D Play

Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Texas, New Orleans

From Cali to NOLA, Superdome to the Spotlight.

D play: Mixing todays style with yesterdays elegance. Combining the energy of Live Music with the variety/song selection rarely found with a live band. D Play has traveled the US and continues to perform for some of the top venues and clients the industry has to offer. Let us do the same for you!

Instruments

Guitar, Keyboard, Percussion, Piano, Saxophone, Trombone, Trumpet, Vocals

Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100

Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Texas, New Orleans (228) 731-0071

Reviewed on 11/24/2017 Kristina G

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you don't book D Play for your wedding just know that no matter what you do...it could have been better if these guys were rocking your reception. They are incredibly professional and best of all actually incredibly talented! We elected to go for... Read More the full horn section and extra singer and it was the best decision I've ever made in my life. Let me tell you...we had a big amazing wedding at Race + Religious with spectacular food, flowers, etc...EVERYONE still talks about our band. D Play will take the time to get to know you and to get to know your style and personalities...then you just have to let go and trust them to take your guests on a 3 hour long ride of awesome. They are able to read the crowd and choose songs that will keep the party moving and the dance floor full! They were also AMAZING with accommodating learning our special songs. I HATE when you have a band and then all of the sudden they have to play the Mother-Son dance song through speakers...not these guys...they owned "My Wish," "La Vie en Rose," and "Got You Babe." It was beyond special. OH MY FAVORITE FAVORITE!!!! If you do a second-line (which obviously you should) they changed it up and, in addition to that first traditional second-line song, they played brassed up versions of, "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" and "Lovely Day." It was so freaking cool. Any way...this is hands down the best band I or anyone at my wedding has EVER heard at ANY event. They literally made the night. Thanks, guys!!!!!!

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Kelsey B

My husband and I couldn't have chosen a better band for our wedding reception! They were AMAZING! Our guests cannot stop talking about how much fun they had because of the awesome band. D Play was so easy to communicate with, and they made sure they made our night exactly what... Read More we envisioned. They sent us an extensive song list and allowed us to give suggestions of our favorite songs, and they even offered to learn new songs that we love. They kept the party going the whole night, and they were great at getting the crowd involved. If you are looking to dance all night, then you should definitely consider D Play!

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 Elizabeth W

Our wedding was a BLAST, and I give a lot of the credit to D Play! From the second guests began arriving, to the very last moment when we left, they had people on the dance floor having the time of their lives! Their interaction with the crowd was amazing, and they even got my... Read More husband and I on the stage with them. Everyone I have spoken to since the wedding has had rave reviews and can’t wait to find out another time they will get to hear them play. Guests of all ages told me they loved the mix of older classics to the newest favorites! John is great to work with and will do everything he can to prepare the most amazing line-up for the band to suit the interests of your wedding. Originally, I was looking at booking a band through the Music Garden website; however, I found it difficult to get a straight answer, and I was finding their photos/information to be out of date. Being able to work directly with the band made for such a special and personal experience. You will not be disappointed if you choose D Play! They truly exceeded our expectations and made our wedding the BEST DAY EVER! Thank You!!

2017-08-10T08:44:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Elizabeth. You were an amazing bride to work for and so organized! That helped us tremendously in pulling off a flawless party for you.

Reviewed on 12/24/2017 Mark Q

We originally booked a different band for our wedding last month, but they cancelled just a few months prior. I’m so happy they did because Dplay was absolutely incredible. Music was my number one priority so I did a ton of research to find the right band. Dplay was 5star from... Read More start to finish. They were great to work with and very responsive in the months leading up to our wedding. One thing that immediately I pressed me was their willingness to pass along uncut footage from a recent wedding. Most bands will send a highlight reel but this band is confident enough to send a whole wedding and that gave me confidence that I was getting a really great band. During the reception they played a great mix of music and kept the dance floor packed the entire time. I’m not much of a dancer but they do such a great job creating a set list and working the room that I never sat down. All of our guests couldn’t stop raving about this band and I would highly recommend them to anyone. I’d also recommend adding horns like we did. Thank you Dplay!

Reviewed on 12/01/2017 Allison E

TOTALLY WORTH IT!! I booked D Play having been in the wedding business and heard they were great. But great is not the word.....they are INCREDIBLE! The dance floor was kicking from beginning to the last second of my wedding. The group is young, energetic and full of great... Read More energy. I had some special request songs I was sure we were going to have to play the recorded version but they played them live and rocked! Our wedding day was the best day of our life and D Play was a huge part in making it unforgettable! I can't thank them enough!

