere!

2017-04-24T15:09:13 Response from the vendor

Molly, thank you so much for the kind words. Hope that I can meet up with you and your husband in Hawaii one day! Music isn't as good but i'm sure we'll make due. lol

John Hozey

My approach is hands on. Relationships are as important to me as the product. I encourage face to face meetings and getting to know my clients as it helps me tap into the energy of the couple, and allows me to truly deliver a completely unique experience. I come from a diverse musical family. My mother was a promoter and producer and both my father and step-father were professional musicians. I use this experience of growing up around them to teach me both sides of the industry. Not many other people have the opportunity to be both backstage and onstage their whole life!