Reviewed on 11/27/2017 Heather E

We recently got married and had D Play as our band at our reception. They were recommended to us by a few people and we couldn’t be more pleased with with them. John (band manager and drummer) was always very responsive and upbeat. The band is incredibly talented and very high... Read More energy. They interact with your guests and even some family members that we have never seen dance in our lives were out on the dance floor having a blast! We highly recommend you use D Play at your wedding. You won’t be disappointed

Reviewed on 11/24/2017 Heidi Z

Extremely professional. Very talented and great entertainers. Our family and friends loved D Play as much as we did!

Reviewed on 11/24/2017 Shruti W

Great band! Definitely know how to throw a party! Our guests were so impressed and we kept getting compliments about how great our band was. One of the best wedding bands I have ever seen!

Reviewed on 11/24/2017 Abby R

We had an unbeatable wedding. This band was perfect!

Reviewed on 11/24/2017 Diane G

When we were looking for a band for my daughter's wedding, we had a clear vision of what we were looking for, especially a strong horn section, band that played to all generations with an extensive playlist that included local Louisiana and New Orleans favorites. D-Play exceeded... Read More all our expectations. They met with my daughter to get a good feel for what experience she was looking for, and after she was very relieved and confident she had the perfect band. I was excited that the price was all inclusive of lighting, sound, etc. and even had a section to lead the second line. They made the night fun for everyone, and I am still hearing that that was the best band they ever heard at a wedding. They interacted with the guests and kept everyone dancing. It was awesome!

Reviewed on 11/24/2017 Rowena R

It was my daughter who hired the D Play band for her wedding day. The second line was amazing. They played classic New Orleans songs and were excellent. They were on time after the church ceremony. You can see from all our guests their excitement when they started playing. I... Read More would say that it went well and smoothly. John handled the city permit and police escort. Their performance at the reception was lively and engaging as well. Our guests had fun and danced all night long!

Reviewed on 11/24/2017 Jason W

This band is the best band I’ve ever seen at a wedding or similar event. We had some friends that used them for a wedding and knew right then that we had to have them. They were outstanding at our wedding and went out of their way to make sure our experience was outstanding. We... Read More had MANY friends at the wedding and afterwards tell us how great and fun they were. They play relevant music, both old and new, and get the party going and keep you entertained. I would HIGHLY recommend this band to anyone!

Reviewed on 11/23/2017 Amber D

We were thrilled to have DPlay at our wedding, they killed it! Everyone complimented the band at the wedding!

2017-11-23T21:30:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you Ghram! We had a blast with you as well.

Reviewed on 11/23/2017 Lauren S

Woahhh!! Talk about an unbelievable band. Without a question the highlight of our wedding. Our friends are still talking about how amazing they were. They had an amazing set list and were very interactive with the crowd. They made every part of the reception so much fun and our... Read More guests danced the entire night! This wasn't a band, this was a production and they killed it!!!

2017-11-23T21:32:13 Response from the vendor

Thank you Lauren. I was A lot of fun traveling out to Santa Rosa and performing for you all!

Reviewed on 11/22/2017 Morgan B

D Play was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! Everyone at our wedding couldn't stop talking about them. They got everyone dancing and that was a big deal since several different generations were present. They play all sorts of genres and are very willing to work with you to make sure every... Read More aspect of your big day is perfect. I recommend them to anyone looking to have a great time and an unforgettable wedding!

2017-11-22T15:53:44 Response from the vendor

Thank you morgan! That wedding was like a concert!

Reviewed on 11/22/2017 Lauren R

D Play was the absolute best! They made the booking process simple and easy, which is very helpful when booking many vendors at one time. We received endless compliments from our guests about the band being so entertaining and everyone wanted to know where we found them! They... Read More played a great mix of oldies and Top40 songs at our request and played off the crowd all night long. Thanks to DPlay for making our wedding night so much fun!

2017-11-22T15:54:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you Lauren. It's an honor to be hired from another event professional, and then get such rave reviews.

Reviewed on 11/22/2017 Tiffany W

Everyone was dancing!! If they weren't on the dance floor, they were dancing next their table, while getting a cocktail or food! D Play is top notch!

2017-11-22T15:54:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you Tiffany. What a fun wedding. That dance floor was rockin'!

Reviewed on 11/08/2017 Alexis P

My husbands parents saw D Play perform last year and knew my husband and I would love them! (They were right!) Our wedding was almost canceled due to a small hurricane. My husband called all of our vendors at our rehearsal dinner the night before and was able to move our wedding... Read More to 2:00 pm instead of 6:00 pm. D Play was completely on board and ready to party! They had everyone dancing from start to finish and the energy at our reception was something I will remember for the rest of our lives. My husband took his tuxedo shirt off and I even put my hair up because we were having so much fun! Everyone at our wedding is still talking about how great D Play was! I could not have been happier with our decision to hire them and would love to party with them again!

2017-11-22T15:55:43 Response from the vendor

And we would do it all again for you and John! It was a straight throw down. Can we steal your wedding party everytime? :-D

Reviewed on 11/04/2017 Nicole A

Thank you D Play for making our wedding so much fun. Our guest are still talking about how amazing the band was. They sounded great and kept our guests of all ages dancing all night. If you're looking for a band that sounds great, has a ton of stage presence, and keeps the party... Read More going with current and classic music, D Play is the way to go! Andrew and I cannot thank you enough! 10/14/17

2017-11-22T15:56:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you Nicole! You promised a party and brought it yourself as well. Hope to see you at one of our shows in the city.

Reviewed on 11/01/2017 Claire B

D Play is amazing and went above and beyond any expectations I had! I would highly recommend using them for any event or special day. A+++++++

2017-11-22T15:56:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you claire! We had a blast with you.

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Danielle C

Our wedding reception was absoutley amazing and one of the biggest contributing factors was because of the band. They kept the party going and involed the crowd. My family loves to dance and everyone danced the night away! So many of our guests commented on how much fun the... Read More band made the reception. We couldn't be happier with our choice to book them! I would definitely recommend D Play.

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Jamie C

My wedding is next year. I sent a number of messages out to what I knew to be some of the biggest names amongst my friends who are married. In the end, we made our decision. And we are quite pleased. I sent messages to all of the bands I'd contacted letting them know we'd... Read More found our fit. Everyone pleasantly congratulated us and wished us well... except for DPLAY> I just got this message from their booking person/manager. Sorry to hear that! If you haven’t paid a deposit yet, do keep in mind that we were one of the only band in the WHOLE south region to be chosen to play the Saints Pregame this year. They pulled in us, along with a slew of national acts and had the choice of hundreds of bands. That is a great indication of the quality of our group compared to others you may be looking at, including the one you booked. I would strongly suggest taking a closer look if you can to make an educated decision. I found his response to be beyond insulting. Not every bride is looking for whatever he thinks he's selling. I know I wasn't. All the acclaim in the world doesn't change that I simply wasn't impressed. I would have left it at that, had he not been so rude in his reply. I know in my heart I made the right choice with the band I hired. And I KNOW this would have been the WRONG choice. Very Rude.

2017-11-22T16:01:53 Response from the vendor

I reached out to this prospective client with a follow up. I agree that I should have used a better approach and have learned from this and grown. My intention, as stated to the client in a followup, was to only help her avoid some... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Ana P

D Play is amazing and so worth every single penny! I firmly believe that having a live band at any event truly sets the atmosphere, and let me tell ya.... It was fantastic. They had everyone dancing all night and I had multiple people coming up to me saying they were the best... Read More band they had ever seen at a wedding. John and his crew were so amazing to work with and also super flexible. I would recommend them for any and every event!

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Emiko H

You can't get better than John and D play! We had the BEST experience with them, and EVERYONE has commented about how incredible the music was at our reception. John is so easy to get in contact with and so flexible and able to work with you. They were incredible and I hope we... Read More have another occasion to call them again. They played music from every genre and time period and engaged the guest and bridal party so much. We cannot say enough good things. You're crazy if you don't hire them!

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Mikayla W

D Play is amazing! Since we live out of state and our wedding was in NOLA planning was all done over phone / email. John was fantastic during the whole process!!!!!! We are a very laid back couple so we didn't have many requests so we put the schedule/song choices in their hands... Read More and they absolutely ROCKED it!!! We had an 80 person wedding and every person ranted and raved how awesome the band was !They even did the second line for us! I 1000000000% telling you to book them for your wedding!

2017-08-10T08:42:03 Response from the vendor

Thank you Mikayla! You and such a fun group with you. Maybe we'll make it down to florida soon!

John Hozey

My approach is hands on. Relationships are as important to me as the product. I encourage face to face meetings and getting to know my clients as it helps me tap into the energy of the couple, and allows me to truly deliver a completely unique experience. I come from a diverse musical family. My mother was a promoter and producer and both my father and step-father were professional musicians. I use this experience of growing up around them to teach me both sides of the industry. Not many other people have the opportunity to be both backstage and onstage their whole life!